PDA

View Full Version : July 15-22 2006 Western Anyone?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

buzz2
01-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Been checking but have not seen a thread started for this cruise. There will be 11 of us. Myself, Dw, Ds-13 DD-9. And 7 Cousins.We have 4 state rooms.
Any suggestions in must do excursions? Thinking about the Sting rays in Gran Caymans and my son wants to know about the teen cruise. Has anyone done the teen cruise? and do they use Disney Councilers? Thanks

ImMarcik
01-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Hiya Buzz2, I just switched my cruise today from the July 29th to the 15th. This will be my second cruise, I did the 4 day on Thanksgiving. It will be me 35, DH 45 & DD12. Do you have any girls going about that age? My DD was in the Lab last time so I can't answer about the teen club. And, since I've never been on the Western I can't answer about the excursions either but nice to meet ya. :flower:

We are leaning towards the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel, The shipwreck Snorkel in Grand Cayman and maybe the Island tour too. In Key West we are just going to explore on our own.

buzz2
01-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Imarik, Sorry no girls all boys except my 9 year old DD. This is are 4th DCL cruise. But we have always gone off on our own, but with the extra people this time we want to do something together. So we are thinking about the Stingrays. We still have a lot of time to decide though.

ImMarcik
01-04-2006, 09:31 PM
We did the stingrays at CC and it was fun. I hear that the stingrays in Grand Cayman are even better.

buzz2
01-07-2006, 06:15 PM
ImMarcik, Looks like there is not all lot of people going, means more chocolate chip cookies, and Mickey bars for us! Will be able to go to the pool on sea days at 10am and have no problem finding chairs.This is going to be Great!

ImMarcik
01-07-2006, 09:34 PM
An empty pool on sea days will be heaven Buzz2 :flower: Actually I do know of one more family that will be on the cruise with us. I met thegales on the last cruise and we've ended up booking the same cruise again. I think I will PM him and let him know a thread has started.

So what makes you pick Disney to cruise on? I was getting my haircut today and the girl who cuts my hair cruises a lot. She said she priced DCL for springbreak but decided she could do 2 other cruises for that price and it wasn't worth it. We do actually live close to Galveston. But, I chose Disney and loved my first cruise enough to choose them again. I do have a soft spot for Mickey Bars. :rotfl: My DH and DD both have asthma and it is so nice to know that the staterooms are nonsmoking. It bothers my DH when we stay in a hotel room that the last guests smoked in. It's also nice that wavebands was nonsmoking. We had a lot of fun in there and wouldn't have been able to stay long if it was smoky. I am such a big kid too, everytime I see a character I get soooo excited. :earsboy:

thegales
01-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Found you!

We did Fury Catamaran on our last Western, and it was a lot of fun. We will probably book it again. We had booked Stingrays at Grand Cayman with Capt. Marvin, but due to Hurricanes, that port was cancelled. We will try it again, although DD's are not big on snorkeling. Our family has me, DW, DD10 (will have just turned) and DD8.

buzz2
01-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Welcome thegales! Under 6 months now. I think we are going to use Captin Marvin also for the Stingrays.

ImMarcik We have crusied on Carnival,Celebrity, and RCCL, so far the kids have loved Disney the best. They are getting older now and the prices for DCL is getting higher and higher,(so maybe a change in the future) but for now since we are DVC members we can incorporate a weeks stay at our favorite resort, Beach Club Villas in Disney after the Cruise.

ImMarcik
01-08-2006, 08:39 PM
We did the land/sea package on the november cruise. But, we had to leave early on magic kingdom day since I was having some breathing problems and then I went to a clinic. The Beach Club helped us find the clinic. We missed out on Animal Kingdom completly because of it. So, we decided to fly in a day early this time and go to Animal Kingdom the day before the cruise. We are also going to eat a dinner at Ohana that night and watch the fireworks. So, guess we wouldn't be doing that if we were cruising from Galveston, but I think eventually we will be trying a different line.

Hi thegales, glad you found us. :flower: I have a question for you. The sand bucket and stuff that you had at CC, did you bring those from home? I know Aerial sure enjoyed them. I was kind of thinking of getting a basket from Shirley with a sand bucket.

buzz2
01-08-2006, 08:52 PM
We used Shirley last cruise. Had her do a bucket for each of the kids, they were both nice and an arrangement for my DW. We always seem to go around are anniversery. This year will be are 20th. Ohannas is one of our favorite resturants. We will be going there this time along with Liberty tree and the Hoop de Doo Revue. (a little corny but the kids enjoy it and the foods not bad either).

ImMarcik
01-10-2006, 08:47 PM
In November when we went it was our 7th anniversary. :flower: I ordered a basket from Shirley for my DH and DD for a surprise. So, do you think anyone else is going to join us?

thegales
01-10-2006, 11:30 PM
I have a question for you. The sand bucket and stuff that you had at CC, did you bring those from home? I know Aerial sure enjoyed them. I was kind of thinking of getting a basket from Shirley with a sand bucket.

Those were the small sand baskets from Shirley, but they were plenty big. They have some stuff on their website, but it is all personalized when you call. Kristen only drinks lemonade and water, so that was the only drinks we put in her basket. Kathy had a bigger selection.

One recommendation I would make is to get things that you can't get on the ship (or that you would have to pay for on the ship). For example, it was just as much fun for the girls to go up to the drink station as it was to drink the items in the basket. Next time we will have more candy and less drink. Or perhaps activity books, or playing cards.

ImMarcik
01-13-2006, 11:08 PM
6 months from today I will be flying to Orlando. :banana: :banana:

buzz2
01-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Under 6 months now, but still looking for decent air fare. Wouldn't hurt to get the rental car down a little more to!

ImMarcik
01-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Yes, I've been keeping my eye on the airfare. It goes up and down like the stock market. Eventually I will buy our tickets.

Listen to this. Remember I said I moved our trip to this date because of my DHs business meeting that was going to fall during our original trip date. Well today they had their big beginning of the year meeting and they moved the summer meeting to June :rotfl2: I asked him if he wanted me to move the trip back but he said to just leave it alone. :rotfl2:

buzz2
01-18-2006, 06:57 PM
lol ImMacik, thats funny after all that changing! Well, will have a great cruise, my son just told me that pirates of the Caribean 2 will be out the week before our cruise, so will be able to see that on board the ship. Not happy about the the kids club changes the first night, my daughter already complaining, but will keep her busy.

ImMarcik
01-21-2006, 01:43 PM
My DD and my DH both are excited about Pirates coming out then. :banana:

ImMarcik
01-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Anyone else going with us??? party: :sail:

2littlestitches
01-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Just booked today for this cruise....

Myself, my husband, 2 small boys and also my parents.

First Disney cruise....first cruise ever, in fact!

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Right now I'm trying to figure out which nights are Pirate night, formal night, etc. Also the schedule of shows.

If you guys know anything, I'd love to hear any info you have!

buzz2
01-31-2006, 08:18 PM
Welcome 2littlestiches! Lets see if I remember right, Formal night is Monday, Pirates is Wednesday, and Semi Formal is Thursday night. Shows: first night is the welcome Aboard show, Sunday- is usaually an magician and or comedian, Monday -Is the Golden Mickeys (coensides with formal night.) Tuesday-Twice Charmed, Wed-This is pirate night so there could be a movie showing. (maybe Pirates of the Carabean 2 since it will be out the week before).Thursday-Disney Dreams. Friday-Remember the Magic. Any other Questions just let them fly. :)

ImMarcik
01-31-2006, 09:51 PM
Welcome 2littlestiches. This is my second cruise. I can't believe we are already down to 5 1/2 months. :Pinkbounc Just FYI, semi-formal is lobster night. I think I am going to get Palo on Monday.

2littlestitches
02-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the help and info!!!!!!

Do you guys know when we find out the dining rotation? PAL ALP etc???

I'm really excited about this cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buzz2
02-01-2006, 01:48 PM
2littlestiches, I think you won't know untill you check in and will be printed on your cards. I beleive you can request a certain rotation but as with all requests it is not guarenteed. Which seating to you have, early or late?

ImMarcik- we been kicking around Palos too. I'm not sure, we were thinking of Monday too, but kind of want to be in the dining room the first 3 nights because there is something different each night. I think now we are leaning for tuesday night. Plus Monday i think i'm going to try and book a couples massage since i'ts a see day.(for our 20th anniversary). :bounce:

ImMarcik
02-01-2006, 02:27 PM
2littlestiches, I think you won't know untill you check in and will be printed on your cards. I beleive you can request a certain rotation but as with all requests it is not guarenteed. Which seating to you have, early or late?

ImMarcik- we been kicking around Palos too. I'm not sure, we were thinking of Monday too, but kind of want to be in the dining room the first 3 nights because there is something different each night. I think now we are leaning for tuesday night. Plus Monday i think i'm going to try and book a couples massage since i'ts a see day.(for our 20th anniversary). :bounce:

Congrats on 20 years!! That will be such a nice way to spend it. I actually said the wrong day. Chalk it up to tiredness. No, I do not want to eat in Palo on Formal night, so Tuesday is when I want to go to Palo. Last time we missed the Animators Palate show because of Palo, so I don't want that to happen again. Besides, dressing up 3 times will be fun. I've been shopping for my formal. Once I finally make up my mind I will be buying something for Palo. For my semi-formal I am going to wear what I wore to Palo last time.

2littlestitches. You are going to have so much fun. :banana:

Just editing to say now I know why I was thinking Monday for Palo. That is the day I want to do my brunch. Buzz or thegales I know you've been on a 7 day. Would this be a good day?

buzz2
02-01-2006, 07:37 PM
ImMarik If I remember correctly, That was when we did the brunch last cruise. It was awesome! Really, I think the brunch is a must do! With that being said, I'm not sure if we will try for Monday or Thursday.It was easier the last couple cruises as it was just my family, but i have to see what the other 7 people want to do this time also.

2littlestitches
02-01-2006, 08:21 PM
We have the late seating.

I was browsing on the Dis boards and it seems a lot of people are recommending Palo on Tuesday night so as not to miss the first night at Animators, the pirate night or the last night.

buzz2
02-02-2006, 03:25 PM
We are going to to try to book Palo for Tuesday night, but I think everyone tries for this night, so we will wait and see. Still not sure not sure when we are going to try to book the palo brunch yet. Monday or Thursday.

buzz2
02-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Just bumping to see if anyone else will be joining us!

SKMinnie48
02-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey! Just found out my mom booked the cruise yesterday and i can hardly wait to go back! I am 15 and this will be my 7th disney cruise ( all disney and will only go on disney ,lol), we went on the wonder twice in 2005, 2 times before and 2 magic! I haven't been on the Magic since 2003 (Eastern) so i am excited to be sailing on it again! :)

ImMarcik
02-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Hi SkMinnie48! :wave2: Welcome to the thread. How many people will be going with you? Only a little over 5 months to go now. :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

SKMinnie48
02-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi! :wave2: and thanks! It's just going to be me (15) and my mom sailing! I have already started listening to my castaway club cd and some of the other songs played on the ship to get ready, hehe! :teeth:

ImMarcik
02-08-2006, 08:58 PM
That's great!! My DD is 12. This is our 2nd cruise.

SKMinnie48
02-08-2006, 09:46 PM
cool! :)

buzz2
02-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Welcome SKMinie48! This will be our 5th cuise with Dis.. My son will be 13 on the cruise and his cousin is 14, so Im sure you will see them in the Stack.

SKMinnie48
02-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks! Yea, I loved the aloft (Wonder) so I am definitly looking forward to the stack! :)

noahsmom
02-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Hi all!

We (DH, myself and 8 yr old DS) will be going on our 3rd cruise on 7/15. This is our 1st 7 nighter and I'm very excited.

I am currently looking at doing the Atlantis submarine in Cozumel with DS while DH goes golfing and we will all go to Stingray city in Grand Cayman.

I'm still trying to figure out dining rotations (special themed nights). Not sure which night to go to Palo.

Kelli

ImMarcik
02-13-2006, 05:38 PM
:wave2: Hi Kelli, welcome! We are planning on doing Palo on Tuesday night so we don't miss AP's first night. Pirate night is Wed. night.

I sure hope we do get to go to Cozumel. It looks like they have cancelled Cozumel all the way until March now. :confused3

ImMarcik
02-15-2006, 12:27 PM
5 months today until we board the ship!!! :banana: :banana:

noahsmom
02-15-2006, 01:20 PM
As much as I'd like to go to Cozumel, I'll be happy just to be on the ship! '

Kelli

ImMarcik
02-15-2006, 02:04 PM
As much as I'd like to go to Cozumel, I'll be happy just to be on the ship! '

Kelli

That is so true. My DH says we've never been to Cozumel so we won't know what we are missing anyway. I just can't wait to cruise. :banana:

buzz2
02-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi and Welcome Noahsmom!. Me, I would rather go to Cozumel than Costa Maya. My teen son is hoping to go to Cozumel too so he can do the teen cruise again. But as said, just as long we are on the cruise it will be great either way!

noahsmom
02-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I agree, Cozumel is my choice over Costa Maya, which is why I didn't choose a double dip cruise. That being said, today I especially don't care which port we go to - I just wish we were there today instead of here at home. I look out the window at 11+ inches of new snow that is waiting to be shoveled. :confused3 :eek: :crazy2:

noahsmom
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Has anyone booked any excursions yet? I was thinking of booking my own stingray excursion at Grand Cayman but going through DCL for Atlantis sub in Cozumel.

Kelli

buzz2
02-16-2006, 06:53 PM
We have not booked yet. I think beacause there is 11 of us going on the Sting Ray tour, we are going to go through Disney. Not sure what to do on Cozumel yet, but need to find something so the girls dont have to much time to shop for jewlery. :cool1: My son and his cousin want to do the Teen Cruise in Cozumel, and the Teen excursion at CC.

noahsmom
02-21-2006, 01:51 PM
We received information in the mail over the weekend. I was surprised by this, we have never gotten anything like this with our previous cruises. There was a cover letter telling us when our final payment was due and when we could start to book things online. Of course the booking date was before the final payment date. I'm guessing this is DCL's way to get people to pay earlier.

There was also a nice booklet with a bunch of different ship related info. I'm not planning on paying early in order to book online. The only thing that would be nice to prebook is Palo but it sounds like that is almost impossible to do online.

Did anyone else receive this info? I've also been reading about Cozumel being out of commission for the rest of the year. Wish I knew for sure - now that DCL has me in serious planning mode!

Kelli

ImMarcik
02-22-2006, 07:40 PM
I haven't gotten any information like that. :( I can't get into major planning mode until after April 15th since I am soooo busy at work right now. I do plan on paying off my cruise about 2 weeks before I can book online though. I think the day I can book is April 16th. Anyone else count the days yet? I booked Palo and our excursions online last time. I will be up to book again, especially since April 16th is on a weekend. We really are wanting to do the fishing excursion at CC but I hear it books very fast. So, if it's meant to be it will be open. If it's not then it will save us lots of money so either way I win. :rotfl2:

noahsmom
02-23-2006, 04:23 PM
I will look at the letter when I get home and check the date. It's listed on the letter. Did you have a problem booking on line? Do you have be on at midnight to get what you want?

Kelli

ImMarcik
02-23-2006, 08:36 PM
You can start making reservations at 3 a.m. CST if I remember correctly. I set my alarm and got up at that time and made them. I had never cruised before so I had to make them at 75 days out and I was worried about them being booked but I had no problems at all getting anything I wanted. This time I get to book at 90 days out so I am hoping for the same luck getting what I want. Since it's a weekend I am sure I will get up to make them again. I am a compulsive planner :cool1:

noahsmom
02-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Marcie,

According to the letter DCL sent me April 16th is when we can start booking things - so you were right! Final payment is due May 1st, so I guess you only have to pay a couple of weeks early. Maybe I'll do it, it would be nice to just board this ship and not rush to book things.

I just purchased our park hoppers for the WDW portion of our trip. It can't get here soon enough for me!

Kelli

ImMarcik
02-24-2006, 08:16 AM
We are going to AK the day before DCL. I really want to stay in the Poly but we decided this time we can't afford it so I booked us in the Caribbean Beach Resort. Only thing I have left to do is buy airline tickets but I'm going to wait a while. The best part of booking online is not having to do it onboard. Especially since we are taking Disney transportation so we won't be there until at least 1 probably.

noahsmom
02-24-2006, 10:52 AM
DS is not happy that we are not at the Poly this time. I think he'll get over it when he sees animals from our room.

I have already purchased our flights, I'm using frequent flyer miles for my ticket so I needed to do it pretty far out. It's kind of nice to have everything done! Now I can just sit back and decided what we should do once we are there.

2littlestitches
02-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey guys.....

I have been doing a lot of reading/research and bought a copy of the Passporter Disney Cruise guide. It's great, and has some good info for a newbie.

Anyway........

Am I right that Pirate night is going to be Wednesday, the same day we are in Cozumel? Looks like we are in Cozumel from 10:30am to 10:15pm that day if I have my facts right.

What I'm wanting to know is.......
1) Should we rush back early from port to do the pirate dinner and pirate events? Do most people do this rushing back too? We were thinking of doing the Xcaret excursion there, but it's all day long. I don't want to risk missing something.

2) When do they shoot off the fireworks that night....after we are away from port I'm assuming?

3) Any suggestions or experiences with this that you guys can share.....particularly which excursions you recommend for Cozumel.

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!

BTW......we, too, received those documents you mentioned this week. It's getting exciting now!!!!!!!!!

2littlestiches

buzz2
02-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Hi all! Sorry I just came home from a two week meeting. When I went through my mail I too received the packet from DCL. It's pretty neet, I don't remember ever getting this before.

2littlestiches, Pirate night is a fun night from everthing that I have read.Not sure about the fire works as we have not cruised with DCL in the past 2 years. As for Cozumel I am not sure we will even be going there yet. I was wathcing the news and the piers are still in bad shape.So it may be Costa Maya.

ImMarcik
02-24-2006, 06:11 PM
We did Pirate night in November. We had Palo reservations that night at 6, so probably around 8:30 we went out on deck and watch the party. The fireworks went off a little while after that. We were not at port. We are already working on what we are going to wear this time for pirate night. Not pirate stuff, but tropical. It really is a lot of fun. My DH went to a Mardi Gras store yesterday and found some beads with pirate skulls on them. He bought them to wear for pirate night and he bought me a set of beads with flip flops and palm trees and a set for my DD with flamingos playing guitars. I am planning on buying blinking flip flops for my DD and I to wear that night on deck. Oh, glow necklaces are really good for pirate night too.

2littlestitches
02-25-2006, 07:30 AM
Thanks guys!!!!

We definitely don't want to miss pirate night! You guys are under the impression it's on Weds. night, right?

As far as Costa Maya............if we end up there, any ideas on what you might do there as far as excursions?

2littlestitches

montana_mouseketeer
02-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Hi all, I'm Peggy from Montana...we'll be sailing on this cruise, too! It will be me, DH, and 2 DS's ages 11 and 15. We'll be staying at the Poly for six nights before the cruise...LOL I keep saying we should just mortgage the house! I think I'll be "Disneyed Out" by the time we're all done.

We did a four night on the Wonder in June 2001, so this will be our second cruise. DS #2 was 6 at the time, and after we got off the boat, he said "Those were the best days of my life". We knew right then we'd have to do another cruise!

We got the info in the mail early this week, and have been thinking about shore excursions...DH loves to sail, so we'll likely do a sail/snorkel somewhere. I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Palo--should we do dinner, or brunch? And is it best to book Palo for an at sea day?

We are SO excited!!

Peggy

ImMarcik
02-25-2006, 04:58 PM
2littlestitches, yes I believe Pirate ngiht is Wednesday night. As for Costa Maya http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1027015 this post has some info on the beach. We may just do that instead of taking an excursion there. I hear if you do the ruins or horseback riding to bring bugspray. The beach does look beautiful.

Peggy Welcome to the cruise meet!!!!! We are planning on doing both dinner and brunch at Palo. That is what we did on the 4 day. Dinner on Tuesday night so we don't miss the AP show or Pirate night. Brunch is on a sea day. My DD is 12 so she will be in the same group as your DS.

buzz2
02-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Welcome Peggy! We too are going to try and do both, Dinner and Brunch at Palo. Probably Dinner Tuesday night, not sure which day yet for brunch. We are doing the Sting Ray tour in Cozumel, and still not sure what will be next untill I see what Port we will be in on Wednsday. We are staying at the Beach Club Villas for 6 nights after the cruise.

ImMarcik
02-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey everyone, I've just been sitting here reading the Dis and I want to plan something and not much to plan at the moment. :rotfl2: So, since our meet is growing I thought I would start a list so we can see who all is amongst us. If I get anything wrong or you want to add anything to this list just holler.

1. buzz2, his DW, DS 13, DD 9 & 7 cousins
2. ImMarcik her DH & DD12
3. thegales, his DW, DD10 & DD8
4. 2littlestitches her DH, 2 small boys and her parents
5. SKMinnie48 15 & her Mom
6. Noahsmom, her Dh & DS 8
7. Montana Mouseketeer her Dh, DS 11 & DS 15

buzz2
02-26-2006, 01:32 PM
That is awesome thanks Marcie! The list is a great idea.

noahsmom
02-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks Marcie! The list is great. It would be fun to know where everyone is from also.

We are from Wisconsin, just outside of Madison.

Kelli

ImMarcik
02-27-2006, 07:27 PM
1. buzz2, his DW, DS (13), DD (9) & 7 cousins - from Wallingford,Ct
2. ImMarcik (Marcie) her DH & DD (12) - from Southeast Texas
3. thegales, his DW, DD (10) & DD (8)
4. 2littlestitches her DH, 2 small boys and her parents
5. SKMinnie48 (15) & her Mom - from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
6. Noahsmom, (Kelli) her Dh & DS (8) - from Wisconsin, just outside of Madison
7. Montana Mouseketeer (Peggy) her Dh, DS (11) & DS (15) - from Montana
8. Ansky922, her DH & DS (6) - from Staten Island, NY

I've added where everyone was from if it was in your profile. If anyone else wants this information added just let me know. I also did the same for first names. Maybe more will join us soon. :thumbsup2

ansky922
02-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Will also be going on july 15 cruise can't wait :sunny:

ansky922
02-28-2006, 07:27 PM
I am very new to this discussion board.

This will be my sons 6 first cruise
any advice will be welcomed

ImMarcik
02-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi ansky, welcome to the Dis board and welcome to our meet. :sunny: Is it just you and your sons going? How old are they? I've started a list of all of us going on the cruise and our ages and where we are from.

This is the best place to be to learn good tips for the cruise. :thumbsup2

ansky922
02-28-2006, 07:42 PM
hi its me my husband and my 6yr old son

ImMarcik
02-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I edited the list a few posts up to add Ansky. We are up to 8 Dis families. :thumbsup2 :banana:

ansky922
02-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks Marcie for adding me to the list

Have been to disney about 10+ times
last was for Thanksgiving 2005

Saw lots of great decorations and shows for holidays

A DVC member since 7/03

I am also going to be staying at the CB hotel prior to my cruise.

My son is 6 :earsboy: and its his first cruise :boat: so I want to make it memorable
so if anyone as any suggestion feel free

:hourglass Not much longer now

ImMarcik
02-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Is the CB, Caribbean Beach resort? We are staying there the 2 days before the cruise.
My DD is a little older but a few things I've learned from here are, order a gift basket from Shirley to be in your room for your DS. They have some with sand buckets and sand toys in them. Bring a pillow case with you and drop it off at guest services in a ziploc with sharpies and ask to have the characters sign it. They will deliver it to your stateroom once it's signed. There will be one character breakfast on the ship you can go to. There on 3 different days but you go the sea day after your Animators Palate dinner. Pirate night is a lot of fun, there will be fireworks. Bring bubbles for the sail away party or have them put in the basket from Shirley. I know I will think of more things as time goes on.

I was at WDW Thanksgiving week in 2005 but I got on the cruise on the day before Thanksgiving. It was nice, no big crowds, but very cold for a texan like me, and I had some breathing problems. :confused3 But once we sailed away and it got warm I felt much better. We missed AK because of me getting sick so that's where we are going this time.

ansky922
02-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes we will be at the caribbean Beach also 2 days earlier and after the cruise we will be staying 3 days later :woohoo: .

This might sound silly but who is shirley? :scratchin Where can I get her baskets?

Can you tell me how I can add a countdown :confused:

ImMarcik
02-28-2006, 11:31 PM
http://www.theperfectgift.cc/Cruises.htm That is Shirley's website. She does very nice baskets, we got some last cruise. One good thing about the baskets is getting stuff in them that you won't have to pack. Dr. Pepper will always be in our baskets because that is our drink of choice and they don't have it on the cruise. This time I think we are going to do the Sand Bucket basket. They will be waiting for you on your bed when you get in your stateroom. For the countdown go to tickerfactory.com. Once you make one you copy and paste it into your signature.

ansky922
03-01-2006, 09:43 PM
:wave:

Thank you for the shirley info
Have you ever stayed ay the carribean Beach?

2littlestitches
03-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Ansky.....

I've stayed at the Caribbean Beach before, but it's been a long time ago. It was a fun "beachy/islandy" atmosphere. I remember them playing Caribbean type music by the pool and the gift shop area which was a nice touch! I remember liking the food at the food court as well.

2littlestitches

2littlestitches
03-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Hey guys..........how many of you are creating signs for your stateroom door? I've been reading up on this, and it sounds kinda fun.

ImMarcik
03-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Ansky, no I haven't stayed at the Caribbean Beach before. So this will be a first for me too.

2littlestitches, I will be making door signs. I made a whole bunch last time. We had 4 mickey heads and 3 disappeared so this time my DH says he wants to make a whole bunch of mickey heads so if we see little kids looking at our door we can give them one to put on their door.

ImMarcik
03-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Here's a picture of our door on the Wonder.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/ImMarcik/3d539604.jpg

ansky922
03-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Fun looking door :thumbsup2

How did you do it :scratchin

that would be something I would to do and my DS would prob get a kick out of it.
Sorry if ask alot of question?

ansky922
03-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Marcie

Well after I left you that Door Magnet Question.

Went thread searchin :teleport:
and many :hourglass later I have many great ideas

cant wait to get started

Thanks

2littlestitches
03-02-2006, 02:21 PM
Cute signs!!!! And happy belated anniversary!

I do some scrapbooking, so I'm thinking of doing a "scrapped" type sign and attaching the magnetic tape to the back. I actually bought some materials today.

Did you print on magnetic paper or just use magnetic tape instead?

Did a lot of people do signs....or will we be one of the few to do it?

2littlestitiches

ansky922
03-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Cute signs!!!! And happy belated anniversary!

I do some scrapbooking, so I'm thinking of doing a "scrapped" type sign and attaching the magnetic tape to the back. I actually bought some materials today.

Did you print on magnetic paper or just use magnetic tape instead?

Did a lot of people do signs....or will we be one of the few to do it?

2littlestitiches

Just a little info I got from the thread they have on this. Some people had problems printing on the magnetic paper so you could use the tape.

From what I read only a handful of people do this on some cruises. But it looks pretty cool :smooth: I will make an attempt to try my own also

ImMarcik
03-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Ansky, Im glad you found the thread. :thumbsup2

2littlestitches. Thank you, it was our 7th anniversary. We had dinner at Palo that night. It was an awesome anniversary. I will have to post a picture of our dinner.

I bought the picture magnetic paper at office depot. I didn't have any problems with it going through my printer. I do have magnetic tape too, I scrapbook also. I used the tape on the mickey heads. You can get mickey heads at Home Depot. This year I may just make them on the computer though. Our door was the only door we saw decorated but we didn't go walking down the halls where the rooms were on other floors so I don't know. Maybe I will do one that says DIS on it this year. I didn't last year. I love doing stuff like that so it was a lot of fun and I will definitely decorate again this year. pixiedust:

ansky922
03-02-2006, 10:37 PM
:offtopic: Just wanted to say how excited I was that I finally got my ticker working
:cool1: pixiedust: :cheer2: :woohoo:
its the little things that make me happy

ImMarcik
03-02-2006, 10:57 PM
:jumping1: party: Looks great ansky. :thumbsup2

noahsmom
03-03-2006, 01:42 PM
I did door signs on our last cruise. It was dh's 40th the day we boarded so I was able to get away from dh and ds to go and decorate the door. I used the magnetic paper from office depot and had no problem printing on it. I also got some iron on transfer paper and made a t-shirt for dh to wear. He was thrilled :rotfl2:

The magnet signs made it so much easier to find our door - they all look the same down those long hallways!

Ansky, I have ordered baskets from Shirley and she does a terrific job. On our 1st cruise I ordered the sand set and was amazed at how big it was. DS, then 4, was thrilled! I have a picture but not sure how to post it.

Kelli

noahsmom
03-03-2006, 01:58 PM
I think I may have figured out the picture thing - here goes....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/kjhnoah/Noahsgift.jpg

ansky922
03-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Kelli
Thank you for all the info.
The more I read this sight the more excited I get. :cheer2:
I am tryin to do all these things to surprise my DH & DS (6)
I will definitly try Shirley.
My DS is 6 do you know of any fun island tours for his age group he might enjoy :listen:

Great Basket

noahsmom
03-03-2006, 02:10 PM
My DS is 8 this year and we are planning on Stingray city and Atlantis submarine. At CC we just have a beach day. We all enjoy just relaxing.

On our last cruise he was 6 but it was just the 4 day cruise. He stayed in the Oceaneers club while dh and I went into Nassau. He really enjoys the club, hopefully he'll enjoy the lab this year.

The only thing he would get upset about is when the princesses were around. He is VERY anti-princess! His favorite character is Captain Hook, who maked a number of appearances to the Oceaneers club!

The whole experience is so magical that anything you plan will be enjoyed.

ImMarcik
03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Just bumping to get us back on the first page. :cool1:

ansky922
03-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Just bumping to get us back on the first page. :cool1:

Okay I will help out to :banana:
I have a question. Trying to show my door magnet is the only way for me to do that by going to photo bucket? If it is can someone tell me how? :listen:
Please

ImMarcik
03-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Go to Photobucket . com and make an account. It's free. Then you upload your picture you want to put on the site. Once your're picture is uploaded, under it there will be 3 different codes for your picture. I'm pretty sure the one you use is the bottom one. Just copy and paste that code and put it in your post. YOu can preview your post before you submit it to see if you have the right code in there. If you do it will show the picture. I hope that makes sense. If you need more help I can walk you through. :goodvibes

ansky922
03-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I think I got stand by I am going to try :woohoo:

ansky922
03-08-2006, 12:31 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/ansky922/welcome.jpg

Okay it worked its a little to small :blush: and you really can't see it that good :3dglasses

I will keep trying
Thanks for the advice :thumbsup2

noahsmom
03-09-2006, 04:12 PM
it must be really small - I can't see it! Just kidding. Keep trying, I can't wait to see it! :thumbsup2

ansky922
03-10-2006, 12:10 PM
:Pinkbounc Trying to bump

buzz2
03-11-2006, 06:41 PM
UGGG! Trying to book our airfare is really getting annoying. The price has been hanging at about $299, but today it jumped to $719 per person. this is out of CT. I know it will come down, but this is crazy. Last year I booked for 167 per person. Anyone else having problems, or is everyone already booked?
I may have to start looking to leave out of NY.

ansky922
03-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Already booked with jet blue out of newark about a month ago for $119 might want to check it out and see what it is now

ImMarcik
03-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Yes, I've been watching the airline prices. They go up and down like the stock market. The lowest I've found is $200 per person. I know what flight I want so I've been watching it.

I got a new notebook today. Our last trip I got a notebook with a clear front where you can slide a paper in. I decorated a paper and put it on front. Then, I printed everything I needed and put the notebook in our carryon. I also used it to pack our navigators and everything else I wanted to keep while on the cruise. I had to get a new one because my other one is still all together since I haven't finished the scrapbook of that trip yet.

The best part about today though is, I bought a new bathing suit for the cruise. :banana: :banana:

noahsmom
03-13-2006, 03:01 PM
I booked last fall. I'm using frequent flyer points for my ticket so I needed to get them while there was still availability. We are flying Midwest out of Milwaukee. They are a little more $ but a terrific airline! They bake chocolate chip cookies onboard - yum!!

Kelli

ImMarcik
03-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Wow!!! Chocolate chip cookies are way better than a bag of peanuts!!!

BTW we are about to hit 100 posts on our thread. :cool1: :cool1:

ansky922
03-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Just wanted to say :wave2:

Also just got a postcard sent by one of DIS members to my DS from GOOFY saying how he can't wait to see him on the the Magic

My son was so excited

I can't wait you would think I've never been away before

buzz2
03-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Chocolate Chip cookies would be much better than peanuts! Guess i'll just have to wait until that first Sat. night, and call room service and order 6 of those large scrumcious Choclate chip cookies. With milk of course.Then maybe call back and order a pizza.......... LOL Not soon enough!

ImMarcik
03-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Chocolate Chip cookies would be much better than peanuts! Guess i'll just have to wait until that first Sat. night, and call room service and order 6 of those large scrumcious Choclate chip cookies. With milk of course.Then maybe call back and order a pizza.......... LOL Not soon enough!

4 months from today we will be eating those chocolate chip cookies. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

noahsmom
03-15-2006, 12:22 PM
We have never ordered from room service on the ship. It's one of my goals this trip!

ImMarcik
03-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Every night when we got in the cabin, we would call room service and order coffee and donuts to be delivered at the time we wanted to wake up. It was soooo heavenly to drink coffee on the verandah before getting ready for our day.

buzz2
03-15-2006, 02:08 PM
OOOOOOOOHH Kripy Cream Donuts! Must do, every morning along with a pot of coffee. The key, is to get to them before the kids do!

ansky922
03-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Oh by the way did I mention how excited I am about this trip
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: :cheer2:

The countdown continues :hourglass

ImMarcik
03-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Oh by the way did I mention how excited I am about this trip
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: :cheer2:

The countdown continues :hourglass

:rotfl2: :rotfl:

Me too!!!! I've been sitting here searching everything I can on Key West. We aren't planning on doing an excursion there. We are just going to explore. I told my DD tonight that tomorrow is less then 4 months until we cruise. She is 12 and thinks I'm nutty. :rotfl: But, I know she's excited too.

ImMarcik
03-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I bought our airline tickets tonight. :woohoo: I looked at the prices tonight and they were about $230 less then I spent last November when we flew to Orlando so I bought them. The bad news is we leave very early, the good news is I will be at Downtown Disney eating at Earl of Sandwich by noon. :thumbsup2

2littlestitches
03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Excited is an understatement for me.........I just cannot wait to be on that ship!!!!!!

I'm looking so forward to it. My expectations are so high --I'm sure we're gonna have a blast!

ansky922
03-19-2006, 11:22 PM
it must be really small - I can't see it! Just kidding. Keep trying, I can't wait to see it! :thumbsup2

Okay so I took your advice I kept trying and now look what happened its sooooooo big :rolleyes1 :confused3 :goodvibes :)
but I finally got one to work
Hope you guys enjoy it
I am so excited :banana: :cheer2: :woohoo: :wave2:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/ansky922/Dayatthebeach.gif

ImMarcik
03-19-2006, 11:33 PM
It looks great ansky. :thumbsup2 I will be glad when I am done being busy at work so I can start working on my signs. Maybe in a month or so. :banana:

I read earlier that someone called DCL to see if their cruise in April was going to Cozumel and they were told that DCL was going to do a trial run to Cozumel in April. I hope it is true. Although I know that could change tomorrow.

ansky922
03-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Thank You

I also read that they might be doing a trial to Cozumel late april to see how it goes

but like you say one never knows

My DS keeps asking me how much longer he is ready to go as is my DH and me.

I was thinking of getting a basket from Shirley
How early should I order it? :confused3

ImMarcik
03-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Last time I ordered it about a month before the trip. Then, I talked to her again about 2 weeks before. I've heard she doesn't want the orders too early. She's very nice, hopefully you will get to talk to her personally.

ansky922
03-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Last time I ordered it about a month before the trip. Then, I talked to her again about 2 weeks before. I've heard she doesn't want the orders too early. She's very nice, hopefully you will get to talk to her personally.

Okay thanks for the advice :thumbsup2
I Hope I do get to talk to her she sounds like a nice person

ImMarcik
03-21-2006, 09:57 AM
YVW Ansky. :goodvibes

Does anyone know if it's easy to get to an ATM machine in Key West?

noahsmom
03-21-2006, 11:34 AM
The 1st time I ordered a basket from Shirley I did it way in advance (I like to plan). The 2nd time she asked me to call back, she preferred just a couple weeks before the cruise.

She is very helpful and easy to work with.

buzz2
03-21-2006, 06:57 PM
ImMarcik, I remember their was an ATM in a drug store I bought some beer in 2 years ago. I just can't remember were it was. I know it was not that long of a walk though. Of course we stopped at Sloppy Joes for a drink, and another place on the way so that may have something to do with that.

ImMarcik
03-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Just thought I would share what I found on Costa Maya. We may do this if we go there. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1027015

ansky922
03-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Just thought I would share what I found on Costa Maya. We may do this if we go there. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1027015

Thanks for the info that beach looked amazing

I am such a chicken when it comes to going off on my own you hear so many stories.

But I would really like to take my son to see a really great beach

ImMarcik
03-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the info that beach looked amazing

I am such a chicken when it comes to going off on my own you hear so many stories.

But I would really like to take my son to see a really great beach

My DH is that way too. That's why we are so excited about Key West. We are doing everything all on our own there.

We've been debating the ruins, but there is so much talk about vaccines and not being able to give blood after you go there. Is it that unsafe? My DD doesn't know how fond she will be of all the bugs. :rotfl2:

The other thing is, if we go to that beach on our own, and quickly see we do not like Costa Maya then we can go back to the ship. We still aren't completely sure what we are going to do there. Who knows maybe we will go to Cozumel.

noahsmom
03-27-2006, 04:17 PM
The Costa Maya stop was the reason I didn't book a double dip cruise. The more I read about this port, the more I hope we get to go to Cozumel. DH wanted to golf and Cozumel is the only stop that offered that. We may just stay on the ship in Costa Maya.

ImMarcik
03-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Okay I have bad news and good news. Let me start at the beginning. When we were on our cruise in November we decided to book another cruise and our first choice was the Eastern. The one in July was pretty high and the one in Aug. looked like it would cut it close for DD's school. So we booked the Western. Since then some of you know I had to move the trip due to my Dh's work. Well after I moved it I found out one of my co-workers is pregnant and due the week I moved it to. Then I found out another co-workers sons World Series for baseball is that week. I also really haven't been too fond of going to Costa Maya. So, today I finally found out when school starts next year. It starts 5 days after we would get home from the Aug. 5th Eastern. So, I went talk to my office manager and she was really sounding relieved I was willing to move my trip. So, after an afternoon of talking to my family I called my TA. We are now moving our trip to the Aug. 5th Eastern. The bad news is I will now not be able to meet all of you. :confused3 Except the gales who I have already met. :goodvibes I can't find a thread for Aug. 5th, but I will make one. I really hope you have a magical cruise.

ansky922
03-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Okay I have bad news and good news. Let me start at the beginning. When we were on our cruise in November we decided to book another cruise and our first choice was the Eastern. The one in July was pretty high and the one in Aug. looked like it would cut it close for DD's school. So we booked the Western. Since then some of you know I had to move the trip due to my Dh's work. Well after I moved it I found out one of my co-workers is pregnant and due the week I moved it to. Then I found out another co-workers sons World Series for baseball is that week. I also really haven't been too fond of going to Costa Maya. So, today I finally found out when school starts next year. It starts 5 days after we would get home from the Aug. 5th Eastern. So, I went talk to my office manager and she was really sounding relieved I was willing to move my trip. So, after an afternoon of talking to my family I called my TA. We are now moving our trip to the Aug. 5th Eastern. The bad news is I will now not be able to meet all of you. :confused3 Except the gales who I have already met. :goodvibes I can't find a thread for Aug. 5th, but I will make one. I really hope you have a magical cruise.

Wow really sorry :sad2: to hear that even though you are still going in Aug. Thank you soooooooooooooo much for all the great advice. Have a great trip :wave:

buzz2
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
ImMarik Sorry to hear you won't be on our cruise, but you know you will have a great time on the eastern. Have a Great trip!!

ImMarcik
03-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Your very welcome Ansky! And thank y'all, I sure hope your cruise is magical.

noahsmom
03-29-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you won't be joining us but I sure understand! I thought about switching to an Eastern cruise because of the Cozumel/Costa Maya thing but figured it would be too expensive this late in the game.

Have a great time on the Eastern!

Kelli

buzz2
04-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Still goin crazy with airfare! Now Delta went up to $647 a person out of Bradely. looks like we may be flyin out of NJ or NY. :confused3

ansky922
04-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Still goin crazy with airfare! Now Delta went up to $647 a person out of Bradely. looks like we may be flyin out of NJ or NY. :confused3

I can't believe the prices they want especially for the peanuts they give :confused3

thegales
04-05-2006, 08:30 PM

Marcie,
I have been away too long and look what happens. All I can say is :(. We were looking forward to seeing you and the family again. But...

I know you will have a magical time on the Eastern. Nothing like starting out with two days at sea!
David

thegales
04-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Okay, so I will try to catch up since I have been a way for a while...

We also ordered gift baskets from The Perfect Gift. Someone mentioned to try to talk to Shirley, as she is such a sweet person. While I agree she is a wonderful person, so are all the others in her shop. I spoke with another woman (and you think I would remember her name, lol). She was very helpful. She and I really designed our own baskets, putting in things specific for each DD. We wound up putting too many drinks, as the drink station was so accessable. We left a lot of the juice bags and waters for our state room host.

We arrived at Port Canaveral the day before, so I stopped in the shop to say hello. I was by myself, as I was dropping off the rental car. The woman who took my order was in the shop, so she doubled checked everything with me.

And since our baskets were sand toys, we took them to all beaches. DDs' met lots of other kids who also wanted to play. I have to admit, we had the best toys on the beach :teeth: .

Here is picture of baskets (with our DDs)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/522/43937DSC05849.JPG

thegales
04-05-2006, 08:59 PM
By the way...

100 days until we cruise!!!

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

ansky922
04-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Okay, so I will try to catch up since I have been a way for a while...

We also ordered gift baskets from The Perfect Gift. Someone mentioned to try to talk to Shirley, as she is such a sweet person. While I agree she is a wonderful person, so are all the others in her shop. I spoke with another woman (and you think I would remember her name, lol). She was very helpful. She and I really designed our own baskets, putting in things specific for each DD. We wound up putting too many drinks, as the drink station was so accessable. We left a lot of the juice bags and waters for our state room host.

We arrived at Port Canaveral the day before, so I stopped in the shop to say hello. I was by myself, as I was dropping off the rental car. The woman who took my order was in the shop, so she doubled checked everything with me.

And since our baskets were sand toys, we took them to all beaches. DDs' met lots of other kids who also wanted to play. I have to admit, we had the best toys on the beach :teeth: .

Here is picture of baskets (with our DDs)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/522/43937DSC05849.JPG

Thanks for the info I can't wait to make the call to order my DS(6) a basket.
I just can't wait :goodvibes

thegales
04-09-2006, 09:13 PM
So what are people thinking of doing for excursions? At Key West, we are thinking of doing the Western Union Schooner, then some exploring and wind up at Mallory Square for sunset.

At Cozumel, we are looking to do the Fury Catamaran and beach. We did this excusion the last time and the whole family had a great time.

Not sure about Grand Cayman. Last time we had Capt. Marvin's booked, but wound up going to Costa Maya due to hurricanes. Since then, we have done some other stingray excursions, and the DDs don't seem excited about another one. So, we may just do a beach day.

ansky922
04-09-2006, 10:06 PM
So what are people thinking of doing for excursions? At Key West, we are thinking of doing the Western Union Schooner, then some exploring and wind up at Mallory Square for sunset.

At Cozumel, we are looking to do the Fury Catamaran and beach. We did this excusion the last time and the whole family had a great time.

Not sure about Grand Cayman. Last time we had Capt. Marvin's booked, but wound up going to Costa Maya due to hurricanes. Since then, we have done some other stingray excursions, and the DDs don't seem excited about another one. So, we may just do a beach day.

Been looking over all the tours. Will definitly do something in Key West because we have never been. Want to show my DS (6) a great beach. They say Castaway Cay is great for that. I am so confused :confused3 Thank goodness I have a little more time :hourglass to decide.

noahsmom
04-12-2006, 09:46 AM
I think we will do Key West on our own. Maybe the butterfly farm, I've heard the aquarium is good.

In Cozumel, DS and I are planning on the doing Atlantis sub while DH goes golfing. Grand Cayman is supposed to be Stingray City. I'm not sure if I'm going to book that through DCL or on my own.

Castaway Cay is a wonderful, fabulous beach.

buzz2
04-13-2006, 07:39 PM
I think we will do Key West on our own too. Grand Cayman, we are going to do Sting Ray City. I'm going to use Disney because their are 13 of us. Not sure what do do next until we figure out whether we are going to Cozumel, or Costa Maya. By the way, 91 days to go. :thumbsup2

noahsmom
04-14-2006, 10:09 PM
Since the website won't let us book anything for Costa Maya I'm going to book as if we are going to Cozumel. I'll change it if I have to.

It's coming so fast!! We are getting confirmations a bunch of the stuff we want to do at WDW before the cruise.

thegales
04-14-2006, 10:41 PM
I went looking for this list, and had to go back too many pages. So I thought I would repost.

2. thegales, his DW, DD (10) & DD (8)
3. 2littlestitches her DH, 2 small boys and her parents
4. SKMinnie48 (15) & her Mom - from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
5. Noahsmom, (Kelli) her Dh & DS (8) - from Wisconsin, just outside of Madison
6. Montana Mouseketeer (Peggy) her Dh, DS (11) & DS (15) - from Montana
7. Ansky922, her DH & DS (6) - from Staten Island, NY

Any other lurkers out there who want to join us?

noahsmom
04-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the repost! I'm waiting impatiently to book excursions and palo.

thegales
04-16-2006, 03:10 AM
Here I sit at 3:09 am on Easter morning...

but, I have everything booked.

We have booked the Day Sail on the Western Union Schooner at Key West, Rum Point Beach Adventure at Grand Cayman, and Fury Catamaran Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party at Cozumel.

And I was able to get all the Palo I was looking for, plus a bonus. High Tea on Monday, Dinner on Tuesday, and Brunch on Thursday.

In the morning (well the normal morning), I will review with DW to make sure I did the right thing.

Anyone else?

noahsmom
04-16-2006, 03:43 AM
Well it's not quite so bad here, only 2:50 am. I set the alarm for 2:15 CDT. It worked! I've gotten everything booked.

Palo brunch on Monday, dinner on Thursday (both sea days so that will be nice). For Cozumel DH is going golfing while DS & I go on Atlantis. In Grand Cayman we are all going on the Rum Point Beach and Stingray Ray City Snorkel.

Now it's back to bed, hope I don't trip on the Easter Bunny!

thegales
04-16-2006, 02:20 PM
So now that I booked it, what is Palo High Tea?

noahsmom
04-19-2006, 08:48 AM
I've not done the high tea either but I believe it's different teas served with finger sandwiches, etc. DH isn't a coffee or tea drinker so I didn't book this.

Sorry I haven't gotten the message sent to your dd yet. The weekend got crazy busy and I'm traveling this week. Hopefully this weekend will be a little better!

ansky922
04-23-2006, 02:26 PM
Well it's not quite so bad here, only 2:50 am. I set the alarm for 2:15 CDT. It worked! I've gotten everything booked.

Palo brunch on Monday, dinner on Thursday (both sea days so that will be nice). For Cozumel DH is going golfing while DS & I go on Atlantis. In Grand Cayman we are all going on the Rum Point Beach and Stingray Ray City Snorkel.

Now it's back to bed, hope I don't trip on the Easter Bunny!

So I am reading :surfweb: all these posts about booking and I start to panic :faint: did I miss my window but then I realized I am the :blush: newbie so my window doesn't open until May 1st so hopefully I can book with know problem.
I can't wait :cool1:

buzz2
04-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I was able to get Palos for 7pm Tuesday night, and Brunch for Thursday. Made Reservations for the StingRay Tour in Gran Caymans.Was able to sign my daughter up for the kids club. I will have to wait to sign my son up for the teen excursion on Castaway Kay. They show him as 12 but he will turn 13 on Sunday. Also made all our Spa reservations. It will be our 20th Anniversary, so I made Couples massages for both days at sea. Now just to buy the beer and we will be all set. :thumbsup2

thegales
04-25-2006, 08:30 PM
...beer...

Did someone say beer? :drinking1

thegales
04-25-2006, 08:48 PM
I was able to get Palos for 7pm Tuesday night, and Brunch for Thursday. Made Reservations for the StingRay Tour in Gran Caymans.Was able to sign my daughter up for the kids club. I will have to wait to sign my son up for the teen excursion on Castaway Kay. They show him as 12 but he will turn 13 on Sunday. Also made all our Spa reservations. It will be our 20th Anniversary, so I made Couples massages for both days at sea. Now just to buy the beer and we will be all set. :thumbsup2

Nice going on the massage. I see how you made it 20 years :thumbsup2 . What time is your brunch on Thursday? We are at 11:30. Our dinner is at 6:00 on Tuesday, so we will probably be enjoying the Chocolate Souffle just as you are coming in. :teeth:

I am going to get our cruise box ready soon. I put all the things that we want to take on the cruise in the box, so when it comes time to pack, we have many of the incidentals.

buzz2
04-26-2006, 07:50 PM
I the think the brunch is 11:30am also. We do a cruise box too. But I think, since we are staying at the Beach Club Villas for a week after the cruise, we will be able to take a little less. I will make a stop at a supermarket on the way their after the cruise. That Sat. after the Cruise will be tough, because it is tradition for us to do beer around the world at Epcot the first night. :teeth:

ImMarcik
04-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Just stopped by to say hi since I saw the thread on the first page. :wave2: I have a cruise box too. It already has stuff in it too. :goodvibes Too bad I now have to wait 3 more weeks after y'all cruise before I do. :confused3

thegales
04-27-2006, 09:53 PM
That Sat. after the Cruise will be tough, because it is tradition for us to do beer around the world at Epcot the first night. :teeth:

Hmmm, that sounds like a good tradition. You may need a nap during the afternoon so you can be in good shape.

I think we will be driving home on Saturday. Flights look to be too expensive.

thegales
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
What night do we think they will be showing the new Pirates in the Caribean movie on the Dumbotron? I am not sure if the DDs will want to watch it, but DW and I are looking forward to it. The movie Cars will probably be playing as well, so we will try to find some time for it as well.

On our last cruise, DDs and I went to an 11:00 pm showing of Chicken Little in the Walt Disney Theater. There were probably only 100 people there, but it was a lot of fun. We were lucky to have a day at sea the next day, so we could sleep in.

buzz2
04-29-2006, 06:29 PM
I'm not sure which night, but we are looking forward to the Pirates movie too. We saw the first one, on one of are Disney cruises. I think we went to a midnight showing. The movie had just came out that Friday. But the Jumbo Tron should be a great Experience!

2littlestitches
05-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Being a first time cruiser, today was the day I was allowed to do the online reservations. I set the alarm for 2:00 am, and guess what?????? The Disney reservation system was down all night long. They didn't get it up and running until about 8:00 am our time. So all that for nothing! Oh well....

Anyway......I kept trying and trying until finally I was able to log on (I believe I was one of the first to log on anyway!) and I managed to get dinner at Palo's on Tuesday night, brunch there on Monday morning and High Tea on Thursday. I was so excited, because Tuesday was my number one choice for dinner!

I booked one spa treatment, and our excursions. We did the Atlantis sub at Grand Cayman, the Cozumel beach break, and the snorkel equipment/floats at Castaway Cay. Oh and the Wild Side teen excursion for the teens in our group. Key West we are just exploring on our own.

Good luck to all those who are still working on the reservations! I am so happy and now I'm counting the days til I board that ship!

2littlestitches

ansky922
05-02-2006, 10:33 AM
So my May 1st date was coming soon was away for the weekend and not near a computer. Wasn't able to start my reservations until 9:30pm. I didn't want much. So I signed my DS (6) for the club (check). Wanted a simple brunch for palo :sad2: only date was Sunday and I planned an tour for Key West oh well will keep trying I guess.
So is there anything else I need to do :confused3
I need to call for the basket but it's a little to soon

Just can't wait :cool1: :cheer2: :woohoo:

:hourglass

2littlestitches
05-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Ansky....

Could you maybe book a dinner? That way you'll at least get to experience Palo once. I was on the website just now and it looked as though there were still some Palo dinners available...I think they had some for Thurs night (a sea day).

2littlestitches

buzz2
05-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Ansky.....

From what I hear they also hold some reservations, so you might want to try when you get on board the ship for anything that you want.

I want to book my son for the Wild Side too, but have to wait until we board the ship. He's 12 turning 13 on Sunday so the system won't let me book him.

noahsmom
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Ansky don't worry about Palo, I'm sure you'll be able to book onboard.

Who's getting pirate wear for pirate night? I'm working on getting stuff for ds, but I'm not sure I want to get too dressed up. I have a problem spending $ for something I'll not wear again.

ansky922
05-11-2006, 08:07 PM
I will Try Palo's when I get on board.

I borrowed a pirate pirate: costume for my DS, bought A pirate pirate: t-shirt for DH and I just bought an outfit that could be pirate looking but I could definitly wear again. Could the guys wear jeans that night is that permitted.

Also I wanted to decorate my room with DCL bon Voyage stuff but as of May 1st it is still not available :confused3
Will call every once in awhile to ask.

We will be staying a CBR before cruise has anyone ever used the buses from the hotel to get to the ship I have read that they do not arrive that early. I just wanted to get there as early as possible. But I really didn't want to call a cab just another expense :confused3

:hyper2: Just getting very excited sorry I am rambaling on

buzz2
05-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Still not sure what we are going to do for Pirate night. Maybe we will take a ride to Down Disney Friday night and see what they have.

Ansky we took the Bus from Beach Club a couple of times. I think we arrived at port about 1:30-2pm range. the nice thing is you will put your suite cases out and not see them again until after you board the ship. Also they show a vidio on the bus and about when it is done you will come over the hill and see the Magic. We would use it again if I did'nt rent a car this time.

noahsmom
05-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Ansky,

We have never used the DCL bus, we always go with a towncar. It is wonderful! They will pick you up whenever you want and make a grocery stop too. I highly recommend this.

ansky922
05-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Ansky,

We have never used the DCL bus, we always go with a towncar. It is wonderful! They will pick you up whenever you want and make a grocery stop too. I highly recommend this.

Were do you get the towncar from? How far in advance would you do something like that? :confused3

Sorry for all the questions

buzz2
05-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Hi Ansky, I'm sure Noahsmom can help, but we have used Tiffany Town Car a couple of times and they worked very well for us ,with very good service. They have a web sight tiffanytowncar.com. I know that their are also others out their as well. I think Florida town car is one also. Less than 60 days before we leave. :banana:

noahsmom
05-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Ansky,

We have used Happy Limo twice and been pleased with their service. Based on some reviews on the DIS boards we are using Southern Elegance this time. Here's the Southern Elegance website: www.*******************************

They were very quick to respond to our inquiries. DH LOVES having the towncar, he's not crazy about driving in unfamiliar territory.

noahsmom
05-16-2006, 03:08 PM
guess we can't post websites. The site is southern elegance limousines .com all one word, no spaces.

ansky922
05-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks Everyone for the info I will look into it :thumbsup2

I must say I am very glad I found :surfweb: this site there is alot of great info from really nice people :wave:

The clock is ticking :hourglass
I can't wait :bounce: :woohoo: :cheer2:

LasseKjus
05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Adding my name to the list of people going. Me, wife, daughter (just shy of 3) and other daughter (just over three months). We have nine people going altogether. Also going are mother-in-law and father-in-law, and sister-in-law, brother-in-law and teenage family friend to help out with the kids. From Milwaukee, Wis.

buzz2
05-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Welcome LasseKjus. The time is coming to walk aboard very quickly! :banana:

ansky922
05-18-2006, 05:29 AM
Welcome :wave2:

I can't believe how quickly it's coming

:woohoo: :cheer2:

noahsmom
05-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Welcome LassKjus!

We are from the Madison area. Is this your first cruise?

patporter13
05-18-2006, 11:01 PM
Two families

Myself
DW
DD 9
DD 5

Dad
Mon
DD 9
DS 6

Rooms on Deck 7

ansky922
05-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Two families

Myself
DW
DD 9
DD 5

Dad
Mon
DD 9
DS 6

Rooms on Deck 7

Welcome patporter :wave:
I also have a DS 6
were are you guys from?
Will you be signing them up for the kids club?
Is everyone getting excited :Pinkbounc

patporter13
05-21-2006, 01:25 PM
All four of the kids will be in the kids' clubs.

We have booked excursions outside of Disney for the three ports:

Wave Runners in Key West
Stingray City snorkel in Grand Cayman
Dolphin Swim in Cozumel

The kids will be with us for all of the excursions, so mostly kids club on day at sea.

Both families are from Phoenix

ansky922
05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Okay

Called for my DS basket (ck) :woohoo:

Contacted town car (ck) :wizard:

Starting to think up packing list :crazy:

Lets get this show on the road :moped:

:cheer2: pixiedust: party:

noahsmom
05-23-2006, 07:30 PM
I have started at accumulate a small pile of things on the kitchen counter. Guess I should get a box to use. I don't want to forget anything! I already put Noah's autograph book in the safe with our passports. We for got it (autograph book) last time.

What are your "must haves" for the trip? Ours are:
over the door shoe hanger for just about everything BUT shoes & small fan (wish I had remembered that last time!).

ansky922
05-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I have started at accumulate a small pile of things on the kitchen counter. Guess I should get a box to use. I don't want to forget anything! I already put Noah's autograph book in the safe with our passports. We for got it (autograph book) last time.

What are your "must haves" for the trip? Ours are:
over the door shoe hanger for just about everything BUT shoes & small fan (wish I had remembered that last time!).

:scratchin "must haves"
Door magnets I took the time to make them so I don't want to forget them.
Pirate costume, Oh yeah I am going to be paying it foward by mailing out some postcards for people so I don't want to forget there addresses.

Question? Your autograph book is that for the ship?

I wanted to decorate the cabin but so far The decorations are still not available. so I will keep trying.

Do we get more paperwork in the mail for the trip :confused3

Sorry I am just asking random questions that come into my head :blush:

noahsmom
05-24-2006, 01:17 PM
The autograph book is more for the WDW portion of the trip although the characters will sign autographs on board. In fact they have a big autograph session with all the princesses - much to the disgust of my ds!

The decorations are fun, on our last cruise embarkation day was dh's 40th so I ordered to birthday decorations. I also made a bunch of magnets that read "40" for the door. It did make our room easier to find. This time I have some photo post-it paper I found. I should start trying that soon!

Keep the questions coming!

jazzbran
05-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

We just booked and looking forward to a vacation. This will be our 5th, 7 day cruise. 2 Easterns & now our 3rd Western.

Family of 5 traveling. Wife, Husband, 2 daughters, ages 17 & 14. Both just had birthdays in May and my sister is also coming.

My girls have made so many friends on the previous cruises and they're anxiously awaiting this one. I love Capt'n Marvin-Stingray City/Cayman Isle and definitely looking forward to Palos.

Since finals are over, I know my daughter will be starting a teen thread soon, if she hasn't already.

See you soon.
Jackie

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc

ansky922
05-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Hello Everyone,

We just booked and looking forward to a vacation. This will be our 5th, 7 day cruise. 2 Easterns & now our 3rd Western.

Family of 5 traveling. Wife, Husband, 2 daughters, ages 17 & 14. Both just had birthdays in May and my sister is also coming.

My girls have made so many friends on the previous cruises and they're anxiously awaiting this one. I love Capt'n Marvin-Stingray City/Cayman Isle and definitely looking forward to Palos.

Since finals are over, I know my daughter will be starting a teen thread soon, if she hasn't already.

See you soon.
Jackie

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Welcome :banana: :cheer2:
The time is going so fast I can't wait :hourglass
It's my DS(6) first cruise so I am very excited for him hope he loves it as much as me and my DH does.
This will all be our first DCL cruise :cool1: :goodvibes

ansky922
06-01-2006, 09:04 AM
BUMP :Pinkbounc

ansky922
06-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Okay so in case anyone wants to know its coming soon
:cool1: :cheer2: :woohoo:

I have a question
what is the order of things like formal, semi formal, pirate night etc?

Just trying to get my packing list in order

:wave:

:hourglass

LasseKjus
06-01-2006, 01:02 PM
noahsmom, this is our fifth cruise. My wife and I did Disney Magic for our honeymoon in 2000. We did Norwegian Norway (eastern) in 2002 with her sister. We did Carnival Paradise (western) in 2003 by ourselves. We did Holland America Zuiderdam (eastern) in 2004 with the in-laws and my wife's sister and it was our daughter's first cruise (she was eight months). We did MSC Opera (eastern) last April with the same crew as above and now we finally return to Disney. We've been wanting to do Disney ever since, but there have been many reasons we haven't until now.

buzz2
06-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Just came home from a two week business trip. Welcome Patporter13! I have some catchin up to do. The cruise is coming fast!
Welcome Jazzbran!!

Ansky922 The Formal night on the Western is on Monday night, Pirate night is Wednsday night (same day as cozumel) and the Semi-Formal night is on Thursday night.

Now, I will have to start that packing box. And start getting things together.

thegales
06-03-2006, 07:46 AM
How about a recap of who is going:

2. thegales, his DW, DD (10) & DD (8) - from South Carolina (deck 6)
5. Noahsmom, (Kelli) her Dh & DS (8) - from Wisconsin, just outside of Madison
6. Montana Mouseketeer (Peggy) her Dh, DS (11) & DS (15) - from Montana
7. Ansky922, her DH & DS (6) - from Staten Island, NY
8. LasseKjus, his DW, DD(2++) and DD(3mo) and the in-laws - from Milwaukee, WI
9. patporter13, his DW, DD9, DD5 - Phoenix (deck 7)
10. Friends of patporter13: DH, DW, DD9, DS6 - Phoenix (deck 7)
11. jazzbran (Jackie), her DH, DD17, DD14, Sister of jazzbran
12. BTSEN5 (Tammie), DH, DS18, DS13, DS10 - from Virginia Beach

Did I miss anyone?

Six weeks from today we will be boarding the Magic!
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

thegales
06-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Just booked our reservation at the Radisson for the night before. Anyone else staying there and want to have a DIS mini meet?

And where do we want to meet on board? I am thinking 3:00 pm, deck 9 or 10 by the Mickey Pool. Any other thoughts on time and place?

:sail: :sail: :sail:

ansky922
06-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Just came home from a two week business trip. Welcome Patporter13! I have some catchin up to do. The cruise is coming fast!
Welcome Jazzbran!!

Ansky922 The Formal night on the Western is on Monday night, Pirate night is Wednsday night (same day as cozumel) and the Semi-Formal night is on Thursday night.

Now, I will have to start that packing box. And start getting things together.

Thank You. Just trying to make sure I pack what I need and not much more than that (more room for sovineers) :teeth:

BTSEN5
06-03-2006, 06:31 PM
My family is headed for the 7 night Western C. on July 15 also. This will be our first cruise and we are so excited. We are getting very antsy at this point. I have 3 sons. One is 18. He graduates this month, so this may be one of his last vacations with us. Our middle son is 13, but his birthday is July 13, so this is like a birthday gift for him. Our youngest son is 10. He is really excited about this.

I have not booked any excursions as of yet. I am a little confused as to what is best. I do not want to book things only to find out that we do not want to do them. I worry we may find out there is something else we would rather do.

Has anyone been to Hell? I cannot remember if it is on Cozumel or Grand Cayman. We are thinking of renting a car and going there. What do you all think of the place?

BTSEN5
06-03-2006, 06:34 PM
My DD and my DH both are excited about Pirates coming out then. :banana:
I have been wondering if they will have Pirates of the Carribean II on the ship. I am a big Johnny Depp fan, and thought they might have it. I was not sure if they would have new release movies shown or not.

BTSEN5
06-03-2006, 06:36 PM
ME!!! :o) Me (tammie), my hubby, and 3 boys ages 18, 13, and 10. We are from Virginia Beach.

ansky922
06-03-2006, 08:20 PM
ME!!! :o) Me (tammie), my hubby, and 3 boys ages 18, 13, and 10. We are from Virginia Beach.

Welcome :sunny: :welcome:

This is also our first cruise and everyone here is very helpful.
I just booked an excursion for Key West never been before.

My DS is 6 so I just want him to enjoy the ship and activities :artist:

Wasn't able to get palo's but will try when I get there.

Anyway welcome :sail: aboard hope you have a great trip

BTSEN5
06-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Welcome :sunny: :welcome:

Anyway welcome :sail: aboard hope you have a great trip

Thank you for the welcome. I am sure your 6 year old will have a great time. I hear that they have so much going on for the children that it is impossible for them to be bored.

I booked Palo for Monday night, but I hear it is actually best to wait until you board, because you have your dining schedule for the week then and can better decide which night you might want to go to Palo.

I can't wait for July 15. We have a busy month as our oldest is graduating from high school, so I know the time will fly, and it will be here before we know it. :woohoo:

Have fun with your preparation!!!

buzz2
06-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Welcome BTSEN5!! I'm sure they will have Pirates of the Caribean 2 on board during the cruise. Hopefully they will show it on the Jumbo Tron ,that would be cool. We saw the original pirates when it first came out on one of our last disney cruises. popcorn::

BTSEN5
06-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Welcome BTSEN5!! I'm sure they will have Pirates of the Caribean 2 on board during the cruise. Hopefully they will show it on the Jumbo Tron ,that would be cool. We saw the original pirates when it first came out on one of our last disney cruises. popcorn::

Thanks for the welcome. I just happened upon this board through a search engine. I am so thrilled that I did.

My boys will be so happy about seeing Pirates while onboard. Now, if only Johnny Depp would be there too, I would be on... :cloud9:

thegales
06-04-2006, 02:26 PM
So I have been doing some thinking (as my DW would say, always a dangerous thing).

Looking at past Navigators, Wednesday night has been a movie night (although the last Navigators (http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL-Navigator-Western-April/pages/western%20day%205a.htm) posted have Twice Charmed also on Wednesday night. This was due to a technical problem Tuesday night during the show) Wednesday is also Pirate Night, which starts at 9:45. So one thought would be to show Pirates of the Carribean II on the Dumbotron at 6:30 and 8:30 as the entertainment. Or it could be shown in the Walt Disney Theatre at those times, then everyone heads upstairs to the party.

Final thought is that they show PofCII on the Dumbtron after the Pirate Night party at 11:00 pm (as they showed the original PofC after Pirate Night on the Dumbotron April 12).

BTSEN5
06-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Well, whenever they choose to show it, I will be there. I do not plan on seeing it before the cruise, because I do not want to spoil the surprise. I do hope it is as great as the first one.

I am looking so forward to this trip. We were at the beach here today, and I could not help but think about the white sand and clear water in the Carribean. I cannot wait the 40 some days that we have to wait. :banana:

ansky922
06-04-2006, 08:48 PM
I cannot wait the 40 some days that we have to wait.
Quote by BTSEN5

I couldn't agree more :goodvibes :thumbsup2 :hourglass

noahsmom
06-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Welcome, welcome BTSEN5, the next 40 days will go by quickly. Sadly not as fast as July 15-22 will go by! We only have 35 days because we are going to WDW for 5 nights prior to the cruise!!

We should arrive at the port around 12:30. The towncar is picking us up at 11 and we have requested a grocery stop (beer!). So a 3:00 meet should work for us.

Isn't Cars coming out just before we sail? They may show that and POCII in the Walt Disney theatre.

BTSEN5
06-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Is anyone flying in the day of the cruise? We will be arriving in Orlando at about 10 am. I think they have people that meet and greet ya and take you to the bus to the Port. Has anyone ever experienced this?

I am kind of wishing we would have planned on coming down on Friday, but we are assured this will all work out just fine.

I am a total wreck when we fly, so I will hit a beer stop as soon as we land in Orlando. I will most definitely need to unwind.

Oh, I have an 18 year old. Is anyone coming with a child (well, adult) this age? I am hoping that he will have plenty to do since he is kind of in between the teen and adult activities they have onboard.

Have a great evening all. :wave2:

ansky922
06-04-2006, 09:20 PM
We are also coming in on 7/13. getting a towncar for 7/15 also (little surprise for DH,DS). :banana:

So is a 3:00 meet definite this will be my first one :blush:

My DS is 6 I am hoping he likes cruising and is able to meet someone his age also

noahsmom
06-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Ansky,

On our last cruise my ds was 6 and he loved it! The Oceaneer's club takes that age group over to the Oceaneer's lab a couple of times. He went over to make flubber and really had a great time. He's very excited about going to the Oceaneers lab this time!

thegales
06-04-2006, 10:09 PM
BTSEN5 - you should be okay flying down in the morning. If you booked through Disney, or purchased the DCL transfers, then there should be someone there to greet you. And they should pick up your luggage too, so you don't need to worry about it.

Since we are driving, I am thinking of getting a rolling cooler to bring some beverages, probably just beer and wine. And a great tip I just learned, the cooler is great for packing all those souvenirs and other miscellaneos things which did not get packed in the suitcases and put out in the hall on the last night . We found the drink station very easily accessable, whether we were on deck 8 or 2, so no need to bring the lemonade for the DDs. Although we may bring some bottles of sodas for our excursions.

Regarding a meet - how about deck 10, overlooking the Mickey Pool from the Starboard side (the side opposite from the Mickey Slide). Our family will be wearing matching t-shirts and at least I will be wearing a lime green dis lanyard. This is us (http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/43937DSC05805a-med.JPG) getting ready to board the Thanksgiving 2005 Wonder.

If anyone has any other thoughts or ideas for a meet, please feel free to suggest.

BTSEN5
06-05-2006, 08:17 AM
I am just wondering...since I just happened upon this site through a search engine, how did you find this, or is this a site through a travel company? I was just wondering, because many of you seem to be experienced travelers, and maybe have been conversing for quite some time.

The picture of your family in the matching yellow shirts is great. That is a wonderful idea. I do not think I am that coordinated to think of that, let alone get all to wear the same color.

I am hoping to have everyone bring a small carry on bag onto the plane, so we have plenty of room for souveniers and such. As far as drinks, are we able to bring drinks onto the ship? I did not think we could, but that is just me assuming.

Thanks for your help. Take care and make it a great day.

BTSEN5
06-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Okay, you all are going to get so tired of me. :blush:

I finally decided to go further into this website....would have been nice to do this before I posted the above post. I wish I had found this out sooner. It gives much more information than the Disney Cruise site that I have checked in on.

I will give you one question at a time. :) The Pirate night pirate: ...do we dress up for that .....as a pirate? My suitcases are going to be exploding if I add one more item on my list, and with 5 mighty pirates, wow!!!

I think I will bring one little black dress for the more formal evenings and Palo. Other than that, I will bring casual wear.

Thanks for your patience. :thumbsup2

thegales
06-05-2006, 10:03 AM
I am just wondering...since I just happened upon this site through a search engine, how did you find this, or is this a site through a travel company? I was just wondering, because many of you seem to be experienced travelers, and maybe have been conversing for quite some time.

I found this site before our first cruise, and mostly spent time in the Cruise section. A Cruise Meet thread was created, so we all had a great time chatting prior to the cruise. While we did not make any firm arrangements to do things with the other folks, we saw each other many times through out the cruise, and would sit together and share experiences of the day. There was also some 'group kid watching' while at the pool. While all the kids were in the pool, some adults were able to get away to get food (and drink!) or just a nice stroll around the ship.

Since I have been part of the dis, I have branched out into other areas, including the nightly chat at 9:00 US Eastern (by the way, Friday night is Cruise Chat). I have made some good friends on the dis, and have participated in dis meets outside of WDW / DCL.

At work, I wear my Lime Green DIS lanyard for my security badge. After a meeting with some work folks who I did not know, one approached me and asked who I was on the DIS, as he also participated.

Be careful, the DIS can become very addicting.

thegales
06-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Okay, you all are going to get so tired of me. :blush:

I finally decided to go further into this website....would have been nice to do this before I posted the above post. I wish I had found this out sooner. It gives much more information than the Disney Cruise site that I have checked in on.

I will give you one question at a time. :) The Pirate night pirate: ...do we dress up for that .....as a pirate? My suitcases are going to be exploding if I add one more item on my list, and with 5 mighty pirates, wow!!!

I think I will bring one little black dress for the more formal evenings and Palo. Other than that, I will bring casual wear.

Thanks for your patience. :thumbsup2

No worries on the questions. Please keep them coming. While some people may call us over compulsive planners, I think it makes sense to know what other people's experiences have been to be better planned. Nothing worse than finding out too late about something that you would have had an interest in.

Regarding Pirate Night. The DCL recommended dress code is Tropical or Pirate. We have gone with Tropical, but on the last cruise, the shops pulled out all the pirate gear during the day. DDs (and DW) then wanted to get into the spirit. We purchased some DCL related Pirate items for the DDs to wear. At a minimun, at dinner all guests get a bandana to wear (and it is really funny to see everyone in the restaurant wearing the bandana).

However, there are other folks who have gone much more into the Pirate theme, and have had the whole family dressed in Pirate gear. While there were not a lot of folks dressed this way, the ones who were dressed were definitely not out of place.

I think some folks also changed between dinner and the Pirate party to go much further into Pirate mode. There is contest during the party for the best costume and I saw a lot more Pirates at the party then at dinner.

With all that said, we will probably still go tropical for DW and myself, and the DDs more Pirate. We will also look to bring some glow in the dark stuff for the DDs for the party. And don't worry, if there is anything you forgot, Disney will be more than happy to sell it to you. ;)

BTSEN5
06-06-2006, 06:31 AM
[QUOTE=thegales]No worries on the questions. Please keep them coming. [QUOTE]

Thanks so much for all the information. I appreciate it.

I have 2 more questions. One is about excursions. I have yet to set up any. I am afraid that we will decide we want to do something else, so I thought I would wait till on the ship. Is this a wise decision? Are there plenty of things left to do at that point?

Second question, how much actual cash should we bring for going ashore? We will have a credit card of course, but I am not sure how widely accepted they are.

Thanks again. Happy planning. :cool1:

thegales
06-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I have 2 more questions. One is about excursions. I have yet to set up any. I am afraid that we will decide we want to do something else, so I thought I would wait till on the ship. Is this a wise decision? Are there plenty of things left to do at that point?

Second question, how much actual cash should we bring for going ashore? We will have a credit card of course, but I am not sure how widely accepted they are.

First question - first, take a look at the DCL offered excursions. See if there are any that interest you and if they are in your price range. If so, I would book them now. Then continue searching other posts and trip reports to see if there might be another excursion that you would want to do on your own. If you find something better, you can cancel the DCL excursion. I think the cancellation policy is a couple days before you sail, so make sure you do cancel by the appropriate time. If you wait until you board to book your excursion, you might find that the excursion you really want is full.

There are many opinions as to whether folks should do DCL excursions or your own. Some of my thoughts are:
-Pro to the DCL excursion is that you are guaranteed to make it back to the ship on time, and if the ship does not make a port, you will not be charged. Con is price and a very fixed schedule.
-Pro to your own excursion is that you have more options and flexibility. Con is there a slight risk that don't get back in time.

We have done both DCL and our own, depending on what island and what other excursions are avaiable. This trip we are doing three DCL excursions, but will plan on doing our own stuff at Key West after our DCL excursion.

Second question - highly dependent on the excursion. Most ports will except US dollars, so you should bring some cash. Also, not all places except credit cards. If DCL excursion, see what will cost extra, such as food or drink or souvenir photos (those photos will always get you).

noahsmom
06-07-2006, 02:53 PM
BTSEN5,

This is our 1st 7 night cruise so I chose to do DCL excursions. If we do another 7 nighter (I should probably say when), I might feel more comfortable booking my own. We do not have anything scheduled for Key West, I think we can do that on our own. Right now the Butterfly place and Aquarium on what we plan on doing.

Good question on the credit cards. We hardly ever carry cash anymore, glad you asked that one!

Keep the questions coming.

BTSEN5
06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
I have been reading so much on this board, I feel as though I have become obsessed with it. :) I think we are going to hold off on booking excursions at this point. My 18 year old says he just wants to "relax and enjoy." (Boy he is sounding like an adult....how did that happen?) We shall see how it goes. Nothing will ruin our vacation, so why not.

I am looking for a Pirate costume for my youngest son. I think I will have to order online because no one around here has any. I do not like to order online, but he is counting on this.

Thanks so much for all the information that has been given. It has been a great help. If only I could stop worrying about getting to the port on time. I have a fear of our plane being delayed or something since we are arriving the same day we sail. I need to get over that. We are scheduled to be in Orlando by 10, so it should give us plenty of time. Right? :crazy:

sillykidsmom
06-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Hello everyone,
I just stumbled onto this board and happy that I did. I posted on another site (cruise critic) looking for other fellow cruisers on this trip and I thought me and my family were the only ones. (yeah right) :rotfl:

Anyway I will be traveling with my DH, DS (8) and my DD (3). We did the 3 night Wonder trip last July and that was way too short. We are looking forward to the 7 night.

Looking forward to talking to ya'll.

sillykidsmom
06-07-2006, 09:40 PM
I have been reading so much on this board, I feel as though I have become obsessed with it. :) I think we are going to hold off on booking excursions at this point. My 18 year old says he just wants to "relax and enjoy." (Boy he is sounding like an adult....how did that happen?) We shall see how it goes. Nothing will ruin our vacation, so why not.

I am looking for a Pirate costume for my youngest son. I think I will have to order online because no one around here has any. I do not like to order online, but he is counting on this.

Thanks so much for all the information that has been given. It has been a great help. If only I could stop worrying about getting to the port on time. I have a fear of our plane being delayed or something since we are arriving the same day we sail. I need to get over that. We are scheduled to be in Orlando by 10, so it should give us plenty of time. Right? :crazy:

No worries about getting to the port on time. If you did your transfers through DCL you will not have a problem. If they are like any other cruise line they will wait only if you booked transfers with them. If you did not and your plane arrives on time it's about 45 minutes to the port. I live over in Tampa and when we cruise out of Port Canaveral we usually leave our house between 9am - 10am. It takes us about 2 1/2 hours to get there and knock on wood never had any problems then a slight back up on I-4. Hope this helps.

BTSEN5
06-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Hi SillyMK,

I just stumbled across this site about a week ago. Welcome. It is a wonderful forum with such kind and knowledgable people. I have learned so much, and I am better prepared for our cruise through these forums.

I will be traveling with DH, DS-18, DS-14, and DS-10. This will be our very first cruise, aside from the 2 night cruises to nowhere that leave from here occassionally.

I have made magnetic door signs for our room, as has been suggested on another post. They were so much fun to make. There are so many things you can do to make this a truly magical vacation. I would never have thought of them.

Have fun planning your cruise.

:Pinkbounc

PS. Thanks for the encouragment regarding the flight and transfers. I have been worried about this, so your input helps a lot.

noahsmom
06-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Welcome Sillykidsmom!!

You've come to the right place to learn lots of little tips to make the cruise more enjoyable. Feel free to ask any questions!

I also have a ds who's 8. If your ds would like to send a private message to my ds, just click on Noahsmom over on the left and you will get the private message option. Noah loves to "meet" other kids his age before getting on the ship!

thegales
06-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Just saw this on CNN:

Officials will choose a firm launch date for Discovery at the completion of a formal flight review next week -- the launch window runs from July 1 to July 19.

How cool would it be if they launched on July 15! If / when information comes out on this, I will let folks know. It might be worthwhile (if able) to change plans to see it.

sillykidsmom
06-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Welcome Sillykidsmom!!

You've come to the right place to learn lots of little tips to make the cruise more enjoyable. Feel free to ask any questions!

I also have a ds who's 8. If your ds would like to send a private message to my ds, just click on Noahsmom over on the left and you will get the private message option. Noah loves to "meet" other kids his age before getting on the ship!

Thank you. Zach (my DS) will be at summer camp until 6/19. Once he gets back, for a few days anyway, I will have him send Noah a message. He has a crazy summer schedule with camp and he's on the All-Star team for his baseball league.

Question? My husband and I just got back from a RCCL cruise. I talked to people on the boards prior and we all met up for what they call a meet and mingle. Does Disney have something like this or do we chat on the boards and see who wants to meet up with one another? We met alot of great people and we are trying to plan a cruise next May with them all.

Please keep the tips coming :sunny:

sillykidsmom
06-08-2006, 06:37 PM
I have been wondering if they will have Pirates of the Carribean II on the ship. I am a big Johnny Depp fan, and thought they might have it. I was not sure if they would have new release movies shown or not.

As of now it does not look like they will be playing Pirates of the Caribbean II. My hubby called Disney and as of now it looks like Cars, Sky High, Glory Road, Shaggy Dog & 8 Below. The cast member did tell him that it is subject to change. Last year on our cruise they played Sky High and it wasn't even in theaters yet. We just need to keep our fingers crossed and hope they will play it. (at least on Pirate night)

noahsmom
06-08-2006, 06:46 PM
We've been watching for shuttle launch announcements ever since they said it would be in July. It would be so great to see that, even if it was from WDW.

Sillykidsmom, Noah will be happy to hear from Zach. Also there is no formal meet and greet, however Thegales has suggested that those of us posting on this thread meet on deck 10 starboard (this is above the Mickey pool) at 3:00 (before the lifeboat drill). I think this is all correct. There is a post about this a page or two back.

BTSEN5
06-08-2006, 06:47 PM
As of now it does not look like they will be playing Pirates of the Caribbean II.

Maybe they are just saying that so obsessed people like me will spend their hard earned money on opening weekend instead of waiting until the cruise. popcorn::

noahsmom
06-08-2006, 06:50 PM
I got some pirate gear today! I decided agains an entire costume for ds since I doubt he'll ever wear it again and because I think it would be incredibly hot on the ship! For ds I hope to purchase a pirates of the caribbean t-shirt while in WDW to go along with his cool new pirate hat, hand hook, eye patch and earring. For dh he has a head band and earring, I plan on getting pirate mickey ears while at WDW.

I can't believe we leave in a month!!!! :banana:

ansky922
06-08-2006, 07:14 PM
I got some pirate gear today! I decided agains an entire costume for ds since I doubt he'll ever wear it again and because I think it would be incredibly hot on the ship! For ds I hope to purchase a pirates of the caribbean t-shirt while in WDW to go along with his cool new pirate hat, hand hook, eye patch and earring. For dh he has a head band and earring, I plan on getting pirate mickey ears while at WDW.

I can't believe we leave in a month!!!! :banana:

I borrowed a pirate costume for my DSand I have a pirate looking t-shirt for DH.
Questions could DH wear jean shorts that night or is that to casual???

So is that time at 3:00 a definite

ansky922
06-08-2006, 07:20 PM
I have been away so let me just say

Welcome Sillykidsmom :wave2:

I have found so many interesting things on this site and every day that we get closer the more excited I get. We have cruised before but never DCL and this will be my DS 6 first ever cruise..

Also I know things are getting closer I received my magical express stickers in the mail today :cheer2: :banana: We are coming in on 7/13 staying at the CB

sillykidsmom
06-08-2006, 08:59 PM
I borrowed a pirate costume for my DSand I have a pirate looking t-shirt for DH.
Questions could DH wear jean shorts that night or is that to casual???

So is that time at 3:00 a definite

My husband has the Captain Jack costume from Disney that he wore for Halloween last year. I can't convince him to wear it on pirate night though. We have a few things that we bought last year for pirate night that I will have to remember to pack. That was such a fun evening, but it started so late that our DD got a little cranky. I went back to our cabin with her and I watched the fireworks from our balcony. My DH & DS stayed and enjoyed themselves.

sillykidsmom
06-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Does anyone know how to attach pictures to these posts? I would love to share some pictures of our cruise last year. Thanks

BTSEN5
06-08-2006, 09:37 PM
I went back to our cabin with her and I watched the fireworks from our balcony. My DH & DS stayed and enjoyed themselves.

Fireworks on the ship? This just keeps getting better. I went on a field trip with my son's class today, and I took all of my Disney information; I don't know why, but I started to get tears in my eyes as I was reading about it. I think I will be so emotional that first day.

I remember going to Disney World about 8 years ago,and I cried during the parade. It is magical, how Disney does things. I think that feeling will come back to me as we sail away on the 15th.

What are the ages of the children represented here thus far? I have 3 boys....18 (technically not a child), 14, and 10. We should start seeing more here as the date approaches, don't ya think?

BTSEN5
06-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know how to attach pictures to these posts? I would love to share some pictures of our cruise last year. Thanks

I wish I could help you, but I am lucky to be able to get a message posted. I wish I could do half of the stuff that others have done on here. I think I read somewhere that you have to first put them in a photobucket...not exactly sure what that is, but I was reading that on another post. :confused3

thegales
06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Time for another recap!!

1. buzz2, his DW, DS13, DD9 & 7 cousins - from Wallingford,Ct
2. thegales, his DW, DD10 & DD8 - from South Carolina (deck 6)
5. Noahsmom, (Kelli) her DH & DS8 - from Wisconsin, just outside of Madison
6. Montana Mouseketeer (Peggy) her Dh, DS11 & DS15 - from Montana
7. Ansky922, her DH & DS6 - from Staten Island, NY
8. LasseKjus, his DW, DD2++ and DD3mo and the in-laws - from Milwaukee, WI
9. patporter13, his DW, DD9, DD5 - Phoenix (deck 7)
10. Friends of patporter13: DH, DW, DD9, DS6 - Phoenix (deck 7)
11. jazzbran (Jackie), her DH, DD17, DD14, Sister of jazzbran
12. BTSEN5 (Tammie), DH, DS18, DS13, DS10 - from Virginia Beach
13. sillykidsmom, DH, DS8 and my DD3 - Tampa, FL
14. jonida3, her DH,DS12, DS10, and DS8

Any corrections, please let me know.

We are thinking of having a dis meet on Saturday at 3:00 pm on deck 10 starboard, looking over the Mickey Pool. If there are any other recommendations, please don't be shy. We will probably be near the Mickey Pool most of the afternoon. We usually skip lunch (or bring it to the pool) and let the girls have fun.

I would also like to offer to have a meet at the Radisson Hotel if anyone is staying there Friday night.

thegales
06-08-2006, 10:59 PM

sillykidsmom, do you have the pictures on the internet or just on your hard drive? If on the internet, you can put a link in a post, or if you put [ img ] before, and [/ img ] after the web address. If only on your hard drive, you must load them onto the internet first. Some people use Photobucket; I happen to use the disboards host of wdwinfo.com. I normally don't post all my pictures, but only the ones I want to share. Once they are posted on the internet, you can then put a link or the image into your post. There are some icons right above where you type when entering a post to assist.

I have heard you need a certain number of posts prior to being able to post links or images, but I am not certain of this.

Attached is a link (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4886029#post4886029) which has a much better description of what I have attempted to write.

sillykidsmom
06-09-2006, 08:37 AM
Fireworks on the ship? This just keeps getting better. I went on a field trip with my son's class today, and I took all of my Disney information; I don't know why, but I started to get tears in my eyes as I was reading about it. I think I will be so emotional that first day.

I remember going to Disney World about 8 years ago,and I cried during the parade. It is magical, how Disney does things. I think that feeling will come back to me as we sail away on the 15th.

What are the ages of the children represented here thus far? I have 3 boys....18 (technically not a child), 14, and 10. We should start seeing more here as the date approaches, don't ya think?

I hope I didn't ruin the surprise! I get tears in my eyes when I see my kids facial expressions. Zachary is 8 and will be 9 a week after the cruise. Savannah is 3 and will turning 4 the day we get off the ship. Did I mention I can't wait any longer!!!!!

sillykidsmom
06-09-2006, 08:49 AM
TheGales
Thank you so much for your post regarding uploading pictures. You are right that you have to have so many posts before you can upload photos. Oh well I guess I have to go post happy all around these boards to earn my status. :woohoo: Thanks again. Hope everyone has a great day!

BTSEN5
06-09-2006, 10:05 AM
How long does it take to earn my ears? For now, I will continue to :surfweb: on DIS

BTSEN5
06-09-2006, 03:41 PM
I have read on another thread that one family had alcohol served to their sons ( age 17 and 20) on a Magic cruise they went on recently. I know that the drinking age is 21, but have any of you all heard of this happening from other cruisers. This was done at free alcohol events and KTTW card charges. Just curious.

My 18 year old is aware that the drinking age is 18 in Cozumel, thanks to his pediatrician, but I don't want him to be able to drink on the cruise at all. Is there an age on the KTTW card?

Thanks

sillykidsmom
06-09-2006, 04:17 PM
I have read on another thread that one family had alcohol served to their sons ( age 17 and 20) on a Magic cruise they went on recently. I know that the drinking age is 21, but have any of you all heard of this happening from other cruisers. This was done at free alcohol events and KTTW card charges. Just curious.

My 18 year old is aware that the drinking age is 18 in Cozumel, thanks to his pediatrician, but I don't want him to be able to drink on the cruise at all. Is there an age on the KTTW card?

Thanks

The only thing I noticed on he KTTW was that it said Adult or Child. They could have changed since last year though. I'm sure your son's card will say adult since he's 18. Plus if you don't give your son charging privilages with his KTTW card that will solve the problem right there. I know that Disney follows a strict policy with underage drinking. I got carded last year on our Disney cruise! (that's ok by me though :sunny: ) All cruise lines except Royal Caribbean enforce the drinking age at 21. Royal Caribbean lets 18-20 drink wine & beer if their parents sign a waiver. I would call Disney cruise line and inquire about how they distiguish (sp) who is 21 and over just for a little peace of mind. Hope this helps.

jonida3
06-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Hello all! I am so excited about our cruise and can't believe 5 weeks from now I will be on board the ship! There will be five of us, me and DH and 3 DS, ages 12, 10 and 8. We did a 3 night cruise/ 4 day land 3 years ago and have been planning this cruise ever since. I can't believe I have waited this late to get on the boards and to start booking shore trips - hope I am not too late!

I have one quick question, my 12 year old son is not too excited about being with the little kids, but he is too young for the teen room - is there anything in between?

I'll sign off now and go back to reading the boards - so much good information!

ansky922
06-10-2006, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=jonida3]Hello all! I am so excited about our cruise and can't believe 5 weeks from now I will be on board the ship! There will be five of us, me and DH and 3 DS, ages 12, 10 and 8. We did a 3 night cruise/ 4 day land 3 years ago and have been planning this cruise ever since. I can't believe I have waited this late to get on the boards and to start booking shore trips - hope I am not too late!

I have one quick question, my 12 year old son is not too excited about being with the little kids, but he is too young for the teen room - is there anything in between?

Just a little hi to welcome you aboard :wave2:
Alot of interesting things that you will learn I know I did.
My DS is 6 and its his first cruise on DCL . So we are all very excited :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3:

BTSEN5
06-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Hello all! I am so excited about our cruise and can't believe 5 weeks from now I will be on board the ship!

Welcome to the boards!! I am glad you came. :wave:

thegales
06-10-2006, 10:12 PM
This was done at free alcohol events and KTTW card charges.
Not to make light of underage drinking, but where were these free alcohol events?!? The only one I know of was the Castaway Club reception. Have I been missing something? ;)

BTSEN5
06-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Not to make light of underage drinking, but where were these free alcohol events?!? The only one I know of was the Castaway Club reception. Have I been missing something? ;)

Not sure about this either, as I have never been on a Disney cruise. I think I saw wine tasting events etc on one of the posted navigators. Maybe that is what they meant. I am hoping I find these events before my son does. I guess I will just HAVE to be there to be sure he does not show up. Bummer, eh? :dance3:

sillykidsmom
06-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Hello all! I am so excited about our cruise and can't believe 5 weeks from now I will be on board the ship! There will be five of us, me and DH and 3 DS, ages 12, 10 and 8. We did a 3 night cruise/ 4 day land 3 years ago and have been planning this cruise ever since. I can't believe I have waited this late to get on the boards and to start booking shore trips - hope I am not too late!

Glad to see you found us over here.

BTSEN5
06-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I saw an interesting question on another thread that I thought I would ask here. Do you think that being on these boards takes away some of the magic of the cruise?

This is more for experienced cruisers. I thought about this before I read the thread, and I worried that I may know too much now. If you read these boards before your cruise, do feel that it took some of the surprise and excitement from the journey?

At this point, I feel that it has made the wait so exciting. It has given me some things to do, to think about, and to prepare for, that I would not have known had I not found these boards.

I think it will take the surprise out of things like the sound of the horn or the fact that our names are announced as we board, but I think it will help in knowing the ship a little better before we board, and to know the ins and outs of going ashore, shopping,and general everyday cruise activities. We shall see.

ansky922
06-11-2006, 03:11 PM
I saw an interesting question on another thread that I thought I would ask here. Do you think that being on these boards takes away some of the magic of the cruise?

This is more for experienced cruisers. I thought about this before I read the thread, and I worried that I may know too much now. If you read these boards before your cruise, do feel that it took some of the surprise and excitement from the journey?

At this point, I feel that it has made the wait so exciting. It has given me some things to do, to think about, and to prepare for, that I would not have known had I not found these boards.

I think it will take the surprise out of things like the sound of the horn or the fact that our names are announced as we board, but I think it will help in knowing the ship a little better before we board, and to know the ins and outs of going ashore, shopping,and general everyday cruise activities. We shall see.

I am new to these boards and all the info I read about has made me more excited. :banana: :cheer2:
And it has prepared me for things I wouldn't have normally done ex Door magnets, pillow cases etc. I just can't wait to see my DS reaction to all of it that will be my surprise :cloud9:

BTSEN5
06-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I am new to these boards and all the info I read about has made me more excited. :banana: :cheer2:
And it has prepared me for things I wouldn't have normally done ex Door magnets, pillow cases etc. I just can't wait to see my DS reaction to all of it that will be my surprise :cloud9:

I cannot wait to see my boys reactions to everything. I try not to tell any details I am learning. I will enjoy the looks on their faces, the gasps and the twinkle that will constantly be in their eyes on this 7 night cruise.

I made the door magnets, and I am going to try to place them on the door before any of them get to the stateroom. I think it will add such a personal touch,and they will be so surprised.

BTSEN5
06-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I have a couple of questions yet again. I just got on the disney reservation site and looked up the Dolphin Encounter. It looks like it is available. Earlier it was not. I was wondering about this. It is pretty much an all day thing (9-5:30). What do you all know about it? Is it worth the money it costs? Will I have chance of getting it booked while on the ship?

The other question is about the tour of the Grand Cayman Island. My DH would like to visit Hell. I see that is available. I was planning on getting a Taxi or something and just doing this ourselves, but after looking at Google Earth, I see nothing in Grand Cayman, and may wish I set up the excursion. What are your thoughts on this. Is this something that I may be able to set up on the ship? They offer 2 different excursions, so I am thinking that maybe they will not be booked right off the bat.

One of the big problems I have is that our 18 year old is wishy washy about the excursions, so I don't want to set up things that are not going to be enjoyed. Another thing that makes this whole thing more difficult is that we have 2 separate reservations, due to the fact that we have 2 staterooms. This makes it a little scary setting up excursions, because I have to do 2 separate transactions.

I am sorry, I think I have started rambling. :blush: Thanks for all your help everyone. I appreciate it so very much. :grouphug:

sillykidsmom
06-11-2006, 07:04 PM
I have a couple of questions yet again. I just got on the disney reservation site and looked up the Dolphin Encounter. It looks like it is available. Earlier it was not. I was wondering about this. It is pretty much an all day thing (9-5:30). What do you all know about it? Is it worth the money it costs? Will I have chance of getting it booked while on the ship?

The other question is about the tour of the Grand Cayman Island. My DH would like to visit Hell. I see that is available. I was planning on getting a Taxi or something and just doing this ourselves, but after looking at Google Earth, I see nothing in Grand Cayman, and may wish I set up the excursion. What are your thoughts on this. Is this something that I may be able to set up on the ship? They offer 2 different excursions, so I am thinking that maybe they will not be booked right off the bat.

One of the big problems I have is that our 18 year old is wishy washy about the excursions, so I don't want to set up things that are not going to be enjoyed. Another thing that makes this whole thing more difficult is that we have 2 separate reservations, due to the fact that we have 2 staterooms. This makes it a little scary setting up excursions, because I have to do 2 separate transactions.

I am sorry, I think I have started rambling. :blush: Thanks for all your help everyone. I appreciate it so very much. :grouphug:

If you really want to do the Dolphin Encounter I would book it while you can. I would not wait until you got on the ship. To have it come back open is rare. I'm assuming your booking this in Cozumel? It has become an all day excusion since the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel is no longer there due to hurricane Wilma and you actually have to go to the mainland of Mexico. My husband and I did this excusion in September (before Wilma) and it was only a 4 hour excusion since it was right there in Cozumel. To me it was well worth the money. We actually paid the extra to swim with Dolphins. (not sure if that's part of your excusion) We were just in Cozumel in May and it was sad to see the destruction. Things we did the last time we were there were just gone. :sad2: As for this time we opted for the Cozumel Beach Break since we have the kids with us this time.

Grand Cayman. I personally love Grand Cayman. It's such a beautiful island. You can shop in peace with out anyone begging you to come into their shops unlike Cozumel. We are going to do the Island Tour and Butterfly Farm. This makes stops at the Turtle Farm, "Hell", the Butterfly Farm and then to the Rum factory. My husband and I have been to the Turtle Farm and Hell but the kids have not. We thought the would enjoy it like we did.

Because Savannah is only 3 we are very limited in what we can do.

Not sure if I helped or not because I rambled on and on. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. :cool1:

buzz2
06-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi all, On the free drinks, besides the the Castoway party, I believe there are free drinks for a short period of time at the Captains Galla.I think that is were we had them on our last 2 cruises.
We have done the Dolphin Encounter twice, and enjoyed it very much each time. This time we are to the Stingrays in Grand Caymens.
We are staying at the Motel 6 the night before this time, not the Radison, we won't be in until about 9pm, and I could not pass up the $59 room rate.
We will try to make the 3 pm meet, but have family arriving about that time and I will have had my 100th shrimp by then, and will need to run up those stairs for exercise.

thegales
06-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi all, On the free drinks, besides the the Castoway party, I believe there are free drinks for a short period of time at the Captains Galla.I think that is were we had them on our last 2 cruises
We will try to make the 3 pm meet, but have family arriving about that time and I will have had my 100th shrimp by then, and will need to run up those stairs for exercise.

Makes note to attend Captains Gala :drinking1 party: :thumbsup2

buzz2 - we will probably be in the vicinity of the Mickey Pool all afternoon. Look for two crazy girls in the pool, and you will probably see two crazy parents near by. If we miss you then, I usually am on deck 10 for the sail away party. The rest of the family is down on the dance floor, but I like taping the activities, and waving to the CM's at the terminal with my Mickey hand. (I used to have two Mickey hands, but have lost one somewhere along the way).

noahsmom
06-12-2006, 10:29 AM
Tell me more about the Captains Gala - this doesn't sound familiar to me.

Less than a month away!!!!!!!!! :Pinkbounc

thegales
06-12-2006, 09:31 PM
It took some digging, but I found it! On Monday, which is Formal night, there is the Captain's Welcome Reception. In our October 2004 Navigator, it has the description "Enjoy a coctail with the officers of the Disney Magic as our formal evening begins in the Lobby Atrium, Decks 3 & 4. We also extend an invitation for an exclusive photo opportunity to meet Captain Tom Forberg on Deck 3, midship." The recent Navigators only have "You're invited to meet Captain Tom Forberg as you mingle with the officers of the Disney Magic".

One would think this would be the same night as the Captain's Gala menu, but that is on Thursday, semi-formal night. It does not appear that there are any other activities on Thursday to make it a gala. Very odd.

thegales
06-12-2006, 09:47 PM

jonida3, the kids groups are broken down by ages. Ages 3-4 and 5-7 are generally in the Oceaneer Club. Ages 8-9 and 10-12 are generally in the Oceaneer Lab. So, you would have one son in the 8-9, and two in the 10-12. Even though the two groups are in the same room, they each have their own activites.

Have your DS12 look at the Navigator (http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/DCL-Navigator-Eastern-Dec/pages/4691110-12_1.htm) for that age group to see if there are activities he would like. Remember, he can pick and choose which activities he wants to participate.

If there is nothing there of interest, and he is an almost 13, he may be able to be moved up. Talk to the councelors to see what you might be able to do.

noahsmom
06-13-2006, 01:55 PM
I was just reading the "what do you think is a waste of money" thread and I had no idea that there was an arcade on the ship. This will be our 3rd cruise and I didn't know that. Does anyone know where it is and how they charge for it? I would like to keep DS away from it, he is easily addicted to them.

suziq14
06-13-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi Everybody! Don't sail without us! We'll be on Magic 7/15 also. I just found DIS. I usually check in over at Cruise Critic and that's how I found all of you. I was trying to remain calm until the kids were out of school and it was closer but 31 days and counting and we're getting excited!
It's me, my DH, and 2 DS, ages 11 and 8. I saw many of you have kids around the same ages.
I love all the tips and hints I've been picking up but just one question.... What is the magnetic board for the door for? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I've only read about half of all the posts here and I'm sure it's explained somewhere but...oh well!
Just wanted to say "hi" and can't wait! :banana:

BTSEN5
06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi Everybody! Don't sail without us! We'll be on Magic 7/15 also. I just found DIS. I usually check in over at Cruise Critic and that's how I found all of you. I was trying to remain calm until the kids were out of school and it was closer but 31 days and counting and we're getting excited!
It's me, my DH, and 2 DS, ages 11 and 8. I saw many of you have kids around the same ages.
I love all the tips and hints I've been picking up but just one question.... What is the magnetic board for the door for? Sorry if that's a dumb question. I've only read about half of all the posts here and I'm sure it's explained somewhere but...oh well!
Just wanted to say "hi" and can't wait! :banana:

Hi Suziq14,

Welcome to the boards. :wave: I too am getting extremely excited. My 14 year old just made a paper chain to count the days to the cruise. I wish I could rip them all off and it would be here.

I am a new Dis er too. I have gotten many ideas and tips also. One thing was the magnetic boards. They are to put on your door...to personalize it. Office Max, Walmart and such have the magnetic sheets. They are pretty expensive,but I really did not care. I have 4 sheets. One says something to the effect of "Celebrating on the Magic," the other has the little mickey ears with names etc. I have one for my middle son for his birthday, and the last one is one to celebrate my oldest son's graduation from high school. Now I still have to make one for my 10 year old son. I am just trying to figure out what I should do.

I read that the sheets are for ink jet printers only, so I ended up glueing everything to the sheet. I did not want to mess up my laser printer. They still look great.

Anyway, welcome. We are getting so close!!! :woohoo: