PDA

View Full Version : February 12th-Wonder

Bbethparsons
01-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Hubby, Steve, 51, and myself, Beth, 40 are cruising...who will be joining us?

I didn't see a thread started for this particular week. :lovestruc :love:

alikat99
01-05-2006, 09:44 PM
We'll be there! It'll be myself, Amy (36), DH Chris (38) and our 2 DDs (Emily -4 and Madison - 20 months).

We can't wait! I'm glad that this is a last minute cruise, then I don't have to wait too long.

Superslew
01-06-2006, 08:23 AM
I have also searched for a thread for this cruise so I'm glad that someone finally started one. This is our very first cruise. Myself, my wife and 2 girls age 10 and 11. In another cabin will be my in-laws and the 6 of us will be dining together at the early time. Feb. 14 at Castaway Cay is of course Valentines Day but it is also my oldest daughters 12th birthday! :banana: This is hopefully going to be a great day. We will be going on the catamaran snorkel tour. In Nassau, thanks to the information I've found here, we have booked a room at the Comfort Suites so that we can enjoy the water slides over at Atlantis. We are waiting anxiously!

Bbethparsons
01-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah! It's Friday and only 34 (if I counted correctly)! I wish my daughter was going and could meet Superslew's daughter. My daughter is 11 and will be 12 in February. However, this is our anniversary and my husband thinks we are going on the Carnival Fantasy because that is what I originally booked and then FLORIDA RESIDENT RATES arrived yesterday and complete change of plans. I am going to try and keep it a secret, until we arrive at port...I am busting to tell him though. I talked with my co-workers at work, which is an elementary school today, and they are taking bets on how long I can keep my mouth closed....LOL

alikat99
01-06-2006, 03:40 PM
We're keeping it a secret from our DDs. The youngest one doesn't know and doesn't care, but the 4yo will go crazy when she realizes that we're going on the "Mickey boat" again.

Superslew
01-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Bumping this up. Anyone else coming?

alikat99
01-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Such a small DIS group on this cruise. I'm so surprised!!!

Bbethparsons
01-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Where is everyone? They must not know about this wonderful board. I'm starting to get excited!

alikat99
01-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Is anyone going to be dressing up for Pirate Night? We have the costumes from our last cruise, but we didn't get to wear them since we ended up booking Palo for that night. But, I don't want to be the only one!

Superslew
01-19-2006, 11:56 AM
We like to have fun so I think we'll plan on taking a few things with us so that we can be part of it all. We are getting pumped up!

INdisneyfamily
01-24-2006, 11:30 AM
New to DIS...not very computer literate! Sailing on Disney Wonder 2/12. Third time cruiser.

Superslew
01-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Picked up our tickets today. Let the dancing begin! :banana: :banana: :banana:

DisneyPoly
01-24-2006, 02:12 PM
We'll be sailing with you also!!! :boat:

This was a last minute trip for us: Me (42), DH (44), DS(16), DD (13), DS (12), DD (7) and my in-laws who moved to Florida in the September.

This will be our 4th Disney cruise ... although all have been 4 night's ... we are anticipating a 7 night in August.

Let's hope for warm weather and calm seas! :wizard:

P.S. Did any of you take advantage of the special rate at Atlantis? I'm on the fence about it. I want to do it, but will be so bummed if it's raining and I have already paid the money. :(

alikat99
01-24-2006, 04:51 PM
We can't wait!! Still waiting for those docs to arrive!!! We haven't taken advantage of the Atlantis rate yet. I want to, because I really want to go, but I'm the same way, what if we can't take advantage of all that it offers?????

Anyone else dressing up for Pirate night?

Bbethparsons
01-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Yes, I went ahead and booked the room at Atlantis...hey for $159 can't beat it. Hoping for good weather, but if not, we will just enjoy our nice quiet room.

This is our 5th Disney cruise, 3 /7 days on Magic before then last week, same week in February on the Wonder. Loved it all.

Probably won't dress up for pirate night, but I think if you have the stuff to dress up...go for it!

Traveling without kids this year...anniversary, Valentine's Day, and Happy 40th birthday to me.

Feel free to e-mail me bbethparsons@aol.com

jeppler
01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Girlfriend and I can't wait for our Feb 12 cruise, too. We have been on the Wonder twice before this. Dying to parasail off Castaway Cay for a third time, too.. Valentine's Day at CCay and dinner that night at Palo. Doesn't get any better than that.. :cool1: :cool1:

DisneyPoly
01-24-2006, 11:37 PM
We received our docs today :cool1:

The kids will probably dress in red/black/white ... but no official costumes pirate:

Happy Birthday Beth ... that's excitiing to be celebrating your 40th on board! party:

I'm planning on bringing small Valentine's gifts for the kids, nothing elaborate, just small items and special candy.

Now I have to think about what to pack!

Maureen

alikat99
01-25-2006, 06:15 AM
We have pirate costumes from last years Wonder cruise, but we never wore them because we ended up at Palo that night. Nothing fancy, just black skirts, white shirts & red sashes for me and the girls. Then, the same thing, but black pants for my DH. Maybe we'll do ahead and bring them. We're a fun family, why not?!?!?!

I think that we're going to go ahead and book the room at Atlantis. It'll just be part of the cost of the cruise!

I can't wait, only 2.5 weeks to go. I'm thinking of either bringing some Valentine's gifts for the girls and DH, or having Shirley make up a basket. We'll see.

alikat99
01-25-2006, 01:37 PM
:cheer2: YIPPEE!!! :cheer2: We got our docs in the mail today!!! It's getting closer!!! :woohoo:

DisneyPoly
01-25-2006, 04:19 PM
:cool1: Glad to hear your docs arrived ... makes it all seem that much more real!

Bbethparsons
01-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the Happy Birthday! However, my birthday was actually December 7th, but my card read, "book us a cruise, I'm ready to go"! That was my gift from my wonderful husband!

So actually it's my 40th birthday, Valentine's Day, and our 16 wedding anniversay is February 19th....we know how to party!

INdisneyfamily
01-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Finally received our documents today!!! I was starting to sweat it out since you had already gotten yours. We won't be wearing pirate costumes...probably just wear red for Valentine's Day!

alikat99
01-26-2006, 08:28 PM
Wow, that's true, pirate night would be the same as Valentine's Day, since it's on CC night. Hmmm, decisions, decisions!

INdisneyfamily
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Does anyone know if you can use Disney Rewards card at Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney? I have this question on another thread but no one has responded yet. My youngest daughter has no idea we are picking her up from school the Friday before (she thinks she has an orthodontist appt.) so we can fly down early to take her to her favorite restaurant for her birthday. The cruise is to celebrate her sister's 16th birthday. Our birthdays are all five days apart in February! Too much cake!!!

alikat99
01-27-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't know the answer to that one. I'm just getting my first Disney Rewards card coming soon (hopefully before we leave on the cruise). Have you called Rainforest at Disney. Maybe a quick phone call can give you the answer.

Comet9
01-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Cindy 49 & I Dave 50 will be there. Its our first cruise and we are really looking forward to it!! We will be driving down from the Toronto area.

DisneyPoly
01-29-2006, 04:04 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Has everyone made their room signs yet? :welcome:

alikat99
01-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Has everyone made their room signs yet? :welcome:
I have several room signs from our cruise in Sept that are "date generic", so I'll use those, and a few more that I'll be making this week for Valentine's Day and Pirate Night.

Can't wait, 2 weeks from tonight and we'll be on that boat, sailing away!!!

steverog
01-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Were in, this is our 7th Disney Cruise, our son is 5 and daughter is 3. My parents and Aunt and Uncle are joining us for their first cruise. What night is semi formal and what night is Pirate night?

Steve

http://www.westcobbpinestraw.com/thomasmickeysmall.jpg

http://www.westcobbpinestraw.com/chloesleeping.jpg

INdisneyfamily
01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
From what I have read I think Monday is formal dress night and Tuesday is Pirate night. Am I right everyone?

alikat99
01-31-2006, 06:00 AM
From what I have read I think Monday is formal dress night and Tuesday is Pirate night. Am I right everyone?
I think that you are right. But, I was wondering if they are going to switch this around, because that would make Pirate night the same night as Valentine's Day. I guess that we'll have to see when we make it on board.

Superslew
01-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Cindy 49 & I Dave 50 will be there. Its our first cruise and we are really looking forward to it!! We will be driving down from the Toronto area.

We are flying down from the London area. Welcome aboard!! :wave:

DisneyPoly
01-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Yes, you are! I'm trying to decide on what to put on the kids as Pirate Night and Valentine's Day are one in the same!

Many years ago I started to color coordinate the kids outfits and although I love the way it looks in photos, it definitely adds additional stress to packing! :rolleyes2

alikat99
01-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Yes, you are! I'm trying to decide on what to put on the kids as Pirate Night and Valentine's Day are one in the same!

Many years ago I started to color coordinate the kids outfits and although I love the way it looks in photos, it definitely adds additional stress to packing! :rolleyes2
I thought that I was the only one that did that. I always coordinate what the girls are wearing for pictures. I'm not sure what to do about the Valentine's Day/Pirate Night attire. I have both Pirate outfits for all of us, and cute red velvet dresses for the girls for Valentine's Day. I would love for them to switch Pirate Night to Monday (Nassau Day), so that we could dress for both. Oh well!

steverog
02-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I have to call DCL tomorrow about a dining arrangement and I am going to ask about the pirate night/Valentines Day deal. Also Verandah Man has a contact at DCL and maybe he can find out if they are swapping the days.

Steve

alikat99
02-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I have to call DCL tomorrow about a dining arrangement and I am going to ask about the pirate night/Valentines Day deal. Also Verandah Man has a contact at DCL and maybe he can find out if they are swapping the days.

Steve
Cool Steve - that would be GREAT if we could find out ahead of time. That would cut down on my clothing options, if I knew. If not, no big deal.

So, does anyone want to have a little DIS meet on the ship?

Superslew
02-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Just sitting here at work thinking... One week from now I'll be at WDW and shortly after we head for the boat! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

steverog
02-03-2006, 04:38 PM
OK guys I have confirmed through "Verandah Man" the Pirate night has been changed and will not be on Valentines Day. I'm not sure of the actual itinerary for our cruise, but at least we won't have to be Valentine Pirates.

Amy those girls sure are cute and there is a Super Wal-mart off 528 about 10 minutes from the port. Lets have a DIS meet.

Steve

Verandah Man
02-03-2006, 04:57 PM
OK guys I have confirmed through "Verandah Man" the Pirate night has been changed and will not be on Valentines Day. I'm not sure of the actual itinerary for our cruise, but at least we won't have to be Valentine Pirates.

Amy those girls sure are cute and there is a Super Wal-mart off 528 about 10 minutes from the port. Lets have a DIS meet.

Steve

Happy to help out Steve, sorry, but I don't know when Pirate Night was switched too. I didn't think to ask about that, I just sent a copy of the e-mail that you sent to me, and I was told that the Pirate Night switch had already taken place. Have a WONDERful cruise all you 2-12-06 cruisers!!!

alikat99
02-03-2006, 07:53 PM
:cheer2: Yeah!!! I'm glad that hear that they had already switched Pirate night! I'm sure that it will probably end up being the night we're in Nassau, or I guess it could be our night at sea.

Cynthrea
02-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey guys!!!
This is my first cruise...was org. planning on going in March during my daughters spring break in March but found out that DCL was offering military disounts for this month....so I was sold. I don't know who's more excited...me or my daughter. My only stress right now is packing...I go overboard big time with the packing...I guess due to too much moving around in the military and fear of forgetting something...lol. So are there any tips or suggestions???

alikat99
02-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey guys!!!
This is my first cruise...was org. planning on going in March during my daughters spring break in March but found out that DCL was offering military disounts for this month....so I was sold. I don't know who's more excited...me or my daughter. My only stress right now is packing...I go overboard big time with the packing...I guess due to too much moving around in the military and fear of forgetting something...lol. So are there any tips or suggestions???
You're just going to LOVE it!! How old is your DD?

My suggestion with packing is to pack as light as possible. Check weather.com for the Bahamas later this week for the weather. If the weather turns out nice, then you can get by with shorts/tshirts during the day, or capris and a shirt. In the evenings, a nice dress or dress slacks and a blouse is just perfect. Don't forget to bring a sweater or jacket for the evening, because it can get very chilly at night.

Pack a day bag to keep with you until your stateroom is ready. If it's nice, you can keep your swimsuit with you and catch a swim in the pool before we leave port.

Any other questions, let us know. Several of us have cruised before.

Cynthrea
02-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the tips...please keep them coming!! I want to be able to make the best out of our cruise. She's 5 by the way.

alikat99
02-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the tips...please keep them coming!! I want to be able to make the best out of our cruise. She's 5 by the way.
My oldest is 4 1/2, so maybe they can get together! I'm sure that your DD will LOVE the club. I had to drag my DD out of there in Sept!!!

DisneyPoly
02-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks Verandah Man for the update ... that certainly helps with the packing!!! Speaking of which, I hope everyone is having a non-stressful time of getting it all together.

Enjoy the days ahead :wave2:
Maureen

alikat99
02-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Hey everyone!! Are you getting excited?!?!? I'm starting to get some packing done now. Only a few more days left to go!!!!

Superslew
02-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Well I do hope that Pirates Night still happens. I just went out and bought some toy swords and eye patches. RRRRrrrrrrr Matey!

What I think they will do, but just a guess, is have Pirates Night after Nassau on the 13th then Formal Night on Valentines after CC.

We leave for WDW on Thursday..... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

alikat99
02-07-2006, 08:30 AM
Well I do hope that Pirates Night still happens. I just went out and bought some toy swords and eye patches. RRRRrrrrrrr Matey!

What I think they will do, but just a guess, is have Pirates Night after Nassau on the 13th then Formal Night on Valentines after CC.

We leave for WDW on Thursday..... :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
That was my thought too, that they would switch around Formal with Pirate night. We have red/pink clothes for Valentine's Day, and we all have pirate attire for Pirate night! I'm looking forward to it all!!!

Have fun at WDW!! We're just driving over early Sunday morning, but I think that we'll be staying at WDW for a day or so after the cruise.

INdisneyfamily
02-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Has anyone else been watching the weather forecasts on the "My Disney Cruise" part of the DCL website? I sure hope they are wrong!!!

alikat99
02-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Has anyone else been watching the weather forecasts on the "My Disney Cruise" part of the DCL website? I sure hope they are wrong!!!
I'm sure that it's not wrong!! It's getting cold here in central FL. I know that on Sunday, it will only be a high in the 50s in Port Canaveral. And, there is a 30% chance of rain that day. So, I would guess that it will be in the upper 40s by the time that we sail away.

INdisneyfamily
02-09-2006, 06:23 PM
I guess it is better than the snow we have here but I sure wanted to come home with a nice tan. Hopefully it will warm up by the time we make it to Castaway Cay!

alikat99
02-09-2006, 06:49 PM
I went to weather.com and put in Nassau, Bahamas and did the 10 day forcast. Monday shows a high of 70, and Tuesday shows a high of 73. Because Castaway is a little north of Nassau, I would imagine that the weather will be a few degrees cooler at CC.

INdisneyfamily
02-09-2006, 11:31 PM
That sounds much better. I can definitely deal with the 70's! It is currently 29 degrees here and snow in the forecast for the next two days. Just hope our flight makes it out of here today before we get snowed in! Can't believe I will be in Florida in a few hours! Hope everyone has a great cruise!!!