PDA

View Full Version : Official L Word Thread

LJC1861
01-06-2006, 12:19 PM
So, now that we have our own Gay and Lesbian board I thought I would start the Official "L-Word" Thread. The show starts at 10pm on Sunday.

Linda

disneynutt1225
01-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeesh! I didn't realize it starts Sunday! I have to play catch up tomorrow I guess.

jackskellingtonsgirl
01-06-2006, 12:25 PM
If any of you are in Dallas there is an HRC watch party Sunday night at one of the bars in Oak Lawn. Unfortunately I can't remember WHICH bar, but I bet I could find it with a little research. :)

We don't have any premium channels so I haven't ever seen the show. Several of the actresses were at the Black Tie dinner 2 years ago and they were great. Enjoy the show!

Viki
01-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Yes, and "what's her name" (KD Lang's former squeeze) played a "werewolf" girl on CSI last night. Unfortunately, I only caught bits here and there because it was in competition with "Dancing with the Stars," - a VERY guilty pleasure.

PennyW
01-06-2006, 12:58 PM
I can't wait for it to start! There was an L Word premiere party here in Atlanta last night. We worked too late to make it. But if you go to hrc.org, I think there are listings of all the premiere locations throughout the country.

Viki - I had never watched Dancing With the Stars, but flipped it on last night, and really enjoyed it. But don't tell anyone I'm watching it :earboy2:

Viki
01-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Viki - I had never watched Dancing With the Stars, but flipped it on last night, and really enjoyed it. But don't tell anyone I'm watching it :earboy2:

I am SWORN to secrecy! (Psst... which couples did you like the best? I have a secret place in my heart for Tatum - she is sooo diagnosable).

PennyW
01-06-2006, 01:29 PM
(Psst... which couples did you like the best? I have a secret place in my heart for Tatum - she is sooo diagnosable).

:rotfl2: I am SO with you on that! Her facial expressions were incredible - highly dramatic. I also liked Giselle Fernandez - very graceful. Oh no, I think I'm liking the show a little too much! When is the next episode? :eek:

Viki
01-06-2006, 01:44 PM
:rotfl2: I am SO with you on that! Her facial expressions were incredible - highly dramatic. I also liked Giselle Fernandez - very graceful. Oh no, I think I'm liking the show a little too much! When is the next episode? :eek:

Yes, she was the other one I really liked - but with no diagnosis!

Hold on to your remote - I'm pretty sure there is a follow up episode - TONIGHT!

LJC1861
01-06-2006, 04:13 PM
"What's her name?" on CSI last night was none other than Leisha Hailey who plays Alice on the L Word. She is one of my favorite caharcters on the show and I just can't wait to see what happens to the relationship between Alice and Dana now that Lara the "Soup Chef" is back in the picture......

Should be interesting!

Linda

Viki
01-06-2006, 05:15 PM
"What's her name?" on CSI last night was none other than Leisha Hailey who plays Alice on the L Word. She is one of my favorite caharcters on the show and I just can't wait to see what happens to the relationship between Alice and Dana now that Lara the "Soup Chef" is back in the picture......

Should be interesting!

Linda

Yes, she's the one! I love her too. Supposedly she's the only one on the show who is really bi/gay.

airhead
01-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Can't wait until Sunday!

icebrat001
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I can't wait until Sunday!!!

No Spoilers though everyone! I'm on the west coast so we get it 3 hours after some of you east coasters, I remember someone on the boards spoiling big brother because they thought that it was live everywhere!

MickeyDee
01-07-2006, 12:43 AM

Should be interesting!

Linda

I only caught the tailend of CSI last night and had NO idea that was Leisha! And I'm a HUGE Leisha fan! Geez! What is wrong with me!

MickeyDee
01-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Yes, she's the one! I love her too. Supposedly she's the only one on the show who is really bi/gay.

I've actually heard that though Laurel Holloman is married to a man, she is actually bisexual....and I've heard that Mia Kushner is bi, as well. But I don't know for sure.

LJC1861
01-07-2006, 07:24 AM
Mickey Dee,

I had heard the same thing about Laurel Holloman. Did you happen to see her in the movie "The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love" ? It was a great little movie and worth seeing if you haven't.

Linda

MickeyDee
01-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Mickey Dee,

I had heard the same thing about Laurel Holloman. Did you happen to see her in the movie "The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love" ? It was a great little movie and worth seeing if you haven't.

Linda

I have NOT seen it yet, though I knew she was in it. It's in my blockbuster.com queue! hehe

LJC1861
01-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, get it off your queue and into your DVD player!!! It is a great little film and I think you will really enjoy it. I myself am in a rather bad little film, called "Thin Ice" which was filmed and takes place during the Gay Games when they were in New York in '94. I was competing in the figure skating event and my skating partner and I were asked to play the rivals for the pairs team in the film. It was a blast and even though we are only in a few scenes we each have a line or two to speak. It is out on DVD, but might be a bit diffucult to find.

Linda

Iggipolka
01-07-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm thinking about going to see the L Word at the Olivia (http://www.olivia.com) party tomorrow night in San Francisco. It should be fun!

Viki
01-07-2006, 04:34 PM
I've actually heard that though Laurel Holloman is married to a man, she is actually bisexual....and I've heard that Mia Kushner is bi, as well. But I don't know for sure.

OK, tell me who each of those actresses plays on the show - I am really bad with names!

MickeyDee
01-07-2006, 04:47 PM
That is so cool! I'll have to look for that so I can say I've met someone famous! hehe

MickeyDee
01-07-2006, 04:48 PM
OK, tell me who each of those actresses plays on the show - I am really bad with names!

Oh, sure! I'm sorry! Laurel Holloman plays Tina and Mia Kushner is Jenny. Oh...and Marina (Karina Lombard) from the first season is apparently bi, as well.

Viki
01-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Oh, sure! I'm sorry! Laurel Holloman plays Tina and Mia Kushner is Jenny. Oh...and Marina (Karina Lombard) from the first season is apparently bi, as well.

Oh my goodness, Marina! She looks just like my first "wife," only brunnette instead of blonde. I miss the heck out of her (Marina, not my first wife - although she was a really terrific person, and deserving of being missed!).

icebrat001
01-08-2006, 10:37 PM
2.5 more hours and I can watch the L word, I can't wait!

airhead
01-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Bet and Tina are too weird with the kid! And Alice is WAY over the top with the Dana thing!!! Jenny's new girlfriend is total butch. I laughed when her stepfather caught them and yelled about her having a "man" in the house!!! Did you catch Shane in that dress?????? TOO FUNNY!!!!!! They must have laughed their arses off rehersing that!!!

Viki
01-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Bet and Tina are too weird with the kid! And Alice is WAY over the top with the Dana thing!!! Jenny's new girlfriend is total butch. I laughed when her stepfather caught them and yelled about her having a "man" in the house!!! Did you catch Shane in that dress?????? TOO FUNNY!!!!!! They must have laughed their arses off rehersing that!!!

Ditto to all of the above and I was so hungry for it I watched it 1 1/2 times (fell asleep half-way through the second turn). It really is about time they get a "butch" on this show; I get that's not glam for a lot of folk, but it sure is for me and aside from Alien2 repeats, I just don't get that many opportunities to drool! I still didn't get a good look at her with all that film noir thing going on and I hate that she's with Jen (who is just too whacked for me), but on this show that shouldn't last too long.

icebrat001
01-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Spoiler below in case someone hasn't yet watched the show.

:flower:

:flower:

:sunny:

:cool1:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Momma B and Momma T :rotfl2: how funny is that! I've never even heard of attachment parenting, it doesn't look like it is going to work out, and that social worker was a total butt, could she be anymore of a witch?

I feel bad for Alice, but geez, she is going crazy. Maybe here and Helena really will end up together and be happy, but to be honest I'm still angry at Helena from last season. (Can you tell I hold grudges?)

Jenny's character is always way out there, it wasn't too bad tonight, that woman is like super duper butch, we were like wow :scared1: can you get anymore butch, I don't think anything will happen with them though.

Shane in a dress was funny, but what's up with her hair? I like it last season, the curls are too much.

I don't know what I think about Dana and Laura, they were happy together before everything with down before, maybe this happened for the best, but of course, someone has ended it hurt, it's always risky when you date your best friend.

I can't wait for next week.

ChrizJen
01-09-2006, 11:38 AM
I have to admit that I just started last season getting hooked on The L Word, and I missed some episodes. (because we don't have Showtime) but I am hooked!! And last night we started a new tradition with some friends who live just a few blocks from us and have Showtime. It's called "The L Word Pajama Party!" We went over in our PJ's, popped some corn, and watched! Then when we get home, we're ready for bed! :rolleyes: I can see this becoming a habit!
And so that said...

Oh, poor, poor Alice!! What have they done?!?!?!
She switched with Jenny! Jenny seems to be dealing with her issues and doing better so far.

And I agree about Shane's hair. It was funny that they even made a joke about it though! ("Well who does YOUR hair?!?!" LOL)

And yes, Bet & Tina need to get a grip with that whole "attachment parenting" thing!! Not only would they be setting themselves up for misery later in life (can you say spoiled-rotten BRAT?!?!?) But they would also be pretty much dissolving all hopes of the second-parent adoption by seemingly going out of their way to be so unconventional.

Anyway, so I guess I should get back to work...

-Christal

MickeyDee
01-09-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't know...I was kinda disappointed last night. The Alice thing was sooooo way over the top! And I'm so bummed out that didn't get rid of that ridiculous theme song! (Sorry! I can't STAND BETTY! Bah!)

I did laugh over the whole Shane in the dress thing. That was pretty funny. Other than that, it was just pretty bland. Of course, I'll keep watching though...and hopefully things will get a little more spicy as the season progresses!

icebrat001
01-09-2006, 10:03 PM
I like the theme song.

I don't know...I was kinda disappointed last night. The Alice thing was sooooo way over the top! And I'm so bummed out that didn't get rid of that ridiculous theme song! (Sorry! I can't STAND BETTY! Bah!)

I did laugh over the whole Shane in the dress thing. That was pretty funny. Other than that, it was just pretty bland. Of course, I'll keep watching though...and hopefully things will get a little more spicy as the season progresses!

PennyW
01-10-2006, 09:49 AM
We watched it last night, and were disappointed. The first season was the best in my opinion, because it focused on the characters, and not these wild story lines. One other suggestion - fire the cast's hairstylist asap! :eek: ;)

mickeem
01-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey everyone!!

We too we disapointed with the episode..
Too many --huhs????

The whole thing with Kit going to her Son for a medical exam?? She wasnt even that close to him last year, and now she sees him for med advice?? weird..

Bette freaking out over a triangle, and swearing at a children's group, weird...

Alice freaking out- that was weird, and Helena is her best friend now?? I thought no one liked Helena other than Tina....

Oh well, we will continue to watch... it is funny.... :)

joanjett1976
01-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey, hey the gang's all here!

I must say that even though I watch every episode and will continue to do, the show keeps getting worse and worse. A car chase :confused3
Perhaps I am alone on this one, but I really loved last year's slick look and will miss the designer duds and eye candy. (Well there is always Carmen :sunny: )

I am almost certain this will be the last season for our ladies.

But as I said, I will keep watching and supporting and am constantly amazed that such a show flourishes. And...mad props to Mia Kirshner, my hometown girl! She has created a character that infuriates me and remind me of many alternatively petulant, confused, self-indulgent, scared, brave and defiant girls I have come across in College.

BTW, us poor Canadians are still on Season 2 (Showtime does not broadcast in the land of Molson and Moose Ale) so I have to download the new episodes on EDonkey on Monday mornings!!!

disneynutt1225
01-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I just really dont' get why they made Alice into a complete nut job. I mean, she was a little "off" in the first 2 seasons, but come on!

I might actually like Jenny this season. Loved how she really stuck it to her stepdad when he caught her with "a man" in her room.

I agree that they need a new hairstylist on the show. Shane and curly hair is not a good combo.

They sure didn't start the season off on a good foot, LOL. Here's to hoping the rest of the season is better.

icebrat001
01-15-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey, hey the gang's all here!

BTW, us poor Canadians are still on Season 2 (Showtime does not broadcast in the land of Molson and Moose Ale) so I have to download the new episodes on EDonkey on Monday mornings!!!

You mean we could've saved our money and downloaded all the episodes instead of paying for showtime for the entire year :rotfl: ? Nothing good comes on that channel but the L Word!

icebrat001
01-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey everyone!!

We too we disapointed with the episode..
Too many --huhs????

The whole thing with Kit going to her Son for a medical exam?? She wasnt even that close to him last year, and now she sees him for med advice?? weird..

Bette freaking out over a triangle, and swearing at a children's group, weird...

Alice freaking out- that was weird, and Helena is her best friend now?? I thought no one liked Helena other than Tina....

Oh well, we will continue to watch... it is funny.... :)

Parents get really protective over their kid. I've seen many parents go crazy over their kid not getting what they wanted them to get (I teach preschool, I see it everyday) After last weeks episode, I was so weirded out that I googled attachment parenting.

Helena was a total witch last season, I too, can't believe Alice and her and talking and possibly hooking up. Good Grief!

airhead
01-16-2006, 09:42 AM
...what the last scene was about??? Someone(I think it was Tina,not sure)
was typing on th computer(Lindsey and BigDaddy???) What was that about??

Shane in a dress with a weave-do and high heels?????? I don't think so,not even for love!!

I'm not liking this season too much. The writers are ruining the characters,taking them in directions totally off the wall!

Viki
01-16-2006, 10:41 AM
From what I could spy the last scene was indeed Tina exploring the possibilities of internet sex. I really don't get it. But apparently THAT'S the problem - Bet and Tina haven't been getting any either - they've been too busy with bottles, diapers, attachment parenting, adoption issues, and all the unresolved issues they still haven't resolved. So the last two scenes have Bet at a seminar listening to how her desires should be bigger and better and then Tina sitting at her computer with at least some desire, but acting it out with somebody else. I'm not sure whether the "Daddy" handle is important or not - some bi inclinations of Tina's part that she's acting out?

As far as the season is concerned, I guess I'm just too easy. I simple love the fact that we have this show. I watched it twice again.

airhead
01-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I know I'll continue to watch it,but I just think the writing could be better.
That whole Jennie/Moira story line is eeeewwwwww to me. I think both characters are skanky.

icebrat001
01-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Oh goodness, Shane in a dress, heels and a weave, too funny! Then Alice returning all the toys to Dana unwashed. And what the deal, is tina going to go out and get some from a guy? :faint: this season is way out there. Hope they start to clear the Bette and Tina thing up and Alice finds love.

ETA: Kit's son was a total jerk for saying that in front of the social worker.

mickeem
01-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Still not sure about this season... I will watch , and continue to hope it gets better..
But yes, as a lot of you have said, These stories are way out there...
There isnt any explanation into any of these stories... Since this is supposed to go from week to week, I usually like to know whats going on...
Like when they stuck Kit's son in there, with no explanation, all of a sudden he's the baby's best bud?? This is turning in a mystery!! lol...

joanjett1976
01-17-2006, 10:55 AM
:rotfl2:

Ha Ha! Good one Malaysia! Yes, you could become an internet pirate like me pirate:

What is going on with the show?

Hear me out here, but I am willing to bet big money on Tina having an affair with a man this season. Pay up, ladies!

The only saving grace in this episode was Carmen in the red heels. Holy chiquita....

mickeem
01-17-2006, 11:13 AM
Do you guys watch the upcoming previews on Sho.com?

They have a pretty funny one for this upcoming episode... Meet Moira... lol...

joanjett1976
01-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Unfortunately I cannot access the Showtime web site from outside the US. Does anyone know where else I could get those previews?

mickeem
01-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately I cannot access the Showtime web site from outside the US. Does anyone know where else I could get those previews?

See if you can get here, its a German Site, gives you the option of viewing it in english, or german...

http://www.lword.de/index_en.html
at the top, go to Multimedia
Then pick promos
Then near the bottom are some for Episode 3. The funny one, I thought, is labeled Scene 1 (Shane, Carmen, Jenny, Moira) Episode 303
(Size 6.32 MB)
You can download these..

See if you can get to that site.

LJC1861
01-17-2006, 04:06 PM
I really did not like this episode. I think the whole Jenny/Moira thing is just plain weird.......

I did like the Carmen/Shane scenes though. Shane in a dress with a weave was just too darn funny!

I hope that things get better with all of the characters and that they get back to some stories that actually spark my interest.

Also, what is it with those strange scenes at the beginning of each episode. They used to have something to do with the rest of the episode, but I just can't for the life of me figure out what they have to do with these episodes.

Anybody have a clue?

Linda

dkostel
01-17-2006, 04:46 PM
In the big season preview that was out for months before this season they showed Tina making out with some guy. Maybe the guitar guy or the guy from the play group.

joanjett1976
01-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks so much Traci! I was indeed able to watch the scenes from 303.

One of the thing that really has been bothering me as of late with the series is how untrue I feel the writers have been to most main characters. It is one thing to have a character evolve or change or go through a life altering event, but it is another to completely re-imagine their personality, reactions, speech and appearance.

Elevationist
01-20-2006, 03:48 PM
(I know I'm jumpin' in here a bit late, but here goes...)

I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only person who has found the much-anticipated season 3 of the L-Word to be starting off as a bit of a disappointment. The best way for me to describe how I feel is probably to write what I would say to/about each of the characters...

Bette/Tina: Okay, ladies... When you're a lesbian couple trying to get a stamp of approval from the U.S. government, that LAST thing you should be doing is trying anything unconventional or out of the ordinary... You damn hippies. Yes, you have the right to raise your child as you see fit... Just don't expect anybody else to agree with you. Bette, what's "ugly" in your home is a whole hell of alot less important than whether or not your child might poke her own eye out with a sharp, pointy, art object. Baby-proof the house, and deal with it, or don't have a kid. Also... Get a job. Any job. Flip burgers if you have to, just until something you're more "passionate" about comes along. I mean, I get that... I'm an artist myself (theatre), so I totally understand. But you have to be realistic. Not to mention that whole social worker thing again. Yes, she's a mega-witch... But you have to kiss her butt if you want hat baby to be legally yours. And the attachment parenting? God, don't even get me started on that. I've never raised a child and even I'm aware of what HORRIBLE concept that is. Finally, Tina... Please don't go foolin' around with some dude. That's the last thing your family needs right now.

Helena: Why are you even still here?

Alice: Oh, my poor, poor Alice. What have the writers done to you? (And don't just mean your horrendous hair.) Where is that cute, adorable, sweet, funny Alice that I know and love and adore and would probably drop my own partner in a hot minute for if you were real? (No worries, ladies, my partner freely admits she would drop me as well for Shane. :rotfl: ) Why are you now INSANE? And not in any sort of remotely fun way? And WHY WHY WHY have you lost all sense of appropriateness... Inviting the woman who made Bette lose her job to her daughter birthday party? WTH is wrong with you?! In summation... I really really don't like the whole current Alice story arc, and truly hope that it plays itself out quickly and we get the real Alice back. I am not impressed with the imposter AT ALL. In the meanwhile, I suppose I'll just have to transfer my undying devotion over to my second love, Carmen...

Shane/Carmen: ...And speaking of! OMG. How hot was she doing her little dance for Shane in her lingerie? I about fell out of my chair, yes I did. Carmen, you are wonderfully gorgeous as always. However, Shane? Please cut your hair and make it back like it was it Season 2. Thanks. Although you were TOO FUNNY in the dress and weave and heels. I laughed... Oh, did I laugh! In closing... Currently the two of you are the best thing on the show.

Jenny/Moira: You know, I like Jenny. I do. She got on my nerves last season because of the constant writing/carnival/flashback scene things. Every time one would start, my partner and I would both just groan and roll our eyes. But I like weird, crazy, flaky Jenny. I dunno why, but I do. Much to my surprise, I've actually been appreciating the Jenny & Moira storyline. As for Moira, I think it's great to finally have a character that doesn't look like she walked right off of the set of Sex & the City. Finally a character that more of the stone butch "L-words" out there might be able to relate to. I hope they keep her around.

Kit & David: RANDOM. I can't imagine they got that close in just the supposed 6 months in between season. Weird. And David is a jerk. Just write him back out of the show. Please.

Dana/Lara: I'm fine with them as a couple, and I supported them the first time they were together. I'm glad to see them happy. My only real issue with this is the OBVIOUS breast cancer set-up they are doing on Dana. I mean... When we finally hear the diagnoses (lord only knows how many more episodes it will take these writers to come to the point), we're not going to feel shocked or sad... We'll just be all like, "DUH!" Bad writing. Bad bad writing.

...And I'm done. Until Monday, at least! :wave2:

Viki
01-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Great summary, Billie! Really, awesome and like I said above I love that Moira is on the show, not, however, because I am a stone cold butch, because I'm not! :)

Elevationist
01-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Great summary, Billie! Really, awesome and like I said above I love that Moira is on the show, not, however, because I am a stone cold butch, because I'm not! :)

I'm not either, but I think it's only fair that they be represented. Because let's face it... the majority of lesbians do NOT look like Sarah Shahi or Larel Holloman. LOL But you'd never know that from watching that show, until recently.

abminer
01-20-2006, 06:25 PM
hey folks,
sorry but I just read this whole thread and I couldn't resist giving some insider info. I have met the actress who plays Moira a few times (her gf is close to a good pal of mine...). She used to be even cuter than she is now-she had blonde highlights and a goatee a few years ago. Anyway, I know her character will be around for at least a while since she was hired specifically so they'd have a character who transitioned from f to m over the course of the season. Sorry I don't have more dirt.

MickeyDee
01-20-2006, 06:31 PM
(I know I'm jumpin' in here a bit late, but here goes...)

I'm really glad to see that I'm not the only person who has found the much-anticipated season 3 of the L-Word to be starting off as a bit of a disappointment. The best way for me to describe how I feel is probably to write what I would say to/about each of the characters...

Oh, how I truly appreciate your commentary! I agree to the utmost with everything you said! I LOVE Leisha Hailey (Alice) and am so bummed out about her lameassness this season. And I am also a big Jenny supporter, though more the first season than last season, so hopefully they'll veer her more that way! And most hopefully they show will improve this season! Geesh!

Elevationist
01-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh, how I truly appreciate your commentary! I agree to the utmost with everything you said! I LOVE Leisha Hailey (Alice) and am so bummed out about her lameassness this season.

Yeah, I think that's part of my problem with this show so far this season... As I said, I ADORE Alice, and she was huge reason why I was anticipating the shows return. But seeing what they've done to her is such a let-down, man. Gawd.

And abimner, that's great to hear! I look forward to THAT story arc! :)

Viki
01-20-2006, 07:08 PM
hey folks,
sorry but I just read this whole thread and I couldn't resist giving some insider info. I have met the actress who plays Moira a few times (her gf is close to a good pal of mine...). She used to be even cuter than she is now-she had blonde highlights and a goatee a few years ago. Anyway, I know her character will be around for at least a while since she was hired specifically so they'd have a character who transitioned from f to m over the course of the season. Sorry I don't have more dirt.

Well, that's great, except why can't we have one butch who STAYS a woman??? I adore BUTCH women, not so much fem men. :) Come on! (I like Shane, but have never found her truly convincing in the Butch role).

momto3gr8boys
01-20-2006, 09:31 PM
And the attachment parenting? God, don't even get me started on that. I've never raised a child and even I'm aware of what HORRIBLE concept that is.

ok, jumping in here late, but i have had three children, and practiced attachment parenting with them all. BUT, and this is a big BUT...once again, the L word has gone over the top and completely got attachment parenting wrong. but then again, every other aspect of the pregnancy was portrayed incorrectly too. it's a pet peeve of mine...i am already put into more of a spotlight being a gay mom, and to have a show portray every aspect of it incorrectly ticks me off....just makes the argument that gay people can't parent that much harder to disprove. off my soapbox now :earsgirl:

icebrat001
01-20-2006, 11:43 PM
OMG. How hot was she doing her little dance for Shane in her lingerie? I about fell out of my chair, yes I did. :wave2:

Was that hot or what! SO and I are were sitting on the sofa watching that in shock, wow!

Only bad thing is now SO expects me to wear that and do that "little" dance. Yeah right :rolleyes:

Elevationist
01-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Was that hot or what! SO and I are were sitting on the sofa watching that in shock, wow!

Only bad thing is now SO expects me to wear that and do that "little" dance. Yeah right :rolleyes:
HAHA! Sounds like your SO and I think in similar ways. :D

gabbysmom04
01-21-2006, 08:59 PM
I have to jump in and say that I am so sick of Jenny! Does anyone else notice that they are getting more prude? I have to say I love Carmen and Shane together, I hope that the writers keep them together. As for Alice some of it is funny but come on! Why are they making all these women seem crazy? I have to be honest I am married but I would leave my husband for Carmen anyday. And while I am on the subject please please please bring back Marina. As for Bette and Tina I would lose my mind if I never put my kids down.

Saxton
01-22-2006, 08:32 AM
I agree - Carmen is incredible! I doubt that Marina's character will be back. I read an article that said the actress wanted more money and the dispute was settled by writing her out of the series.

lisaviolet
01-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi,

I'm not getting season three here, yet!?!? So what the heck is attachment parenting? I have no idea. Curious.

PennyW
01-23-2006, 11:30 AM
I doubt that Marina's character will be back. I read an article that said the actress wanted more money and the dispute was settled by writing her out of the series.
Have you seen this month's Advocate? It has Jennifer Beals on the cover :thumbsup2 It also has a small interview with Ilene Chalkin who says most definitely that the character of Marina will not be back. She wouldn't come out and say what happened, only that Karina Lombard had a different opinion on the direction the character should go.

I haven't watched last night's episode. Any improvement?

ChrizJen
01-23-2006, 12:24 PM
OK, I have a few comments and observations...

The first is difficult to put into words, because it's more of a "feeling" type thing. But the best I can do is to say that when I watch, I get this uneasy, uncomfortable kind of restless feeling...
It's like nothing seems to be meshing this season. It's almost like there's no chemistry at all with any of the cast anymore! (with a few exceptions...which is probably why I love the Jenny/Moira thing so much. -Their relationship seems really GENUINE!)
There just seems to be a time bomb just ticking along waiting to explode! Like last night, that whole dinner thing was just wierd! It was awkward and uncomfortable. I coudn't put my finger on it last night...all I knew was that even beyond the tesion between Alice and Dana, the tension between Bette and Tina, and then Dana's unease about her breast situation (as if all of that wouldn't make for an uncomfortable enough situation) there STILL seemed to be more to it than those things...

And then this morning I figured out what it is that is really bothering me. It's the characters' treatment of Moira. It really disturbs me. I understand that we have a whole big group of ultra-femme, self-absorbed lesbians, but come on! They all act like they've never seen a butch before! They all looked at her like she was an alien! Are they really all so self-righteous and stuck in their own little worlds that they can't accept that Jenny might be interested in someone who's not "like them"??! Aside from Shane for the most part, they all acted like morons around Moira! And Moira's little stab with the lobster comment...could that have possibly gone over all of their heads? Nah....They are a relatively intelligent group of characters, right?...

But anyway, the little snide comments like Carmen saying "that's Jenny's GIRLfriend?!?!?!" (when they were going up the driveway to meet her) were really really bothering me. It's not enough that she has to deal with straight women in bathrooms who laugh and tell her she's in the wrong restroom, but she has to deal with people her own "community" (where she should feel safe to be herself) ridiculing her and ostricizing her!

I don't know. I guess I know that this stuff happens, that there really are still people in "the community" that look down on those who aren't like them, but we're all the same deep down right? I guess maybe it just rubbed me the wrong way...

but hey, you gotta have drama in the story line, right? There has to be conflict, otherwise it wouldn't be the L Word!!! So I guess I'll just lighten up!

So that's it! Happy Monday...
-Christal

ntengwall
01-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Elavationist-
I LOVED you post "to" each of the characters--my setiments exactly! Except the part about Attachment Parenting :) We practice AP with our 3 boys and I can't imagine doing it any other way. Actually, with the first, we were not as "into" it (I couldn't ever see sleeping with our kids), but then my Griffin came along and he had NO intentions of every sleeping in a separate room behind bars! LOL We tried the whole cry-it-out method and it was truly painful for me and him.
Anyway...we were not as "strict" as Tina and Bette---yes, we did put them down, but we did do most of the other parts (co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding, sling-wearing etc...) and I have to say that we have 3 very secure and independent boys. People actually comment when we are out in public how nice our boys are to me and eachother and they wonder how we "made" them that way! LOL Funny thing is that all my friends who comment on their behavior and how kind they are also think I am crazy for co-sleeping, breastfeeding etc.. They see no connection between how I parent and how they act. Oh well, at the end of the day, I am the one with the well-adjusted, happy kids :yay:
Just try to keep an open mind--I always thought "those" AP people were weird before I had kids too ;)

Elevationist
01-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Elavationist-
I LOVED you post "to" each of the characters--my setiments exactly! Except the part about Attachment Parenting :) We practice AP with our 3 boys and I can't imagine doing it any other way. Actually, with the first, we were not as "into" it (I couldn't ever see sleeping with our kids), but then my Griffin came along and he had NO intentions of every sleeping in a separate room behind bars! LOL We tried the whole cry-it-out method and it was truly painful for me and him.
Anyway...we were not as "strict" as Tina and Bette---yes, we did put them down, but we did do most of the other parts (co-sleeping, extended breastfeeding, sling-wearing etc...) and I have to say that we have 3 very secure and independent boys. People actually comment when we are out in public how nice our boys are to me and eachother and they wonder how we "made" them that way! LOL Funny thing is that all my friends who comment on their behavior and how kind they are also think I am crazy for co-sleeping, breastfeeding etc.. They see no connection between how I parent and how they act. Oh well, at the end of the day, I am the one with the well-adjusted, happy kids :yay:
Just try to keep an open mind--I always thought "those" AP people were weird before I had kids too ;)
Oh, no offense intended! Actually after reading your comment a few others I've seen here and on oher forums, I can't help but wonder if the writers aren't (once again) at fault here. It seems to me that B/T apparently are extremeists when it comes to Attatchment Parenting (as I'm slowly learning more about it), so I'm left only to assume that (A) the writers really do want us to think Bette and Tina have lost their freakin' minds, or (B) the writers themselves really don't have a good grasp on what Attachment Parenting is really about, and thus are over-playing and portraying it a bit wrong.

Glad you weren't mad at my comments, though. I tend to be quite opinionated and vocal, but I hate the thought of hurting anybody's feelings. :blush: Your boys are beautiful, though! Looks like you're doing a wonderful job with them... So happy and healthy. :p

T&KHayes
01-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Ok first off, We LOVE LOVE LOVE The L Word! Have watched since it began, and are big pushers! We are always like "Heyyy wanna come over and watch The L Word tonight????" We have gotten lots of our straight friends addicted too! lol But, as the show progresses it almost feels like it is turning into more of a dramatic comedy, heavy emphasis on the word comedy. I mean just like everyone else has been describing...the story lines even if they are a serious topic are so whacked out of normal proportions that it's hard to not laugh. I am not sure where I stand on the whole Moira thing. They haven't shown me enough of who she is yet to truly have an opinion of her character, however I was also appalled at the way the girls treated her. I mean lets face it I think we all have at some point in time dealt with people who either judge us by how we dress, act, talk, believe, love, live to know that it is not how we like to be treated. I think the show has an awesome opportunity here to turn this whole story line with Moira into something really good and I am hoping they grasp that. I know some lesbians who are judgemental of others who are either too butch, or not butch enough and I cry BS everytime I hear a comment. So here's hoping they turn it around.

OHHHHHHH Shane & Carmen....THE REAL reason we watch!!!:worship: How hot was Shane in her wifebeater and little boy short undies??? All I can say is there are better things to gobble up than just :mickeybar :lmao: !

Elevationist
01-24-2006, 02:16 PM
This weeks commentary....

GENERAL: I am SO SO SO disappointed in our ladies. ALL OF THEM. We all know why. The way they treated Moira was totally unacceptable. It made me ill. Shane, of course, made the most effort to be nice, but even that didn't even earn a passing grade. Just damn. I could sit here and write many paragraphs and call them all many many many names, but that wouldn't do anything but get me all worked up about this topic again. I just personally found their behavior completely deplorable. The end.

MOIRA: I feel so bad for her. :(

JENNY: Way to go with not making things awkward at dinner when Alice brought up you cutting and illness. I thought you handled that with a lot of class.

ALICE: Glad to see Alice is maybe getting a little less crazy. She actually looked pretty at Jenny's homecoming dinner. It's about time. Hope she doesn't lose her job, though. Yowch.

RANDOM: The nun scene at the beginning CRACKED ME UP. I couldn't stop laughing. But that's just my sense of humor for you, I guess.

DANA: Told you guys they were gonna drag this cancer diagnosis on forever.

LARA: You kinda bore me.

BETTE/TINA: Well, it seemed Tina had her priorities straight this episode. While I still have no love for Helena, I'm glad Tina took the job offer. She said it perfectly true... SOMEBODY needs to make a living in the house. Which reminds me... Bette annoys the crap out of me. Again, I could rant on her for the next 20 minutes, but I won't. Her little stunt at Jenny's dinner about made me blow a gasket, though.

KIT/ANGUS: Umm, okay. Weird, but whatever. Although he cleans up pretty nicely... I thought he looked like scuzzball on the first 2 episodes.

SHANE: Cut your hair. And then take Moira under your wing. She's obviously in culture shock, amongst being treated like an ALIEN by her psuedo-girlfriend's posse. Help her out.

CARMEN: You're kinda snooty. But you're still hot, so I still love you baby. Muah! :love:

BILLY BOYD: You're Alan Cummings, so you're delightful as always. Please stay.

WRITERS: What is you people's problem? I swear to the Mouse, you guys better make this season deliver! I've waited too long!

mickeysaver
01-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Shane/Carmen: ...And speaking of! OMG. How hot was she doing her little dance for Shane in her lingerie? I about fell out of my chair, yes I did. Carmen, you are wonderfully gorgeous as always.

OMG, I have used the replay feature on my Tivo more than a few times over that little dance. :blush: She is a major hottie! Maggie

mickeysaver
01-24-2006, 09:03 PM
hey folks,

Thanks for the scoop, but why is it always assumed that a stone butch, or any butch wants to be a man? I just don't get that. I know a few female to male transexuals and only one of the bunch was a stone butch to start with. I know many other butches that are just as happy to be a woman as I am. Maggie....who is ok with being female except for that one bad week a month. lol

Viki
01-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Ladies (and lads) is it just me, or was last night's episode just plain boring?

Saxton
01-30-2006, 08:33 PM

Viki - I just finished watching it (gotta love OnDemand!) and I kept waiting for something to happen. I will give Bette kudos for taking the high road with the senator but the whole Bette/Tina relationship is going nowhere very slowly. The scenes at the intro have me puzzled - I'm sure they will all tie together but do we have to wait until the end of the season to find out how they connect to the present? All I can say is ... more Carmen! ;)

mickeysaver
01-30-2006, 09:07 PM

I was sitting on the edge of my seat when Bette almost kissed the Senator, but was so freakin' disappointed that Bette didn't just say "screw her" and then go for it after talking with Tina. The way that Tina is treating her shows that the love is gone as well as the respect. The whole Tina questioning her status as a lesbian, well, let's just say that there is a reason that I never trusted my heart to a bi chic more than once. I just don't get the whole bi thing.....(flame retardant undies on).....but that's another point of view for another thread.

The best moment of the whole night was when Alice's producer freaked out over Alice's sudden on air focus on the president's johnson. The "You are Dead to Me" sign and the head bang into the glass in the booth was the second best moment of the season. lol

I am very displeased that we are going to be subjected to that wacko that Shane dated last season that had all the money, the lesbian daughter, and the angry husband. If the writers screw up the Carmen Shane relationship, I swear this may be the end of our Showtime subscription. We only subscribe for The L Word as it is.

I am dreading the Dana cancer story line. I am dreading more of the season's teased story lines than I am looking forward to. This is not a way to get to season 4 folks.

To be completely honest, while I like the show, I preferred QAF. I guess that it might seem to be a little weird that a lesbian would choose a show about gay males over a show filled with lesbians, but the stories, for the most part were better and the characters were more fun. I guess it's a bit like my gripe over Disney 2D animation's demise. It wasn't the 2D art form that was letting the company down at the box office, for the most part, it was the lack of story and/or character development.

Maggie

mickeem
01-31-2006, 07:15 AM
Viki,
I have to agree, Sunday's epidsode made me yawn. And it was only 45 minutes long... Good thing. I just kep saying, I dont want to watch this anymore....
They have to get over the Bette-Tina thing... We spent the entire season last year watching them waltz around each other, It looks like they are going to do that again...
I like Shane and Carmen, but at this point, they dont have a story line, they are always happy, I think the writers plan on shaking that up(looking at next week's preview).

And what was with all the weird lighting? I understand dramatic effects, and artsy directors, but what was with all the washed out scenes?? (Carmen in the kitchen cleaning the stove).

Oh well... I'm hooked now, so unless it gets so bad i need to turn it off, I'm gonna keep watching, and hoping the writers are going somewhere with this season...

At least Alice was funny in the episode.. Not soooo crazy..

Here's to next week.... (Holding up my Tim Horton's coffee-)(You Northerners will know what that is..) ;)
(its too early for a martini....)

Viki
01-31-2006, 08:45 AM
(Holding up my Tim Horton's coffee-)(You Northerners will know what that is..) ;)
(its too early for a martini....)

Ya think?

PennyW
01-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Just have to say that the tease of a Jennifer Beals/Dana Delaney hook-up made this old gal pretty happy ;) Any China Beach fans out there?

We also only subscribe to Showtime for the L Word. All those movie channels, and never anything good on! Hopefully, the season will pick up some steam (more Carmen please) as the next few weeks go on.

Saxton
01-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Traci - Tim was playing for the Sabres when he died. I wonder if most people even know who he was ... most probably just assume he's some mythical doughnut maker!

Viki - we know ... any time is martini time!

Saxton
01-31-2006, 11:06 AM
If you miss an episode or if you don't get Showtime and want to keep up on the L Word go to Planetout.com. Under the Entertainment section they post a synopsis of each episode and the latest episode is usually there by Monday morning.

mickeem
01-31-2006, 03:13 PM
So Sue... so ah, how do you like your winter over yonder in Buffalo???? Hard to believe I'm leaving this great weather to try to move to sunny florida!! lol

And yea, it was 7:30 this morning when i decided it was too early for a martini... But now that its clear in the afternoon, heading toward the evening, hmm... martini??? Actually i think I hear a molson calling my name... :thumbsup2

gabbysmom04
01-31-2006, 04:01 PM
I agree that this show is getting worse and worse! The only reason I tune in is for Carmen and Shane. :) They better not break them up. I love Shane and Carmen together. I know there has to be some sort of drama but give me a break. Can't someone just be happy? I'm with you PennyW, I only get showtime for the L word I get 10 diff showtimes and there is never anything on.

Saxton
01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
So Sue... so ah, how do you like your winter over yonder in Buffalo???? Hard to believe I'm leaving this great weather to try to move to sunny florida!! lol

And yea, it was 7:30 this morning when i decided it was too early for a martini... But now that its clear in the afternoon, heading toward the evening, hmm... martini??? Actually i think I hear a molson calling my name... :thumbsup2

This is actually a winter that I like! On Friday I went out for lunch and it felt like spring.

Molson? Not a Genny? Oh,that's right ... no one drinks Genny!

Azure
01-31-2006, 06:57 PM
omg in Canada it was raining instead of SNOWING!

T&KHayes
02-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Maggie- I don't think it's weird at all that you liked QAF, we absolutely loved it! I cried during the whole last episode...lol...mainly because I knew I wouldn't be able to watch it anymore. They had some amazing story lines and I thought they kept it going really well. They also covered soo many different subjects that it made it easy for lots of different people to be able to relate.

Sunday nights episode (L word) was hilarious, I was yelling at Bette not to do it when she was with the senator, and DP was yelling "Gofor it!" "Do it!" mainly cause I get my panties in a bunch when she is all for someone getting it on with another...lol. And then DP looks at me and goes, She might as well, Tina already cheated on her with that art guy. And I looked at her and said, Honey, that was Lindsay who cheated on Mel with the art guy on QAF! LMAO :lmao:

I am also excited about seeing Patricia Arquette come back, I too don't want Shane and Carmen to break up, but we gotta have some kind of action. What with Alice getting back to normal, and everything else so blah. And what happened with the social worker, I mean it was such a huge focus and they were so worried about it. And now that she had been there and it was so disastrous, they aren't even concerned? I would think they would aleast mention it.

Ahhh oh well, guess we will just have to wait and see!

PennyW
02-02-2006, 01:18 PM
I am also excited about seeing Patricia Arquette come back
I like her a lot. When the storyline first started between her and Shane it was good. Then it turned dark and painful to watch. Can't wait to see where they're going with it this time.

TinkerChelle
02-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey All...Just finally caught up with L Word. (Love that Tivo) I have to admit that I am not really sure what the heck is going on this season? I was pissed about Dana and Alice. What the heck happened? And Tina out in cyberland with a man? Holy Cow! But, most of all Jenny's new woman....could she be more unbutch! If that is a butch lesbian, I am straight! I don't know a single butch who would be caught dead with long hair like that and her build? Please! I guess it is great that they are introducing a "butch" character, but she could be butchier! And before I get flamed, my partner is butch. She gets called sir and we have had some encounters in public restrooms because people think she is a guy...so I have experience in this area. Moira (spell??) is too wimpy looking...in my opinion.
But for heaven sakes can Tina and Bette please stay together...if they split up again....I am going to freak!

T&KHayes
02-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Can this day get any better? Super Bowl Sunday & The L Word? I don't think I can handle all the excitement! :teeth: Go Hawks!!!! :cheer2:

Viki
02-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Tinker: I totatlly agree with you and few posts back said much the same. What is it with our culture? We really don't like butch women and I for one am proud to say that I adore butch women. I'm aghast at the notion that they're going to transform Moira, not that I have anything against transexuals - bring it! But come on, let us have a couple butch women on TV.

T&K: Ooops, let me fix that for you, I believe you meant to write, "Go Steelers!" Your welcome :) Plus, talk about excitement, my DP Gwen is a real dog lover and one of our best friends is too and what we are watching as we "speak" is the puppy bowl on Animal Channel. OMG! I love agility. I'll even watch dogs jump in the water after a stick. But watching puppies bite each other on a football grid for 3 hours is NOT my idea of high drama!

mickeysaver
02-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Shane is and idiot.

nuffsaid

Viki
02-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Shane is and idiot.

nuffsaid

Indeed

mickeem
02-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Well, I think IMHO.. last night finally made me laugh. It was good, and not too weird..
At least Bette confronted Tina, and didnt let this go on all season...
I was surprised that Shane went to the beach, but then again, this is a drama.. (sort of)...
I felt bad for Moira , out trying to get a job, and that guy giving her a hard time in that interview.. isnt that illegal to ask those kinds of questions in an interview, or is that just NY state...?

I think the writers finally pulled some stories together!

And Yeah Stealers!! woo hoo!!

(oh yea, 4 more days til WDW!! woo hoo!)

Viki
02-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Traci,

I agree, there was a lot more movement last night and, yes, Shane's youthful indiscretions do provide drama.

More important, have a great time at WDW!

PennyW
02-06-2006, 11:12 AM
(oh yea, 4 more days til WDW!! woo hoo!)Traci
Hey, wait a minute! You guys aren't supposed to go back without us!! ;) Have a great time!

T&KHayes
02-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Well atleast my day didn't end on a bad note. lol

Viki- I have been watching the Hawks since I was a little girl...however, DD is a Steeler's fan. So life in my house is not going to be very fun for me this week. :guilty: Oh well, maybe next season.....

I was totally disappointed that Shane went to the beach too, however, like DP said, it is a drama and they can't stay together forever. But I guess I would rather Bette & Tina just break up and get it over with. But Tina with a man?
And no not every state has laws on discrimination against sexual orientation, yet. I was so pissed when that guy was talking to her like that, and even more pissed when Jenny turned her into a "guy". I guess if that's what she really wants, but I agree with the rest of ya'll and wish they would just let her be butch. It would be cool if they just helperd her build her self image, and taught her how to stand up for herself.
I will be evn more pissed if they kill off Dana's character though! I mean this isn't a daytime soap where they could bring her back from the dead :rotfl: .

Till next week....Kim

Philadisney
02-06-2006, 09:02 PM
just popping in - i can't believe it took me so long to find this thread! i adore this show. everyone except jenny that is....i have had enough jenny :rolleyes: but all the other characters on this show are great and the show is so well done. i love everything about it...except that it's on cable! i don't have cable. :sad1: so i will have to run out of here before i accidentally expose myself to any spoilers....see you when season III comes out on DVD :wave2:

quietgirll
02-06-2006, 09:17 PM
love LOVE this show...and i am a huge shane fan!!! i was a little disappointed that she went to the beach house, but....well...in a way i was kinda glad too...i felt that was a little more true to shane- course, maybe i was just a little upset at that big fit that carmen threw. and oh--i love dana--heck, i just love this show altogether!! well, scept for that jenny...Bleh!!

PennyW
02-07-2006, 02:01 PM
I thought this was a good episode. Much more watchable than the first couple.

I know we all are saying that Shane is crazy to go to Cherie, but Shane was so over-the-top in love with her before, that it made sense. I like Rosanna Arquette a lot - she brings real power, control, and sexiness to the character.

The Dana cancer storyline is really sad. But I'm hoping it will bring Dana and Alice back together as best friends. Not too sure about vampira lady for Alice.

Hopefully, Bette will tell Tina to take a hike. That's so gross. Also bizarre was Max, and his "package" :rolleyes2

I'm starting to like Helena, but she really doesn't do well picking potential partners!

quietgirll
02-07-2006, 11:19 PM
penny- your point about shane being so in love with the arquette character to start with is exactly how i feel about the whole thing...she was the only one that could really capture shanes attention, mind, and body for a long time. while i know a lot of people love the shane/carmen storyline, even tho i love the idea of shane being with someone, theres something about carmen that ive just never really loved (maybe its cause my gf loves her so ;o) ) as far as helena-- i cant stand her, was very disappointed when they brought her back this season....but i am into her new conquest. i first got the hots for alexandra hedison whenever she started appearing places with ellen...glad to finally see her in something, and i hope it lasts!! oh and all the comments on shanes hair--i thought she looked the best in season 1---how can a hairdresser not have a better do?? lol...but by now it has grown on me...i guess it quirky and "la" but yeah its shane so i can pretty much forgive her anything....can anybody else tell who my fave character is on the show?? lol...im a huge law and order svu watcher, and i thought kate was hot on there when she had a guest spot....but then i had no idea until this show premiered...sheesh...i need to go watch season 1 again :-D

PennyW
02-08-2006, 10:30 AM
alexandra hedison whenever she started appearing places with ellen...glad to finally see her in something, and i hope it lasts!!
She does look really good. I didn't know she acted; I thought she was a photographer. I hope she sticks around too.

joanjett1976
02-08-2006, 01:34 PM
I actually enjoyed this episode quite a lot. Yes, probably because Carmen was wearing hotpants :teeth:

I forgot to checked who directed this particular one but it flowed well and, don,t call me crazy, but it had a certain Melrose Place-ish dramarama aspect to it.

And then the weirdest thing happened....after downloading this episode (don't flame! yes i am a pirate pirate: but would pay if it was available on itunes and i still buy the DVD's!!) I got another file...containing next week's episode. I don,t know how it got leaked but me and Val watched Episode 6 last night.

icebrat001
02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I thought this was a good episode. Much more watchable than the first couple.

I know we all are saying that Shane is crazy to go to Cherie, but Shane was so over-the-top in love with her before, that it made sense. I like Rosanna Arquette a lot - she brings real power, control, and sexiness to the character.

The Dana cancer storyline is really sad. But I'm hoping it will bring Dana and Alice back together as best friends. Not too sure about vampira lady for Alice.

Hopefully, Bette will tell Tina to take a hike. That's so gross. Also bizarre was Max, and his "package" :rolleyes2

I'm starting to like Helena, but she really doesn't do well picking potential partners!

I agree!

quietgirll
02-08-2006, 11:35 PM
oh im jealous that youve seen next weeks episode...as far as directors, i could be wrong, but i think i remember seeing kimberly pierces name pop up there...anybody else??

AllisonG
02-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Hi everybody! I just finished watching tonights episode (2/12). It was good. I love this show. I am an admitted straight woman (married, children the whole nine yards) but VERY gay proud. I am a huge supporter (GLCC, GLADD, HRO), have several friends and family members who are gay and secretly wish I was gay. Sshhhhh!
Anyway if there ever was a woman who was my type it would be Shane. She really is beautiful. She may sleep around a little too much but me likely, alot.
I am so glad this board opened up on the DIS. I think it is a great addition. It's so nice to have a place to go to, to not only talk about gay and lesbian issues but the L word and QAF! :wave:

Valentine
02-12-2006, 11:16 PM
I am sooo hooked! I didn't watch any of this season's episodes... until last weekend... Thanks to Show on Demand I caught up on all the episodes last weekend and now.. wow.. I have to say that I actually am enjoying this season's plotline.. it does get a bit unbelievable at times.. but hey.. it always was... but it is a great show.. :thumbsup2

Can't wait till the west coast catches up so we can discuss the episode.. :teeth:

Kathy

gabbysmom04
02-13-2006, 09:05 AM
I love shane and carmen together! Why do they have to mess with them? This show has a little too much drama! Maybe it's just me but I would like to see a few happy people. I missed last nights episode, I choose to sleep instead! I hope it will be better then the week before.

Viki
02-13-2006, 10:26 AM
I thought last night rocked. Well-scripted (loved the parallelisms). Tight. Action-packed. Maybe they intentionally started with a slow burn and are now letting it catch!

T&KHayes
02-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Viki I totally agree with you! I loved last nighs show! I was soooo proud of Alice for standing up to Dana's parents and taking Laura in! It looks like we finally go good ol Alice back, and it totally brought tears to my eyes when they held hands. Bette got a little bit on my nerves when she kept asking Tina about the man thing. But I was totally cracking up when they caught her and Angus! Awesome show....keeping my fingers crosses that it stays this way the res of the season! :woohoo:

icebrat001
02-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I am sooo hooked! I didn't watch any of this season's episodes... until last weekend... Thanks to Show on Demand I caught up on all the episodes last weekend and now.. wow.. I have to say that I actually am enjoying this season's plotline.. it does get a bit unbelievable at times.. but hey.. it always was... but it is a great show.. :thumbsup2

Can't wait till the west coast catches up so we can discuss the episode.. :teeth:

Kathy

Go ahead and discuss, i can't watch it until Tuesday, another 16 hour shift.

PennyW
02-14-2006, 09:41 AM
We just watched last night. It was great ... I'm totally back into it! :thumbsup2 The stories are entertaining, some heartbreaking. We're really seeing some amazing acting from Erin Daniels and Leisha Hailey. Love them!

joanjett1976
02-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Speaking of Leisha Haley: did anyone catch her in that yogurt commercial? Yoplait, I believe. Her hair is darker and she's just...well, talking about yogurt! I caught it this morning, quite odd to see her in there.

I can't wait for one of the later Season 3 episodes, my friends have a cameo in it. It will be really odd to see them up there!

icebrat001
02-15-2006, 06:13 PM
The Dana scenes were so sad. :(

mickeysaver
02-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Ok, I finally got around to watching this one and I have to say that the L Word seems to be back on track! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see what the next episode brings. Maggie

tmorse65
02-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Maybe this has been asked before, but how many of the guys are into the L Word? My partner and I (both gay men) love the show. My favorites are Alice and Dana. I loved Morina (sp?), but sadly she's gone.

mickeem
02-20-2006, 06:50 AM
OK, I gotta post..
Seems like the writers are back on track here, I have to say I think I enjoyed the whole thing last night!!
I just question.. Is jenny Bi- or not... I mean if she helps Moira become Max, will she still stay with him, once he's a he?? And then what up with Max/moira and Billy.. Does that mean he will like guys now?? hmm, I guess they are still finding out about themselves too... lol

T&KHayes
02-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I am equally confused about the Moira/Max thing too. But I guess thats how we are supposed to feel, they are defiantely taking us to a place where we have to think about the differences between gender and sexuality.

I loved the episode last night though. It's getting kind of Melrose place'ish lol. My favorite line last night was when Mangus, said "Who's f-ing Josh (whoever)?" And Bette said "Tina!" We were rolling! And I was soooo glad she didn't sleep with Josh, I mean really, what an idiot.

Can't wait till next week when Carmen has her dream and wakes up pissed! :rotfl2: Been there, done that!

T&KHayes
02-20-2006, 02:41 PM
WOOOO HOOOO just had to post again so my 100th post could be here.....finally!! Maybe I'm close to losing my mouseketeer status? Or maybe getting a tag??? LOL

PennyW
02-21-2006, 09:41 AM
We liked the episode. I agree with the Melrose Place-ishness of it! (What a great show that was, btw.) :)

One thing I didn't like was how they ran Laura off. I really liked her with Dana. The Max/Moira/Jenny storyline confuses us too! I'm glad Billy is gone; what a sleazy character. And just the fact that Tina was ready and willing to have sex with Josh didn't agree with me. I don't know how Bette, being such a strong, dominant woman, would continue living with her knowing at any moment she could be gone to the dark side ;)

My 2 cents for this week!!

ChrizJen
02-27-2006, 11:59 AM
OK, now THAT was a good episode!
It took me a while to figure out the whole thing with Carmen, though. (I'm slow...) The whole time I was yelling at Carmen through the TV..."YOU'RE the one who had the dream!! It's YOUR brain that conjured up those images, not Shane's!!" But then I finally realized...it wasn't the dream itself that upset Carmen so much...but the fact that Shane's actions are what CAUSED her to have the dream. DUH!

The only thing I found really just not right was the whole scene when the case worker was just "conveniently" in the neighborhood and dropped by just in time to catch the little conversation between Bette and Tina. That was cheesy. But I'm glad Bette is coming to her senses with Tina. Hopefully they will continue to stay civil with each other for the baby's sake.

At first when I saw where the Alice/Dana thing was going, I thought it might be a little awkward and forced. But I'm really liking what's going on with them. It's so beautiful to see them interact. It's just so real and touching. I liked Dana with Laura, but it just seems right and natural with Dana and Alice.

I'm still intrigued by the Jenny/Max thing. It seems so confusing. At first I hated the feeling of "uneasiness" that surrounded the Moira/Max character. But now I'm seeing that it's intentional. They want you to feel a bit of what someone like Moira/Max feels every day. It must be hell to live your life locked in a body that you can't identify with. They are trying to make you "feel" it in much the same way they wanted you to "feel" what Jenny was going through last season. I liked the little exchanges between Max and Dana.

Anyway, overall I thought the episode was a great one!
-Christal

Viki
02-27-2006, 07:40 PM
OK, now THAT was a good episode!

I'm still intrigued by the Jenny/Max thing. It seems so confusing. At first I hated the feeling of "uneasiness" that surrounded the Moira/Max character. But now I'm seeing that it's intentional. They want you to feel a bit of what someone like Moira/Max feels every day. It must be hell to live your life locked in a body that you can't identify with. They are trying to make you "feel" it in much the same way they wanted you to "feel" what Jenny was going through last season. I liked the little exchanges between Max and Dana.

Anyway, overall I thought the episode was a great one!
-Christal

I agree, great episode. And I totally get the Moira/Max thing. One of our best friends a few years back underwent gender reassignment surgery and I learned through the whole process how deeply confusing the biology/gender/sexuality thing can be. Also, personally, I've caught glimpses of how life feels on both teams and while I'm definately and unequivacably playing on just one, there are certainly men in my life who've had lots of what I think of as female energy that I could become confused by :)

So how many episodes left, just as I'm getting sucked back in???

mickeem
02-28-2006, 08:50 AM
OK, the last two seasons had 13 episodes, and the last one was episode 8, so hmm, if my math is right....perhaps 5 more, unless they are going to do more??

mickeem
02-28-2006, 08:58 AM
OK, i got this from Afterellen.com (http://www.afterellen.com/TV/2006/2/lword-fourthseason.html) (good web site for those of you who haven't seen it)

I didn't see this mentioned here, forgive me if it was. This was dated Feb 2, 2006
"Citing "a ratings explosion in season 3", Showtime announced today that it has ordered a fourth season of The L Word, the lesbian drama created by Ilene Chaiken."

ChrizJen
02-28-2006, 10:00 AM
OK, i got this from Afterellen.com (http://www.afterellen.com/TV/2006/2/lword-fourthseason.html) (good web site for those of you who haven't seen it)

I didn't see this mentioned here, forgive me if it was. This was dated Feb 2, 2006
"Citing "a ratings explosion in season 3", Showtime announced today that it has ordered a fourth season of The L Word, the lesbian drama created by Ilene Chaiken."

YES!! I heard this too on Sirius OutQ a few days ago!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo:

icebrat001
02-28-2006, 08:55 PM
Did anyone notice Helena being served at the end? I can't believe it!

T&KHayes
03-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Malaysia yes!! I did see that in the preview for next week. I knew there was something weird with that chick! I can't wait till Sunday! :teeth: Although my other favorite show starts back up 3/12 @ 9!! So that will be an extra special Sunday :hyper: !!!

icebrat001
03-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Did anyone watch Sunday's The L Word?

I felt...
:badpc: :furious: :sad2: :scared1: :sad1: :faint: :eek: :headache: :mad: :charac2: all at the same time!

But I am :furious: at a certain character. I know it's just a show and I shouldn't still be angry, but I'm still angry. :sad2:

The last time I got this angry at a show I stopped watching All my children for a year! :lmao:

T&KHayes
03-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Who, who, who :Pinkbounc is it Malaysia? Was it Tina? Was it Max?

Cause I am soooo hoping that Shane just busts out and kicks Max's a**! He is starting to be soo mean and aggressive I hardly can have any sympathy for his journey. I mean come on, I was like WOOHOO when Kit gave that little speech to Max. Not that I don't think they should explore the story line. But from what I know (albeit not a lot) I don't believe that going from a sweet, gentle loving person to an aggressive, possessive, testosterone rage person is a common occurance with people transitioning.

I feel horrible for Helena, although I don't think that Dillon will actually go through with the whole thing. She so obviously has more feelings involved than she cares to recognize yet.

But I swear if they kill Dana off....:furious: !

LOL can't wait till nex week!

icebrat001
03-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Who, who, who :Pinkbounc is it Malaysia? Was it Tina? Was it Max?

Cause I am soooo hoping that Shane just busts out and kicks Max's a**! He is starting to be soo mean and aggressive I hardly can have any sympathy for his journey. I mean come on, I was like WOOHOO when Kit gave that little speech to Max. Not that I don't think they should explore the story line. But from what I know (albeit not a lot) I don't believe that going from a sweet, gentle loving person to an aggressive, possessive, testosterone rage person is a common occurance with people transitioning.

I feel horrible for Helena, although I don't think that Dillon will actually go through with the whole thing. She so obviously has more feelings involved than she cares to recognize yet.

But I swear if they kill Dana off....:furious: !

LOL can't wait till nex week!

Don't get me started. Tina, how dare she! I can't believe she did that, and she like no I don't want that, I want this :badpc: Did they even use a condom :stir: ?

Max, Max, Max.... :sad2: Poor Jenny does not need to deal with this. Max is abusing poor Jenny. I am happy that Shane stepped in and set him straight and I'm happy that Kit gave Max a talk, like hello, Kit dated someone that kinda transitioned.

Is Dana starting to have feelings again for Alice, it seems that way to me, but then it could be because she knew she was getting really sick. I hope Dana gets better soon. I liked Laura the first time around, but I liked Dana and Alice better, I kinda hope that Laura stays in France. :blush:

I feel bad for Bette and Helena.

Where are they taking the Shane/Carmen thing?

joanjett1976
03-09-2006, 09:42 AM
I have been feeling this since early in season 2, but does anyone else think they are paving the way for a Shane/Jenny hook-up in Season 4?

icebrat001
03-09-2006, 10:38 AM
I have been feeling this since early in season 2, but does anyone else think they are paving the way for a Shane/Jenny hook-up in Season 4?

goodness, I hope not!

Belle23
03-12-2006, 10:53 PM
OK, I know I haven't posted here yet, but tonight deserves my first post. All I have to say right now is OMG. :sad1:

Saxton
03-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Unbelievable! A friend and I had talked about the possibility a while ago but I didn't think the writers would do it. Once I saw the clock ticking I new it was going to happen. Wow!

mickeem
03-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Oh this thread is killing me... I keep getting "This thread has been updated" emails... BUT, I'm in the middle of moving, and havent watched Lword for the almost 3 weeks.... It's taking a lot out of me, not to watch, until I am moved, and back in the same house with my wife, (She's in florida, I'm in NY).
At least you guys havent given too much away, yet,I keep reading! I know, you are all telling me well, dont read this thread. But it's so hard not too!! :rolleyes1

icebrat001
03-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Again...

:guilty: :stir: :badpc: :furious: :crazy: :sad2: :sad2: :scared1: :sad1: :eek: :faint: :mad: :mad: :mad: :charac2:

MickeyDee
03-13-2006, 11:36 AM
It's the morning after and I'm still pissed off and depressed. Geez!!!!

Viki
03-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Yes, the truth is *she* wasn't ever one of my favorite characters - to me she always seemed so closed off to her own motivations - but I confess I spent a few moments of the day being sad about her fate.

tmorse65
03-14-2006, 06:28 AM
"She" was my favorite and I'm pissed. I watch for escapism and what do I get, reality. I just hate that!
Why not kill off Jenny. She's WAY annoying.

PennyW
03-14-2006, 08:24 AM
I was also shocked at this episode. I just didn't think the storyline would end that way. I'm still sad about it this morning (just watched last night).

icebrat001
03-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Why not kill off Jenny. She's WAY annoying.

Because a large percentage of people think Jenny is annoying.

Poor Alice what is she going to do?

Bet this will be hard for Lara too!

joanjett1976
03-14-2006, 09:56 AM
I thought they would have stretched it out to the season finale but I really could not conceive it ending any other way. Erin Daniels has also been cast as the lead in a new FOX show Julie Reno Bounty Hunter so contractually, this was a done deal. She had also been very vocal about her big screen ambitions (she was a great screamer in House Of A 1000 Corpses!!!)...

Hopefully this switch will be more beneficial than Drea De Matteo's hop from Sopranos to Joey :confused3

Someone else from the L Word will begin double-duty in a major network pilot in two weeks...

It's all in a day's work for me:)

LaDiosa
03-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Eh... this season has been cruddy... this was actually one of the few good episodes, only because something actually happened.

Viki
03-19-2006, 06:32 PM
OK, guys, I guess it's the funeral episode tonight. As a religious professional who has seen the previews where the pastor/priest spouts stuff about which he knows nothing, I just want to say he deserves the heckling he gets. The first rule of funeral making is don't say anything about the deceased which you don't know to be true.

In any event, I'm feeling pretty sad about this. How about you all?

Viki
03-19-2006, 06:34 PM
I should add that I was once heckled at a funeral at which I was presiding because I spoke a little too much TRUTH - what can I say, I was a baby. But I sure learned quick!

Valentine
03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
It is amazing how powerful the writing truly is on this show... and the acting as well... considering just how depressed and sad everyone was after last week's episode.. it truly affected everyone I know who watches the show... deeply. That is a credit to the writers and actors... I mean.. we all know it is not real life.. but they make it seem sooooooo real... amazing... You know when you watch a really good movie.. or read a really great book.. you get soooo into it.. and sad and affected at the end.. but when you turn of the tv.. or put the book away, you know it was just that.. a book or a movie.. and the feeling abates after a while.. not with this... it has stuck.. like we all truly lost a close friend or family member... I am just so in awe of the impact this has had on so many people. Opinions?

Kathy

joanjett1976
03-20-2006, 10:45 AM
My download is almost complete so it looks like i'll be watching it tonight. Can anyone confirm/deny that this is the second to last episode of Season 3?

Eeyoresfriend
03-20-2006, 10:49 AM
yep next week is the finale.... I have no comment about this season. It's been a weird one.

T&KHayes
03-21-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't even really know what to say, other than I am sooo disappointed that next week is the season finale and now we have to wait till next year!!! It feels like this season just started and it's already over? :guilty: The only thing thats going to soothe the Sunday night sorrow is that my other addiction, The Sopranos, is finally back on!

PennyW
03-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Just watched Sunday's episode. For me, this season started off slowly, with the episodes feeling disjointed and the characters behaving strangely. But for the last month, the episodes have been poignant (with exception of Moira/Max/Jenny - I haven't gotten into that story), the writing crisp ("crispay" as Dana once said), and the acting just tremendous.

My heart broke with Alice when she came back to find Dana had passed. That scene is still in my mind.

Even though we've had our emotions turned upside down (I'm constantly yelling at the screen - "wait a minute!"), it's been a good season. I'm glad we'll have a new one to look forward to.

Viki
03-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Well, that was the season. What did we think? I thought it was really sad. I also thought that it was very interesting that the only characters who seemed to come out OK at the end were the ones who had looked into their own absyss (Jenny with her psych problems, Laura & Alice with their mourning, and the wedding official with the state of her life and how she wanted change). Everyone else looks like they're in trouble. This looks like a good set-up for lots of drama next season.

Now on to Huff!

kid@heart25
03-27-2006, 02:09 PM
I have been very upset with this season. I understand that it can not always be happy or funny or the show would not last...i understand that there has to be some drama..but come on...can they at least have some happy times. I am still in shock that they killed Dana off. I don't know if I am goingt to watch next season.