PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the teen beach!

cruisnfamily
01-06-2006, 07:08 PM
DD will be almost 14 but I must admit I'm leary to let her go hang out at a beach without me! Is there supervision on the beach? Do they tell them when to head back to the ship? Tell me every silly little detail you can think of about the teen beach.

Thanks!

Also, did your teen do the wild side excursion? Did they enjoy it? Did you sign up ahead of time? Did they meet onboard or did they have to make their way to the teen beach and meet there?

dutch_girl_scout
01-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Yes, the staff is with them the whole time. The day we were at CC this is what our DS13 did and it must have been fun because we dropped him off in the club at 9 in the morning, saw him while he was eating lunch, and then didn't see him again until 5:30 when he re-boarded.

9:00-12:45 Teen Excursion that included biking, kyaking, and snorkeling followed by lunch

10:30 Those who didn't go on excursion met counselors at Gangway

11:00 Those not on excursion did beach football or volleyball, and hung out

12:00 Ate as a group at Pop's Props (picnic area)

1-4pm played volleyball, footballl and surfboard relays, had a bamboo raft building contest, hung out more

You need to sign a document (included in the docs packet) that says your teen can go on and off the ship by themselves. Remember to send sunscreen, we forgot and ours wouldn't ask anyone, he was a little red when he came back. :sunny:

Our son isn't the most outgoing but by CC day (last day) he had warmed up to a few other kids and had a great day.

dlzcbarber
01-07-2006, 07:40 AM
We just sailed on Dec 11 cruise on the Wonder. I have a DS who is 15. We didn't sign him up for the excursion until the night before because he wasn't sure if he wanted to do it. He loved it. They met on the boat and all left together. When they were done they had lunch and all went to the teen beach. They all headed back to the ship together. He had a great time. Loved the counselors. We hardly saw him on the ship. He would have breakfast with us and then meet us for dinner. He met a lot of great kids and made new friends. He had a great time and wants to go again.

ljql_5969
01-07-2006, 08:45 AM
This is good to know. My nephew will be 15 when we leave in July! :cool1: