PDA

View Full Version : Pillow Case Signings

4theloveofdisney
01-06-2006, 12:16 AM
I know that there are several threads on this topic but after a search, the post dates that I found were almost a year old.

So, does anyone know if they still do the pillowcase signings? Also, if you have a specific request, do you know if they will fullfil it?

Thanks!

clovely
01-06-2006, 05:17 AM
Just from reading about here I'm going to try. Does it need to be a pillow case or can it be something else? I was thinking of a scrapbook page.

mom x4,grandma x4
01-06-2006, 07:36 AM
I just sailed 12/17 on the Magic and they did sign my 2 pillowcases.
Just take your pillow cases to guest services the first day. I did it early around 2 p.m. so they wernt too busy . Put them in a zip lock baggie with assorted sharpie markers, include a card with your name and room number on it. They will ask you if you want general signatures or princesses only. It was delivered to my room friday evening, they were very nice.
So they still do this
Some people take other items such as picure frames, or t-shirts. Just be sure to pre wash what ever you take so the ink will set good.
I guess a few people have said they had to go to guest services to pick their items up because they wernt delivered to their room, but ours was.
mom x4,grandma x4

princessh
01-06-2006, 09:52 AM
We sailed the Wonder in the fall. I had two pillowcases signed and also a photo mat. I stuck the pillpwcases, mat, and a bunch of different colored sharpies in a big zip lock bag. We put our name and room # on it. They were waiting for us in our room the last night. They turned out so nice!

MomtoAshley
01-06-2006, 10:10 AM
I got off the Wonder on Moday and we got a pillow case signed! They had a form to fill our and it had things listed such as:

Pillowcase
Autograph book
Frame
Other

And you check it, and then you specify the characters for choose all. And you give it to them in a ziplock (You can add sharpie if you'd like) and it was ready for us on the last night!! It is sooo cute!

I'll post a picture once I take one :)

4theloveofdisney
01-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the info!! :earsgirl:

scottishwee35
01-23-2006, 06:12 AM
I am thinking to buy pillowcases for my two childrens.

Questions are:

pillowcases : any colour or white?

And can i write down on pillowcases like children name and Disney Wonder Cruise before hand it?

What is ziplock? Is it bag?

Shall I write down room number?

Scottishwee35

Queen2
01-23-2006, 07:55 AM
I wrote the children's name on the end of the pillow case,there shold be room also to add ship name & date. Thanks that is a good idea. :thumbsup2

zip is a ziplock bag that you store things in

yes add your room number

I used white it showed up nice

scottishwee35
01-23-2006, 08:37 AM
I wrote the children's name on the end of the pillow case,there shold be room also to add ship name & date. Thanks that is a good idea. :thumbsup2

zip is a ziplock bag that you store things in

yes add your room number

I used white it showed up nice

Okay, many thank for your help

:thumbsup2

Scottishwee35

MomtoAshley
01-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Here is what I did:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/MomtoAshley/100_6215.jpg

Downrivermama
01-23-2006, 09:10 AM
We are going on March 2nd and can't wait. I bought 2 tote bags to have signed. Happy they are still doing it! Great picture! :cool1:

scottishwee35
01-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Here is what I did:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b163/MomtoAshley/100_6215.jpg

Oh that is great, and good picture of it. Many thank for showing it. :thumbsup2

One question - Did you write down the name with pen or doing the sewing machine?

Scottishwee35

tynkerbell
01-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Great picture. The pillow case turned out beautiful. Was that an Iron-on you used for the name, etc?

I already bought my pillowcases. I love this idea.

MomtoAshley
01-23-2006, 10:33 AM
A friend of mine embroidered it for me. We also washed it once before embroidery since I heard it helps with the pens.

PhotoLisa
01-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Check out the Creative DISigns forum here at the DISboards. http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

There are lots and lots of ideas for names, creations, etc.

My daughter made pillowcases for my grandbabies, my teenager and my teenager's best friend that are all crusing together with us in less than a month. They are awesome!

Hope she doesn't mind me posting a link to the photos of the pillowcases, shirts and doorsigns that she made.

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=64475&cdate=20060120&cimg=0

scottishwee35
01-23-2006, 10:58 AM
A friend of mine embroidered it for me. We also washed it once before embroidery since I heard it helps with the pens.

I thought so as it look good :thumbsup2

scottishwee35

tynkerbell
01-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Check out the Creative DISigns forum here at the DISboards. http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

There are lots and lots of ideas for names, creations, etc.

My daughter made pillowcases for my grandbabies, my teenager and my teenager's best friend that are all crusing together with us in less than a month. They are awesome!

Hope she doesn't mind me posting a link to the photos of the pillowcases, shirts and doorsigns that she made.

http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?userid=64475&cdate=20060120&cimg=0

Her stuff is beautiful. Do you, by chance, know where she got the images? I'd like to do something similar with pillowcases for my kids.

PhotoLisa
01-23-2006, 05:01 PM
All of the images were from Kate when she had them available (one of the Creative DISigners). I know my daughter saved a bunch of the images to her computer while she was trying to figure out which characters she wanted to use. Her username here on the boards (my daughter) is mfabre. You could send her an email or PM or PM me and I'll send you her address.

Here's a link to Kate's tshirt designs that can be used on pillowcases as well. http://photobucket.com/albums/b148/DisneyTShirts

Kate's username is "julia and nicks mom."

She takes personalized requests too!!!

MousseauMob
01-23-2006, 09:06 PM
What we did on our cruise was I bought child sized aprons for the characters to sign. I got the idea from someone here - I'm sorry I can't remember who now to give them credit - I did thank them at the time though :blush: . But, it was such a GREAT idea, they turned out SO cute and we have them hanging in our kitchen.

4DisneyAddicts
01-24-2006, 09:28 PM
regarding the pillowcases...

1- If we don't supply markers what colors do they use - I assume just black.

2- Do they put something inside the case as they sign so the ink doesn't bleed thru?

3- if I supply the markers, will I get them back?

:smickey:

Queen2
01-25-2006, 05:07 AM
I think they may use just black :confused3

they must use something inside mine didn't bleed through :thumbsup2

yes you will get your markers back.

thereagain I add everything in a ziplock storage bag with my names & cabin number on bag. If you write it with a sharpie the info won't come off.

hope this helps you out.

Oh you may need a piece of cardboard to use to get other CM autographs. I hope to rember this & those little clips to hold the shirt in place. We found it hard to write on. most of the time there was no flat surface to write on :)

Amlee
01-25-2006, 05:47 AM
:blush: Well they do the pillow cases for adults?? I would really like one for myself.

ljql_5969
01-25-2006, 05:51 AM
This is great info. Thanks! :cool1:

A Sunny Day
01-25-2006, 08:45 AM
:blush: Well they do the pillow cases for adults?? I would really like one for myself.

Since all you do is drop the ziplock bag off at Guest Services, they don't really know who the pillowcase is for.

tynkerbell
01-25-2006, 10:00 AM

I'm putting an extra pillow case in my ziploc for myself. ;)

dsjmeadors
01-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Im sailing tommrow, and my pillow cases are READY. My friend and I designed an image in Photo Shop. And I printed them off on transfer paper. My kids are so excited. And I have a photo mat ready for me! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/dsjmeadors/sophpillow.png

Queen2
01-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Deaven what a great idea. I love it, the best I have seen. When you come back Will you do a few for me. I can just save the picture, then print it out. Where do you find the Disney font :confused3

Have a great trip :wave2:

dsjmeadors
01-25-2006, 02:18 PM
I would love to, BUT my free trial of PSP ran out! LOL Im going to try and buy it when I get back. I just did a google search for the photo and the font. You can go to
www.corel.com for the free trial of PSP

DisneyMom&Fan
01-25-2006, 02:47 PM
I would love to, BUT my free trial of PSP ran out! LOL Im going to try and buy it when I get back. I just did a google search for the photo and the font. You can go to
www.corel.com for the free trial of PSP

Were you able to do all your artwork with the free trial? If so, that means I should be able to do my door magnets with the free trial version, right? :confused3 Also, how long was the free trial for?

dsjmeadors
01-25-2006, 02:56 PM
Were you able to do all your artwork with the free trial? If so, that means I should be able to do my door magnets with the free trial version, right? :confused3 Also, how long was the free trial for?

Yes, I was. It was for 30 days. You can download different fonts, and different scrap papers.

http://www.shabbyprincess.com/SweetSprinkles.asp

http://www.thedigichick.com/index.php?

And Im sure you can google some more!

DisneyMom&Fan
01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks! I can't wait to try it. :thumbsup2 I'll probably end up buying it because I still have 8 months before my cruise. :rotfl:

Queen2
01-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Is that paint shop pro I have verson 7 on my computer & have 8 waiting to add. someone told meto get used to 7 first as it was more friendly user

Let us know about your trip :banana:

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
01-25-2006, 11:39 PM
I wish someone would just come on and start making these to order (for a price ofcourse) for us un-crafty people. LOL I'm probably just going to take white pillowcases with their names written on it. My mind just can't grasp how you get things off your computer onto something that goes on a shirt or pillowcase? I'd probably mess it up anyway. So who's going to do it? LOL

momto3gr8boys
01-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Deaven what a great idea. I love it, the best I have seen. When you come back Will you do a few for me. I can just save the picture, then print it out. Where do you find the Disney font :confused3

Have a great trip :wave2:

if you can't find the disney font, PM me and i can e-mail it to you. i have disney print and walt disney script.

PhotoLisa
01-26-2006, 01:35 PM
A few feelings were hurt in the Creative DISigners forum so I am deleting my posts. I never intended to imply that "I" was the brainchild of the names idea and stated so in my earlier posts in this thread.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1015578

Justkimm
01-26-2006, 02:21 PM
I am confused.. what do you print onto to transfer onto a shirt???

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
01-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks Lisa- you are so sweet! I'll send you the info- but I was going to ask ( just like JustKimm LOL) about what do we print it off on to be able to iron it on the items??

Amlee
01-26-2006, 02:53 PM
I got Avery's Printable Fabric at my local Office Max. It comes in 8.5 by 11 paper 5 sheets to a pack. I just did the artwork on Print Shop Elements and printed it off with my printer. My mother then cut the fabric around the names and ironed the piece onto the pillow cases. I was able to do two names to a page.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/Darlingbear//TandA1.jpg

tynkerbell
01-26-2006, 03:28 PM
I am confused.. what do you print onto to transfer onto a shirt???

You print it onto iron on transfer paper... you have to reverse (mirror) the image and then print it on the iron on paper. You can buy the paper at Walmart, Target or any office supply store.

jillane88
01-26-2006, 03:35 PM
I SO want to do this for my kids and my 3 nieces/nephews who we will be cruising with. I'd love to suprise them. My only BIG problem is I don't even have a printer. We just can't decide on what to get with so many out there. Recommendations anyone? Will any photo printer print on transfer paper with good results? Thanks!

Heather
1st Disney Cruise
Magic May 6, 06

Amlee
01-26-2006, 04:16 PM
You print it onto iron on transfer paper... you have to reverse (mirror) the image and then print it on the iron on paper. You can buy the paper at Walmart, Target or any office supply store.

With the Avery Printable Fabric paper you don't have to reverse the printing. Just print it like you would any other print. It has a glossy surface that attaches to what ever you want it attached to.

As for the printer. I printed mine off on a cheap 60 dollar HP printer. It worked just fine.

tynkerbell
01-26-2006, 04:31 PM
With the Avery Printable Fabric paper you don't have to reverse the printing. Just print it like you would any other print. It has a glossy surface that attaches to what ever you want it attached to.

As for the printer. I printed mine off on a cheap 60 dollar HP printer. It worked just fine.

Cool, I'd never heard about the fabric paper. I've always used the Avery iron-on transfer paper. It holds up well.

I print mine on a cheapy lexmark printer and haven't had any problems... I set it for "best" in preferences before printing so as to make sure it comes out as clear as possible.

Amlee
01-26-2006, 04:40 PM
I was looking for the iron-on transfer paper. But the lady at Office Max suggested the fabric paper. One of the cool things is you can print on the fabric paper let the ink dry. Then you can wash the sheets before you iron them to make sure that ink won't run before you iron them on. If you sew you can also sew the fabric on what ever you want it on. It also works on wood, plastic, and just about any other surface.

I'm going to have some fun with my extra sheets!!!

Queen2
01-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Amlee would you do mine please, just like yours :banana:

Bobby's Birthday
Disney Magic Cruise
April 22-29-2006
----------------------------------
Sharon Samantha's Birthday
Disney Magic Cruise
April 22-29- 2006

Thank-you I well be glad to pay you for your troubles :thanks:

Amlee
01-26-2006, 09:04 PM
You want me to design them and email them to you?

Queen2
01-27-2006, 03:54 AM
Cruise. See you are leaving very shortly. :cheer2: :cheer2:

I sent you a pm

Would you mind doing one more

Ricky

Magical Cruise
April 22-29-2006

Boy CM on both boys cases
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Queen2
01-27-2006, 03:56 AM
Cruise. See you are leaving very shortly. :cheer2: :cheer2:

I sent you a pm

Would you mind doing one more

Ricky

Magic Cruise
April 22-29-2006

Boy CM on both boys cases
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

ljql_5969
01-27-2006, 06:17 AM
I got Avery's Printable Fabric at my local Office Max. It comes in 8.5 by 11 paper 5 sheets to a pack. I just did the artwork on Print Shop Elements and printed it off with my printer. My mother then cut the fabric around the names and ironed the piece onto the pillow cases. I was able to do two names to a page.

http://premium1.uploadit.org/Darlingbear//TandA1.jpg
Thanks for the hint on the printable fabric. :thumbsup2 I had always used transfer paper before! I'm going to office max on my lunch hour today! :cool1:

momto3gr8boys
01-27-2006, 08:06 AM
i have a question about the fabric paper. does it transfer the design the way transfer paper does, or do you wind up ironing on the entire piece of fabric paper (just trying to get a mental image here of how it would transfer if you don't reverse the image). thanks

Amlee
01-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Queen. I don't mind doing another one for you. Which cm for the boys do you want?

ljql, your welcome! Have fun!!

Mom, it doesn't transfer like transfer paper. It works like a patch. The back of the fabric attaches to the surface that you want it on. So how ever your print turns out on the fabric is how it will look on your pillow case.

You don't have to do the whole sheet. I did two names per page. Then my mother cut around the images and just ironed out the cropped images.

momto3gr8boys
01-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Mom, it doesn't transfer like transfer paper. It works like a patch. The back of the fabric attaches to the surface that you want it on. So how ever your print turns out on the fabric is how it will look on your pillow case.

You don't have to do the whole sheet. I did two names per page. Then my mother cut around the images and just ironed out the cropped images.

thanks! this is what i was picturing. does the fabric lay very flush against the pillow case, or does it eventually come up around the edges?

Amlee
01-27-2006, 12:35 PM
thanks! this is what i was picturing. does the fabric lay very flush against the pillow case, or does it eventually come up around the edges?

Since this is the first time I have used this, I'm not sure what it will eventually do. I plan to frame the pillow cases with a poster frame when we get back. That way it will stay pressed flat.

ljql_5969
01-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks Amlee. I went at lunch and got some. $12.99 for 5 sheets of cotton fabric. Now I am dying to go home and try it! :cool1:

I think I will make T-shirts for us with it or I wonder if it would transfer well to baseball caps? Oh, the possibilities! :teeth:

Amlee
01-27-2006, 01:21 PM
LOL! That is how I am!! There is so much you can do with this!!!

I have another group that is going out in Nov. I think I'll do them all shirts for their trip!

Have fun!

Queen2
01-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Queen. I don't mind doing another one for you. Which cm for the boys do you want?

ljql, your welcome! Have fun!!

Ricky, likes goofy, DonaldDuck, MickeyMouse, Pluto, & a kiss from minny

Bobby, priate, hook, peter pan ect.

Thank-you soooooo much

PhotoLisa
01-27-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm working on a few and hope to have them posted tomorrow (hopefully).

SoftBallChickuhh
01-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many things they will sign per stateroom?

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 12:57 PM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 01:06 PM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 01:34 PM
sorry

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
01-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Oh those are so cute!!!! Love them!

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 02:09 PM
sorry

Justkimm
01-28-2006, 02:22 PM
I deleted this post since I used the Hanes TShirtMaker.

Thanks anyways

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 05:27 PM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 05:44 PM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 06:06 PM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I won't be able to do additional names. I have to get my business tax stuff done before we leave for the cruise in a few short weeks.

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 06:59 PM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 07:12 PM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 07:37 PM
sorry

sandraB
01-28-2006, 07:42 PM
THANK YOU!!!!

You did such a great job!

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 07:51 PM
You're welcome Sandra! I'm glad I could help you out. Oh -- you know what . . . I'll be leaving the Magic as you're getting on!!!!!!

I'll leave a little pixie dust for you!!!

alikat99
01-28-2006, 08:10 PM
OMG - PhotoLisa, you do such awesome work. I would love to do this for my girls for our cruise on 2/12!!! Do you use PhotoShop Elements for it? I have it, but I really don't know how to use it yet. You mentioned the layering, and I haven't figured that out yet.

Also, what font and how did you do the colors like that? I might try to give it a shot and see if I can make it work, since you're done with "orders".

Thanks in advance for any tips that you might be able to offer!!! :) :) :)

Queen2
01-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Photolisa what an awsesome job you did. They are beautiful. I wish I could learn how to do this. I can't even click & save. It comes up as art or Bit., they don't come up jpeg. I don't know how to save them. the file is there but no image.

I think, I'm getting on when some is leaving. We are doing April 22,29.2006. I couldn't afford Easter week it was also most double the price. You can read are info on that link.

Again GREATjob

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 08:37 PM
OMG - PhotoLisa, you do such awesome work. I would love to do this for my girls for our cruise on 2/12!!! Do you use PhotoShop Elements for it? I have it, but I really don't know how to use it yet. You mentioned the layering, and I haven't figured that out yet.

Also, what font and how did you do the colors like that? I might try to give it a shot and see if I can make it work, since you're done with "orders".

Thanks in advance for any tips that you might be able to offer!!! :) :) :)

I've never worked in Elements before . . . I've progressed from Photoshop 5 to 6 to 7 to CS to CS2.

The layers pallette is usually made visible by going to Windows in the menu bar at the top and then clicking on layers. Try that and let me know if you have such an option in Elements.

Lisa

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 08:38 PM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 09:09 PM
deleted

tynkerbell
01-28-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm Wong:

Here's your last:

http://lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/Sarah-web.jpg

Check your box for a PM on how to download your full size image.

Love the shadowing on this one... Very pretty. They're all great though. Beautiful work! :goodvibes

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 10:16 PM
deleted

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 10:40 PM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-28-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm still going to work on a middle design for the pillowcases.

Watch the board for when I post them.

Lisa

Rena75
01-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Lisa,

Those are absolutely precious - you did a great job!

Where did you find all the things to make them - is there a special website to get them? I am not very well-schooled with PhotoShop but I think I could figure it out. :confused3

Awesome work!

PhotoLisa
01-29-2006, 12:47 AM
sorry

PhotoLisa
01-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Here's a center design for pillowcases. Tell me what you thinK? I'm flexible.

http://lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillowcase-center-web.jpg

http://www.lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillowcase%20center.gif

PhotoLisa
01-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Is this better?

http://lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillowcase-center3-web.jpg

http://www.lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillowcase%20center3.gif

This link is for the flipped image if you're going to transfer this onto a shirt or pillowcase: http://www.lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillowcase%20center3 flipped.gif

Queen2
01-29-2006, 12:18 PM
This looks closer then the other one. I like this one :thumbsup2

tynkerbell
01-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Is this better?

http://lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillowcase-center3-web.jpg

http://www.lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillowcase%20center3.gif

Wow!!! Just when I thought nothing could top how gorgeous the names turned out you exceeded my expectations with the center design! :love: I love it! My kids will love it too. I'll post pics as soon as I iron on the transfers.

Thanks again, Lisa. These are so great!!! :goodvibes

PhotoLisa
01-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Tynk:

I posted the link to download the flipped version for printing. See post # 85 above.

I'm soooo glad that you approve!!!

The photo that I used is one that I took on our second Disney cruise in 2/2004. I walked and walked until I found the perfect location for the image I wanted. I am so glad that I remembered about the photo. I had to search multiple hard drives to get back to that period in time.

Enjoy!

Lisa

Rena75
01-29-2006, 01:30 PM
In this thread in the design forum, I posted the links to the clipart and gave the basic instructions on how to use photoshop to create the designs.

LAYERS LAYERS LAYERS LAYERS

I cannot impress upon anyone trying to learn how to do this to you a new layer for each character.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1014724
See Post #9

If you run into a bump, let me know and I'll help you if I'm online!

At the top of that forum, there are several "stickies." They are great sources of information!

Lisa

Thanks so much, Lisa, for the link and the offer of help! I will give this a try as soon as I can!!

Again, beautiful work!

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
01-29-2006, 11:09 PM
Lisa, you are just too awesome to do this for so many! Thank you so much!
And I love the center picture also... it's VERY similar to one I have as my background on my computer! Love it!

tynkerbell
01-30-2006, 08:04 PM
A few feelings were hurt in the Creative DISigners forum so I am deleting my posts. I never intended to imply that "I" was the brainchild of the names idea and stated so in my earlier posts in this thread.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1015578

Umm... wow, did they even read this thread before making such accusations? Because I do recall you posting the link to the design forums and saying that it was "Julia and Nick's Mom" who initially designed it and then you graciously offered to give it a shot for some of us... which again, I really thank you for.

I hate when people get their knickers in a twist over a misunderstanding. I'm sorry they made you feel bad. :(

PhotoLisa
01-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks Tynk for understanding!!!

I was more than happy to help those of you out that I had time to pull together the clipart and place them on/in/around the letters of the name. It was mentioned in their threads that the proper protocol is to refer a requester to the original designer for the original designer to do the request. Seems like a monopoly to me. :( dunno ? ? ?

marv
01-31-2006, 06:02 PM
I have 5 pillowcases will they sign them for me?

Marv

Justkimm
01-31-2006, 07:05 PM
How do you print 2 pillowcases on 1 transfer sheet?

I tried everything with portrait/landscape, sizes, styles, etc. and no luck..

Thanks

tiggeroo13
01-31-2006, 07:31 PM
This may already have been discussed but I couldn't find it. When the pillow cases are given to the GS for signing, you don't need to bring the fabric pens. We took pens and pillow cases so that they would use them, they returned them unopened. When we asked them if they ever open them and use them, they said no, they just use the ones they have there and that they are restocked often.

Just thought I would post this because our fabric pens cost 15 bucks and wanted to save someone some money.

Heather

Mom323
02-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Has anyone found Disney Pillowcases with the Princesses already on them. I am not creative at all and it would be easier to buy them already printed on the case.

Thanks

ps Photo Lisa the poster on the Creatvie Disboard is no longer making the letter names.

Rena75
02-02-2006, 01:51 AM
I'm curious - how do you reduce the names to fit on an 8x11 sheet?

I am so computer illiterate!!!

I have Photoshop and PhotoDeluxe - will one of those work?

Thanks so much, I'm going crazy here!!! :crazy:

PhotoLisa
02-02-2006, 03:18 AM
I'm curious - how do you reduce the names to fit on an 8x11 sheet?

I am so computer illiterate!!!

I have Photoshop and PhotoDeluxe - will one of those work?

Thanks so much, I'm going crazy here!!! :crazy:

Rather than try to explain it to you, I've uploaded the photoshop file for you that is all ready to print. I left the layers so you can see what I did (kinda).

Go to the same place you went for the other files and you'll see a new one there for you to download.

PM me if you have any more problems printing.

:)
Lisa

PhotoLisa
02-02-2006, 03:50 AM
Has anyone found Disney Pillowcases with the Princesses already on them. I am not creative at all and it would be easier to buy them already printed on the case.

Thanks

ps Photo Lisa the poster on the Creatvie Disboard is no longer making the letter names.

Try this image. It is 6 x 6 3/4 or so at 72 dpi. Test it before you try it on a real pillowcase. I have been told that 72 dpi images will be alright when you print and transfer. I have NO experience with that that.

http://www.lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillowcase%20princesses.gif

Heres a small sample of the image:
http://lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/princesspillowweb.jpg

If anyone tries the image for quality testing, let me know the results. I can do more of them in a simple design if it does work well.

PhotoLisa
02-02-2006, 04:11 AM
This is another:

sample only:
http://lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillow2web.jpg

full size for printing:
http://lisanealphotography.com/forums/disney/pillow2.gif

On both of these designs, the clipart is courtesy of Disney's World of Wonder.

again . . . I am not guaranteeing the quality when printed.

Try it on a scrap or old tshirt before putting it on a pillowcase. Report back quality in this thread.

clewert
02-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Here is one of the two pillowcases we had signed last week on our cruise we just had our kids names embroidered on them.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/clewert/P1010001_edited.jpg

sandraB
02-02-2006, 07:32 AM
Lisa,

I am so sorry some people were upset about you helping us computer iliterate people out!!

I did go to the original designer first, and read she would take names, but it was a long waitlist.....I just figured it was ok for you to help us out.

Sorry! Sandi

mom x4,grandma x4
02-02-2006, 07:46 AM
Mom323,
I just saw your question and I have bought pillow cases with the princesses on them at wal-mart. The one I have has Aurora on one side and Snow White on the other side so you can flip it for a new princess when you want.
I dont know if all wal marts carry them, I live near Kissimmee Florida, so it may be because we are near WDW, but we do have them. JC Penney's had some too.
mom x4,grandma x4

Mom323
02-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Photo Lisa and mom x4,grandma x4,

Thanks for the photo and info on the pillow cases. I have some iron transfer paper so I'll give the Princess art a try. I will let you know how it turns out.

PhotoLisa
02-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Lisa,

I am so sorry some people were upset about you helping us computer iliterate people out!!

I did go to the original designer first, and read she would take names, but it was a long waitlist.....I just figured it was ok for you to help us out.

Sorry! Sandi

Sandra:

Its all good now. I know that I was helping people on the cruise board and I'm happy with that. The site(s) that need(s) the most credit to me is/are the ones that I have found with the clipart to use!

http://www.geocities.com/disneyclipart/ (my favorite)
http://disney-clipart.com/
http://i-love-disney.com/disney-clipart.php
http://www.magicalears.com/clipart/

The font that I use is called "BASIC FONT" and can be downloaded at this link: http://www.dafont.com/basic_font.font

Agent Orange font looks good too! http://www.dafont.com/agent_orange.font

Font-a-licious is cute too: http://www.dafont.com/cheri.font

Junebug: http://www.dafont.com/junebug.font

The Disney Cruise Line font is Newport Classic SG but it isn't a free one. I paid $35 for it.

The Walt Disney font is also at dafont.com and is free.

For anyone wanting to attempt their own pillowcase names with the characters in them . . . I think that just about sums up all the sources you'll need.

I use Photoshop and every character is put on its own layer so that you can move it around without affecting the placement of the others.

If you design multiple pillowcases, save the original file as a psd file and change the name layer to the new name - then shift each character layer around to fit the new letters.

To enlarge or to shrink the size of the character images, CTRL-T will bring up the sizing box and handles. Hold the shift key as you click and drag a corner handle.

Hope these hints will be helpful to you!!!

Post questions here and I'll try to check in and answer them.

Lisa

PhotoLisa
02-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Photo Lisa and mom x4,grandma x4,

Thanks for the photo and info on the pillow cases. I have some iron transfer paper so I'll give the Princess art a try. I will let you know how it turns out.

Before you print the design onto the paper, you need to reverse the design. If you have Photoshop, you click Image -> Rotate Canvas -> Flip Canvas Horizontal.

If you need me to flip it for you, let me know.

Rena75
02-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Rather than try to explain it to you, I've uploaded the photoshop file for you that is all ready to print. I left the layers so you can see what I did (kinda).

Go to the same place you went for the other files and you'll see a new one there for you to download.

PM me if you have any more problems printing.

:)
Lisa

Thanks so much, Lisa, I really appreciate your help! I am running out now but will give this a try later on today.

I was having a heck of a time last night trying to figure it out! Like I said, I'm not great with the computer but I'm slowly learning (emphasis on the "slowly").

I'm glad things are okay with the other board. Sometimes I'm really amazed at the stupid things people get upset about.

Thanks again!
Colleen