PDA

View Full Version : May 13, 2007 EARLY Roll Call… 5/13/2007 4-Night Wonder

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

scottie
01-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I know it is early…but the excitement for our next cruise is already building! Any other cruisers for 5/13/07 I look forward to hearing from you!

We are a party of 3 adults and 3 kids, and this is our 3rd 4-night Disney cruise.

scottie
06-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Anyone....Anyone??
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Fairy_Tale_Bride
08-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Roll call...HERE!!! :mickeyjum First time cruiser celebrating one-year anniversary of Walt Disney World fairy tale wedding & my birthday!! I can't wait!! :banana: Where are the rest of our fellow cruisers??

GuardMusic
08-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Hey ya! I just booked. This will be my 2nd DCL, but a first for my mom. I'm keeping it a surprise for her! The issue is whether or not I keep the reservation; it really depends on my tax return next year!!! He, he! Plus, we are going to Hawaii in Jan. I'm SO wanting to get back on DCL I hardly even care about Hawaii! I also already have a 7 night booked for Jan 2007 (but will be moving it to Jan 2008 when the dates are released).

My first DCL was the Land/Sea (3/4) Jan. 2006. We booked a cat 9, but got upgraded to a cat 6. Anyone know the chance of this happening again? My rate is on a "group discount" so I'm concerned this will be a hit against me.

Gayle

scottie
08-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Welcome Aboard! pirate:

Its great to know we have some fellow DIS cruisers joining us!! For a while I was a bit afraid we would have the whole ship to ourselves...I could just see our kids running from one end to the other with no one to bump into!! :thumbsup2

scottie
08-21-2006, 01:44 PM
What are everyone’s plans for before/after the cruise?

We plan to fly into Orlando either Friday night or Saturday morning and stay at the Ron Jon resort near port. When we arrive back to port on Thursday, we are heading to WDW for 3 nights at Saratoga Springs.

Fairy_Tale_Bride
08-21-2006, 08:16 PM
We are planning on driving down to Florida a day before the cruise and staying at WDW for one night...then, drive down to Port...then, when we get back...we're going to drive back to WDW and stay one more night...then drive back home to NC! :) That way we can enjoy a little bit of WDW as well as the cruise! :teeth:

leanne11
09-10-2006, 08:34 PM
:thumbsup2 we'll run into you on the boat, just got my ds(8)school calander and trying to move our May6 trip to May 13...Mothers day,,wouldn't that be nice....he has a half day on Friday so i'm thinking fly down and do sea world sat w/luau sat night and then drive over to port drop off rental and then daytona or the gulf after...we did Ron jons last year and ,,,well were not impressed with the beach part at all..water was nice resort nice also, hard to find good eats, we asked for beachfront so walked everyday to the pool area, scottie have ya been before? i could give some hints? :wave:
fairy tale bride, you look gorgous, i was a fairy tale bride back in 1994, when they didn't have to much,they didn't even call it disneymoon and no wedding chapel we got married at the poly{ :love: )

Fairy_Tale_Bride
09-10-2006, 11:30 PM
:thumbsup2 we'll run into you on the boat, just got my ds(8)school calander and trying to move our May6 trip to May 13...Mothers day,,wouldn't that be nice....he has a half day on Friday so i'm thinking fly down and do sea world sat w/luau sat night and then drive over to port drop off rental and then daytona or the gulf after...we did Ron jons last year and ,,,well were not impressed with the beach part at all..water was nice resort nice also, hard to find good eats, we asked for beachfront so walked everyday to the pool area, scottie have ya been before? i could give some hints? :wave:
fairy tale bride, you look gorgous, i was a fairy tale bride back in 1994, when they didn't have to much,they didn't even call it disneymoon and no wedding chapel we got married at the poly{ :love: )

Awww...thank you so much!! :goodvibes We had our Disneymoon at Poly and stayed there before the wedding! My fav resort! There were so many Disneymooners there at the same time we were! The most I have ever seen! :bride:

scottie
09-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Welcome Aboard!! :wave:

It’s great to hear someone else is trying to join our secret cruise! Or at least it sure seems like it is a secret with the low, but happy, number of DISers thus far.

I will be traveling with wife, our two daughters, son and MIL. At present, Meghan is 9, Morgan is 5, and Dylan just turned a year! Possibly the kids can hang out in the club together if you sign on to sail the high seas on the 13th.

As for Ron Jon, we did stay there last time we cruised and enjoyed it for one-day before sailing out. The kids want to go back there for a day this time too. We enjoyed eating by the pool for lunch and pizza at Kelsies(sp) for dinner, which is near the hotel. We grabbed a bite to eat in the morning at good old McDonalds before heading off to the ship.

leanne11
09-12-2006, 06:28 PM
have ya seen it? you need to get tix as soon as you check in and i don't remember the night it its held but you get to see and hold soo many animals a snake and an alligator and baby animals it's really worth the time,,and at the end he lets you touch a cougar, nice photo op..i think maybe my ds would like to play w/meghan but what do i know i'm just his mum, lots of play dates just go flat..still havn't heard from aaa yet,,we did have a pizza at the rest. and my ds loved the play area inside by the rest.

ragdoll
09-12-2006, 08:02 PM
DH and I are booked for this cruise. We are both 54 yrs. old and are DCL addicts. We leave this Sat. for the 9/16/06 Double Dip Special Western. This will be our 10th DCL cruise.

In May we will be at WDW for 5 nights before the cruise.

There is nothing better than a DCL cruise! :sunny:

Donna

Fairy_Tale_Bride
09-12-2006, 10:30 PM
DH and I are booked for this cruise. We are both 54 yrs. old and are DCL addicts. We leave this Sat. for the 9/16/06 Double Dip Special Western. This will be our 10th DCL cruise.

In May we will be at WDW for 5 nights before the cruise.

There is nothing better than a DCL cruise! :sunny:

Donna

Welcome!! :wave2: Wow..10 cruises!! Lucky you! :teeth: You must have some great tips! Have a wonderful time on your cruise! I wish we were crusing in just a few days! :)

scottie
09-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Yep...Welcome Aboard Ragdoll!! :wave:

It is nice to have someone else joining our cruise thread. Time is flying by now, and with all of the holidays around the corner it should be here in no time!! :bounce: :bounce:

scottie
09-20-2006, 11:05 AM
leanne11- Any word yet from AAA in regards to flipping your reservation to our fun filled cruise??

leanne11
09-21-2006, 12:11 PM
they switched me to cat5 room 7092, i've been looking to see if they have a full balcony, not a ver balcony and it looks like they do,,yipeeee, now i can finally make air and car ressies.. :cool1:

scottie
09-21-2006, 01:40 PM
That’s great to hear! We are happy to hear you are finally "officially" part of our cruise now!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I have been keeping my eyes peeled for drop in airfare but no such luck yet. Hopefully when SouthWest opens up to May flight bookings I can save some money.

leanne11
09-21-2006, 09:39 PM
i think they r booking for jan, now.i have 60$ credit from airtran to use this yr, but they were awfully bumpy last yr.i think the pilot JUST got his license, oh yeah did you guys get passports yet? i got the pix and filled out the app. but didn't go to the PO yet... :wave2: :wave: :yay: :rotfl: :cool1: :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Fairy_Tale_Bride
09-21-2006, 11:42 PM
I got my passport in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I decided to start early...in case of any problems. I was surprised that it was such an easy process, but more expensive than I thought it would be. All that extra money you have to budget when planning a cruise! :cool1:

scottie
09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Oh boy, I hate to even think about having to get 5 passports!! I think we will apply in late Oct or November. What is the going price for passport photos?

I am waiting patiently for a good airfare to show up for us. We always fly Delta out of Columbus, but may flip to SouthWest if we can secure a cheap fare when they release the May dates. Still debating if we are going to fly in late Friday or early Saturday. :confused3

leanne11- Did you need some assistance locating Navigators online so you can get and idea of the great activities and times for the kids stuff? Usually a couple of weeks before we cruise I print off current navigators and go over them with the kids...helps them to get excited and plan a bit of what they may like to do. :banana:

Fairy_Tale_Bride
09-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Oh boy, I hate to even think about having to get 5 passports!! I think we will apply in late Oct or November. What is the going price for passport photos?

I am waiting patiently for a good airfare to show up for us. We always fly Delta out of Columbus, but may flip to SouthWest if we can secure a cheap fare when they release the May dates. Still debating if we are going to fly in late Friday or early Saturday. :confused3

leanne11- Did you need some assistance locating Navigators online so you can get and idea of the great activities and times for the kids stuff? Usually a couple of weeks before we cruise I print off current navigators and go over them with the kids...helps them to get excited and plan a bit of what they may like to do. :banana:

Wow...5 passports! That's going to be pricey! We're lucky because my DH already has his passport, so we just had to get one. I was lucky that the day I went to the post office that it was a slow day because there wasn't anyone else there to get a passport, but as soon as I went into the room to get my photo...a family of 4 showed up and then another couple. So, I was lucky I didn't have to wait. It was over $100 for the passport and photo. I think it came somewhere close to $130. I can't remember the exact price now. It wasn't too long ago and I've already forgotten! I was lucky though...my passport photo is good...haha! :teeth:

I would fly in Friday. That's just my opinion and how I am. I would be nervous about being delayed, being rushed, or missing the ship. I'm always really early and ahead of time, so I wouldn't want to risk it. Plus, you have a good size group, so you want to make sure everyone is together and not feel stressed. :thumbsup2

scottie
09-28-2006, 08:08 AM
We do tend to fly on a late flight a day or two before we start a cruise or Walt Disney trip. But with work and a little one, we may opt for the 7AM flight instead on Saturday. We gave it a try in June and it worked out pretty well. Oh heck, whatever has the lower price will win my vote!!

leanne11
09-29-2006, 06:27 PM
we just got our passports on Wed..we have aaa card and booked thru them but they didn't care and charged us $23 for 6 photo's(double of us 3) and then they gave me a list, to register and i couldn't believe our local post office wanted me to take my son out of school between 9 and 10am for this..so i had to drive about 20 min, on my ds day off from school and we found a po that takes appointments so we didn't have to wait, i printed out the applications and filled them out and didn't sign them un til we were there, cost about $65. for the state dept. and then $30 per person for the po.
ds,was $55 and $30, so about $300 :furious: very pricey :confused3
scottie i wouldn't wait to long, disney needs the passport number 90 days before and they told me there is a 2/3 month delay at the state dept. since it is now necessary.
yes, i looked at the nav. boy that's alot of stuff to do.....can't wait...

scottie
09-30-2006, 03:27 PM
I will have to check around at a few post offices here to see what they have to say about appointments or just stopping in, especially with the kids!
Was there an additional fee for mailing the docs or receiving them back?

I just read last night that it looks like the House may pass the bill to delay the passport requirements to around 2009. I am going to keep my eye on this development over the next couple of weeks. If I can get away with not forking out the $500 or so I will be happy!

leanne11
10-03-2006, 09:23 PM
ihope i heard right for you, me on the other hand out $300

scottie
10-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I think the president just needs to sign the law so we will see what goes on when everyone gets back to congress after the elections. Until it is finalized I am just going to go with the assumption we will need to get them. There is also talk about a new ID card about the size of a drivers license that would cost about 60 instead of 100 for the passport.

scottie
10-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Did anyone see the pics on the main board that show the Wonder in dry dock? Some pretty neat photos and informative info from one of the posters about how/what goes on. I am excited to read of the changes that will be done while in dry dock...just for our May sailing :thumbsup2

leanne11
10-04-2006, 12:23 PM
i had a note earlier this yr about the poolside/big screen tv, and the other changes, sounds great...

scottie
10-08-2006, 08:52 PM
Not sure if anyone else saw the post yet about the Family of the Day... How exciting! Hopefully one of us from this thread can earn such an honor top be selected. I love the Year of a Million Dreams!

leanne11
10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
very exciting......

scottie
10-11-2006, 08:20 PM
That was a quick turn around for the passports!

mom x4,grandma x4
10-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Howdy everyone,
I am not coming along with you, I am going on the wonder on 4/5, but I am trying to get the word out to all Wonder cruisers to check out a thread on the main forum called,
BAD CHANGES IN THE ENTERTAINMENT ON THE WONDER

This will affect all of us, unless we do something about it.

In that thread around the 10th post there are 2 letters from DCL confirming that starting tomarrow there will be NO live band on the Wonder.
Basically this means:

NO live music at the sail away party
NO live music at Wave bands club during the week.

It will all be DJ and recorded music all the time.
Personally that upsets me, if I wanted to sit around and listen to CD's and a DJ I could do that at home. We love the live bands, they add so much to the cruise experience for everyone.

If you agree, please write to DCL and tell them how you feel.

dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

If this makes no difference to you that is fine too, I just wanted to pass the word to everyone I can before they cruise.
DCL does listen to their guests, so if we all write and let them know how we feel, we can get this changed!!!

Thanks for reading my letter, please check out the forum post!

again I am sorry to be a thread crasher,

I wish all of you a magical cruise,
mom x4,grandma x4

scottie
10-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Well I may not have to invest in passports this time around after all. The govt passport site now advises Jan 2008 as the earliest date they expect to meet the guidelines. That is about a year earlier then the DCL site currently advises but still good for us none the less.

This cold weather we are having in Ohio right now sure has me looking forward to May!!

leanne11
10-14-2006, 09:32 PM
you will need it to fly, from bahamas in case of an emergency, the website says, you don't need it for sea but for land i think they are still recommending it:)IMPORTANT: For U.S. Citizens, if you are cruising to the Bahamas and/or Mexico, you are required to have a passport from 6/1/09 and beyond. However, if you are flying to/from these destinations, you are required to have a passport from 1/8/07 and beyond. Please consider that should you have an emergency while in a foreign port which requires you to fly back to the States, a passport will be invaluable.

scottie
10-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Good point on the emergency! If we dont end up getting them I guess we better take up advanced swimming lessons or pack a raft to avoid the air! ;)

GuardMusic
10-16-2006, 04:21 PM
Hey all. Sorry to say I'm leaving your group. A conflict has come up at work and I've had to push my date back to May 20. Bummer that it's no longer Mother's Day; plus it cost me an extra $80 :(

Gayle

leanne11
10-17-2006, 06:26 PM
if it was up to me i'd have saved $300, but we have them now so, now i'm trying to get my new updated aaa doc's, they said they changed the new dates and i havn't received anything yet, also i want to have my trip ins doc's in my hand in case something happens.
i checked on the dis web site and they said they changed the date, so i feel ok but almost 2 months is crazy wait...

sorry we lost ya guardmusic..we don't have too many to spare.. :wave2:

scottie
10-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Hopefully AAA will come thru for you soon! We may end up getting passports for us adults and hold off on the kids.

leanne11
10-21-2006, 06:57 PM
:confused3
because the kids only last 5 yrs anyway, i have a question for you, i got my new doc's and there is a difference in my ds8 yr old's price, isn't the child's price always the same nomatter what departure date? so exactly how much are you paying for your 9 yr old?

scottie
10-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I will be honest, I dont have a clue what we are paying per kid. I am checking with Dreams to see what we were charged and I will let you know.

Fairy_Tale_Bride
10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone! :wave2: I've been out of the loop for a little over a week. I actually just got back from WDW! My Mom & I went on a quick trip to go to MNSSHP! We had a great time! :teeth: My Mom & I dressed up as pirates and it got me very excited about pirate night on the cruise! I can't wait! Arrrr! pirate:

scottie
10-24-2006, 08:26 AM
We are happy to have you back from WDW!! Hope you had a magical time!!

Ok, got the cruise pricing info for the kids... Morgan who will be 6 at sailing is $482.95 and Dylan who will be 1.5 at sailing is $167.95. Meghan, who will be 10 at sailing, is listed under an adult price because we have two rooms. However, I think the she would have also been the same price as Morgan, if we had another adult.

leanne11
10-24-2006, 06:55 PM
i'm gonna ask on the cruise line forum,see what some experts say..thanks, though,
i was going to bring my d/neice 12 but wow the thought of paying for an adult, just kills me,
fairy tale bride, we missed ya, just talking umungst(?) ourselves, i read a post from you saying you were moving to orlando,lucky you :thumbsup2

scottie
10-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Right, it was not fun to have to pay an adult price for Meghan, but that is what we get for wanting two rooms. So the rate for your son was higher then the rate for Morgan that I listed? I was thinking kids ran the same price, other then for infants.

scottie
11-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. We have decided to add an additional day to our stay in WDW after the cruise!

scottie
11-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving! :wave2:

deb123453
12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
hi just booked our cruise,its for me and my 7 year old daughter. staying at disney pop century first for 6 nights. can't wait to go.this is our 3rd time at disney world but first for a cruise.

scottie
12-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Welcome aboard our Mother's Day cruise thread Deb123453!! You should REALLY enjoy the cruise! Cant beat a trip to DisneyWorld and the Disney Cruise combined :thumbsup2
My younger daughter will be 6 when cruising, so she will likely be in the club with your daughter.

deb123453
12-07-2006, 08:20 PM
are there any other single parents on this trip,from everything i have read it doesn't seem like my daughter will be wanting to spend much time with me

scottie
12-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Not sure on the single parent question, but you are likely right on your daughter getting hooked on the clubs! Feel free to join us for dinner each night if you like :wave2:

mark_canada
12-08-2006, 05:49 PM
We just confirmed our 3 day land 4 day sea with the cruise starting on May 13th 2007.

We are staying at the Beach Club on land and in Cat 4 on the ship. I hope we made the right selection.

There is myself, my wife, and our two daughters who will be 6 and 4 1/2 at the time of the trip.

This is our first big trip as a family, and none of us have ever been on a cruise. I've been to Disney World once in 1976 and once in 1991 but otherwise a first trip to the park for all.

Booking the trip seemed so difficult because of all the choices and combinations. I spent more time researching this trip than buying a car. Sometimes I think there is point where there is too much choice!!

I love reading everyone's tips, and I hope also discovering some tricks and tips yourself is part of the fun.

mark

ragdoll
12-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone and welcome newbies. Sorry that I haven't posted since the first page. Now that I have booked air I am more excited and will try to post more often. I got a great deal through Continental. That leaves more money to spend at WDW. We want to try a couple of restaurants that we haven't been to. We usually just eat in food courts or try one new restaurant per trip. I always have to go to Primtime 50's Cafe though. That's the era I grew up in and I love the nostalgia.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Donna

scottie
12-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Welcome Aboard Mark Canada, we are happy to have you join us! :wave:

We stayed in a cat 4 the last two cruises, and LOVED the room. With the addition of another kiddie this time around, we opted for 2 cat 6 rooms instead. You are correct on the planning time involved with reading all things Disney Cruise! We are on our third Disney Cruise and I still found myself spending way too much time deciding on the date, room etc. etc.

scottie
12-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Ragdoll, nice to have you back! I wish I could say that we have our airfare booked already. I am just waiting to stumble upon a nice fare. Prices right now are higher then we have ever paid into MCO, so I am holding out.

We opted to add the Dining Plan to our WDW part of the trip this time around, so I booked us in at a few restaurants that we have not tried before. It was an adventure in itself to pick four places everyone would enjoy, and would fit a large party the time we wanted. This will be our first time to utilize the dining plan. We may just explode by the end of the trip, after all the food on the cruise and Disney World!!

leanne11
12-10-2006, 08:54 AM
:sad2: my husband was in a car accident and while he is ok now, the bills are piling up, so believe me i hated to do it, everyone cried when i told them but we needed to be realistic, that right now is not the time to go, even though when we were at the hospital the thought of the cruise was all we were thinking about..it was nice to hold on to and talk about.. but now, we are so sad,, but we don't say never, we will try to book as soon as we can, with the broken jaw the skull fracture, the bleeding on the brain and the bruising we have to just be happy with the blessing of him still being here and be satisfied with that...especially this time of the year.. pls. hug everyone for me and realize things could change in a second and finally have a GREAT time :wave:

scottie
12-10-2006, 09:11 PM
leanne11- I am so happy to hear that your husband is ok. As you said, it is better to put the cruise on hold for the time being and get back on your feet. Disney will always be waiting for you. Your husband and family will be in our prayers.

Skyw
12-20-2006, 08:17 AM
HEllo everyone,
I am excited that there is a thread for our cruise!!!!!! My cast members will be Me (40), Grandma (63ish), and my DS3. We are very excited and have been planning since we made reservations.

Fairy_Tale_Bride
12-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi all!! :wave2:
I haven't been on here in awhile! I hope everyone is doing well and welcome to the new cruisers! :welcome: Everyone ready for the holidays!? I've still got so much to do! Just 5 days left until Christmas!!! :banana: :banana:
Happy Holidays Everyone!!

ragdoll
12-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! Can't wait for this trip, especially after watching the WDW parade.

Have a great day everyone!

Donna

scottie
12-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Welcome Skyw, we are delighted to have you aboard for our mothers day voyage!

mickey4
01-04-2007, 09:42 AM
I just found this one. My family will be there with bells on. I am traveling with my husband, and two boys. Spencer 3 and Zachary 5. It will be our 1st cruise. We can not wait. We are also doing 4 days at Disney world. And yes we are counting the days.

mickey4
01-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I should have told you all. We did get our 4 passports months ago. And we are arrving at Disney on May 9th. Can not wait. My sons have a paper chain counting down the days. They can not wait. We have had medical issues with both. But both are health and released from Doctors so we said lets paty on Disney. (my youngest son almost lost his life from the flu and kidney failure from the flu). So we can not wait. We are in room 2034 and hoping for a upgrade. We booked it 18 months out so they say it might happen if our Cat. sells out. We were one of the 1st to book. Can not wait to set sell for the ist time. Any tips you can gives us would be great.

Fairy Tale Bride:

My husband asked me to marry him in Disney..It is a great place to start that new life. And you look great.

By the way to all we will be in Disney the day he popped the question we always go back the same time of year and most of the time the same week.

scottie
01-04-2007, 09:11 PM
pirate: Welcome Aboard mickey4!!:yay:

I think we may have been right behind you in line when booking early, we just couldnt wait to have a room number!
We have sailed a couple of times with our kids, so I would be delighted to try to help any questions you may have. My youngest daughter is also 5 now, 6 when cruising...maybe she will get to know Zachary in the club.

I also proposed to my wife in WDW, couldnt ask for a better setting!:love:

mickey4
01-04-2007, 09:34 PM
pirate: Welcome Aboard mickey4!!:yay:

I think we may have been right behind you in line when booking early, we just couldnt wait to have a room number!
We have sailed a couple of times with our kids, so I would be delighted to try to help any questions you may have. My youngest daughter is also 5 now, 6 when cruising...maybe she will get to know Zachary in the club.

I also proposed to my wife in WDW, couldnt ask for a better setting!:love:

Yes it would be great to have a little help. We have done Disney world several times and just wanted to try something new. My husband is worried he will not have fun and is hoping he can still see his nascar race on the ship. :happytv: I am hoping the other way. Zachary will be 5 1/2 when we sail and the boys can not wait. We have a paper chain counting down the days. They are so happy every night when they remove one link. :woohoo:
I hope more people from our trip find out about this site and post. It would be great fun to know some people before hand. I will keep posting on our plans and hope to see you on again and meet others too. pirate:

mickey4
01-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Have any of taken DCL this time of year. How are the waters. I was just worried about the ship rocking at night and he will be 3 but does not stay in bed he will fall out. Can they provid a bed rail for the couch bed or should I just cross my fingers and say since he will be very tired he will not move around alot. I know we have 124 days and maybe he will grow out of this by then but just making a game plan.

arianne
01-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I know it is early…but the excitement for our next cruise is already building! Any other cruisers for 5/13/07 I look forward to hearing from you!

We are a party of 3 adults and 3 kids, and this is our 3rd 4-night Disney cruise.

We are from the Netherlands and just have booked our first 4 night disney cruise for may 13 pirate:

We are a party of 2 adults en 1 child ( 7 years).
We fligh to the states on may 5 and staying for 8 nights on WDW Popcentury after the cruise 1 night pop century and on may 18 we are flighing home.

See you on board. :cool2:

deb123453
01-07-2007, 01:39 PM
me and my 7 year old are staying at the pop as well for 6 nights before the cruise maybe we will see you there

arianne
01-07-2007, 02:57 PM
me and my 7 year old are staying at the pop as well for 6 nights before the cruise maybe we will see you there

Yes I saw that. We already aranged the transfer to the cruise. But it was not possible from pop century. So we drop off the rental car at swan and dolphin and we will be picked up there. pirate:

See you.

mickey4
01-07-2007, 07:35 PM
We too will be staying at WDW we get in on the 9th and return our rental car to the swan as well the night before. We will then take the bus back to the hotel to meet the bus the next moring. We are staying at the caribbean resort.

scottie
01-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Mickey4- My wife and I are huge fans of Disney World and were reluctant to set sail, thinking we may not enjoy a cruise. Surprise…we are now headed on our third Disney 4-night cruise! I think we may actually enjoy the cruises more then our kids! We sailed our first cruise in mid-May and found the weather and seas to be very nice. I don’t think you will need to worry about your son rolling out of the bed due to the ships movement. We only felt movement one evening while in the theater during our second cruise in September.

mickey4
01-07-2007, 10:28 PM
scottie
I am so glad that you to were worried. My husband thinks it might not be as great as I think. I can not wait. I think it will be a blast. that is great about Spencer falling out of bed now I just hve to hope he does not roll out on his own.:rotfl2:

mickey4
01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I got Disney Cruise Mail Today. It is a packet for planning called the Travel Kit. I was so happy to see it. I was bouncing off the walls. It says Feb 27th we will all be online tring to get our plans in. I will read it atleast 50 times before then. Yeah....We are getting closer.
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

scottie
01-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Got the same mailer! I believe if you are paid in full- you can start booking more things online around 2/12. With our cold weather here for a few days...I am ready to cruise!

mickey4
01-11-2007, 10:37 PM
We are paid in full but the letter says we can not book until the 27th unless you have sailed with DCL before and belong to castaway club. So I will have to wait.

I do not think our ship is going to be to packed with the number of people on here. I can not wait. I know we are all counting the days but boy our my boys asking me everyday if today it the day. My mom always says good things come to those who wait. I guess she is right. :rolleyes1

mickey4
01-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Just wanted to tell you how my boys are bouncing off the walls. We started a program here where they can earn Disney dollars by doing everything on their job list everyday and it is working. I only have to say things once and tell them don't forget you are getting paid to do it. They go running to do it. It is wonderful. They get 4.00 a week Which means they can earn more than 60.00 they last week they are going to get something instead of money.::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo :goofy: :goofy: :donald: :donald: pluto: ::MinnieMo

scottie
01-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Both of our girls birthdays are in March, and they have already listed Disney Dollars on the top of their B-day lists. I think they are a kids best friend :)

mickey4
01-18-2007, 08:10 AM
We are having some stress in this house. Lets just say my husband is in the building bussinessand it is just slow. But everyday I come here and other boards and to DCL.com and that just lets my worries go for a little while. I should say so far so good we are still working.

Mickeynutz
01-20-2007, 02:18 PM
We are a family of 4 from Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota and are huge Disney World fans!! We go to WDW about once a year. This will be our second 4-day Disney Cruise.

Kelton (Dad), Judy (Mom), Clarissa (DD age 13, 7th grade) and Blake (DS within a month of his 8th birthday at sailing time, 2nd grade)

We are traveling with another family that are first-time cruisers:

Dean(Dad) Tami (Mom) Riley (DS age 10, 5th grade) Olivia (DD age 7, 2nd grade)

We are booked in staterooms 7000 and 7002. We're got the cruise, airfare, Disney passes, rental car, motels room for 3 extra nights near WDW post-cruise all booked. We having been buying EVERYTHING with our Disney Visa to build up our Disney Reward dollars. SO....we're set! Need to plan what we want to do in Nassau and make a Palo's reservation but that's about it.

We picked this cruise date so that we could go to MGM for Star Wars weekend after the cruise. And...it is usually a great time of year weather-wise and crowd-wise at the Disney parks.

***CLARISSA is looking to meet another 13 or 14 year old girl going on the Disney Wonder May 13-17 ....they will be new to going to the "teen" area/activites. Just email us!

Judy

mickey4
01-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Mickeynutz welcome to our fun ship Disney Style. I was wondering will we see more people join our little group here online as it gets closer.

scottie
01-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Yes, Welcome Aboard Mickeynutz!!

Well we decided to book in at the Radisson for the day before our cruise instead of the Ron Jon this cruise. The price was about 100 less at Radisson so the wife and MIL will have a bit $ more to spend in the spa! ;)

Skyw
01-24-2007, 02:59 PM
HI everyone
I haven't been on this thread for a while....We went to Fort Wilderness two weeks ago, I was on those boards instead.

Mickey4...I have a 3 year old son too. Luke will be 3 years and 7 months by the time of the cruise.

SO where is everyone staying and how are they getting to port? I am coming down a day early and did not buy Disney transportation. It will be just me and Luke until I met my mom at the hotel. I am just wondering what the best way to get to the port would be and where we should stay.

Skyw

scottie
01-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Welcome Back Skyw!!

Our current plans are Arrive in Orlando via air on Saturday. Mom in law will pick us up at the airport and we will head to Cape Canaveral where we will spend the day/night at the Radisson. After the cruise we are heading to WDW for a few nights at Saratoga Springs. My parents are going to fly down and meet us for that leg of the vacation.

We are just waiting to book tickets to see what SWA fares end up being when announced and if those will lower the current Delta fares

mickey4
01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
SkyW....Spencer will be 3 this next month. He is having a Mickey Party. We are staying on Disney Property. We are getting in on May 9th for 4 days at Disney. We can not wait. We are taking Disney Transport to port. Is it just me or are these Last 100 days going to go by with some speed. I am just looking forward to booking the extras next month. And looking for more Disney Mail. Maybe Spencer will run into Luke in the clubs. I am hoping my boys will want to spend sometime in the clubs. What I should say is not all of it but a couple of hours a day would be nice.

Hey is it just me or are we all going to be counting the days in a couple of months.

mickey4
01-24-2007, 03:48 PM
SKYW....
Go Colts or should I be cheering for the Bears. God is this a hard choice to make.

scottie
01-24-2007, 04:08 PM
On our first Disney cruise, we we not real sure if our kids would enjoy the clubs but to our surprise they fell in love with the clubs and they spent more then a couple hours a day with the other kids. They also really enjoyed spending some time in the club area at Castaway Cay last trip. We have found that dinner each night has been kid-less for us, other then when we travel with an "underage" one.

deb123453
01-25-2007, 02:14 PM
paying off the balance of the trip today, that makes it seem much more real that we are going on a cruise yeah!!!!

scottie
01-25-2007, 03:15 PM
deb123453- Feel free to pay off the remainder of our balance too :)

The MIL said she would finish off the balance as a xmas gift to us but has been so busy with work that she hasnt got around to it. I am keeping my fingers crossed it happens before the deadline!

mickey4
01-25-2007, 03:54 PM
paying off the balance of the trip today, that makes it seem much more real that we are going on a cruise yeah!!!!

I know how that feels. When we paid ours off months ago we did the happy dance when it showed paid in full.

deb123453
01-25-2007, 06:12 PM
tell you what if i am ever lucky enough to win the lottery i will pay off everyones that is on our thread,(i wouldn't count on it though i am not that lucky of a person) i just had to wait for my income tax money to pay mine off

ragdoll
01-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Hi everyone! Just making sure that you all know that I am still here. I want to be around when Deb wins the lottery!:rotfl: Here is some pixie dust for you Deb... pixiedust:

mickey4
01-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Deb
I in with you on that one. I am sending you my luck right now.pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Hey everyone I am starting fo bounce off the wall for our Wonder Trip. So I am taking this extra bounce to clean (I mean really clean) my house. I guess that is a good thing. Hey maybe it will help me lose a few lbs so I can eat that much more.

scottie
01-26-2007, 04:01 PM
Speaking of eating...I was just discussing with a coworker how best I should prepare for all the food between our cruise and WDW trip. Normally I can handle all to eat from the cruise but we have added the Dining plan to our WDW stay so we will enjoy great food for the 4 nights there too!

mickey4
01-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I know I am so looking forward to the food. We did not get the dinning plan at WDW they said we could not book it because we booked WDW with our DCL. We still call and ask from time to time. Hoping that this changes before we go. I would love to have that for our 1st four days.

deb123453
01-28-2007, 05:31 PM
yeah that was one of the reasons i booked the land and sea apart, plus we are staying at a value resort so we get to stay 6 nights plus the dining and it ended up being cheaper.

scottie
01-28-2007, 07:33 PM
We have our WDW part of the trip booked via DVC, and the ability to add the dining plan is one our their new perks:banana:

After reading more about SWA this weekend, it looks like maybe flights for mid-May will open up around Feb 8th. I guess I will just keep on checking every day at work in case it is earlier.

scottie
01-28-2007, 07:34 PM
When I confirmed our room for the Radisson at the port today I was excited to learn they have sleep number beds in the room. I always wanted to try one of those beds out for a night!

mickey4
01-28-2007, 10:10 PM
I can tell you we learned alot about planning a Disney trip with this one. This is our 1st one with kids. Wow you have lot more to think about.

Scottie
You will have to let me know what you think about that bed I have always wanted to try one too.

scottie
01-29-2007, 02:48 PM
If the bed is as comfortable as they say... I may miss boarding the ship on time!

mickey4
01-29-2007, 02:53 PM
scottie
Will you need a very loud wake up call. I can send my kids in to hum p up and down on that bed.

scottie
01-30-2007, 09:59 AM
We are keeping fingers crossed a Florida Resident rate opens for our cruise date. That will allow us to get a discounted rate on one of the rooms we have since MIL lives in FL.

mickey4
01-30-2007, 10:28 AM
I love those rates. My sister's father in law works for Disney and lives in Disney world. So he get free tickets to the park. They are heading down to FL for a birthday gift for their son. He wanted see Grandpa so they are leaving Feb 8th. He also gets deals on hotels. I wish I would have had that information before we booked our WDW part of our trip.

ragdoll
01-30-2007, 01:41 PM
DH and I have a Sleep Number Bed. DH loves it. I hate it. I would never have gotten one if I got to sleep on one first. Now those Heavenly beds in the Swan and Dolphin...absolutely heavenly! We were only there for about six hours one night when we had to come in early from a DCL cruise due to a hurricane and DCL put us up there. Best six hours of sleep that I ever had! I want to stay there sometime in the future just for those beds. I would probably never make it to the parks.

scottie
01-31-2007, 07:34 PM
I completely forgot about the staggered seating for the dinners now. I will need to figure out what one of the late seatings we may want to do and request that. I think the show we would attend for the late seating would be at 6:15. Just cant recall how long they run...is it an hour? If so, maybe I will request the 8:15 or 8:30 dinner.

mickey4
01-31-2007, 07:55 PM
I completely forgot about the staggered seating for the dinners now. I will need to figure out what one of the late seatings we may want to do and request that. I think the show we would attend for the late seating would be at 6:15. Just cant recall how long they run...is it an hour? If so, maybe I will request the 8:15 or 8:30 dinner.

Staggered seating have not heard about this one please explaine to me. We did chose the early Dinner time just because of Spencer. He can not have milk ok or much of anything after 7:30 when going to be at 8:30. We just really got potty trained and still worry at night. Even though I am sure he will be up late. So please help me understand what choice I will have if any.

Skyw
01-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone,
Son was sick so I wasn't able to post like I wanted these past days!!

I tried the sleep member bed!!! Found out my husband and I were both the same number. We bought a memory foam after we figured that out. I am in the military so any bed is better then a cot or the ground!!!!!

GO COLTS!!!!

With our final payment complete....I started to some planning. Wow we get to sign up for excursions and palo's soon. (I am not a CC member so not soon enough)

What are everyones plans for Nassau? I think we are going to stay on the ship and enjoy it!!!!

ragdoll
01-31-2007, 08:11 PM
We will probably go to Atlantis and "donate" a bit of money to the casino.:rotfl: The hotel and grounds are so pretty. I really enjoy walking around the parts you have access to. It is so much nicer over there than in the port area.

Donna

Oh, by the way, I booked DH and I on the WB Repo. I am super excited!:woohoo:

mickey4
01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone,
Son was sick so I wasn't able to post like I wanted these past days!!

I tried the sleep member bed!!! Found out my husband and I were both the same number. We bought a memory foam after we figured that out. I am in the military so any bed is better then a cot or the ground!!!!!

GO COLTS!!!!

With our final payment complete....I started to some planning. Wow we get to sign up for excursions and palo's soon. (I am not a CC member so not soon enough)

What are everyones plans for Nassau? I think we are going to stay on the ship and enjoy it!!!!

We too are talking about staying on the boat. We are going to do some walking off the ship but for the most part we will be on board. There is a Pirate thing not far from the ship and my boys love pirates right now so we might walk over there then come back. I have to look and see if I can find any reviews on it.

Skyw
02-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Let me know what you find out about the pirate thing. It would be easy to get to and then come back and go to the pool.

I really want to check Atlantis out but with a 3 year old......it doesn't sound that fun. Plus he will see the slides and pools and wonder why he can't go on them.

scottie
02-01-2007, 11:17 AM
As for the dinners, I have been able to gather the following info:
Late seating times are 8:00, 8:15 and 8:30.
Early seating times are 5:30, 5:45 and 6:00.

On our two prior cruises they did not offer this option... the late people simply all ate at one time and the early another time. If you eat late then you do the show before eating and vise versa for an early dinner seating, if I recall correctly.

scottie
02-01-2007, 11:49 AM
On our first cruise, we all got off at Nassau and did a short visit to Atlantis to check it out and then took a tour around Nassau in a Van. We got out at a few different places along the tour to check out the local sites. It was not a “Disney Approved” tour but cheaper and still good.

The second cruise and for this upcoming one we will be on the ship. One time around Nassau was enough for me! I imagine the DW may get off for a few mins to buy some cheap souvenir shirts near the ship but that’s about it!

mickey4
02-01-2007, 01:59 PM
We are thinking that because of our kids age's we would be better staying on the ship maybe a short walk off but not for too long. We are doing WDW 1st and just really want to be able to kick up our feet and chill with a drink.

Thanks for the help on the dinning thing. I am hoping we will get more information as it get closer, but I know they say you do not get your paper work until like 26 days out but I love disney mail.

scottie
02-01-2007, 07:47 PM
For the dinner seating, you wont actually find out until you get to your room as to what time you will be eating exactly.

mickey4
02-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I just lookes and saw that we are 96 days from our Disney Trip. We also got my husband's Vacation time at work turned in and got the ok. So that is one less thing. We are getting our plans in order now. With transport to the airport I do not want to think about the way home yet but I guess I have too.

scottie
02-03-2007, 01:29 PM
The countdown calendar cant move fast enough...we are looking at the next few days with temps. around -10 factoring in the windchill. Come on May!!

I will feel much better if SWA actually announces their flights next Thursday. The prices better be decent for the long wait to release the info!

I have been checking prices on park tickets recently and think we may go with an 8 or 10 day no expiration park hopper. Found a decent deal from ticket supplier.

mickey4
02-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I know how you feel about the count down. My boys keep asking but I think I am bouncing off the walls more than they are.
We booked our transport from the house to airport today one less thing to deal with. We only have to go one way due to the time our flight comes in we can have my parents pick us up. I can not wait. And yes the weather here in chicago is well col -9 today. I want wam weather. Boy do we live in the wrong state for that. I just looked and today we are 95 days from our flight. I did also make plans for the kids I watch everyday (my sisters kids) they are going to spend after school with Great Grandma. Things are falling into place.

******GO COLTS******

deb123453
02-03-2007, 08:45 PM
i know how everyone feels we are minus 13 with wind chill at minus 21. May can not come soon enough.

scottie
02-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Is anyone thinking about making pillowcases for the characters to sign? I made them for our kids the last two cruises and they loved the souvenir.

mickey4
02-04-2007, 12:19 PM
We are doing photo mates. That way we can use them around photos in the boys rooms and think they will last longer. We are also doing one for a family photo. Think it would be a nice touch.

scottie
02-04-2007, 12:30 PM
good idea on the mattes, maybe I will throw one of those into the mix too!

mickey4
02-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Ok everyone it is -1 here today and it snowed all day yesterday.:sick: I am so ready for May. So I did what anyone would do went shopping for shorts for the kids. They do not need much I just need to go sandal shopping. I must say my boys think we should start packing I told them not for a few more weeks. I am hoping to hold them off on that one until April. But boy are they ready. I must say I am just as ready but I know I have to wait how do I tell a 3 year old that. Well I told them they could not pack until we finish shopping. So I think that will work. Since they love shopping for Disney.

One thing I have not said here is

******COLTS WIN ********COLTS WIN *******COLTS WIN*****:cheer2:

scottie
02-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Finally...I was able to secure a pretty sweet deal on airline tickets!!

Got Columbus to Orlando for May 12-21 @ 166 with tax per ticket. About $130 less then flying Delta per ticket so I am happy!! We will have a 2.5 hr layover in Nashville on the way home but I think we will survive

mickey4
02-08-2007, 06:47 PM
That is a great deal. We are 184.00 a ticket per person. With no lay overs. With young kids we did not want any lay overs. I know we are all getting to the point where we are ready for May. Here it can not come fast enough.

scottie
02-08-2007, 07:39 PM
We do typically fly direct but with Delta being over 300 a ticket this time and the SWA flight back for direct forcing us to leave at either 850am or 2pm from Orlando we decided to suffer with a layovers so we could have a couple of extra hours at Disney.
It will be dinner time when we land in Nashville so I figure we can burn the time eating or something. This will be Dylans 3rd flight and about the 8th or so for the girls so I am keeping my fingers crossed all will work out with the layover!:scratchin

To my surprise, I just checked the SWA site and the same tickets I got for 166 with tax are over 300 each now WOW!

I just got finished watching the Disney Cruise DVD with the kids. The wife is off to Walmart to pick up some cold/cough medicine for Meghan.

mickey4
02-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Yes I would say that is alot of money to save. I know what you say about the cost of tickets. We are using American and we paid 860.00 for the four of us. I checked the other day it was 1200.00 and then this week 840.00. It is nuts. I look at it I am in the middle. And sure enough I am ready to hit the friendly sky's. This will be our 1st trip since 9/11 never had to deal with this new security before. This will be fun.

scottie
02-09-2007, 02:24 PM
You should be ok, even with kiddies to get thru to the gate without to much of an inconvenience with security checks etc. Just plan on removing your shoes!

I just looked at possibly lowering our rooms from cat 6 to 8, only about a 150.00 savings total for the two rooms so we are going to stick with cat 6

scottie
02-11-2007, 02:14 PM
If my calculations are right...today is exactly 90 days from the day we set sail on the high seas!?!:drive:

kenneyjo
02-11-2007, 03:02 PM
It is 90 days out but for some reason despite the fact that we are "castaway club members" (which means we have sailed at least once before) we still can't book our shore excursions or Palo dinner. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to book.

