PDA

View Full Version : American Girl Dolls

CheezDoodle
01-05-2006, 12:38 PM
Does anyone collect them? I do, and I have 3 of them: Nellie, Felicity, and Elizabeth. I really want the new one, Jess. :flower:

pugslee
01-05-2006, 02:22 PM
I have Josefina

dragonfly75
01-05-2006, 03:26 PM
I also have Josefina, but shes kind of in bad shape now lol

disneyangel7488
01-05-2006, 03:42 PM
I used to have Molly and Kit, and a Bitty Baby doll. I think I gave them away to my cousins.

2HOT2touch
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
I have one of the Originals. Samantha. Then I also have one that looks like me. and then I have a magic attic doll.

CheezDoodle
01-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I have one of the Originals. Samantha. Then I also have one that looks like me. and then I have a magic attic doll.
Whats a magic attic doll? Can you post a picture of it?

MuNkY
01-05-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't collect dolls. :confused3

AllyGirlie
01-05-2006, 06:36 PM
I wanted one soo bad when I was little. I would get the catalogs and circle everything I wanted (which was practically everything in it..). I always wanted Kirsten. I never got one. I still get the catalogs occassionally though, weird..

I wanted the Allison magic attic doll too.. go figure Allyson wanted the Allison doll..

Daisymae26
01-05-2006, 06:37 PM

Ooo, I remember reading the Magic Attic books when I was younger...they were really cool. But I can't help you with a picture of the doll. :)

AllyGirlie
01-05-2006, 06:43 PM
The magic attic dolls were discontinued a couple years ago. I just found that out not to long ago, I found my "membership card" and was curious and when I looked them up I found that out. They were American Girl type dolls. Their story was that in this person's attic there were all these different clothes. They'd try them on and when they'd look in the mirror they were suddenly in another world dealing with that outfit.. I think that's what it was..

Princess Ash
01-05-2006, 07:31 PM
I <3 my Kirsten...I am 17 years old and her table, chairs, nightstand, bed, and trunk are still all set up in my room. I dressed her up in a ballet costume as the sugar plum fairy for Christmas and put her on display with my porcelin dolls. I love my doll very much, and she holds so many memories and comforts....I would not give her away ever. I even had to send her to the doll hospital one time!!! She had to get a whole new body because her arm AND leg came off!!! (She was <3ed and dragged around a lot)...but I refused to let them change the head...it wouldn't have been my "baby" anymore (I was like...10)...I have proof it's mine because of the chipped tooth :goodvibes

Oh yes, and I loved the magic attic series too. WONDERFUL reads...never got into collecting any of the dolls or merchandise, but I studied the magazine like it was my life, hahahaha.

Cinderella94
01-05-2006, 07:33 PM
I have the Samantha doll...(that's my name too!)

PG Sweetie
01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
I have Felicity, Kirsten, Samantha, Molly, Kit, Josefina, and one of the newer ones. I used to get thenm for Christmas every year. So they hold a lot of memories. I also have a My Twin Doll.

2HOT2touch
01-05-2006, 08:42 PM
um, i can when i get home. cuz right now i am at school and its not here.

I wanted the Allison magic attic doll too.. go figure Allyson wanted the Allison doll..
I have the allison doll....

Princess Ash
01-05-2006, 09:17 PM
um, i can when i get home. cuz right now i am at school and its not here.

I have the allison doll....

I always wanted...oh no, I forget her name! She is in Belle of the Ball and the Ballerina one and the gypsy one! (GASP, i'm getting sooo old, I'm forgetting these things!...I remember Megan, Allison, and Keisha tho...)

Daisymae26
01-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Oh, I remember Keisha and Megan (I think she was the one who traveled to Greece!). Those were really good stories; I really enjoyed reading them.

I have Kirsten, and I used to dress her up and display her in my room, but I've been so busy forever and never have time to anymore... :guilty: . I remember when I first got it, my parents told me not to unbraid her hair, but I didn't listen, so now her hair is all tangled, but she wouldn't be the same without it! :)

Princess Ash
01-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh, I remember Keisha and Megan (I think she was the one who traveled to Greece!). Those were really good stories; I really enjoyed reading them.

I have Kirsten, and I used to dress her up and display her in my room, but I've been so busy forever and never have time to anymore... :guilty: . I remember when I first got it, my parents told me not to unbraid her hair, but I didn't listen, so now her hair is all tangled, but she wouldn't be the same without it! :)

OMG!!! Same thing with my Kirsten! My mom took out her braid for me one day...and I'm a little disappointed that I did...but I ripped like...half her hair out! It's awful! My poor doll....

Hahahaha, wow...I feel silly.

Oh yah, and Megan DID go to Greece! That was one of my FAVORITE books!

Daisymae26
01-06-2006, 06:12 AM
OMG!!! Same thing with my Kirsten! My mom took out her braid for me one day...and I'm a little disappointed that I did...but I ripped like...half her hair out! It's awful! My poor doll....

Hahahaha, wow...I feel silly.

Oh yah, and Megan DID go to Greece! That was one of my FAVORITE books!

I have it on my bookshelf! :goodvibes

CheezDoodle
01-07-2006, 03:14 PM
I just saw a picture of the Megan magic attic doll, and she's really cute! Too bad that they don't sell them anymore. :sad1:

goofyandplutoluver
01-07-2006, 03:54 PM
I got a Molly one... dont have any clothes or anything only the ones she came with and her little red purse glasses hankie and fake penny :D waiting for new clothes i ordered to come in

I dont really "play" with her... just like all the little clothes and everything :upsidedow

wdwgirl03
01-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I got Kirsten when I was about 8. Still have it.

Princess Ash
01-08-2006, 10:01 AM
I got Kirsten when I was about 8. Still have it.

::yes::

TiNKERBELLAo5
01-08-2006, 11:07 AM
I have Samantha... my parents thougth it was cute because my name is Samantha..

Princess Ash
01-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Heeey! Cinderella94's name is Samantha too! And she has the Samantha doll! Maybe I'll name my real child Kirsten...that'd be pretty cool :)

Cinderella94
01-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah! I have Samantha! It's funny because she looks like I do too...kind of.....brown eyes, and we both have brown hair. (Well, I do naturally, but the swimming and all the chlorine messed it up, so now its lighter....but back on topic.....)

Princess Ash
01-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Admit it, you all took pictures with your dolls :goodvibes

Has anyone ever been to The American Girl Place in Chicago? I haven't, but I always wanted to go when I was younger. I DID got to an American girl fashion show when I was younger though, with a following tea party. It was awesome! I also had two of the doll's clothing for people...the authentic Kirsten school dress and authentic Kirsten nightgown...

Cinderella94
01-08-2006, 01:35 PM

Well....welll......well.....how did you know?! :rotfl: :goodvibes:

Daisymae26
01-08-2006, 02:30 PM

Has anyone ever been to The American Girl Place in Chicago? I haven't, but I always wanted to go when I was younger. I DID got to an American girl fashion show when I was younger though, with a following tea party. It was awesome! I also had two of the doll's clothing for people...the authentic Kirsten school dress and authentic Kirsten nightgown...

I was there once, but not for the luncheon or tea with your doll. It was a really cool place; I had tons of fun there! :goodvibes

jesset
01-08-2006, 05:21 PM
I have 2 Kirstens ( one of them orig 1988 dolls that someone gave to me), and Joseafina (sp?). I also have a TON of clothes.( like two big bins of them.)

MyHappyEnding_
01-08-2006, 05:29 PM
I wanted one when I was younger....but never got one. I'm so deprived lol

Princess Ash
01-08-2006, 05:36 PM
I wanted one when I was younger....but never got one. I'm so deprived lol

GASP! Poor deprived child! I'm going to start a fund to get $$$ to buy/send you a doll :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

MyHappyEnding_
01-08-2006, 05:38 PM
GASP! Poor deprived child! I'm going to start a fund to get $$$ to buy/send you a doll :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

XD How sweet. I would love that doll with all of my heart. It would fill in the giant gaping hole in my childhood. :sad1:

Just kidding. :rotfl:

Princess Ash
01-08-2006, 05:39 PM
XD How sweet. I would love that doll with all of my heart. It would fill in the giant gaping hole in my childhood. :sad1:

Just kidding. :rotfl:

Hehehehe, :takesoutnotepad:...sooo, which one did you want? :goodvibes

disneyangel7488
01-12-2006, 06:25 PM

hahaha.... I also unbraided my doll's braids (I had Molly). After that, her hair was so tangled that it broke the doll brush! I was never able to untangle her hair after that lol.

tigger0215
01-13-2006, 12:53 AM
yeah i have a molly and a lindsay doll... my parents gave me molly for at christmas 1 yr..and i saved and saved all my babysitting $$$ to get lindsay....i accidentallt broke molly's head off while brushing her un-braided hair when it was all knotty... and my mom warned me that would happen..so i got her fixed..and i never un-braided her hair again lol... i still get the american girl magazines...does anybody else?:)

princessshannie
01-13-2006, 01:03 AM
omg i love american girl dolls with all my heart i have loved them since i got my first doll samantha. I now have a collection of 7 dolls which include samantha, nellie, kit, molly, lindsey, kaily, and marisol... (and even though my mom says that every doll i have gotten so far will be my last i keep getting more lol and intend to lol again) Even though i am already in high school i enjoy collecting the dolls, outfits and some of the furniture.. sometimes when you just have to get away from everything like vmk friends family it is fun to have something like this to go to. :)

Tiinkerbelle
01-13-2006, 11:42 AM
I have 2 collecters dolls from my child hood. I have a "Magic Attic Club" doll, which I think the whole "club" is discontinued. I have an American Girl Doll, and a "My Twin" Doll, those are so freaky. You send in a picture of yourself and they match the hair color, eye color, moles, freckles, everything. When you get it, it looks just like you.

Princess Ash
01-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I still get the magazine everyone once in a while...I always have to beg my mom not to throw it away...

I also belonged to the original American Girl's Club...I still have the card and all this awesome stuff that came with it...

rob'n
01-15-2006, 06:04 PM
i collect ag dolls! i have marisol, kit and samantha. they r so awesome. i belong to the americangirl club. do any of u? american girl is awesome and i think jess is really cool. :cool1: :cool2: :Pinkbounc

stinkerbell2009
01-15-2006, 07:14 PM
i have Kit, Kaya, Joesefina, and Felicity