The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   The Fixer and The Cookmaster:major pixie dust*IT'S FINISHED*EPILOGUE UP!!#389 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1064872)

jamal 03-23-2006 01:41 PM

The Fixer and The Cookmaster:major pixie dust*IT'S FINISHED*EPILOGUE UP!!#389

Well, I'm writing this so you kind people will hold me to my promise to write a TR when we return. We're leaving in 2 hours and I thought I'd give you a title :thumbsup2 before we go. I cannot imagine what I will do with my time when we return in ten days, so I'll write a trippie for you. And me. Mostly me.

The Pre-trip report is written, but you're gonna have to wait until we return to read it. Because between now and then, you'll get to laugh and celebrate the terrific threads going on now and you'll forget our little cast. So I'll post it all when I get back... ;) after I read the ones I've missed while I'm gone.

I'll spread some pixie dust for y'all. FIRST POST: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...28&postcount=9

Jamal
AKA The Fixer

pumba 03-23-2006 09:01 PM

you lucky.....you are probably on your way.........and I have another month to wait.......hope to hear from you after

OhMari 03-23-2006 09:18 PM

:surfweb:

javamom 03-23-2006 09:45 PM

As Crush would say:

Cha, do it dude!

enjoy!

TLinden16 03-23-2006 10:37 PM

Have a wonderful time! I look forward to hearing about your trip when you return.

Minniespal 03-26-2006 05:15 AM

Have a wonderful time ~ Look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

jamal 04-02-2006 12:39 AM

Well, we just got home from the glorious, magical ten day trip! I have notes and pictures for the trip report; yes, it's coming this week!

How am I supposed to wake up in the morning without Mickey and Stitch calling??

byoung 04-02-2006 12:58 AM

Have a great vacation.

jamal 04-02-2006 10:51 PM

PRE-TRIP report

The Cast
Me, The Fixer (because I fix problems and situations, not things), Jam, Jamal, 42 year-old obsessive Disney planner, wife and mom
DH 44, Baloo! Told me early in our dating he wanted to honeymoon at Disney. Shrek (sorry, but he is…an ogre with a heart! Everyone calls him Shrek. We’ve never been to Universal so don’t flame me.), Mr. Incredible, too.
DS11, A, Calvin AND Hobbes, sweet, the imagineer, black belt, lives for Disney magic, Cal, has firm plans to work for Disney. Not a greedy spender like his brother…
DS6, E, Schmev, made of steel but terrified of Splash Mountain, Happy, Golden Sunshine, Buff. Greedy little joker....

Our friends:They will be known as The Gatelatch family. Explanations to come! Keep reading! CookMaster, GS12, GS9 (Gatelatch sons)
The CookMaster, became my friend through our sons’ friendship. Songbird and lover-of-life, has zesty hair, Scoutmaster, The Magician (you’ll see!!!)
Cledus B. Gatelatch: The RugDoctor, Aladdin, can’t vacation more than 6 days.
Their DS12, or GS12, actor and awesome kid, Boy Scout, Captain Hook, terrific friend to my A!
Their DS9, or GS9, comic book writer extraordinaire, Beat, C, has written two hilarious comic books about “The Fixer” (me) and “The CookMaster” (his mom). More on that later!!!

I’ve been planning for months. Three months. Ever since DH swept in a few days before Christmas and said the words that make me fall in love with him again: “Let’s go back to Disney spring break.” Oh, I love that man! He knows I need something to look forward to after Christmas and what is better to look forward to than Disney?

I fret that our children will be spoiled rotten adults. I loathe our over-indulgent culture. I am a minimalist at heart (well, sorta) and want us all to appreciate the material blessings that come our way.

Then DS11 reminds me he and his brother are not spoiled…except about Disney. Yes, he’s right. Except for his six magical trips to The World, his almost-12 years on earth have been spent as Cinderella’s apprentice, cleaning ashes and soot and washing clothes on a rock. Our hovel is bare save the memories we cherish from our irresponsible vacations to Kissimmee, FL.

You’re not buying much of this so far, are you?

So we surprised the kids with a clever note in the Christmas tree and I’ve been analyzing and planning since December 26. OK, noon on Christmas Day.

A little background and a scan of my signature below will remind you we went to DW last May. We are fortunate to have many Dis-loving friends and try to convince them to go with us when we can. The only thing more fun than planning a WDW trip for four is planning one for fourteen! That was last year’s trip, when two families joined us. Magical, magical. I’m still poring over those pics. One fond memory of that trip—our first with evening EMH—was when our husbands took the older kids on Space Mountain at 11PM one night and my friend and I agreed to meet them with our five-year-olds back at the ride exit at 11:45. We walked off laughing, for who in the real world dashes off to play with two five-year-olds at 11:30 at night?

Anyway, those two dear families weren’t able to Dis with us this year—something about funding higher education-- so I began to work on DS’s good friend’s family. The Cookmaster brings laughter, music, compliments, and a giving spirit—oh, and the best cookies you’ve ever eaten—to all she touches. She is a dear friend, a real friend, the kind you know you’ll always enjoy as you finish each other’s sentences. Her DH is Aladdin by trade, owning a flooring/carpet company, who ‘squeaks when he walks’ according to the Cookmaster. He works hard, loves his wife and boys, and had a great time on their first Disney trip 2+ years ago. They are in by mid-January! :Pinkbounc They want me to plan it all and even act excited when I say I‘ll make a spreadsheet for the trip. Good friends, these people. A and E are overjoyed; they love this family.

Subscribe to TGMiKE, plant myself at the throne of the PC :surfweb: , and let the planning begin!

Planning the trip gave me something to look forward to in January and February.

Then it was just time to GO!!
Five. More. Days. I am already too excited to sleep. What will I do when this vacation is over? Clean my house? Interact with my family? Oh, duh. Write the trip report. I am scared of vettechick; she doesn’t like pre-trip reports that dangle in cyberspace for eternity.

And we're off...
NEXT chapter: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=16

pooksma 04-03-2006 11:08 AM

Sweet! Lets hear more!!!! :cool1: :banana:

nicolemarie 04-03-2006 11:12 AM

Love your report - it does sound like we have a wee bit in common!! Can't wait to hear the rest! :)

1000thhappyhaunt 04-03-2006 04:48 PM

I'm in, Jami!

Mel.

MOMOFMNM 04-03-2006 07:47 PM

me too!!

lovin it!!!

horsegirl 04-03-2006 08:20 PM

oh golly, I'm in too!

Cinders Mum 04-03-2006 08:35 PM

this is looking to be another epic TR, thanks for taking the time out to post .... can we have more now please ;)