PDA

View Full Version : Gaydays...Is It Worth It???

SeattleRedBear
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
The post by the gay-friendly couple who expressed an interest in going to gaydays really floored me. Are we that entertaining that we're an attraction? So I want to hear from the people who have really been.

Was it worth it?

Would you do it again?

Are there as many womyn as men there (I don't want to go unless my GRRLfriends feel comfortable)?

Husbear & I have talked for years about going to gaydays but we went to summer WDW for the first time last year and it was just so-o-o-o-o miserable (us weather wimps in the northwest just can't take the heat & humidity) and the crowds were pretty bad. So we backed off from planning for it, but if it's extra special (as in SF pride parade extra special) then we might consider. Wait, what am I saying. Disney is always SF pride parade extra special but I want the...

Facts ma,am...just the facts.

buckylarue
01-06-2006, 08:34 PM
We didn't go for years because of the heat and crowd issues, but finally decided to brave it last year. We LOVED IT!! I would say there are probably 75% guys and 25% gals, and we all seemed to be having a real good time. We linked up with a couple of other guys from here for some parades & meals, and just went with the flow most of the rest of the time. We didn't do any of the afterparties or hard ticketed events, just some of the park gatherings. Our favorite moment: Sitting in the Country Bear Jamboree with 200+ bears in red shirts, singing along with "All The Guys That Turn Me On Turn Me Down". :earboy2: :earboy2: Well worth the trip for that moment alone!! We're skipping this year (going for my birthday in December instead), but hope to go again in 2007!

SeattleRedBear
01-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Our favorite moment: Sitting in the Country Bear Jamboree with 200+ bears in red shirts, singing along with "All The Guys That Turn Me On Turn Me Down". :earboy2: :earboy2: Well worth the trip for that moment alone!! We're skipping this year (going for my birthday in December instead), but hope to go again in 2007!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thanks for the quick reply. I agree with you; it would be worth it for that moment alone. I don't think we can do 2006, but we'll have to plan for 2007!

vascubaguy
01-06-2006, 08:59 PM
We were there in 2005, but we missed the Country Bear Jamboree... bummer!

We didn't go to any of the events, but we saw the swarms of red shirts heading to PI when we were going in Wolfgang Pucks for dinner at DTD one night. Oh, and the swarms of red shirts at MGM for Star Wars weekend too (there was a lot going on then). We didn't find it too hot while we were there, but it rained quite a bit.

bsusanmb
01-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Ok, I want to give you a good laugh - I am not gay, and I am not homophobic. I was in the pageant world for years, and have many wonderful gay friends. DH and I went to WDW the first week in June. We arrived at Magic Kingdom and I saw all these folks in red shirts. No biggie, thought that it was some special group or reunion. I didn't see too many families. Went to lunch at Liberty Tree, and still it didn't dawn on me until I saw 4 men sitting at a table wearing Peter Pan hats, I started looking closer at the writing on the shirts - WHOA, chose the wrong day to be at MK. But I had a great time watching everyone have such a great time! The shirts were a hoot, and the "Pink Posey" was too much. What a fun day. Go if you can

buckylarue
01-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Here are 4 of our red-shirted 'tribe' outside Country Bear Jamboree...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/501/12696gayand.jpg (http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13627)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/501/12696fabulous.jpg (http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13626)

SeattleRedBear
01-07-2006, 06:33 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

OK. Which one's Statler and which one's Waldorf???

bsusanmb
01-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Yes, I love those guys! I take my camera everywhere I go and that day I didn't have mine. I would have loved to have pictures for my scrap book.
Never saw so many good looking men. :cool1: :worship:

RickinNYC
01-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Joe and I have never been to WDW for Gay Days. We don't really plan on it since we live in NYC and have access to all things gay! Actually, it's just too darn hot, we always go during offseason anyway. Love the lower crowds!

