PDA

View Full Version : We are truly lucky to have one of our favorite moderators with us today...

Princess Ash
01-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Last Thursday night, Travis was involved in a head-on collision driving home from his girlfriend's house.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/RHSfutbolplayer/DSC00320.jpg

He is lucky to be alive, and (whether or not you believe it) we agreed that he definitely had a guardian angel with him that night. Here is what he said about the whole ordeal...

"It was about 8:10pm, i was coming home from my girlfriends house and i was going about 35. I was going around a corner and the driver that was driving a truck with a plow on it comes into my lane and hits me head on. The only injuries i have is some cuts on my hand, knee, and elbow. I was very lucky and deffinetly thank god that im still here tonight."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/RHSfutbolplayer/DSC00318.jpg

Wear your seatbelt...he said that it was a major factor in his survival and lack of major injuries...I agree. So let's all applaud our moderator and welcome him back with a great big :grouphug:

Oh...and I thought this picture was kinda ironic...smiling next to a destroyed car...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/RHSfutbolplayer/DSC00321.jpg

It is entitled: "I Actually Survived This" :goodvibes :hug:

soccercruiser87
01-07-2006, 11:59 AM
thanks for making this thread ash, im so happy and lucky at the same time to be alive and telling all of you my survival story. If it wasnt for my seat belt, i'd deff. be hospitalized or worst dead. Please, i cant stress this enough..wear your seat belts. They do save lives. I know they arent the most comfortable things in the world but they do pay off when they are put to the test.

BandGeek911
01-07-2006, 12:04 PM
:grouphug:

MyHappyEnding_
01-07-2006, 12:04 PM
:eek: Oh my gosh.

That's really scary, those pictures are terrifying. It looks like he would have been so seriously hurt from that crash.

I'm so glad you're okay, though, Travis.

xCourxCorex
01-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Glad you're okay Travis :hug:

CASTAWAYCAYCUTIE
01-07-2006, 12:10 PM
i am so glad your ok travis!

2HOT2touch
01-07-2006, 12:13 PM
OMG!!!! I'm really glad you are okay.

Sparx
01-07-2006, 12:51 PM
glad you're ok.

The Dark Dancer
01-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Travis, we are really lucky to have you as a moderator and we are so glad that you're alright! :grouphug:

PG Sweetie
01-07-2006, 01:10 PM
So glad that you don't have more than a few scrapes!!! It had to have been terrifying. Again so glad that your okay!!!

U Just Got PUNKD
01-07-2006, 01:12 PM
:scared1: Whoa!...... Hope your alright!
Was that on he NH News? I was Just wondering...
Anyway I'm glad your ok! :hug:

Florida_luvr924
01-07-2006, 01:25 PM
OMG! I'm glad you weren't hurt! Seat belts are awesome! Glad someone was watching out for you that night.

Cinderella94
01-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Tarvis! I am so thankful you are hear with us today! Glad you're all right!

Disney Daniel
01-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Must have been quite a frightening experience!
Glad to hear you are okay!

jiminy8
01-07-2006, 01:47 PM
omg wowww soo glad ur ok...and i hope ur car turns out to be ok too :flower3: thank goodness u survived

ktbutterfly2011
01-07-2006, 01:49 PM
:wizard: Pixie dust that the scrapes dont become scars because there could have been a scar where you left us but you didn't.

(i hope that made sense. it did to me)

AllyGirlie
01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
That's amazing, I mean the fact that you escaped with only a few scrapes and bruises, thank goodness for seat belts. I'm glad you're okay. What about the other driver, is he/she okay?

soccercruiser87
01-07-2006, 01:58 PM
That's amazing, I mean the fact that you escaped with only a few scrapes and bruises, thank goodness for seat belts. I'm glad you're okay. What about the other driver, is he/she okay?

hes doing fine but hes in big trouble for driving without a license due to a DWI charge.

AllyGirlie
01-07-2006, 02:13 PM
hes doing fine but hes in big trouble for driving without a license due to a DWI charge.

I guess it's good that he's okay, but bad because now he's in even bigger trouble. I'll never understand some people, the fact that he already had his license taken away due to a prior charge, and yet he still felt the need to drive and as a result cause pain to someone else..

DisneyGirl421
01-07-2006, 02:23 PM
omg travis, i'm so glad you're ok.... *hugs*

I was in an accident not that long ago (beginning of december...) I rear-ended someone, and totaled my car. Thank god no one was hurt (everyone had their seatbelts on...). But I was so shaken up. I didn't want to drive for the next week, but eventually I got over my fear. Now i'm extra cautious, and always watch for break lights/blinkers (the person I rear-end was making a left turn onto a street, and i didnt see them until too late).

I also realized my car is just a piece of metal, and my life is much more precious than that. Although I really loved my car. :(. So yeah. thought I'd share my story.

and again, SO HAPPY you weren't hurt. :)

Daisymae26
01-07-2006, 02:59 PM
I am so glad that you weren't hurt, Travis! You're an awesome Moderator! :)

I can second what you said...I've been in three accidents (I was not driving in any of them, thank goodness :goodvibes ), one involving a drunk 55-year old man. If not for the seatbelt, I probably would have had serious injuries. Seat Belts Save Lives!

Once again....I glad that you're okay!

Princess Ash
01-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I was watching one of those lame videos in driver's ed this past summer...and the guy said something very true and serious though...

"I've never had to unbuckle a dead person..."

MuNkY
01-07-2006, 06:58 PM
That's insane. Good to see your alive.

wdwgirl03
01-07-2006, 07:16 PM
OMG, that is terrible!! Glad you're ok, though, Travis!!! :wave2:

PolynessianBaby
01-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Glad you're okay Travis! I can't even imagine how scary that had to have been!
Taylor*

polysisterchick
01-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Glad to hear you are ok. You def. had a guardian angel watching over you. And glad to hear that you were wearing a seatbelt. It would def. be bad news to hear someone I knew got killed cuz that would be the 4th death of a friend, family member or acqaintance, in 5 months. But yea the main point of those pointless sentences is, I hope you get well soon and that I am glad to hear you're ok.

Daisymae26
01-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I was watching one of those lame videos in driver's ed this past summer...and the guy said something very true and serious though...

Oh, those driver's ed videos (like the ones from the 60s)...you gotta love 'em! :rotfl:

Travis, I'm glad you're okay! :)

soccercruiser87
01-07-2006, 10:59 PM

that is very true, everyone buckle up...even if its just a drive thats less than a mile..you never know

Princess Ash
01-08-2006, 12:02 PM
that is very true, everyone buckle up...even if its just a drive thats less than a mile..you never know

It is also a statistic that most accidents happen within a 5(?) mile radius of your own home...

Cinderella94
01-08-2006, 12:05 PM
It is also a statistic that most accidents happen within a 5(?) mile radius of your own home...

Yeah...that's true. I think it was either 5 or 2.....please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

soccercruiser87
01-08-2006, 12:21 PM

i was about 2-3 miles away from my house :sad1:

The Dark Dancer
01-08-2006, 12:23 PM
i was about 2-3 miles away from my house :sad1:

:sad2:

My Mom had a friend who was driving home from her parents house (that was like, 3 miles from her house) with her daughter who was 3....They were hit by a drunk driver and killed 1 mile from their home.... :sad1: :rose:

So glad to have you with us, Travis! :hug: