The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rider Switch - Got the answer!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1572001)

boomhauer 09-05-2007 05:01 PM

Rider Switch - Got the answer!!!
 
Hi all.

Many of you had asked and have been asking if I got any information from Disney regarding rider switch/baby swap. About an hour ago, I got the call from Disney Executive Offices. Very nice gentleman. And the answer is.....the CM was WRONG!

I'll explain a bit. Recently, Disney has had to crack down alot more with the rider switch and fastpass programs, due to the people selling the passes online or taking advantage of the system in the parks. Disney has been and will continue to tinker with the system until it works perfectly for those that need it and works against those that would take advantage of it. Disney is WELL aware and these people will be dealt with. Anyways, he went on to say, the rider switch policy is NOT only in effect for rides/attractions with height restrictions. It can be used for ANY ride/attraction.

Here's where I can see the confusion coming into play. Because of the people mentioned above, the CM's are basically told to use their judgement. Example - John Doe shows up asking for a rider switch pass and says his wife is in the restroom with their baby - No pass is to be given. However, John Doe shows up asking for a rider switch pass with his wife and their child who does not/can not ride, the CM, regardless of the ride/attraction, is to give a rider switch pass.

We talked for a few more minutes and he went on to say that they appreciate all the feedback they get and it's not just something he says. In order to keep the high standards that they do, they NEED customer feedback.

I liked this guy. He kept mentioning Walt. "If Walt knew about people selling fastpasses", "Walt's idea was for families to enjoy", etc.

So, there it is. Hopefully that answers any of the questions those who wanted to know had and will help all those out who can use the system the way it was intended to be used.

kimluvswdw 09-05-2007 05:07 PM

It is a shame that people are so dishonest that they would sell those on Ebay. Again, I would have to ask, whats wrong with people? It is as bad as when people who don't need one rent a wheelchair just so they don't have to wait in line.

boomhauer 09-05-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimluvswdw (Post 20658090)
It is a shame that people are so dishonest that they would sell those on Ebay. Again, I would have to ask, whats wrong with people? It is as bad as when people who don't need one rent a wheelchair just so they don't have to wait in line.

We talked about that. It was really funny. I was saying how it sickened me and members of a message board I frequent. He just laughed.


As he said "Things Walt never would have imagined people doing."

Like I said, I really liked this guy. He seemed to really have the Disney attitude that we all love so much.

kimbac3 09-05-2007 05:21 PM

Thanks for the update:thumbsup2

Kimba

PrincessSuzanne 09-05-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomhauer (Post 20658178)
We talked about that. It was really funny. I was saying how it sickened me and members of a message board I frequent. He just laughed.


As he said "Things Walt never would have imagined people doing."

Like I said, I really liked this guy. He seemed to really have the Disney attitude that we all love so much.


I don't think people were quite as dishonest in Walt's Era as they are now and with technology progressing as much asit is, it just keeps getting worse. I wish people would be more honest.

I use an ECV for mobility issues, but I can still wait in a regular line, but mom can't and I have to be there to help her, but I certainly don't use it to get through the line faster. Both of us would much rather be able to walk through the parks and stand in a regular line like eveyone else. I have to remind mom not to worry about what other people say, because she has just as much right to be there as she does, doesn't matter if she does need assistance getting on a ride, or need a special car to ride her favirite ride, we are just glad someone had the ability to create these items so she can be just as big a kid as they come.

Thank you for going above and beyond boomhauer, I have really learned alot from these boards and that makes our trips that much more enjoyable.

Suzanne princess:

CPer'sMom 09-05-2007 05:35 PM

Thanks for the update! It's nice to hear that Disney execs will take the time to call and talk about customer service concerns. I hope there are CM training sessions often enough so that this type of info (regarding the rider-switch pass among other things) gets out to everyone. Otherwise, even if you know you are entitled to a r/s pass, you can't be sure the CM will also know that :rolleyes1

boomhauer 09-05-2007 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne (Post 20658542)
Thank you for going above and beyond boomhauer, I have really learned alot from these boards and that makes our trips that much more enjoyable.

No problem at all.

mattsdragon 09-05-2007 05:40 PM

Is there a link to another thread so I can read the whole saga that seems to be going on here.

mking624 09-05-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne (Post 20658542)
I don't think people were quite as dishonest in Walt's Era as they are now and with technology progressing as much asit is, it just keeps getting worse. I wish people would be more honest.

I somewhat disagree. There hasn't been some radical shift in human nature that has caused human behavior to become worse and worse in recent years. The difference is that things are allowing that behavior to become more easily done...and easily noticed. I am sure that people in Walt's era were trying to make a quick buck and take advantage of people. Technology has simply made those dishonest people more able to take advantage of others.

CPer'sMom 09-05-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mking624 (Post 20658667)
I somewhat disagree. There hasn't been some radical shift in human nature that has caused human behavior to become worse and worse in recent years.

Really? You don't think so?

I think much of society is becoming more and more "me" orientated all the time. It's all about 'how can I be first?", "how can I get the best deal for me?", "I hurt myself - wonder how much I can sue them for?". Yes, it may be a *small* part of the population that feels that way, but it seems to be growing all the time.

MIB Rocks 09-05-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

the CM's are basically told to use their judgement.
So, I guess that means the CMs can do what they find appropriate for each situation? That's still kind of not getting a real answer.

mking624 09-05-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPer'sMom (Post 20658856)
Really? You don't think so?

I think much of society is becoming more and more "me" orientated all the time. It's all about 'how can I be first?", "how can I get the best deal for me?", "I hurt myself - wonder how much I can sue them for?". Yes, it may be a *small* part of the population that feels that way, but it seems to be growing all the time.

It feels that way because technology and other things have made it more easy to see. If there was no internet, if television was still limited on what you could view, if cable still didn't exist, etc etc etc...you wouldn't be noticing it as you do now. We simply just seeing these things in ways we weren't able to before. People have been dishonest for centuries. People have been self centered for centuries. What we are seeing today really isn't anything new. There are simply just new ways of hearing about it and new ways for it to be done.

mking624 09-05-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIB Rocks (Post 20658869)
So, I guess that means the CMs can do what they find appropriate for each situation? That's still kind of not getting a real answer.

I agree...when the CMs are allowed to make their own judgment calls, that's not really giving a definitive answer. Seems like it's an impasse here...some people felt the CM was wrong, the CM made a judgment call he felt was right. :confused3

boomhauer 09-05-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mking624 (Post 20659117)
I agree...when the CMs are allowed to make their own judgment calls, that's not really giving a definitive answer. Seems like it's an impasse here...some people felt the CM was wrong, the CM made a judgment call he felt was right. :confused3

I kind of felt that way too. When I brought that up the gentleman said it had to be done that way, but in our particular case where we had sleeping infants, there should have been no questions and he apologized.

But I agree - The situation could certainly arise again. Questoin is, if it does, do you want to take the time to speak with guest relations and get the situation resolved? It'll have to be taken on a case by case scenario.

I'm hoping, for us, rider switch won't even be in the equation in about 6 years. I'd love for my boys to wanna do everything. In the meantime, it's good to know that the policy should help parents out at all attractions.

CPer'sMom 09-05-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mking624 (Post 20659025)
It feels that way because technology and other things have made it more easy to see. If there was no internet, if television was still limited on what you could view, if cable still didn't exist, etc etc etc...you wouldn't be noticing it as you do now.


I don't know ~ We've been going to Disney for many, many years and I know I am seeing a lot more rude, self-centered guests than I ever did before!! And that doesn't take any new technology to see that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.