PDA

View Full Version : 7th January 2007, 4 Night Wonder Cruise

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

mandymouse
01-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Hi there

I thought I'd start this thread as it is only 1 YEAR TODAY (YIPPPPEEE) until our 4 night Wonder cruise. We only booked this cruise 3 days ago, but we are so excited as this will be our 4th Cruise.
So are we travelling alone? Don't be shy and say 'hi'

mandymouse :)

Cruisin
01-16-2006, 11:19 PM
:wave: Hi mandymouse.

No you will not be travelling alone. :teeth:

You will definitely have company on this cruise.

As of now, myself and my husband are booked.

Also there are 2 other DISers and husbands booked and a few more making up their minds if they are coming for sure.

I just got off of the Jan 8, 2006 - 4 night Wonder Cruise last week and can't wait to go again.

:boat:

Cruisin
01-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I forgot to mention that this will be our 8th Disney Cruise. We are looking forward to it just as much as we did our first. :goodvibes

Dalpal
01-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Hiya!:wave:

This will be my our 3rd cruise...and I cant wait!.. :cool1:

Cruisin
01-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Hiya!:wave:

This will be my our 3rd cruise...and I cant wait!.. :cool1:

:wave2:

Which cruise lines did you cruise with before?

We have been on Carnival ( a long time ago), Royal Caribbean and of course Disney Cruise Line. :teeth:

mandymouse, which cruise lines have you cruised with :confused3

TKERBELL
01-17-2006, 07:51 PM
Crusin' - I talked DH into at least checking it out- - I just need some details minor that is - what is the seating choice for dinner - PM me if needed - thanks

Cruisin
01-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Crusin' - I talked DH into at least checking it out- - I just need some details minor that is - what is the seating choice for dinner - PM me if needed - thanks

PM sent Janet. :teeth:

I hope that you can talk him into it. I think we will have a great time. ::yes::

Hollyann
01-17-2006, 08:49 PM
ZJO! I'm cruisn with crooooosin! Yippee! Can't wait...my first cruise and it's gonna be a Disney Cruise!

Cruisin
01-17-2006, 09:00 PM
mandymouse, you better get back here soon and take control of your thread before the threadkillers take over :rotfl2:

I've got my countdown timer now :goodvibes

Dalpal
01-18-2006, 11:18 AM

Which cruise lines did you cruise with before?

We have been on Carnival ( a long time ago), Royal Caribbean and of course Disney Cruise Line. :teeth:

mandymouse, which cruise lines have you cruised with :confused3

Hello everyone!. :) ..

I have been looking at the cruise pics of the day thread....Soooo Cool. :cool2: ..and TW has posted there also!

Robin,
I was on the Ecstasy (carnival) and the Nordic Empress ( RCCL)..Both were nice ...
I liked the food and the room MUCH better on The Ecstasy, but I liked the entertainment alot more on the Nordic Empress...The NE was alot smaller...

I am really looking forward to seeing how the Disneys cruise compares to them.

I dont care too much about the Nassau stop,(BTDT) but I am looking forward to CC....That Island looks very nice...and the adult beach looks nice and relaxed :goodvibes and I like the idea of renting the bikes and exploring...

I also love to snorkel...I hope the waters clear enough :wizard:

:wave:

Cruisin
01-18-2006, 03:06 PM
We have sailed on the Carnival Fantasy (see it every time at Port Canaveral when we go on a Disney Cruise) and also on the Royal Carribean's Monarch of the Seas, once out of Fort Lauderdale to Key West and Cozumel and once out of Los Angeles to Ensenada Mexico.

I know what you mean about Nassau. I've been there a few too many times and don't even care if I get off of the ship. Of course if a bunch of us wanted to go on an excursion together somewhere I would certainly be open to that idea.

I DO think that anybody who has never been there before should get off and have a look around though, especially if you enjoy being called "pretty lady" :teeth:

Castaway Cay is a very nice island. I enjoy going over to Serenity Bay and just enjoying the ocean and the sand and the fishes and the peace and quiet (well usually it is peacefull and quiet)

I have heard that it is better to snorkel at the adult beach because at the family beach after awhile the water gets all messed up because of the amount of people there and it gets clouded with the sand. Although at the family area there are things to look at under the water that Disney has put there, little surprises. ::yes::

mandymouse
01-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey everyone

I'm so sorry that I haven't been keeping an eye on this thread, I honestly thought that I was the only person to have booked so early :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Let me introduce myself, I'm Mandy, I will be travelling with my hubby Paul and 2 daughters who will be 15 & 13 when we cruise.

This will be our 4th cruise, we have been on 3 x 3 night Disney Cruises and we can't wait for the next one. Our last cruise was in May 2005 and we had a great time and really enjoyed the Pirate party.

Is anyone else travelling with kids ??

It's lovely to 'meet' you all, and I look forward to getting to know you a little more.

Mandy :)

Cruisin
01-18-2006, 08:40 PM

Hi Mandy :teeth: Nope you are not the only fanatic who books so far in advance :rotfl2:

My name is Robin, glad to meet you. It will be just my husband Rick and myself on this cruise, as far as I know right now. We have a son who will be 23 and a daughter who will be 19. I don't think either of them will be coming on the cruise.

I have brought along all of my Threadkiller friends from the Community Board to keep you company on this thread.

We have all decided as a group that we are going to try and get as many of us regulars on our thread as we can to book this cruise. ::yes:: Only time will tell how many others can be convinced to come along.

We all hang out over on the Community Board in our own little quiet corner of the DISboards. We welcome all and any newcomers to come over and post with us. If you want to come and visit, you can find us here........ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11220252#post11220252

Dalpal
01-19-2006, 07:51 AM

Hi Mandy :teeth: Nope you are not the only fanatic who books so far in advance :rotfl2:

My name is Robin, glad to meet you. It will be just my husband Rick and myself on this cruise, as far as I know right now. We have a son who will be 23 and a daughter who will be 19. I don't think either of them will be coming on the cruise.

I have brought along all of my Threadkiller friends from the Community Board to keep you company on this thread.

We have all decided as a group that we are going to try and get as many of us regulars on our thread as we can to book this cruise. ::yes:: Only time will tell how many others can be convinced to come along.

We all hang out over on the Community Board in our own little quiet corner of the DISboards. We welcome all and any newcomers to come over and post with us. If you want to come and visit, you can find us here........ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11220252#post11220252

Here Here!...Robin said it all....Come on over and join us ...we are a friendly bunch!...:wave:

mandymouse
01-19-2006, 08:53 AM
This is us from our cruise in May 2005

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/47375FL020015.jpg

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/47375New-8.jpg

If you can, will you post a photo, so I can put a face to a name

Thanks Mandy :)

Cruisin
01-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Nice pictures of your cruise Mandy.

I love your husbands chin hair in the one :teeth:

I will see if I can find a picture of me to post.

Cruisin
01-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Here is a picture of me from our cruise last week.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pc4bd04821b57276e47c64e2ebb631ccf/f081954e.jpg

And here is a picture of me and tinknutt (Susan) when we had a very small DISmeet on our way home from the cruise. We were passing right by the city where Susan lives so we took the opportunity to get together for lunch. :teeth:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p03bce564604af54c8a6349fefd098965/f081952a.jpg

mom x4,grandma x4
01-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone, :sunny:
I am not going with you, :guilty: but I wanted to say Hi to Mandymouse.
Just wanted to tell everyone I have cruised with Mandymouse and her family. She will really liven up your cruise. :banana: She and her family are great, fun people to be around. :rotfl2: I wish you all a very Magical cruise!!! :wizard:
mom x4,grandma x4

Cruisin
01-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone, :sunny:
I am not going with you, :guilty: but I wanted to say Hi to Mandymouse.
Just wanted to tell everyone I have cruised with Mandymouse and her family. She will really liven up your cruise. :banana: She and her family are great, fun people to be around. :rotfl2: I wish you all a very Magical cruise!!! :wizard:
mom x4,grandma x4

Hello, too bad you aren't coming with us.

If Mandy will liven up us TKer's then well, they will have to blame us all when the ship starts to rockin :rotfl:

It should be a great cruise.

disallday!
01-20-2006, 11:35 AM
:wave2: Hi, my name is Kelly! I am 32 y/o and cruising the DW on Jan 7, 2007 for the 4 niter. I have a son who will be 13 at time of sail and a daughter who will be 12 at time of sail! And of course hubby who is 31 y/o who is ready to go!

We are going to be on deck 7 w/ the rest of my family (a total of 20 of us, my parents, us six daughters and hubbies/fiances, and our six kids).

This is our second cruise with Disney and we can't wait! Take care!

Kelly

mandymouse
01-20-2006, 12:38 PM
:wave2: Hi Kelly, I am shocked at how many people have booked this cruise so early. I think it's going to be party time up on Deck 7, I best be invited as I'll be on Deck 6 listening to it :rotfl: :rotfl:

disallday!
01-20-2006, 01:29 PM
:jumping1: Hi back mandymouse! Come on up to deck 7, we are at the forward part of the ship. Now that we kinda know what to expect from last cruise, we can relax alot more and enjoy! Look for a big family wearing matching hawaiian print outfits, we did that last year and it was pretty fun! Everyone connected us to our families that night! Can't wait to meet everyone!

P. S. How did your girls like the teen scene on the DW, my son will be one month shy of 14 ys/o, he was 12 on our last cruise and had a blast in the Oceaneer Lab. I saw they still have counselors (which I think is still a good idea).

Dalpal
01-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Hello fellow 1/07/07 cruisers :wave2:

Kelly,
WOW! 20!..How fun!...

mandymouse,
Ill be hearing them from deck 6 also!....Maybe we can get both floors hopping :teeth: ... :idea: take over the whole ship! :cheer2:
:scratchin well I guess we better let the capt. and crew have some part of it...as Im not sure how to steer a ship :duck::rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Its just my DH (Mike) and myself sailing..and as many Friends as we can get to join us! ;) You have already met Robin, and Ann,and will be meeting more as the cruise gets closer Im sure..

Cruisin
01-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi Kelly :wave: and welcome aboard with us.

We will be on Deck 6 too, so I guess all of Deck 6 will be coming up to Deck 7 to see what is going on there ;)

Anybody care to share their cabin numbers?

We are right now booked into Cabin 6011. It is a Category 11, sideways cabin. It is kind of different than the normal cabins. We were in that same Cabin on the Jan 8/06 cruise that we just got off of and we rather liked the cabin and it's layout.

disallday!
01-20-2006, 02:37 PM
:cool1: This is great!! Nice to meet you Besty and Robin! Yup, 6 & 7 are gonna rule the ship! I agree about leavin the capt and crew alone, I have a black lab baby waiting for us to come home.

i'll post pics soon so u can have a face to name! Gotta go heading out for son's soccer games 4 weekend! Have a great weekend!! :sunny:

mandymouse
01-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Ahoy there

We're Deck 6 Midship, (I'll get back to with the number), I get the feeling that we're gonna have a ball on this cruise.

Last year eldest DD was 13 and she went to the teen club, she had a brilliant time and she is really looking forward to going in again. We hardly saw her in the evenings, after dinner she was off to Pizza Parties, cinema and just hanging out in The Loft. Youngest DD is looking forward to trying the teen club too, as she didn't like the kids clubs, there was too many younger kids in there for her.

Will everyone be dressing up for Pirate night ? Although we did last time, we bought Captain Jack Sparrow T-shirts from the Pirates of the Carribbean store after the ride in WDW this past Christmas, so I think we'll be wearing those. pirate:

For past cruisers, do you prefer the Pirate nights or the old Tropical Deck party ? Although the Pirate night was very entertaining, I missed the TD party as I love to get up and boogie to the 'Cha Cha Slide' and the 'Macerana'.

Cruisin
01-20-2006, 04:05 PM
We probably won't be dressing up for Pirate Night, my stick in the mud husband wouldn't even put the head scarf on in the dining room this past trip :rolleyes:

Hmmm, the Pirate Night or the Tropical Deck Party. Well, the fireworks are neat and there is a lot of "action" on Pirate Night but the Tropical Deck Party was cool too. I guess I don't really care too much, just as long as I am on the ship :earboy2:

Hollyann
01-21-2006, 12:10 AM
ZJO! Pirate night!? That sounds like fun! Robin, I don't know if my DH will wear the head scarf, but when in Rome....he just might! Me?....Heck yes I'll wear a napkin on my head!

As for Room number - it's 8040.

Cruisin
01-21-2006, 09:24 AM
ZJO! Pirate night!? That sounds like fun! Robin, I don't know if my DH will wear the head scarf, but when in Rome....he just might! Me?....Heck yes I'll wear a napkin on my head!

As for Room number - it's 8040.

I really had no doubt about you and the scarf ;)

:cheer2:

Dalpal
01-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Our room will be 6080...
Mandy I think that is midship...So we may be pretty close to each other...dont worry we are pretty quiet....unless our TKer friends are visiting...but then youd be there too! ;)

Cruisin
01-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Our room will be 6080...
Mandy I think that is midship...So we may be pretty close to each other...dont worry we are pretty quiet....unless our TKer friends are visiting...but then youd be there too! ;)

Betsy, you are not too far down the hall from us, we are closer to the front of the ship and on the same hallway as you are. :teeth:

Dalpal
01-21-2006, 12:40 PM
cool! I am really looking forward to this cruise....Its going to be so fun ..having other people you know there! :sail:

mandymouse
01-21-2006, 01:31 PM
I reckon it's going to one long party on this cruise, *** it's my birthday the day before we embark http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/5.gif and it's my hubby's the day after we disembark http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/7.gif

This will be us lot :)

http://bestsmileys.com/party/5.gif

Bring on the Bahama Mamas !!!

