PDA

View Full Version : My wish for my 1/27-2/7 trip...

Camping Griswalds
01-07-2006, 11:27 AM
One.... that it will be sunny and no crowds :rotfl:

Two.... that EE will have "surprise" rides for us when we visit DAK :scared1:

Three.... that Buzz will finish its refurb early!!! :flower3:

Less than 3 weeks to go :cool1:

Anyone else hoping for the same things?!?!?!

Camping Griswalds
01-07-2006, 06:15 PM
oops...

first time at 40
01-07-2006, 06:19 PM
We also will be there 2/01-2/08 and my wishes follow yours. My DS was bummed about Buzz.

kimmikayb
01-07-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi! My family and I will be there at the same time too! Like you, I wish for the same things ESPECIALLY about Buzz! My kids were really looking forward to that ride and I've never seen it either. We're there 2/1 to 2/7....thinking of adding a few days.

gingermommy94
01-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Sending you all lots of pixie dust in hopes that your wishes will be granted :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

bjakmom
01-07-2006, 07:02 PM
We were there last year from 1/28 - 2/1 and the weather and crowds and were absolutely PERFECT !!! Enjoy !! :cool2:

DeterminedOne
01-07-2006, 07:03 PM
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: - Hope all your wishes come true!

d4est
01-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Great minds think alike! Fingers crossed!

chipper10
01-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Great minds think alike! Fingers crossed!

I agree. I'm really hoping for a chance to ride EE!!!

PooohBear
01-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Here's hoping your wishes come true !!!!!!!!! especially because i'll be there too !!!! :teeth:

Ima Princess
01-07-2006, 08:33 PM
We'll be in the World 1/26-31, so I agree! Good weather of course, and I would *LOVE* a sneak peek of EE! They're letting AP & DVC on while we're there, and I'm hoping they extend that to all (or at least me!). :)
Have a great trip, and may all our wishes come true!
--CC

Camping Griswalds
01-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Pixie dust to all of you well wishers too!!! A dream is a WISH your heart makes.... ::yes:: :flower2:

Weluvdisny
01-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Me too!! Me too!!

Also I wish that TT is done with it's refurbishment. My kids love that ride.

It's sunny :sunny: and 70's all this week. Let's think positive it stays that way!!

I've got my fingers crossed...let's hope for

pixie dust :wizard: :wizard: and
sun :sunny: :sunny:
pixie dust :wizard: :wizard: and
sun :sunny: :sunny:

Karalynn
01-07-2006, 10:34 PM
:wizard: We're with ya!! Mostly the weather though! I was very bummed about Buzz, but we haven't been on it yet, so my ds won't know any difference! :upsidedow

Less than three weeks to go!!!!!! Whooo Hooooo!!!! :cool1:

1of6
01-07-2006, 10:58 PM
I am wishing with you!! :goodvibes We will be there Feb.1-7 and Buzz and TT were on our list of "don't miss."

The weather is what we are really after. :sunny:

Iguess if the rides are still closed then we will have to plan another trip next year! :rotfl:

LilJennaBell
01-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Hi!! My Dad and I are going for a long weekend 1/27-1/30, not long enough for me, but now that I'm a working girl that's all I can do!

We were just there the first week in Dec. and it was a tad chilly... so let's wish for it to be sunny, warm and not crowded for us all in three weeks!! :)

wdwtheplacetobe
01-08-2006, 11:25 PM
The first week in December WAS a bit chilly, so let's hope the weather is good.

We're going 1/28 to 2/3...Too bad Test Track will be closed.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Ya'll have a Magical trip!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Lauralee131
01-09-2006, 05:23 AM
We'll be there from 01/26 thru 02/03 and are soooo bummed that TT and Buzz will be closed - I've been wishing and hoping that they'll magically open them while we're there. Those are the 2 that my DS really wants to ride. And of course, wishing and hoping for good weather - goes without saying! And lucky for me, we'll be there for my birthday (1/31) - how magical is that?!?!?! So I guess even if a few rides are closed, I'm still getting my childhood wish - to spend my birthday at the World! Took me 36 years to do this, but hey - better late than never.

Good wishes to all of you going!

wdwtheplacetobe
01-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Hi there!

Be sure to go to City Hall in the Magic Kingdom....on the Left as you enter the park and ask for a Birthday Button.....It will make your day even more magical!

Happy Early Bday!

jugglinfish
01-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Just wanted to echo your wishes for light crowds and good weather. We'll be there 1/27-1/29, just a quick trip to check out AK and stay in Savannah View with my parents - their first time at AK and my mom is so excited! (me too :) )

Camping Griswalds
01-09-2006, 01:46 PM
We'll be there from 01/26 thru 02/03 and are soooo bummed that TT and Buzz will be closed - I've been wishing and hoping that they'll magically open them while we're there. Those are the 2 that my DS really wants to ride. And of course, wishing and hoping for good weather - goes without saying! And lucky for me, we'll be there for my birthday (1/31) - how magical is that?!?!?! So I guess even if a few rides are closed, I'm still getting my childhood wish - to spend my birthday at the World! Took me 36 years to do this, but hey - better late than never.

I am turning 37 on the 11th, and we are celebrating in Disney this year!! It's my birthday present. Really everyone knows we are NOT to celebrate on the 11th! I actually have decided to celebrate on 2/1. special dinner with lots of family meeting us at BOMA Yippee

So happy birthday to us January babies!!!!!!!

mmiller
01-09-2006, 02:00 PM
We are at AKL Jan 21-28th and the weather will be perfect and the crowds extremely light (Ok.....i am trying for a positive outlook) I am so excitied for my four year old DS to see everything for the first time i can hardly stand it...I hope it lives up to all the praise i have been giving it.......See you all there. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

pcgmom
01-09-2006, 02:36 PM
We are planning to go Jan 21-25th (if all goes well), and we certainly hope for high temps and low crowds. A little pixie dust sure would be nice, too. Good luck to you all!!

:paw:

kimmikayb
01-09-2006, 02:45 PM

I'll be there for my birthday too!! The BIG 40!

Will any of you be doing anything so we can recognize you as DISers? I'm thinking of putting a ribbon on our strollers!

Since I'm such a newbie here at DIS is there a secret hand shake we do when we see each other :rotfl: Special hand sign? :flower:

LilJennaBell
01-09-2006, 09:55 PM
I'll be there for my birthday too!! The BIG 40!

Will any of you be doing anything so we can recognize you as DISers? I'm thinking of putting a ribbon on our strollers!

Since I'm such a newbie here at DIS is there a secret hand shake we do when we see each other :rotfl: Special hand sign? :flower:

Happy birthday to all of the January babies!

I'm also wondering about whether or not the DISers will be doing anything special to make themselves stand out.

I'm sure we'll ALL be waiting in the same line at AK :)

wdwtheplacetobe
01-09-2006, 11:14 PM
DIS tags-----Go to Home Depot, grab a Mickey Head ALIEN GREEN paint sample, and write your on-line name on it. Then wear it while at Disney!

OR ---You can also wear a lime green ribbon.

Either identifies you as a DISer. Look for others around the parks.

Sounds like there will be LOTS of us there.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

d4est
01-10-2006, 06:37 AM
I'll have my lime green mickey heads!

Kelly5538
01-10-2006, 07:39 AM
My dd and I will also be there from the 25th to the 29th (just a little get away) so I'm wishing for the same as you!!!!!
:wizard:

kittylady1972
01-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Our trip will be Jan. 21st through the 28th, staying at Contemporary. I can't wait to see my 18-month old son's first reaction to everything. This will be trip number 4 for my 5.5 year old son and trip number 3 for my 3-year-old daughter. I'm hoping my daughter will also enjoy seeing the Princesses this year. Last time she was there she was only about 15 months old and really didn't care about much but LOVE the characters, even the GENIE!

I'm also hoping for some nice mild weather (coming down from Maryland) and hoping that EE will allow some previews for the regulars. I wish Buzz would open early, but if not that's okay. My son will finally be able to get on a few new rides. I'm debating whether or not to take him on Dinosaur, since he'll be big enough.

2poohbears
01-10-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm right there with all of you. We'll be there from 1/31-2/6!
I'm planning to pin a Home Depot lime green Mickey to my backpack diaper bag, with "DISboards" and "2poohbears" written on it. I've also got some lime green bandanas from WalMart to hang on the handles of our 2 strollers. Hope to run into some of you there---in sunny, perfect weather & riding Buzz since it will be completed early! :wizard:

hickchick
01-14-2006, 08:08 AM
CampingGriswalds - I just love your user name. And we will be there the same time as you and wish those same things! :goodvibes

mmiller
01-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Ok.....checked Accuweather 15 day forecast for Orlando and here it is:

1/21 :sunny: 75/49
1/22 :sunny: 73/48
1/23 :sunny: 72/49
1/24 :sunny: 72/50
1/25 :sunny: 76/55
1/26 :sunny: 78/55
1/27 :sunny: 79/57
1/28 :sunny: 77/55
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
If they are only kind of right I will be one happy mouse girl!!!!!!!!!!!! :earsgirl:

And don't anyone rain on my parade...I know it can change...but for the moment I am very happy

wdwtheplacetobe
01-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Have a GRAND time and Make it So the next week, too....1/28-2/3!!!!

:sunny: ::yes:: :sunny: ::yes:: :sunny: ::yes::

HJL413
01-14-2006, 10:07 PM
The temperature here in Philadelphia dropped 30 degrees today and with the wind chill it is freezing. Perhaps this is to add to the excitement for our upcoming trip 1/27 - 2/04 which will be here in 13 days. I am hoping for nice warm Florida weather for all who are going soon.

mmiller
01-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I live in Bucks county and will be there 1/21 -01/28( i am the crazy weather forecaster!!!) It is actually freezing, windy, and snowing and we lost our electric for about two hours earlier tonite...so i am so ready for FLA. where are you staying? :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

wdwtheplacetobe
01-14-2006, 10:11 PM
We have been having "Disney weather" lately here in Texas!

I'm hoping it will hold out another few weeks'....It's usually colder here in January...altho we quite often wear shorts at Christmas!

HOT in July and August, tho...that's OUR time to stay inside.

Have and SAFE and Magical trip!!!

:cool1: ::yes:: :cool1:

wdwtheplacetobe
01-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Don't FORGET ya'll's LIME GREEN tags....we need to try to find each other!

:cool1: :sunny: :cool1:

mmiller
01-14-2006, 10:14 PM
i think that is a great idea....everyone do the lime green tags with your DIS name on it...it could be fun...unless you see someone who always appears on here to be a pain the xxx and then you know to ignore them :rotfl2:

Lauralee131
01-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Wow - I hope that weather holds out!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me again someone - the green tags...where do you get them? I thought someone said Home Depot, but I couldn't find the message again. Am I crazy thinking that? I've got some lime green clothing, but want to check out the tags!

schnerk
01-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Ok.....checked Accuweather 15 day forecast for Orlando and here it is:

1/21 :sunny: 75/49
1/22 :sunny: 73/48
1/23 :sunny: 72/49
1/24 :sunny: 72/50
1/25 :sunny: 76/55
1/26 :sunny: 78/55
1/27 :sunny: 79/57
1/28 :sunny: 77/55
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
If they are only kind of right I will be one happy mouse girl!!!!!!!!!!!! :earsgirl:

And don't anyone rain on my parade...I know it can change...but for the moment I am very happy

Woo Hoo!!! :banana: :cool1: I am there those same dates and that is much better than the rain I saw forcasted. No rain! No Rain!

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Lauralee131
01-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Wow - I sure you're wrong about that rain! Enjoy your trip!111

d4est
01-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Wow - I hope that weather holds out!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me again someone - the green tags...where do you get them? I thought someone said Home Depot, but I couldn't find the message again. Am I crazy thinking that? I've got some lime green clothing, but want to check out the tags!
Yes--Home Depot. Go over to the paint station. There is a Disney section where all the paint chips are shaped like Mickey heads.

mmiller
01-15-2006, 08:35 AM
You guys all have cool pictures of Tink, Tigger, etc. under your DIS name....how do you get them under there? you can tell I'm new to this :)

HJL413
01-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi Mmiller, yes I am in Philadelphia and also had the power failure thing last night. I hope your long range forecast is even close to correct as it is freezing here now. We will be there 1/27 - 2/04. I need to know about this green tag idea, is it real.

As for the pictures, click on the line User CP near the top left of the page, then click on edit avatar for pictures or edit signature for your signature information. I haven't done this yet, however, it should work. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

We have reached 12 days to Boardwalk.

HARRY

wdwtheplacetobe
01-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Harry---

I met several people on my last trip BECAUSE of the green tags!

Go to your nearest Home Depot....raid the Mickey Head paint samples that say ALIEN GREEN on them. Write your on-line name on them and WEAR them during your trip to identify.

Last time I safety-pinned to my fanny pack or collar....this time I found some green yarn for them. (to wear around neck)

YES, IT'S REAL!!!

We'll be there 1/28 to 2/3, staying at OKW, so we'll look for you in the Parks!!!

wdwtheplacetobe
01-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Harry---

I met several people on my last trip BECAUSE of the green tags!

Go to your nearest Home Depot....raid the Mickey Head paint samples that say ALIEN GREEN on them. Write your on-line name on them and WEAR them during your trip to identify.

Last time I safety-pinned to my fanny pack or collar....this time I found some green yarn for them. (to wear around neck)

YES, IT'S REAL!!!

We'll be there 1/28 to 2/3, staying at OKW, so we'll look for you in the Parks!!!

wdwtheplacetobe
01-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Ok, so I'm part techno-phobe....but ALL Disney Freak!