WebmasterPete
01-09-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm not a fan of gay days :)

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-gay-days.htm

Pete

LukenDC
01-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Gay Days has never really interested me because of the heat and crowds. I also live in Washington, DC which has a huge gay community and I do not need to travel to commune with other gay men. I recognize, however, that Gay Days can be a very important event for members of our community who are just coming out or live in areas that lack a substantial gay presence.

micknpluto
01-09-2006, 11:14 AM
I've been to gay Days once a few years ago. It was fun, it was cool, but I doubt I would ever go again. The heat was almost unbearable and it was a bit too crowded. Personally we love October for Halloween :)

The one thing I remember about being there that sticks out in my mind is how everyone was so friendly. You would be in the Magic Kingdom and strangers would walk by and smile and say hello.. It was nice. :goodvibes

FergieTCat
01-09-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm straight but I would go to Gay Days just to witness the festivities on "The Great Movie Ride."

Rick -- the new board is fabu!

(I'm now thinking of a line in "Will & Grace" -- "Maybe this is why I don't get dates on a Saturday Night.")

TinkerChelle
01-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Pete: LOVED that commentary on Gay Days. We have never been to WDW during gay days mostly because we just can't go during the summer months because of my partner's work schedule. But, I have to agree with your thoughts on the issue. Everyone has the right to express themselves in the manner they find appropriate, but I don't understand putting forth the image of promiscuous and drunken behaviour. I don't want to see a hetero couple making out....not even my closest hetero friends....I don't want to see a gay couple making out....not even my closest gay friends, so why do we think PDA makes us more gay...or that people should have to witness it. I am no prude, either......I hold my partner's hand in public...have even been known to smooch her during Wishes (after I have cried, of course :sad: ) I just don't get the PDA thing.

SeattleRedBear
01-09-2006, 09:31 PM
That's why I asked the initial question. I've heard such extreme things about the event from "It's just like any other crowded day in the park" to "Homos out of control" that I'm just curious as to what the event is really like. Anyone else have direct experience they want to report?

I guess Husbear & I will have to see for ourselves some year.

Chuck S
01-09-2006, 09:38 PM
I go to gay days every year, I do NOT attend any of the hard ticket "events". just the parks...and truthfully, there are a few "costumes", but I haven't seen anything "over the top". My 81yo Mom has been with me, too. I did see a couple wearin gred leather short shorts, all I could think of was how uncomfortable they were in that heat. Neither of us have seen any unruley behavior, and in fact, it is much easier negotiating Mom's wheelchair through the more adult crowd with fewer children that are "caught up" in the magic and don't look where they are going...there are enough adults that do that as it is.

Mandabella
01-09-2006, 09:53 PM
DH and I went during Gay Days last year, and would go again during that time frame. When you own an AP/PAP, you'll go whenever you can get away and whenever you can sneak away and whenever you can...the AP/PAP is a sickness...it's evil! Anyhow...the bad part of our trip had to with all the RAIN and it is more crowded than we are used to...but not really horrible. We usually prefer to go during early December and late October to give you an idea of what type of crowds we are used to. Fastpass is your friend! Surpsingly, it wasn't too oppressive with the heat....but it rained....A LOT! Have I mentioned all the rain we got that week? ;)

Honestly, I didn't notice any lewd behavior from either gays or straights in the MK on Saturday. I saw hand holding and maybe the occassional hug or a quick kiss....and a lot of red t shirts. Then again, I wasn't really looking for any "out of control" behavior. Later that night we went to the AC in PI. And that place was PACKED!!! You could barely move around. It was the most crowded I have ever seen it, but we had a blast!

As far as women vs. men, there were definitely more guys than girls. I'd agree with that 75% men and about 25% women.

iankh
01-10-2006, 06:13 AM
We haven't had any great desire to go during Gay Days, mainly because of heat and crowds. It's not our favorite time of year for the world.

Plus living in Chicago, we have a large active gay community. If I want a crowd of gay people, I can go to Halsted Street Market Days, a 2 day street festival, largely gay and the mid-west's largest with crowds exceeding 300,000.

So, schelpping to Florida doesn't hold the attraction.

bsusanmb
01-10-2006, 07:45 AM
I will say that 90% of the crowd was just there having a great time like any other day at WDW. By late evening the other 10% was a little brash. I don't really appreciate PDA either from anyone, unless it is innocent like you say. The news media in Orlando was covering this event and the opening of a resort that caters to the gay community. IMHO, it displayed the weekend like adolescents during spring break - you know those Girls Gone Wild type of things. DH was at EPCOT later during the day, and there really was no PDA there like at the Magic Kingdom. As a 55 year old straight female, I always thought that Gay Pride Day at WDW was an opportunity for the gay community to come together in unity so that we straight folk could see that we are all the same - we all have the same desires and emotions and love WDW too. I don't know that I would want my grandkids to have witnessed some of what I saw. I am old and wise enough, and have so many gay friends that I thought it was a fun day, and enjoyed it. I know my friends who went to Rehobath Beach (sp) that weekend would have enjoyed WDW much more. We don't live in city, we are in a very conservative area of Central PA in the Amish and Mennonite area. You can see why these events would draw from our area.

anut4disney
01-10-2006, 01:55 PM

Pete

Awesome article.

nordkin
01-10-2006, 02:46 PM

Pete
Wonderful article. I agree with you 100%. My partner and I have never gone to gay days and probably never will. We have taken our children to Gay Pride in DC, but waited until they were teens and we could explain what we considered some of the unacceptable PDA. We have a large enough gay community and circle of friends that we do not need to attend something like gay days to enjoy our time at Disney.

MagneticxBoy
01-13-2006, 08:52 PM

Pete

ah... good article.. loved it! :worship:

iankh
01-14-2006, 07:46 AM

Pete

Let me first start by saying that I have never been to gay days. So I have not witnessed gay days nor how people behave, so if there has been hot and heavy frottage going on outside Cinderella's castle, then I would say that has no place in the MK, but should stay in the bedroom or backroom where it belongs.

However I did come out when I was 17 in 1973 and have witnessed a lot of reactions and a lot of change over the years.

I cannot judge what people find offensive, but I have seen and been the brunt of what seems to me a dual standard.

Is it not acceptable for any two people to have their hands down each other's pants and writhing around, in probably most public venues. Hoever, is it acceptable for a couple to have a quick peck and hold hands?

Think about... first think of a straight couple --- a quick peck and holding hands. Does anyone notice? Now think about 2 women. Now think about two men.

What I take exception with is a dual standard.

I have been to WDW many years with my partner of 19 years and it does get better and better, and things do become more and more open.

I however do not think that as gay people we should, "know our place."

It's ok to be gay so long as you're not too gay? What in the world does that mean?

I am also Jewish, so I guess I am twice blessed having a foot in two minorities.

I suppose that because of my age I can remember hearing about people being too Jewish. And ... "It's ok so long as you try to fit in and not call attention to yourself And, my favorite, "You're really cute, I would have never thought you were Jewish."

I for one do not stand with the opinion that we should just "know our place."

I don't think holding hands with my long-term partner is any more rubbing my being gay in anyone's face, than my wearing a yamulka is rubbing anyone's face in my being Jewish.

OrlandoMike
01-14-2006, 07:55 AM
I've been to many gay days, and worked many hard ticket events.

I really have not seen anything outrageous or crude.

The party at Typhoon can be a little racy, but its a hard ticket event, and it's late in the evening. Same goes for PI in the late evenings.

The crowds in the MK are always very well behaved.

Viki
01-14-2006, 10:33 AM
We've never had any desire to go. As some have said, it's not our favorite time of year and in general we're not fond of crowds - gay or straight. But, that said, the friends we just ushered about WDW in December have expressed some interest in bringing some other friends for the event one year, so we'll probably tag along and experience it for ourselves.

buckylarue
01-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Let me first start by saying that I have never been to gay days. So I have not witnessed gay days nor how people behave, so if there has been hot and heavy frottage going on outside Cinderella's castle, then I would say that has no place in the MK, but should stay in the bedroom or backroom where it belongs.

However I did come out when I was 17 in 1973 and have witnessed a lot of reactions and a lot of change over the years.

I cannot judge what people find offensive, but I have seen and been the brunt of what seems to me a dual standard.

Is it not acceptable for any two people to have their hands down each other's pants and writhing around, in probably most public venues. Hoever, is it acceptable for a couple to have a quick peck and hold hands?

Think about... first think of a straight couple --- a quick peck and holding hands. Does anyone notice? Now think about 2 women. Now think about two men.

What I take exception with is a dual standard.