Cruisin
01-21-2006, 05:14 PM
I reckon it's going to one long party on this cruise, *** it's my birthday the day before we embark http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/5.gif and it's my hubby's the day after we disembark http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/7.gif

This will be us lot :)

Sounds like you guys will have some good reasons to celebrate.

Did you mention to Disney Cruise Line that it was your birthdays? They will bring you a cake at no extra charge during dinner one night :)

Dalpal
01-23-2006, 09:10 AM
We all will just have to help you celebrate :teeth:

party: :drinking1 :bday: :rainbow:

Cruisin
01-23-2006, 09:54 AM
We all will just have to help you celebrate :teeth:

party: :drinking1 :bday: :rainbow:

Absolutely, we can do that ::yes:: :smooth:

mandymouse
01-23-2006, 11:20 AM
party: Woohoo !! I think this is going to be my best birthday ever !! party:

disallday!
01-23-2006, 11:37 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I am ready! I called Disney 2 c if they still have same agenda so it looks like:
2 - cruise casual nites
1 - pirate nite
1 - dress up nite

This was the same as last, right! So we'll have a b-day bunch with us! You'll need a b-day crown for the two of ya!

Did anyone play those family trivia games like ur on a game show?

Dalpal
01-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Im more of a sit back and watch type of person.....I think thats why I like to take pictures...Im better behind the camera :teeth:

Dalpal
01-23-2006, 04:49 PM
Man The boards are acting crazy :crazy:

So what kind of excursions is everyone thinking of??... :listen:

I think Id like to see if I can come up with some horseback riding...I have always wanted to ride along the surf...Im going to have to check into it....See if I can find anything like that...

mandymouse
01-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Im more of a sit back and watch type of person.....I think thats why I like to take pictures...Im better behind the camera :teeth:

Oh no, I'd better be on my best behaviour, especially if they will be evidence :rotfl2:

We don't usually bother with excursions, this is my time to relax in the sun (hopefully) with a Bahama Mama, and watch the world go by.

I always look forward to the shows and dressing up for dinner (not over the top mind you), and as the girls will be doing their own thing, I'm looking forward to partying with you lot

http://bestsmileys.com/ballons/8.gif

Cruisin
01-23-2006, 07:55 PM
We don't usually do excursions either but we did go to Atlantis for a couple of hours last cruise. Mainly we went just for my parent's sake. They'd never been before and had seen pictures and so wanted to go see for themselves.

We did the glassbottom boat tour once. Wasn't very thrilling at all :sad2:

We did the Atlantis Dig excursion through Disney once too but decided just to take a taxi over to Atlantis on our own this time and explore around.

WE had a really good taxi driver. He got us there quickly and in a sane manner. He gave us his card and said we could have the taxi stand guys give him a call and he would be there to pick us up again in a few minutes.

We were satisfied with his service so we did have him called and he was there within 2 minutes :eek:

I don't know if we would get off the ship next year. I guess it depends on if our friends are doing something exciting and want us to tag along :p

Cruisin
01-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey Betsy :confused3

Are you going to design us a door sign for our cabins :smooth:

That would be cool if we could all have the same or very similar door signs to identify ourselves.

I know that you are the talented, artistic one amongst us ;)

mandymouse
01-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Will anyone be in WDW before or after the cruise ? We are staying at the Pop Century, and we arrive on the 28th December. The only thing that I am definitley doing is O'hana for my birthday, I'm hoping to have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, we've never been there before, but I'm really excited about it. Then hubby is hoping to go to Chef Mickey's for his birthday.

Dalpal
01-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Will anyone be in WDW before or after the cruise ? We are staying at the Pop Century, and we arrive on the 28th December. The only thing that I am definitley doing is O'hana for my birthday, I'm hoping to have breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, we've never been there before, but I'm really excited about it. Then hubby is hoping to go to Chef Mickey's for his birthday.

:thumbsup2 Yes we are thinking of the four days befor the cruise...but that part is still up in the air right now...I think we will be staying in a mod...not sure which one yet...I have never tried CB... :confused3

I loved Ohanas before...But they have taken away the items (the tiger shrimp, and the pineapple/caramel )from the menu that were the reasons I liked it so much...So Im not planning on going there this time around(my May trip)...But we are going to do the Aloha dinner(not sure what its called)..for my sister...I hope its ok....I have read good and bad about it so its hard to judge :rolleyes:

disallday!
01-24-2006, 09:17 AM

I think Id like to see if I can come up with some horseback riding...I have always wanted to ride along the surf...Im going to have to check into it....See if I can find anything like that...

Did anyone ride the power boats? One thing I WON'T do again is let my daughter get her hair braided again! We got a tour of a questionable area before finally getting 2 salon, we were so happy to see other cruisers when we finally got there :banana:

We're going to WDW after the cruise, it was a shellshock to us to leave the cruise and return back to a normal life. I'm sure my new sealegs won't appreciate it though :sad2:

Can't wait to meet you all!!! :grouphug:

Cruisin
01-24-2006, 09:55 AM
We have not made any plans for before or after our cruise yet.

I'm thinking we will be flying in and I do know that we won't be arriving on the day the ship leaves. Been there, done that, won't do it again, especially at that time of the year :rolleyes: It's much too stressful :faint:

Dalpal
01-24-2006, 10:16 AM
I have read that its better to go to WDW before the cruise ..so you can get some rest from touring WDW.. before you go home...
That sounded like a good idea ...so that is probably what we will do...who knows though...I think that will still be peak wont it...(Jan.3rd?).. :confused3

I dont know if I want to pay peak prices... :rolleyes:

disallday!
01-24-2006, 10:20 AM

Hey Besty, if you find somewhere for horseback riding let me know. Those commercials with horseback riding in the surf do look awfully romantic, especially with a sun setting in the background :love:

disallday!
01-24-2006, 04:31 PM
:wave2: My DD was excited to hear of people meeting b4 cruise, she is sitting here now asking me to post a "shout out to all the cool cruisers".

This will be our 1st WDW experience, with DD who will be 12 and DS who will be almost 14, which WDW park is best in your opinion? :scratchin

P. S. We r gonna have to think about a place to meet if anyone is interested! :rainbow:

mandymouse
01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
We're going to WDW after the cruise, it was a shellshock to us to leave the cruise and return back to a normal life. I'm sure my new sealegs won't appreciate it though :sad2:

Can't wait to meet you all!!! :grouphug:

I agree, on our first cruise, we flew home that day, and I have never been so depressed about leaving Florida. Now we always make sure that when we leave the ship we have at least a day before coming home. It's sad to get off the ship, but nice to know that we're off to Disney.

Hi Kelly's daughter :wave2: I hope you are excited about your trip too.

I don't mind where we meet, we all love Epcot (but any park will do), we could all meet for fish and chips in the UK pavillion, or inside the Rose & Crown for a drink, or anywhere I really don't mind

Oh dear I'm getting far too excited now, and we've got months to go :rotfl2:

Good night, and I'll 'speak' to you tomorrow

Mandy x

disallday!
01-25-2006, 08:27 AM
I agree, on our first cruise, we flew home that day, and I have never been so depressed about leaving Florida. Now we always make sure that when we leave the ship we have at least a day before coming home. It's sad to get off the ship, but nice to know that we're off to Disney.

Hi Kelly's daughter :wave2: I hope you are excited about your trip too.

I don't mind where we meet, we all love Epcot (but any park will do), we could all meet for fish and chips in the UK pavillion, or inside the Rose & Crown for a drink, or anywhere I really don't mind

Oh dear I'm getting far too excited now, and we've got months to go :rotfl2:

Good night, and I'll 'speak' to you tomorrow

Mandy x

We'll have to check out Epcot then! :goodvibes My DH says I'm getting too wound up but we have tons to do (passports, reservations for hotels, picking out clothes to wear, etc.)! He just doesn't realize, until he suprised me last night by planning our driving route and stops (now whose excited?)!

When time get closer we can all also decide if we want to meet on the DW like maybe on the 1st nite! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone :dancer:

Cruisin
01-25-2006, 08:44 AM
If we are going to have a DISmeet on board let's try to plan to for a more relaxed time.

The last one I went to, I saw people for all of 5 minutes before everybody scattered to have fun. I didn't have time to figure out who everyone was and I didn't recognize them later when I came across them on the ship.

This time I would like to have a bit more time to casually get to know who everyone is. It doesn't have to be really long but more than 5 minutes would be nice.

I know it's hard because everybody is excited and there is so much to do when you first get onboard. It is really hard to find a quiet time when you are not rushing to do something.

Dalpal
01-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Maybe we can have a reception that first evening AFTER disembarkment..maybe before or just after dinner?(or is there something that goes on that first night?)..If so maybe a morning meet the next day???

I wonder if they would let us use a lounge in the am...I cant think that a lounge would be busy (or even needed) in the am... :confused3

Just a few thoughts :)

mandymouse
01-25-2006, 09:38 AM
The first day is Nassau, and we won't be getting off to tour, we'll probably get off to take some photos, and that will be that. The Promenade Lounge is usually pretty quiet in the morning, as there is no entertainment on. I guess it depends on those people who are getting off at Nassau. I'm happy to go with the flow :)

What seating have you arranged for dinner ? We are early seating

disallday!
01-25-2006, 12:23 PM
So far we have chose the 8:15 seating, it worked better for shore excursions l/y. I don't think we are going to do any excursions this time but it'll be hard for me to change 16 other minds to do early seating :sad2:

So everyone thinks it would be great to meet on the 2nd day? We'll have to contact DCL to see if they wouldn't mind us meeting in the Promenade Lounge! Just to warn everyone.... I'm still gonna try and track ya down the 1st day. :rolleyes1 I've kinda got a feeling where ya'll r located, don't worry I'm not gonna stalk ya :angel:

I saw another website were some cruisers all ordered those bracelets like the Lance Armstrong bracelets (green ones though) so they could find each other easy :confused3 Maybe we could start our version of the purple hat club princess: so we can tell quickly!!

Cruisin
01-25-2006, 01:36 PM
The Promenade Lounge is a perfect spot for a meeting and there is no need to ask Disney first if we can use it. We just all show up, no big deal.

There are also other good places like Diversions, which never looks busy. It's in the adults only area but children are allowed there until 9pm if anybody wants/or needs to bring them along.

Other possible places could be on deck near the adult pool or Cove Cafe (adult coffee room) .

Those are just a few suggestions of places we could meet onboard.

Of course those of us that are at the terminal early can meet there too.

Mandy - the Threadkillers are all on early dining rotation and we are so far all linked together with our reservations, so we should be sitting together or near to each other. :woohoo:

mandymouse
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
The Promenade Lounge is a perfect spot for a meeting and there is no need to ask Disney first if we can use it. We just all show up, no big deal.

There are also other good places like Diversions, which never looks busy. It's in the adults only area but children are allowed there until 9pm if anybody wants/or needs to bring them along.

Other possible places could be on deck near the adult pool or Cove Cafe (adult coffee room) .

Those are just a few suggestions of places we could meet onboard.

Of course those of us that are at the terminal early can meet there too.

Mandy - the Threadkillers are all on early dining rotation and we are so far all linked together with our reservations, so we should be sitting together or near to each other. :woohoo:

Great stuff !!!

We will be at the Port for opening, last time we were there at 10am, and it wasn't open, so we'll be there for 10ish again

Oh that poor dining room !! if it has all of the T'kers in one room, other people will be begging to change rotations - LOL :lmao:

I like the idea of having something like a bracelet to identify us. I've got a couple of Mickey Mouse one's, so if we agree on a colour I can get one before we board - and I feel better with a bracelet, than a very bright lime green t-shirt :rotfl2:

Keep on planning

disallday!
01-25-2006, 02:27 PM
::yes:: Great thinking everyone! Glad to get this info from experienced cruisers. So how early does the terminal open?

Mandy.. if you find the bracelets that you have anywhere online let me know! Thanks :p

mandymouse
01-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I have a pink wristband like this

http://laughingplacestore.com/images/products/5989S.jpg

and there's more on Laughing Place at

http://laughingplacestore.com/CATEGORY-RC-926.ASP

disallday!
01-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the website link! I can hear my DS now, anything but pink and purple mom. If you have a green, yellow, black, red or any other color I think I can get my clan to wear them.

Thanks again!!

mandymouse
01-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Just choose a colour and I'll get another one when I get to WDW, it's no problem to me - and we've got to keep the boys happy too :thumbsup2

disallday!
01-25-2006, 04:44 PM
How about the red, white, and blue? They kinda stand out a little more, if not the light blue looks good.

mandymouse
01-25-2006, 05:11 PM
How about the red, white, and blue? They kinda stand out a little more, if not the light blue looks good.

Woohoo !! I've already got the red, white and blue one :)

Cruisin
01-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I own yellow one and a medium blue coloured Mickey bracelet.

I can pick up a different coloured one if necessary the next time I'm in Disney area which will probably be in April.