Ya'll have fun!

:cool1: :rotfl2: :cool1:

HJL413
01-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Mel, thank you very much. I will get to Home Depot this week and work on my green tag. I will pin the tag to my backpack which is always with me in the parks. DW, DS (9) and DDS (twins 6) love to see how much stuff can be shoved in my backpack. They also enjoy my DIS board fun.The ability to combine the 2 and meet others is priceless. I will look for you and hope you have a wonderful vacation.

HARRY

wdwtheplacetobe
01-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Harry...

If you want to get the Kids involved....replace their shoelaces with Neon Green---I found some at the local grocery store here.

Have a Blast!!!

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Lauralee131
01-15-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow - when I'd read that people got their tags at Home Depot I had no idea it was a paint chip!!! LOL!!! Hopefully I'll get there before our trip! Just under 9 days and 11 hours or so I think but who's counting?!!?!??!

HJL413
01-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Mel, I have to get some green on my DW as she doesn't yet understand how much fun it is to share the magic here at DIS. Perhaps I can make her a green tag with a big ? kind of like The Riddler from Batman. Enjoy.

HARRY

wdwtheplacetobe
01-15-2006, 09:48 PM
The tags are very small (2x2)...I'll bet she might join in the magic.

You'll convert her yet!

good luck!

Camping Griswalds
01-16-2006, 04:15 PM
CampingGriswalds - I just love your user name. And we will be there the same time as you and wish those same things! :goodvibes

Hey THANKS!!!

I wish we didn't have some "Griswald" moments from our camping adventures, but we DID survive to laugh at ourselves!!!

Not long now to both of our vacations! Can hardly stand the wait!!

wdwtheplacetobe
01-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Are ya'll READY?????

We are!!!!

party: pixiedust: party:

2poohbears
01-27-2006, 05:42 PM
I'm getting really excited!!! We leave early Monday morning, Jan. 30th and will be there until FEB 6th! I've got so much packing to do!!!

I'll have my alien-green mickey mouse tag on my backpack. See all you DISers there! :goodvibes :woohoo:

Ima Princess
02-01-2006, 02:29 PM
We got back last night -- we were in the World 1/26-31. Had pretty good weather -- not too hot, not too cold, and rain only on Monday. But it was more crowded than I had hoped, thanks to EE preview. We were able to do all our favorite rides and used FPs like crazy. Had a great time and can't wait to go back! :sunny: DD6 was very sad to leave.

wdwtheplacetobe
02-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Hi Ya'll !!!

Arrived home on Friday....Looked for everyone, but didn't see Green tags???

Had a wonderful time as always....the parks were full the first weekend, but cleared out during the week. 1st experience golfing at Disney, beautiful courses!

EE was fabulous! Lucky enuf to ride twice.

Weather was perfect, except for a little rain on Monday.

Hope ya'll had a Magical Time!!!

:wizard: :grouphug: :wizard:

ryty44
02-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Hey everyone, any of those wishes come true? I will be there Feb 11--Feb 19
Please give us the scoop!! Hope you all had a magical memorable time pixiedust:

:earsgirl: ,me, :earsboy:Dh, :wizard: Ds7, :wizard: Ds4, and princess: 9 months

d4est
02-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Well, for the most part. The weather was ok. Our first full day, 2/2, was beautiful. Friday 2/3, it rained all day & we got drenched. Saturday was quite chilly. After that, the weather was good. Monday 2/6 was beautiful & even got a little sunburned.

Crowds, well, I have nothing to way against. It didn't seem bad, but more crowded that I expected. The worst was definitely MK near Splash MT. & Big Thunder. Very congested.

Got to ride EE & that was awesome!!

Didn't see any green Mickey's. I lost mine on the third day...

2poohbears
02-11-2006, 11:47 PM
We got back home on Monday night (2/6). Had a GREAT time...it was our 1st trip with our 2 y/o twins, who absolutely LOVED WDW. With the exception of a few meltdowns (to be expected), we had a great time. (Apologies to anyone on the ASMovies buses for crying twins on nightly returns to the hotel. :rolleyes1 )

I had my lime green mickey on my backpack and a lime green strap on one of our strollers, but no one from the DIS boards approached me & I didn't notice any DISers myself. Maybe next time...

It was a bit more crowded than I expected as well, but we didn't really have any problems getting into attractions and we ate early meals to avoid lines. We got to ride EE and Buzz, so we were THRILLED! Gotta love the Yeti!!!
The rain all day on Friday and Saturday morning was a bit of a bummer, but we just donned ponchos and stroller rain gear and still had a blast! I cannot wait to go back...already trying to convince my husband to go back next FEB!!! :banana: