PDA

View Full Version : DVC Dining Plan

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

dcibrando
01-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Anyone booked the dining plan yet? For your trip? For a renter?

jel0511
01-03-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm probably going to book it, I called MS this morning for info. It is the same price for members that WDW is offering it to guests. $37.99 per adult and 10.99 per child per night. You don't have to pay for the plan until you check-in. DEFINATELY COOL!!

dcibrando
01-03-2006, 09:06 AM
so you can get this for a renter as well right?

Fellowship9798
01-03-2006, 07:36 PM
so you can get this for a renter as well right?

I'll bump this up again as I'm interested to know if anyone was successful in booking the dining plan for renters today. If so, is there any credit card information required up front for booking the plan or is the dining plan just something noted on the file that is paid by the credit card presented at checkin?

Inquiring minds want to know.

MotherOf2Princesses
01-03-2006, 10:02 PM
I am a renter, first time. I called MS today. I told them I was a guest of so and so, gave them my ressie number and it was added. It was $434.85 for five nights. I pay for it at check in.

DIS members, thanks for all the info.

tcmata
01-03-2006, 11:02 PM
This may be a dumb question...but does the dining plan have to be purchased for each person in your party? Thanks!

Chuck S
01-03-2006, 11:37 PM
This may be a dumb question...but does the dining plan have to be purchased for each person in your party? Thanks!

Yes, everyone over the age of 2, and the plan must be purchased for the total number of nights of your stay.

bamagirl@hrt
01-04-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm also a renter. I called yesterday & was able to add to my ressie myself. I wasn't sure if I could do it or if the member would have to call. They didn't require a credit card to hold or anything. Just said that I would pay upon check-in. I'm excited! It's an added benefit to the wonderful price I'm getting on staying at a DVC resort. Plus, since renters can add the plan themselves, it's not an added hassle to members.

SnowWitch
01-04-2006, 09:01 AM
So if you have 4 adults per disney's age policy staying in a one bedroom-you must purchase the dining plan for everyone?

katallo
01-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I am a renter, first time. I called MS today. I told them I was a guest of so and so, gave them my ressie number and it was added. It was $434.85 for five nights. I pay for it at check in.

DIS members, thanks for all the info.

How many are in our party?

Chuck S
01-04-2006, 09:25 AM
So if you have 4 adults per disney's age policy staying in a one bedroom-you must purchase the dining plan for everyone?

Yes, you must purchase it for everyone.

thelionqueen
01-04-2006, 09:40 AM
I called MS as a guest of a DVC owner and added the dining package for our 10 night package with no problem. Amount is due upon check-in. It was $979.60 for 2 adults 2 children for 10 nights.

BTW, I was the first person for the woman @ MS to book the dining package. I just had visions that for some reason it may be pulled and only those who have it booked will be able to keep it. Stupid I know, but I wanted to make sure to get it as soon as I could. That obsessive overplanner in me is just nuts :rotfl2:

Also very nice not to have to have the member do it, less checking on their part.

katallo
01-04-2006, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=katallo]How many are in your party? We are trying to decide on the plan.

CarolMN
01-04-2006, 02:00 PM
katallo - the price for the Dining Plan is $37.99 per adult per night and $10.99 per child per night. Children 10 and older pay the adult price. Children under 3 do not pay and may share from an adult's plate.

So you need to do the math for your length of stay and traveling party.

For example, if you have 2 adults and 1 child (age 11) and 1 child (age 8) and are staying for 5 nights, the total price for the Dining Plan would be $37.99 * 3 * 5 + $10.99 *5 or $624.80

HTH

MotherOf2Princesses
01-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Thank You CarolMN for your reply. I would have ansered earlier but have not been back to the stie since I posted.
If you are trying to decide is the plan is worth it, well that depends. Do you think you will eat at least on sit down meal a day. If so, yes.
If you only eat counter meals in the park and cook in your room, then no.
What you will pay for the plan a day (my cost about $80) is what it will cost me to eat at some of the sit-down meals once I add tax and gratuity. I look it as getting the chance to eat at places I would normally not eat at and I see it as getting a free counter service meal with the money I would save.
Hope this helps a little.

fwm
01-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Does the $37.99 include tax and gratuity?

bamagirl@hrt
01-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes, it includes tax and an 18% gratuity.

jel0511
01-04-2006, 06:02 PM
I added the dining plan today to my April reservations. I'm so EXCITED!!!!

DISNEY4FUN
01-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Can you pay for the plan before check-in?

SnowWitch
01-05-2006, 05:31 AM
Well after some number crunching it looks as though we will be adding this to our July ressie. We played with the menus and guessed at what we would order based on previous visits with only 2 appetizers and 2 desserts being shared and it still comes out several hundred dollars cheaper to do the plan. :cheer2:

3kidz4dis
01-05-2006, 06:25 AM
I was curious if anyone did the math on if it is worth it to join the dining plan since it is new for members. We plan to eat breakfast in our room maybe 3 out of 7 days, lunch may 2 of of 7 days and dinner never. We have character meals scheduled for most dinners but 3 we are on our own at BWV or Downtown Disney. I am just not sure if it is worth is still because we technically pay for the meals we don't use if we eat in our room. Could anyone offer insight on whether or not the math works in my favor? What are you all doing since it is new plus we do have the ability to eat in our room which is the purpose after all of having a kitchen.

bicker
01-05-2006, 06:43 AM
I did the math, even though I won't be eligible for the plan yet. (Our trip is in a couple of weeks, and the plan won't be available to DVC members until April.)

We will eat breakfast in the villa every day. Our TS meals look like this:

Saturday dinner - Whispering Canyon Café
Sunday dinner - Garden Grill (character meal)
Monday lunch - Brown Derby
Tuesday dinner - Artist Point
Wednesday lunch - Chefs de France
Thursday dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern (character meal)

I took a guess about what everyone would order (off the menus on Deb Wills' website), adding in selections for a specific CS meal each day, also adding on tax and tip, as applicable, and determined that we would have saved about $300 with the plan.

CarolMN
01-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I did the math, even though I won't be eligible for the plan yet. (Our trip is in a couple of weeks, and the plan won't be available to DVC members until April.)

We will eat breakfast in the villa every day. Our TS meals look like this:

Saturday dinner - Whispering Canyon Café
Sunday dinner - Garden Grill (character meal)
Monday lunch - Brown Derby
Tuesday dinner - Artist Point
Wednesday lunch - Chefs de France
Thursday dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern (character meal)

I took a guess about what everyone would order (off the menus on Deb Wills' website), adding in selections for a specific CS meal each day, also adding on tax and tip, as applicable, and determined that we would have saved about $300 with the plan. How long is your stay? Wondering if your analysis included Brown Derby and Artist Point at 2 TS credits each?

Best wishes -

goofy4tink
01-05-2006, 08:23 AM
I sat and tried to run the numbers yesterday. For my dd, 12, and I for our Oct trip...
breakfast would be eaten in our room each day. Then a counter lunch that would run about $15 each day. Then a TS meal each night. The final cost came to....with the DDP-$380 for 5 nights.
If I used the DDE card it came to $407. Then I would have to add in the $60 to renew the card for that trip..so $467 total.
Since we are traveling with another mom and her dd, I'm not sure which way we're going yet. The moms do like to enjoy their wine when we get together and that wine isn't covered under the dining plan, but will get the 20% discount with the DDE plan. So, I'm on the fence. Have to have this discussion with the other mom and see what she thinks. My big issue is that my dd isn't a big eater. She is more likely to order from the kids menu and get chicken tenders or a cheeseburger rather than the adult stuff. So, at the non-buffet meals it would make more sense to have the DDE plan rather than the DDP.

bsusanmb
01-05-2006, 08:38 AM
I have used the DDP for two of our trips. We saved over $700 for the two of us, DH and I. However, there is no way I would have eaten that much food. By the end of the trip we didn't want to see another desert or filet mignon.
We felt like we had to make the most of the plan and so we would always get every bit we were entitled to. The other downside for us has been that we have now eaten in every restraurant we only dreamed about - so there isn't much to look forward to, of course that is probably just me.
I think that if we eat the way we normally do - only when we are hungry, that the DDE with the 20% off is a much better way for us.

bicker
01-05-2006, 08:41 AM
How long is your stay? Wondering if your analysis included Brown Derby and Artist Point at 2 TS credits each? Hmmm... it was a six night stay. I didn't count Brown Derby and Artist Point at 2 TS each, so that means I'll have to pay OOP for my two least expensive TS meals, right?

That reduces my projected savings from the Dining Plan to $15. Gosh, I feel a bit better.

Laurajean1014
01-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I have used the DDP for two of our trips. We saved over $700 for the two of us, DH and I. However, there is no way I would have eaten that much food. By the end of the trip we didn't want to see another desert or filet mignon.
We felt like we had to make the most of the plan and so we would always get every bit we were entitled to. The other downside for us has been that we have now eaten in every restraurant we only dreamed about - so there isn't much to look forward to, of course that is probably just me.
I think that if we eat the way we normally do - only when we are hungry, that the DDE with the 20% off is a much better way for us.

That's not good. Overeating to save money or to feel like its a great deal.

We went with the DDE (we like the flexibility).

beattyfamily
01-05-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm trying to decide what's best for our family for our end of October trip. We bought the DDE card last year and I used it on our Nov/Dec trip and was going to use it for this October trip too before it expires.

We eat at a lot of sit down meals; usually one, sometimes two a day.

We are staying at the BWV one-bedroom so will probably have some breakfasts there.

Should I just use the DDE card again or buy the dining plan?? I have time to think about it.

We are a family of 4 with two DDs ages 10 and 7. So 3 adults and 1 child and we're staying a Thurs thru Sun (leaving for home Sunday). That's only 3 nights. So our DDP total would be $374.88 I think. We'd probably eat 4 sit downs total and a counter each day (about 4).

Oh decisions, decisions!!

bicker
01-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Hmmm... it was a six night stay. I didn't count Brown Derby and Artist Point at 2 TS each, so that means I'll have to pay OOP for my two least expensive TS meals, right?

That reduces my projected savings from the Dining Plan to $15. Gosh, I feel a bit better.Uh... $15 plus the cost of one snack each day, which is included in the Dining Plan, but not included in my computations (at all).

Now, if we were eating dinner at Brown Derby and Chefs de France instead of lunch, and if we were eating at California Grill instead of Liberty Tree Tavern and eating at Flying Fish instead of Garden Grill (as might have been the case if we weren't visiting with children) the numbers would have worked out much better with the Dining Plan.

Tiger926
01-05-2006, 09:25 AM
My banker hubby just did these numbers yesterday and for myself, him and our DD (who will be 3), the Dining Plan is better than using our DDE last year. We don't drink, so getting alcoholic discounts isn't an option, and we don't eat counter service, so we ate very well on our 2 trips last year using DDE.

This is what we did:

1) Added up all our receipts (all table service except 2 counter service on day of check in and check out) using DDE for July (exact same dates as last year, so equal comparison for this year)

2) My DD ate free at all buffets as she was only 2, but we had to purchase for her at other restaurants - we then added in 3 additional dinners that she was asleep for in which we would have purchased her a meal

3) Estimated for snacks - the biggest thing for us is water as our DD has dehydration issues. We aren't big snack eaters so not too big of an expense for ice cream, etc.

4) We aren't big breakfast eaters at all - a bit of toast, milk, juice or fruit, so we pick up a few groceries and eat in our villa

5) Also added in DDE expense - we did very well on both trips and more than paid for our DDE card

6) We then got our grand total and divided it to make a per day/per person total (don't have that in front of me right now)

7) Grand total for 11 nights using Dining Plan: (2 adults, one child) $956.00

Basically we came out over $200.00 cheaper by using Dining Plan for this year - now the food isn't exactly equal as we ate at more table service restaurants last year as we eat table service for lunch and dinner and hardly any counter service, but when you add in appetizers, dessert and drinks (normally just drink water), it may even itself out. This year of course, we will be eating at more counter service restaurants and getting more snacks per day, so for us with a just turned 3 year old in July and 2 adults, the Dining Plan is looking like a better option not just financially, but ease of use, not having to renew DDE, tax & tip included. We are a bit worried about counter service as we have allergies and health issues, but we've eaten at so many places that we pretty much know which ones have the healthiest options for us (we don't eat hamburgers/fries hardly at all - so we like deli sandwiches, soup, etc.) We are very excited to give the Plan a try this year!

Good luck to all who are contemplating this decision. You really have to do the numbers for your family - I see lots of posts trying to convince people one way or the other, but the only way to make a proper comparison is to do your own numbers (using old receipts is the best way!)

Best of luck, Tiger

Poohgirl
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I am heading to Beach Club in April and was considering the new DVC dining plan. I used it last year before I bought DVC and thought it was great. Does anyone know if you can use both the dining plan and DDE card for the same meal. Example: If you order drinks with your meal that is covered on the dining plan, can you still get the discount for the drinks from the DDE card? Anyone done this? TIA

Tiger926
01-05-2006, 09:42 AM
FYI - Just something I'm noticing with the "does it include tax question?" Many people are asking if it includes tax for the actual plan purchase of credits and not the meals itself as was posted above. The credits themselves do include tax and gratuity, but in terms of tax calculated on $37.99, there isn't any as I just booked myself and the total is $37.99 and $10.99 as posted, no additional fees or taxes I was told at check-in.

Tiger

CarolMN
01-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Several posters have reported here that they have used both at the same meal. At least one said they used the DDE to pay for their alcoholic beverages, which are not included in the DP.

Best wishes -

NMW
01-05-2006, 10:00 AM
We were at Disney in early Dec for 9 days with the DDE card. I was trying to figure out what would be best for us since I knew the dining plan was coming for DVC. For our family of 5 the DP would have blown the DDE card away. Our dinners were all 1 credit this trip except Brown Derby. They were Kona Cafe, Cape May Cafe, Ohana, Wolfgang Puck, San Angel Inn, Rose and Crown, and House of Blues (which we would have certainly changed to something in the dining plan) These meals all averaged $120-$160 AFTER the 20% discount.

We ate counter service lunch every day because the kids were always hungry, I think it's all the walking. These meals averaged $45.

We also bought sodas and waters every afternoon-only about $15 but does add up.

The dining plan would have cost our family apox $109 a day. We spent aprox $200 a day for things that would have been covered by the dining plan.

We might still get the DDE card to use if we get drinks and for character breakfasts. However, we might not always get AP's. We did this time because we planned two trips 10 months apart. One thing is certain, we will be buying the dining plan for our next trip. :teeth:

NMW
01-05-2006, 10:02 AM
According to numerous posts on the restaurant board, you can use both. Many posters report using the DDE card to pay for alcohol and/or kids meals.

CarolMN
01-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Uh... $15 plus the cost of one snack each day, which is included in the Dining Plan, but not included in my computations (at all).

Now, if we were eating dinner at Brown Derby and Chefs de France instead of lunch, and if we were eating at California Grill instead of Liberty Tree Tavern and eating at Flying Fish instead of Garden Grill (as might have been the case if we weren't visiting with children) the numbers would have worked out much better with the Dining Plan.

LOL, Brian - are you sure? California Grill and the Flying Fish are both 2 TS credit locations.

Best wishes -

calypso*a*go-go
01-05-2006, 11:17 AM
I have already posted in several different threads that I don't think the dining plan would work for our family as we would have to pay adult prices for both our kids and they still eat off the kid's menu when possible. Plus we have never really enjoyed waiting at sit-down restaurants during our visits. Now if it was just DH and me going to WDW for a few days...I'd jump all over the dining plan!

BTW, we did purchase the DDE card during our visit in October and plan to use it again in April...so that helps cut down on expenses quite a bit.

La2kw
01-05-2006, 11:32 AM
You have to look at your own dining habits to decide. With four of us, the dining plan would cost us about $152/ day. We never eat that much food in a day since we do breakfast in the room and an occasional dinner as well. We spend a lot of time at the water parks and always take a picnic lunch there. We'll stick with the DDE since we can what we want. I have never ordered an appetizer an entree and a dessert in one meal, for each of us! It's not a deal if it forces you to eat more than what you normally would.

skoi
01-05-2006, 12:14 PM
We're going for a short stay before our Magic cruise this fall. We looked over menus, did all the math, etc. for the family (me, dh, dd 12, ds 8, dd 2) and while we would save money with the dining plan, we probably won't get it. The reason, honestly, is because we never eat that much! We'd pay for 3 adults, and while dd would gladly eat filet mignon at every meal and ds would love to try exotic appetizers, we'd never be able to eat 4 appetizers, 4 entrees, and 4 desserts at our ts meal every day. And if we did eat that much, then ate all that on our cruise, we'd come back 20 pounds heavier.

Of course, greed might get the better of me and we might buy it closer to time. I really want to eat at Le Cellier- because everyone just raves about it.

Tiger926
01-05-2006, 12:32 PM
People make a good point about having to eat more food than normal, but from what I see at Disney, people seem to snack all day long, plus eat big breakfasts and so if you adjust to eating smaller breakfasts and not so many snacks, that would take care of the appetizers and dessert. For us, we eat very small breakfasts in our villa, moderate lunch (usually table service, but now with plan, we'll be eating counter service - healthy options only as we don't really eat burgers/fries) and a good supper. We have a small snack throughout the day and one before bed, but we do drink lots of water in the July heat.

It is important to use your own dining habits, but we see so many people spending a ton of money on snacks, which includes pop (park goers seem to love to drink pop, something we never do) - because they eat counter service fast food which doesn't seem to fill people up as well as eating more healthy options. I guess I'm wondering if some people spent less on their snack budgets, they could then apply this to table service options and there then wouldn't be such a difference in using DDE as opposed to DDP. For us, DDP saves money as eating one table service meal alone could easily take care of most of the daily credit and we don't even eat that much food, but the prices are high and that's what makes the DDP a good deal for us.

Just a thought, Tiger

goofy4tink
01-05-2006, 12:44 PM
So...now I read that if you are using the dining plan, you can still use your DDE card for any alcoholic beverages at the same meal you use your dining plan for?? If this is the case then we'll use both. We do a complete TS meal every day. Sometimes we like to do a character breakfast as well and eat our dinner later in the evening. That would really work out great....I could use the DDP for our LeCellier meal, but use my DDE card for wine. Then I could eat at Cape May for breakfast, get my 20% off with DDE and then eat at Boma later that night with my DDP. Am I correct in my reasoning???

tigger3311967
01-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Since you are all the experts, I need help. We are planning our trip for May 13-20 to WDW. We are going to purchase the Dining Plan. My husband asked me an interesting question last night which I had not thought about. We've been talking about going ahead and making our reservations for the luau and know that they require payment up front. If we are doing the dining plan, how does that work? If we let MS know, it should be on our record. Does the luau know that? Or do we pay up front and get our money back once we give them our four TS meals? Anyone have a clue? I'm stumped. :confused3

CarolMN
01-05-2006, 01:15 PM
They probably do it the same way that they do CRT. They take your credit card number, but don't actually charge the deposit. If you don't cancel within 48 hours and don't show up, then they charge your credit card. It's kind of like giving a hotel your credit card to hold a reservation.

Best wishes -

P.S. Welcome to the DVC Forum! Nice to see your first post is with us!

pplasky
01-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Isn't there tax on the DDP? That does add a little bit to the totals some are using. If it's border line on whether or not you are planning to get it, this could sway you the other way. I have been going over and over menus for our next stay, and have found the DDP to be cheaper only if we always order an app and dessert. My husband and I are still undecided, but it makes sense for Disney. The restaurants are pricey and they are getting people to prepay for dinner with the works. We probably will not order everything I calculated without the plan, but snacks and quick service could add up with 3 kids as well. We have DDE, so I am leaning towards just paying as we go, but might change as I read others experiences.

Tiger926
01-05-2006, 01:35 PM
pplasky - According to the CM I spoke with yesterday, it's $37.99 per adult and $10.99 child, with no other taxes or fees charged - hopefully this is true. Since she gave me the total of my plan and said this is what will be charged at check in, it must be correct.

Tiger

colleen costello
01-05-2006, 01:35 PM
My family LOVES to eat, and my Dad is fond of saying that our army travels on its stomach, but even WE don't eat appetizer and dessert at dinnertimes. My daughter eats very little but would cost as an adult. If they let some group members buy the plan and others not, we would use the dining plan. Fot my parents it would be great. But for my family of 4, with 2 picky kids, a very picky hubby who sometimes barely eats but gets an expensive cocktail, and me who would love dessert but usually can't make room for it, the DDE is a better deal. Best advice here is that you have to decide based on the tendencies of your own family.

pplasky
01-05-2006, 02:01 PM
pplasky - According to the CM I spoke with yesterday, it's $37.99 per adult and $10.99 child, with no other taxes or fees charged - hopefully this is true. Since she gave me the total of my plan and said this is what will be charged at check in, it must be correct.

Tiger

Thanks for the info. It makes a difference!

pbharris4
01-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Spoke w/ MS yesterday and was told that since we're doing a split stay (6 nts BCV/4 nts OKW) that it would be 2 seperate dining plans. So we'd have to use up the credits from the BCV stay by midnight the day we check out (7/1/06) and then the same day we get the OKW credits. BUT......we're in a studio @ BCV and were going to use more CS credits and 1 or 2 more TS credits (thinking the whole 10 days would be pooled together)...so I have had to rearrange my Dining Plans a little to make sure we use the allotment of BCV during the BCV stay and the allotment of OKW credits during the OKW stay. Keep that in mind if you are doing a split stay when you are planning your ADRs.

DisneyDoogie
01-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot.

A couple of questions about the Dining Plan.

1. The $37.99 rate for adults -- does that include tax, or is the tax extra?
2. About breakfast -- can the plan be used at table-service restaurants that serve a breakfast that is not a buffet - like Olivia's or the Yacht Club Galley? I realize there would be no dessert.
3. Does anyone know what would be considered a snack at OKW's Goods To Go or BC's Hurricane Hanna's?

Thank you.

mom2alix
01-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong spot.

A couple of questions about the Dining Plan.

1. The $37.99 rate for adults -- does that include tax, or is the tax extra?
2. About breakfast -- can the plan be used at table-service restaurants that serve a breakfast that is not a buffet - like Olivia's or the Yacht Club Galley? I realize there would be no dessert.
3. Does anyone know what would be considered a snack at OKW's Goods To Go or BC's Hurricane Hanna's?

Thank you.
1.The $37.99 includes tax. I just added the plan to our May reservations and the cost was figured at $37.99/day/adult, no extra taxes etc.
2. You can use the vouchers for breakfast at any participating TS that serves breakfast, although that may not be the best use of your vouchers cost-wise.
3. I don't know that answer to this one, but someone should come along soon who will know.

Have a good trip! :earsgirl:

4mcbjCtr
01-05-2006, 02:54 PM
I was just looking at the list of restaurants on the dvc website. It says the character breakfasts count as a table service meal? I thought they were two table service meals.

brivers222
01-05-2006, 02:54 PM
1.The $37.99 includes tax. I just added the plan to our May reservations and the cost was figured at $37.99/day/adult, no extra taxes etc.
2. You can use the vouchers for breakfast at any participating TS that serves breakfast, although that may not be the best use of your vouchers cost-wise.
3. I don't know that answer to this one, but someone should come along soon who will know.

Have a good trip! :earsgirl:

We are planning on going to US & IOA for two days during our trip so obviously we won't be eating at Disney... Could my DW and I use two TS vouchers each in one day? I.e. got to Chef 'da France for lunch and then Prime Time 50's for dinner that same day? Or do you have to stick with one CS and TS per person per day?

beattyfamily
01-05-2006, 03:03 PM
I was just looking at the list of restaurants on the dvc website. It says the character breakfasts count as a table service meal? I thought they were two table service meals.

No, they aren't. They are only one. There are only a few fancy, signature restaurants (California Grill, Brown Derby etc...) that are 2 credits.

Also the shows like HDDR or the Luau are 2 credits.

brivers222
01-05-2006, 03:14 PM
We're going for a short stay before our Magic cruise this fall. We looked over menus, did all the math, etc. for the family (me, dh, dd 12, ds 8, dd 2) and while we would save money with the dining plan, we probably won't get it. The reason, honestly, is because we never eat that much! We'd pay for 3 adults, and while dd would gladly eat filet mignon at every meal and ds would love to try exotic appetizers, we'd never be able to eat 4 appetizers, 4 entrees, and 4 desserts at our ts meal every day. And if we did eat that much, then ate all that on our cruise, we'd come back 20 pounds heavier.

Of course, greed might get the better of me and we might buy it closer to time. I really want to eat at Le Cellier- because everyone just raves about it.

You bring up a question of mine... On the DDP is there a limit to the Cost of the Food you choose per meal? I.e. I see a lot of Filet Mignon is ANY appitizer, ANY Entree, and ANY dessert available to you on the plan? I just don't want to find out that once we are at a resturant we have a "special" Menu we must choose off of for each meal choice.

bwbuddy5
01-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Sounds crazy, but here's what we're considering:

Party of 6, 3 guys 16yo, 16yo, adult; 3 girls, 20, 20, adult.

The guys like to eat, and love the DDP concept. Girls think they would not get the value. In fact, the female adult may not even go to the parks, opting for the BCV exercise room, walking trail, and Stormalong; probably will hit CS for meals, or eat nice salad at TS restaurants.

So, since we have booked a BCV 2-bedroom villa, we are considering splitting our reservation into a 1BR villa and Studio, so that only half of the party needs to buy the DDP.

It will cost me an additional 20 points for the 5 nights, which I could probably otherwise rent for $200.

Cost for the 3 girls for DDP, had they wanted it would have been $570.

So, am I looking at it correctly that I would break even as long as the three girls come close to eating on $370? Plus, they could eat some of our appetizers and desserts when they do go to the TS restarants with us.

CarolMN
01-05-2006, 03:20 PM
I thought there were a lot of 2 credit TS restuarants.

In addition to California Grill & the Brown Derby, the 2 credit TS options include Artist Point, Flying Fish, Coral Reef, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Citricos, Narcoose's, and Jiko. Might be one or two more, can't remember. Also there is a surcharge for some menu items at Planet Hollywood & Captain Jack's (think it is the lobster entrees). IIRC, all of the dinner shows require 2 TS credits as well.

Best wishes -

beattyfamily
01-05-2006, 03:21 PM
You bring up a question of mine... On the DDP is there a limit to the Cost of the Food you choose per meal? I.e. I see a lot of Filet Mignon is ANY appitizer, ANY Entree, and ANY dessert available to you on the plan? I just don't want to find out that once we are at a resturant we have a "special" Menu we must choose off of for each meal choice.

Actually, there is a special menu or dessert or appitizer at some restaurants because of the dining plan. One example I can think of off the top of my head was when we ate at Tony's. We only were given the sampler dessert.

mom2alix
01-05-2006, 03:31 PM
We are planning on going to US & IOA for two days during our trip so obviously we won't be eating at Disney... Could my DW and I use two TS vouchers each in one day? I.e. got to Chef 'da France for lunch and then Prime Time 50's for dinner that same day? Or do you have to stick with one CS and TS per person per day?

You can use as many per day as you want until they are gone.

WebmasterDoc
01-05-2006, 03:34 PM
You may use the credits as you'd like - even use a whole week's worth in one day if desired. There would be no penalty for missing a couple of days by going to USF.

Enjoy!

brivers222
01-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Both of you just made me feel :goodvibes

For another question... Our trip will be 5/7-5/15 or 8 nights and 9 days.

I am going to do some calculation so bear with me here ;)

I know we have to pay per person per night the $37.99 so that would give us paying for 8 nights hence the following "credits":

Myself:
CS: 8
TS: 8
Snack: 8

DW:
CS: 8
TS: 8
Snack: 8

Are we able to use the Credits starting on our Check-in day and ending at park closing of our Check out day? or are the credits only valid after we spend our first night (i.e. 2nd day?)

So sorry for the seemingly dumb questions but all these options they throw at you just blow you way!

La2kw
01-05-2006, 03:59 PM
People make a good point about having to eat more food than normal, but from what I see at Disney, people seem to snack all day long, plus eat big breakfasts and so if you adjust to eating smaller breakfasts and not so many snacks, that would take care of the appetizers and dessert. For us, we eat very small breakfasts in our villa, moderate lunch (usually table service, but now with plan, we'll be eating counter service - healthy options only as we don't really eat burgers/fries) and a good supper. We have a small snack throughout the day and one before bed, but we do drink lots of water in the July heat.

It is important to use your own dining habits, but we see so many people spending a ton of money on snacks, which includes pop (park goers seem to love to drink pop, something we never do) - because they eat counter service fast food which doesn't seem to fill people up as well as eating more healthy options. I guess I'm wondering if some people spent less on their snack budgets, they could then apply this to table service options and there then wouldn't be such a difference in using DDE as opposed to DDP. For us, DDP saves money as eating one table service meal alone could easily take care of most of the daily credit and we don't even eat that much food, but the prices are high and that's what makes the DDP a good deal for us.

Just a thought, Tiger

We buy water at Publix or Target and byo into the parks. I can't see spending $2.50 on one bottle of water in the parks. We rarely buy snacks, occasionally a box of popcorn or something like that- definitely not daily. We will buy an occasional treat as well- pastries in France or Norway, etc. Even with all that, we still do not average over $38/person for the four of us. As for fast food not being healthy, there are plenty of healthy choices at the fast food restaurants. There are many things to choose from besides burgers and chicken strips. We eat quick service a lot and I never even touch a burger, pizza, or chicken strips.

CarolMN
01-05-2006, 04:01 PM
The Dining Plan credits are valid from the time you check in until midnight of the day you check out.

Best wishes -

RoyalCanadian
01-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Just because you have a 2BR reservation in hand does not automatically mean that there will be a studio and a 1BR available for you to reserve in its place. Your cancelled 2BR ressie will go to whoever else is looking for a 2BR and you will be in a separate "line" for the 1BR and studio.

Best of luck in switching your reservations.

canwegosoon
01-05-2006, 04:22 PM
I know for us it would be a big saving..plus I love the fact that tax and tip are included...We will be using it on December trip...good luck getting ARD's...by then they really will be hard to come by.

Tiger926
01-05-2006, 04:40 PM
La2kw - After numerous trips to Disney we've determined that bringing water into the parks in July does not work. They are warm well before we even enter the parks, plus, they are very heavy. After having our DD hospitalized while in Florida very far from home in Canada with severe dehydration and other serious illnesses, we have decided that cold water in the parks is a necessity and not a luxury. Our daughter has dehydration issues, so we must make sure she has cold water to drink at all times. We do buy water for drink in our villa at Target, but we buy it in the parks at all times.

Regarding counter service, I am noticing that there are more healthy options, which is why we are giving the dining plan a try. In regards to snacks, we don't buy many snacks either as popcorn in July is silly, plus ice cream just makes you more thirsty and we don't drink pop either. We are going to use our snack credits for water and maybe an ice cream a day as a treat for our DD. You are lucky if you aren't spending $38.00 a day and still eating healthy, hopefully they'll be even more healthy choices by July as we haven't eaten counter service in a few years.

Tiger

2giddy4wdw
01-05-2006, 04:55 PM
I have used the meal plan in the past and have saved quite a bit of money. Granted we don't eat all of that food all the time...but it's nice to have the choice. And the one thing that we did was have them pack the dessert to go. And the we can always eat it later. We were very excited that they were adding it to the DVC. That was one of the questions when we bought into the DVC that we were worried about. I love that I don't have to worry about money for food. It's already paid for. And when DH and I went for our anniversary alone in 2003 we went to Wolfgang Pucks, the waiter asked if we were on the plan and we said yes. Well he told us of a dinner that they had that was filet mignon and a 1lb lobster tail (not whole lobster). The price was $100 just for the meal. Well I have to admit that I got that meal. I ate my appetizer, most of the filet and all the lobster tail. Then I had my dessert packaged to go and we ate it later that night at our room. And if you think about it if you go to just one buffet they are usually 25.00 a person, that's most of the price for one day. It sounds like a lot of food, but after walking all day and we still walk more afterwards, it stays with you. Unlike eating a small meal and then eating again later. And I must admit...I have never gained weight while being at Disney. You get so much excerise walking that you don't need to worry about it. And besides they are adding so many healthy choices too. I know that we will be using it for all of our trips.

Simba's Mom
01-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Although I haven't yet done the math on the dining plan, I'm taking a solo trip in August, and I'm planning on getting the dining plan, doing the math, and deciding which is better. Can you tell I'm a math teacher?! This actually sounds fun to me, and I look forward to doing it. One thing that will really make a difference to me as to whether or not it's worth it is whether the BCV Marketplace starts taking the dining plan and especially if the gelato is considered a snack!

Simba's Mom
01-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info, since we were thinking of splitting a stay. I want to make sure I understand-so if we stay 7 nites at OKW, then 4 at BCV, we must use all 7 of our TS credits during the OKW stay. Or if we stayed 2 nites at SSR, then 9 at OKW, we couldn't go to 2 signature dining resturaunts (the ones that use 2 credits each) in those 2 nites at SSR, unless we paid cash at one of them. This is what it sounded like, am I right?

thelionqueen
01-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I think it totally depends on your family's eating habits. We are a family of 2 adults 2 children. The dining plan for our 10 day stay is just over $970.00.

One of the things that is as important to me as the savings, is the convenience. I've noticed a couple of other posters mention this, but it is really a huge plus for us.

Not having to budget for food, not having to worry how much it is going to cost and not having to use a CC or Debit Card for every meal. Just give em your key card, and you're done! Voila! It is wonderful. On top of the savings it is a must do for us!

We also like to eat and eating out is a big draw for our family. Since we've been several times, scheduling meals around parks and activities is very easy and actually better for us.

I don't think I will ever go without the dining plan again, it was absolutely wonderful.
BTW...we did have food left over, but we treated a family behind us in line to a free lunch, they were thrilled!

thelionqueen
01-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Can you pay for the plan before check-in?
No, only at check-in. BTW it must be added before check-in, you cannot add it at the resort desk.

nezy
01-05-2006, 05:56 PM
We often visit w/ my mother who would not be in our room, but would be with us at meals.
What happens when only some members of the party are on the Dining Plan?

nezy
01-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Does BCV have lock-offs?
How would that work-if you had a 1BR w/ a Studio loc-off. Can one-half of the room use the DDP?

Laurajean1014
01-05-2006, 07:03 PM
I have a question:

11 persons (8 adults and 3 children) going to WDW on DDE? How do they pick the one person that will not be on DDE? Is it the lowest cost person, highest cost person? Do they let you pick?

JimMIA
01-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks! :worship:

After all of the silly, duplicative and repetitive threads from folks who didn't bother to read any of the dozen other threads wanting to know the details of the dining plan -- AT LAST, a positive contribution!

I knew it would happen sooner or later.

CarolMN
01-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I have a question:

11 persons (8 adults and 3 children) going to WDW on DDE? How do they pick the one person that will not be on DDE? Is it the lowest cost person, highest cost person? Do they let you pick?
No idea. My guess is that the waitstaff would let you pick in hopes it would influence the size of his/her tip. I bet most DDE users tip 20% - the amount of the discount.

Best wishes -

paults
01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
if you don't get seating at table for all 11 and need 2 seperate tables you can use both your cards 1 at each table. tell CM to do 2 checks and you sit at one and if married DW sit at the other.

paults
01-05-2006, 07:57 PM
if your ressie is for a 2 bedroom then all guests will need to pay for DDP if they use it or not

SCDizneyDawn
01-05-2006, 08:26 PM
If your reservation is for a one br and a studio, be aware that you may have just that, a one br and a studio, that are not connected, not a two br. You could request that they be connected to make a two br, but that is not always possible, depending on how busy the resort is.

Just wanted you to think of that!

BillPA
01-05-2006, 09:29 PM
The Luau is one of those meals that "costs" 2 Table Service 'coupons'. It might be better to just pay cash, especially if you have DDE.

pbharris4
01-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the info, since we were thinking of splitting a stay. I want to make sure I understand-so if we stay 7 nites at OKW, then 4 at BCV, we must use all 7 of our TS credits during the OKW stay. Or if we stayed 2 nites at SSR, then 9 at OKW, we couldn't go to 2 signature dining resturaunts (the ones that use 2 credits each) in those 2 nites at SSR, unless we paid cash at one of them. This is what it sounded like, am I right?

1. Yes..if you stayed 7 nts @ OKW you'd have to use all your credits (TS, CS, and snack) by midnight of the day you check out of OKW (regardless if you're going to another DVC resort). When you check into BCV you will then get your credits for THAT stay. If you were staying 11 nts at 1 DVC resort they wouldn't expire until you check out, but since it's a split stay (with 2 res. #s) it's treated seperately. So if you were planning on using most of your credits for TS meals the first 7 days and cooking for the last 4 days..you couldn't do that.

If you were to stay 2 nites at SSR and 9 nts @ OKW..during the 2 nts at SSR you would only have 2 TS credits so on the DP you would have to pay for one of them OR wait until you got to OKW. Plus with split stays you get a different room key card (the DP info is on the card) for each resort.

Personally, it would be wonderful it it was all pooled together because it would be a whole lot less confusing!
HTH

JIM MIA: you're too funny! :)

gopherit
01-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Did the math, and think it's a really good option for our fam of 5!

And understand this is coming from someone who hasn't done CS since 1998, and usually eats half her meals in the villa or from a small cooler! ;) I should also note that I did the math on the DDE and it does NOT appear to be a good thing for us.

So why does it DDP work for us where DDE doesn't?

DDE requires an AP - but our fam has oodles of old PHP passes and goes to WDW once per year and prefers to do a park all day one day... then not at all the next. Not exactly conducive to a DDE. And while I may have a libation or two, DH rarely ever drinks alcohol, so no savings on that high-markup item. We usually only make one big long trip to WDW every year or 2. Just not conducive to DDE savings.

As for the DDP - using the first 7 days of our last trip as an example, we spent about $1100 on food (and that includes groceries for meals cooked in the villa, as well as any snacks ans such.) Using the DDP, our cost is about $952 for the same # of days. A modest savings. THis includes using 2 TS for a HDDR meal. For kids, you are actually coming out ahead on HDDR - typically a kid's price for HDDR is $25. But two days of a kid's DDP is only 21.96, so even if you then use both the TS for HDDR, you still get 2 CS and 2 snacks per kid - plus pocket change to spare - relative to the usual pricing! Not too shabby, sez I. PLus - our DS will be classified as an "adult" by WDW this year, and that means meals will cost more than the 1100 I forecast based on last year's receipts. (The DDP calc is based on 3 adults and 2 kids).

Our only dilemma with the DDP - I sure do wish we could "trade up" some CS for TS, LOL. We love so many of the TS dining places, it's always so hard to limit oneself!

We figure we will use 2 TS for HDDR, and do our best to stretch out what we buy. All I know is, from this mom's perspective, not having to do a bunch of grocery shopping (and better still - not having to then do something with the left-overs afterwards!) and cooking is worth its weight in gold! WHen our kids were much smaller, we used the kitchen more because the kids needed that downtime to not have to practice restaurant manners 24/7. And it was great getting them something to eat BESIDES a chicken nugget or burger, LOL! Our kids are old enough now, however, to be excellent little diners and also adventurous enough to find something enjoyable on virutally any menu. I think that helped in the decision process.

I am intrigued, however, by all the comments in this thread about too much food and wanting a plan that lets you "order what you want". I did my calcs based on what we actually ate, and from that, determined we could get the same stuff for less moeny with the DDP. THe fact that we get more food than what I calculated doesn't mean we have to eat it, LOL. I think that's just an issue that varies from person to person with their individual spending habits. Me, I'll order what I want, whether it's 10 bucks or 1. But DH - I could totally see him feeling he should get the best "bargain". I plan on stretching those CS out quite a bit - perhaps getting 2 of our 5 daily CS in the morning and splitting them for a group b'fast, then getting the remainder at lunch and splitting. We also will be "short" by one TS (since we plan to do HDDR) so there's a day wherein we could use a CS if necessary. And I know we will still do a fair portion of breakfasts in the room - simply because my kids wake up hungry and really enjoy their quickie breakfast in the room routine! A box or two of cereal, packets of oats and grits, some milk and a token banana or two should fill that bill nicely without much cost at all.

gopherit
01-06-2006, 12:44 AM
ANother thing I guess I had't included in my post - it sure would be nice to have a fairly clear dollar value on what you will spend for food. Great for budgeting. No worrying about tips and taxes and such would be great!

I can also see that, if you were traveling with family, it would totally do away with the whole "we'll get this meal, you get the next, who pays for what" dilemma. We often bring family with us and sometimes that finance stuff gets messy. WIth DDP, everybody's on the plan, so just fork over your key accordingly!

gopherit
01-06-2006, 12:52 AM
BTW...we did have food left over, but we treated a family behind us in line to a free lunch, they were thrilled!

I think that is so cool! You made two memories that day - one for you, one for them! I could easily see doing that with excess desserts - hey table #3 - would you like a No Way Jose? We have one too many over here! Our treat!

What a neat gesture to demonstrate before kids, too! Tis better to give than to gorge, LOL... :goodvibes

La2kw
01-06-2006, 01:03 AM
They probably do it the same way that they do CRT. They take your credit card number, but don't actually charge the deposit. If you don't cancel within 48 hours and don't show up, then they charge your credit card. It's kind of like giving a hotel your credit card to hold a reservation.

Best wishes -

P.S. Welcome to the DVC Forum! Nice to see your first post is with us!

Unfortunately, there's a new policy at CRT beginning 2/1/06. From AllEarsNet: "NOTE: Once these changes go into effect (February 1, 2006), payment in full with a credit card will be required at the time of booking for all meals at Cinderella's Royal Table. If you do not have a credit card, the reservation cannot be made. All reservations for dining at Cinderella's Royal Table prior to February 1, 2006, will follow current pricing and deposit payment policies."

A price hike also goes into effect the same day: "Breakfast: $31.99 ages 10 and up; $21.99 ages 3-9. Lunch: $33.99 ages 10 and up; $22.99 ages 3-9.-- Dinner will become a fixed-price, set meal, also, hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. You will also have the chance to have your photo taken before dining, with a photo package similar to that mentioned above offered to you during the meal. In addition, you will receive a special, unframed, unmatted lithograph (worth $50), given exclusively to diners at Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner. Dinner: $39.99 ages 10 and up; $24.99 ages 3-9."

SoCalKDG
01-06-2006, 02:06 AM
So if I stay 5 nights at BWV in a 2 bedroom, no dining plan, then move to BCV for 4 nights, I'd assume I could get a dining plan for just those 4 nights, yes?

bicker
01-06-2006, 04:57 AM
LOL, Brian - are you sure? California Grill and the Flying Fish are both 2 TS credit locations.You're correct, again. That just goes to show that the folks at Disney are very good at pricing things just exactly as they should be priced, so folks are getting a good-enough deal (like, saving $15), but not so much of a good deal that it makes the decision which way to go easy. Everything is priced what it is actually worth, no more and no less.

Dean
01-06-2006, 07:53 AM
So if I stay 5 nights at BWV in a 2 bedroom, no dining plan, then move to BCV for 4 nights, I'd assume I could get a dining plan for just those 4 nights, yes?Yes and this is one of the best ways to approach the plan. You'd want to check in to BCV early, even if your room wasn't ready, and you'd then have the full day of check in and check out to use them. IMO, this works better for the first part of the stay than the second assuming you are not arriving too late.

I was wondering if they would drop days like they did with the LOS passes which had pretty much the same requirements.

CarolMN
01-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Did some research over on the Restaurant Board. Posters there say that they do not charge the Credit Card if you are on the Dining Plan. (Everyone not on the DP gets charged the full price up front). However, if DP people are a no shows and don't cancel in time, the full price of the meal(s) gets charged to your card.

Those who want to be sure should give Disney Dining a call and see what the CM says about payment for those on the Dining Plan.

Best wishes -

NMW
01-06-2006, 10:12 AM
I thought there were a lot of 2 credit TS restuarants.

In addition to California Grill & the Brown Derby, the 2 credit TS options include Artist Point, Flying Fish, Coral Reef, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Citricos, Narcoose's, and Jiko. Might be one or two more, can't remember. Also there is a surcharge for some menu items at Planet Hollywood & Captain Jack's (think it is the lobster entrees). IIRC, all of the dinner shows require 2 TS credits as well.

Best wishes -

For 2006 there is a change- Coral Reef goes down to 1 credit and CRT (all meals) goes up to 2 credits. They have the 2006 list on the official WDW website. The list on the DVC site is from 2005. Oh also for 2006, Raglan road is on and is 1 credit. :)

NMW
01-06-2006, 10:21 AM

As I understand it (from the restaurant board), there are NO resrictions at any Disney owned restaurant. The exception to that is if an appetizer is meant for 2 people, 2 people must use it as their appetizer. I have also read many posts about CM's letting and even suggesting one person ordering a 2 person appetizer though, so I think that depends on the both the place and the CM. :)

There is no special menu. There is a FAQ thread sticky on the restuarant board that explains all of this too.

The DTD locations, not being Disney owned, apparently charge a surcharge on a couple of their most expensive items (like lobster), but you can still get them, you just have to pay a few dollars extra. There are only a few DTD TS restaurants in the plan to begin with, but all Disney owned TS ones take it.

Laurabearz
01-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I havent looked into the dining plan at all. Not interested in planning ALL our meals.... DDE makes us happy!!

Cuddlemama
01-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Sorry for crossposting from the restaurant board, but I posted there and then realized that you guys may have better information on the issue.

We're going to the world again in Jan. 07 (and Jan. 08, Jan, 09..etc...~laugh~), and are going to be trying out the Dining Plan for the first time then.

At the time of our 07 trip, we'll be travelling with 6 adults, 2 preschoolers and two toddlers. The two toddlers will be 2.5 and nearly 3, and are both HUGE eaters, who would really not be satisfied picking off of other people's plates.

Has anyone ever purchased the dining plan for a child under 3? Is it allowed? I can't imagine why it wouldn't be, but I just wonder if it's happened before and how it worked out?

I understand that with regular DDP, your plan was tied to your ticket, so it would have been cost prohibitive to purchase for kids who would not normally be ticketed for admission. But the DVC plan doesn't require any particular admission media, so that wouldn't be an issue here.

~L

CarolMN
01-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Just ask MS if it is OK to purchase for the toddlers - I'm sure it would be OK.

Your other alternative is just to pay out of pocket for something off the menu for them when sharing won't be enough. Remember that you can get them their own food (at no charge) at all of the buffet restaurants, so if you are planning on going to any of those, it might work out to just order (and pay) something for the toddlers when you are at the sitdowns or counter service places.

Best wishes -

yitbos96bb
01-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Just ask MS if it is OK to purchase for the toddlers - I'm sure it would be OK.

Your other alternative is just to pay out of pocket for something off the menu for them when sharing won't be enough. Remember that you can get them their own food (at no charge) at all of the buffet restaurants, so if you are planning on going to any of those, it might work out to just order (and pay) something for the toddlers when you are at the sitdowns or counter service places.

Best wishes -

Yeah, I can't see Disney turning down someone paying them money. They just don't FORCE you to buy until they are 3. The Kids DP is pretty cheap though... A lot of peopel use the credits to do more signature restaurants and then order OOP for the kids as Carol mentioned.

MotherOf2Princesses
01-06-2006, 11:46 AM
you know $10.99 is cheap for a days worth of food at Disney. When I go in April my daughter will be 2 1/2. By time I pay for a snack and a kids meal at a counter restaurant I would spend $10. She has an older daughter and will want her own food and the same thinks as big sister. She'a a big girl now.
So if I can't add the plan for a 2 year old, perhaps they can change my ressie to make her 3. No harm it won't cost more since it's not a MYW package with tickets.
I will try that now.

MotherOf2Princesses
01-06-2006, 11:57 AM
you know $10.99 is cheap for a days worth of food at Disney. When I go in April my daughter will be 2 1/2. By time I pay for a snack and a kids meal at a counter restaurant I would spend $10. She has an older daughter and will want her own food and the same thinks as big sister. She'a a big girl now.
So if I can't add the plan for a 2 year old, perhaps they can change my ressie to make her 3. No harm it won't cost more since it's not a MYW package with tickets.
I will try that now.

Well I added it but had to have my ressie changed and make her 3. MS really tried to talk me out of this. She was young probably didn't have kids. My 2 year old sometimes eats more than my 5 year old. It cost an extra $54.95. Now I can get her the same foods as her sister without spending alot.
By the way I'm a first time renter not a member. I will be buying my tickets at the Disney Store. Her age change won't affect me.

bwbuddy5
01-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Mission partially accomplished; still in 2BR for 1st two nights, split last three nights. I'm on the wait list for the remaining nights, one night at a time, but even if it doesn't work out, changing rooms mid-week will not be that big of a deal (that will be our rest day; we've done it before). Plus, DDP will actually kick in as soon as we switch over in mid-week, so we'll only be without DDP for two days.

The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm liking it. The wife didn't want both appetizers and desserts for everyone, but she likes the idea of us sharing her salad, and my dessert and entree.

I WILL be ordering the most expensive item on the menu! (I would have before, if I felt I could afford it).

Scotch
01-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't like the dining plan options for kids because you are limited to ordering from the kids menu when available. I think the kids menu offering at WDW restaurants are severely limited and boring, the same burger, pizza, mac & cheese over and over at most places, for lunch and dinner. We often order off the adult menu even for our current 20 month old (e.g., an appetizer or an entree to share with one of us) for the variety and the availability of healthier food options.

cinderella97
01-06-2006, 01:22 PM
I havent looked into the dining plan at all. Not interested in planning ALL our meals.... DDE makes us happy!!

I have to agree. I'm a planner, but not that much. I prefer the DDE as well!

MotherOf2Princesses
01-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Well I have to agree. We are not a burgers and fries type of family. My youngest would rather get fruit than the fries. We try to eat at counter places that offer alot of choices. Now my 5 year old loves pizza, mac & cheese and ice cream. She doean't get that type of food often, but on vacation she can have what she wants. And mom is off the diet while on vacation.
I do wish the sit down restaurants would offer better choices.
I got the plan just so my youngest could have the same choices as her sister if she wants and at $10.99 I think it's a bargain.

CarolAnnC
01-06-2006, 01:36 PM
We have decided to consolidate all the DVC Dining Plan threads into one place where all the information can be found. Please feel free to add to Dining Plan thoughts and/or questions here.

As always, please visit our Restaurant Board for general Dining Plan questions that may not pertain to DVC.

Thanks everyone! Bon apetit..

Dale-Not-Chip
01-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Several people further up was wondering about the math. Here it is.

Keep in mind the Al a cart is based of menu prices over a year old.

There have been many questions about the + Dining
Is it worth it or not

The Break Down

Adults 2 Kid 1

Day 1 Animal Kingdom
+Dining Same thing Al a cart

$86.97

Safari Popcorn - Snack
Popcorn Popcorn $2.75
Soda Soda $2.39
Soda Soda $2.39

Flame Tree BBQ - Counter Lunch

1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs
$8.49
1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs
$8.49
Baked Chicken Wings
$3.99
Key Lime Pie - $2.79
Key Lime Pie - $2.79
Key Lime Pie - $2.79
Drink $1.99
Drink $1.99
Drink $1.99

Dinner
Boma Flavors of Africa - Animal Kingdom Lodge

adult $24.99
adult $24.99
child $10.99
tip $9.20

Total
86.97 $113.01

Day 2 Magic Kingdom

Crystal Palace Char meal

adult $17.99
adult $17.99
Child $9.99
tip $6.90

Snack
funnel cake x3 $9.87

PINOCCHIO'S VILLAGE HAUS
Monstro's Turkey Sandwich $7.29
Geppetto's Bacon Double Cheeseburger $7.29
Child's Hot Dog $3.99
Drink x3 $5.97
Rice Krispy Treat x3 $6.87

Total
$86.97 $94.15

day 3 Epcot

drinks x3 $5.97

Lunch
Electric Umbrella

Bacon Double Cheeseburger Meal - with fries $7.29
Bacon Double Cheeseburger Meal - with fries $7.29
Macaroni and Cheese $3.99
Cheesecake x3 $10.47
drinkx3 $5.97

Dinner
Rose and Crown Dining Room

Fruit and Cheese Plate $6.99
Grilled Prawns $8.99
Pan-Seared Salmon Filet $17.79
Rose and Crown Steak and Prawns $19.99
Harry Ramsdens Famous Fish and Chips $6.49
King or Queens Ice Cream Sundae $2.59
Baily's Irish Cream Brulee $4.59
Warm Apple Crumble topped with ice cream $4.99
Drink x3 $5.97
tip $11.75

Total
$86.97 $131.12

Now I picked the most expencive things off the menu. You could order cheaper, but if this is what you would want to order this is the Diffrence

+dining 3 day 2 adult 1 child = $260.91
Same al a cart = $338.28

Clearly I choose the most expencive menu Items. Your personal tastes is most likely diffrent. But this lets you see the breakdown.

This was also taking for granted a 15% tip. Your Tipping habits could change the results.

SnowWitch
01-06-2006, 03:51 PM
I have been crunching numbers all week. We have 2 boys that will be 16 and turning 14 on our trip, so 4 adults on the dining plan. Our daughter will be 14 months so can we all say FREE!!! We are staying Poly concierge the first two nights of our stay, then over to the BWV's for 5 nights, and then AKL concierge the last 2 nights. I anticipate the dining plan for our Sun-Sat stay at the BWV's. We have a fairly solid idea of the places we will eat...at the very least the TS. We sat down as a family and played with the menus on Deb's site and said okay.... We usually only order 2 appe., 3 entrees (the younger son and I share) and 2 desserts. Just using that method plus tax and tip the TS alone will pretty much pay for the dining plan. The younger son and I can still share thus leaving more TS for the DH and I to share, the boys while off at the water parks can use the extra CS. So it looks like we will be going with the dining plan.

SnowWitch
01-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Okay, question. If we check into the BWV on Sun and checkout on Fri, thats 5 nights, so I pay for 5 or 6 days worth of dining?

brivers222
01-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Okay, question. If we check into the BWV on Sun and checkout on Fri, thats 5 nights, so I pay for 5 or 6 days worth of dining?

From what I have gathered... you pay for the nights and your DDP is valid from the time you pay for it (check-in) until 11:59pm of the day you check out! Plus I have read that you can share some meals meaning you can make the food credits last a bit longer as well!

Mi3stooges
01-06-2006, 08:40 PM
I just read my January e-mail from DVC and it's official, we can now get the dining plan after April 1. You can't get the plan for Hilton Head or Vero Beach. What a bargin!

::MickeyMo :love:

gamomof2
01-06-2006, 08:50 PM
We're new to DVC - bought in August. As long as you're not going over the number of people allowed in your room size do you have to list all people staying in the room? Realizing of course that those not listed wouldn't have room keys and couldn't participate in EMH or any other perks. Is listing everyone something we have to do?

pbharris4
01-07-2006, 08:26 PM
I Just posted this in a new thread..before I found this one. For now I would recommend calling WDW dining to make your ADRs because MS is still learning. WDW dining has been booking the DP for months and they know more about it. I had already made ADRs for Mama Melrose (FAntasmic Pkg) and was checking on them. MS told me that the Fantasmic Pkg was not included in the plan. When I called WDW Dining (because MS is closed today) the man said that it IS INDEED included in the DP and is 1 TS credit.

Dean
01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Now I picked the most expencive things off the menu. You could order cheaper, but if this is what you would want to order this is the Diffrence

+dining 3 day 2 adult 1 child = $260.91
Same al a cart = $338.28

Clearly I choose the most expencive menu Items. Your personal tastes is most likely diffrent. But this lets you see the breakdown.

This was also taking for granted a 15% tip. Your Tipping habits could change the results.IMO, this is one of the mistakes many people are making evaluating these plans. They are looking at the more expensive items and assuming appetizer and desert every meal. Not very likely to happen for extended stays. And available discounts would decrease or even wipe out the savings between the 2. And given that it's a use or lose system, you need to do far more than break even to justify getting the DP.

DisneycrazedX6
01-07-2006, 09:17 PM
I apologize if I have asked a question already answered about the dining plan.
If four people are staying in the room and all four people are on the dining plan, can other people not on the plan eat with you at your table. Would they be required to order a meal or could they share your food?
I ask because, my sister in law will have two children with her. They are not going to stay on site therefore couldn't get the meal plan. I hope they will eat with us from time to time. They may want to order their own food but most likely won't eat an app. and dessert, they are on a budget trip. Can we share or is that frowned upon????
Thanks for the info! If needed: her kids are 12 and 11.

:flower:

Dean
01-07-2006, 10:43 PM
I apologize if I have asked a question already answered about the dining plan.
If four people are staying in the room and all four people are on the dining plan, can other people not on the plan eat with you at your table. Would they be required to order a meal or could they share your food?
I ask because, my sister in law will have two children with her. They are not going to stay on site therefore couldn't get the meal plan. I hope they will eat with us from time to time. They may want to order their own food but most likely won't eat an app. and dessert, they are on a budget trip. Can we share or is that frowned upon????
Thanks for the info! If needed: her kids are 12 and 11.

:flower:There are no rules that say you can't share meals and to my knowledge, never has been such a rule with any Disney Dining plan over the years. And given that Disney hasn't enforced the rule of kids eat from the kids menu, there is potential value there as well.

jpolak
01-08-2006, 06:47 AM
For our next trip in August it will be me dw, dd and my in-laws (who are also members). We are staying in a 2bdrm. Now does everyone in the room need to buy the plan? Can the three of us buy it without them?

patrizella
01-08-2006, 07:34 AM
I read that all parties staying in the room must purchase the plan. We used it last summer (it turned out that it was free, promotion-but we had originally planned to purchase) and it was a good deal. If you like going to higher end restuarants (ie-Le Cellier, Alfredos, etc) then you will easily get your $38.99's worth. Not to mention most counter service meals can run between $10-$15-So you are definitely saving. The thing is they stuff you with food-by our last day we still had almost all of our snacks left-so we went and bought a bunch of the rice krispy Mickey Heads and water bottles for the trip home. Another tip-if you haven't used this plan before-make sure when you use the table service advise your party to get different appetizers. Every person gets an appetizer-we made the mistake when we went to Sci-Fi and 3 of us got onion rings-what a waste:)

Mi3stooges
01-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Anyone can eat with you. There are severals ways of doing this. From a stand point of you having a meal with others not on the plan, you can get separate checks. I also believe you can share the food. When I was in Disney in September, we went to Capt Jacks in Downtown and my DS did not want anything from the adult menu (anyone over 9 is an adult) so he ordered from the childrens menu. Then what we did was pay for his meal since it was only about $4.99 or so, and my DH had his "dining meal" so for $4.99, my DH had 2 extra lobsters!!! That might be an alternative for your sister-in-law, meaning if you have youngsters not interested in the regular menu, she can have their meal. Also, if your child does not want something from the regular menu, they can order "down", meaning, their childs menu item can count for the meal plan, but might not be worth it.

Dale-Not-Chip
01-08-2006, 10:24 AM
IMO, this is one of the mistakes many people are making evaluating these plans. They are looking at the more expensive items and assuming appetizer and desert every meal. Not very likely to happen for extended stays. And available discounts would decrease or even wipe out the savings between the 2. And given that it's a use or lose system, you need to do far more than break even to justify getting the DP.

People asked for the Math and I gave it to them. If what you have to order scares them then my post did it's job the same as if it got someone excited. We can sit around and advise people to get it or not get it and people still wouldn't know if the plan was right for them or if it saved them money. Making a list of the most expencive menu items compared to the plan is the only way to begin to decide if it's for you.

As far as not very likely to happen. Thats not true. It really depends on the person and the vacation. My famliy of 3 went to Disney For 11 days on the premium plan. That plan is a table service for every meal. We did a Character breakfast for every meal. Granted we hardly ate anything at Breakfast. Mainly fruit. Our Savings there was not standing in lines at the park for our 7 year old to get autographs. For Luch and Dinner it was the most expencive and app and Dessert as well. Did we eat it all. NO. Did we enjoy it all? Yes. We are just working class people. When we go to resturants at home we not only look at what we want we also look at the price. We often settle for a cheaper meal in order to not spend as much. On Vacation I do NOT want to worry about a budget. I love my meals being prepaid weather otr not I save a dime. We used the plan to try new things. We had 3 diffrent Apps at the table. Tried some from all of them. Left some of all of them. We ordered what we wanted off the menu. If you know anything about Chefs their most expencive meals are most expencive for a reason. Did we leave some on the plate? Yes. And desserts were fantastic. Although we left some of it as well.

Some will say this is a waste of food. If it was at our house it would be, but at a resturant the food is wasted as soon as it's delivered to the resturant. It would not have gone to feed the homeless. And the do order more than is expected.

As I have said before. There are cheapers way to eat at Disneyworld. This plan is NOT for someone looking for the cheapest way to eat at Disney. Especially for the DVC people that has a fridge. the DP is a way to save money eating the most expencive way at Disneyworld. My price breakdown just showed that.

Tiger926
01-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Mi3stooges - Umm, don't think that's the intention of it at all. Boy, Disney sure needs to make a set of Dining Plan rules as people are getting absolutely ridiculous with how much they are cheating the system. All kinds of things in life function on unwritten rules and implied statements, but it seems that most people are totally playing games when it comes to the Dining Plan, or so it would seem most DISers are as evidenced by the ridiculous threads on this topic as of late.

Tiger

sedelen
01-08-2006, 10:58 AM
We are DVC members and are going to Boardwalk in June. We have booked a second room for my sister and her family at the Boardwalk as well. Will they be eligible for the Dining plan as well? Thanks.

Chuck S
01-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Yes, just let MS know. When I asked about the dining plan for guests that have their own room (since we won't be using it, but they may want it), MS said to let them know about 48 hours before you arrive so they can link the dining plan into the ressie.

browniemtb
01-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Spoke to my DVC rep yesterday......The plan covers everyone anyway. There are no discounts for owners. Its $37.99 a day per adult for 1 counter service, 1 snack, and 1 sit down dinner. Which eating in Disney isn't bad. We used it last year and got our monies worth....specially character dining.
Brownie
Soon to own

dsneygirl
01-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I get the impression from reading other posts "no" but I'm not sure. If not when do you have to decide by?

CarolMN
01-08-2006, 03:00 PM
My understanding is that you have to do it before check in. You cannot add it at check in or after check in.

Best wishes -

Chuck S
01-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I asked MS when I changed ressies last week. She said MS would like 48 hours advance notice to add it to your ressie.

dsneygirl
01-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks everyone. Good to know.

byoung
01-08-2006, 06:00 PM
We will be using it. :banana: :banana: :banana:

drakethib
01-08-2006, 06:03 PM
I just got an email from DVC stating that there is a DDP for DVC Members now.

But it doesn't tell anyone how to add it to a plan.

I have never had DDP but I am thinking of trying it.

I am just wondering if I go to eat lets say at the Coral Reef, Can I order a steak or must I order something special from a DDP menu?

Thanks

Dean
01-08-2006, 06:59 PM
My understanding is that you have to do it before check in. You cannot add it at check in or after check in.

Best wishes -I've wondered what "before check in" means. Can you call hours before? Must it be booked through MS or can you call the resort directly on the weekend?

DebbieB
01-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Lots of info here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=994635

Mi3stooges
01-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Mi3stooges - Umm, don't think that's the intention of it at all. Boy, Disney sure needs to make a set of Dining Plan rules as people are getting absolutely ridiculous with how much they are cheating the system. All kinds of things in life function on unwritten rules and implied statements, but it seems that most people are totally playing games when it comes to the Dining Plan, or so it would seem most DISers are as evidenced by the ridiculous threads on this topic as of late.

Tiger
Disney dosen't care who eats the meal. If you bought the plan for four then you get four. My DS (just 10) is a very picky eater and by Disney standards is considered an adult. So, he did not like the "adult" menu and ordered mac and cheese from the kids menu which we paid for. So instead of letting that nights meal go to waste, my DH had a second meal. I don't see the harm in that once in a while, considering all the money people spend on park tickets, pictures, trinkets, etc....

dsneygirl
01-09-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm worried that DVC members will start cheating the system big time and that Disney will either take it away or charge more.

If there were 4 adults staying in a 1-bedroom, it would be easy enough to tell MS that there are 2 adults and 2 children in th room and pay for the meal plan based on that. Because Disney throws all table service dining credits into one pot so-to-speak, it'd be easy for the 4 adults to eat for the price of 2 adults, 2 children.

Or am I wrong?

Dale-Not-Chip
01-09-2006, 07:15 AM
it's no easier or harder for a DVC member to do that than it is for someone in a regular resort.

goofy4tink
01-09-2006, 09:03 AM
Let me ask a question here....we are traveling with two moms, and two dd's (both will be 12, turning 13 on this trip). So, we will be looking into buying 4 adult DDPs. However, my dd is very picky and eats basically chicken strips/mac and cheese/cheeseburgers/hot dogs in WDW. Could I just pay for her to order off the menu for those type things and pay cash, then put her 'meal pts' into the pot, so to speak? then the other mom and I could have one more table service meal apiece, if I paid cash for two meals for dd?? I'm not trying to get around anything, just want my dd to be able to eat but not at premium prices for a cheeseburger!!!

NMW
01-09-2006, 09:19 AM
I just got an email from DVC stating that there is a DDP for DVC Members now.

But it doesn't tell anyone how to add it to a plan.

I have never had DDP but I am thinking of trying it.

I am just wondering if I go to eat lets say at the Coral Reef, Can I order a steak or must I order something special from a DDP menu?

Thanks

You can order anything you want. Coral Reef is one dining credit for 2006 (it used to be 2). At any Disney owned restaurant (not talking about DTD non-disney owned ones) you can order any appetizer, entree, and dessert. When we were there in Dec, so many CM's just assumed we were on the dining plan and when we ordered an appetizer, they would tell us that we get one for each person. Then we would say we are not on the dining plan. I really think some of them seemed dissapointed. Maybe because the 18% tip is included?

Only the DTD locations that take the plan put any kind of surcharge for their most expensive items. You can still get them, you just pay a surcharge. From what I understand, it is just a couple things.

CarolMN
01-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Let me ask a question here....we are traveling with two moms, and two dd's (both will be 12, turning 13 on this trip). So, we will be looking into buying 4 adult DDPs. However, my dd is very picky and eats basically chicken strips/mac and cheese/cheeseburgers/hot dogs in WDW. Could I just pay for her to order off the menu for those type things and pay cash, then put her 'meal pts' into the pot, so to speak? then the other mom and I could have one more table service meal apiece, if I paid cash for two meals for dd?? I'm not trying to get around anything, just want my dd to be able to eat but not at premium prices for a cheeseburger!!!Yes.

Best wishes -

Dale-Not-Chip
01-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Let me ask a question here....we are traveling with two moms, and two dd's (both will be 12, turning 13 on this trip). So, we will be looking into buying 4 adult DDPs. However, my dd is very picky and eats basically chicken strips/mac and cheese/cheeseburgers/hot dogs in WDW. Could I just pay for her to order off the menu for those type things and pay cash, then put her 'meal pts' into the pot, so to speak? then the other mom and I could have one more table service meal apiece, if I paid cash for two meals for dd?? I'm not trying to get around anything, just want my dd to be able to eat but not at premium prices for a cheeseburger!!!

Yes you could. and Since you would be paying for all adult prices there is not even the grey area that sparks up so much debate.

The meals are grouped together and you get them at once. Since you would still have 3 adults eating - every three days you would all either get to go to a signiture Dining or get and extra ts or on the fourth day you could use for a Character breakfast. Just remember that your meal "coupons" expire at Midnight on the last day. Whats not used are lost.

NandP
01-09-2006, 09:27 AM
I did for our upcoming 4th of July week trip... 2 Adults at $37.99 1-8yo $10.99....
My only questions are... should I pay the $10.99 for my 2yo or just pay for him seperate... He would eat a whole kids meal, but not ever time... it depend on his appetite at teh time... what would you do?

And for a 5 night trip.... do we get meals for day 1 - arrival, and day 6-departurre?

NMW
01-09-2006, 09:28 AM

I really think it will depend on the restaurant and the CM. Some people on the restaurant board have been reporting that Disney is cracking down on this. Someone was told at Chef Mickey's that they could not pay out of pocket for the kids meals and use the dining plan for the adults, that everyone must use the dining plan or no one, as of Jan 1. Who knows if Disney will really enforce this.

Others have reported that CM's will let an older kid order from the childrens menu, but bring a larger portion-but they have to use a dining credit for it. Quite a few people have been reporting that now on your card it says 2 adults, 3 children. So at CS places many have reported being told they must order 2 adult meals and 3 kids meals if ordering all together.

westjones
01-09-2006, 09:36 AM
OK, I am a DVC member, and I am staying at BWV in June. We don't like going to the parks every day, so I have bought non-expire tickets that I will be using on our next 3 trips (the 10 day non-expire ones).

OK......can I still get the dining plan for my stay at BWV without buying tickets to the parks? Is this a seperate purchase that does not depend on a 'ticket package'?

Thanks,
DJ

brivers222
01-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Going along the lines of the Menu items available... Does the Kitchen Sink get included as a one person dessert at Beaches and Cream? If not, how would one get that on the DDP.

And that skillet selection at Whispering Canyon, Is that available for the DDP? Because My DW and I would have to share that one I think :D

Chuck S
01-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Going along the lines of the Menu items available... Does the Kitchen Sink get included as a one person dessert at Beaches and Cream? If not, how would one get that on the DDP.

And that skillet selection at Whispering Canyon, Is that available for the DDP? Because My DW and I would have to share that one I think :D

From other threads, I don't think the Kitchen Sink is available at all on the dining plan. Out of pocket only.

Don't know about the skillet at WC, I'm thinking they don't allow folks to share the skillet, whether they are on cash or DDP.

OK, I am a DVC member, and I am staying at BWV in June. We don't like going to the parks every day, so I have bought non-expire tickets that I will be using on our next 3 trips (the 10 day non-expire ones).

OK......can I still get the dining plan for my stay at BWV without buying tickets to the parks? Is this a seperate purchase that does not depend on a 'ticket package'?

The DVC version does not require ticket purchase, it is linked to your DVC resort stay only.

Dale-Not-Chip
01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
I did for our upcoming 4th of July week trip... 2 Adults at $37.99 1-8yo $10.99....
My only questions are... should I pay the $10.99 for my 2yo or just pay for him seperate... He would eat a whole kids meal, but not ever time... it depend on his appetite at teh time... what would you do?

And for a 5 night trip.... do we get meals for day 1 - arrival, and day 6-departurre?

I would not buy this plan for your two year old. You are not required to get it for them therefore I wouldn't. It's a lot of food. Let your 2yr old eat off your plates. Order an App that is more kid friendly, let them eat off your plate and order a little extra when needed. Trust me it will be fine.

Next question - 5 night trip = 5 ts, 5 counter, 5 snack. Expires at midnight on your 6 day.

calypso*a*go-go
01-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been addressed: Is the Dining Plan available to DVC member staying onsite at non-DVC resorts? There are eight of us staying @ POP (we did have ressies at SOG but just switched as they are no longer participating in EMH). We have AP's so just went with room-only. Anyone inquire about this yet?

CarolMN
01-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been addressed: Is the Dining Plan available to DVC member staying onsite at non-DVC resorts? There are eight of us staying @ POP (we did have ressies at SOG but just switched as they are no longer participating in EMH). We have AP's so just went with room-only. Anyone inquire about this yet?
No - the DP is not available to DVC members unless they are staying at a DVC resort. It wouldn't be available even if you were staying at a mod or deluxe on points.

If you want the Dining Plan for your POP stay, you'll have to go by CRO/WDWTC rules. AFAIK, you still have to buy a room & ticket package to add on the DIning Plan.

Best wishes -

DisneyGirl83
01-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Is it per night or per day...for example if i'm staying 15 nights/16 days would I be charged 37.99 each night or each day? TIA

LIFERBABE
01-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Is it per night or per day...for example if i'm staying 15 nights/16 days would I be charged 37.99 each night or each day? TIA

The Dining Plan is charged Per Night. You have until midnight of your checkout day to use the credits. So you would be charged $37.99x15.

Having just returned from WDW with a 2 year old, she ate more than we expected, and if allowed, I think paying $11 per day would have not been a bad deal. Only because, drinks are included and juices and sodas at TS and CS meals (that are not buffets) costs anywhere from $2.19 to $3. Not to mention a snack, which are always fun for toddlers. Kids meals were $4.79 plus a drink.

mom2alix
01-09-2006, 11:31 AM

Thanks,
DJ

The Dining plan is a separate purchase not tied to tickets. The only situation you would have is that obviously on the days you don't use a ticket to get into the park you wouldn't be able to eat at a restaurant in the park. Since there are so many choices at the resorts, however, you should be fine.

westjones
01-09-2006, 11:39 AM
The Dining plan is a separate purchase not tied to tickets. The only situation you would have is that obviously on the days you don't use a ticket to get into the park you wouldn't be able to eat at a restaurant in the park. Since there are so many choices at the resorts, however, you should be fine.

That sounds very nice! I love some of the resort restaurants (Chef Mickey's is a big hit with our family!). This is a great perk for DVC members!

DJ

pbharris4
01-09-2006, 01:17 PM

Thanks,
DJ

I have done the same thing. We just bought 10 day MYW Premium tickets (No Exp) so we can use them over the next several trips. The DP is not attached to tickets or anything else. The only thing required for the DP is that if you get it that everyone in your room must be on it and it must be purchased for your entire stay. However, if you are doing a split stay (say a few nights at BWV and a few nights at SSR) then you could get the DP for just the BWV portion or just for the SSR portion or for both stays. Each "stay" is a seperate reservation.

goofy4tink
01-09-2006, 01:34 PM
I really think it will depend on the restaurant and the CM. Some people on the restaurant board have been reporting that Disney is cracking down on this. Someone was told at Chef Mickey's that they could not pay out of pocket for the kids meals and use the dining plan for the adults, that everyone must use the dining plan or no one, as of Jan 1. Who knows if Disney will really enforce this.

Others have reported that CM's will let an older kid order from the childrens menu, but bring a larger portion-but they have to use a dining credit for it. Quite a few people have been reporting that now on your card it says 2 adults, 3 children. So at CS places many have reported being told they must order 2 adult meals and 3 kids meals if ordering all together.

I wouldn't even mind if my dd could order a larger portion of a child's option. It's not as if I'm paying for a childs DDP but using it for an adult. Dd just doesn't care for most of the stuff on the adult menus.

jade1
01-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Couple quick questions on ordering, EX: B&C can you order a double cheeseburger or just a single, Japan-can you order "Filet" and shrimp or just "Sirloin" and shrimp, Steak house can you add mushrooms? Or are these extra cash chargers etc? We do usually order these types of things so we want to compare apples to apples. Thanks.

NMW
01-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Couple quick questions on ordering, EX: B&C can you order a double cheeseburger or just a single, Japan-can you order "Filet" and shrimp or just "Sirloin" and shrimp, Steak house can you add mushrooms? Or are these extra cash chargers etc? We do usually order these types of things so we want to compare apples to apples. Thanks.

I bet you'd get quicker answers on the restuarant board. Many posters over there know this plan inside and out. :) The only question I'm pretty sure I can answer is the cheeseburger question. you should be able to order any entree/sandwich on the menu and use your dining credit. However, it's probably not a great use of a TS credit. You could use the same credit to get an appetizer, entree, and dessert at Le Celliar. Hurricane Hanna's is a CS restaurant, so you'd only have to use a CS credit to get a burger there.

jade1
01-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I bet you'd get quicker answers on the restuarant board. Many posters over there know this plan inside and out. :) The only question I'm pretty sure I can answer is the cheeseburger question. you should be able to order any entree/sandwich on the menu and use your dining credit. However, it's probably not a great use of a TS credit. You could use the same credit to get an appetizer, entree, and dessert at Le Celliar. Hurricane Hanna's is a CS restaurant, so you'd only have to use a CS credit to get a burger there.

Good idea, I will ask it there.

PinkTink63
01-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Has anyone else had problems pulling the list of rest. for DVC dining plan? :confused3 For some reason, my computer won't let me pull that up. It says something about my acrobat reader, but it works fine with everything else. I just wondered if anyone else is having the same problem! I have been trying for days! :crazy2:
Stephanie

luvindisneyworld
01-09-2006, 10:31 PM
I am glad to see I am not the only one.This has been driving me crazy :confused3 .
Maybe someone would be kind enough to help us out and post it here :worship: .

Misty

PinkTink63
01-09-2006, 11:06 PM
I was begining to think it was just me! :rotfl:
I just have to tell you- "That is the cutest darn baby!"
Stephanie

luvindisneyworld
01-09-2006, 11:12 PM
TY, That is my DNephew,I could just eat him up:love: .

Now if we can get someone to feel sorry for us,LOL :scratchin

PinkTink63
01-09-2006, 11:15 PM
I just want to kiss that face! :goodvibes
I wonder if anyone is going to feel sorry enough to post that for us???
I can stoop to begging if I have to! ::yes:: LOL
Stephanie

outlndr
01-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Hi I will try to post this for you, I have been looking for the info too and found it on the intercot site. I asked my cm and she said that it is the same plan offered for the MYW and DVC members. So here is the list *its long ::yes::
Also here is the web address.http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/mywdiningplan.asp

There is alot of other info there too. I am trying to get everything we can for info about it as well. You can never have too many opinions and tips. :goodvibes

Hope this helps. :flower:

Magic Your Way"
Dining Plan Participating Restaurants

Quick Service | Snack Locations
Table Service | Signature Dining & Dinner Shows

"Magic Your Way" Dining package details can be found here.

2006 Restaurant Listings

The additional cost to add the Plus Dining option to the Magic Your Way Package is $37.99 per night per adult or junior (ages 10-17), $10.99 per night for children (ages 3-9).

Quick Service Locations

Animal Kingdom
Chakranadi Chicken Shop
Flame Tree Barbeque
Restaurantosaurus
Tusker House Restaurant
Pizzafari

Blizzard Beach Water Park
Avalunch
Lottawatta Lodge
The Warming Hut

Downtown Disney
Earl of Sandwich
Cookes of Dublin
Wolfgang Puck Express

Epcot
Electric Umbrella
Fountain View Espresso & Bakery
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
Liberty Inn
Sommerfest
Sunshine Season Food Fair
Harry Ramsden Fish & Chips
Boulangerie Patisserie
San Angel Inn Cantina
Lotus Blossom Cafe
Tangierine Cafe
Yakitori House

Magic Kingdom
Casey's Corner
Columbia Harbour
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café
El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurant
The Lunching Pad
Main Street Bakery
Pecos Bill's Café
Pinocchio Village Haus
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station

MGM Studios
ABC Commissary ABC
Backlot Express
Catalina Eddie's
Rosie's All American Café
Toluca Turkey Leg Co.
Toy Story Pizza

Typhoon Lagoon
Leaning Palms
Typhoon Tilly's

All Star Resorts
World Premiere Food Court
Intermission Food Court
End Zone Food Court

Animal Kingdom Lodge
The Mara

Beach Club Resort
Hurricane Hanna's Grill

BoardWalk Inn & Villas
Spoodles Pizza Window
BoardWalk Bakery
BoardWalk Joe's

Caribbean Beach Resort
Old Port Royale

Contemporary Resort
Food and Fun Center

Coronado Springs
Pepper Market

Grand Floridian Resort
Gasparilla Grill & Games

Old Key West
Goods to Go
Turtle Shack Snack Bar

Polynesian Resort
Captain Cook's Snack Company

Pop Century
Everything POP Shopping and Dining

Port Orleans
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Saratoga Springs
Artist's Palette

Wilderness Lodge
Roaring Forks Snacks

Yacht Club
Hurricane Hanna's Grill

Snack Locations

Animal Kingdom
Chakranadi Chicken Shop
Flame Tree Barbeque
Fruit Carts
Harambe Fruit Market
Restaurantosaurus
Tusker House Restaurant
PetriFries
Pizzafari
Dino Bites
Popcorn Wagons
Ice Cream Novelty Carts
Soda Carts

Blizzard Beach Water Park
Avalunch
Lottawatta Lodge
The Warming Hut

Downtown Disney
Earl of Sandwich
Wolfgang Puck Express
Cookes of Dublin
FoodQuest

Epcot
Boulangerie Patisserie
Cantina de San Angel
Electric Umbrella
Fountain View Espresso & Bakery
Fruit Carts
Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe
Liberty Inn
Lotus Blossum Cafe
Sommerfest
Sunshine Season Food Fair
Harry Ramsden Fish & Chips
Refreshment Outpost
Refreshment Port at Showcase Plaza
Popcorn Wagons
Ice Cream Novelty Carts
Soda Carts
Yakitori House

Magic Kingdom
Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn
Casey's Corner
Columbia Harbour
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café
El Pirata Y El Perico Restaurant
Fruit Carts
The Lunching Pad
Main Street Bakery
Pecos Bill's Café
Pinocchio Village Haus
Popcorn Wagons
Ice Cream Novelty Carts
Soda Carts
Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station
Toontown Farmer's Market

MGM Studios
ABC Commissary ABC
Backlot Express
Catalina Eddie's
Fruit Carts
Rosie's All American Café
Toy Story Pizza
Popcorn Wagons
Ice Cream Novelty Carts
Soda Carts

Typhoon Lagoon
Leaning Palms
Typhoon Tilly's

All Star Resorts
World Premiere Food Court
Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar
End Zone Food Court
Team Spirits Pool Bar
Intermission Food Court
Singing Spirits Pool Bar

Animal Kingdom Lodge
The Mara
Uzima Springs Pool Bar

Beach Club Resort
Hurricane Hanna's Grill

BoardWalk Inn & Villas
Leaping Horse Libations
BoardWalk Joe's
Leaping Horse Libations Pool Bar
Spoodles Pizza Windo

Caribbean Beach Resort
Old Port Royale
Banana Cabana Pool Bar

Contemporary Resort
Food and Fun Center
The Sand Bar

Coronado Springs
Pepper Market
Siesta's Pool Bar

Grand Floridian Resort
Beach Bar
Gasparilla Grill & Games

Old Key West
Goods to Go
Turtle Shack Snack Bar

Polynesian Resort
Barefoot Pool Bar
Captain Cook's Snack Company

Pop Century
Everything POP Shopping and Dining
Petal's Pool Bar

Port Orleans
Mardi Grogs
Muddy Rivers Pool Bar
Riverside Mill
Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory

Saratoga Springs
Artist's Palette
On the Rocks Pool Bar

Wilderness Lodge
Roaring Forks Snacks
Trout Pass Pool Bar

Yacht Club
Hurricane Hanna's Grill

Table Service Locations

Animal Kingdom
Donald's Breakfastosaurus Breakfast

Downtown Disney
Cap'n Jack's Restaurant
Planet Hollywood
Raglan Road
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
All-Star Cafe

Epcot
Biergarten Restaurant
Coral Reef
Restaurant Akershus
Rose and Crown Pub & Dining Room
Garden Grill
Chefs de France
Alfredo's
Le Cellier
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki
Nine Dragons
Marrakesh
San Angel Inn
Temura Kiku

Magic Kingdom
The Plaza Restaurant
Tony's Town Square Restaurant
Cinderella's Royal Table (Becomes Signature Dining 2/1/06)
Liberty Tree Tavern
The Crystal Palace

MGM Studios
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
50's Prime Time Café
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Hollywood & Vine

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boma - Flavors of Africa

Beach Club Resort
Cape May Café
Beaches & Cream Soda Shop

BoardWalk Inn & Villas
Spoodles
Big River Grille
ESPN Club

Eagle Pines Golf Club
Sand Trap Bar and Grill

Caribbean Beach Resort
Shutters

Contemporary Resort
Concourse Steak House
Chef Mickey's

Coronado Springs
Maya Grill

Fort Wilderness
Trail's End Buffeteria
Crockett's Tavern

Grand Floridian Resort
Grand Floridian Café
1900 Park Fare

Old Key West
Olivia's Café

Polynesian Resort
Kona Café
Ohana

Port Orleans
Boatwright's Dining Hall

Saratoga Springs
None

Wilderness Lodge
Whispering Canyon Café

Yacht Club
Yacht Club Galley

Signature Restaurants & Dinner Shows
2 Table Service meals may be exchanged for either 1 Signature Dining Experience at one of Disney's finest restaurants OR for 1 Dinner Show.

Magic Kingdom
Cinderella's Royal Table (Becomes Signature Dining 2/1/06)

MGM Studios
Hollywood Brown Derby

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Jiko - The Cooking Place

BoardWalk Inn & Villas
Flying Fish Café

Contemporary Resort
California Grill

Fort Wilderness
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Mickey's Backyard Barbeque

Grand Floridian Resort
Citricos
Narcoossee's

Polynesian Resort
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Wilderness Lodge
Artist Point

Yacht Club
Yachtsman Steakhouse

luvindisneyworld
01-09-2006, 11:53 PM
TY so much for that.Now I can get down to the nitty gritty. :teeth:

PinkTink63
01-10-2006, 12:06 AM
Thank You! My new best friend!! LOL

JPC
01-10-2006, 05:03 AM
How did they decide on April 1, 2006 to start the dining plan for DVC? :idea:

Can you add the dining plan is you have previously purchased hopper passes that have not expired? I think so since the majority of the DVC have annual passes.

Do you think the dining plan is a good deal?

NMW
01-10-2006, 09:52 AM
How did they decide on April 1, 2006 to start the dining plan for DVC? :idea:

Can you add the dining plan is you have previously purchased hopper passes that have not expired? I think so since the majority of the DVC have annual passes.

Do you think the dining plan is a good deal?

The dining plan for DVC members staying on points at a DVC resort has nothing to do with tickets at all. It has to be added at least 48 hours BEFORE you get there by calling MS. You have to purchase it for every person for every night of your stay and you pay at check-in. MS will give you the exact price. Call MS, they can give you lots of info. :) Or you can read the really long threads about it!

JimMIA
01-10-2006, 10:53 AM
For those interested in the DVC dining plan, the Mods have tried to consolidate everything in one place -- under the Ongoing Discussions sticky on the DVC Forum.

You may find more complete info by going here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=994635

PinkTink63
01-10-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure that I like that Dining Plan. I would have to buy an adult for my 11 yr. old who weighs 67lbs. I think that is just too much food for us! That would be $1140 for 10 days. We don't spend that in food for 3 people. I'm disappointed in this! If they would let you buy it for part of your stay, I would do it, because I would like to try some other places to eat. :sad1:
I think I preferred the meal vouchers. Those were a better value for us!
Stephanie

Scratch42
01-10-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure that I like that Dining Plan. I would have to buy an adult for my 11 yr. old who weighs 67lbs. I think that is just too much food for us! That would be $1140 for 10 days. We don't spend that in food for 3 people. I'm disappointed in this! If they would let you buy it for part of your stay, I would do it, because I would like to try some other places to eat. :sad1:
Stephanie

Just a suggestion ~ you could always take the leftovers home for a late night snack

janet

PinkTink63
01-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I thought that I read somewhere that it excludes breakfast. Is that correct? Does that mean you cant's use it for character breakfast or even counter service breakfasts?

Stephanie

LIFERBABE
01-10-2006, 02:22 PM
I thought that I read somewhere that it excludes breakfast. Is that correct? Does that mean you cant's use it for character breakfast or even counter service breakfasts?

Stephanie

Character Breakfasts are allowed and count as 1 TS credit.
CRT is considered a Signature Restaurant and requires 2 TS credits for B/L/D.

You can use a Counter Service Credit for Food Court Breakfast, but when used this way, a dessert is not allowed.

DisneyFunFan
01-10-2006, 02:43 PM
it's no easier or harder for a DVC member to do that than it is for someone in a regular resort.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that's true. For non-DVC members, the dining plan is tied to passes. So you must buy a child's pass to get the child's meal plan.

It's not tied to passes for DVC so an adult can easily get away with using a child's meal plan if they are simply recorded as a child on the room reservation. As far as I know, Disney never double checks who is in a room and what ages, etc. They rely on the person booking to state who is in the room and what the ages are.

I suppose if it's a problem, Disney can have the check-in desk verify the age of each person on the reservation before activating the meal plan. But that's a lot of extra work to look at the IDs of everyone in the party.

PinkTink63
01-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I am right there with you skoi! That is a lot of food!
Since, you have to buy it for every day, and I wouldn't want to waste food, I would feel like I had to eat it! (I can't help it! I don't like to waste! Yes, I live in Oregon, and we are not wasters! LOL Big recyclers!)
I would probably have to bring a larger set of clothes for the trip home! LOL
Stephanie

mom2alix
01-10-2006, 02:54 PM

Stephanie

I think you may have read that breakfasts exclude desserts (that's something that has been posted quite a bit lately). The dining plan definitely can be used for breakfasts both CS and TS and is good at most of the character breakfast locations, although CRT requires 2 TS credits. HTH! :earsgirl:

PinkTink63
01-10-2006, 02:56 PM
O.K. That makes more sense! Thank You!

westjones
01-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that's true. For non-DVC members, the dining plan is tied to passes. So you must buy a child's pass to get the child's meal plan.

It's not tied to passes for DVC so an adult can easily get away with using a child's meal plan if they are simply recorded as a child on the room reservation. As far as I know, Disney never double checks who is in a room and what ages, etc. They rely on the person booking to state who is in the room and what the ages are.

I suppose if it's a problem, Disney can have the check-in desk verify the age of each person on the reservation before activating the meal plan. But that's a lot of extra work to look at the IDs of everyone in the party.

Or couldn't you just not list the kids (especially the ones that Disney considers adults) in the room so you only have to buy the dining plan for the adults. Then you could share the meals with the kids.

Maybe this wouldn't work, but this is what I thought was meant by it being easier for DVC member to 'cheat' the system.

dtndfamily
01-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Stephanie

I don't think there is anything against booking two different ressies, one for the first few days and another for the last few. That way you can experience the meal plan for some of your stay and then you can walk off the extra pounds the remainder of your stay :rotfl2: . I am pretty sure this can be done.

Chuck S
01-10-2006, 03:54 PM
O.K. That makes more sense! Thank You!
Anyone not on the ressie with an ID card can not attend EMH, so just not telling Disney someone is in the room wouldn't work...nor would it be exactly "legal"...what if there were a fire, how wouuld they know if everyone was out of the bldg?

It could be dangerous, if not deadly.

Mickeygolf
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
So you have to pay for the day you're checking out too? For instance, if I'm staying a week and checking out on Saturday and leaving for the airport at 9:00 am, I should use up that day prior to my checkout day?

1000th happy haunt
01-10-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm pretty sure you purchase by the nights, not days. So a stay of 9 days 8 nights would be you purchase 8 days worth of the plan.

pouncingpluto
01-10-2006, 04:41 PM
You pay (and receive credits) based on how many nights you're staying. So, no, you don't pay for two days if you're only staying one night.

PinkTink63
01-10-2006, 06:18 PM
I was just thinking of this myself! You know what they say "Brilliant minds think alike!" LOL The only thing I am wondering about is staying in the same room if you have more than one ressie? I don't want to have to move rooms! Do you know how this works?
Thanks
Steph

JimMIA
01-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that's true. For non-DVC members, the dining plan is tied to passes. So you must buy a child's pass to get the child's meal plan. Actually, there were two meal plans.

One meal plan -- for guests of Disney resorts only, not DVC -- was strictly a pay to eat plan, something like $35/$10 for adults/kids. The DVC meal plan is an extension of this plan.

The other plan was a special promotion they used this summer to overcome the fear of death and destruction during Hurricane Season. That one was rack rate for the room + park tickets, and you got FREE meal plan. By all accounts, that plan was a HUGE success.

byoung
01-10-2006, 07:09 PM
If you go to Olivia's for breakfast it would be a ts meal . Goods To Go you could use a counter service for breakfast. :banana: :bounce: :banana:

PinkTink63
01-10-2006, 07:14 PM
How will they keep track of your usage? :confused3 For instance, do they actually give you some kind of physical voucher or is just kept track of by your room key?
Stephanie

JimMIA
01-10-2006, 07:15 PM
1.The $37.99 includes tax. I just added the plan to our May reservations and the cost was figured at $37.99/day/adult, no extra taxes etc.The prices actually include tax and, more importantly, TIP. So you're really paying a little more than $30 per day + tax + tip.

gamomof2
01-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Is there a way to assign credits to each persons name instead of the whole block to the "room"? We are taking 4 others (unrelated) and worry about excessive snacking or credit use.

Dean
01-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Or couldn't you just not list the kids (especially the ones that Disney considers adults) in the room so you only have to buy the dining plan for the adults. Then you could share the meals with the kids.

Maybe this wouldn't work, but this is what I thought was meant by it being easier for DVC member to 'cheat' the system.One could do that but it would be unethical and lying.

westjones
01-10-2006, 09:10 PM
One could do that but it would be unethical and lying.

You are right. I was just pointing out how someone could 'cheat' the system. I wouldn't want to deal with it. BUT I do like the idea of splitting visits and only getting the dining plan for part of the stay. That way you could enjoy it for a few days without getting sick of all the food. Plus we like staying at two different resorts on our visits.

DebbieB
01-10-2006, 09:33 PM

Maybe this wouldn't work, but this is what I thought was meant by it being easier for DVC member to 'cheat' the system.

Keep in mind the children will not have room keys and will not be able to use EMH.

Dean
01-10-2006, 09:45 PM
You are right. I was just pointing out how someone could 'cheat' the system. I wouldn't want to deal with it. BUT I do like the idea of splitting visits and only getting the dining plan for part of the stay. That way you could enjoy it for a few days without getting sick of all the food. Plus we like staying at two different resorts on our visits.Thanks, I had assumed that was your focus, guess I should have prefaced it. And I totally agree about legal ways to manipulate the dining plan by splitting stays at different resorts or when there are multiple rooms involved. Unfortunately for those that care, this is exactly the type of approach that killed the FnF plan.

TooPure4u
01-11-2006, 12:29 AM
LMAO at Cheating the System....these meals are by far paid for so why not get what is rightfully yours! Some people need to mellow out a bit and take a breath.....

Dean
01-11-2006, 05:34 AM
LMAO at Cheating the System....these meals are by far paid for so why not get what is rightfully yours! Some people need to mellow out a bit and take a breath.....I don't follow. Are you saying take what you can get in spite of the rules as set up?

Tiger926
01-11-2006, 06:49 AM
I'd love to hear an explanation on that one as well! I don't want to presume that is what was meant by that statement, but it sure sounds like what the general consensus seems to be as of late around here: That Disney makes so much money off of tix, resort stays and of course, dining, that it's ok to cheat and manipulate. Yikes!

Tiger

Dale-Not-Chip
01-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I was just thinking of this myself! You know what they say "Brilliant minds think alike!" LOL The only thing I am wondering about is staying in the same room if you have more than one ressie? I don't want to have to move rooms! Do you know how this works?
Thanks
Steph

You can request a continuation of stay which would give you the same room. there is no promice made till you actually check in. but either way you will have to check out then check in again to get a new room key.

If you do this remember that your old Key to the world would still have any coupons on it till midnight. and remaining Theme park tickets would be on the old card as well.

How will they keep track of your usage? For instance, do they actually give you some kind of physical voucher or is just kept track of by your room key?
Stephanie

It is on your key to the World card. much like a debit card. Every time you get e receipt it will let you know how many coupons you used and how many you have left.

I was sitting eating breakfast one morning colse enough to the register to hear. A gentelman came to the register with a full tray full. The CM told him he didn't have enough coupons to pay for it all but she helped him get the most out of what they have left. Reminding him to use snack coupons for the other two drinks. I found most Wait Staff CM trying to help you get the most for your money, they try to drive up the cost in order to increase their tip.

I hear lots of people saying they can't eat all that. And yes the serving is a bit large at Dinner. But people forget that the snacks does not have to be ice cream snacks is also bottled water.

PinkTink63
01-11-2006, 02:01 PM
I thought of using the snack for water, because we also go in Aug., so we need a lot of water!
As for Dean, I'm not trying to cheat the system! Some of us are just trying to make it work for our family. But why would I want to pay for a bunch of food that will not be eaten or wasted? We usually stay at least 10 days. If I ate that much every day, I couldn't fit into my clothes. We also like to eat other places besides Disney! I don't know about the rest of you, but we do not spend $1139.70 for food, for 3 people, in 10 days and we eat just fine!
I spoke to MS about the DP. I said, "I don't really think this would probably work for us. One reason being, my son is over 9, so I would have to pay for an adult for him. There is no way he could eat that much! He is 11 and weighs 67lbs." She told me that I could pay for a child, but he would have to order off of the children's menu.
Don't get me wrong! I think it is a good deal, if you can utilize it! I would like to try some places that we normally wouldn't go. That is all I'm saying.
Stephanie :goodvibes

brivers222
01-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I just found out that we have friends coming and looking into staying in our room for 3 nights out of the 8 we are they... Since the DP has to be paid for by everyone in your room... would they have to pay for an entire 8 nights or just the 3 they will be in our room?

gamomof2
01-11-2006, 02:37 PM
So what I'm curious about is that the above poster mentioned to MS that the son was 11 and they still offered to let them buy a childs plan. Even though it would mean ordering from a childs menu this would work perfect for us.

But I also thought that the number of credits on the receipts didn't distinguish between adult and child credit left.

westjones
01-11-2006, 02:44 PM
So what I'm curious about is that the above poster mentioned to MS that the son was 11 and they still offered to let them buy a childs plan. Even though it would mean ordering from a childs menu this would work perfect for us.

But I also thought that the number of credits on the receipts didn't distinguish between adult and child credit left.

If this were possible, we would like it too. Our twins are 12 and don't hardly eat a thing. This is the main reason we won't get the DP. My DD is already talking about how she gets to order mac and cheese at all the different places at WDW! They always eat off the kids menu.

So I don't understand this either. Can we get 2 adults and 2 kids on the DP even though my kids are 12? I have a feeling that is won't be allowed, but if it were, we would get it this summer.

DJ

PinkTink63
01-11-2006, 02:47 PM

That is what MS told me. Where they had a child's menu, he would have to choose from that.

Dean
01-11-2006, 07:32 PM
As for Dean, I'm not trying to cheat the system! Some of us are just trying to make it work for our family. But why would I want to pay for a bunch of food that will not be eaten or wasted? We usually stay at least 10 days. If I ate that much every day, I couldn't fit into my clothes. We also like to eat other places besides Disney! I don't know about the rest of you, but we do not spend $1139.70 for food, for 3 people, in 10 days and we eat just fine!
I spoke to MS about the DP. I said, "I don't really think this would probably work for us. One reason being, my son is over 9, so I would have to pay for an adult for him. There is no way he could eat that much! He is 11 and weighs 67lbs." She told me that I could pay for a child, but he would have to order off of the children's menu.
Don't get me wrong! I think it is a good deal, if you can utilize it! I would like to try some places that we normally wouldn't go. That is all I'm saying.
Stephanie :goodvibesStephanie, as I've said many times on this forum, the people that are adversely affected by any issue have the final say, or at least should have. With room occupancy, it should be the members themselves. With tickets, discounts, DP, etc; it would be Disney. So if they allow you to buy a kids meal and use it for adult meals as many have reported, that is their option. If they allow you to buy a kids meal for one who technically doesn't qualify, that is also their option. And I've said many times it is too much food a longer stay for many people, on that we agree. The decision then is whether the plan works for you with the rules as written. If you do your part, you are fine in my book. OTOH, if one lied about the ages of the children to get them under the wire for free (3 y/o) or a lower cost (10 y/o) OR if one didn't list all people in the room for the purpose of cheating the system, that would be frankly and categorically wrong. I know many people practice situational ethics but I don't intend to. While not the same from a legal standpoint, it would be no different ethically than shoplifting from a Disney shop. So in my eye the question is what you mean when you say "just trying to make it work for our family". Regardless of what MS may have told you, I doubt you'll be allowed to buy for an 11 y/o at the child's price, they have been pretty hard line over the years in that area when they knew about it. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Dean
01-11-2006, 07:34 PM
I just found out that we have friends coming and looking into staying in our room for 3 nights out of the 8 we are they... Since the DP has to be paid for by everyone in your room... would they have to pay for an entire 8 nights or just the 3 they will be in our room?My understanding is the entire length of the reservation, in this case, 8 nights. You might be able to break up the reservation into segments but you'd likely have to check in again and might even have to change rooms.

Mi3stooges
01-11-2006, 09:55 PM
I am sick to my stomach over this moral issue. I agree with pinktink63, but that is my opinion, which we are all entitled to.
I called Disney myself to to see if what I did was wrong. I explained my situation that arose and asked if there was anything wrong with it. She said no. That was all I needed to hear.

Dean
01-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I am sick to my stomach over this moral issue. I agree with pinktink63, but that is my opinion, which we are all entitled to.
I called Disney myself to to see if what I did was wrong. I explained my situation that arose and asked if there was anything wrong with it. She said no. That was all I needed to hear.What specifically do you disagree with?

TooPure4u
01-11-2006, 10:42 PM
To answer the question asked of me a few pages ago....I was simply saying that if 4 meals are paid for and a child decides he doesnt like whats on teh adult menu and chooses mac and cheese and it gets paid cash for...then the 4th meal that was not consumed by him, can be consumed by one of the other 3 people in the party...whether it is a second meal for one of them or not. That is in NO WAY cheating anything. The meal plan is for 4 people..that is 4 meals. The mac and cheese was paid for therefore the 4th meal was still out there......cheating by ordering it for someone who has already eaten??? heck no...it is that families 4th meal....period!!!

Dean
01-11-2006, 10:48 PM
To answer the question asked of me a few pages ago....I was simply saying that if 4 meals are paid for and a child decides he doesnt like whats on teh adult menu and chooses mac and cheese and it gets paid cash for...then the 4th meal that was not consumed by him, can be consumed by one of the other 3 people in the party...whether it is a second meal for one of them or not. That is in NO WAY cheating anything. The meal plan is for 4 people..that is 4 meals. The mac and cheese was paid for therefore the 4th meal was still out there......cheating by ordering it for someone who has already eaten??? heck no...it is that families 4th meal....period!!!I would agree up to a point. I'd think sharing of meals with none participants was OK and those who bought the plan to use the meals (adults for adults and kids for kids) would be OK. I personally would not be comfortable in getting extra meals for adults paid for on the kids plan. But that final call would be up to Disney.

TooPure4u
01-11-2006, 11:17 PM
No....if I remember corrrectly, the child is 10 and considered an adult....just didnt like anything on the adult menu. So there were 4 paid adult meals...and not sharing with someone not in there party..but allowing one of the adults a 2nd meal if they could fit it after the first.

You all talk about cheating, but on the Disney Cruise Line...you want to talk about wasting.....when you see a couple of 400 lb people loading a tray with 1 or 2 pieces of each dessert for just them and then seeing that they left a good half of it on the tray and left the dining room. That is a waste and was ridiculous!!! :scared1:

Dean
01-12-2006, 06:55 AM
No....if I remember corrrectly, the child is 10 and considered an adult....just didnt like anything on the adult menu. So there were 4 paid adult meals...and not sharing with someone not in there party..but allowing one of the adults a 2nd meal if they could fit it after the first.

You all talk about cheating, but on the Disney Cruise Line...you want to talk about wasting.....when you see a couple of 400 lb people loading a tray with 1 or 2 pieces of each dessert for just them and then seeing that they left a good half of it on the tray and left the dining room. That is a waste and was ridiculous!!! :scared1:If they're paid as an adult, then it is appropriate. No doubt there is a lot of food wasted on cruises, that is the way they are set up and you pay for that up front.

iwannabeinwdw
01-12-2006, 07:54 AM
I searched for this question, but didn't find one. We did the Dining Plan last year (before joining DVC) and loved it. This April my husband has a conference at the Contemporary. Given the "Premium" point season, we are staying for cash at the conference rate for 4 nts, then transfering to a DVC property for 3 nts on points. Is it possible to use the Dining Plan on a stay like this? :scratchin

Mi3stooges
01-12-2006, 08:32 AM
If they're paid as an adult, then it is appropriate. No doubt there is a lot of food wasted on cruises, that is the way they are set up and you pay for that up front.
Thank you toopure4u, I could't put into my own words, or is it just certain people don't want to understand?
:confused3

CarolMN
01-12-2006, 09:17 AM
I searched for this question, but didn't find one. We did the Dining Plan last year (before joining DVC) and loved it. This April my husband has a conference at the Contemporary. Given the "Premium" point season, we are staying for cash at the conference rate for 4 nts, then transfering to a DVC property for 3 nts on points. Is it possible to use the Dining Plan on a stay like this? :scratchinYou can get the Dining Plan for the 3 night DVC stay. It needs to be booked via MS at least 48 hours prior to check in, andmust be purchased for everyone in the room for the entire length of the stay.

For the stay at the CR, you would need to follow the CRO/WDWTC rules. Last year, those required a minimum 3 night stay and purchase for every one in the room for the entire length of the stay. You could not get the Dining Plan unless you added it to a room & ticket package. I do not know if any of those rules changed for 2006 - I imagine those on the resorts board or restaurant board would know.

Best wishes -

Callalily6
01-12-2006, 11:51 AM
I was hoping this might be offered to DVC before I went, but someone said it doesn't start until ressies for June? Is that true? I sacnned all 14 pages and didn't see restricitions - I was hoping he was wrong!

:flower:

gamomof2
01-12-2006, 12:03 PM
DVC reservations after April 1 can use it. But you can call now to add it on to the reservations.

brivers222
01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Just call up member services and add it (longest part is waiting to talk to a CM)... Each person in your room MUST pay for the ENTIRE time. Payment is made at Check-in.

Callalily6 --- Available for Ressies AFTER APRIL 1st

brandip22
01-12-2006, 03:28 PM
I just made my ressies for December 06 and added the Dining Plan. She was able to give me the total I'd need to pay at checkin. Yay! Planning is under-way!

Dean
01-12-2006, 04:12 PM
Thank you toopure4u, I could't put into my own words, or is it just certain people don't want to understand?
:confused3I'm still not sure what you disagree with. If one pays for adults and used the meals for THOSE adults, that is reasonable. If one pays for a child and Disney expressly allows the kids to eat from the adult menu, that is fine with me if fine with Disney or even to share meals with another person for a meal ordered for a payer would be ok. What is not fine, and I'd challenge anyone who disagrees, is to pay for the child's price then use the child's meals for other adults not paying for the plan or to state there were less in the party than there were for the purpose of skirting the rules. Or even to pay the child's price and use those extra meals for the adults would be just as bad. And that's true regardless of how much any of those people would eat or not, what anyone's budget was or any similar reasoning.

PinkTink63
01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
atStephanie, as I've said many times on this forum, the people that are adversely affected by any issue have the final say, or at least should have. With room occupancy, it should be the members themselves. With tickets, discounts, DP, etc; it would be Disney. So if they allow you to buy a kids meal and use it for adult meals as many have reported, that is their option. If they allow you to buy a kids meal for one who technically doesn't qualify, that is also their option. And I've said many times it is too much food a longer stay for many people, on that we agree. The decision then is whether the plan works for you with the rules as written. If you do your part, you are fine in my book. OTOH, if one lied about the ages of the children to get them under the wire for free (3 y/o) or a lower cost (10 y/o) OR if one didn't list all people in the room for the purpose of cheating the system, that would be frankly and categorically wrong. I know many people practice situational ethics but I don't intend to. While not the same from a legal standpoint, it would be no different ethically than shoplifting from a Disney shop. So in my eye the question is what you mean when you say "just trying to make it work for our family". Regardless of what MS may have told you, I doubt you'll be allowed to buy for an 11 y/o at the child's price, they have been pretty hard line over the years in that area when they knew about it. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

I agree with you on part of this. I think that there are people who try and cheat the system by not being truthful. I am not one of them. I did not ask if I could pay for a child. She offered that. And if I payed for a child for my son, I would go by the stipulation that she told me, that he has to order off of the children's menu. I don't know exactly how this plan works, but if I pay for a child, my son would order off the children's menu!
People do separate ressies for many different reasons, like trying to get there 11 month window, so they book day by day. We like to stay at 2 different resorts while we are there. So what is wrong with booking the Dining plan for half of our trip. I don't think this is being unethical or dishonest, especially when I'm upfront and say I don't want the DP for 10-11 days in a row.
That is all I meant by "making it work for our family" If I had to buy it for everyday we are there, than we wouldn't be able to eat anywhere else. We love RFC and I always have gift cards for there, I would want to be able to use those too. Part of the reason we love DVC, is because they have the kitchenettes. We like to have an occasional sandwich and some friut. We would like to take part in all that DVC has to offer, since we do pay for it!
That is all I'm saying! So we are in agreement! Mostly! :rotfl2:
I love these boards, because I have learned so much from them! ::yes::
Stephanie princess:

TooPure4u
01-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Anytime Stooges...:)

That is correct Dean. The 4th person was a 10 year old who is considered an adult. He wanted kids food...so the 4th meal would or could be consumed by one of the other three people in the party as a second meal if they could in fact fit it after the first.

I think stooges got her feelings hurt and with good reason. People on these boards are so quick to flame another instead of trying to help each other out.

Everyone have a wonderful disney day :)

jekjones1558
01-12-2006, 04:54 PM
I called MS today and the CM did not know the answer to this:
We have 2 - 1 bedrooms booked for 1 week, with 2 adults in each room. If we book the dining plan for one room (7 X $37.99 X 2) is it okay to share the meals? So if there were 14 sit down dinner credits on the card and the 4 adults went to dinner, could we use 4 credits? I have been trying to read rules but must not be looking in the right place. I do not want to do anything either illegal or immoral, but dining plans for both rooms will involve too many PS and will take too much spontaneity out of our trip. It will also compound our weight problem! (My will-power is pathetic.)
Please, no flames. This is just a question.

WebmasterDoc
01-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Yes, you can purchase the DP for only one room and share the credits with others. You can even use them all in one day if you wish.

Enjoy!

Dean
01-12-2006, 05:50 PM
at

I agree with you on part of this. I think that there are people who try and cheat the system by not being truthful. I am not one of them. I did not ask if I could pay for a child. She offered that. And if I payed for a child for my son, I would go by the stipulation that she told me, that he has to order off of the children's menu. I don't know exactly how this plan works, but if I pay for a child, my son would order off the children's menu!
People do separate ressies for many different reasons, like trying to get there 11 month window, so they book day by day. We like to stay at 2 different resorts while we are there. So what is wrong with booking the Dining plan for half of our trip. I don't think this is being unethical or dishonest, especially when I'm upfront and say I don't want the DP for 10-11 days in a row.
That is all I meant by "making it work for our family" If I had to buy it for everyday we are there, than we wouldn't be able to eat anywhere else. We love RFC and I always have gift cards for there, I would want to be able to use those too. Part of the reason we love DVC, is because they have the kitchenettes. We like to have an occasional sandwich and some friut. We would like to take part in all that DVC has to offer, since we do pay for it!
That is all I'm saying! So we are in agreement! Mostly! :rotfl2:
I love these boards, because I have learned so much from them! ::yes::
Stephanie princess:And none of this falls within the issues that I stated were a problem IMO. Having split stays are fine at different resorts, and might or might not work for the same resort since under other LOS programs, Disney's rules for other programs have stated that any consecutive nights at the same resort are considered one stay for this purposes.

I think stooges got her feelings hurt and with good reason. People on these boards are so quick to flame another instead of trying to help each other out. No one should have been offended by my post unless they were being dishonest and I want those people to be offended and feel attacked. And I qualified what I felt being dishonest was to include lying about ages, not including all in the unit on a reservation, actually getting the meals for those not paying for the plan. There are many ways to manipulate the system within the rules. Disney sets the rules and decides how to enforce them. Since it's their dime and their the one that stands to lose if it's not done correctly, that is their problem.

jekjones1558
01-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Yes, you can purchase the DP for only one room and share the credits with others. You can even use them all in one day if you wish.

WOW! Thanks for the info, Doc. Seems too good to be true.

aubeone
01-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I am renting points for 6 nights at OKW in April. Is it possible to get the dining plan? If so, what do I need to do?

*NikkiBell*
01-12-2006, 08:03 PM
My boyfriend just got information about a new DVC dining plan. Anyone hear about this? He has not read through the paperwork yet.

EDIT: It says on the paper it starts on April 1st.

MAGICinMYHEART
01-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Yes, it's a great deal for DVC Members. Over on the DVC Board you can get more info. :wave:

*NikkiBell*
01-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi there,

Anybody know if the Premium Dining Plan is offered to DVC members now too?

junkman
01-12-2006, 08:49 PM
I had the same question yesterday (going to BCV Feb 4th). I called member services and was told that YES renters and II traders can add on dining after April 1st. Too, late for me, but it'll work for you!

InstImpres
01-12-2006, 09:46 PM
If so, what do I need to do?

You need to contact the person you are renting from and ask them to add it to the reservation. It must be on the reservation before checkin but you pay at checkin,

DebbieB
01-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi there,

Anybody know if the Premium Dining Plan is offered to DVC members now too?

No, not that has been announced. DVC is just offering the MYW dining add-on.

DisneycrazedX6
01-13-2006, 06:51 AM
I called yesterday to clarify a few things and this is what I found out"

If I have two room ressies(2 studios) I can get the dining plan for the people in only one room if I like, the others do not have to get it.

When you get the dining plan, each person will have their own card with their own credits on it. An adult will have their own as well as a child. If four people are eating then you will give all four cards to the waiter. There will be no pooled credits therefore no cheating the system! This is different from what I have read on the boards and maybe only applied to DVC members, who knows. In the past, I have been given misinformation so I will try another CM in the future.

Let me know if you hear anything different!!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Dale-Not-Chip
01-13-2006, 07:50 AM
I have been given misinformation so I will try another CM in the future.

It's true. you have to keep asking untill you get the same 3 answers .

pbharris4
01-13-2006, 01:32 PM
It's true. you have to keep asking untill you get the same 3 answers .

I totally agree. I have been given wrong 2x from MS about the plan. I think that THEY are still learning about it as well. One of the things they told me was that you can't use the DP for the Fantasmic dining pkg., luckily..I didn't cancel right then and called back to WDW-DINE and the CM said that INDEED it is included and is 1 TS credit per prson. He asked who told me such a thing and after telling him someone from MS, he seemed annoyed. Supposedly..it's the exact same as the DP for non-DVCers, but just that it isn't tied to hotel reservations or tickets. If anyone calls..I'd say ask to speak with either a manager or someone who is very well educated on the DP.

Tiger926
01-13-2006, 01:38 PM
That's interesting since you can't use the DDE for Fantasmic package. Hmmm? That has me thinking now.

Tiger

uncgsweetz16
01-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey everyone! I recently just found out that in April the Dining Plan would be available to DVC members. Does anyone know any specifics on this? Will they use points for it or do we have to pay out of pocket as well. Just curious. Is anyone considering this as an option?! I know there are mixed reviews so far. Hope all is well! :chat:

Chuck S
01-13-2006, 05:11 PM
It is $37.99 per night for adults, $10.99 for those 3 - 9. It is identical to the Dining Plan offered on the CRO packages, except there is no ticket purchase requirement for DVCers. It is only available for stays at DVC resorts booked through Member Services, not regular WDW resorts.

You must book the plan prior to arrival at your resort (the MS person I spoke to the other day requested 48 hours notice) as it must be linked into the ressie. You pay for it at check-in, out of pocket, not points.

Dean
01-13-2006, 08:30 PM
I called yesterday to clarify a few things and this is what I found out"

If I have two room ressies(2 studios) I can get the dining plan for the people in only one room if I like, the others do not have to get it.

When you get the dining plan, each person will have their own card with their own credits on it. An adult will have their own as well as a child. If four people are eating then you will give all four cards to the waiter. There will be no pooled credits therefore no cheating the system! This is different from what I have read on the boards and maybe only applied to DVC members, who knows. In the past, I have been given misinformation so I will try another CM in the future.

Let me know if you hear anything different!!!
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:Disney is not anything, if not inconsistent. Getting 1 card per guest wouldn't stop use or abuse unless Disney decided to match up cards and credits to the person involved. Even then there are ways to work around any road blocks this might present.

That's interesting since you can't use the DDE for Fantasmic package. Hmmm? That has me thinking now.

TigerEven under the version of the FnF plan where you paid $50 for an adult and got a credit of $55 (10%), you could not combine (officially) with the DDE. And they usually enforced it, but not always.

unixadm
01-14-2006, 09:48 AM
I posted this in a different thread:

I just got off the phone with Member Services and the CM was very knowlegable of the plan. She gave me the specifics:

1. Members can start booking the meal plan starting 01/03/06 through Member Services.

2. The plan can be booked for reservations starting April 1st 2006.

3. The plan must be booked for the entire length of your stay at the resort

4. There is no minumum night stay....if you are staying 1 night at a DVC resort, you can get the meal plan for that 1 day.

5. If you are doing split stays, you can get the plan for the entire trip, provided you are doing DVC resorts for the entire trip. You would just book the plan for each reservation number.

6. Payment is not made until you check into the resort. Your credit card will be charged for the entire plan at check in (not at check out). For split stays, you pay for the 1st part of the plan at check-in at the first resort, the 2nd part of the plan at check-in at the 2nd resort, etc.

7. The plan will be available for cash reservations as well (again, only for DVC resorts)

8. You must book the plan through Member Services, and it can be booked anytime up until check-in. In my case, I am checking in on Sunday April 2nd, so the latest I could call and book would be that Friday, March 31st, since Member Services is not open on Sat and Sun. If I was checking in on Monday, I could call Monday morning before I check in and add the plan.

9. You cannot add the plan once you check in.

10. You can cancel the plan anytime before check-in with no penalty, but cannot cancel once you check in.

They are putting a formal announcement together for the website, but it probably won't be up until after the Holidays.

Hope that helps.

The Member Website has the specifics...basically the same as the MYW terms:

Disney Dining Plan Now Available to Members
The Disney Dining Plan includes over 100 selected Counter Service and Table Service restaurants, including our legendary Disney Character Dining and select Downtown Disney® locations (payment of a surcharge is required for certain entrées at Planet Hollywood® and Wolfgang Puck® Café).

You can also find selected Snack locations throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort. Most cart locations selling frozen ice-cream novelties, popcorn or Coca-Cola products accept your Disney Dining Plan.

For each night on your reservation, you enjoy:

1 table-service meal including appetizer, entree, dessert (excluding breakfast), and nonalcoholic beverage and gratuity charge
1 counter-service meal including entree, dessert (excluding breakfast) and nonalcoholic beverage at select counter-service locations
1 snack, such as a frozen ice cream bar, box of popcorn, 20 oz bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dasani water or a medium fountain soft drink at select snack cart locations
As an added benefit, you may exchange 2 table-service meals for either 1 Signature Dining Experience at one of our finest restaurants, such as the acclaimed California Grill or for 1 Disney Dinner Show, such as Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue.
Children ages 3-9 must order from the Children's Menu if available.
Redeeming Your Meals
Present your Key to the World card to your server prior to ordering so your server knows to charge meals to your Disney Dining Plan. This will save time at check-out. Gratuities/service charges for Table Service meals are already included in your Disney Dining Plan.

The following are not included in the Disney Dining Plan:
Room service (in-room dining)
Pizza delivery
In-room mini-bars
Souvenir or refillable drink mugs
Children ages 3 to 9 must order from the Children's Menu where available. Children under the age of 3 may share from the adult's plate if desired.

Tracking Your Meals
Your meal usage will be tracked electronically to your reservation. Each time you redeem meals or snacks from your Disney Dining Plan, your server or cashier will provide you with a receipt showing your remaining balance for that portion of your Disney Dining Plan.

For example, if your party of four (4) started with 20 counter-service meals and everyone in the party used one (1) counter-service meal, your paid receipt from the cashier would indicate a balance of 16 counter-service meals for the remainder of your reservation.

Contact your hotel front desk at any time should you need assistance with your meal plan balance. All unused meals expire at midnight on your reservation check-out date.

Using Your Meals
Use your meals and snacks in any order and in any amount throughout your package stay until your total is depleted.

For example, on the day of check-in your party could use four (4) counter-service meals, and then on day 2 your party could use four (4) table-service meals, four (4) counter-service meals, and two (2) snacks. You can continue using meals any way you like for the rest of your package stay until the number of meals/snacks are depleted.

Disney Dining Plan may not be sold separately, transferred, refunded or redeemed for cash in whole or in part. Theme Park admission is required for some dining locations. Advance Reservations may be required at some restaurants included in the Disney Dining Plan. Operating hours, menus, entertainment, Characters, Disney Dining Plan locations, components and terms are subject to change without notice. Disney Dining Plan is based on the length of your reservation at your Disney Resort Hotel. The owners of the Walt Disney World Resort shall not be responsible for the non-utilization of package components due to refurbishing, capacity, inclement weather, or any circumstance beyond their control.

Tiger926
01-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Oh, I think you may have misunderstood me Dean - I wasn't thinking of using my DDE card or combining it as you mentioned - I just thought this info seemed a bit confusing since they didn't allow the DDE to be used with Fantasmic package, so I am wondering why allow it with DP?

Also, some of you may have seen my other posts regarding problems with MS - I would encourage all DVCers to call MS to utilize our 1800 # and then asksed to be transferred to Disney Dining. My MS rep was totally confused and didn't really know how to make ADRs, let alone answer DP questions. MS needs to be trained in the usage of DP and at this point, based on what the rep told me, they haven't had that training yet.

Tiger

pbharris4
01-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Also, some of you may have seen my other posts regarding problems with MS - I would encourage all DVCers to call MS to utilize our 1800 # and then asksed to be transferred to Disney Dining. My MS rep was totally confused and didn't really know how to make ADRs, let alone answer DP questions. MS needs to be trained in the usage of DP and at this point, based on what the rep told me, they haven't had that training yet.

Tiger

Good idea. I'm sure some at MS know alot about the Dp and alot do not. If they have not had the training about the DP..they should have prior to making it available. They had to know they would be flooded with phone calls on the subject and should be giving out the right information. To be honest..until a few weeks ago, I didn't even know I could make ADRs, or any other type of reservations through MS.

Dean
01-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Oh, I think you may have misunderstood me Dean - I wasn't thinking of using my DDE card or combining it as you mentioned - I just thought this info seemed a bit confusing since they didn't allow the DDE to be used with Fantasmic package, so I am wondering why allow it with DP?TigerIt is interesting, confusing and inconsistent. That was one of the points I was making. The other was that Disney is very usually strict about combining "discounts" even when I wouldn't look at them as a discount like the FnF card with a cash balance.

Tiger926
01-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the clarification - we are on the same page! Very inconsistent and confusing, but that's pretty much my experience when calling Disney lately as there seems to be a million different answers given out at any given time in regards to the same topics!

Tiger

kadaten
01-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Oh, I think you may have misunderstood me Dean - I wasn't thinking of using my DDE card or combining it as you mentioned - I just thought this info seemed a bit confusing since they didn't allow the DDE to be used with Fantasmic package, so I am wondering why allow it with DP?

FYI....I was able to use my DDE card with the Fantasmic package the week before Christmas. When I booked I was told "no discounts including DDE" but figured not having to stand in line was worth the cost of not getting the discount. I later had to change our dining time and that CM told me I COULD use my DDE for dinner with Fantasmic package....that the policy used to be no, but had been recently changed to allow it. I figured we'd try, but not be upset if they said no. CM at dinner was only too happy to apply our discount! :teeth:

ETA...sorry if that makes it even MORE confusing, but that was our experience!
I was VERY happy to be able to use it with the package. That reserved seating is the only way we can see Fantasmic unless it's very low season (kids 3 & 7 aren't too hip to wait an hour in line for seats).

Tiger926
01-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks! That does make sense then in regards to allowing DP - they more than likely have changed it. Too bad they couldn't make the changes at the beginning and get the literature right so that everyone had access to all applicable policies and program stipulations at all times! Sorry, that's the English teacher in me coming out, but honestly, if all program rules and stipulations were changed anew at the beginning of the year, they could then make available online, fax, email, etc. and they could add periodic changes or additions throughout the year (have them available on a What's New page). This would not only help us guests, but CMs as well!

Tiger

mickeyluv
01-15-2006, 12:30 AM
I'm looking at renting points for our upcoming trip to WDW. How do you purchase the DVC Dining Plan and how much does it cost? TIA!!

Tinkaroo
01-15-2006, 03:31 AM
There is a link to this discussion in the sticky "Ongoing DVC Discussion Topics" at the top of the page.

It looks like the cost is the same as if you were purchasing the package with a regular room, and you must add it through DVC Member Services. Payable upon check-in.

RE_2833
01-15-2006, 08:38 AM
I know it is here and someone mentioned it is under open discussion items. However, I still cannot find the detailed information or FAQ on the new DVC Dining Plan. I have seen the prices but was looking for the detail on the breakdown of meals and such. If it it s the exact same as the Disney Dining Plan then I'm all set but someone told me it was slightly different?

If someone could give me a link to the detail it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Chuck S
01-15-2006, 09:40 AM
It is the same as the plan Disney offers through CRO, the only differences are:

1) It does not require the purchase of ticket media, so AP holders can use it.
2) It is paid for at check-in, not pre-paid far in advance like a package.
3) It is only valid if you are staying at a DVC resort, on a stay booked through Mem Svs, you can not use it at a regular WDW resort, even if staying on points.

Note that it must be added to your ressie by Mem Svs prior to check-in, when I spoke to MS, they requested a 48 hour notice.

sigillaria
01-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Why exclude breakfast? Does anyone know? :confused3

DebbieB
01-15-2006, 10:29 AM
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=11167986&postcount=232

CarolMN
01-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Why exclude breakfast? Does anyone know? :confused3I don't think breakfast is excluded. I think getting a dessert at breakfast is excluded.

Post your "breakfast exclusion" question on the Restaurants Board (or do a search) and see what others have experienced.

Best wishes -

CarolMN
01-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Here's a link to the thread Tinkaroo referenced:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=994635&page=1&pp=15

Ask the person you rent from to assist you with both Dining Plan additions and Magical Express arrangements.

Best wishes -

P.S. The thread is very long, but it will answer your quesitions.

*NikkiBell*
01-15-2006, 11:55 AM
I have searched and searched and can't find my original question so I am re-posting it. Does anyone know if the premium plan is an option for DVC members now?

Dale-Not-Chip
01-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Why exclude breakfast? Does anyone know? :confused3

Breakfast is not excluded. You just will not find Breakfast desserts on the menu.

A table Service is a table service. You will find more people talking about Dinner because its the most expencive meal of the day and most people spend their TS credit on it. There is a large group of people that use their TS on Character breakfasts.

idofabric
01-15-2006, 02:02 PM
I asked this before... but no answer...
We have a 2BR Villa at VWL for 7 days. We will have revolving family members staying. Sometimes only 3 and sometimes 8, which is the max allowed... We think we will be checking in with 4 of us.

So how would/will the Dining plan work for us? Since we have 2 college kids that can not be there the whole trip, but MIGHT have a 1-2 day overlap.

Don't want to get to rip off Disney, But if we are staying in a Villa that can sleep 8, and only have 3 or 4 for most of the trip any idea what they will do?

Might post this as a new thread... as I really need to know something before we make a decision on who will go and when they will be there... or not!

calypso*a*go-go
01-15-2006, 02:28 PM
As far as I understand, you would be required to purchase the meal plan for each person listed as an occupant in the room for the entire length of the ressie. If there are only four people listed on the ressie...that's how many you'd be charged for. The only reason you'd need to list everybody on the ressie is if you needed a room key for everyone, or were concerned about having some type of proof for EMH. With four people checking in, the plan would be based on the number of nights you'd be staying (6?), so you'd have 24 counter service, 24 sitdown, and 24 snacks. You could use those anyway you wanted...whether you use them for all 8 people and pay for more meals out of pocket, etc.

I personally don't feel this is cheating the system in anyway (although others would probably disagree). You are paying for a set number...and using a set number. I think the ones cheating are the people that pay for the meal plan at the child rate, but choose adult entrees for extra people and pay for kids meal separately.