The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   California Grill - reviews (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1267861)

Cyrano 11-04-2006 07:23 AM

California Grill - reviews

This table service restaurant is located in the Disneyland Hotel.
This is the tour de force of culinary offerings in the Disneyland Paris Resort.
Considered to have the most extensive wine list and on the to-do list if you are looking for a fine dining experience; albeit at a price.
Have a look here for a look at the restaurant.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

Willem 12-24-2007 08:28 AM

The food in this restaurant is terrific! Very "chique, but our server didn't really fit in. He missed the necessary class. However if you're looking for fine cuisine with park view, go here. Other top restaurants in DLP are Manhattan and Yacht Club.

Princess_Melanie 12-24-2007 01:13 PM

We dined at the CG a few weeks ago as our "Anniversary Meal" on our 4 day trip. We were booked in at Buffalow Bills but they tried to rip us off and we ruder than rude so we asked the Concierge at the DLH where we were staying what we could do instead for something special and she swung it for us to dine at the CG :)

We had a beautiful view of the castle and the food was fantastic. Highly recommend if you fancy something special and don't mind paying a little more.

Oh, girls - take a wrap with you, the air conditioning was a little chilly after a while!!

Bolanette87 03-02-2008 09:46 AM

Another restaurant query I'm afraid!! Has anyone dined here recently? If so, what is the food like??

Bob xoxoxox

marcus.ka 03-02-2008 12:00 PM

We ate there in June 2006 (so a little while ago). But back then the food and the atmosphere were great. I would eat there again every time.
Some pictures of the food and of the view that you can have from that restaurant can be found in my album here:

http://pp.mousekingdom.com/thumbnails.php?album=281

Bolanette87 03-02-2008 12:37 PM

Thank you Marcus! The food does look gorgeous!

Was only enquiring because of the fussy nature of my partner!

Thanks again.

Bob xoxoxox

chipndalefan 05-24-2008 03:29 PM

Is there a dress code here? Do people tend to dress up or is it casual?

Danauk 05-24-2008 03:32 PM

When we have eaten there there is usually a mixture of both. Some people have come straight from the park, some have dressed for dinner. Most people seem to be smart casual though.

Inkmahm 05-25-2008 08:31 PM

I'm eating here on Friday. Anyone have a menu copy from the restaurant that is posted online to see?

bubblefactory 05-28-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmahm (Post 25320126)
I'm eating here on Friday. Anyone have a menu copy from the restaurant that is posted online to see?

There is a California Grill Dinner menu here :)

Danauk 05-28-2008 01:00 PM

I'm not sure how often they update their menu (I would imagine quite often as they use in season produce.) But then menu posted above was not the menu we choose from last month. Maybe they have changed their menu since then though.

Inkmahm 05-30-2008 12:23 AM

Thanks for the menu help, we'll be eating there tonight! :cool1:

I'm a little disappointed though that the menu posted really looks nothing at all like the California Grill menu from Florida (one of my favorite restaurants anywhere.) I love the flatbreads (none on the Paris menu) and their beef tenderloin (may be on the Paris menu, we'll see.)

Danauk 05-30-2008 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmahm (Post 25396439)
Thanks for the menu help, we'll be eating there tonight! :cool1:

I'm a little disappointed though that the menu posted really looks nothing at all like the California Grill menu from Florida (one of my favorite restaurants anywhere.) I love the flatbreads (none on the Paris menu) and their beef tenderloin (may be on the Paris menu, we'll see.)

The California Grill at Paris is nothing like the California Grill at WDW, however they are both lovely restaurants but for different reasons. I couldn't choose which one I prefer as they are both really good. Have a great meal there tonight.

torsie24 05-30-2008 03:04 AM

Is there a cocktail bar here?

The food all looks a bit fancy for me after a long day. But A drink and a lovely view would be just the ticket.

Danauk 05-30-2008 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torsie24 (Post 25396911)
Is there a cocktail bar here?

The food all looks a bit fancy for me after a long day. But A drink and a lovely view would be just the ticket.

The cocktail bar is opposite the restaurant, it is called Cafe Fantasia. It does not have a view of the park, but does have a lovely view of Fantasia gardens.