Cruisin
01-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Does anybody have any plans to eat at Palo?

This will be our 8th cruise and we have never eaten at Palo's yet :confused3

Quite often we are cruising with first time cruiser and don't want them to miss anything that goes on in the main dining rooms there first time around.

One of these times we are going to give Palo a try. I've looked at the menu and it really doesn't appeal to me all that much either though, so I'm not really in any hurry.

Has anybody eaten dinner or brunch there?

mandymouse
01-26-2006, 02:03 AM
No, we've never tried Palo, to be honest I love the main restaurants and the food served there, so I've never felt the need to try it. Mind you reading other peoples reports, the food does sound very nice :)

disallday!
01-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Good morning everybody! :surfweb: The gang really liked the red, white, & blue.. they said they will get more use with it for summer holidays too! I'm gonna go ahead and order that one.

I've never ate at Palo but since it'll be your 8th cruise, I'd go for it. It looks very inviting and tasteful :p If you do go, post your exp so when we go on our 3rd cruise, (our kids will be older) we can go! :thumbsup2

Dalpal
01-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Im interested in Palo. More so because we repeat a dinning room on the four day dont we?....Might as well do all of them, seeing we have a chance. :thumbsup2

DH liked that idea too...So we will probably be doing Palo on the repeat night.

Anyone like to go too...the more the merrier, I always say! ;)

disallday!
01-26-2006, 02:48 PM
I've got some pics on my c: drive and I'm trying to figure out how to post them on here. Any suggestions? I'm getting frustrated :mad:

Cruisin
01-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Im interested in Palo. More so because we repeat a dinning room on the four day dont we?....Might as well do all of them, seeing we have a chance. :thumbsup2

DH liked that idea too...So we will probably be doing Palo on the repeat night.

Anyone like to go too...the more the merrier, I always say! ;)

Yes you do repeat a night on the 4 day cruise but the repeat night is Pirate Night so the menu is totally different and so is the atmosphere at dinner that night. So I'm not to sure if you would want to miss it, especially if you've never been there for Pirate Night before. Depending on the dining room you could maybe miss out on the first night and go to Palo.

If everyone decides they want to go to Palo, Betsy, then we would probably be willing to go too. Maybe if we got a group together we could get them to let us use the private room. :confused3

Cruisin
01-26-2006, 03:00 PM
I've got some pics on my c: drive and I'm trying to figure out how to post them on here. Any suggestions? I'm getting frustrated :mad:

I usually post my pictures to imagestation first and then put them here.

I thought I heard that there was a "rule" that you couldn't post pictures until after you had a certain amount of posts :confused3 I'm not 100% sure of that though.

disallday!
01-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll keep trying, if it's because i'm still new with the disboards, i guess i'll have to be the "mysterious cruiser" :scared1:

Sorry, bad joke :crazy2:

I don't think we'll miss any nites, Palo sounds great but this will be my 1st 4-niter and it sounds like it's a little different from the 3-niter. I hear there's a midnite chocolate buffet :lovestruc

BTW.. do you think you'll be getting the red, white, and blue bracelet. I went ahead and ordered ours pixiedust:

disallday!
01-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Try this for now if u r interested in who ur talking to! U can post it in your kitchen if u need to run any mice off :lmao:

http://photos.yahoo.com/kcsavage.cboysgirl

It's not great, but i'll get better ones posted later :sunny:

mandymouse
01-26-2006, 04:22 PM
What a lovely photo Kelly, you look like a lovely couple :)

disallday!
01-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Thank you :goodvibes That picture was taken Jan 05 on the DW. My DH cringed when I saw I was posting that, I'm so proud of him.. he lost 20+ lbs since the cruise!

My DS doesn't want his pic posted; he's gotten braces since then and (in his opinion) a better hair style :)

Cruisin
01-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Try this for now if u r interested in who ur talking to! U can post it in your kitchen if u need to run any mice off :lmao:

http://photos.yahoo.com/kcsavage.cboysgirl

It's not great, but i'll get better ones posted later :sunny:

Thanks for the picture Kelly.

You guys look very nice. Of course, looks CAN be deceiving :scared1: Just kidding :teeth:

disallday!
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
:laughing: Hey now! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
No, i can handle the joking, I grew up with alot of sisters and cousins. Nicknames like shrimp and short stuff still don't bother me. i just need 2 remember to wear my heels and shoes with a good lift ;)

Question, i've read other postings that if you have an earlier dining rotation that means an earlier breakfast the last day? Do u guys know anything about that? We've been thinking of switching to early dining so we can catch evening shows. Opinions most greatly welcomed. :thumbsup2

i don't think i've mentioned how excited i am about the cruise
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Gotta go 4 now! Good nite everyone! :faint:

Dalpal
01-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Kelly!..:wave:
Very nice picture....:thumbsup2

We are doing the early seating, I think it will be less rushed....This is the seating for all of us TKers, that are going....We are linked, so we can have the same table or close to each other if there are more then one table full.
Which Im hoping will be the case..As I have said before "The more the merrier! party: " ::yes::

Cruisin
01-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Question, i've read other postings that if you have an earlier dining rotation that means an earlier breakfast the last day? Do u guys know anything about that? We've been thinking of switching to early dining so we can catch evening shows. Opinions most greatly welcomed. :thumbsup2

Yes, we are also doing the early seating with Betsy and gang of course :teeth:

It is true that if you have the early seating that you are expected for the earlier breakfast on the last day.

However, if you don't want to do the early seating at breakfast you can always eat up in Beach Blanket Buffet too. They serve a buffet breakfast very similar to the one they have every day but no special made omelets are available. You can still get cereals, scrambled eggs, toast, bacon etc, plenty of food up there.

We prefer the early dining because it feels like we have more of an evening left to enjoy after dinner. If you don't eat dinner until 8:15 or 8:30 then you can't fully enjoy the dessert buffet on Pirate Night out on deck. :teeth:

mandymouse
01-27-2006, 02:09 AM
Yes, we are also doing the early seating with Betsy and gang of course :teeth:

It is true that if you have the early seating that you are expected for the earlier breakfast on the last day.

However, if you don't want to do the early seating at breakfast you can always eat up in Beach Blanket Buffet too. They serve a buffet breakfast very similar to the one they have every day but no special made omelets are available. You can still get cereals, scrambled eggs, toast, bacon etc, plenty of food up there.

We prefer the early dining because it feels like we have more of an evening left to enjoy after dinner. If you don't eat dinner until 8:15 or 8:30 then you can't fully enjoy the dessert buffet on Pirate Night out on deck. :teeth:

Same for us Robin, we like to eat early, I don't think I'd be able to sleep if I ate too late. We also go to the Beach Blanket on the final morning, it's bad enough that we have to be up at 6am for immigration (us poor foreigners :lmao: ), but we weren't awake enough to eat as well.

Cruisin
01-27-2006, 08:05 AM
We also go to the Beach Blanket on the final morning, it's bad enough that we have to be up at 6am for immigration (us poor foreigners :lmao: ), but we weren't awake enough to eat as well.

Well being from Canada I will be right there with you :rolleyes: :sad2:

I really would love to have a GOOD and proper explanation for why they do this. :confused3

Our last cruise on RCCL they never even took our passports away from us. We wondered if the girl had made a mistake, but we weren't complaining.

On another cruise with RCCL they took the passports but we were allowed to go to guest services at any time on the last evening and pick them up at our convenience. No getting up at the "crack of dark" as my husband calls it :rotfl2:

Dalpal
01-27-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi guys:wave:

What is the normal time for disembarking?... :confused3

Now My DH says he doesnt care about Palo,,one way or the other.... :rolleyes: he says hes not thrilled with having to pay an extra fee just to eat there, BUT we can if I want to....

So I guess we will if everyone else does...The private room sounds really cool...If we could get that then Id really be interested in it...We could have a blast!Our own private little party :cheer2:

disallday!
01-27-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm gonna try and convince everyone to switch to early rotation then, see what happens. Last cruise we did early and they called to see if we wouldn't mind doing late. It wasn't bad, we still ate after our meals. But what did we miss? Sounds like alot! I'm sure we'll miss alot with all of the TKers at early rotation!

mandymouse
01-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Hi guys:wave:

What is the normal time for disembarking?... :confused3

Hi Betsy

We were off the ship around 8am and in the parks for about 9am - woohoo !!

disallday!
01-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Anybody doing door signs? :bitelip:

mandymouse
01-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Anybody doing door signs? :bitelip:

I've heard about them, but I've never seen one or had one :)

disallday!
01-27-2006, 11:50 AM
I saw one on another thread that looked really pretty! I'm not gonna include our names on it but just the sail date and the welcome sign to get kids excited.

She sent me the link but I can't edit it :sad2: i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed :crazy:

It looks like if the DCL will let our big family; we'll be dining early! Let the fun begin! :yay: ;) :yay: ;) :yay: ;) :yay: ;)

Cruisin
01-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Yup Betsy, you can usually get off the ship anytime starting around 7:30 - 8 am. It all depends on how long it takes to clear the ship through customs.

We tend to agree with your DH about Palo. Why pay extra for a meal when there's perfectly good food in the dining room that you've already paid for. That's just us though, others obviously feel differently since Palo is usually booked up.

So, we are willing to eat at Palo if everyone else wants to but for us it is not really a necessity.

Kelly ~~ I've seen door signs while onboard but I've never had one myself. That's why I'm hoping our resident talent for that stuff, (Betsy/Dalpal) will design us one. I think it'd be cool for all of our threadkiller group to have the same door sign.

disallday!
01-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Yup Betsy, you can usually get off the ship anytime starting around 7:30 - 8 am. It all depends on how long it takes to clear the ship through customs.

We tend to agree with your DH about Palo. Why pay extra for a meal when there's perfectly good food in the dining room that you've already paid for. That's just us though, others obviously feel differently since Palo is usually booked up.

So, we are willing to eat at Palo if everyone else wants to but for us it is not really a necessity.

Kelly ~~ I've seen door signs while onboard but I've never had one myself. That's why I'm hoping our resident talent for that stuff, (Betsy/Dalpal) will design us one. I think it'd be cool for all of our threadkiller group to have the same door sign.

Hmm... Let's see.... maybe if we all begged & pleaded to Betsy:thumbsup2 Pleeeeaaaase.... :yay:

They all look pretty neat.. I just don't want to list our names on the door!

Cruisin
01-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Hmm... Let's see.... maybe if we all begged & pleaded to Betsy:thumbsup2 Pleeeeaaaase.... :yay:

They all look pretty neat.. I just don't want to list our names on the door!

I wouldn't put my name on the door either.

Maybe my DIS name :confused3

mandymouse
01-27-2006, 04:32 PM
So is Betsy the creative one ? I hear that she is so lovely and kind and clever and ........................ pleeeaassseee Betsy !!! :teeth: (Is that enough creeping, or do ya want more .......... she's intelligent ....? :rotfl2: )

Dalpal
01-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Heck guys!...
I think Ill just sit back and let you all give me a bunch of compliments...for awhile, After so many years and 10 grandkids later, I can never hear enough of them :teeth:
AND Dont forget YOUNG. :rotfl: ..and BEAUTIFUL :lmao:

I KNOW Robin will say that Im very Young....Right Robin? :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

How do they attach to the doors...are the doors metal...I have never seen a sign for the doors......Do you have the link to the designs?.....Ill see what I can do.................Maybe :smooth: :rotfl:

Cruisin
01-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Heck guys!...
I think Ill just sit back and let you all give me a bunch of compliments...for awhile, After so many years and 10 grandkids later, I can never hear enough of them :teeth:
AND Dont forget YOUNG. :rotfl: ..and BEAUTIFUL :lmao:

I KNOW Robin will say that Im very Young....Right Robin? :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

How do they attach to the doors...are the doors metal...I have never seen a sign for the doors......Do you have the link to the designs?.....Ill see what I can do.................Maybe :smooth: :rotfl:

Yes the doors are metal, so they can be magnetic or I suppose one could just use tape. Probably magnetic would be better, less chance of leaving any lasting reminders on the doors that way.

Oh yes, you are Very Young Betsy ;) A sweet, young thing and much thinner than you were a few months ago ;)

(I do believe that you are just a little smidgen OLDER than me though ) :smooth:

mandymouse
01-28-2006, 06:39 AM
I didn't realise they were magnetic, I've just seen this thread on the DCL boards about other people's signs

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=838817

Pllllllleeeeeeaaaaassssssseeeeee :love: :love: :love:

Cruisin
01-28-2006, 09:06 AM
For our last cruise I had asked my brother to design us a door magnet for my parents room since it was their 50th Annversary. He is very artistic and has a business doing screenprinting and designing things.

Unfortunately he's not a very reliable brother and didn't do it for me :furious:

I myself have no artistic talent. I could maybe ask my daughter to design something :confused3

mandymouse
01-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone

I was sitting here thinking of you, so I thought it would be fun if we asked a couple of questions each to find out what we like/dislike, so my questions are

What is your favourite ride at WDW ? Mine is Tower of Terror & RnRc

What is your favourite Disney film ? I think it's between Mary Poppins and Lilo & Stitch

Which characters do you like to meet at WDW ? Goofy and Stitch for me.

Speak to you soon

Mandy x

Cruisin
01-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone

I was sitting here thinking of you, so I thought it would be fun if we asked a couple of questions each to find out what we like/dislike, so my questions are

What is your favourite Disney film ? I think it's between Mary Poppins and Lilo & Stitch

Which characters do you like to meet at WDW ? Goofy and Stitch for me.

Speak to you soon

Mandy x

My favourite ride ( by the way it's nice to have someone else who spells the same way that I do :earboy2: ) Hmm, I like Tower of Terror, I hate RnRC, I like most all of them at the Magic Kingdom, aw, heck, there's not too many that I don't like. Went on RnRC and Mission Space once that was enough for me :faint:

My favourite Disney Film ~~ I guess I don't have one of those either. Most of them I've only seen bits and pieces while the kids were watching

Which characters at WDW ~~ I don't care, most of them are pretty cool.

I guess that you only found out that I'm wishy~washy by asking those questions, huh :rotfl2:

Cruisin
01-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Here are a couple of DIS door signs that I saw on our cruise a few weeks ago. I suppose that they could easily be done on paper and then taped to the door of the cabin or magnetic paper could be used.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/p344cb6868793d9535dc74068e8bfd53c/f0638a9a.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid200/pbbb122148e15aecadd229d09078cdb32/f0638a83.jpg

mandymouse
01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Aren't they great ?? I LOVE the Pirates of the Caribbean one pirate:

Dalpal
01-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi everyone

Mine would be soarin..I just love that ride!..but befor last year it has always been POC..I have loved that ride since I was a little girl and rode it at DL..

Well 101 dalmatians, of course :teeth: ..
But I also really like the old ones with Haley Mills.."The moonspinners"...or "Summer Magic" with Burl Ives..."The parent trap"...(The original) with Brian Keith...I bet some of you have never even heard of these :teeth: ..Great oldies ;)
Which characters do you like to meet at WDW ?
Goofy and Stitch for me.

I like to meet the "face" ones ...you know like the princesses, or Peter Pan...Its easier to talk and mess with them....But they are all fun!....I had Eeyore looking for his tail once...it was really cute!...
Speak to you soon

Mandy x

Good idea!...Its fun to see what everyone says!...Thanks for asking..

Robin,
You are not wishy washy...Just easy to please ::yes::

Cruisin
01-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Good idea!...Its fun to see what everyone says!...Thanks for asking..

Robin,
You are not wishy washy...Just easy to please ::yes::

Okay, we'll say that then :rotfl2:

disallday!
01-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Good morning everyone! Wow have I missed out on alotta discussion :listen:

Let's see if I can catch up!

My fav ride at WDW? Believe it or not, haven't been there yet :blush:

My fav Disney film? Cinderella, Bambi, Fantasia

Characters I'd like to meet? All of the princesses and the famous Goofy :goofy:

As for the signs... I've read alot of people are using magnetic tape they u can purchase at any craft store.

The Fantasia door sign and Pirates of Caribbean are on the link sent to me as listed below:
http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/joyportal

My fav sign was the Fanatsia sign! ::yes:: ::yes::

Hope everyone is doing well! :teeth:

mandymouse
01-30-2006, 02:40 PM
The signs look great Kelly

Here's a few more 'get to know you' questions (please post some too :) )

What is your fave restaurant on the Disney Wonder ? I think Parrot Cay for me, as I like the atmosphere

What onboard activities do you like to do ? I like to do nothing and sunbathe

What is your fave cocktail? A Bahama Mama everytime :)

BTW, it's my eldest daughter's (Kerry aka madmouse91) birthday tomorrow, if you'd like to say 'hi', then go to this thread on the UK Comm Board

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1016053

Cruisin
01-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Favourite Restaurant on the Disney Wonder? Parrot Cay

Onboard activities? the themed nights in WaveBands, wandering the decks, sitting outside in the sun, the stage productions....... mmmm.... how many more do you want :teeth:

Favourite cocktail? None, I'm pretty much strictly a non-alcohol drinker. I'd love it if they had Diet Pepsi, but I suffer through the Diet Coke :p

Cruisin
01-31-2006, 08:35 AM
:cheer2: another day closer :cheer2:

:rotfl2:

disallday!
01-31-2006, 08:50 AM
:umbrella: Ew, what a yucky day here! We've been blessed with nice sunny warmer than usual weather, but today is chilly & drizzly. Oh well, if we don't have these kind of days, we can't appreciate the nice sunny ones! :thumbsup2

My fav restaurant: I'd have to say Parrot Cay as well!

My fav thing 2 do onboard: Dancing on the pool close to midnite when the cover the pool with the boards, found out I still can't breakdance :rotfl2:

My fav cocktail: Strawberry daqs

And I'm also a big Diet Pepsi fan too!

How about these questions:

Fav Shore Excursion: Dolphin Encounter
Fav Disney Couple: Lady and the Tramp
Fav part of travelling to Cruise Port: Driving over bridge and kids seeing cruise ships for first time :banana:

mandymouse
01-31-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi everyone

It is blooming cold here in the UK, thanks for your birthday messages for Kerry, she's at school, but she'll be really pleased to see them.

Fave Shore Excursion ? I've never done an excursion, I just love being on board the ship or relaxing at Castaway Cay :sunny:

Fave Disney Couple ? Lilo and Stitch

Fave part of travelling to Cruise Port ? I agree Kelly, when you drive over that hill and see the stacks from the Wonder, it's an awesome sight.

See ya

Dalpal
01-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Well
Most of these I cant answer, because I have never cruised with Disney befor.

BUT...

Fav Shore Excursion: Dolphin Encounter...Ill agree with this ..because Ive done this when we went on RCCL..I had a blast..Loved my hug from "Andy"(the dolphin I got to swim with)..I have a picture of it!...Makes me happy just to see it!

Fave Disney Couple ?..Pongo and Purdie :love: ...I really like Lady and the tramp too...I used them sharing there dinner on my Ann. shirt a couple of years ago...

Fave part of travelling to Cruise Port ? Id say knowing my LOOOONG drive is finally over...I HATE driving ...wish my DH would fly.....BUT Illl take the drive to get me to WDW..or the port any day over not going at all...;)

My fav thing 2 do onboard:...well I really like to take photos, I have always liked the nightclubs and watching the bands....and I really like to peoplewatch...sometimes people do the silliest things...

My fav restaurant:..cant answer that one until after the cruise..

My fav cocktail:..I like most anything tropical...but I guess Id go with the Strawberry daqs..as long as they are made well...DH likes the Pinia Coladas(sp?)

Hey I answered more then I thought I could :thumbsup2

sunny_medford
01-31-2006, 12:49 PM
New cruiser entering.....
Nice to meet you all
Wendy :grouphug:

madmouse91
01-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Hey

I'm mandymouse's daughter. Thanks everyone who posted Happy Birthday to me on the UK Boards!

Kerry :tink:

sunny_medford
01-31-2006, 01:36 PM
This is a first at Disney World for myself (34), DD(6), DS(9) and a first Disney cruise for all DH (43), DD (18) DM-I-L (64). Should be interesting.
FAV DISNEY MOVIE- Mary Poppins, Snow White, Mulan
MOST ANTICIPATED CHARACTER TO MEET- will Mulan be an option? otherwise Chip & Dale, gotta love those guys
FAV DRINK- Reg. Margharita, on the rocks, with cabo and definately salted.
Like a shot of Bailey's or Kalua in coffee too. Also a big sprite drinker.
FAV COUPLE-need more time on that one.
FAV SONG FROM DISNEY MOVIE-The Bare Necessities, A Dream is a wish Your Heart Makes
FAV ONBOARD ACTIVITY-Mid-afternoon nap in room w/balcony door open so I can smell, feel and hear the sea
talk to you all soon
Wendy

Dalpal
01-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Nice to meet you all

YEAH! :woohoo: .... :sail: .. Another cruiser!....
Hiya Sunny! :sunny:

If you read back a ways. :3dglasses
We are getting to know each other ..by answering ??s and asking new ones!...
Jump right in and lets get to know you too!... :yay:

I guess the first thing is how many are you going with? ...and a few here I know, would like to know if you will be bringing any children with you?

For myself its going to be just me and my DH, but we are also going with friends from the threadkiller thread (come on over for a visit..We love to meet new people over there!)...There are three of us for sure and a few more who are trying....pluse our SOs..

:idea: OK...I have one!

:magnify: What is your favorite Disney song?? :listen:..

UMMM! :scratchin ....

:rotfl2: and....... :lmao: .....

. :rotfl2: .........I cant answer that one :rotfl: ....
I love them all :blush: :teeth: :lmao:

Dalpal
01-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Hey

I'm mandymouse's daughter. Thanks everyone who posted Happy Birthday to me on the UK Boards!

Kerry :tink:

Hiya Kerry ..
You are very welcome!...
You can answer the ??s too...
That way we can get to know your DM AND you! ;)

OH Sunny...You must have been posting while I was composing :goodvibes

mandymouse
01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Nice to meet you all

Hi Wendy

It's nice to meet you too, I'm Mandy, and I'm from the UK.

I see that you like Mulan, I don't know if she is on the ship (though I'm sure someone will let you know), but you should be able to see her in the Parks, especially in China or like us, we met her in the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Norway, Epcot, here's a piccie of my youngest daughter Becky with her

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/47375Cimg0706.jpg

Will you be stopping at WDW before or after the cruise, and if so where ?

My Fave Disney Song - Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride (Lilo & Stitch)

madmouse91
01-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey! :tongue:

Favourite Disney Film - Aladdin or Beauty and the Beast or Lilo and Stitch

Favourite Ride - Soarin' or RNRC

Character to Meet - Chip n Dale

Restaurant on the Disney Wonder - Animator's Palette

Onboard Activites - Aloft

Disney Couple - Aladdin and Jasmine, Lilo and Stitch

Favourite Disney Song - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes (Disney Channel Circle of Stars Version)

Speak to you all soon! princess: Kerry :tink:

Cruisin
01-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Nice to meet you all

:wave: and welcome aboard. :cheer2:

disallday!
02-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Nice to meet you all

Hi Wendy! Nice to meet you! :wave2: Read back and catch up (if ya can)! These guys have been a tremendous help to me :banana: I'm sure any questions you have, we can steer you in the right direction! (I hope! :lmao: )

Welcome Aboard!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

disallday!
02-01-2006, 08:37 AM
I forgot to post my fav song/s:

A Dream is a wish your heart makes

When you wish upon a star

I got teary eyed when the ship played that thru it's horn (not sure what they call it - if it has another name). It still amazes me how emotional leaving the port on the first day of the cruise was!

Is everybody on board for the red, white, and blue bracelets still?

Kerry... Hope you had a wonderful b-day!!!

Dalpal
02-01-2006, 09:44 AM
:thumbsup2 Ill see if I can find one when I go to WDW in May ;)

disallday!
02-01-2006, 09:54 AM
:thumbsup2 Ill see if I can find one when I go to WDW in May ;)

If you can't find one when you go in May, let me know and I'll give you the website where Mandy found one for me ;)

BTW... which way do you drive thru Va on your way to Fl? :teeth:

madmouse91
02-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Kerry... Hope you had a wonderful b-day!!!

Thank you :tongue:

sunny_medford
02-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes. I kinda feel like Norm on "Cheers" , where everybody knows your name!! :cool1:
I'll be traveling with my DH(43), DD(18),DS(9), DD(6), and DM-I-L(63). Oh, and I'm (34). We have a mine, yours, and ours kind of family. We booked the land and sea package so 3 days at WDW for us first. :Pinkbounc The only way I could convince DH to take the kids to WDW was to bribe him a cruise.
We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm excited as I have never been to WDW nor have my two youngest.
I'll have to check back with you guys and gals later as it is time to take the youngest to dance class.
Take Care everyone,
Wendy :sunny: :dumbo:

My youngest and I L*O*V*E Mulan.

Dalpal
02-02-2006, 08:34 AM
If you can't find one when you go in May, let me know and I'll give you the website where Mandy found one for me ;)

BTW... which way do you drive thru Va on your way to Fl? :teeth:

Kelly,
Hi...I THINK we go through W.VA. and cut over, by Columbia NC...My DH like to avoid the Balt./Wash. area...
I have to admit Im not even sure that is right...He does most of the driving...I HATE long distance driving so Im only good for a couple of Hrs. at a time...I like to wait until we get to I-95...That way I KNOW there are no exits to worry about for a very long time.... :teeth:

If he would fly, I would be on that plane in a sec.! :rotfl:

Wendy,
We will be going to WDW first also...Im thinking four days....But it depends on where we can get...My DH is not a fan of AKL.(too far from everything)..So Im thinking either PC..The AS are OK, but I have been there befor and I like to try new places when I can.....or a Mod...Im tired of staying at the PO/FQ...So if I can help it, it wont be there....I guess we will try for CB...We havent ever been there....The Poly is my favorite...but with the cost of the cruise I KNOW we wont be staying there....
Maybe we can meet up somewhere for drinks or something befor the cruise! ;)

disallday!
02-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Besty.. Gotcha, sounds like u live on the western part of Pa. The area where I live has alotta thru traffic from NY, PA, NJ, DE... I don't blame u guys for avoiding metro area. Gets pretty rough driving in it! :furious: How long does it take u guys from where u r? We are stopping at Jacksonville for the night when we head down. Maybe we'll pass each other along the way :goodvibes

Dalpal
02-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi :wave2:
It takes about 17-18 hrs. I think...We normally drive right on through...Starting around midnight....When we do stop, DH likes to make it to the last exit in Ga. befor we do....That way we only have a few hrs to drive the next morning...

sunny_medford
02-02-2006, 11:05 AM
I think I'm all caught up on all the posts. I found the door magnets interesting. What if each person just made their own with a few guidelines like key words or themes or something. That way no ONE person would get stuck with the work and I think you get to know people through their own creative ideas and takes on things. Just a thought, I know I often get stuck doing things for my family members all the time. I scrapbook some and because I'm stay at home mom I wonder if they think I have nothing better to do. Now I've got this great vacation to plan and shop for...yeah! :banana: I think it got up to 42 degrees yesturday. It has been an unusually warm winter here, I'm not complaining!
I just checked out the navigators at this site. They seem to be standard for cruises, which is good. Gives me an opportunity to pick and choose my priorities ahead of time. I realize ours will vary some. but still a wonderful resource. :teacher: Any first time cruisers should definatley check those out.
Many of you have discussed eating at Palo's while on board. We will not be doing that this time. Our first Disney cruise, so we want to enjoy all the other places. We actually enjoy eating in the main dining rooms for most meals. Buffet is not out style. DH and I like being waited on hand and foot. We sailed RCCL Brilliance of the Seas May 2004 for 10 nts and were sooooo spoiled. I'm hoping the service on Disney is enough to keep my hubby happy. The rumor of the transatlantic is enticing. We've discussed doing a Med. cruise and if it could be Disney...that would be perfect!! :cheer2:
DH isn't crazy about flying but the thought of spending 3 days in a car with 4 adults and 2 kids....well, he'll just have to have a drink or two to settle him on the plane.
Dalpal,
would love to meet for a drink. My intentions for Disney Word is Animal KIngdom, of course, and Magic Kingdom. I really want to enjoy the hotel as well. We chose it because it is a bit away from everything, Living in Maine, we like it somewhat quiet and with wildlfe all around!!! Should be somewhat like home????
Wendy

disallday!
02-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Besty... We will be leaving three hrs. behind u, if u guys change your mind & decide to stop in Jacksonville (it's less than an hour from Ga state line) let me know! Port C is @ a 3 hr. drive from Jacksonville! :woohoo:

Wendy... Good idea on the sign! Besty will be happy to hear that I have been working on my own! It does take some time! I clicked on yahoo images and typed different Disney characters, it's neat what came up!

And to all.... We're getting closer to the 10 month countdown :yay:

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! (Heard that song on the way to work this a.m., can't get the Pointer Sisters outta my head) Thought about the cruise!!!! :rockband:

I hope I'm not scaring anyone away :scared:

mandymouse
02-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone

I am so impressed that you are already working on the design of your door magnets. When I get round to doing one, it will have to include Captain Jack Sparrow and I'll adopt the 'Threadkillers Cruise' into it somewhere

Wendy, what deck are you on ? Most of us are around 6 or 7, I'm deck 6, midship, stateroom # 6060 and we're on the early dining seating - what have you booked ?

It's great that even though it is so far away, we're all so excited about it

See ya

disallday!
02-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi Mandy :wave:

I found some neat Pirates of the Caribbean pictures on Yahoo! If you want me to send them to you let me know. If you have MS word or publisher, it's pretty easy to get it together! :wizard:

sunny_medford
02-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Okay, I dug out the confirmation papers. I have them hidden as this trip is THE christmas present for our kids this year. We're not telling them until at least Nov. (the 18 yr/o already knows, she will be at college so I had to make sure the dates were ok.) Anyway, we are on deck 8 cabin 8050, and M-I-L and 18 yr/o are across the hall. I figure if you guys turn up the music loud enough I should be able to enjoy it too! :dancer:
We have requested early seating, I was tempted to change thinking it might be less hectic later but my children are usually in bed at 8 or 8:30 at the latest so eating at that time?!!! Not really an option. I'm looking forward to trying the pizzaria and plutos dog house, The kids will appreciate it. :)
Does anyone have any info on laundry or more specifically pressing sevices? Packing for the trip, unpacking at WDW, repacking and then unpacking on the ship.....wrinkle heaven!!
Wendy

mandymouse
02-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi Wendy

here's a bit of info on the laundry services

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=869237&highlight=laundry+costs

and there are also laundry rooms where you can wash/dry and iron your clothes

Hope that helps

sunny_medford
02-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks Mandy,
the laundry link is perfect.
:sulley: Cora, my youngest, and I just finished watching Monsters Inc. :sulley:

disallday!
02-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Hello everyone! Today is my DS 13th birthday! Scary to think he will be driving in a few years! :car:

party:

Robin.. you've been pretty quiet! Hope u r doing well! :)

mandymouse
02-03-2006, 10:26 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/5.gif

Happy 13th Birthday Kelly's Son , Hope You Have a Great Day !!

Mandy & Family xx

Cruisin
02-03-2006, 02:03 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/5.gif

Happy 13th Birthday Kelly's Son , Hope You Have a Great Day !!

Mandy & Family xx

I'm going to steal Mandy's graphics and also send my best happy birthday wishes to your son. A teenager :yay: , have fun :smooth:

Kelly, I'm doing just fine. The weathers been pretty nice lately, I've been enjoying that. I live in Ontario, Canada about one hour from Detroit Michigan. We had lots of snow in mid December but it all melted after a few weeks and we've had basically none that lasted longer than 24 hours since then. I love this kind of winter :woohoo:

I've been busy planning our next Florida vacation. We are leaving on April 22 and returning on May 1. We probably won't be doing any parks but will maybe check out the waterparks and tour some resorts, that kind of thing. Just me and my husband. We are going down to spend half of the time at a remote control airplane show in Lakeland Florida with a few days before being spent in the Disney/Orlando area. So I've been looking for flights, checking room prices that that kind of thing.

Anybody got any ideas of different things to do in that area?

I've also been busy appliance shopping since we are in the market for a few new appliances. I think I've almost got that straightened out, at last :rolleyes:

Hygiene99
02-03-2006, 04:49 PM
:wave2: Hi Kelly, I am shocked at how many people have booked this cruise so early. I think it's going to be party time up on Deck 7, I best be invited as I'll be on Deck 6 listening to it :rotfl: :rotfl:
http://www.cruisetoberfest.com/phpBB2/images/avatars//15727902843d9189730a8f.gif

Hi everyone, We have decided to surprise our nieces & Nephew 4 kids in total, with a DCl Cruise for next Christmas. ok it will be hard since we will have to have passports.. 3 girls.. Ages 13, 12, 12 Yip Twins. one 14 yr. old boy.

Ten Disney Cruises And We have Dined @ Palo (almost) EVERYTIME...
went 4 times on the last cruise and that was just dinner.. and we did the other stuff there as well...It is A Step above the Regular dining Food..

We have not booked yet..

Taking 4 kids on a cruise is not cheap.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Cruisin
02-03-2006, 11:37 PM
http://www.cruisetoberfest.com/phpBB2/images/avatars//15727902843d9189730a8f.gif

Hi everyone, We have decided to surprise our nieces & Nephew 4 kids in total, with a DCl Cruise for next Christmas. ok it will be hard since we will have to have passports.. 3 girls.. Ages 13, 12, 12 Yip Twins. one 14 yr. old boy.

Ten Disney Cruises And We have Dined @ Palo (almost) EVERYTIME...
went 4 times on the last cruise and that was just dinner.. and we did the other stuff there as well...It is A Step above the Regular dining Food..

We have not booked yet..

Taking 4 kids on a cruise is not cheap.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:wave: Happy to have you sailing with us :teeth:

sunny_medford
02-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Welcome!!
This group is like a big, happy family! Many experienced cruisers, such as yourself, and a few of us newer ones as well. We, too, are bringing kids along for the trip, 18, 9, &6 at the time of cruising. We are TRYING to keep it a secret but it is sooo hard.
Looking forward to getting to know you over the next 10 months!

Also, happy belated birthday to Kelly's son. Hope your day was wonderful!!

Wendy

Cruisin
02-04-2006, 04:43 PM
:boat:

Dalpal
02-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Good Morning :sunny:

Just checking in...to see if there are any new plans....

Umm how about a ??

What is the first thing you would like to do after you get settled in your room...????

..........besides meet all of us of course :teeth:

:wave: Have a good Sunday everyone

sunny_medford
02-05-2006, 08:11 AM
What is the first thing you would like to do after you get settled in your room...????see my luggage???

mandymouse
02-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone

I've just got home from a shopping weekend away (it was Kerry's birthday treat, and we took some of her friends with us), we had a great time, and I'll show you something that I bought

http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/StoreImages/ProductImages/416018519807_th.jpg

It's great that we've got another cruiser joining us, :wave2: Hi Hygiene99, it's nice to meet you.

What is the first thing you would like to do after you get settled in your room...???? We like to go up on top deck for a Bahama Mama

Hygiene99
02-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone

I've just got home from a shopping weekend away (it was Kerry's birthday treat, and we took some of her friends with us), we had a great time, and I'll show you something that I bought

http://disneystore-shopping.disney.co.uk/StoreImages/ProductImages/416018519807_th.jpg

It's great that we've got another cruiser joining us, :wave2: Hi Hygiene99, it's nice to meet you.

What is the first thing you would like to do after you get settled in your room...???? We like to go up on top deck for a Bahama Mama

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the warm Welcome... :sunny: :sunny:

We enjoy the Pool.. for a bit .. :woohoo:

Cruisin
02-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Good Morning :sunny:

Just checking in...to see if there are any new plans....

Umm how about a ??

What is the first thing you would like to do after you get settled in your room...????

..........besides meet all of us of course :teeth:

:wave: Have a good Sunday everyone

Well the first thing we do when we get on the ship is head for the lunch buffet :woohoo:

Then we wander around until 1:30 when the cabins are ready. :cool1:

The Wonder will have been in drydock I believe this year, so we would check out the new improvements made during that time.

AFTER we have been to our cabin :confused3 . I don't know, head out on deck and enjoy the sunshine :sunny: (hopefully at least)

sunny_medford
02-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Yesturday it was SUNNY here and nearly 45 degrees. :sunny: It's usually about 15-20 degrees in Feb. Must be because I can't stop thinking about trip. :crazy:
Has anyone done the Rainforest room thing at the spa? I was hoping for some kind of review and wondering if it's something we can do as a family?
Wendy pooh:

Cruisin
02-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Has anyone done the Rainforest room thing at the spa? I was hoping for some kind of review and wondering if it's something we can do as a family?
Wendy pooh:

I have never actually DONE the Rainforest room but I have checked it out a couple of times. :teeth: It looks like something I might enjoy doing.

The spa is an Adult only area, so nobody under the age of 18 is allowed to use the spa.

Dalpal
02-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I have never actually DONE the Rainforest room but I have checked it out a couple of times. :teeth: It looks like something I might enjoy doing.

The spa is an Adult only area, so nobody under the age of 18 is allowed to use the spa.

This sounds vary cool!....Does it cost?...Can you just walk in?..Do you have to make res. for it?

:teeth:

Cruisin
02-06-2006, 09:24 AM
This sounds vary cool!....Does it cost?...Can you just walk in?..Do you have to make res. for it?

:teeth:

It does look very cool. They have these heated tiled cement loungers that just feel heavenly, even through all of my clothes :teeth: There are different showers and saunas with different scents. The peaceful sound of fountains running. Aw, maybe I just will find that time to go this cruise. I've always wanted to.

Yes there is a cost involved.. I seem to remember that it was $15.00 a day for unlimited amount of time during that day or there was a package deal for the whole cruise time. You can come and go as you please during that day.

We went in for a look during the first afternoon onboard before the spa was open for guest use. We also looked in there on our sea day when we took my parents to the exercise room so they could look down into the bridge area. There was absolutely no one in the Rainforest Room at that time.

disallday!
02-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey everyone! :thumbsup2 Hope everyone had a great wknd! :banana:

Very cute gift, mandy, i'm sure you guys had a great time shopping!! :cloud9:

Great to hear all is well, Robin! I'm hearing pretty good things about the Animal Kingdom Resort... I think the room may be a little $$$, but well worth the view if you get a balcony. We are looking into it after the cruise. :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for the Happy Birthday wishes for my DS! He was excited to hear about more kids close to his age going! Our group has a (oldest - youngest) 13 y/o, 2 - 12 y/o, 10 y/o, 8 y/o, & 6 y/o!

What is the first thing you would like to do after you get settled in your room...???? Mingle with the crowd! :yay:

WELCOME ABOARD, Hygiene99! :wave:

sunny_medford
02-06-2006, 02:01 PM
meet and mingle in the rainforest room?
I'm definately going to at least get a day pass for that place. I was hoping my dd could enjoy it too, but she'll just have to find SOMETHING else to do for a little while so I can do this. :cutie:
The last time DH and I went on a cruise my M-I-L had to give DD a maniure, pedicure and facial at home. She loves that stuff. She's kinda high maintenance for a 5 y/o. :tink: Anyway, I am doing the rainforest room this cruise!
Wendy :sunny:

mandymouse
02-07-2006, 09:07 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Woohoo, 11 Months to go !!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

madmouse91
02-07-2006, 09:57 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Woohoo, 11 Months to go !!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

:woohoo: YAY :woohoo:

disallday!
02-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Right there with you guys! Doing the 11 month countdown dance!
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Anybody dressing up for 70's disco night at Wavebands?

Cruisin
02-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Right there with you guys! Doing the 11 month countdown dance!
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

:woohoo: :cheer2: :woohoo:

QueenTriton
02-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Add us to the list. Me, DH, DD(9) and DS(6) are booked. This will be our second Wonder cruise.

After we get settled, we grab a drink and wander around....

disallday!
02-07-2006, 02:08 PM
:wave: Welcome QueenTriton! Glad to have all you guys with us! :thumbsup2

sunny_medford
02-07-2006, 02:19 PM
we caught another,.... quick reel her in before she gets away!! :banana:

:welcome: Welcome Queen Triton, you'll enjoy this group, helpful, friendly and a little foolish too.

I started collecting Disney themed items to send a package to each of my clhildren on the ship. I read in another thread that if you send it early, it'll be waiting in your cabin when you get there. (in some cases, after dinner) I just thought a new beach towel and bathing suit would be cute, maybe a few of their fav snacks, like peanut butter crackers and m&m's. Anyone else sending stuff ahead?

11 months.....sounds like forever. :hourglass but I know that come Sept, the time will fly by. :dumbo:

disallday!
02-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi Wendy :wave2:

That's sounds alot better than sending a pre-arrainged basket. This way I can personalize it! Thanks for the idea! :cheer2:

sunny_medford
02-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I went back thru the thread to get the address in case anyone was interested. It's good for things that you might be willing to leave behind or will use up. Again, I'm gonna include a few "special" items for the kids to surprise them.

IDS Warehouse/Disney Cruise Line
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

lower left corner include the following information:
Name (use the registered name)
stateroom #
sailing date
vessel name
box # (i.e. 1 of 2 or 3 of 3 etc)

The post office sells disney themed boxes...but the people commenting they sent packages successfully raved about fed ex

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :jumping3: :jumping2:

mandymouse
02-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi Queen Triton, welcome aboard, I'm Mandy (from the UK) and if you have a spare hour or two, please read all our previous posts and try to get to know us a little. :rotfl: :rotfl: If you have any fun Disney questions, then please post, so we can all get to know each other a little better.

Kelly, hubby & I have never tried out the night clubs, though I think we would like to. As for dressing up, I didn't like the fashions first time round, so I don't think I'll bother :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

disallday!
02-07-2006, 04:10 PM
:hippie: We didn't dress up but everyone had fun! :banana: I was reading another thread & saw a drink i've never heard of.... a tropical depression (i think that's what it was) sounds pretty good! :thumbsup2

Cruisin
02-07-2006, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't dress up either but I do enjoy going out to the nightclubs in the evenings. I'm not a drinker nor a dancer but I enjoy watching everyone else and listening to the music.

There are also other surprise things that go on in the nightclubs that are a lot of fun :smooth:

Cruisin
02-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Oops, forgot to add..........

Welcome aboard to Queen Triton and family

QueenTriton
02-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Hygiene99
02-07-2006, 10:16 PM
I went back thru the thread to get the address in case anyone was interested. It's good for things that you might be willing to leave behind or will use up. Again, I'm gonna include a few "special" items for the kids to surprise them.

IDS Warehouse/Disney Cruise Line
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

lower left corner include the following information:
Name (use the registered name)
stateroom #
sailing date
vessel name
box # (i.e. 1 of 2 or 3 of 3 etc)

The post office sells disney themed boxes...but the people commenting they sent packages successfully raved about fed ex

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :jumping3: :jumping2:
Welcome QueenTriton :sunny:

Is the shippping Still allowed ?? had heard they discontinued this ???
Correct me if im wrong ?? :badpc:

Peter

sunny_medford
02-08-2006, 07:16 AM
I'll try to check on this today and let you all know for sure when I find out.
I hope they haven't discontinued this, besides little treasures for the kids, I was going to send out my son's over the counter, disposable, medical supplies. I didn't want an extra carryon size bag to deal with. I was just gonna pack enough in his regular carryon to get us to the ship. :guilty:
Anyway, I'll see what I can find out.
Wendy :dumbo:

disallday!
02-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I wouldn't dress up either but I do enjoy going out to the nightclubs in the evenings. I'm not a drinker nor a dancer but I enjoy watching everyone else and listening to the music.

There are also other surprise things that go on in the nightclubs that are a lot of fun :smooth:

Looks like we've got our work cut out for us! I'm personally making it my mission on this cruise to get u out on the dance floor, Robin :banana:
Even if it's for 5 secs..... Go Robin! :cool1:

Yeah!!! Officially less than 11 months to go: :cloud9:

Dalpal
02-08-2006, 08:43 AM
QueenTriton,

I see all these fine people have welcomed you to our 01/07/07 cruise thread!
Im so glad you found us!... :welcome:

We all seem to be taking up the rooms on deck 6, 7, and 8.....are you joining us on one of those decks?....or are we adding a deck to the fun?....If we get enough people, the whole ship will be one big DIS board party :woohoo:
We have already agreed to let the Capt. and crew have there space on the ship...because I just dont know how to steer a ship that size and SOMEONE has to bring us our drinks and entertain us :teeth:

This cruise is going to be so fun...
Cant wait to meet all of you in person!.....

and I really want to see that rainforest area in the spa too....I normally dont care about the spa or gym...but Ive been using a treadmill and I will probably want to continue on the cruise....

Has anyone seen the new Bambi?....My DGKs want me to buy it...but I dont normally get the IIs...but if its good I might... ;)

Well have a good day all.... :wave2:

Cruisin
02-08-2006, 02:00 PM
I normally dont care about the spa or gym...but Ive been using a treadmill and I will probably want to continue on the cruise....

You won't need the treadmill Betsy, that's what Deck 4 if for :smooth: I'm sure you can find some company while you walk around the ship a few times everyday. Just call me, I'll be glad to come along. :cool1:

Dalpal
02-08-2006, 03:38 PM
OK...Robin,
You have a deal... :thumbsup2
Two times around the ship ...and then we have to stop and have a milkshake or something else BAD! :cool1:

mandymouse
02-08-2006, 05:25 PM
You won't need the treadmill Betsy, that's what Deck 4 if for :smooth: I'm sure you can find some company while you walk around the ship a few times everyday. Just call me, I'll be glad to come along. :cool1:

I can hosestly say that the only exercise I'll be getting on board is from my stateroom to deck 9 for the buffet for breakfast :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Cruisin
02-08-2006, 07:14 PM
OK...Robin,
You have a deal... :thumbsup2
Two times around the ship ...and then we have to stop and have a milkshake or something else BAD! :cool1:

I can hosestly say that the only exercise I'll be getting on board is from my stateroom to deck 9 for the buffet for breakfast

Okay Betsy but we really should remember how much weight we have lost and at least walk around the ship 4 or 5 times :smooth:

THEN we can go and have breakfast buffet with Mandy :p

Dalpal
02-08-2006, 08:35 PM
:idea: I have an idea!.....:teleport: How about four or five times around the breakfast buffet.....then taking a snooze on the stone loungers :rotfl:

mandymouse
02-09-2006, 02:06 AM
:idea: I have an idea!.....:teleport: How about four or five times around the breakfast buffet.....then taking a snooze on the stone loungers :rotfl:

You can count me in :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

QueenTriton
02-09-2006, 01:11 PM
We're on deck 5 in a SPH room.
I can't decide if I'll tell the kids ahead or make it a Christmas present...
My exercise usually consists of taking the stairs to the drink station to get more Diet Coke for my rum

Cruisin
02-09-2006, 01:14 PM
You can count me in :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Now THAT sounds like a good idea :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Cruisin
02-09-2006, 01:16 PM
We're on deck 5 in a SPH room.
I can't decide if I'll tell the kids ahead or make it a Christmas present...
My exercise usually consists of taking the stairs to the drink station to get more Diet Coke for my rum

I don't know about keeping it as a present.

To me half of the fun is in the anticipation of the event.

Maybe you can tell them later towards the end of the year, if you don't want them pestering you about it for almost a whole year :teeth:

mandymouse
02-09-2006, 01:22 PM

Queen triton, you are so going to fit in :rotfl2:

BTW - I think that's a brilliant Christmas present (if you manage to keep it quiet that long)

Cruisin
02-09-2006, 08:35 PM
:faint: Just got home from dance classes. I'm getting too old for this nonsense :rolleyes:

Not really but my tap dance teacher is a drill seargeant :rotfl2: He's fun though :dancer:

mandymouse
02-10-2006, 06:26 AM
Not really but my tap dance teacher is a drill seargeant :rotfl2: He's fun though :dancer:

OMG, I just mis-read that, I thought it said 'lap' dance :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: (wow !! this could've been one very interesting cruise :lmao: :lmao: )

Dalpal
02-10-2006, 08:28 AM
OMG, I just mis-read that, I thought it said 'lap' dance :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: (wow !! this could've been one very interesting cruise :lmao: :lmao: )

:lmao:

:rotfl2: AND thoses would be very interesting classes...... :rotfl:

Cruisin
02-10-2006, 08:44 AM

ummm, if you've seen me, you'd know that not very many people would appreciate that concept :lmao:

Cruisin
02-10-2006, 08:46 AM
:lmao:

:rotfl2: AND thoses would be very interesting classes...... :rotfl:

You do have a point there :rotfl:

My tap dance (and my hip hop dance) classes are held in a church :scared1:

Might be interesting trying to explain those other kinds of classes to anybody walking by down the hall :rolleyes1

sunny_medford
02-10-2006, 03:01 PM
You guys are sooo funny!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I was laughing right out loud.

I'm up for a little LITE exercising on the ship if you guys are, I know my DH will not sacrifice his naps for exercise. I take 2 martial arts classes a week plus play volleyball one night, and if I don't do something while we're gone, I'll surely pay for it when we get back!! :crazy:

I was tempted to plan a character meal in Disney World while we were there but now I'm reconsidering....do you think it's worth it, especially since we'll be headed on the cruise right after? My dd princess: (5 now) would love it, but my ds pirate: (8) will have mixed feelings about it.

Wendy :cat:

Cruisin
02-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Wendy, I have never done a character meal before so I can't help you there.

I know on the ships there are lots of opportunities to see the characters. I've been sitting out on Dec 4 before and had them just stroll casually by. Once it was Mickey and Minnie and another time I had Peter Pan go strolling by. :cool1:

mandymouse
02-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I was tempted to plan a character meal in Disney World while we were there but now I'm reconsidering....do you think it's worth it, especially since we'll be headed on the cruise right after? My dd princess: (5 now) would love it, but my ds pirate: (8) will have mixed feelings about it. Wendy :cat:

We LOVE character breakfasts and I would totally recommend Chef Mickey's, it's great for boys and girls, and there are loads of characters like Minnie, Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Chip & Dale. I guess it depends on what kind of food you like. At Chef Mickeys it is a buffet and you just go up and help yourself and the characters come around to your table. If your family are into Pooh and Friends, then the buffet at the Crystal Palace is pretty much the same but with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet coming round. When we go back I want to go to breakfast with Lilo & Stitch for my brithday, but we've never been to the Polynesian so I can't comment on that.

Hygiene99
02-12-2006, 08:13 AM
just a bump from page 2 GM all and the snow keeps falling must have a foot of fresh Snow on the Ground..

I need a cruise !!! no vacation until September for us..

Have been watching Ding Fares to get to Chicago for a midwest meet..

and so far looks like it will be about 80 bucks R/t per person..

really need to watch the fares for this trip if anyone sees any Delta/ song or Jet blue Sales let me know..

Need tickets for 8, 6 for us and 2 for Jenns parents..

can use SW but it is Better to go from Boston.

sunny_medford
02-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I was searched a topic and came across the "threadkillers" thread. I'm gonna post a reply here, I'm a little shy! :angel:
Anyway, if you decide to change the countertop, my husband would also agree that solid surface is nice but he reccommends the faux stuff. DH has worked in the family's building supply store for 20+ years and took over the business 3 yrs ago. He often gets asked for his opinions on redoing kitchens. Many times people are willing to pay big $$'s for Corian countertop but cut corners by ordering cheaper cabinets...he says if anything, do it the other way around, the good cabinets with cheaper countertop. (but not too cheap)
The faux granite like ones will probably last until your ready to change the colors in your kitchen again. Many people get tired of the color of their kitchen w/in 10 years and changing the countertop and paint is an easy way to update. And a nice wood REAL wood cabinet can work for anyones taste.

We will be breaking ground for our new house next year. We just bought our neighbors lot so now we have 2 wells and eptics, but neither of which is where our new house will be....we have 50 acres total. I put the new house on hold so we could go on this vacation, also our oldest will start college in the fall.(nursing)
I'll be intersted to find out how things go with your kitchen.
Oh, we have real granite in the bathroom..the sink vanity, and when it gets wet, it stains, it eventually dries up and goes away, but it doesn't just wipe away, something else to think about.
Good Luck

Cruisin
02-12-2006, 12:40 PM
I was searched a topic and came across the "threadkillers" thread. I'm gonna post a reply here, I'm a little shy! :angel:
Anyway, if you decide to change the countertop, my husband would also agree that solid surface is nice but he reccommends the faux stuff. DH has worked in the family's building supply store for 20+ years and took over the business 3 yrs ago. He often gets asked for his opinions on redoing kitchens. Many times people are willing to pay big $$'s for Corian countertop but cut corners by ordering cheaper cabinets...he says if anything, do it the other way around, the good cabinets with cheaper countertop. (but not too cheap)
The faux granite like ones will probably last until your ready to change the colors in your kitchen again. Many people get tired of the color of their kitchen w/in 10 years and changing the countertop and paint is an easy way to update. And a nice wood REAL wood cabinet can work for anyones taste.

We will be breaking ground for our new house next year. We just bought our neighbors lot so now we have 2 wells and eptics, but neither of which is where our new house will be....we have 50 acres total. I put the new house on hold so we could go on this vacation, also our oldest will start college in the fall.(nursing)
I'll be intersted to find out how things go with your kitchen.
Oh, we have real granite in the bathroom..the sink vanity, and when it gets wet, it stains, it eventually dries up and goes away, but it doesn't just wipe away, something else to think about.
Good Luck

Hey Wendy, don't be shy about posting on the threadkillers thread. We'd be glad to have you come over and stay with us. We're pretty much a friendly bunch :teeth: Just jump right in and post.

Betsy and I will be there to help you along :smooth:

So did you see the pictures of my kitchen when you were on there? I'm willing to listen to any and all suggestions that anybody has to offer. Thanks for your tips (and of course you're husbands help too)

I have 2 kids in college right now. The oldest one, my son Alex has completed his nursing program and is now finishing up his paramedic program. He's going to be well set for the future, at least that's what we're hoping. ::yes::

My daughter, Elizabeth or Liz, is just starting her nursing program this year.

Cruisin
02-12-2006, 12:44 PM
just a bump from page 2 GM all and the snow keeps falling must have a foot of fresh Snow on the Ground..

I need a cruise !!! no vacation until September for us..

Have been watching Ding Fares to get to Chicago for a midwest meet..

and so far looks like it will be about 80 bucks R/t per person..

really need to watch the fares for this trip if anyone sees any Delta/ song or Jet blue Sales let me know..

Need tickets for 8, 6 for us and 2 for Jenns parents..

can use SW but it is Better to go from Boston.

We will most likely to flying down for this cruise too. It takes us 2 days to drive down. We are in Ontario just about one hour from the Detroit/Windsor border. The total driving time is about 19 hours without any stops at all, but we do it with one overnight stay. We are too old to travel that distance without a rest in the middle ;)

We always fly out of Detroit, Michigan. For our trip this April we are flying AirTran. I've never flown them before but I sent the kids home on AirTran from Orlando in January and they said it was okay. We drove down that time and the kids needed to be back in time for college starting up in January and the rest of us went on a Disney Cruise :woohoo:

Good luck with your flight search.

Kay06
02-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Hey!! I'll be joining all of you princess: ! Sunny Medford (Wendy) is my step-mother. I can't wait to go, it otta be a good time!! :wave2:

Cruisin
02-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Hey!! I'll be joining all of you princess: ! Sunny Medford (Wendy) is my step-mother. I can't wait to go, it otta be a good time!! :wave2:

Welcome aboard Kay06, glad to have you sailing with us :)

Oh and WELCOME to the DISboards

:welcome:

Kay06
02-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Welcome aboard Kay06, glad to have you sailing with us :)

Oh and WELCOME to the DISboards

:welcome:

Thank you so much for the welcome!!! :sunny:
Anyone else, around my age going to be there, I'll be 18 by then!! :goodvibes

Cruisin
02-12-2006, 11:16 PM

Well, I have a daughter who will be 19 at that time and she would absolutely LOVE to come but unfortunately she has to stay home and go to school ;)

mandymouse
02-13-2006, 02:55 AM

:welcome: Welcome aboard Kay, I'm sorry but my girls will be nearly 16 and 13 on the cruise, but we look forward to seeing you onboard :)

Dalpal
02-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Kay06,
Hiya! :wave:
and welcome aboard!....Its just my DH and myself going....but even if you dont finds others your age,....

You can hang with all us DIS people :thumbsup2 .....were not too bad :hippie:

.....for adults ;) :rotfl:

Hygiene99
02-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Dont we wish....
Sorry more than twice your age.

But :welcome: aboard..

sunny_medford
02-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, I'm glad to see you have all met Kayla. She's a good girl. She registered for the DIS yesturday and has been quite busy trying to find someone around her age going in Jan. She's had fun on the teen boards with some of the games they play there. We haven't told the younger kids about the trip yet as it's too far away to tempt them with it. We had to tell her due to her classes and all. She seems to be quite excited and if she thinks it'll be fun, I know the younger ones will be on :cloud9: !!!

I forgot my dd's valentines party at preschool was today so at 5:30 this morning I was up helping her make valentines and molding chocolate hearts for her classmates. I was good and only sampled one. (and that one was deformed)
Happy Valentines Day everybody!!

disallday!
02-14-2006, 10:14 AM
:lovestruc Happy Valentine's Day, Everybody:lovestruc

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Welcome Aboard, Kay06

Dalpal
02-14-2006, 10:25 AM

Happy Valentine's Day!... :love:

mandymouse
02-14-2006, 11:36 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/valentine1/9.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/valentine1/6.gif

Happy Valentines Day Everyone !!

:love: Hope you all have a lovely day :love:

sunny_medford
02-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Okay, I've got kind of a silly question, Im afraid of how silly I might look if I don't ask it. I understand the rotational dining thing for dinner in the evening., but what about breakfast and lunch. Just go wherever you want for those meals? anybody got any favorites for breakfast? Everyone in my family is big on breakfast foods except me. I really like fruit and a croissant or scone, but again, everyone else loves everything about breakfast.

I think the kids are starting to suspect something, I spend too much time checking out the stuff at WDW and also the cruiseline. They're always commenting on something they see on my computer screen...I'm getting really good at acting stupid about it though!I guess that just comes naturally to some of us. :confused3

Kay06
02-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Well, I'm glad to see you have all met Kayla. She's a good girl. She registered for the DIS yesturday and has been quite busy trying to find someone around her age going in Jan. She's had fun on the teen boards with some of the games they play there. We haven't told the younger kids about the trip yet as it's too far away to tempt them with it. We had to tell her due to her classes and all. She seems to be quite excited and if she thinks it'll be fun, I know the younger ones will be on :cloud9: !!!

I forgot my dd's valentines party at preschool was today so at 5:30 this morning I was up helping her make valentines and molding chocolate hearts for her classmates. I was good and only sampled one. (and that one was deformed)
Happy Valentines Day everybody!!

They are going to find out!! Everytime they go over to your computer your looking at stuff. :surfweb: You gotta remember how smart your children are :) ! I was looking up stuff you can do while on the cruise today.. and i need to stop that, because its only making me want to go more.. and well its much to far away to, and too long of a wait to be this excited! :teeth:

Everyone! Thank you so much for the welcome! :wave2: I look forward to January!! :woohoo:

mandymouse
02-15-2006, 02:29 AM
Okay, I've got kind of a silly question, Im afraid of how silly I might look if I don't ask it. I understand the rotational dining thing for dinner in the evening., but what about breakfast and lunch. Just go wherever you want for those meals? anybody got any favorites for breakfast? Everyone in my family is big on breakfast foods except me. I really like fruit and a croissant or scone, but again, everyone else loves everything about breakfast. Wendy :sunny:

I know that you can go to some of the restaurants for a sit down breakfast, but we always go to the Beach Blanket Buffet for both breakfast and lunch, where you can help yourself to hot and cold food. I think that one of the restaurants is open for lunch too, but we've never used them

sunny_medford
02-15-2006, 07:39 AM
They are going to find out!! Everytime they go over to your computer your looking at stuff. :surfweb: You gotta remember how smart your children are :) ! I was looking up stuff you can do while on the cruise today.. and i need to stop that, because its only making me want to go more.. and well its much to far away to, and too long of a wait to be this excited! :teeth:

Seems funny having you and I responding to the same threads....Your all grown up now. I think I'm gonna get a little "teary-eyed". :guilty:

Believe me, I get a wake up call at least once a week at how very smart each of you kids really are!!
NOW GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!

disallday!
02-15-2006, 08:30 AM
We did the same thing as Mandy except we ate one morning at Parrot Cay, it was nice for a change. We were seated next to a chef who made delicious omlets right there. He put on a pretty neat show flipping the pan and food around! :thumbsup2

Beach Blanket Buffet was buffet style and great when u r in a hurry! There is a great variety for breakfast (cereals, fruits, oatmeal, eggs, sausages, etc) in each place!

We ate lunch at Castaway Cay's Cookies and at the Blue Lagoon Beach for the Nassau excursion. One thing I can't complain about is the food we ate :p

I think you are going to end up spilling the beans, Wendy! Maybe the Easter bunny will spread the news! :smooth:

Cruisin
02-15-2006, 09:28 AM
We tend to eat our breakfasts and lunches at Beach Blanket Buffet. There usually is good food there.

The breakfast seems to be the same every morning but there is a nice variety and you can get custom made omelets if you want. I also read that someone asked at the omelet station for plain fried eggs and was accommodated with that too. We did eat in the dining room one morning on our last cruise just to see the difference. It was okay too.

The lunch in the buffet changes in "theme" on a daily basis, so the food is different each day.

Usually if you look outside the restaurant or the BBB there is a menu posted for the meal that is being served at that time. If you don't like the posted menu in one, try looking at the other.

If you don't like either then I guess you get Pizza, or chicken fingers, or chicken burgers, or bratwursts or ice cream, or whatever else is available on deck......... OR room service ;)

Dalpal
02-15-2006, 10:30 AM
We tend to eat our breakfasts and lunches at Beach Blanket Buffet. There usually is good food there.

The breakfast seems to be the same every morning but there is a nice variety and you can get custom made omelets if you want. I also read that someone asked at the omelet station for plain fried eggs and was accommodated with that too. We did eat in the dining room one morning on our last cruise just to see the difference. It was okay too.

The lunch in the buffet changes in "theme" on a daily basis, so the food is different each day.

Usually if you look outside the restaurant or the BBB there is a menu posted for the meal that is being served at that time. If you don't like the posted menu in one, try looking at the other.

If you don't like either then I guess you get Pizza, or chicken fingers, or chicken burgers, or bratwursts or ice cream, or whatever else is available on deck......... OR room service ;)

We dont eat a big breakfast and normally get up quite early..So I used room service for our coffee... :love: Cant wait to sit on the Bal. with my morning coffee :cloud9:

mandymouse
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Cant wait to sit on the Bal. with my morning coffee :cloud9:

.... and the best thing is that we will only have to lean over our verandahs to see each other as you're only 10 rooms away (here's a practice wave :wave2: - LOL)

disallday!
02-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Mandy... I just can't help myself! :confused3 Had to post about the cruise! :rotfl2:

Okay... besides posting on this thread, what else has everyone done to prepare for the cruise here lately?

Me.... started on passports (ew, you should see my picture) :lmao:

disallday!
02-15-2006, 02:50 PM
P. S. Mandy... in regards to the "G".... where is your mind! Must have been the Valentines! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dalpal
02-15-2006, 03:52 PM
.... and the best thing is that we will only have to lean over our verandahs to see each other as you're only 10 rooms away (here's a practice wave :wave2: - LOL)

Right back at ya :wave: :rotfl2:

mandymouse
02-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Okay... besides posting on this thread, what else has everyone done to prepare for the cruise here lately?

Thanks Kelly, that has just reminded me that I must renew my passport this year. So far the only thing that I have done for the cruise is buy myself a nice black dress and a couple of dresses for the girls.

At the weekend we had the confirmation of the cruise sent from DCL, and in the letter was a postcard from Mickey & Minnie saying that they were looking forward to seeing us - I thought it was a lovely touch, considering they were reminding me of how much I owed :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BTW - I did laugh at the 'G' that I added to the String on the word association game, and no it was nothing to do with Valentines Day as big Bridget Jones pants are more likely around here :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Cruisin
02-15-2006, 11:29 PM
:surfweb:

disallday!
02-16-2006, 09:25 AM
BTW - I did laugh at the 'G' that I added to the String on the word association game, and no it was nothing to do with Valentines Day as big Bridget Jones pants are more likely around here :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Too cute!

Cruisin
02-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Good day all.

Been a busy day for me, eye doctors appointments, work.

We are having a thunderstorm this afternoon. All the better to melt those waist deep piles of snow in the backyard :umbrella:

I got that mailing today too with the postcard in it. :cheer2:

disallday!
02-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey Robin :wave:

It's a beautiful day here, sunny and 70. This is not normal... we have a chance for snow within the next 36 hrs. i think!

Hope all is well! I'm excited... tonite, our family is having a b-day dinner and the topic on the side is the great and almighty DW :cool1: :cool1:

Have a great day!

Cruisin
02-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey Robin :wave:

It's a beautiful day here, sunny and 70. This is not normal... we have a chance for snow within the next 36 hrs. i think!

Hope all is well! I'm excited... tonite, our family is having a b-day dinner and the topic on the side is the great and almighty DW :cool1: :cool1:

Have a great day!

I'm glad that you are having a beautiful day there. Yesterday was like that here. Nice and warm , not really sunny but an all around nice day.

Today is not your typical Canadian winter day either :smooth: I'm not complaining though because I will take this weather over blizzards anyday. Actually where I am we don't tend to have a really severe winter. We get snow, yes and sometimes quite a lot of snow but it usually is here one day and gone in a day or 2. We also can get very cold temperatures at times.

Enjoy your dinner and your conversation.

I will be going to my famous dance class tonight (NOT the lap dance class either ;) ). Just tap class tonight, no hip hop because the hip hop teacher left today to go to Florida :teeth:

Hygiene99
02-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi Everyone, Who would have thought !! taking 4 kids out of school for 4 days is so hard !! :rotfl2:

After phone calls to powers that be at the Respective schools. pixiedust:

We have been Forced to change the date of the Cruise.. :eek:

You all have a Great cruise !!! :thumbsup2 :grouphug:

Peter

sunny_medford
02-16-2006, 06:46 PM
PETER-
:( Sorry to here you will not be joining us. I haven't discussed our dates with my kids teachers yet. They attend public school and many of the teachers take vacations during the school year when their spouses place of work has shutdowns for vacations. Anyway,...you'll be missed from this group but I wish you well and hope whenever you get to go that the seas are calm and weather is perfect.

sunny_medford
02-16-2006, 06:50 PM
KELLY-

Poppa Roach..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I pronounce them (poppa & papa) the same so I completely got that!! :lmao:

Hygiene99
02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
PETER-
:( Sorry to here you will not be joining us. I haven't discussed our dates with my kids teachers yet. They attend public school and many of the teachers take vacations during the school year when their spouses place of work has shutdowns for vacations. Anyway,...you'll be missed from this group but I wish you well and hope whenever you get to go that the seas are calm and weather is perfect.

Thanks your neighbors to the south. :teeth:

mandymouse
02-17-2006, 04:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you won't be joining us on the cruise Peter, I hope that you manage to change your dates and have a great time on your cruise

Cruisin
02-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Hygiene99 ~~ sorry to hear that you won't be joining us after all.

Good luck with booking a cruise that better suits everyones schedules.

disallday!
02-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Peter... hope somehow you guys can get back onboard with us! So sorry :worried:

Wendy.. glad u got that! i felt like a scolded child! i'm sure it wasn't met that way :)

Robin.. how was your lap dance lessons, between the lap dance and Mandy's "G", things have been getting interesting here :lmao: :lmao:

I'm sure this will excite you guys, but, we all picked out our matching hawaiian clothes last nite at the family get-together. Just another thing associated with the cruise to get me bouncing off the walls! :hyper:

Cruisin
02-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Kelly, my TAP dancing class was great.

It's so funny though because there are different skill levels in my class of adults. I happen to be very near to the bottom ;)

Our teacher will show us some steps and then he will do them at the actual speed to fit the music (super sonic speeds) and most of us will just stand there and stare at him with our chins on the floor saying...... yeah........ RIGHT :rotfl2:

Oh well, we have a good laugh trying at least :dancer:

Wendy, it was great to see you over on the threadkiller thread. Thanks for coming over, you will find that we are a very friendly group and we always have room for more.

mandymouse
02-19-2006, 03:26 AM
Hi everyone

I've just rescued the thread from page 2. I hope you are all having a great weekend. We're not doing anything special - just chilling

Cruisin
02-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi Mandy.

We are chilling here too, quite literally chilling :cold: :teeth:

We went out for dinner yesterday. It involved a 2 12 hour trip in both directions to meet up with friends and the food wasn't that great but heck it was something to do.

Today is laundry day and I don't know what else day :scratchin

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend.

Kay06
02-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Hi Mandy.

We are chilling here too, quite literally chilling :cold: :teeth:

It's sooo cold up here too. I'm even listening to my mother and putting on my winter coat when i leave the house! I can't wait for some nice weather!!

sunny_medford
02-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Hey everyone, just thought I send wishes of warmer weather to everyone.

Hope everyone is doing well.

disallday!
02-20-2006, 11:45 AM
:cool1: Got my Disney bracelets! :cool1: I was so excited that I wore them to sleep! Somebody get the straight jacket :rotfl:

Hope everyone is staying warm, I miss those warm days :goodvibes

mandymouse
02-20-2006, 02:40 PM
:sunny: I just dream of being at Castaway Cay in the warm sunshine sipping a Bahama Mama to get me through this cold weather :sunny:

Kelly, isn't it great to buy something from Disney ? Did you buy anything else ?

disallday!
02-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey Mandy.... If you look to your right in your dream you will see me next to you sipping on a strawberry daq :thumbsup2

No :worried: I didn't buy anything else! I'm trying to pace myself ;)

disallday!
02-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Question time!

What is your usual Friday nite at home like? Relaxing on the couch, watching a movie! (Still trying to get DH to take me out once a month)

What kind of music is your fav? I like it all, top 40, easy listening, rap, jazz, classic, country

How about your fav sport? I'm a big american football fan & soccer (aka football)

Don't forget to post more questions everyone, this way we can get to know each other better:cheer2: :cheer2:

madmouse91
02-20-2006, 03:14 PM
What is your usual Friday nite at home like? I go to a youth club on Friday nights

What kind of music is your fav? Fav people are Aly & AJ, Kelly Clarkson and I love Disney music

How about your fav sport? I hate sport lol

mandymouse
02-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey Mandy.... If you look to your right in your dream you will see me next to you sipping on a strawberry daq :thumbsup2

:wave: Oh I can see you Kelly, now get some sun lotion on before you burn :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What is your usual Friday nite at home like? Normally hubby and I are taxi cabs for the girls who are out at their youth club. Should we be lucky and they're at a sleepover, then we'll go out for an Indian meal and a bottle of wine

What kind of music is your fav? I'm a big lover of the old 70's disco music and I love anything boppy that you can boogie on down to. :banana: :banana: Disney music is popular around here too

How about your fav sport? Formula 1 racing and proper football (LOL) aka Soccor

disallday!
02-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah! Another KC fan! My DD & I love her, love her! :cool1:

disallday!
02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
:wave: Oh I can see you Kelly, now get some sun lotion on before you burn :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It's scary how well you already know me! :scared1:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

TTFN!

mandymouse
02-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah! Another KC fan! My DD & I love her, love her! :cool1:

We're going to see Kelly Clarkson in concert next Monday evening, we only told the girls tonight (we'd booked it in November) and we're all excited about seeing her :hyper:

Dalpal
02-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Ok..here goes...

Question time!

What is your usual Friday nite at home like? Just hanging out at home...
What kind of music is your fav? ...I like the big bands music(my parents music), 60s.....Rob Thomas, Santana, classical,..almost anything...I guess :scratchin Im not big on rap...

How about your fav sport? Not big on game type sports...I like horse jumping, and gymnastics...ice skating....that sort...

My ???
Whats your fave..color(purple),...number(7, my birth month)....day of week (Sat, I can spend time with DH)...and why?

Kay06
02-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Question time!

What is your usual Friday nite at home like? :teeth: I'm never home on a Friday night! I work every other one, and I'm with friends, on the others!! :goodvibes

What kind of music is your fav? I used to love country, and I still listen to it sometimes. But I'm really getting in to rock again (Makes my father happy).

How about your fav sport? I love to watch high school baseball and basketball. And Volley Ball to play! I'm not real big on sports though.

Whats your fave..color- Umm.. I'm going to have to go with Red. Although, I really like pink too :cutie:

number- 2.. for no reason, what so ever.

day of week- I really like Fridays, cause school is all over, for the week.!! :banana:

My Questions, that I'm adding...

Coke or Pepis- I looooove Dt. Coke!!

Whats your Job? I work at a local Nursing home, as a CNA.

Something your looking forward to this year- Graduation :cheer2: , and starting college in the Fall......... AND the Cruise!! :woohoo:

Who is your Favorite actor? Adam Sandler :love: ...so in love

That was fun!!! Your turn!!

mandymouse
02-21-2006, 02:50 AM
:cheer2: Oh great more questions

My fave colour - Black (it's very slimming :rotfl: ) and pinks/purples/orange

Lucky Number - 6, it's my birthday

Fave day of the week - Saturday, there's no school rush

Coke or Pepsi - I love Diet Pepsi

What's your job - I am a carer

Something I'm looking forward to this year - Next Pirates of the Caribbean film to be released, Christmas, New Year in WDW and the Cruise

Who is your fave actor - Matt Damon and Captain Jack Sparrow (not Johnny Depp but his character)

Great questions, I will try and think of a couple

sunny_medford
02-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Question time!

What kind of music is your fav? I used to love country, and I still listen to it sometimes. But I'm really getting in to rock again (Makes my father happy)

It really does make him happy, he doesn't care for country. :teeth:

sunny_medford
02-21-2006, 08:09 AM
FRIDAY NIGHT? Home with the kids, once in a while we go out to eat at some chain restaurant we love. (99, chili's, texas roadhouse, etc) :rainbow:

FAV MUSIC? a year ago I would have said classic rock but I love all the new stuff from Creed, Mudvayne, etc. Still a kid at heart I guess...but I can listen to just about anything, even country for a little while. :rockband:

FAV SPORT? Nascar, High School basketball on TV, (I'd enjoy going to game too, but DH wouldn't, and the kids wouldn't sit still that long) I guess I have to say Martial arts too. Not to watch, but I enjoy the classes I'm in. I also enjoy playing volleyball with all the ladies on Mon nights. One is about 65 and she's really good, they are all really nice.

FAV COLOR? any shade of green, especially the new apple green, it's my new black. And I love pink with it, I don't usually do pink. :thumbsup2

#? 6, it always has been for some reason I don't even remember anymore.

COKE OR PEPSI? Coke, but only because I'm a sprite drinker. :drinking1

JOB? Stay at home mom...and proud of it. When the youngest goes to school :sad: I'll work part-time at DH's building supply store. It's a half block from the kids school.

LOOKING FORWARD TO? :goodvibes Graduation, I'm so excited for Kayla. College, I wish I would have gone to college and lived on campus. I'll be living through Kayla for the next 4 yrs!! And of course the anticiaption of the :sail: cruise is just about making me sick!! :sick:

FAV ACTOR? I enjoy Adam Sandler also, because I enjoy the movies he choses to do. I also enjoy Jonny Depp. I loooooved him in Edward Scissorhands. I also love Patrick Swazey...nothing could ever compare to him in Dirty Dancing...he can be my teacher anytime! :worship:

:idea: good questions!

disallday!
02-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Fav Color? shades of spring (pink, turquoise, purple)

Number? don't have one

Job? I wear many hats here! I work with my mom, dad, dh, dm-i-l, sis.. I basically handle accounting though

Looking forward to....? My DS getting his braces off, summer, and the cruise :cool1:

Fav day of the week? Friday, friday, friday... kickoff for the weekend :tongue:

Fav Actor? OMG, Adam Sandler... love his movies and his charm; also love Orlando Bloom and Ben Affleck :hyper:

Coke or Pepsi? Diet Pepsi

Mandy Lucky gal... post pics of the concert if you take any... have fun :teeth: :teeth:

Cruisin
02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Yikes, I'm way behind on the question and answer stuff :rotfl2:

Friday night at home? ~~ usually spent DISing or reading a book, or doing word puzzles, rarely watch any television.

Favourite music ~~ Country. I can tolerate most anything for awhile, except for Opera and anything that has screaming in it :crazy2:

Favourite sport ~~ I'm not into sports but I do like my tap and hip-hop dance classes :dancer:

Favourite colour, number ~~ don't really have one

Job ~~ I still consider myself a stay at home mother, BUT I put in quite a few hours a week taking care of the accounting aspects of our business (custom metal machining), .... invoicing, paying bills, doing payroll, taking care of government forms etc. The hours I work is entirely dependant on how much work is on my desk :thumbsup2

Favourite day of the week ~~ well Saturday or Sunday because there is less running around to do on those days.

Coke or Pepsi ~~~ Diet Pepsi is my preferred poison but I will drink Diet Coke if necessary (such as on the Disney Cruise Ship)

Looking Forward to ~~ Vacations... we have a trip to Florida and a Royal Caribbean cruise BEFORE our Disney Cruise to look forward (just turning out to be a crazy vacation year) . Also looking forward to spending time with my ThreadKiller friends onboard the Disney Wonder :goodvibes

Actor ~~ don't have any favourites.

Kay06
02-21-2006, 11:15 PM
Fav Actor? OMG, Adam Sandler... love his movies and his charm; also love Orlando Bloom and Ben Affleck :hyper:

:thumbsup2 :cheer2: pixiedust: :cool1:

Good Answer!! :)

disallday!
02-22-2006, 02:27 PM
:Pinkbounc BUMP :Pinkbounc

BTW... anyone interested in riding the banana boat together at CC.. it seats many people, bad part is they try to throw you off, DM loved it! :goodvibes

It would be great fun! :thumbsup2

mandymouse
02-22-2006, 02:55 PM
:Pinkbounc BUMP :Pinkbounc

BTW... anyone interested in riding the banana boat together at CC.. it seats many people, bad part is they try to throw you off, DM loved it! :goodvibes

It would be great fun! :thumbsup2

No chance, I want to keep my swimming cossie on and I might get my hair wet :lmao: :lmao: