PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one on the 5/14/06 Wonder?

jedijill
01-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Is there anyone else out there going on this cruise or will I have the ship to myself?

Jill in KC

FlaNative05
01-11-2006, 09:44 PM
No worries, we'll be there! DH, DD5, DD3, DD, DB, DB, DMIL, DFIL, DSIL. We were "Wonder"ing when somebody was gonna post something, guess we could have. Well, we are back on the boards after a break, getting psyched and planning again. More from us later! :hyper:

KJal1
01-12-2006, 08:59 PM
...and it looks like we'll have the whole boat to ourselves. LOL! It'll be me, DH, DS(11), DM and DF. First cruise for all of us :cool1:

googlybear
01-21-2006, 03:41 PM
We'll be there too!

texasthree
02-05-2006, 10:21 PM
We will be going on our very first Disney Cruise on May 14th! My husband, son (4) and myself. We are trying to decide to book the 3 night/4 day cruise of just book the 4 day cruise and book our own reservations for the first 3 or 4 nights. I cant decide which way is better. I am thinking having all the transportation would be a great thing but we are military so we could stay at shades of green for a cheaper rate. Any thoughts on this?

sdptalk
02-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi again Texasthree. It can be much cheaper to book the cruise and land stay separately. Transportation to the port can be done cheaper, too. The Disney buses are convenient, but they arrive at the port later than we like. We have always booked through Happy Limo or Tiffany Towncar and have them pick us up early (around 9:30 a.m.) from whatever hotel we are in and that way, we get to the port early and are usually one of the first families to board. We like to get our cruise started as soon as possible. :woohoo:

One more thing about booking transportation on your own...the driver will stop anywhere on the way that you want. We like to stop and pick-up a light breakfast on the way. Remember, you will be eating a lot on the ship and it starts from the minute you board so save your appetites :thumbsup2

Our traveling party includes: Mike 45, Michael 19, Joe 19, Ross 12, Alex 11, and Sandy (me) 42. Michael and Alex are our sons and they are each taking a friend.

Hope to talk to all of you more as the time nears :banana:

Sandy P.

texasthree
02-11-2006, 01:20 PM
I hadnt even thought about the time they will get us to the port. I would like to be there early. I may have to think cancelling the transportation and taking a car service, then we could also stop for bottled water without having to pay cruise prices. THANKS!! :thumbsup2

sdptalk
02-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Since there are only three of you, you may consider renting a car for the day. You could probably rent a car for under $40.00 for the day (one way from your resort to the port). Call Avis or Enterprise and see if they have a drop-off point near the cruise terminal. That way you can take your time and stop whenever and whereever you want. You can also leave Orlando at a time you choose.

Just a thought. I know I have read where other people have done that. Since there are so many of us, we just use a service. It ends up being a lot cheaper for us.

Sandy P.

p.s. Your little one is going to have a blast!!!!! :cool1:

sdptalk
02-11-2006, 07:15 PM
OH!!!! One more thing, Texasthree. Make sure you pack your little one a swim suit in a carry on bag. He can jump into the Mickey pool as soon as he gets on the ship! Usually, it is practically empty at that point.

Sandy P.

texasthree
02-12-2006, 08:45 PM
I read that on the boards last week so I have it all planned! I am just going to wear mine under my clothes and I will put DH and Ds's in my carry one! I think these boards are going to make my cruise so much easier!

texasthree
02-15-2006, 12:40 AM
I think we are going to have this whole ship to ourselves!! Good thing since I cant book our excursions or Palo until 75 days out. Perhaps dinner at Palos isnt as unobtainable as I suspected! :banana:

sdptalk
02-15-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm with you!!! I hope the ship is not even near being full. Although, even when it is full, you can't tell.

Just 3 more months!! :cool1: :cheer2: :hippie:

agraygirl
02-19-2006, 10:55 PM
YAY!! I found my fellow cruisers!!!
My husband, son(7), and I are flying in from Tennessee.

Only 83 Days 0 hours 0 minutes and 7 seconds tilll May 14th!
Wooo Hooo!
:banana: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :banana:

Join the email list for this group here!!!
http://lists.pixiechild.com/listinfo.cgi/mgg-pixiechild.com

texasthree
02-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Welcome agraygirl! I wonder if DCL will have anything special for mothers day? I cant wait. I have been looking at the excursions this morning. What excursion are you all going to do?????

agraygirl
02-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Here's my schedule:

Day 1 - Port Canaveral - Sunday, May 14, 2006
No Activities are reserved.

Day 2 - Nassau - Monday, May 15, 2006
Nassau Dolphin Encounter 9:15AM 1:30PM

Day 3 - Castaway Cay - Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Glass Bottom Boat Scenic Voyage 9:45AM 11:15AM

Day 4 - At Sea - Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Palo Brunch 11:00AM 12:30PM

Day 5 - Port Canaveral - Thursday, May 18, 2006
No Activities are reserved.

I booked a palo brunch because I didnt want to risk missing any of the other resteraunts.

So, like I was up till 2am lastnight reading threads and realized there is a "dress like a pirate" night!? Is this true? Any idea what night that is? How cool is that?!

texasthree
02-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Its easy to be addicted to these boards, isnt it??
I have read about the pirate night as well. You can all dress up or just the kids. You might want to try a search for pirate or pirate night, I know a few weeks ago some disers posted pictures of their pirate night costumes. Not everyone dresses up so its really what ever you want to do. I have been looking for my son a pirate costume but I dont think DH and I will dress up.

I have read some negative things about the glass bottom boat ride. You might want to do a search for it. The posts I read the other day said run away from it quickly! This is our first cruise so I dont know from experience but the other posts said they crowd a lot of people on it and you hardly see anything.

I havent decided what we are going to do yet. I cant book until the 28th so I guess I will schedule what ever is left over!

agraygirl
02-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Oh wow! Didn't know about the glass bottom boat. Hmmm what else could we do? We thought about renting snorkel gear but I don't know if I could do that.

Eighty days!!!!

texasthree
02-27-2006, 12:06 AM
I am thinking about trying the dolphin encounter if its still available and my husband wants to scuba dive. I dont dive so hes on his own there!

agraygirl
02-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Yeesh, are the days going by slower or is it just me? :crazy2:

texasthree
03-03-2006, 02:14 PM
I know, they are creeping by. I made an agreement with my hubby if we booked this cruise I wouldnt go to my parents/sisters/whole families house all spring. (saving the money and all) Now I am home sick and the cruise is sooooo far away! The cruise will all be worth it.............when it finally comes!!! party:

jedijill
03-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Well I lost track of my own thread....I thought I set it for notifications! I'm glad to see I won't be all alone on the ship!

I will sailing solo so if anyone wants to set up a meet give me a holler!

Jill in KC

sdptalk
03-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Just bumping us!

texasthree
03-21-2006, 02:47 PM
I am shocked there are so few disers on the may 14th wonder. Some threads seem to have hundreds of people! I was hoping to meet someone with a 4-5 year old boy so my son isnt so alone in the kids club. Hes pretty friendly so I suppose he will just follow someone around until the play with him!

jkb1999
04-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Hello May 14th cruisers!! My DH (35), myself (32) and 2 of our dd's (5 1/2 and 4) will be joining all of you!! Just over a month away!! We all can't wait. My dh and I have been on 2 cruises with RCCL but this is our first Disney one!! We are leaving our 1 year old DD with the Grandparents.....we will miss her but my mom says it won't be enjoyable with such a little on, plus it meant doubling the cost because it bumped us up to 5 people and a family suite.

Anyhow, we have late seating for dinner. We are doing Palo's the last night and haven't booked anything for either days at Ports as we are probably just going to enjoy the beaches. Haven't finalized our thoughts on this yet. Would like to do a massage on the beach at CC........does anyone know how you book this in advance.

Also is there a way to see how many people are booked on this date??

Janene

texasthree
04-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Welcome Aboard! I could of written your thread its almost exactly us! We have a 4 year old son, late dinner seating, we arent taking any excursions and we are having dinner at palo the last night! We decided just to enjoy the ship while its less crowded or go to the beach during port days. We are getting a massage on castaway cay! You just go to disneycruise.com and book your massage. If you booked palo onling, its the same place just a tab or 2 over!
We are getting so excited!!!! :banana:

agraygirl
04-22-2006, 11:43 PM
I am shocked there are so few disers on the may 14th wonder. Some threads seem to have hundreds of people! I was hoping to meet someone with a 4-5 year old boy so my son isnt so alone in the kids club. Hes pretty friendly so I suppose he will just follow someone around until the play with him!

We have a 7 year old son he is registered with the 5-7 year old group...I forget what they are called...he looks just like opie taylor :teeth:

I lost this thread as well! Only 22 days left! I also found out we are pregnant since I posted last! Ill be 17 weeks during the cruise. We have nothing scheduled for CC, but decided on the dolphin as our only excursion.

Oh and I went to the kennedy space center website!! There is a shuttle launch around 6pm the day we come home and its only a few miles from the ship! So we tried to change our flight but we are gonna miss it. =\ but I figured it would be good for some of you people leaving a bit later!

jedijill
04-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Arlene,

You might want to double check the shuttle launch. I heard on the news that it is delayed until at least July....I was soooo looking forward to seeing it.

Jill in KC
21 days until my Grubbin' and Cruisin' Graduation Celebration!

agraygirl
04-23-2006, 11:43 AM
Doh, DH tells me its a satellite rocket not a shuttle launch:
on nasa.gov-website(I can't post the url)

May 18
GOES-N
The first in a series of new Earth monitoring weather satellites.
Launch Window: 6:14 to 7:14 p.m. EDT

agraygirl
04-25-2006, 06:32 PM
We got our suitcase tags and tickets today!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

texasthree
04-26-2006, 11:29 PM
We got our cruise documents today!! I am sooo excited. I started packing today. My sons suitcase is packed other than his water shoes! I used someones suggestion and put his complete outfits in a gallon size zip lock with the day he should wear them. I think its going to be sooo easy for Dh or even DS to grap the right bag and get dressed. I love organization.

We decided not to do any excursions. We are just going to stay on the ship in nassau and enjoy the ship while its a little less crowded. Of course we going to hit the beach at castaway cay and have a massage!

We will be there 2 weeks from today. We are going to cbr for 4 days before our cruise. I am already having trouble sleeping!

agraygirl
04-27-2006, 07:08 AM
So what night is formal night and what night is pirate night? Any ideas? I wanted to figure that out before packing my son! Granted I guess he will be casual all day long during the day.

I'm going to make a door sign. We are in room 7026. :teeth:

Oh and we worked out a way to fly out the next day and watch the rocket launch from kennedy space center. Woo!
17 days!!

YFamily
04-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Hi, Penny my wonderful travel agent just told me about this thread so I can meet some fellow cruisers! This board gets so many posts, it's so hard to even do searches. Especially when you're a busy mom!

We will be there, too!! Penny booked our cruise last weekend. It was very last minute but that's how it goes in both of our lines of work.

We are the Y Family, from St. Louis MO. Myself (35), Husband (36) and daughter (almost 2.5) This is our very first cruise and we are soooo excited. I'm kinda nervous, since it's something new. But I also have an adventurous spirit, so I'm ready for anything!

We haven't booked any excursions. With a 2 year old who's never been in day care, we're hesitant to spend the money and then have to be paged back to the nursery. That's ok. We'll take this first cruise to learn everything, then come back another time and do all the excursions when she's older.

Palo was all booked. I am going to get on a waiting list.

We are coming in via a Disney bus, so we'll be there a bit later, might miss some of the ressies, but that's ok. DD will be dressed like a princess when we board.

We are also decorating our old mouse ears. They are a bit beat up. But I can save them with some bling bling.

AND we are making a door sign, too! We're really getting into this.

We have late seating for dining.

Hmm... what else? I think I have most of this covered, huh!

I'll be curious to know about pirate night. We have pirate hats already. pirate:

We will be staying in 5134, aft, Nav verandah.

Good to meet everyone!
Y Family!

agraygirl
04-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Almost only two weeks and we will be there!!

Hi Y Family! Welcome to our very slow lonely thread. hehe. I believe most of our fellow cruisers not in the thread must not be to internet savy... but that's okay! More room for me in the internet cafe!

16 days left!!!

YFamily
04-28-2006, 08:54 AM
I was hoping more fellow cruisers would be talking! I want to make little giftie bags for everyone. Something very small. Just a way to say hello. I heard that's something people from these boards do quite often. Sounds fun. I have lots of craft supplies here in the house and am just itching to do something crafty. I have to burn off all this excitement somehow!

I wonder if the others who started this thread still come back here?
Jaden
:cheer2:

agraygirl
04-28-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah they do periodically. :) My grandma has a Disney embriodery machine by Brother. Im thinking about embriodering a bunch of pillowcases for the characters to sign.

Rumor has it you can leave a pillowcase in a gallon size bag with markers at guest services the first day of your cruise and on the last day you pick it up and its been signed by most of the characters. How cool is that?

YFamily
04-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Narnia would love that! I'm trying to get her introduced to all the characters. I asked her yesterday who is her favorite Disney princess. She replied,
"Donald Duck."

Donald would be either very proud of very mortified. HAHAH!

Oh my gosh, I have to get off these boards and get my day started. They are so addicting. But I guess information is power, huh!

See ya on here later!
Jaden
:bride: I know this is a bride, but it also looks she's hanging out under the St. Louis Arch.

agraygirl
04-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Narnia would love that!
What a beautiful name! From the book? We are looking at baby names right now.

:bride: I know this is a bride, but it also looks she's hanging out under the St. Louis Arch.
ROFL... spewed my drink!

jedijill
04-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Welcome everyone! I just knew that we 5/14 cruisers were really procrastinators....the action is picking up!

Since I was the OP, I will reintroduce myself.

My name is Jill and I'm from Kansas City, Mo. I am solo on this cruise celebrating my graduation from graduate school. I will be in room 6083. I hope to get my door sign made here in the next couple of weeks. I have late seating. So if you see me wandering around please feel free to say hi!!!

Jill in KC
14 more days 'til my Grubbin' and Cruisin' Graduation Trip!

agraygirl
04-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Congrats Jill!
We are on second seating as well... I'm thinking not eating till 8:30 is gonna be a bit weird.

We did decide to do the kyak and hiking excursion in CC based on a review I read here.

I cant link to it but it's under cruise line trip reports a post titled:

9/25/03 Wonder 3-day Trip (Many Photos) Excursions: Nassau City & CC Kayaking ( 1 2 3 4 )

Im so out of shape, I hope I don't pass out! But she made it sound like so much fun! We are leving Kieran with his group while we do this one. It's 10+.

YFamily
04-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Yes, from the books. They announced the movie was coming out when I was pregnant. We just saw the movie in December. Narnia hasn't seen it yet, too young. It really is an unusual name. I don't know of any other Narnia's - yet! When we have more kids, it will be a struggle to come up with anything to match NARNIA!

I wonder if we will all be on the same rotation for dinner?
Y Family

YFamily
04-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Jill, I know you are probably desperately needing some R and R after grad school, but if you get lonely for company, let me know! I hope that doesn't sound weird or anything. I'm a very friendly and outgoing person, and meeting new people comes very easily to me.

Narnia naps daily at about 2 or 3pm for two hours. My husband wants to just sit on the verandah and read while she naps. I do NOT want to be stuck in that room! I'm way too active and social for that. Read? I can read at HOME! So if you are up for company and want to go exploring with someone, let me know.

And we have late seating too. 8pm is 7pm our time, so not TOO late, but hopefully we won't be too stuffed for the late night dessert buffets.

Oh we are going to gain so much weight!

Again, hope that wasn't too weird!! I just know if I was alone on a ship, I'd love some occasional company!
Jaden
St. Louis
Room 5134

YFamily
04-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Girl, you can't be THAT out of shape if you are going to do that while pregnant! Way to go! I can't imagine doing that NOT pregnant.

agraygirl
04-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Well, we'll see if I come huffing and puffing back... ;)

I bought sunblock(spray on kind that you dont have to rub in) and two shirts for my trip yesterday, anyone else got their stuff together? Ive got an excel spreadsheet going of everything people here say are must haves. I'm gonna need to do more shopping.

YFamily
04-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I have a list on a post it note right now that needs to be put onto a REAL list this weekend.

Unusual items so far:
Waterproof money holder
Waterproof disposable camera
Ginger tablets
Princess dresses princess:
Pirate hats pirate:
Sand toys

Not items I normally pack on a trip!

Oh, since you are pg, what are you going to do for sea sickness? What can you take?
Jaden :wave: These smilies are hilarious. This one has water in his ear! HAH

OH wait, no he doesn't. He's just waving with his head cocked to the side. :surfweb:

jedijill
04-28-2006, 02:56 PM
You guys are so awesome! Jaden I would love to hook up...I don't have any shore excursions planned. I'm worried about where they will put me for dinner. I need to start packing!!!! ARGH!

Jill in KC

Tiggerish
04-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks YFamily for the link to this.

My family is also sailing on the Wonder on May14th. Our group consists of:

Myself - who claims to live in Michigan but has a job and an apartment in Chicago also. It was my original suggestion to do this cruise as the "Disney Auntie" with my brother & his family. Then the grandparents on both sides decided to join. So we are seven adults accompanying two children.

My parents who are in their 70's and who have become Florida residents but escape back to Michigan for the summers.

My brother, his wife and their two children, a boy age 6 :wizard: and a girl, age 2.8 princess: who are from Michigan.

My brother's in-laws (my sister-in-law's parents) who are from Michigan also and who are in my age group [that is another story but the short version is that I am generation older than my brother.]

YFamily
04-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Jill, is your email current in your profile? I will email you our personal info. When you get on board, you can ask to be seated with us. I can do the same, if I beat you on board. Doubtful. I am arriving via Disney coach, so I will probably get there 130 or 200.

This brings to mind a New Year's Eve package we once booked at a hotel. Group seating. I was so stoked to be spending New Year's at this expensive outing. I was HATING the group seating because I had a feeling we'd get stuck with idiots. And sure enough, we were!

We had one couple who were fighting. Oh they were fun. :sad2: And one couple who were fall on the floor drunk. The woman kept hitting on my husband. Like tried to sit on his lap. Flashing him. The whole deal! And one couple with a husband who was a know it all and tried to correct everything we said.

I kept looking for the hidden cameras. Certainly, this wasn't real!!

And this is why I fear group seating.

Maybe if enough people join in our discussion, we can stack our table with fun people who won't ruin dinner for us!

Jaden
:hourglass Almost time!!

YFamily
04-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Excellent! So glad you got the link!

We'll all have to do an email photo exchange before we depart.

I'm slightly paranoid about what I put online. Just slightly. Not much.

Oh, is anyone going to get tan before going? I'm so white! I worry about burning on the beach, even with sun screen. We have a tan spa a block away. I wonder if I should go a few times before we leave? I don't want to be the reason people need to wear sunglasses, even inside. I'm so white I glow.

J

jedijill
04-28-2006, 05:48 PM
Jill, is your email current in your profile? I will email you our personal info. When you get on board, you can ask to be seated with us. I can do the same, if I beat you on board. Doubtful. I am arriving via Disney coach, so I will probably get there 130 or 200.

This brings to mind a New Year's Eve package we once booked at a hotel. Group seating. I was so stoked to be spending New Year's at this expensive outing. I was HATING the group seating because I had a feeling we'd get stuck with idiots. And sure enough, we were!

We had one couple who were fighting. Oh they were fun. :sad2: And one couple who were fall on the floor drunk. The woman kept hitting on my husband. Like tried to sit on his lap. Flashing him. The whole deal! And one couple with a husband who was a know it all and tried to correct everything we said.

I kept looking for the hidden cameras. Certainly, this wasn't real!!

And this is why I fear group seating.

Maybe if enough people join in our discussion, we can stack our table with fun people who won't ruin dinner for us!

Jaden
:hourglass Almost time!!

Yep, email should be the same. Where are you getting on the DCL bus? I am boarding at POR and supposed to be there by 11:30. Shoot me an email or Pm and I can give you my cell number as well. I am very well behaved....I promise not to get drunk and hit on your husband! :rotfl2:

jedijill
04-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Excellent! So glad you got the link!

We'll all have to do an email photo exchange before we depart.

I'm slightly paranoid about what I put online. Just slightly. Not much.

Oh, is anyone going to get tan before going? I'm so white! I worry about burning on the beach, even with sun screen. We have a tan spa a block away. I wonder if I should go a few times before we leave? I don't want to be the reason people need to wear sunglasses, even inside. I'm so white I glow.

J

Me Too!!!! I'm looking at the self tan stuff or I might break down and do the spray on tan. It's not too bad...did it for my brother's wedding.

Jill

agraygirl
04-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Wouldn't it be great if we could all sit together? I wonder how we could arrange that? Hmmm...

Jill, I was thinking bout getting a base tan before going althought Im not sure that's possible... Im so white that 15 minutes in teh sun will burn me to a crisp. Have you noticed that alot of the pirate night photos have some pretty burnt people in them? LOL!

Jaden, my doctor prescribed me something called Zofran? It's apparently a very strong anti-nausea/anti-motionsick. Ive never taken it but I hear its like $35 a pill! Im going to only get like 5 and live on dramamine the rest of the time!

jedijill
04-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Arlene,

You might try the spray on tan. I think I paid about $40 for 3 sessions. You go into a booth and it sprays you...You have to rub it so it is even but you darken up over the next few hours....beats looking pasty white and it is safe.

I'm all for linking up! I think you can do it once you are on board.

Jill

YFamily
04-29-2006, 08:57 AM
I think we should sit together! :thumbsup2

How about we do a personal info exchange via email. We can also send each other pictures, so we know who to look for.

I'll email everyone later today. It's oil change day for the car. Whee. Fun. Fun.

It's also cold and raining today. Days like today make me dream of "the boat" as my daughter calls our vacation. "Going on the boat today?"

I sure hope it doesn't rain while we are on vacation!

J :bride:

YFamily
04-29-2006, 08:59 AM
Hey TexasThree, get in here! We want to chat with you!!

YFamily
04-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Look at me, Ladies! I'm messaging all of the people who posted in here originally. Trying to get them back in here so we can have an online party.

I am replying to each one's original post, so they get an email notification. I did a PM, too. BUt I don't think that emails a person.

Sorry, I know this is annoying....

Can you tell I once had a life as an event planner? Back in the days when I was young and could put up with Bride-zillas.

I had joked to our travel planner that I am a Dis-Zilla. You know, just wanted the entire vacation to be PERFECT. HAH! I drove her crazy!!

:woohoo: Back to messaging everyone.

YFamily
04-29-2006, 09:02 AM
*waves!* Hi! This thread it active again. Come on over!

YFamily
04-29-2006, 09:03 AM
Hi hi hi! Come on in! We're talkin about the cruiiiiiiise.

Geez, am I being annoying this morning or what???

YFamily
04-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Come on Googlybear! Come back, we want to talk to you about the cruise!! :bride:

YFamily
04-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Ok you really need to come back in, because I have questions about the port arrival. Come back, come back!!

Yes indeed, too much coffee this morning! :surfweb:

YFamily
04-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi, I'm starting an email list for us. I am unable to email you through your profile. Can you PM me an email address I could use? Thank you!
J

agraygirl
04-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Wow Jaden, you sound like me friday! I was pretty bored! ;)
So... are we there yet?

YFamily
04-30-2006, 09:53 AM
I am going to an animal park this morning. When we get home, I'll call Disney and request our table reservations.

I'll email once I know.

Just wanted to post it here so we can keep this thread active so others might find us.

:sunny:

jedijill
04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
Shameless bump up the boards! Come one come all! Calling all 5/14 cruisers!

Jill in KC
12 days 'til my Grubbin and Cruisin' Graduation Celebration! :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :moped: pirate: :bounce:

texasthree
04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Oh My, I've been missing all the excitment!

I have been in a serious panic all day today. I cant find my husbands birth certificate! They were all here together in my office and now his has gone MIA. I wonder what I can do tomorrow to get it replaced in the next few days. I am waiting for his mother to get home and call me back. Shes a pack rat so hopefully shes got one! I am the poster child for getting a passport before you cruise!!!! My husband is convinced he will be able to board with just his military id and expired passport.........I am taking no chances.

My sons clothes are totally packed!

texasthree
04-30-2006, 08:19 PM
I forgot to add, We are in cabin 2090 and also have late dinner seating.

We live in Texas so I think I will just sit outside for a couple hours this week and try and tan up before we leave. Its been warm all winter but somehow I am still white as a ghost!

texasthree
04-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks YFamily for the link to this.

My family is also sailing on the Wonder on May14th. Our group consists of:

Myself - who claims to live in Michigan but has a job and an apartment in Chicago also. It was my original suggestion to do this cruise as the "Disney Auntie" with my brother & his family. Then the grandparents on both sides decided to join. So we are seven adults accompanying two children.

My parents who are in their 70's and who have become Florida residents but escape back to Michigan for the summers.

My brother, his wife and their two children, a boy age 6 :wizard: and a girl, age 2.8 princess: who are from Michigan.

My brother's in-laws (my sister-in-law's parents) who are from Michigan also and who are in my age group [that is another story but the short version is that I am generation older than my brother.]

Hello Tiggerish, We are originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan. DH is a navy pilot so we are living in Texas but Michigan is always home. My parents live in AA and my sister lives in Manchester.

YFamily
04-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Welcome back! We are also talking on this thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1100255

Altho maybe the others aren't there yet!

As far as his BC, if you need to order a copy, do it ASAP! I had to do that for an upcoming adoption. Ours was also needed ASAP. I went down to the county office and was given one on the spot.

Are you excited yet?

agraygirl
04-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Oh My, I've been missing all the excitment!

I have been in a serious panic all day today. I cant find my husbands birth certificate!

Texas, we ordered DHs passport with his old expired one from highschool. They didnt need his birth certificate, however the passport took like 6 weeks to arrive.

texasthree
04-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Good news! Mil found the bc. Shes going to overnight it to me. Now I can sleep tonight. I knew there would be some sort of last minute disaster since DH didnt get his passport renewed in time.

I am so looking forward to the cruise. We are spending 4 nights at cbr before the cruise. I think after those 4 days in the parks together we will all be ready for a little alone time! We are going to palos on the last night too. We are getting a cabana massage on castaway cay. I have one booked, just still trying to talk dh into it. Hes not one for getting a massage.

I am going to stop by the dollar store tomorrow for some disney stickers so DS and I can make tip envelopes for mousekeeping.

YFamily
04-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Ok you HAVE to make a door sign. We three are making signs. You have to as well. We cannot be the only ones on the ship with signs!!!

J

texasthree
04-30-2006, 10:25 PM
I will give it a shot. Are you printing them from an online source? I am not so good when it comes to graphics!

jedijill
05-01-2006, 12:01 AM
I will give it a shot. Are you printing them from an online source? I am not so good when it comes to graphics!

Neither are we but Y's hubby is a genius! He is an honorary MGG.

Jill

:banana: :banana: :banana:

YFamily
05-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Walmart or similiar or copy places sell magnetic paper. Get a pack of those. You can then hand decorate, make a collage, or even print onto the paper. We are making little mickey ears out of the Disney colors.

Keep us posted.
J

texasthree
05-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I will head to walmarts this morning for magnetic paper.

If anyone is interested in doing a pillowcase for their children or themselves, I ordered an embrordered Mickey Mouse on ebay with my sons name on it for less than $10. Its too cute. She had it here within a couple of days as well.

meresandwillsmom
05-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Yea! We are flying from Memphis on May 10th for our Land/Sea with are staying at POR and the May 14th Wonder. I also have a DS age 7, who will need a playmate. My DH is 10 and will be in the Lab. I hope we can hook up. PM me!

caribear
05-01-2006, 12:07 PM
I just booked today!! My 3 year old is so excited as she keeps talking about our cruise that we took in December. This is our first Disney cruise, so if anyone has any tips please share!!! We just decided last minute to go, so I have not researched anything yet!

texasthree
05-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Welcome meresaandwillsmom and caribear!!

texasthree
05-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Caribear, I am impressed just booking one week out! I would be going crazy.
I dont know how much advice I have except to make sure you go on the disneycruise website and register you daughter in the kids club.

If you would like to have a pillow case signed by the charectors you can purchase one, put it in a ziplock with your daughters name and your room number and take it to guest services on the first day of your cruise. I understand they will have the charectors sign it and it will be back in your room before the cruise is over. If you just want the princess' to sign it, you can request that too! As I have mentioned before, I bought one on ebay for less than $10 and it has mickey mouse and my sons name embrordered on it.

There is a pirate night, if you would like to dress like a pirate or bring pirate items.

I think all of us have the late seating and I am assuming you do as well!

We are all doing a door sign as well on magnetic paper.

Any other questions, just ask!

YFamily
05-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Alrighty, I am the official Communications Manager of the MOnkey Grass Girls. HAH!

Post a message and I will contact you via PM or email.

We are doing most of our discussions off board -since we are exhanging personal info.

Contact me if I haven't contacted you already!

WOOOO ALMOST THERE!!
:banana:

jedijill
05-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah! Welcome all new members. I swear I am the only person on the ship who booked more than 2 months out....we are such procrastinators!!!

Jill in KC

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

winesis
05-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi fellow cruisers. We are the Greig family from Fishers, IN. Myself, DH, and DD(3) will be in cabin 6592. We are traveling with friends from Georgia who have a DD(7) & DS(5), they are in cabin 6532, so we will be the crazy people running up an down the hall.

We booked back in October and have early seating. No plans for Nassau yet, we might go to the beach or just stay on the ship & enjoy a less crowed pool.

I have been reading the boards for a few months... I have door signs for both cabins, pixie gifts for the kids, pirate stuff...thanks for all the great tips. Today is my first post. Yeah!!

Amie in IN

YFamily
05-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Amie, welcome. We are the Monkey Grass Girls. You will know who we are because we will be the loudest ladies on the ship. Do not fear us. We come in peace. Altho we could use some chocolate lava cake. ASAP!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Y Family!

YFamily
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
My daughter is 2. Perhaps our girls can play together!

Tiggerish
05-01-2006, 08:52 PM
:wave2:

Apartly my group is out of step :cool1: because unlike most of the other posting on this thread, we have early seating and booked more than 13 months ago! Actually, I have been working on this trip for about 16 months.

Texasthree, I grew up in Kalamazoo and now hang out in Grand Rapids on the weekends and Chicago during the week. My brother and family and in-laws are all in Holland.

No one in my group has anything scheduled for Nassau but there is talk about some of the adults just getting off the ship and exploring a little.

In fact, the only organized plan we have is Palo brunch on the at sea day.

winesis
05-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Thank you Yfamily, it would be fun to get the girls togeather. Ours just turned three in April.

Tiggerish we spend alot of time in Kalamazoo. My sister is the Assistant Winemaker at St. Julian's. We visit Eagle Lake in Mattawan at least once a month in the summer. Of course we will be bringing wine on board with us. :woohoo:

caribear
05-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome and info!!!

YFamily
05-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Hey ladies,

Arlene started an email list program. You join the email list and will receive emails from everyone in our group. We are using this as a way to share information on packing, ideas for the trip, and exchanging personal information.

If you are interested, please post and let us know. We can submit your email address and you can join in on the chatter.

We feel this is a good option because it's more private now that we are sharing so much personal information about one another.
Come join the fun! We're very entertaining.

Thanks!
:banana:

jkb1999
05-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi all! I lost you guys for awhile (aside from being crazy busy lately).

Can someone add me to your e-mail group?? My girls are so excited (they are dressed up in their Disney bathing sutis and running around the house, then they change into their Disney outfits.yes I spent way to much money at the Disney store these past few months, LOL).

For those who don't know me I will tell youy all again before I get added to the group :-) I am 32 and my dh is 36...we actually have 3 dd's but the baby whi is One, is not coming. We are taking our just turned 4 year old and 5/12 year old. and we too live in MICHIGAN!! We live "Downriver", moved from Canton area.so we of course know everywhere you all are talking about. This is our first Disney cruise...my dh and I have done to RCCL cruises solo.

We are driving down to FL from here on the 12th (Friday) and staying at my Grandma's one night before head to the East coast for the cruise.

I can't wait! Tell me more about the door signs!
Janene

agraygirl
05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Janene welcome!! Just PM me your email addy and I'll add you to our list!! Ill have to let Jill or Jaden explain the monkey grass...

Hmmm we need a frequently asked quesitons section!! :banana:

texasthree
05-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Welcome janene!
We have a 4 year old son, Logan. He will be 5 in july so maybe right between your 2 girls?
We are originally from MI. I will be in michigan for the big Canton ikea opening in June. Well I am going to see my family for most of June but the ikea is almost as important!! I dont think Canton has any idea whats about to hit them. I said earlier we are from AA, just because everyone knows AA but we are actually from Belleville. I am sure you know where Belleville is!

jkb1999
05-03-2006, 07:03 AM
Yes, yes I know where Bellville is of course.....my brother is in Van Buren (Ecorse and Morton Taylor). Oh yeah the IKEA is going to be HUGE. My sil has free early passes for all of us to go before the first crowds, yahoo!!! I am thankful that we are a bit removed from the chaos that will occur on Ford road with that, LOL!!

My dd#1 (Kayley) will be 6 in August and my dd#2 (Jacqueline) was 4 in March, so Logan is right inbetween them.

Janene

agraygirl
05-03-2006, 07:06 AM
:thumbsup2

YFamily
05-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Monkey Grass? Well we were talking and Arlene said, "My Monkey Grass just got delivered!" Then she told us it was orange. Jill and I were totally confused. What the heck is Monkey Grass? Arlene explained it to us- it's used for borders in flower gardens and landscaping. Jill and I thought Arlene was having a little TOO much fun over there....

And thus, the Monkey Grass Girls were born. We even have a logo being created by my husband.

We are such geeks. But so proud.

jedijill
05-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Shamless bump up the boards! Only 9 more days!!! :cool1: :hourglass

Jill in KC

Tiggerish
05-04-2006, 10:04 PM
I just finished packing and addressing my ship ahead box! :banana:

I will drop it off at FedEx on my way to work in the morning and keep my fingers crossed that the next time I see this box it will be in my "Wonder"ful cabin.

texasthree
05-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I bought a new bathing suit cover today! I am planning on living in it. Can I wear it to dinner? :rotfl:

YFamily
05-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Ooh I still cannot find a bathing suit cover up! It will be an oversized Tshirt for me.

Tiggerish
05-05-2006, 05:27 PM
:woohoo:
The first part of our group has started towards WDW!
My brother and family :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wizard: princess: are in the car headed from MI to Chicago. They are doing a park/sleep/fly thing at a hotel by the airport and will depart for WDW early tomorrow morning.

On Tuesday the rest of the MI group will be flying down to WDW. I will fly out on Thursday for a couple of quick days at WDW. Then my parents will drive themselves to the port to meet up with all of us on Sunday and board the :boat:

jedijill
05-05-2006, 07:56 PM
:woohoo:
The first part of our group has started towards WDW!
My brother and family :earsboy: :earsgirl: :wizard: princess: are in the car headed from MI to Chicago. They are doing a park/sleep/fly thing at a hotel by the airport and will depart for WDW early tomorrow morning.

On Tuesday the rest of the MI group will be flying down to WDW. I will fly out on Thursday for a couple of quick days at WDW. Then my parents will drive themselves to the port to meet up with all of us on Sunday and board the :boat:

Yeah! This time next week I will be home from work early finishing up packing and trying to get some sleep since I fly the next morning! See you on the :boat: :dancer: :sail: :dumbo:

Jill

Tiggerish
05-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I did not get to go home to MI this weekend 'cause I needed to get extra office stuff done in Chicago so that all goes well at work while I cruise.

Since I am stuck in Chicago, I used my Sunday morning to pack my bags. So I am READY. :cool1: :sunny: Now I just need the car service to show up on time!

Actually, I have to do a bit of picking up around my Chicago temporary apartment as my brother and family are staying here overnight on their way home but that can happen Wed. night.

YFamily
05-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Will the person with the email that starts with:
jrm
On Yahoo

Please post and let us know who you are.

Thank you.

mom x4,grandma x4
05-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi everyone,
Please forgive me for jumping in on your thread, but I wanted to warn anyone who is either drving in from another state or flying in and renting a car that there are several road closures near the port due to heavy smoke from brush fires. I was afraid if you lived out of state you may not know this. The alternate routes will take up to 90 minutes longer to get to the port, depending on traffic. Plan ahead of time, look at a map and have 2 or 3 alternates because the road closures change all the time as the wind shifts.
They have signs saying the rod is closed, but they dont tell you where to detour too!! We almost missed the ship on Thursday. There are signs saying to tune in to 1300 a.m. on the radio for road info, but there was nothing being broadcast, luckily for us we live in florida and knew the names of towns to head for and eventually we saw a DCL bus full of people and followed it to the port. Call 511 before you start for the port and that should get you some current information and allow extra time to get there.

Again, I'm sorry to but in on your thread, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew about these closures so they could plan other routes and NOT miss the ship!!

I wish all of you a Magical cruise!!

mom x4,grandma x4

P.S. if any of you go to the late night dessert buffet, would you look and see if there are any sugar free desserts and let me know?? DH is diabetic and always misses out on this event and someone said they now have sugar free too, but i would love confirmation on this. Thanks!

jedijill
05-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the info. I think there are some folks driving so I hope they will look at your message. Some of us are taking the DCL busses so hopefully they know their way around.

If I make it to the midnight dessert buffet I will try and check for the SF desserts and report back.

Thanks again!!

Jill in KC
4 days and 18 hours until I leave for the airport.

919Florida
05-08-2006, 10:37 AM
I will be sailing on the 4 Night Wonder departing May 14. :cool1:

I didn't know their was a midnight dessert buffet. I thought it was only on the Magic. Thinks for the tip. :)

sdptalk
05-12-2006, 08:10 AM
It's almost here people :cool1:

We leave Indy @ 7:30 a.m. tomorrow for a one night stay at Ron Jon's then off to the ship. WooHoo :cheer2:

Everyone have a safe trip!

Sandy P.

YFamily
05-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Be sure to look for our signs! There are Monkey Grass Girls on almost every floor and we will have our signs up.

BON VOYAGE!

debloco
05-13-2006, 04:08 PM
We'll be on this cruise tomorrow!
I booked it very last minute on Thursday morning :eek:
It was a surprise for my mom for Mother's day and her 60th birthday :teeth:

I flew to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday (mom lives in Deerfield Beach) and we are driving up tomorrow!

All of you are probably already in route or in WDW, but I thought I'd try posting!

Are you all doing any kind of DISmeet?

jedijill
05-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Hi and Welcome! A couple of us just arrived on Orlando today. We are going to try to meet on Deck 10 just before the sailaway party.

Welcome from the Monkey Grass Girls!

Jill in KC :sail:

agraygirl
05-13-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm leaving at 5:30 in the morning for Orlando!! See you there! I'll be on deck 9 with Jill and YFam and the rest of the MGGers for the sail away party.

Black shirt, blue tank top, pigtails. We'll plan more meets during the cruise maybe?

Im all packed! It's a miricle. :Pinkbounc Now I have to get to sleep tonight...I'm toooo excited!!!!