Oh yeah, we are sailing with you all as well. I have been lurking by reading the posts since Scottie started this thread.

It will be me, 26, my Disney Bride 25 (getting married on 8 May 2007 at Disney's Boardwalk), my bride's sister 21 and her boyfriend 23.

We are quite excited and only talk about the trip everytime we meet.

mickey4
02-11-2007, 04:05 PM
It is 90 days out but for some reason despite the fact that we are "castaway club members" (which means we have sailed at least once before) we still can't book our shore excursions or Palo dinner. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to book.

Oh yeah, we are sailing with you all as well. I have been lurking by reading the posts since Scottie started this thread.

It will be me, 26, my Disney Bride 25 (getting married on 8 May 2007 at Disney's Boardwalk), my bride's sister 21 and her boyfriend 23.

We are quite excited and only talk about the trip everytime we meet.

Well that is great.:thumbsup2 We will be at Disney then too. I know 90 days. I bet your bride is getting beyond ready.:lovestruc Well that is just wonderful.

And as far as talking about the trip that is all we do in this house. My boy's keep asking if we go this week. Hugh.....Are we going to make it. :dance3:

But hey we mail are taxes off so come on spending money.:banana:

scottie
02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Its great to have you abaord Kenneyjo!:thumbsup2

I cant imagine how busy you must be getting ready for a wedding and trip!

scottie
02-13-2007, 02:54 PM
For those of you going to WDW before or after sailing...I found this info about updates to the bus service, in case you didnt run across the article yet

"News - Big changes coming to the Disney bus fleet. The buses are being outfitted with GPS units which will become operational in April, 2007. The buses will have automatic Guest counters to track ridership. The bus marquee will automatically update indicating where its traveling to. Remote cameras will be installed to monitor the busier loading zones in order to better respond to Guest demand.

The biggest change will be the addition of background music with "automated spiels" to keep the guests entertained and informed during the trip."

mickey4
02-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Help.....I am under snow and need DCL to come save me. Yes we go buried today and am not looking forward to the clean up in the moring.

Scottie.....
Great info on the bus service. We rented a car for the couple of days we are there. We did rent on Disney so the bus is picking us up at the airport.

I also wanted you all to know I just priced my trip and it went up over 1,000.00 dollars. I feel like I dea for right now anyway.

I am sending you all some snow ********************.

scottie
02-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Got the wintery mess here too! About 12 inches of snow and freezing rain by tomorrow morning. We have about 7 inches so far. I lucked out and got out of work at 1pm today due to weather! This kids school district are already listed as being closed again tomorrow. That is the last of their 5 "free" days for weather.

I checked our pricing tonight also, about 500.00 more then we booked at. That does make it feel a little better...but not as good as your 1000 ;)

We always have a car while at Disney but find ourselves using the bus service 100% of the time. :confused3 I was happy to see those enhancements will begin before we arrive!

ragdoll
02-14-2007, 09:06 AM
We are so snowed in! Call me crazy but I LOVE the snow! We've gotten at least fifteen inches since yesterday. It is beautiful!

We always use the busses at WDW and find them very efficient and convenient. Sounds like the bus service will be even better this time. Great news!:thumbsup2

Keep warm and safe everyone!:)

Donna

mickey4
02-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Right now the snow is not my friend. See we are in building and well this does not help. But anyways. They are calling for a warm up. I can not wait for spring.

We have never used the bus system at Disney. I can not wait to see Disney World again. It has been 5 years. I miss is so bad. But we only have 83 days until we fly out. Which I am sure will fly by. :cool1:

Well to all of you hope everyone that has to digs out safely and stays warm. But most of all that it melts even faster.

RhondaInMA
02-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi Everyone!

We will also be sailing with you.. Myself (42), My husband (47), and our 3 year old granddaughter. We are doing the 3 day land / 4 day sea. Category 6 / Polynesian. This will be our 6th land / sea combination trip... (we obviously like it). This is actually our granddaughter's second Disney Cruise. She was only 6 months for the first so doesn't remember any of it at all but loves to look at the pictures.
I have been a member of the Disboards for many years but just recently changed my name. I don't normally post much and I have never been in touch with other people on the same cruise before cruising so this is different for me.
I have enjoyed reading this thread... and am looking forward to this cruise.

Rhonda

mickey4
02-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Rhondainma welcome to our ship. It is great that you have joined us. I took have a 5 year old. My son will be 3 at the time of our sail date. We too are doing the Land / sea but added on one day.

So welcome

scottie
02-18-2007, 08:16 AM
Yes, glad to have you joining our small but fun group sailing out on Mothers Day!

The countdown clock seems to be moving faster then ever!

scottie
02-18-2007, 08:27 AM
I have been searching high and low for the best deal on a hopper pass with no expiration. We are debating about how long of a pass we want to buy this time around. We usually buy a four or five day and that lasts us about 2 trips to WDW. We are now considering a 10 day pass so we can use it over a number of trips. I found a broker via Mousesavers that appears to be the lowest cost. The 10 day comes about to about $41 per day vs a 5 day at about $60 per day. Still deciding though!:surfweb:

mickey4
02-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Scottie
I am with you on that count down clock. It does seem to move faster these days. One week from Tuesday and we are booking our extra's online.
I have been out shopping for the perfect dress and looking for my new crocs too. And sandal shopping for the kids. Wow one of the best things Shopping for a trip.

This is great fun getting ready for this trip. I am so ready for us to hit the friendly sky. One quick question what do you guys do with your booster seats on the plane. I know you can not use them but we need them for the limo ride to the airport then again after words for the rental car. So unless we put them in the suite case at the airport I guess we will have to carry them on. They are the ones with no backs so they are small. What do you guys think.

scottie
02-18-2007, 10:23 AM
We have not taken a booster seat before because my MIL has one that she brings to pick us up at the airport in Orlando. However, we have needed an infant car seat in the past (and for this upcoming trip) for the car ride and we check that in with our luggage. They put it in a big plastic bag and store it under the plane with everything else. You may be able to handle the booster seats the same way??

scottie
02-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Mickey4, I see you are out on the town looking for new Crocs. I ran across this Internet Special for ShoeBuy.Com that you may want to check out. The special expires today (2/19)!
Looks like adult shoes around running less then $24.00 a pair and kids ones under $21.00 a pair.

http://www.bradsdeals.com/adult-crocs-24-shipped-pid-7165.html

mickey4
02-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Scottie
Thanks for the help. I did look at it but they do not have my size. I know I will be able to get them I just have to keep looking or order them from crocs.com. We still have time.

ragdoll
02-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Welcome Rhonda! You and your DH are very young grandparents. Aren't grandkids the best? We will be going with our two DGD's on the DCL Eastern cruise in Sept. Their mother will be with us too. It will be our first vacation with them. It will be a completely different cruising experience with them along. Glad you joined our little group. Seems that there should be more DISer's cruising with us.

Donna

mickey4
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
One week from today and we will be online getting all our extras in line. Yeah......I can not wait..Things are starting to happen. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: We can see the light.

RhondaInMA
02-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the welcome Donna. And yes, we are young grandparents and are actually temporarily raising our three year old granddaughter.

I'm looking forward to our trip this year because at 3 years old she will be old enough and young enough to believe in the magic.

Rhonda

mickey4
02-22-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm looking forward to our trip this year because at 3 years old she will be old enough and young enough to believe in the magic.

Rhonda

I know the feeling. We are so looking forward to seeing the boys faces. They so believe. There is something about that age.

ragdoll
02-22-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm 54 and I believe in the Magic! :thumbsup2 I'm definitely not as cute as the little ones though!:laughing:

deb123453
02-24-2007, 04:42 PM
can't wait till monday since this is my first cruise have to wait till the 75 day, to make any reservations

scottie
02-24-2007, 06:05 PM
I am currently keeping my fingers crossed that we will still be attending the cruise. My MIL found out at the end of the last week that she could possibly loose her job in the near future (change in ownership/mgt). If that happens we may cancel the cruise portion of our trip. Hopefully things will work out and we can continune to cruise with all of you.:sad1:

ragdoll
02-24-2007, 08:04 PM
Oh Scottie, hope everything works out so you can cruise with us. Here is some pixie dust for you...pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

mickey4
02-24-2007, 08:47 PM
scottie......
I am so sorry to hear that. We too have some job questions. My husband could be laid off at anytime. Lucky he has a part time thing too but I do not work at all. But we said we did not care we are going somethings in life we come up but we need this. We had some Medical things come up and need to enjoy life. Like my little man almost lost his life due to the flu. I can say we need this so we are going. I will be thinking of your family just as I do my family and and the whole job thing.

ragdoll
02-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Mickey4, I hope everything works out for you too!pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

mickey4
02-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Mickey4, I hope everything works out for you too!pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

We have had our ups and downs but we always look for the good. And this trip is our good. Things will be fine once the weather breaks and building picks up. We just hang in there. One day at a time and when we get down we come here to plan our trip and good thoughts. I look at it this way the Magic of Disney reachs far and hits this house everynight. But Thank You maybe the pixie cust will stop the snow that is falling right now.

deb123453
02-25-2007, 10:05 AM
i hope everthing works out for you. keep us posted.pixiedust:

grumpy-gramps
02-25-2007, 04:20 PM
:wave2: All,
Just signed up today. Me and DD (Natasha-19) will be joining the gang on the 13th.
I've done this before but first time for DD.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/nattie1.png

gg

mickey4
02-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Well everyone it is here the week we can book our extras. I know I will be online early in the moring (feb 27). Does everyone have there list done with what they want?

mickey4
02-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Gramps
Welcome to our party ship. It is great to have you join our little group here.

grumpy-gramps
02-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Gramps
Welcome to our party ship. It is great to have you join our little group here.

:wave2: Hi,
And thank you for the welcome.
As I be a CC member, I was able to get my ressie's for Palo's in today.
Dinner at 6:00pm on the second night and brunch at 10:30am on the at sea day.

Requested 8:00pm dinner and CM advised if I get it, the rotation will be TAAP
For those who don't know:
T- Tritons
A- Animators Palate 1st night with show
A- " " 2nd night no show but it's Pirate Night
(going to Palo 1st then here) Big food night
P- Parrot Cay last night for dinner

Remember this is what I was told by the DCL CM.
Good luck tomorrow on your ressie's. Start early......
Thank you again for the welcome.
gg

mickey4
02-25-2007, 07:22 PM
HI all
I just talked to my In Laws and they might show up in Disney and surprise the boys. I think that is so cool. My grandparents did that when I was little and I still remember it. So I am hoping that they do it. They are talking about driving down and stopping to see some friends on the way then joining us at Disney. The boys would love that I just know they would be like you came all this way to see me. I just had to pass it on they are still thinking about but thinking is a good thing.

ragdoll
02-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Well hi there grumpy-gramps. Looks like we will be cruising together before our 9/29/07 cruise. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mickey4, I hope that you inlaws will be able to join you in WDW!

Donna

grumpy-gramps
02-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Well hi there grumpy-gramps. Looks like we will be cruising together before our 9/29/07 cruise. Looking forward to meeting you.

Mickey4, I hope that you inlaws will be able to join you in WDW!

Donna
:wave2: Hi rags (short for ragdoll),
I was wondering if you'd notice, same here. DD has to get her sea legs for the 9/29/07 cruise as now my party is up to a total of 7. Me (john), DW (Barb), DD (Natasha-19), DGS (Alex-12), DGS (Nathan-11), DGD (Krysta-10) and last but not least DB (Frank-56) my baby brother. See you on the other Thread. oh yeah, mabe DSIL.
gg

scottie
02-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Welcome aboard for sure Grumpy Gramps. It is nice to see the ship slowly filling with DISers!

On a postive note from my side, Our cruise is now paid in full!! For the time being, everything has worked out and we made payment last night. :banana:

ragdoll
02-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Great news, Scottie!:thumbsup2

mickey4
02-26-2007, 01:20 PM
scottie that is great news. I hope everything stays on the good side for you and your family. Think good thoughts and everything will work out.

Fairy_Tale_Bride
02-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi all!
I have a quick question for you. What time this morning can we go online and start booking excursions, etc? Thanks! :banana:

The countdown is on! :woohoo:

scottie
02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
From what I have read online, 3AM ET is the start of the booking window...but dont quote me

mickey4
02-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Well everyone I was up a 2am central time and booked everything. We got everything we wanted and now all we have to do is wait. Hugh....the one thing I am not good at.

ragdoll
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Glad that you got everything you wanted Mickey4. I am not booking anything. I am just looking forward to four days of total pampering and relaxation after five days at WDW. I always say that I will take it slow and not get worn out at WDW but that hasn't happened yet.:confused3 This time I really am going to try to take WDW at a slower pace. That is why I added two extra days to the land/sea package.:goodvibes

Donna

scottie
02-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Happy to hear you got everything in the wee hours of the morning!

I didnt realize they had Palo Brunch on our cruise, I may consider booking that for DW and myself, if the MIL is willing to hang out with the kids.

mickey4
02-27-2007, 11:28 AM
Yes we were happy with what we got. I must say this is showing me the light at the end of a dark road. We too are planning on taking it easy after four days at WDW. That is why I did not book to much. It is wonderful just thinking we are almost there. :banana: :banana:

Scottie yes 2am was hard :surfweb: but I just wanted to make sure we could get just about everything we wanted.

I hope all of you had good luck too. :cheer2:
This is so much fun today but now I have to wait.:hourglass Hugh.....I guess I can start packing soon. In like a month anyway. Where we are at there is no need for shorts. It is snowing again. Will it ever end.:confused:

grumpy-gramps
02-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Happy to hear you got everything in the wee hours of the morning!

I didnt realize they had Palo Brunch on our cruise, I may consider booking that for DW and myself, if the MIL is willing to hang out with the kids.

popcorn:: Hi Scottie,
If your thinking about Brunch don't wait too long, as they only do Brunch on the at-sea-day..
Think fast...
gg

scottie
02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the brunch pointer. I will see what the wife has to say tonight

Fairy_Tale_Bride
02-27-2007, 04:28 PM
We were able to book every thing we wanted too after staying up until 3:00am to do so! :surfweb: Well, not every thing because I talked to DCL and found out they won't have any parasailing on Castaway Cay during our cruise time. :sad2: Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go on another cruise to get that in! :rotfl: We did manage to get our times for Palo, which I was surprised about! I heard it was almost impossible to book those online.

scottie
02-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Get some rest tonight Fairy Tale Bride!
I was surprised with I logged in this afternoon and still saw times open for Palos for all days

Fairy_Tale_Bride
02-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Get some rest tonight Fairy Tale Bride!
I was surprised with I logged in this afternoon and still saw times open for Palos for all days

I'm surprised too! I was expecting the worst! Glad it's not so tough to book! :thumbsup2

grumpy-gramps
02-27-2007, 09:50 PM
:wave2: Hi all,
This is a little tip for you first time crusers and everyon else who might have an intrest.
If you would like a really nice memory from the ship/cruise, at the DCL web site click on My Disney Cruise then "MY Cruise Gifts and Amenities" then go to "Exclusive Merchandise"
scrool down the page and you will come to Romance Basket $75.00..

Now I do not work for Disney, I'm just a liker of what I think is a good deal,
this package has two cotton bath robes with the Disney Cruise Line logo on them (GREAT for when you get out of the shower and back into that cooooold stateroom).
To me they are the best part of the basket, the six pieces of candy are good and the basket can hold fruit. As far as the frame goes it's cheap not like the ones in the store on deck 4 but it will hold a 8X10 picture. Bath robes are a little big at first but by the 7th day you'll think they're great..

Most important part of this story is if you wish to purchase anything from "MY Cruise Gifts and Amenities" section (Mickey Pearls....a lot more than $75.00)
So if you see/saw somthing on this section you might want, you MUST order it and pay for it at least 48 hours before the cruise begins. You will not be able to purchase these items in the store.. Disney does not mention that you must order prior to sailing or you cannot get it on the ship.. Just a tip.
gg

mickey4
02-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Gramps
Thanks for the tip. I would not have even given that a 2nd thought. I know us 1st timers are learning along the way and counting down the days.

Heck...we have been counting since 385 days. I know we are nuts but just could not wait.

scottie
02-28-2007, 10:14 AM
That Romance Basket sure sounds nice! Speaking of that, another nice one to use for baskets for the kids, family, etc is The Perfect Gift. I have read great reviews about her cruise baskets on the boards here. Their site is http://theperfectgift.cc/Cruises.htm

grumpy-gramps
02-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Gramps
Thanks for the tip. I would not have even given that a 2nd thought. I know us 1st timers are learning along the way and counting down the days.

Heck...we have been counting since 385 days. I know we are nuts but just could not wait.

we are not experts, only been on one DCL 7 day western cruise last September (09/09/06) but the robes were a good deal for us.
In fact I already ordered a basket for this trip, one robe for our DD who is going on the cruise and the other for our DD who isn't (she is the type who looks at a car and gets sick), and I will surly bring mine.
Like I said above when you leave that warm bathroom you will be glad you have it on..... Trust me I'm learning and counting the days too. (can't wait, but gotta):rotfl:
gg

mickey4
02-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Gramps...
I know what you say about counting. Ok we are all most likely counting the days. I am so looking forward to this and just can not wait...We have not been on a trip since 2001 and this is our 1st family trip with our boys.
They keep asking when they can pack.

We are so looking forward to our 1st family trip. We only have 69 days left.

deb123453
03-02-2007, 09:00 AM
we booked the dolphin and the stingray encounter,has anyone done either one of these. was going to book something at the spa but my dd said i wouldn't have time, so i thought i would play it by ear and see if i could get in when she was a the kids club. also palo was out didn't think my dd would enjoy this and wasn't in to going by myself

mickey4
03-02-2007, 09:38 AM
I have not heard great things about the Dolphin trip. Some of our friends did it and said it was not worth it. We are with you on Palo. We did not book a meal there. We have a huge thing in this house that we eat dinner everynight as a family and that is how we plan to eat on the trip.

But we did a book the spa. I wanted to do something for the parents. I am just hoping our refund gets here quick so I have my spending money in line.

scottie
03-02-2007, 12:22 PM
My wife, MIL and girls did a dolphin thing in Nassau a couple of years back and seemed to enjoy it. I dont think they were amazed by it though and likely wouldnt do it again. I imagine it may be worth trying once. Dont quote me on any of that since I didnt attend and cant remember much from their encounter talks.
As for the stringray one at Castaway... havent done it yet but was highly considering doing it with my girls this time around. I read a nice long recent thread about it on the cruise board. However, I have a feeling we may loose the kids to the club area on the island again!

scottie
03-04-2007, 09:01 PM
It appears that our cruise is finally filling up. I was messing around on the DCL site today and noticed on Guarantee rooms open for category 6. I checked the same category about three weeks ago and there were several room numbers open. I guess it could just be a popular category possibly too.

mickey4
03-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Well I do not know if that is a good thing or not.:confused3 I guess it can be fun with more people but less crowded with less people. I think I am for fun. So bring on the people. :cool1:

I can see the light we are getting well into March and this is such a busy month for us so it will fly. Soon we will all be talking about packing. Yeah.:thumbsup2
Bring on the trip:beach: We are so ready here.

Something on the cute side the other day Zachary 5 brought up a hugh suitecase to his bedroom up 4 flights of stairs. He said he wanted to pack.:rotfl2:

scottie
03-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I hear you about getting into March...super fast!! With all the stuff we have going on this month between birthday parties for the girls, swim lessons, spring break etc etc. April will be here in no time!:cool1:

mickey4
03-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Scottie yes March will fly by. Thank goodness for small things. I am so looking forward to getting on that plane. I checked and our refund should be here in a couple of weeks yeah....we have spending money.

One quick questions I have for all of you is...When you check the online check in forms there is a medical form am I right and in thinking you only fill this out if you have a medical condtion you want them to be aware of or do they need it on all of us no matter what.

scottie
03-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I did some searching for info about the Medical Form. Per the DCL site:

If you have a pre-existing medical condition or special need that we should be made aware of, please complete this form and submit it to Disney Cruise Line® at least 14 days prior to sail date. If no medical condition exists, please do not submit this form.

grumpy-gramps
03-06-2007, 09:14 AM
For the Pepsi drinkers.
Don't forget to pack some Pepsi's, I usualy bring a 12 pack of 10oz. plastic bottles.
Old Polish Saying;
Remember if you don't bring it you don't have it....

I like Pepsi..
Now that this will bring us to the fromt page I bid you ado, next installment will be on what else you like to drink thar Disney will let you bring..
gg

mickey4
03-06-2007, 09:30 AM
I have to have my pepsi or Root Beer. Most of all I know my husband loves miller lite in the plastic bottles I guess if I can bring that I will.

mickey4
03-06-2007, 09:35 AM
One other question real quick what do we do to keep for going nuts these last 60 days or so. I am so bouncing around want to do something. Ok I can pack I guess but that would be a little nuts. My whole house is walking around with a smile My husband who works two jobs says he thinks about it more and well I am just wondering any ideas. We do have alot going on on the weekends but during the week I am just at home with the boys and can not really get out of the house. Ideas? I am also still waiting to see if grandparents are joining us in Disney.

ragdoll
03-06-2007, 09:48 AM
For the Pepsi drinkers.
Don't forget to pack some Pepsi's, I usualy bring a 12 pack of 10oz. plastic bottles.
Old Polish Saying;
Remember if you don't bring it you don't have it....

I like Pepsi..
Now that this will bring us to the fromt page I bid you ado, next installment will be on what else you like to drink thar Disney will let you bring..
gg

I don't drink too much soda of any kind but when I do it's Coke. It usually tastes OK from the drink station but sometimes, especially in the evening, it is awful.

We don't bring anything onboard to drink, but we sure do take home all of the duty free booze we can pack! :teeth: We will also buy a bottle of rum in Nassau to mix with the Coke onboard.:)

ragdoll
03-06-2007, 09:52 AM
One other question real quick what do we do to keep for going nuts these last 60 days or so. I am so bouncing around want to do something. Ok I can pack I guess but that would be a little nuts. My whole house is walking around with a smile My husband who works two jobs says he thinks about it more and well I am just wondering any ideas. We do have alot going on on the weekends but during the week I am just at home with the boys and can not really get out of the house. Ideas? I am also still waiting to see if grandparents are joining us in Disney.

Have you made a paper chain of the days left until the cruise? That is all I can think of at the moment. I am not very creative.:confused3

scottie
03-06-2007, 10:16 AM
As for something to keep busy, or at least the kids busy... I stumbled upon a link on the Port Canaveral Site that has three small books you can print out for the kids. They deal with the port, conservation, wildlife around there etc. They have a coloring book, activity book and Endangered Species Watch book. I printed them out and the kids really are enjoying them. There is also a video on there of jobs at the port that the kids seemed to like. Here is the link to the main kids page: http://www.portcanaveral.org/multimedia/kids.htm

We have also done the paper chain which everyone is enjoying, including me watching those chains disappear!

mickey4
03-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Ragdoll yes we have made a paper chain I know it sounds funny but we made it 385 days out. We have been ready for this trip for some time now. We have not gone on a Vac. since 2001 so we are ready. I am cleaning out closets today to keep me busy to see what if anything we need for our trip.

grumpy-gramps
03-06-2007, 02:02 PM
:wave2: Hi again,
I've started a paper chain;

Cruise reservations
Palo dinner reservations
Palo Brunch reservations
Airport to port reservations
Port to airport reservations
Airline reservations
Mothers day card and most important, :flower3:
and it's getting longer.
gg

mickey4
03-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Well I filled out my online forms. We are set to set sail. Now we realy only have to wait. Other than the Tags what else can I look for from Disney in the mail. I have heard we will not get anything until about two weeks before we go. Is that right?

grumpy-gramps
03-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Well I filled out my online forms. We are set to set sail. Now we realy only have to wait. Other than the Tags what else can I look for from Disney in the mail. I have heard we will not get anything until about two weeks before we go. Is that right?

:yay: Hi,
You'll get your tickets in the same package..
now we are on page one again..
gg

RhondaInMA
03-08-2007, 08:35 AM

We went out and bought my 3 year old granddaughter her (Dora) carry-on rolling backpack and when we do our weekly shopping she picks out one small item to place into her carry-on for the 3 hour flight.

I have recently become a stay at home 'grandma' and although I've cruised Disney many times before this wait seems to be the worst because I'm not working full time. Time seems to pass so slowly when I am stuck inside with a toddler. It's even way too cold to go for walks outside. But we change the clocks this weekend and the warmer weather will eventually work it's way in. Hopefully time will pass quickly then...

mickey4
03-08-2007, 10:03 AM
We went out and bought my 3 year old granddaughter her (Dora) carry-on rolling backpack and when we do our weekly shopping she picks out one small item to place into her carry-on for the 3 hour flight.

I have recently become a stay at home 'grandma' and although I've cruised Disney many times before this wait seems to be the worst because I'm not working full time. Time seems to pass so slowly when I am stuck inside with a toddler. It's even way too cold to go for walks outside. But we change the clocks this weekend and the warmer weather will eventually work it's way in. Hopefully time will pass quickly then...

Yes, Yes , Yes.....You hit the nail on the head. I am a stay at home mom and on top of the winter blues we have the wait. I can not wait to get outside. I have four toddlers in the house everyday which keep me busy. Ok they are driving me nuts these days. I think about ok I am a day closer to going. So I am driving myself nuts. This wait is very hard. I hope this weather breaks soon they are talking 60 next week. Maybe wwe can go for a walk.

mickey4
03-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I should say we have been working on our door signs to pass some of the time. It helps to do something else other than the say things everyday.

scottie
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
If everyone hasnt seen this post yet on the main cruise board, give it a peek. It talks about many of the little known things that you can do on the cruise.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1380936

mickey4
03-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Scottie
Thanks for the tip I will read that one.

mickey4
03-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I just have to share my joy we are under 2 months. I love the feeling I can not wait to see the Airport again and know we are going to Disney.

We just took the boys to a indoor small park with rides. The 1st coaster ever and loved it. They were screaming Next is Disney world. We had so much fun.

Only 58 days it is coming sooner now.

ragdoll
03-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Just two short months from today and our WDW portion will be over and we will be boarding the beautiful Disney Wonder! I love WDW but I LOVE the cruise! Cannot wait to board that ship!:banana:

Donna

mickey4
03-13-2007, 10:19 AM
This part is so much fun. We are working on our stateroom door sign and the kids are just bouncing off the walls. Everyday they ask how many more to go. We have even pulled the suitecase's out from under the stairs and are letting them get some fresh air. We have not used them since 2001. Well one set is brand new. We have even been shopping for some new stuff for our big ok very big Disney trip.

scottie
03-13-2007, 10:29 AM
:woohoo: I was just checking a rolling countdown online and we are currently 60 days and 17 minutes (and counting) until we leave on the airplane for FL!!! So happy to finally hit the 60 day mark!!:woohoo:

scottie
03-13-2007, 12:56 PM
The kids have decided that we should get a photo matte autographed this time via Guest Services instead of making pillow cases as we have in the past. I like the idea of having something we can frame with a family photo and have for years.

Skyw
03-13-2007, 02:20 PM
HI everyone...
I just caught up on 1 months worth of replies. I have failed miserably with keeping up with this board. SO now I am dedicated. Maybe because it is only 2 months to go!!!!

I was a day late and a dollar short of getting brunch ressies. Any suggestions? Should I go there first thing when we get on the ship? Same with massages. None left on the website. UGhhhh!

We decided to stay on the ship when we are at Nassau. I have a three year old and I think he would enjoy the pool more. I am working on some small gifts to give him during dinner. That way he will have something to look forward too.

I am having sinus surgery in two weeks. Lets hope there isn't any complications!! (actually, that is why I am having surgery....first one didn't work). I think after the surgery, I will get excited.

Any tips for traveling with a three year old?

SKYW, (aka Kelly)

mickey4
03-13-2007, 02:53 PM
SkyW I hope everything goes well for you. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

We too are doing the photo Matte for a family photo. I think it will be a great thing to have years from now.We just went to Stride Rite and got the boys Sandals.It is really going to happen. That is the feeling here right now. I can not wait. Less than 60 days here. We fly out on May 9th. I must say that souns so close. It is coming fast.

Only a few more shopping days left before we all have to start packing. :cool1: I must say packing sounds like so much fun right now. To bad I do not have everything to pack.

scottie
03-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Welcome back to the post Kelly! We will all keep our fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for you!

As for traveling with a 3 year old... I believe Morgan was right around 3 the last time we cruised. We made sure to have our lightweight stroller and car seat. We are actually checking out new strollers online for this trip for Dylan. We also packed a kid size backpack with various quiet items she could play with on the plane that were not easily throwable across the plane :rolleyes1 also small snacks and juice boxes. The waiters on the cruise at dinner kept her busy and made sure food was ready for her right away!:yay:

Skyw
03-13-2007, 08:51 PM
HI
I was wondering how everyone gets through a long dinner with kids. The waiters must be really good. My son gets antsy after 1/2 hour. I suppose there is always room service.

I have officially started buying clothes for the trip. Yes!!! Is anyone planning on wearing a pirate outfit?

Skyw

scottie
03-14-2007, 09:20 AM
As for dinner, I would say our wait staff in the past has been very good with the kiddies. We also seem to loose our above 3yr old kids to the buffet with the rest of the kids club for most dinners. Dylan, who will be about 21 months when we sail does get very antsy at dinner after a bit. My hopes are all will work out and between us and the waitstaff Dylan may just enjoy sitting there for the whole meal! I suspect the girls will likely want to eat with the club kids again.

As for costumes, I do have a Davy Jones costume I wore for Halloween this past year, but I don’t think I am going to take it on the cruise. I am not sure anyone else in our party will dress up.

grumpy-gramps
03-15-2007, 12:32 PM
HI
I was wondering how everyone gets through a long dinner with kids. The waiters must be really good. My son gets antsy after 1/2 hour. I suppose there is always room service.

I have officially started buying clothes for the trip. Yes!!! Is anyone planning on wearing a pirate outfit?

Skyw
My DD-19 will dress up as pirate wench and me GG-57 will be in my usual Mr Smead outfit..
gg

grumpy-gramps
03-15-2007, 08:45 PM
My DD-19 will dress up as pirate wench and me GG-57 will be in my usual Mr Smead outfit..
gg
:confused3 Hi,
This is what I and Not so grumpy grammy looked like. DD will wear mom's gear this trip.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k8/grumpy-gramps/DisneyCruise2006012.png

grumpy-gramps
03-15-2007, 08:52 PM
As for dinner, I would say our wait staff in the past has been very good with the kiddies. We also seem to loose our above 3yr old kids to the buffet with the rest of the kids club for most dinners. Dylan, who will be about 21 months when we sail does get very antsy at dinner after a bit. My hopes are all will work out and between us and the waitstaff Dylan may just enjoy sitting there for the whole meal! I suspect the girls will likely want to eat with the club kids again.

As for costumes, I do have a Davy Jones costume I wore for Halloween this past year, but I don’t think I am going to take it on the cruise. I am not sure anyone else in our party will dress up.

:happytv: Hi Scottie,
Dressing up is all the fun, no matter if no one else does it. As round as I beeee I still dress like Mr. smeeeeedddd, lets face it, a Johnny Depp I not be.
But fun is fun and dressed or not (as a pirate) we all plan to have fun....

ragdoll
03-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone! Weird week around Northeast Ohio. We had a small earthquake, a tornado, 70 degree high on Wednesday, and then an ice storm and snow on Thursday morning just in time for rush hour. Crazy!

Great picture grumpy-gramps! Wish your wife could join us!

Donna

mom2jandl
03-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Hi Everyone,
I just found you all. I am boked for May 13th with my husband and two kids.
We are very excited. This will be our first cruise with kids. They are ages 3 and 5.
I haven't gone through the whole thread but caught a bit of the pillow case and frame thing and am so excited. I never would have thought to do that!

Well just wanted to say hello!
Michelle

ragdoll
03-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi Michelle!:welcome:

mom2jandl
03-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks ragdoll!
We will arrive late on the 8th and doing the WDW thing for the first part of the vacation. We are Disneyland Passholders so if anyone has input for us on WDW, I would love to hear it!

I will try to read through the entire thread but can anyone please explain this door sign thing?

Thanks,
Michelle

mom2jandl
03-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Can someone please explain the restaraunts and how we are rotated through them...My husband and I are confused.
Is Lumiere's in the rotation?

Thanks,
Michelle

ragdoll
03-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Can someone please explain the restaraunts and how we are rotated through them...My husband and I are confused.
Is Lumiere's in the rotation?

Thanks,
Michelle

DH and I are also arriving at WDW on May 8. We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.

As for the dining rotation...you will find out your rotation when you board. You will be in each of the three restaurants one time and will repeat one of them. Triton's, which is Lumiere's on the Magic, is included in the rotation. Parrot Cay has a tropical theme and Animator's Palate is the one that starts out black and white and gradually changes to color. If you will be repeating Animator's Palate you will want to make sure that you attend the first time that you are assigned becaues the second time the "show" will not be run. The restaurant will remain black and white.

Now that I have completely confused you feel free to ask for clarification.:rotfl2:

Donna

mickey4
03-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Everyone,
I just found you all. I am boked for May 13th with my husband and two kids.
We are very excited. This will be our first cruise with kids. They are ages 3 and 5.
I haven't gone through the whole thread but caught a bit of the pillow case and frame thing and am so excited. I never would have thought to do that!

Well just wanted to say hello!
Michelle

Welcome to our fun ship. My boys are alos 3 and 5 years old and this is our 1st DCL trip too.

mickey4
03-17-2007, 09:53 AM
We too are doing WDW 1st. Love the place. We are coming in on May 9th and staying at Caribbean resort. We love WDW from what my sister says that have been to Disney Land and Disney World is that WDW is bigger cleaner and more fun. Plan to walk alot. We rent a stroller find it easier as my kids like to walk but not all the time. So we rent a double for 16.00 a day and can check one out at any park. It is so easy.

Gramps you look great.....We are playing on dressing up ok the kids are. We have a Jack Sparrow and a Capt. Hook. Traveling with us. They are so looking forward to that part. I think it would be fun

As far as door signs it is just a fun thing to do before hand to make your door well more yours. My kids have been working on their's very hard. They think it is just great and it is a fun way to let time pass be for hand.

scottie
03-17-2007, 09:54 AM
grumpy-gramps no worries here about others in my party not dressing up. My mask is just overwhelming so that is the reason I will likely not bring the costume along. I will keep an eye out for a Mr. Smee wondring the halls :thumbsup2

mom2jandl
03-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks Ragdoll, That actualy really cleared it up for me. We were thrown off by the Lumierre's/Triton thing.
Mickey4... I have two girls but both are used to playing with boys much of the time. My oldest will be 5 1/2 and my youngest just under four when we sail. As I have now had time to go through the other posts I was excited to see your boys were the same age as my girls.

Has anyone TIVO'd the Travel Channels show on the DCL? My girls watch it over and over. We also pop in the DVD they sent us when were in the planning stages just to sit around together and talk about the upcoming trip!

I think they are at a perfect age!
Michelle

scottie
03-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Michelle welcome to our cozy thread, celebrating the Moms Day Cruise!
We have a 19 month old son and 6 and 10 year old daughters traveling with us... along with my mother in law :rolleyes1

As for Disneyworld, we have been there more times then I should admit to so I will be happy join in to try to help with any questions you may have. This will also be our 3rd cruise so shoot away!

Let me see if I can get a picture of a pillowcase I did for our 04' sailing/WDW trip and post it. Wasnt my best work but the kids loved it once it was full of autographs!

mom2jandl
03-17-2007, 10:01 AM
We have the Disney Rewards Card and I think we get free stroller rentals with that. But that was going to be my next question to you all!
We were debating on bringing an umbrella stroller but it sounds like it is easy enough just to rent. I need to verify the DRC thing.

I will get my girls started on the door decorations!!! I may just hace to join in on that one too. I am a big scrapbooker so this could be fun!

scottie
03-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Here it is...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/28914pillowcase1.JPG

mom2jandl
03-17-2007, 10:06 AM
That is really cute...well now I have some things to add to my list!!
pillowcases (2)
frame mats (3)
door decorations
order those really cool robes!
hmmm what else???

scottie
03-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Ragdoll, I did hear about that quake on the news here in Columbus... hope all is ok. The news talked about a few tvs falling off their stands etc. but nothing major.

I love the Port Orleans French Quarter, likely my favorite WDW resort!

scottie
03-17-2007, 10:10 AM
If any of the guys out there are looking for some nice lightweight cargo shorts for vacation, Costco here had nice unionbay ones for 15.00 each. I snagged all three colors for vacation. They had waist sizes 30-40ish

mom2jandl
03-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Mickey4... we are also at the Caribbean Resort coming in on the 8th late in the day. We are in southern California so it will be a long trip for my girls.

mickey4
03-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks Ragdoll, That actualy really cleared it up for me. We were thrown off by the Lumierre's/Triton thing.
Mickey4... I have two girls but both are used to playing with boys much of the time. My oldest will be 5 1/2 and my youngest just under four when we sail. As I have now had time to go through the other posts I was excited to see your boys were the same age as my girls.

Has anyone TIVO'd the Travel Channels show on the DCL? My girls watch it over and over. We also pop in the DVD they sent us when were in the planning stages just to sit around together and talk about the upcoming trip!

I think they are at a perfect age!
Michelle

That is great Zachary is 5 1/2 at the time we sail Spencer just turned 3 last month but always plays with older kids. The show on the travel channel we watch it all the time. I hate to say it but I am sick of it so we have not wacthed it for a couple weeks. My one say was wacthing it twice a day. It is a wonderful show but not twice a day.

scottie
03-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I believe the free stroller rental with the Rewards card is only offered at Disneyland. We are in the process of purchasing a new Combi lightweight weight stroller online to use on the cruise and WDW for Dylan. Its easy to fold and transport around.
That reminds me, we need to call and transfer our rewards dollars that we have saved up to the card so we can use them on vacation to buy a few extras.

mickey4
03-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Ragdoll I the the French Quarter too that is where my husband asked me to marry him. Great things happen there.

mom2jandl
03-17-2007, 10:31 AM
oh I think you are right about the strollers. Bummer...

We just used our rewards to renew our Disneyland Annual Passes.

mickey4
03-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Mickey4... we are also at the Caribbean Resort coming in on the 8th late in the day. We are in southern California so it will be a long trip for my girls.

We are coming in on May 9th early in the moring and going right to the parks. We are so looking forward to staying some place different this time. We will be in at 10 am. We only have a 3 hour flight. Not to bad.
Just so you know the strollers are the hard plastic type. They worl fine for us with our kids at the age they are. they do have a canpoy to cover them and you just return it at the exit and got to the next park show you already paid they give you a new one takes no time. I love the way it works. You get the best price if you pay for all your days at the park up front. You pay more if you pay day by day. I would just tell you take a scarp of fabric that you can tie to the handle and that way you can pick yours out with no worries. Just take it off and put it on the next one. We also do this to our suite case so they stand out. We just hit the fabric store and buy the small stuff of bright colors they have left and use that it only cost like 2.00 and it works wonderful.

Skyw
03-17-2007, 12:42 PM
HI everyone!
I am glad there is going to be some people dressing up!!! I plan to with my son (DS3.5). I am not sure if Grandma is going to!!!

I see that we have some more 3-5 years old on this board!!! Yeah!!!
We are planning on staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites and will try to get on the boat asap. Then it is off to the Pool. Hope to see some of the kids there too!!!

I made my door magnet yesterday. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the magnets. We also made a paper chain to count down the days. Yeah!!!

scottie
03-17-2007, 12:56 PM
We went with the Radisson this time around for the day before we sail out, but are considering a possible switch to Comfort Inn and Suites. I think kids are hooked on the idea of being super close to port for the next morning so we will likely stick with the Radisson. We usally arrive at port nice and early to have time to hang out.

I think I will complete the online registration stuff next week. WOW time is flying fast!

Skyw
03-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I know. I can hardly believe it. I was a little sick and totally missed out on Brunch reservations!!! It was the only thing I wanted to do that was planned. :rotfl2:

Any idea what time we should show up at port?

scottie
03-17-2007, 09:22 PM
I believe they wont let you enter into the terminal area till 10am the vast majoirty of the time, though I have read where people get in a little earlier from time to time. In the past, we arrived a slight bit earlier, say 9:40ish and they had the early arrival cars line up till they opened then we headed on in to drop off luggage etc.

We were also considering booking the brunch when I saw it open online, but dragged my feet and missed out.

mickey4
03-18-2007, 03:19 AM
Well I finished my shopping for the trip yesterday unless I think of something else. Which sounds like me. I can not wait. But aleast now we are in spring and have alot of going on's this next month and even more the next couple of weeks.

scottie
03-18-2007, 08:29 AM
I’m not sure we are even close to being finished shopping, lucky you! My wife was just telling me how she needs to go out and pick up a couple of outfits for dinner and some shorts etc. I think I am probably 99%. As for the kids, they don’t fit into most of their warm weather clothes from last year so I guess we will need to hit a few stores for them too!
Just haven’t been able to get in the mood to shop much, other then my shorts from Costco, for summer stuff when it is still in the 30's:eek:

My MIL did offer to pick up the miscellaneous items and bring them in the car with her so we don’t have pack stuff like diapers, shampoo, swim diapers, and all the other little things we need but not on the plane!

scottie
03-18-2007, 08:43 AM
A recommendation for those who travel and end up with some wrinkles in their clothes from the suitcase… try the most wonderful product ever invented Downy Wrinkle Releaser. We now take it on every trip and find that it saves us from having to iron anything on the trip 99% of the time.
Now if you buy it and use it and dont like it, I am not offering a refund!!;)

Skyw
03-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I might try that. Other cruises, I just send my stuff out for press only. It is worth the money.!!!

As for shopping, my son is almost done. He also didn't fit into anything from last year. I just need a few more short and t's. But I don't have anything. I am convinced that I will lose weight before the cruise. hahahaha. I did buy the mickey mouse Kroc's for my son. There are so cute. But not cheap>

deb123453
03-18-2007, 11:37 AM
i haven't even started shopping yet. looks like i better get started. i just want the time to pass quickly ,so i can board that plane.

mickey4
03-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I knew our boys would grow so I hit the sale rack at the end of the season. Then santa gave them a ton of summer stuff. I did get mu summer crocs. As far as the wrinkle stuff We love it. I am packing it we to offer not refund:rolleyes1 .

FYI for everyone we where at the Disney Store they had t-shirt's for 4.99 not just for kids but even for adults. We picked up a couple and they are so cute. Perfect for those easter Baskets. :thumbsup2

scottie
03-18-2007, 07:30 PM
The girls each got a pair of crocks for their b-days from my sister. They love those shoes!
4.99 for a nice t-shirt is a good deal for sure. We may need to check that out!

ragdoll
03-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Wow, everyone must be getting excited! I can't believe that I had two pages to catch up on.:cheer2:

We need to plan a DIS meet soon.

Donna