PDA

View Full Version : celebrating 20th anniv

bandedshopgirl
01-04-2006, 09:00 PM
dh and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniv with a land/sea package and are bringing our ds 15yrs and dd 10yrs old. We will stay at Polynesian for 5 nts and board the ship Thurs thru Sun. Any tips on celebrating this while on board the ship?
Thanks

WDWLVR
01-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the DIS and the cruise forums. I think a cruise is a great way to celebrate an anniversary.

Be sure DCL and your servers know you are celebrating an anniversary and they will bring you a special cake one night after dinner.

As for special things you can do. You could book a couples massage in the spa. You could also book Palo dinner one night just for you and your DH (Palo is adults only - no kids).

Be sure and pose for a couple of formal pictures as well. Both with family and with just the two of you. The photographers do a great job. They have both formal portraits and what they call lifestyle portraits (these are in front of a large while screen and usually have the family or couple sitting on the floor without shoes). Whichever works best for your family and that you would like to have as a keepsake.

Congratulations and enjoy!

JanDave
01-05-2006, 06:31 AM
Congratulations on your 20th anniversary. My DH and I celebrated our 20th on a September 2004 Magic cruise. In addition to a special dinner at Palo, I surprised my DH with a gift. Before our Palo dinner, he admired a watch in Treasure Ketch, one of 2 gift shops onboard. The CMs suggested that they would wrap it and take it to Palo so that he could receive it then. Our server, Anne Marie, delivered it to him just before dessert. It was a fun time for us. If you have a gift for your DH that you bring on the ship, talk to the Palo stafff and they can make a special presentation.

Enjoy!

Jan

TiggerKing
01-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Depending on financial abilities, you might also want to consider renewing your vows onboard. I am planning this for DW and I on our 10th anniversary cruise (still a few years away).

bandedshopgirl
01-05-2006, 11:49 AM
what price range is to to renew your vows? (if you don't mind me asking)

Briege
01-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Friends of mine just renewed their vows on the Wonder in November...20 years for them too. I believe it was approximately $1,000. I will try and find a link to some postings I have made on the Vow Renewal/Weddings. Hope it helps. It truely was wonderful.

Briege

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=988312