PDA

View Full Version : Wonder May 28, 2006

Petenboo04
01-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi everyone! Not sure what happened to our original post, must have been away too long. Hope to hear from all who will be on this cruise. My DD 18, will be 19 by that time and I are very excited and can't wait. Will be with two newbies to cruising. Hope to chat with all soon.
Laurel

Cinderelli
01-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Great to see someone else sailing on this date. We've been booked since last April. I get on these boards frequently, but have never seen any posts for this date. We've never cruised before, so we are newbies, too. We actually just got our package from DCL today, stating the amount due by 3/15 and listing the excursions, etc. I was so excited, I had to get on the DisBoards and low and behold, saww this post.

I would love to see a link to the previous thread. Or, we can start a new one.

It will be myself (40 something), DH (40 something), DD12, DS10 and DD9. We are really looking forward to it, and hopefully can meet up with some other Disers onboard.

Laurel - I see you are from Fl, too. How cool.

Thanks for the post!

Lissa

Petenboo04
01-06-2006, 02:29 PM
I had originally started a link a few months ago, but it has been awhile with the holidays since me or the two other disers have been on it, so it might have been removed. Hope they find this new one. It would be great if we could all meet up on the cruise. This will be our third Wonder cruise and my friend, she is 40 something and her DD15, first. Hope we can keep this going until our wonderful cruise.

We are from Fort Myers. Where are you located?

mikerry
01-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi! I'm so glad you started a new thread. I even emailed the web folks to ask where we went!

My DH (40 something), myself (40 something) and DD 10 and DD 8 will be cruisin' with you folks on May 29th.
Hope we can get together to meet!

Kerry

Cinderelli
01-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Laurel - We're from Tampa. Ft Myers is lovely. My in-laws used to vacation down there. Very pretty area. Hopefully we can meet up while on the cruise. It will be so much fun with all of the new cruisers (your friend & daughter are new, right?).

Kerry - you have dd's around my youngest age. She just turned 9 on Christmas Eve. My oldest dd will be 12 in just a few weeks, so she's not much older. Looking forward to meeting everyone. It's our first cruise. The kids are sooooooooooooo excited. They are really looking forward to trying the Kid's Clubs. I hope they enjoy the activities.

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone as our countdown gets closer and closer.

Lissa

Petenboo04
01-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Hey Kerry, glad you found the new thread. Hope all is well with you and your family. Hope your holidays were great.

Hopefully more people will find us and we can get a meet going for the cruise. If not, hope to meet up with you and Lissa.

My friend Mary and her daughter Morgan are new to cruising and getting very excited, as are all of us. Can't believe it is right around the corner.

Hope this thread stays active til then. Talk to both of you soon.
Laurel

mikerry
01-11-2006, 07:48 PM
HI Lauren & Lissa,
It sounds like we are all in the same "boat" (pun intended) - all about "40 something" and lots of kids in the tween age group and up to teen. I look forward to trying to keep our thread alive! :cool1:

Kerry

Petenboo04
01-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Hey Kerry! I am so very excited about the cruise. Just went back to weight watchers today to try and lose about 35 pounds before May 28. I will be 39 on January 18 and since separating with my husband last week need something to keep me focused. Talk to you soon.

Cinderelli
01-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Laurel - I hear you on the weight thing. I want to loose about 15 pounds before the cruise. I'm sure it will come back on in the 4 days we're on the boat, tee hee! It's those last 10-15 that are the toughest. I just can't seem to get rid of them. Good Luck to you. Best wishes on hanging tough on the separation thing, too. I haven't been thru it, but I'm sure it's VERY rough. Keep focused. Maybe the cruise is just what you need :sunny: .

A Very Happy Birthday to you :wizard: .

Looking forward to keeping the thread alive!

Lissa

wannabecruiser
01-17-2006, 06:11 AM
We will be cruisin too!!! Me 40ish, DS 12 Sis-in-law 40ish niece 24!!! I see a lot of kids the same age as my son, I am so glad to finally see other people have posted for this date!!! I can not wait, We all are first time cruisers. I have been reading these boards for a year now to get ready for the cruise!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

One more thing.............. :cool1:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:
Denver bound!

Petenboo04
01-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks Lissa. The cruise is definitely one thing that is keeping me focused. The separation is rough, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I am enjoying my newfound independence :sunny: Good Luck to you on the weight thing! Those last 10-15 are a killer :goodvibes Thanks for the B-Day wish. Turning 39 is not making me very happy :eek:

We will be heading to Cape Canaveral the Friday before the cruise. Is anyone else heading up early?

Welcome Wannabecruiser :banana: I have done the same thing with the boards. It is definitely very helpful with all the planning. Hope we can all meet up on the cruise or maybe on Saturday if others go up early.

mikerry
01-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi Everyone!
We are doing the Land/Sea package so we will be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge until Sunday morning. Then I guess we get to ride the Disney bus to the Port. :scared1:

I'm glad there are so many kids in the same age group among us! :goodvibes Our girls are getting excited (already) and always asking to see our ticker and how much longer we have to wait!

Best to you, Laurel during this time. It's tough but can be the best thing you ever did (was for me 15 years ago!). Take care and sorry about the typo I did on your name in a previous post. (I've got a girlfriend named Lauren so must have been doing "auto-type". :confused3 )
Kerry

Cinderelli
01-18-2006, 06:04 PM
wannabecruiser - we are HUGE Steelers fans! My DH is originally from Rochester, which is north of Pittsburgh. We all about had a heart attack and 1/2 on Sunday. Can't wait til this week. GO STEELERS! Glad to hear you are cruising with us. My son will be almost 11 when we go. Hope we can meet up with everyone.

Lissa

Petenboo04
01-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy week and give our thread a bump back to page 1 :tigger: Hope to hear from all of you :wave2:

wannabecruiser
01-25-2006, 07:54 AM
wannabecruiser - we are HUGE Steelers fans! My DH is originally from Rochester, which is north of Pittsburgh. We all about had a heart attack and 1/2 on Sunday. Can't wait til this week. GO STEELERS! Glad to hear you are cruising with us. My son will be almost 11 when we go. Hope we can meet up with everyone.

Lissa

Glad to see other Steelers fans will be cruisin too!!! Hopefully our sons will bump into each other and become friends!!!
Oh Yeah one more thing.....................
I GOTTA FEELING PITTSBURGH GOIN TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

Cinderelli
01-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Wannebecruiser,

We couldn't resist. We're heading over to the DIS (staying off-site) this weekend. My DH was ready to book tickets to Detroit, but I convinced him that watching the game at the Happiest Place on Earth would be just as good (and a whole lot cheaper). We're taking family from PA with us, so it will be a reunion/Super Bowl Party. Go Steelers!!!!!

Lissa

Petenboo04
02-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Hope you have a great weekend Lissa!! :sunny: Wish I was going to Orlando this weekend. It seems every time I am there I just feel so much better.

I can't believe our cruise is in less than five months :yay: I wasn't very good my first two weeks of dieting, with my birthday and us being in Orlando, but have lost three pounds this past week :woohoo: , 47 more to go :rolleyes2

Hope everyone has a great weekend and hope to hear from all of you :wizard:

Petenboo04
02-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Just wanted to congratulate all of you Steeler fans :woohoo: Hope everyone had a great weekend :sunny: Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Would like to know if everyone would like to arrange a meet sometime on the cruise?

wannabecruiser
02-08-2006, 07:41 AM
What a weekend, now since our Steelers won the Big One.....I am all ready to cruise!!! I think everyone may recongize me I will be the one taking pictures of me and my terrible towel all over the place!!!! The same towel I have had for about 20 years now!!! But I am also thinking I may just leave it at home where it has always been and get the newest one to take on the cruise...........the won that says SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!

I am so excited for this cruise it has been a long time planning, and now it will be here quicker than we all realize.

Petenboo04
02-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I am very excited and just wanted to share, had my second weigh in at Weight Watchers and have lost another 3.2 pounds, only 44 more to go before the cruise :thumbsup2 Not sure if it will happen but am staying optimistic :teeth: Maybe I'll be lucky and will have some fairy dust behind me :wizard:

Hope all is well with everyone :wave2: Hope to hear :listen: more from everyone!!

Laurel

Cinderelli
02-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Laurel - Congratulations on the wl. That's fantastic. I'm hoping to really get motivated now that the SuperBowl is over. I just couldn't give up all that tasty food during the football games, tee hee! I've got a goal to start exercising on 2/15. I have to get thru Valentines Day w/my kiddos first. We're filling out valentines tonight (w/candy in them, of course) and I'll be baking a surprise for them this weekend. I definately would love to loose that 10 lbs before the cruise. Keep up the good work.

We had fun last weekend celebrating the SB at Disney. We spent most of the afternoon hanging out at the Boardwalk before heading back to our condo for the game. We went to Beaches & Cream and ordered a Kitchen Sink as a pre-game celebration. It was awesome. ESPN Club had an announcer outside, a huge JumboTron TV, music going, street entertainers, etc. It was alot of fun and definately got us pumped up for the game.

Looking forward to the cruise now. I'd love to meet up with some other Dis'ers on the Cruise. Maybe we can schedule a meet. That would be pretty cool.

Chat w/ya'll later,
Lissa

wannabecruiser
02-11-2006, 08:46 AM
just giving this a bump up................. any one new want to join in :cool1:

Petenboo04
02-13-2006, 09:59 AM
:woohoo: 103 Days Left To Go :woohoo:

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Freezing here in Florida :cold: Am definitely missing the sunshine :sunny: Can't wait for the warmth of the Bahamas :banana:

Hope to hear from everyone real some and hopefully some new Disers will join in too!!

mikerry
02-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

We're still here - just biding our time (3 months, and 1 week!) until our trip!

Glad to hear you're all doing well and congrats on the WL , too! :cool1:

My brother and his family just informed us that they want to go on our next Disney cruise with us! :banana: My SIL is in a Master's program, so I couldn't get them to go this time - but they've asked us to "test the waters" and we'll all go together the next time. How fun to travel with another part of our family! :hug:

Take care!
Kerry

wannabecruiser
02-19-2006, 06:27 AM
we are under the 100 day mark......97 and counting!!!! :Pinkbounc :woohoo:
I can't wait since right now the tem is a frigid 1 degree!!!!! and wind chills today are supposed to go to around 20 below!!!!! :rolleyes: I guess I will just have to keep looking at everyones nice pictures that I see on the boards and keep thinking about our cruise!!!!
have a great day and stay warm!!!

Petenboo04
02-21-2006, 04:28 PM
:woohoo: Less than 100 days, I am so excited :tongue: I can't believe how quickly the time is moving!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! I was in Atlanta, freezing :cold: for my DD's cheerleading competition. Looking forward to being home this weekend and doing nothing.

Petenboo04
02-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Just can't believe that we will all be on the Wonder in 89 days :cheer2: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Hope everyone is doing great and hope to hear from all of you real soon!!

Good4chunns
03-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Please help, We booked our cruise thru a travel agent. We are doing the 4 day land 3 day sea cruise. We are scheduled to leave Texas on the 28th to travel to Port Orleans Riverside where we'll stay for 4 days. Then DCL will transport us on thrusday June 1st to our ship? Is this correct? And is this thread the cruise my family will be on or should I look for another. Just a little confused.

wannabecruiser
03-06-2006, 06:31 AM
I think you may want to see if someone has started a thread for a 3 day on June 1 2006. Us on this thread will be getting of on June 1st. Good Luck and have a good time.

Petenboo04
03-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Hey Everyone, just wanted to say Hi and hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe it is March already and that we will be on the ship in 82 days :yay:

Hope to hear from you all and catch up on how everyone is doing.

wannabecruiser
03-08-2006, 05:46 AM
80 and counting!!! yoo-hoo

mikerry
03-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone!
Well, I just made the final payment on the cruise. :cool1:
Guess we can start making our excursion reservations, etc. on Saturday, March 11th. Now I have to put all the great ideas from this board on to a list and get things organized!

Take care and meet you soon!

Kerry :wave2:

cwallace
03-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey all, just wanted to let you night my wife and I will be celebrating our honeymoon on the May 28th cruise! We are getting married May 20th, and we be driving up to Orlando the 27th to stay close to port so we can set sail on the 28th! Following the cruise we will be staying a Port Orleans Riverside for a couple days to finish up our honeymoon and enjoy the parks. We both love Disney and are very excited about this being our first Disney Cruise! We are are current passholders and must of vistited Disney 14 or 16 times last year! If you have any comments or advice (this being our first Disney Cruise and our honeymoon) please let me know!

wannabecruiser
03-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Congratulations!!!! :love: Glad to have you onboard!!

wannabecruiser
03-14-2006, 05:41 AM
hey we are at he 75 day mark............ :cheer2:
Time is going so fast, it almost seems like I just booked it over 1 year ago!!!

mbogoje
03-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Hello all, my family and I will be cruising with our neighbor and his daughter on the May 28th cruise. This will be everyone's first cruise. My family includes my DW, DS 13 and DD 6. My neighbor's DD will be just shy of her 13th b-day and is hoping to attend the Teen Club with my DS. I am a little worried about my DD because she is so shy and is apprehensive about approaching unfamiliar kids to play. I'm hoping I might be able to help her make a few friends (5-7 yo club) here on the DISboards before the cruise. She has seen the DCL DVD and I've been trying to get her excited about the Oceaneer Club, but right now she says she wants to stay with mom and dad instead of going to the club. At least we have two months to change her mind. I can't believe we are just a little more than two months from the cruise, since we booked in Nov 2004. We were able to get one of the secret porthole rooms thanks to the DISboards. My neighbor was also able to book a SPH room.

We will be flying in from Phoenix and spending three days at Universal Studios prior to the cruise and then finishing up with 10 days at WDW after the cruise.

wannabecruiser
03-22-2006, 06:03 AM
Hello all, my family and I will be cruising with our neighbor and his daughter on the May 28th cruise. This will be everyone's first cruise. My family includes my DW, DS 13 and DD 6. My neighbor's DD will be just shy of her 13th b-day and is hoping to attend the Teen Club with my DS. I am a little worried about my DD because she is so shy and is apprehensive about approaching unfamiliar kids to play. I'm hoping I might be able to help her make a few friends (5-7 yo club) here on the DISboards before the cruise. She has seen the DCL DVD and I've been trying to get her excited about the Oceaneer Club, but right now she says she wants to stay with mom and dad instead of going to the club. At least we have two months to change her mind. I can't believe we are just a little more than two months from the cruise, since we booked in Nov 2004. We were able to get one of the secret porthole rooms thanks to the DISboards. My neighbor was also able to book a SPH room.

We will be flying in from Phoenix and spending three days at Universal Studios prior to the cruise and then finishing up with 10 days at WDW after the cruise.

Welcome aboard!!!! :wave2:
This is also our first cruise, Me, (Mom) DS 12 Sis-in-law and 2 nieces 22 and 24. we are super excited. As I tell everybody soon I will be dancing onboard with Mickey!!! :banana:

K.C. Sparrow
03-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Hey out there, I see there's a few people on the same cruise as me after all! My mom and I will be sailing on the 28th cruise as well, and I'm dying to get out of school and on the boat. I'm 16, and I've been on a number of cruises before this one, most with Disney. We both had tons of fun on the last one we went on, so here's to hoping that everybody enjoys themselves this time too!

P.S. If you check out the avatar, that's actually me on the cruise LAST year, in a Cap'n Sparrow get-up for Pirate Night. I'll be wearing something similar for the night this year, so long as they have it and I can gather together the costume stuff. PotC fan: confirmed!

mbogoje
03-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Just giving us a bump.

Cinderelli
04-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Sorry, I've been out of the loop. Glad to see other cruisers signing on. I can't believe we're under 60 days. I haven't had much time to get on the boards lately, but I'm starting to get really excited. My DH and kids think I'm nuts to be planning even this far out, but I know how the time sneaks up. I hope we can all meet up onboard. It's me (40 something), DH (40 something), DD 12, DS 11 (almost 12 at cruise time), and DD9. We're huge Steelers fans (hi WannabeCruiser), my girls cheer and play softball, and my son plays baseball (and would love to play football - but he's small for his age and mama won't let him, boo hoo!). Hopefully, we'll all have alot in common.

Keep the threads comin,

Lissa

wannabecruiser
04-03-2006, 07:21 AM
It's getting closer.............as my favorite commericial says...............
We're too excited to sleep!!! :bounce:

K.C. Sparrow
04-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Just giving this a bump...

So, anyone else out there planning on doing anything in the way of excursions, shows, etc? A few things that stand out from the last time we went:

1) When you go to Triton's, or indeed ANY of the restaraunts, don't be afraid to give new or interesting-sounding foods a try! Some people stick out their toungues at the idea of eating escargot or the other more exotic-sounding foods, but give it a taste anyways. If you don't like it, order something else; It won't cost anything extra, and you're bound to find something you like eventually! ;)

2) for all the parents with kids, be sure to bring them to Hercules: A Muse-ical. It's a show that everyone will love, whether you're 7 or 75. Lots of jokes, very funny!

3) Bring duct tape. I know this sounds silly, but depending on what the weather's like, you may be thankful you remembered it! If the seas get too rocky, sometimes the doors to the closet will start opening and closing themselves. It's all well fine and good if you're out of the room at the time, but the last thing you want is to have a sliding closet door slamming in your room at 2:00 in the morning. That's what happened to my mom, scared the living bejeebers out of her! :rotfl:

4) Castaway Cay is without a doubt one of the best stops on the cruise. The different beaches for adults, teens, and family can either let you go snorkling as a group or catch some rays while the kiddos do one of the excursions.

Yeah, I'm no expert, but if you've got questions I'll be glad to help out. Smooth sailing! pirate:

Cinderelli
04-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks, K. C. - I'll add duct tape to my packing list. Love your picture.

Lissa

mikerry
04-09-2006, 05:14 PM
"We're TOO excited to sleep" for the next 6 weeks! Wow :Pinkbounc has this snuck up on us. I'm starting a list (the first of about 47 :banana: ) to try to remember everything I've learned here.

It's great to see that so many of the DISers scheduled for our cruise dates have kids around the same age as our girls.

WoooHooo......(sorry, can't sleep....) :bounce:

mbogoje
04-12-2006, 11:45 PM
Just giving us another bump...

My wife and I have booked Palo for brunch at 11am (Day 4). I have not booked any excursions as I'm still undecided. The only excursion I have been considering in Nassau is the Sting Ray excursion. I have also been considering staying on ship for most of that day, and not doing any excursions, except for a quick tour of the area around that port and maybe the Pirate Museum. What is everybody else planning to do in Nassau? I'm also leaning towards not doing an excursion on Castaway Cay. I was thinking we would just have a nice relaxing day. I might sign up my DS 13 for an excursion with the teen group.

K.C. - Have you attended the Teen Club or any teens-only excursions on your previous Disney cruises? If so, do you have any comments or suggestions? My DS 13 will most likely be attending the Teen Club and I thought he may be interested in the teen-only excursion.

wannabecruiser - I have noticed your signature and wanted to congratulate you on the Steelers winning the Super Bowl. I've had to bite my lip for awhile on this thread, as I grew up near Cleveland and have been an avid Browns fan. I'm sure you are aware, our biggest rival has always been the Steelers. I left Ohio in 1994 for the southwest and I guess I don't feel the same intensity for the rivalry. It didn't help the Browns left Cleveland for a few years. Also, my sister's fiance is from Pittsburgh (they live near Cleveland now) and she gathered with his entire family to cheer for the Steelers in the Super Bowl. At least they had an Ohio-native quarterbacking the team.

TowJumper
04-13-2006, 07:28 AM
We will also be sailing May 28th - June 1st on the Wonder. It will be my wife and me's first cruise since our respective High School graduation cruises in 87 and 86.

We will have our daughter 8 and son 5 (turns 6 on May 31st) with us as well as all four grandparents.

To say we are looking forward to the trip is an understatement. :)

Regards to all.

Miguel/Suzy/Anna/Michael

Macon, Georgia

K.C. Sparrow
04-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Have you attended the Teen Club or any teens-only excursions on your previous Disney cruises? If so, do you have any comments or suggestions? My DS 13 will most likely be attending the Teen Club and I thought he may be interested in the teen-only excursion.

Very, very yes indeed. On just about every cruise I've been on, I've been out almost 75% of the time doing either the Oceaneers Club (wow that was a long time ago now) or much more often the Teen Club. No matter what he's into, there's going to be something for him to do most all of the time. They'll have movies playing (though what you end up watching is a bit of a luck of the draw kind of deal), they've got PS2s up there, a nice variety of music to listen to, REALLY COMFY beanbag chairs unless they've changed things since last time, and the different activities around the boat are great. There's a game going on the entire cruise called Gotcha, that's pretty fun. I'd definately do the whole Kareoke routine, the on-deck party... there's more stuff to do up there than you can shake a stick at!

As for excursions, one of the ones I'd definately recommend is the Wildside excursion. It's a mix of kayaking, biking, and... er... some other travel-oriented activity. Jogging, maybe? I can't remember off the top of my head. =/ That's always fun though, because it ends near the Teen Beach where we have a boat-building contest with some spare materials, or go play Nerf Football, that sort of thing. I don't tend to go on a lot of excursions, mostly because Nasau's not my cup of tea. It's a great place to go shopping (as my mom will attest to), but I'm hazy on any teens-only trips for that port of call.

My best advice for your DS is to remember: this is a 4-day cruise. Odds are, once you're off the boat you won't see anyone from it again. That means that you can really cut loose, have a good time, and be yourself while you're on the ship. One of the only warnings, though: the Teens Club doesn't close until something like 12 or 1 o' clock at night, so you might be in for a late breakfast the next morning! :woohoo:

Hope I told you what you're looking for; if not, lemme know and I'll try to be more specific.

wannabecruiser
04-18-2006, 06:17 AM
under 40 days :cool1: now!!!!

:banana: :jumping1:

4Cones
04-19-2006, 10:11 AM
We will taking our first cruise of any type on the May 28 Wonder I am 29, DW 28, DS 7, DS 2, looking for anyone with similar age children, this board has been great for the info so far, look forward to hearing from anyone interested in visiting

mbogoje
04-21-2006, 10:49 PM
K.C. Sparrow - Thank you for the information about the teen club and CC excursion. My DS13 (Rudy) read your post and is very excited. I have a feeling we will not see much of him on the cruise, unless we specifically set aside some time when he needs to be with his family - for dinners, shows, early breakfasts :) , etc. He is very sociable and I'll think he'll have a great time and make many friends.

I'm worried about my DD6 (Gabriela) who is very shy and reluctant to approach unfamiliar children (so much unlike her brother). She has made it very clear she does not want to go to the kid's club. I still have 30+ days to convince her otherwise. When I booked the cruise, I envisioned her spending a lot of time in the kid's club, and enjoying all of the activities and interaction with the other children. I guess we'll see. Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions on how I might open her up on the cruise?

mbogoje
04-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Just giving us another bump. Can't believe we are getting this close.

Cinderelli
04-30-2006, 05:15 PM
OK - 28 days and counting......bump, bump, bump! We still haven't signed up for any excursions and at this point, I'm not sure we will. My youngest DD made her softball All Star Team, so just when we thought the season was over.............they are practicing 5 times a week, we have softball end of season parties, games, school, work, graduations. YIKES! We're so busy with just EVERYTHING, that I think we'll just stay on the boat (except for CC) and relax and enjoy the activities on-board. I hope we don't change our minds once we get aboard. At this point, I hope we even get packed, ha!

The only think I'm thinking of doing is Palo. Any of you others going to try Palo? I can't decide which night to do it, if we should do it, yada yada yada. I don't want to miss any of the restaurants. What are the rest of you doing?

See everyone in 28 days!!!!

Lissa

K.C. Sparrow
05-01-2006, 08:44 PM
The only think I'm thinking of doing is Palo. Any of you others going to try Palo? I can't decide which night to do it, if we should do it, yada yada yada. I don't want to miss any of the restaurants. What are the rest of you doing?

Lissa

So far as I know, my mom's going to Palo's. It's a semi-regular thing for her, but it also depends on how many Disney Dollars she manages to rack up between cruises. As for which dinner to miss (if you want to miss one), it depends on what sort of atmosphere you like. Parrot Cay's very relaxed and informal, they do a conga line at one point which is waaaay fun but other than that there's not much going on there. Triton's is the exact opposite, very classy and sophisticated. It's also probably the most like Palo's atmosphere (from what I can tell, never get to go myself... X-p). Animator's Palette is probably the most interesting, but again that's a personal preference. If you can hear the music in AP, they actually change the lighting and coloring of pictures to fit the tunes. Waiters come out on musical cues and pictures come to life, and since animation is one of those things that look really cool it's one of my favorite places to eat. Music's a bit soft though, so perk up your ears if you decide to eat there!

Congrats to you and your DD, Cinderelli, from what I understand making the All Star Team's no small feat! I know that feeling of wanting to just chill on the boat; depending on the timing, I might be in a fishing tournament with my dad the day before we cruise. I'd be so beat after that! Anyways, good luck on the busy workload, and just keep counting down to the 28th!

mikerry
05-02-2006, 06:54 PM
My DH and I signed up for the Palo brunch on the sea day. I've heard if you've got to pick dinner or brunch, pick brunch so that's what we did. Since this is our first cruise, I wanted to be able to experience all of the restaurants in our regular rotation and just take time for us for brunch. (Besides....I LOVE breakfast/brunch so this worked!) :thumbsup2

Our girls are asking to see the ticker on a daily basis and we all getting so excited. They are having trouble sleeping lately and I can't help but think of that cute Disney commercial with the little boy "too excited to sleep". Think Mike and I will be joining them in this syndrome soon! :cloud9:

Looking forward to meeting everyone. How is that done? Is there some sort of "May 28" DISers meet up planned or do we just run into one another? :confused3

Cleocruiser
05-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Hi everyone,
We will be sailing with you on May 28th. It will be DH and myself as well as our DD12 and DS9. It will be our 4th cruise and we kind of booked this one last minute. We live in Fl, so its not far to drive.
:cool1:

wannabecruiser
05-10-2006, 06:59 AM
Hi everyone,
We will be sailing with you on May 28th. It will be DH and myself as well as our DD12 and DS9. It will be our 4th cruise and we kind of booked this one last minute. We live in Fl, so its not far to drive.
:cool1:

Welcome!!!! Only 18 more days to go!!!! :banana: I have a DS12 we all can't wait!!! :Pinkbounc :woohoo: See ya soon!!! :wave:

wannabecruiser
05-10-2006, 07:05 AM
OK - 28 days and counting......bump, bump, bump! We still haven't signed up for any excursions and at this point, I'm not sure we will. My youngest DD made her softball All Star Team, so just when we thought the season was over.............they are practicing 5 times a week, we have softball end of season parties, games, school, work, graduations. YIKES! We're so busy with just EVERYTHING, that I think we'll just stay on the boat (except for CC) and relax and enjoy the activities on-board. I hope we don't change our minds once we get aboard. At this point, I hope we even get packed, ha!

Lissa
Hi Lissa,

The only thing me and DS12 signed up for is the Stingray excursion on CC. I think it will be fun. I just got finished filling out all the online forms, and my travel agent just called and said all of our documents are in!!! I will be picking them up after work today!!! Oh my 18 more to go, I got our suitcases out and I am trying to figure out what all to bring, do I have to go shopping some more? I am making lists of things not to forget etc. etc. etc. I am too excited to sleep!!!! :Pinkbounc

See ya all real soon,
Kelly

FlaHomeBldr
05-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Cinderelli are you in Tampa I think our daughters are playing at the same park Town and Country we are also on the May 28th Wonder cruise.

Cinderelli
05-11-2006, 05:42 PM
FlaHomeBldr - Holy Cow! We play for Lutz. My daughter is a Pixie (9 but playing as an 8). How old is your daughter? We have our first game at 6:00 tomorrow night in Brandon. We will be there at the same time as you, and may end up playing you - who knows?

It would be great to meet you. How old is your daughter? I have one 9 and one 12 (too young to make AS in her division), plus my DS10.

CleoCruiser - I have a 12 yo dd, too and a DS10 (almost 11), plus my DD9. I hope to be able to meet some of you on the ship. I'll have to take a list of names with me.

K.C.Sparrow - thanks for the wonderful info. Do you have any idea how we can tell in advance what our dining rotation will be. We received our docs on Monday (YIPPEE!). I don't really want to miss any of the normal restaurants and I know that if we have AP two nights - they don't do the lights on the 2nd nite? I would hate to make Palo ressies for the 1st AP night and end up missing the "show". How can we know what night to make the ressies for?

Wannabecruiser - we are so lame. We still haven't signed up for any excursions. That stingray thing sounds neat. I hope after this weekend (All Star Tournament, then Mother's Day) that I can really check into some stuff and still make ressies. My luck - they'll be booked.

Our neighbors just booked the same cruise. They have a DD5 and DS4. They are such nice people. How amazing that they would decide at the last minute to do a cruise and end up on the same one as us. We are really excited and I do hope to meet some of you on the ship.

Hello to everyone I missed! Have a great cruise!

Lissa

FlaHomeBldr
05-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Lissa I will be out at the game tommorow my daughter is not playing but her team was first place so her coaches are coaching the team our game is at 7:00 and we are suppose to be playing one of the teams that wins the 6:00 game. My DD is 8 it was her first year playing she did real well, she got trophy for most improved player and she is real excited for next year. If you see me come say hello and I'll introduce our daughters. You can't miss me I'm the big guy early 40's with a big red folding chair. My name is Jeff. Good Luck Tommorow.

Cinderelli
05-12-2006, 05:11 AM
FlaHomeBldr - how cool. It was my dd's first year playing, too. How cool that they both got on 1st place teams. We'll look for you tonight. My DH is Jeff, too. It'll be easy to remember your name. We'll be there with my DH's father. We'll be easy to spot, too. He's 73 and will have his folding chair w/him. We're both early 40's and my DH is almost totally gray now (more silver).

Hope to see you. Good Luck to your team's too.

Lissa

TowJumper
05-12-2006, 07:27 AM
FlaHomeBldr and Cinderelli:

My DD8 is also a Softball player (here in GA) - they will prob hit it off well on the cruise. In fact, my niece (15) is now going to be on the cruise, she is an amazing fast ball pitcher - travels all over the country playing for an Atlanta team and hopes to play Div 1 someday.

My parents live in Tampa, off race track road; seems like a nice town.

Good Luck to both of you, our tournament starts this weekend.

FlaHomeBldr
05-12-2006, 07:40 AM
Were going to have to start a new thread for the softballers on DCL May 28th too funny. Good to hear from you Towjumper we live real close to Race Track road it ia nice area. Good Luck and Hope to see all on the cruise.

WDWLVR
05-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry to interrupt your thread. Will any of you be staying by the port Saturday night and planning on going to either Grills or Jetty Park to watch the Magic leave? We are on the May 27th sailing and I need some help getting a certain picture if I can. If you can help please drop me a pm.

Thanks and enjoy your cruise!

FlaHomeBldr
05-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Cinderelli you guys wooped us good in the Tournament yesterday. I wont hold it against you your team played great. I tryed to spot you guys but that park was crowded. Hope to see you on the trip. Good Luck.

K.C. Sparrow
05-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the wonderful info. Do you have any idea how we can tell in advance what our dining rotation will be. We received our docs on Monday (YIPPEE!). I don't really want to miss any of the normal restaurants and I know that if we have AP two nights - they don't do the lights on the 2nd nite? I would hate to make Palo ressies for the 1st AP night and end up missing the "show". How can we know what night to make the ressies for?

Ah, sorry but I don't rightly know what the rotation's going to be like. What you can try, though, is to do a thread search for the board and see if you can find a topic for it. 'Tis a fairly common question, or so I understand. My mom suggested that one; she's made a few comments too, so here they are:

-We generally wind up going to Triton's first, apparently it's based on the kids' ages or something. I guess me being older makes Triton's more appropriate or something? I'm not sure.

-If you have the earlier dining time, you could grab a light meal and then schedule Palo's later in the night, after a show or something. Alternately, if you can stand not seeing one of the shows and you have the later dinner, you could just go strait from light dinner to Palo's.

-If you have AP twice (you start and end with the same restaraunt on a four day cruise, typically), catch the first one. The second time around apparently doesn't do the show; kinda disappointing, because I love things like that.

Hope that helped!

wannabecruiser
05-17-2006, 06:03 AM
just giving a bump :cool1:

Just waiting to see if anyone else is signing on!!!!
Can you all believe how close we are getting!!!!

mikerry
05-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Can't Wait! Are we, as DISers, going to attempt to meet up in some fashion? How is this done? Anyone?..... :confused3

Cinderelli
05-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Mikerryy - I would love to meet some of you, too. I just don't know how to go about it. I'd hate to schedule a meet/time/place and have it be during the life boat drill, or the sail away party, etc. I do think it would be great to meet all of you. Any of you have any ideas? When would be a good time? I just hate to commit and then not be able to show up because our luggage just showed up or it was in the middle of a party? There are too many of us not to make a try at this tho. Any suggestions from anyone?

FlHomeBldr - We looked for you Friday night. Our Pixie's lost Friday night so we headed back to the BACK field for the Pigtail game (our dd12 is a Pigtail, but not on AS team) to watch some of her friends play (they got pummeled). After that game was done, your game was done, too, and I didn't see a RED chair, ha! I do hope we can meet up onboard. I'm sure our daughters would have alot in common.

Lissa

wannabecruiser
05-21-2006, 11:32 AM
:goodvibes Hopefully in 7 short days at this time we will be onboard the wonder :banana: :sunny: :Pinkbounc :jumping1:

wannabecruiser
05-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Where is everybody!!! I guess they are all packing and trying to get ready!!!!
Because we are almost ready to set sail!!!!
Online docs filled out? Check
Last minute shopping done? Check
suitcases are already to load? check
carryon bag ready too? check............almost

Ok now for the real list :rotfl2:
Online docs filled out......check
last minute shopping done..............nope :sad2:
suitcases ready to load..............nope :rolleyes:
carryon bag ready................nope :lmao:

Oh well I still have 5 more days till I leave.........YIPPEE :cheer2:

4Cones
05-23-2006, 04:23 PM
The dis had been great and so glad I found, can't wait for the next few days but also afraid the time on the cruise will fly by too fast. Me, DW 29, DS 7, and DS 2, have not seen anybody around the same aged children yet but hope too now or maybe just see what happens onboard. hopefully see you all soon! David

Cleocruiser
05-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone,
Just checking in----its been very hot here lately, so bring your sunscreen. Does anyone else have early dining? We don't know where we will start, but we will go to meet our tablemates and then we have 7:00 res. for Palo the 1st night. We hope to be done in time to catch a little of the first nights show.

Cinderelli
05-26-2006, 07:01 PM
We have late seating. I just can't believe in less than 48 hours we'll be aboard the Wonder. I'm so excited. Of course, I still haven't started packing (well, unless you count the pile of stuff on the dining room table), and am heading off early in the AM to do my final shopping. We still have birthday parties to attend tomorrow, pack, etc., but we'll get there - with or without everything we need, ha!

I hope to meet some of you onboard.

Good luck and here's wishing all the 5/28/06 Wonder Cruisers a fantastic cruise.

Thanks,
Lissa

wannabecruiser
05-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Hi everyone,
Just checking in----its been very hot here lately, so bring your sunscreen. Does anyone else have early dining? We don't know where we will start, but we will go to meet our tablemates and then we have 7:00 res. for Palo the 1st night. We hope to be done in time to catch a little of the first nights show.

We have early dining!! :thumbsup2 I can't wait, I have all stuff packed(I ThInk) now I am just trying to figure out if I should run out and buy my own snorkle stuff. Can you still snorkle if you have your own stuff or do you have to rent Disneys? I won't buy top of the line , just what I can get from Wal-Mart?

Well "see"everyone tomorrow!!! :jumping1:

Cleocruiser
05-27-2006, 09:26 AM
You can use your own equipment. We got ours from Target a few years ago and still use it. We don't snorkel for the sport---just the fun and to see what we can see.