PDA

View Full Version : What's changed from May 2005 on the Magic?

Land-and-Sea
01-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey all. I'm now halfway between cruises as the next one is coming up in June. Thinking about it made me wonder what changes there have been on the Magic (or DCL in general) since the last time we were on. So, what's new? I understand the Magic was in drydock a few months back...any big changes? Also, what's up with Palo reservations? I hear its all online now, true?

Thanks!

nzdisneymom
01-03-2006, 09:40 AM
I know that they expanded the Spa, so the Bridge tours are no longer offered. And there is now The Stack on Deck 11 where the ESPN was - The Stack is for Teens. And on Deck 2, there is "Ocean Quest" which I never got to see but is for the 'tweens (10 - 14 y.o.'s).

rgroves
01-03-2006, 02:46 PM
There is a Jumbo-tron TV on the stack above the Goffy Pool (mid ship). You can see if perfectly clear in bright sunlight.

All the carpet was replaced in the ship.

The Gym area was enlarged to cover over the bridge. All new equipment in the gym. The Spa itself added two new rooms with couples massage tables, hot tubs on private decks, and double-wide lounge chairs on the deck.

The Walt Disney Theater added more sound and lighing equipment. The control booth now extends out 3 rows from the rear of the theater in the center.

There is a new food service are on the pool deck. Goofy's Galley, They server Wraps, Salads, Panini sandwiches, and fruit. THe Ice cream is now Self-serve right next door.

Pinochio's Pizza is re-vamped with pizza made in front of you and baked right there. They also server the same hot-dogs, and hamburgers, but added Brats and other stuff.

Topsiders breakfast - The made to order Omlets process has changed. You go up, place your order and they give you a number and ask where you're sitting. When it's ready they bring it to you at your table.

Dining schedules are slightly different. There are 6 dinner times now. 6, 6:15, and 6:30, then 8, 8:15, and 8:30. Your dining schedule is in your stateroom and hte eat at the same time each night, with the usual restaraunt rotation. We had the 8:30 seating for all of our meals. While it was late, it makes moving around Decks 3 and 4 much easier. Especially with photos beign taken before and after dinner seatings. The later seating made it easy to catch the pre-dinner show and then get ready to eat rather than get ready to eat, sit for a hour in the show and then rush to dinner to force your wat through the crowds.

Land-and-Sea
01-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Excellent! Just the detailed info I needed. Thanks guys.

MrsJobba1
01-04-2006, 06:51 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for some brilliant info !

:goodvibes