PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Opinion Please-Night Before Cruise

lmok
01-05-2006, 11:26 AM
We are flying into MCO the day before we sail. We land at 10:05 A.M. If we were to stay at Port Orleans we could maybe go to Down Town Disney and maybe even the Magic Kingdom. June 2nd is the late night at Magic Kingdom so we could stay until 1 A.M. When we went in 2004 we stayed late at the MK and loved it. Even my 6 year old wanted to just keep going. Florida Town Car does are transportation and they would be waiting for us and we would get to the resort quicker than if on a bus. What do you think??? I just can't imagine going to Florida and not going to Disney even though we are going on the ship.

Lisa
:earsgirl: princess: princess:

stampinshauna
01-05-2006, 11:49 AM
I think getting your Disney "fix" before the cruise is a great idea, especially since you'll be getting there in the morning. We never get there before mid-afternoon, so we would just go to Downtown Disney, but it is fun to do something the day you get there. Just don't be to tired your first day on the ship. Have a great vacation!!!

lmok
01-05-2006, 12:24 PM
That is what I needed to hear Shauna, Thank You.

Lisa

dabsjad
01-05-2006, 01:10 PM
we too are arriving early and staying at the Port Orleans Riverside the night before. We are planning to go to Downtown disney for the evening. We will have our 4 & 2 yr old boys with us so am not sure how the Magic Kingdom would work for us but if you have a grownup kid/kids that sounds like a fantastic idea.
Ash

MomtoAshley
01-05-2006, 01:41 PM
I just got off the 4 day Wonder, and we got to Orlando at about 10:30 AM. We decided to hit the Magic Kingdom since our flight wasn't until the next day. We grabbed lunch and went. Was there from about 2:30 til about 9:30. It was great to go and do a few select rides, since we won't be back for a few years.

lmok
01-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. We are going to go ahead and stay at Port Orleans and go to Down Town Disney and MK. I can't be that close and not do it.

Thanks,
Lisa

kaykels
01-06-2006, 06:42 PM
We cruised in 04 and decided to stay at the port, until Hurricane Ivan changed our plans for us. We were redirected to the Port Orleans. We vowed to NEVER STAY ANYWHERE OTHER THAN DISNEY the day before the cruise. It was such a magical kick off to our vacation. On that vacation we went to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner (BOMA) and then went to the Wilderness Lodge to catch the firworks and boat parade.
On our next cruise in 05 we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge the day before and went to the MK. I'm not sure if I would do that again because we were EXHAUSTED. The park was packed, it was hot and my kids were more interested in the hotel pool anyway. Oh, and we drove this time.... 20 hours in the car. We were beat before we started and very happy to be pulling up at the beautiful WL !!!! We should have enjoyed the hotel instead.

But... that's just me. Character dinners, parks, downtown disney, fireworks, pool time, whatever... is just an awesome way to start.

lmok
01-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Rachel,

What month did you go in 05?

Lisa

kaykels
01-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I went in May over Mothers Day. It was amazing!