I have been to WDW many years with my partner of 19 years and it does get better and better, and things do become more and more open.

I however do not think that as gay people we should, "know our place."

It's ok to be gay so long as you're not too gay? What in the world does that mean?

I am also Jewish, so I guess I am twice blessed having a foot in two minorities.

I suppose that because of my age I can remember hearing about people being too Jewish. And ... "It's ok so long as you try to fit in and not call attention to yourself And, my favorite, "You're really cute, I would have never thought you were Jewish."

I for one do not stand with the opinion that we should just "know our place."

I don't think holding hands with my long-term partner is any more rubbing my being gay in anyone's face, than my wearing a yamulka is rubbing anyone's face in my being Jewish.

VERY well said iankh! My feelings exactly!

njchris
01-14-2006, 12:34 PM

PeteHi. Just read through that and I have to say I did not see what you seemed to have. I have yet to see anybody making out. The most is people holding hands or giving a quick kiss as any straight couples would do. And the comments about explaining to a kid? As if it's something bad to explain that gay people exist? That's a bit self-hating, imho. Besides that, it is projecting adult feelings and thoughts onto a kid who probably won't even notice or ask. There were some that should have been more respectful with how they talk or generally behave, but the same can go for straight people. I've seen awful behavior there too. I've seen obnoxious drunks doing around the world in Epcot...etc..etc..

I had gone every year since this almost started. I *LOVED* the feeling of community and to be around people that understand me and don't judge who I am. I don't do the after parties.. that scene is not for me anymore.

The Gay days are fun. Most people are smiling. Although I chuckle at the dad that goes with his kids and wife and is wearing a red t-shirt. hehe

The bad side for me, is that it is SOOO FREAKIN' HOT and crowded. Although I manage to get on everything I want (more than once), it's really the heat that made it tough at times.

So I'm going in Feb with my partner and prob again in Nov. I will probably do it again sometime, as I do think it is a lot of fun.

Kevin&Randall
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
We haven't been to Gay Days in a few years. Last year we had a Wilderness Cabin but it was raining. One of those annoying drizzles that makes everything wet and uncomfortable. So we packed up and went home early not stepping into any of the Theme Parks. Hey, we live in the area, it wasn't that big of a sacrafice.

We are planning on the Fort Wilderness thing again this year. Renting a golf cart and driving around the campground is a great way to spend time. It's relaxing and there are some amazing coaches out there.

We enjoy going to the Magic Kingdom for a few hours. And yes, I have seen some of the antics Pete mentions in his article. I always found the bawdy behavor uncalled for but I also have found it to be the exception, not the rule. It's fun to see all the red shirts out there. But after some people watching, and maybe an attraction or two, we will head back to Fort Wilderness.

Is it worth your time to visit? I guess is depends on how much vacation time you have and if you could enjoy the parks when it is warmer. If summer doesn't bother you, then by all means, come on down! But if it would burn up your vacation for the year, come during the holidays when the decorations are up and the Candlelight is being presented.

Randall

:earsboy:

nwdisgal
01-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Ok. Does Gay Days at DL count, or does it just have to be WDW? We were at DL (coincidentally) during Orange County Gay Days, and OMG :rotfl2: :rotfl2: . I think part of it is, one of my dearest and oldest (I mean duration of knowing him, not his age :teeth: ) friends is gay, and so I've grown up being around his group of gay friends and my fair share of campy. :rotfl: I also have a family member (who is sadly now deceased) who was lesbian. Point is, as a staight person, I've been invited to my fair share of gay community events as a supportive friend and family member of people who are gay and lesbian and enjoy sharing in and being part of the events.

That said, I just read the link to the article about the one at WDW. That seemed a bit over the top :eek: Our experience was alot different at DL. The crowd as a whole was well behaved. Mostly, it was guys with princess hats, and such. Nothing over the top IMO.

jmuboy
01-21-2006, 10:38 AM
I've done all the park days and all hard ticket events. My friends teased me everytime we saw something "racey" by saying "what would Walt say if he knew you were here!" LOL

But it's a great time...the parks and the events. And all in all, it's no biggie (PDA's, suggestive clothing, etc). No more than most other days and really nothing too much more outrageous than a random heterosexual would wear or do. It's mostly media hype. Go, enjoy yourself and remember your manners.

DznyLvr2005
01-21-2006, 11:32 AM
But here's my question... Why can't quote unquote gay days be every day, so to speak. I mean, why are there days put aside for that? YOu know what I mean? Everyday is "straight day" and gay people go to DW every day too, so I'm curious as to why there has to be specified days for it? I see nothing wrong with gay days, I'm just asking for curiosity.

Viki
01-21-2006, 11:37 AM
I think the best way I can answer your question, in the fewest words possible (given our format), is to say that when you're in a minority population, you sure don't always feel like everyday is your day. For example, my kids are African-American and although of course every day is their day, we sure do enjoy black History month when it comes around in February.

I hope this helps. :)

Chuck S
01-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I think it is probably harder for someone who lives in a large fairly liberal area, like DznyLvr2005, who lives in NY, to understand that not every part of America is open and accepting of minorities, that people don't always feel "safe" being themselves.

medusa2468
01-23-2006, 04:34 AM
Pete, I ALSO loved your post. Definitely well thought out and said. While I'm not gay, I have a number of gay friends. Some are a little more flamboyant than others, and definitely less uptight (and more fun!) than my straight friends seem to be, but they also have a sense of decorum when need be. I agree, there's a time and place for everything, and Disney, with all of the little kids there, is NOT the time for everyone to behave like it's some sort of college party or the SanFran Exotic Erotic Ball (hope ero-tic didn't get **s).
My roommate and I (he's male, I'm female) had recently been wondering if there was some sort of 'gay day' at Disneyland because we'd be interested in going - thinking there would be NO KIDS there and it'd be a lot more fun!! Seeing this thread got me excited thinking we might be in luck, but then I see it's not an 'official' day at Disney which means kids, it's also in Florida (although I'm guessing there's a Disneyland equivalent), it's in Florida in JUNE!! no less (who bright idea was THAT?!), and from the sound of some of the posts it sounds like a darn free-for-all. I'm all for people being able to hug and kiss in public, but when things get a little too carried away - I just want to yell 'get a room!!' - regardless of sexual preference. (Although once at a Denny's in the wee hours a couple started making out leaning up against a car door in the parking lot just outside our window, and our group of 6 grabbed pens and napkins and pressed our 'Olympic scorecards' against the window - it got their attention, they laughed and then left.) Anyway, I think it's a great idea for a big group to start an annual tradition of going to Disney, but yes, let's hope more people start being less selfish and arrogant, and start thinking more about all the little kids! In general, I can't stand kids, but I wouldn't be mean to them or behave way out of line and risk making their vacation unhappy (like when maybe their parents freak out and drag them out of the park early).
I do, however, wish Disney would have an OFFICIAL day, like they do a military day each year, and put those sorts of special days on their website and post them at the gate. It would make things a lot stressful and more enjoyable for everyone.
Although I think it should be switched to a time when kids are still in school and less people are on vacation - AND when it's not so dang hot!! - like March, April or May (but not Easter break or Spring break). ****
And on a different note, seeing the link to Megan Mullally on one of the posts and another's reference to a quote from Will and Grace, made me want to pass on some info re taping of the show (at CBS, not at home on a DVR). Just FYI, you can get free tickets to the tapings of Will and Grace in Studio City, California at the studio. (During msg preview, it gave me a msg about not having URLs here yet - even though I spelled out 'dot co*, but it's tvtickets at the normal extension, or just search for 'Audiences Unlimited' to get the site address.) My roommate and I went on the 11th, it was rehearsal for the live show on the 12th, and it was too funny! It was a pretty neat experience and the guy that 'opened' the show - explaining everything and keeping us entertained while waiting for everything to begin, was also very funny. If you love the show and are in the southern California area, you should definitely plan a little ahead and go see a taping. It was great for us seeing the rehearsal because we got to see the 'pill bottles in the cabinet' thing actually work right!! It didn't on the live show and only a few fell out, then they had Grace looking in the cabinet and then someone tossing a few out, but in the rehearsal when the cabinet was opened, there must have been a thousand of those little bottles coming out scattering ALL over the floor - it was awesome - and made it all the funnier when it didn't work right live and we knew what was supposed to have happened! It would have taken me a little while to realize how they got the dirty room (after the fight with the shaving cream and lotion, etc.) to all of a sudden appear clean after Rosy 'cleaned' it when they didn't cut to commercial - but when we saw it, we were duh! They had 2 identical stages beside each other, everyone was in the messy one, then while the cameras were on the 4, Rosy rushed to the clean one and kept talking and supposedly started cleaning, then a camera switched to her while the other 4 rushed over to the clean one to reposition themselves in the same spots before the other camera switched back to them - them it showed all of them together again. It was pretty amazing to see it in action. And the crew that cleaned up the 'messy' room to put it back together - oh - my - gosh... they were amazing - about 6 of them all doing their specific tasks working around each other, and sooo fast - had the whole think reset I think in about 10 minutes. It was pretty neat to watch that part, too. Anyway, tons of fun and a pretty unique thing to do. There are free tixs for a bunch of other shows, too, and they're all posted 30 days out and added to regularly. Definitely check it out.
And thanks everyone for the info here, it helped quite a bit!

PlutoEpcot
01-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Here are 4 of our red-shirted 'tribe' outside Country Bear Jamboree...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/501/12696gayand.jpg (http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13627)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/501/12696fabulous.jpg (http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13626)
OMG, those shirts are hysterical!!! Good picture. At first when I saw the & sign I was like what?? but then when I scrolled down I saw the fabulous and I was like lol. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

PirateGhostShip
01-23-2006, 08:33 AM
OMG those shirts are so clever!! it is really funny! right on! :)

LegoTEddy2
01-23-2006, 04:38 PM
you know you like it pirateghostship. btw this is adam. his computer won't let me log onto my name, so i have to use his weirdo name. LOL

mbogoje
01-26-2006, 09:11 PM
My DW, DS and DD will be at WDW the first week and a half of June (dates already set). I was considering going to MK on Sat, June 3rd, but I've seen a few comments in this thread about posters not attending the Gay Day event at the MK because of crowds. Is that because of the large crowds which typically go to the MK during the summer, or is it because the Gay Day event at the MK on 6/3 attracts significantly larger crowds than usual?

For people who have attended the Gay Day event at the MK in the past, how are the crowd levels throughout the day? Any times busier than others? Can we hit the park at opening for a few hours and then bail when it gets too crowded. The MK is the park I was originally planning to visit on 6/3 and unless the crowds are significantly worse than usual, I'd prefer to stay with that park. Thanks.

msdis
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
For people who have attended the Gay Day event at the MK in the past, how are the crowd levels throughout the day? Any times busier than others? .

We will be there for part of the week and was unaware of this event. I have no issues with gays but we like a low profile and like to avoid crowds and large groups of any sorts. Will the majority attend the selected park of the day? I'm just trying to be aware and respectful. Are the events scheduled thru the 4th or is it longer? It's too bad that there are always a handful that ruin things for others but given the comments we would rather not be subjected to the overly open few and will probably choose another park each day. We don't go to bike week in Daytona for the same reasons, out of control individuals. So I hope no one takes offense as this is not intended to. But I would rather be prepared. TIA for any insight.

Chuck S
01-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Truthfully, the MK is always crowded on Saturdays during the summer months. Any special event will add some noticable numbers to that crowd. It is crowded, but certainly negotiable. For those of you with concerns about behavior problems...hmmm, look at the photo a few posts above this, showing the word "Fabulous" on the back of the shirts. In the bottom of the photo there seems to be a lot of stroller handles, so evidently those parents didn't see anything "inappropriate" enough to make them consider avoiding/leaving the park that day.

pezpam
01-31-2006, 02:30 PM
My roommate and I (he's male, I'm female) had recently been wondering if there was some sort of 'gay day' at Disneyland because we'd be interested in going - thinking there would be NO KIDS there and it'd be a lot more fun!!

While there might be quite a few childless couples, Gay Days still attracts families with kids, gay or straight...... My cousin and his husband adopted a child (cutest thing going since my own kid, imho <grin> ) and I can't wait until we can plan a trip all together. Between me and my cousin's DH, that kid will probably overdose on Mickey by the end of that trip. :lmao: