PDA

View Full Version : June 1, 2006--Wonder Cruise!

wishgiver7
01-03-2006, 04:41 AM
HI!!! It's my first DCL cruise (and my first cruise since 1991). Me and my best friend are both 19 years old..we are traveling together and we're Cat 9 passengers. anyone else going on this 3 night cruise???

any pointers/tips for some first timers..and being 19 yrs old??

wishgiver7
01-03-2006, 11:44 PM
bump!!!

Good4chunns
03-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Wishgiver wer are there with you. my wonderful family DW, DD, and DS are excited aobut our first ever crusie as well. Sorry no tips from us. Not many have posted about this June 1st trip on this site. I'm a little concerned. Should I be?

kidzluvwdw
03-06-2006, 02:25 PM
We are also on the June 1st cruise and have been surprised there have been no threads on it. Thanks for starting one. I can't help much, because this is our first cruise - we are dh, dm, dd, ds and dmil - booked in two cat 11 cabins. I'm looking forward to hearing from others on our cruise. :thumbsup2

Good4chunns
03-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Welcome aboard kidzluv. Looks like you've got a big crew traveling with you. We are staying at POR riverside before heading out for our cruise. We haven't been back to WDW since 2000 millineum celebration. We are watching the video of that trip as I type. So excited.

kidzluvwdw
03-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Thank you Good4chunns. We are staying at POFQ beforehand and doing 4 days in the parks (can't wait to do EE :cool1: ) and one day in a water park - probably BB. How are you getting to the dock for the cruise? We are doing a one day car rental. I figured it will be less expensive for the 5 of us.

Good4chunns
03-09-2006, 11:55 AM
We have arranged our trip with a Travel agent. From reading other post on this site this can be a good thing and this can be a bad thing. With that said. I am thinking that all of our transfers have been taken care of. Disney is to pick us up at the airport and transfer us magically to WDW. We are under the impression that the same applies for our transfer to the port. And then from the port back to Orlando Int. Airport. I'm getting a little feaked out now but I'm sure it'll all work out.

Have you booked any of the excursions? And is it true that Palo does not do the brunch on 3 night cruises? Still curious as to why others have not responded to this thread but I'm not going to take it personally.

kidzluvwdw
03-10-2006, 02:59 PM
We have not booked any excursions yet. We might stay on the boat during the Nasau stop. I hear that is a good time to do things on the boat. With nobody speaking out on going on this cruise, maybe they are less than capacity and therefore, we can get an upgrade!! :thumbsup2
I don't know about the brunch - sorry. We are not planning on dining at Palo's. We've got enough clothes to pack for a 12 day trip, let alone any halfway nice clothes for Palo's. Plus I've read mixed reviews about Palo's. But I am thinking about booking the Rasul Steam bath :rolleyes1
Have a great weekend!

Disneynut1955
03-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone! My name is David. My wife (Monica) and I will be on this cruise. We were on the Wonder in January (our first 3 night cruise) and had a lot of fun so we are returning for another 3 night in June. We hope to learn a little about everyone prior to sailing. We are off to Hawaii next week so we will be unable to post for a week or so. Maybe we can arrange a DIS meet during the sail-away party?

Good4chunns
03-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Disneynut, you're killing me. Like I said earlier this is our first ever cruise(Disney or otherwise). The Chunn's are a wonderful family of four from Fort Worth Texas. DW just turned 40 this January and is one hot mama. DD is 12 and DS is 11 and both are extremely excited about the trip. We last visited the Magic Kingdom in 00 for the Milenium Celebration when they were 5 and 6. It was magical. Something special took place everyday at the happiest place on earth. our stay was much too short then, so about 3 years ago we promised to return for a longer stay. It's taken us that long to save up.

We'd love to get together and take a peek at that Disney suite.

Hang loose bro,

Good4chunns
03-26-2006, 12:50 AM
come on people, are you kidding me? this is all that's on board? Oh boy, reservations should not be a problem for any excursion. I wonder if they'll upgrade me?

Seriously I read somewhere that the disney dining plan is out for cruise package holders. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Disneynut1955
03-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Disneynut, you're killing me. Like I said earlier this is our first ever cruise(Disney or otherwise). The Chunn's are a wonderful family of four from Fort Worth Texas. DW just turned 40 this January and is one hot mama. DD is 12 and DS is 11 and both are extremely excited about the trip. We last visited the Magic Kingdom in 00 for the Milenium Celebration when they were 5 and 6. It was magical. Something special took place everyday at the happiest place on earth. our stay was much too short then, so about 3 years ago we promised to return for a longer stay. It's taken us that long to save up.

We'd love to get together and take a peek at that Disney suite.

Hang loose bro,

We are back from Hawaii! We had a great time but I really enjoy the Disney cruises more than regular vacations. You are free to come and check out the room, however, we have a Cat. 2 on this cruise (not a Disney suite). If everyone wants to get together for a sailaway party, drinks are on me!

jpa1121
03-26-2006, 06:30 PM
we're on this one: Myself, DH, DD (6), DS (4), my dad & stepmom. First time for all of us on DCL. First cruise ever for my kids but 2nd for DH, dad and stepmom, and 3rd for me. My kids are so excited they talk about going on the "Big Boat with Micky Mouse" almost every day.

kidzluvwdw
03-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Well it's good to hear from a few more on our cruise. We are so excited, this is our first cruise as well. I have a dd 13 and ds11 (turning 12 during the cruise). I guess my main question is what excursions do you all have booked?

Good4chunns
03-28-2006, 04:47 PM
welcome aboard jpa. You guys should have a blast. My kids were the same age when we made our first trip to WDW. I would think that the cruise experience would be even better for the little ones.

No excursions booked just yet. My DD and DS are interested in the dolphin encounter and DW is interested doing the least amount of activity as possible.

SplashMountainManiac
03-29-2006, 09:24 PM
This will be my and my parents first cruise(I am a ds 16) and we can't wait. Sure looks like its going to be one quiet cruise. We haven't booked any excursions. We're just planning on checking things out this time.

Good4chunns
03-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Welcome aboard Splash! WE are less than two months away, doing the happy dance now. Finished all our ADR's yesterday for the days we are at the World. Does anyone else use the passporter for planning? Got out every Disney movie we owned and started the marathon till departure day. DD and I watched the extra DVD of Snow White. I know the mouse started it all but that young lady was pretty important throughout the decades. The boy and I are watching the Incredibles this morning before going to school. In desperate need of this vacation.

disneypoor
03-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Oh my goodness! I am so excited to see that the Wonder really is cruising June 1st! I've been watching for someone to post with this date since last July! This will be our first cruise. It will be myself, my husband, my daughter, my son, and a close family friend.

We have already booked our excursions. We're doing Atlantis (through Comfort Suites) on our Nassau day, and we are parasailing and doing the family getaway package on our Castaway Cay day.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please let me know. My daughter is turning 11 in a couple of weeks, and my son just turned 8 yesterday. I was beginning to think that we might be having the ship all to ourselves! :confused3

By the way, I should also let all of you know that my husband thinks that I have a Disney sickness! I'm constantly reading threads on this board, and I just can't seem to get enough Disney! LOL! :)
Susan

Disneynut1955
03-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Oh my goodness! I am so excited to see that the Wonder really is cruising June 1st! I've been watching for someone to post with this date since last July! This will be our first cruise. It will be myself, my husband, my daughter, my son, and a close family friend.

We have already booked our excursions. We're doing Atlantis (through Comfort Suites) on our Nassau day, and we are parasailing and doing the family getaway package on our Castaway Cay day.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please let me know. My daughter is turning 11 in a couple of weeks, and my son just turned 8 yesterday. I was beginning to think that we might be having the ship all to ourselves! :confused3

By the way, I should also let all of you know that my husband thinks that I have a Disney sickness! I'm constantly reading threads on this board, and I just can't seem to get enough Disney! LOL! :)
Susan

If I may ask, what are the ages of your children? My wife and I did the Atlantis thing on our cruise in January (by booking a room at Comfort Suites) and did not enjoy it. Just our opinion, but thought I might pass it along and answer any questions you may have.

homespun
04-01-2006, 03:34 PM
We're on the Wonder June 1st too. There are three of us total, DH, DS (11) and myself. It would be great for DS to meet others before the cruise. Anyone have boys 10-12 that want to write or email eachother before cruising?

We're doing a land/sea pkg and staying at the Polyn. It's always been my dream to stay there and the cruise is the icing on the cake. Can't believe it's just 2 months away.

Karen

83 Honeymoon DTD Hotel
85 DTD
88 DTD
91 DTD
94 DTD
97 CBR
03 POR
06 Polynesian/Wonder

homespun
04-01-2006, 03:37 PM
If I may ask, what are the ages of your children? My wife and I did the Atlantis thing on our cruise in January (by booking a room at Comfort Suites) and did not enjoy it. Just our opinion, but thought I might pass it along and answer any questions you may have.

Can I ask what you didn't enjoy about it. I've got the Atlantis Beach Day reserved and this is making me second guess it. My Dr. recommended the Comfort Suites since he stays here a couple times a year. I was thinking of changing the Beach Day over to a room for the day at CS, but now I'm concerned. Any info you could provide would help me decide-- I don't want to waste a couple hundred $ on an excursion that's not worth it.

Karen

83 Honeymoon DTD Hotel
85 DTD
88 DTD
91 DTD
94 DTD
97 CBR
03 POR
06 Polynesian/Wonder

Good4chunns
04-01-2006, 06:06 PM
my Ds is 11 and would like to chat with anyone about Disney. We are doing the same and staying at the POR. We noticed that you stayed there serveral years ago and would love to know what you thought. Let me know how the boy's can get together online. Send a private message or have them chat on this thread? My DS is excited about the opportunity.

Good4chunns
04-01-2006, 06:08 PM
What is your DS name?

disneypoor
04-01-2006, 06:27 PM
Hi! My daughter will be 11 in a few weeks, and my son just turned 8. Can I ask why you didn't like it? We have friends who have been and loved it, but that was a couple of years ago. Please fill me in on your experience. I definitely don't want to get everyone all hyped up and then be disappointed (and broke)! :) It's taken me since last July to get this trip completely paid for, so I am hoping that we love every second of it! So, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me more! Thanks!

Susan

disneypoor
04-01-2006, 06:32 PM
my Ds is 11 and would like to chat with anyone about Disney. We are doing the same and staying at the POR. We noticed that you stayed there serveral years ago and would love to know what you thought. Let me know how the boy's can get together online. Send a private message or have them chat on this thread? My DS is excited about the opportunity.
We stayed at POR last May and absolutely loved it! The property is beautiful, and my kids really enjoyed the pool! I will say that it is a lot of walking if you need to get to the food area or lobby, but it is gorgeous! We traveled with a lot of my family, and my mom had a hard time with all of the walking, but the rest of us didn't mind it a bit. It was our first on site stay, and I don't think we'd have it any other way now!

We are cruising and then staying at All Star Movies for a few days to do the parks. We'd like to check out the value resorts just to compare them to the moderate to see if the difference in price is really worth it or not. :confused3

Let me know if you have any other questions about POR. I'd be glad to answer them if I can!

Susan

homespun
04-01-2006, 11:23 PM
We are doing the same and staying at the POR. We noticed that you stayed there serveral years ago and would love to know what you thought.

As far as POR, we loved it there. My parents took us all back in 2003 (14 of us before magical gatherings were big) and we had a blast. We were in the Alligator Bayou section which is a little further away from the main bldg, but it's a pleasant walk and pretty close to the main pool and one of the quiet pools. POFQ was closed for rehab when we were there so we never got to got to the dragon pool, but we would have loved to. The only thing that was a downfall was that the bathrooms were starting to show their age a bit. Other than that we liked everything and would definitely stay there again. Love the water taxi service to DTD and the grounds of POR itself. Tip - if you're in the AB section, try walking to the parking lot and then around to the bus stop (we found it was shorter for us).

I pmd you on the pen pal thing. TTYL.

Karen

83 Honeymoon DTD Hotel
85 DTD
88 DTD
91 DTD
94 DTD
97 CBR
03 POR
06 Polynesian/Wonder

kidzluvwdw
04-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi,
We are on the 6/1 Wonder as well, with a 11 y/o ds. Actually he turns 12 on 6/1. It might be nice if he has a chance to e-mail somebody his age that will be on the boat as well. He loves basketball, and enjoys all sports.
We will be staying at POFQ for 5 days before the cruise, then going to Coca Beach for 2 days after the cruise. We can't wait! :banana: If you have any interest in hooking up the kids, pm me and we can figure out how to get the kids in contact.
Thanks,
Dan

Good4chunns
04-08-2006, 01:13 PM
I simply love these boards. thanks to everyone who's posted so far. My kids are extremely excited and even more so now that some of you have been kind enough to provide introductions. disnut looking forward to the send off party.

I think the DW and I have decided to stay onboard when we get to Nassua. We've also become intrigued by the couples spa treatment. Has anyone else heard about this? sounds very exciting.

I haven't heard from the folks that started this thread and would love to touch base with you guys.

jpa1121
04-10-2006, 05:57 PM
We're staying on board in Nassau as well. We plan on snorkling at CC. We just bought Body Glove snorkle sets for all of us (masks, snorkle, goggles, flippers and net bag) at Sam's. Very reasonable. Has anyone snorkled at CC? DS (4) is not a strong swimmer and uses a floatie suit (just bought a floatie suit for him as well at Sam's w/spf 65 built in). Will he be able to use the trails?

Good4chunns
04-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Jpa - sounds like you've been onboard with Disney before? This is the first time for us to experience CC. As far as the trails, I'm sorry to say I don't know what those are.

rebecsu
04-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi, all!
My family will be on the June 1 Wonder cruise as well. My DS is 12 and DD is 6. We have booked the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau and Stingray Encounter at CC. We're very excited about our 1st cruise and would love to meet up with some fellow Diser's. :Pinkbounc

Laura

amw24amw
04-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi, all!
My family will be on the June 1 Wonder cruise as well. My DS is 12 and DD is 6. We have booked the Dolphin Encounter in Nassau and Stingray Encounter at CC. We're very excited about our 1st cruise and would love to meet up with some fellow Diser's. :Pinkbounc

Laura
:thumbsup2 My son(9) :darth: and I :tink: will be going on our 1st cruise June 1 Disney Wonder :cheer2:
We can't wait . Were also booked the dolphin encounter in nassau. Also going to WDW before the cruise so I hope we don't get to tried. It would be nice to meet up.

Angela

rebecsu
04-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi, Angela!

We are doing the 9:25 Dolphin Encounter. What time do you have booked?
38 days to go....... :cool1:

Laura

amw24amw
04-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Hi Laura,
We booked the same time :bounce: . I can't wait. :woohoo:

Angela :tink:

kidzluvwdw
04-28-2006, 01:19 PM
I can't believe we are only 33 days away from our first cruise! :thumbsup2
I do have two questions:
1) Do we need sweaters, light jackets for this cruise for evening/shows? My wife gets cold easily.
2) If we are verifying our identities with birth certificates, does my wife need to bring our marriage certificate?
As always, thanks for the advice!!

Dan

MrsM
04-29-2006, 08:01 AM
My DH and I will be on the 6/1 cruise as well. We're leaving our kids at home and going by ourselves to celebrate our 11th anniversary! We were going to go last year for our 10th anniversary, but our youngest DD was born 4 days before our anniversary!

We've done the 4 day cruise, so this will be our second DCL trip. We have Palo booked for our anniversary on 6/3, and other than that we plan to just hang out and relax! :love:

TheDisneyTraveler06
04-29-2006, 09:23 AM
We're also going on this cruise! This will be our first cruise!

Good4chunns
05-02-2006, 12:33 PM
It's so sad around here these days. I'm getting zero work done. constantly daydreaming about disney or checking the boards for new updates or chating with others about our resort and ADR's. Finally got our flight information from our TA the other day. which was very interesting to say the least. The way she had typed out the information in our confirmation letter made it look like we were arriving in Orlando and then leaving the same day.

28 May 2006 Sunday
AIR American Air FLGT #****
LV DFW 850 am
AR ORL 1215 pm

04 June 06 Sunday
Disney Wonder

28 May 2006 Sunday
AIR American Air FLGT # ****
LV ORL 1205 pm
AR DFW 157 pm
Thank You have a great trip

We were a little uncertain about it but called immediately and clamed our fears. You see how it could be a little confusing don't you.

KidsLuv - I swear it looks like we are married to the same women. I need an answer on the jacket question as well. I've told the wife I don't think it's necessary to take her fur.

thanks to the DIS boards my DS has already made a few friends but my DD is becoming a bit jealous. If anyone would like to make a friend send me a PM and you may help keep the peace in my home.

Happy Anniversary MRsM

disneypoor
05-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Good4chunn---I'm right there with you! I cannot seem to get anything done these days because I am so excited about this trip! I think I am actually driving my kids nuts. I teach, and my kids go to school with me every day, so when we get in the car, each morning I tell them how many more days until our trip. Of course, I've sortof been doing this since we booked our trip last July, so maybe that is why they are tired of it? :confused3 I cannot believe we are just 30 days away! I see you are doing a land/sea. We are doing WDW after the cruise. We probably are doing things all backwards, but I'm just glad we are going to WDW while we are there. Counting down with you! :thumbsup2

homespun
05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
So has anyone gotten their final cruise documentation? Last time I talked to Disney they said they would be done at 30 days out. It'd be great to hear if anyone has received them yet.

Anxiously awaiting them.

Karen

disneypoor
05-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Karen--we haven't received our cruise documents yet, but yesterday I was very happily surprised when I got home and had all of my stuff from WDW! That made me realize just how close this trip really is! There is just something about getting luggage tags in the mail....... :Pinkbounc

homespun
05-02-2006, 09:20 PM
<<I got home and had all of my stuff from WDW! That made me realize just how close this trip really is! There is just something about getting luggage tags in the mail....... >>

If I remember right, you booked your cruise separate from your land, right? We have a land/sea package so I'm hoping that's the difference. I hope so anyway. We leave a week before the cruise, so I hope docs come early. They said they'd come 7-10 days early and that's really cutting it close because we're leaving early. I'll be calling if they aren't here next week.

Karen

4KsLUVDisney
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Hello all June 1 Disney Wonder Cruisers and fellow Texans!!!!

We are taking our first DC on the Wonder and CAN'T wait. I am cruising with my DH, DD14 and DS8. Anyone else traveling with kids it would be great to hear from you. We arrive at the WDW CB on May 30 and are spending a 1 day whirlwind day WDW MK on the 31st. Been there many times and we don't need a map and know exactly what we are doing. Then off on the Disney Cruise bus to board the big boat on the 1st. We are in a cat. 7 room on deck 7.
We are also considering staying on board while the ship is in Nassau. Not sure there is much we care to do there.

Disney1955 - we know we are late posting and read your note about meeting and having a drink during the sail away party...mind if we crash and have a drink with you???

Kids are looking forward to meeting new friends and having a great time. Have seen a few posts for other families traveling with young kids...anyone traveling with teenagers...my dd is 14 and looking to see if there is anyone close to her age cruising.

disneypoor
05-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Karen--We did book our WDW part of our trip separately. I bet that is why we received our stuff already. We still do not have any of our cruise documents though. I'm excited to get them. :cool1:

disneypoor
05-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Hello all June 1 Disney Wonder Cruisers and fellow Texans!!!!

We are taking our first DC on the Wonder and CAN'T wait. I am cruising with my DH, DD14 and DS8. Anyone else traveling with kids it would be great to hear from you. We arrive at the WDW CB on May 30 and are spending a 1 day whirlwind day WDW MK on the 31st. Been there many times and we don't need a map and know exactly what we are doing. Then off on the Disney Cruise bus to board the big boat on the 1st. We are in a cat. 7 room on deck 7.
We are also considering staying on board while the ship is in Nassau. Not sure there is much we care to do there.

Disney1955 - we know we are late posting and read your note about meeting and having a drink during the sail away party...mind if we crash and have a drink with you???

Kids are looking forward to meeting new friends and having a great time. Have seen a few posts for other families traveling with young kids...anyone traveling with teenagers...my dd is 14 and looking to see if there is anyone close to her age cruising.
Hi! I don't have a teenager, but my daughter is 11. My son is 8. They are both really excited for this trip. This will be the first cruise for all of us. We are doing Atlantis when we are in Nassau. It looks like it will be great--we hope so anyway! :teeth:

kidzluvwdw
05-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Karen, We have not received any docs yet either for the cruise. It seems to me I've read that they sometimes don't show up until a week or so before the cruise.
4KsLUVDisney, we also have a dd14 who is looking for someone her age on the cruise. Maybe we can hook up our girls. I'll have dd pm you and we can see where it goes from there.
22 days to WDW and 29 days to the cruise :banana:

Dan

homespun
05-03-2006, 12:45 PM
kidzluzwdw - The boys have been emailing eachother and they are wondering how they will meet up. We plan on being on the ship early and have lunch.

What do you think about meeting up before the drill - that is if you guys are boarding early too. Good4chunns ds has emailed my ds too, so maybe all three of us could meet up and have the boys meet face to face.

Got any other ideas or what would work best?

Karen

4KsLUVDisney
05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Question for those of you that have cruised on DCL before. On the 3 nt cruise how strict is DCL about the business casual dress attire in the restaurants? I was really hoping that for the guys they could wear jeans and a collared shirt to dinner instead of wearing dockers, dress shoes and collared shirts. Anyone who has cruised in the past that could answer that question I would appreciate it. Also while we are on Castaway Cay....is the food and drinks there included like they are on the ship or do we have to charge our food and drinks to our ship account?

Krissy

disneypoor
05-03-2006, 06:53 PM
This will be our first cruise, so I don't know about the jeans at dinner. However, my husband would be thrilled if he could wear jeans (I've told him he has to wear khakis). The food at Castaway Cay is included. The only thing you'd pay for, as far as I know, is alcoholic drinks. Not sure about pop??? :confused3

4KsLUVDisney
05-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Dan - kidzluvwdw - have your dd send my dd a message and they can chat.

Disneypoor - sounds like our husbands are alike....mine wants to wear jeans also. Sounds like our ds will probably get to know each other in the Oceaners Lab. My ds can't wait to hang out there.

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-08-2006, 04:19 PM
We're going! Can't wait. It will be me, DH, DD (14), DS (5)

4KsLUVDisney
05-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Welcome DisneyTraveler06......

We are on the Wonder also and we have a DD who is 14 also. So far we now know of 3 14yrs girls going on the cruise from the DIS. My daughter and another girl have been pm is each other to get to know each other before the cruise. Would you mind if my DD sends your DD a pm?

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Hey4KsLuvDisney- That sounds great! Just let your daughter know to send mine a PM antime!!

kidzluvwdw
05-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Just a head's up, we received our cruise documents yesterday :cool1: While it seems like it's been forever since we booked this vacation, it is finally almost here!!

disneypoor
05-11-2006, 08:34 AM
We got ours too! :cool1: I was so excited when I opened the package. It makes it so much more real when you actually have your documents in your hands! Woo hoo!!!! :teeth:

homespun
05-11-2006, 04:40 PM
We got ours today too :cool1: We did a lot of the paperwork online, so I was amazed at how little paperwork was actually sent. How exciting!!!

Karen

2angelsinheaven
05-11-2006, 05:08 PM
You all will be getting off as I'm getting on... have a Magical Cruise, wish my meets thread was as active.

disneediva
05-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi Ya'll,
We will be joing ya'll also it was a spur of the moment decision and we are excited it will be our 4th DCL and have the next one booked for November. It will be me DH DS12 my sister BIL niece13 my mom and dad. We have a catergory 5 cabin and can't wait to get on board.
Wendy

4KsLUVDisney
05-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Welcom aboard Disneediva

Sounds like you might be the most experienced DCL cruiser on this thread.

Any tips for a first time cruiser on DCL or any other cruise ship for that.

We are so excited :banana:

disneediva
05-12-2006, 10:26 PM
I can tell you that if are like me you will arrive at the port early, we get there around 10 I do like being one of the first ones on board. Then we go to parrot cay for lunch before we head to our room. This cruise will be relaxing, the three days go by so fast. One recommendation on CC is the bananna boats we love them. The clubs for kids are great I an't usually get my DS out of them he hates it when I force him to eat dinner with us. its about the only time i see him. any questions let me know I will be happy to answer if I can.
Wendy

4KsLUVDisney
05-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Disneediva....I noticed you have a cat. 5 room. We also have a cat.5 room on deck 7. Have you stayed in that kind of room before and what are your likes and dislikes about it? I have been reading the treads of helpful things to bring. Any suggestions from your end?

Also I saw you have a 13yr niece...well my dd is 14 and she has been talking to a few of the other 14g girls on the cruise. They are planning to meet on board. If your niece is interested have her pm my daughter.

disneediva
05-13-2006, 10:26 AM
4ksluvdisney....this is our first time in a catergory 5 since we don't spend much time in the cabin we have always booked a cat9 the best tip I can offer is an over the door shoe holder its great for soaps and shampoos and keeps the counter clean. we are in cabin7606 7608 and 7610 are you near us?

My DN gabby would love to meet the girl son board but we have not told them about the cruise yet we are trying to surprise them, if you let me know when they are meeting I will bring Gabby or if we ruin the surprise I will have her PM your daughter.

Wendy

Good4chunns
05-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Almost there guys. Is it too early to be packing?

disneypoor
05-15-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm so excited! :cool1: I haven't started packing yet, but you can bet I've started thinking very seriously about what I'm packing! I can't believe it's almost here! I see you're doing WDW before the cruise, so your date is even closer! We're doing it afterwards, so I hope the next 17 days flies by quick! :thumbsup2

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey! I can't wait 17 more days! I have one question though-- how do you book cruise excursions? Thanks!

disneypoor
05-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Hey! I can't wait 17 more days! I have one question though-- how do you book cruise excursions? Thanks!
I booked mine online on the DCL site. Have you looked there? It lists all of the excursions offered through DCL. I booked a room at Comfort Suites on my own so that my family can enjoy Atlantis while we are in Nassau. I hope this helps??? :confused3

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Thanks so much!! That does help!

berrymm
05-16-2006, 02:03 PM
We will be on the June 1 cruise! It will be my dh, 7 yr. old dd and me! Can't wait! We have never been on a cruise before. We also have a room at Atlantis reserved for the day. We honeymooned there in 1995 and this is our first time back. I'm not sure but we are either Cat. 5 or 6 on the cruise. DH made these reservations. It's exciting to read that you all will be there!

princess:

disneypoor
05-16-2006, 07:36 PM
We will be on the June 1 cruise! It will be my dh, 7 yr. old dd and me! Can't wait! We have never been on a cruise before. We also have a room at Atlantis reserved for the day. We honeymooned there in 1995 and this is our first time back. I'm not sure but we are either Cat. 5 or 6 on the cruise. DH made these reservations. It's exciting to read that you all will be there!

princess:
Welcome! Do you have a room at Atlantis or Comfort Suites? I was just wondering. We have Comfort Suites, but I saw that Atlantis is having some specials in June, but the dates that I saw were after our date, so I didn't think I could justify spending the money on a room at Atlantis itself. Although I'm so excited to see Atlantis, it would be great to be able to check out the rooms there too. You never know---maybe we'll like it so much we'll vacation there some day? :confused3

berrymm
05-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Welcome! Do you have a room at Atlantis or Comfort Suites? I was just wondering. We have Comfort Suites, but I saw that Atlantis is having some specials in June, but the dates that I saw were after our date, so I didn't think I could justify spending the money on a room at Atlantis itself. Although I'm so excited to see Atlantis, it would be great to be able to check out the rooms there too. You never know---maybe we'll like it so much we'll vacation there some day? :confused3
We did book a room at Atlantis. I'm sure it is outrageous but dh did the booking. I know it has changed tremendously since we were there in 1995. My dh is not a big disney fan like I am. The only way I could get him back was to mention doing the disney cruise. When we took our dd to Disney 3 years ago he told his friends when we got back that his "wife had tried to kill him" while on vacation! lol! He was worn out when we got home. His idea of vacationing is relaxing poolside or beachside with someone bringing him frosty tropical drinks all afternoon! He booked Atlantis for the day so he could do just that! Not to mention they have a casino and I am sure he will want to check that out as well!

4KsLUVDisney
05-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Disneediva....I sent you a private message regarding one of your questions.

We are in room 7532

Can't wait for the cruise.

krissy

Good4chunns
05-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Today our Travel agent called with all of our documents. I went to pick them up from her office as soon as I got off the phone. It's all coming together now. See all of you guys soon enough but not until I make a little stop at the MK first. Gotta pickup a little pixie dust.

4KsLUVDisney
05-18-2006, 06:03 PM
GoodforChunns....we just got our travel documents from our agent too today. I see you are from Texas also....what part? We are from Flower Mound.

11 Days til we leave for WDW and 14 days until the cruise!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!! :love:

disneediva
05-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Krissy,
I got your PM we are now trying to decide whether to tell the kids, keep me updated on the girls meets .
We got our documents today also.
Wendy

Good4chunns
05-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Howdy Flower Mound. Nice to see ya'll. We are lovin life over here in Cowtown. I'll be leavin my boots at home and puttin on my cruise wear in 8 days. Maybe I'll head out to the Colonial and work on my tan.

4KsLUVDisney
05-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Good4chunns......Glad to hear about some fellow Texans being on board DCL. What ages are your children that will be cruising? I have a DD14 and DS8.

Krissy

Disneynut1955
05-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi everyone! Just checking in, we have not posted in the thread in some time. We are excited about this cruise and can't wait to head for Orlando in just over a week. My wife (Monica) and I are bringing our friends Robert and Brad. Hope to see everyone there.

David

4KsLUVDisney
05-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Hello everyone on the June 1 DCL....are there any plans for all of us DISers to meet on the cruise...if so we would love to know when and where so we can put faces with the names.

Krissy

rebecsu
05-22-2006, 09:45 PM
I'll take you up on your offer of a drink on the sail away party. Where do we meet?

Disneynut1955
05-22-2006, 11:14 PM
We would be happy to meet with everyone during the sailaway party! Let us know what works best for everyone.

4KsLUVDisney
05-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Disneynut1955...since you have been on a few of these cruises...when and where would be the best time for us DISers to hook up? This is our first ever cruise so I don't know the answer to those questions.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks

Krissy

Disneynut1955
05-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Disneynut1955...since you have been on a few of these cruises...when and where would be the best time for us DISers to hook up? This is our first ever cruise so I don't know the answer to those questions.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks

Krissy

We have found that deck 10 during the sailaway party is usually best. We will have a good view for the party below, the shore and dock when we start to move but also close to a drink station for constant "refreshment".

4KsLUVDisney
05-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me....look for my family as my DH and DS will be wearing red floral shirts with mickey mouse ears on the back and myself and DD will be wearing white tank tops with the same red floral trim on them with a mickey ear design on front. DH is not thrilled with the matching shirts but they sure will make a great photo when boarding the ship and be great for the sail away party.

Can't believe we are just a little over week away from cruising. 7 days from today we will be on our way to WDW....YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

also Disneynut1955.....I had read somewhere about a night on the cruise that they have free margaritas and daquires....do you know anything about this and if they do it on the 3nt cruises?

Disneynut1955
05-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me....look for my family as my DH and DS will be wearing red floral shirts with mickey mouse ears on the back and myself and DD will be wearing white tank tops with the same red floral trim on them with a mickey ear design on front. DH is not thrilled with the matching shirts but they sure will make a great photo when boarding the ship and be great for the sail away party.

We will look for you. My wife and I are cruising with two friends, Robert and Brad. We have no clue what we are wearing. We will keep an eye out for you and anyone else who is interested in going!

Can't believe we are just a little over week away from cruising. 7 days from today we will be on our way to WDW....YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

We leave on Tuesday next week as well. We can't wait, it has been four months since the last cruise and we need our Disney fix!

also Disneynut1955.....I had read somewhere about a night on the cruise that they have free margaritas and daquires....do you know anything about this and if they do it on the 3nt cruises?

The words "Disney" and "free" are polar opposites. From the minute you get on the ship, they will attempt to sell you a wine package and the drink of the day. We sometimes have some "free" items at concierge reception, but like anything in this world, you paid for it in some way.

whitt1
05-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone, we would like to report in for the June 1 Wonder cruise. Including myself and my DH I have a ds, 14 and dd, 7. This is our second land and sea adventure and it as started off with a sprinkling of pixie dust. We received our final documents and we were upgraded from a cat 6 to a cat 4. :banana:

4KsLUVDisney
05-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Welcome aboard whitt1........How exciting about the upgrade.......

See ya next week.

whitt1
05-23-2006, 04:35 PM

I think I read somewhere on these boards about DISers wearing lime green ribbons pinned to their shirts at the sail away party as a way to meet fellow DISers. But I am not sure.......

4KsLUVDisney
05-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Any Disers out there that have cruised before know about the green ribbons to wear during the sail away party?

Disneynut1955
05-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Lime green is the color of DIS Boards. On past cruises, we have seen people wearing name tags, t-shirts and ribbons in this color. I doubt we will have too many DIS people on this cruise, but we can certainly get ribbons or something to wear on the first day to show who we are.

homespun
05-23-2006, 10:37 PM
We're leaving tomorrow and can't wait. Will I sleep - doubt it, too excited. Our last 40 minutes of school is tomorrow morning and then it's off to a hotel near the airport and an early morning flight Thursday AM for our land portion of our trip.

I don't have any bright green ribbon in the house, :( but I'll be on the look out for you guys and stop and say "hi."

Good4chunns and Kidzluvwdw - See you at the Goofy Pool :wave2:

Everyone have a safe trip :)

Karen

disneediva
05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
We have used the lime green mickey head paint chips from home depot before to point each other out. Where on deck 10 are we meeting?See ya'll in a week, its great to see so many other southerns on this cruise its been mostly yankees on our last three.
Wendy

4KsLUVDisney
05-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Oh my goodness...one week from today we will be meeting all of you at the sail away party......

I can't wait

:cool1: :love: :banana:

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Can you believe it's only a week away?
I am getting more excited as the days pass!

disneypoor
05-26-2006, 07:35 AM
I was just taking a shower this morning and thinking to myself how wonderful it will be at this time next week! I'm hoping to have a "fru fru" drink in one hand while relaxing at the beach and watching the kids have a blast! Even my husband is excited for this trip! We simply can't wait! :banana:

Good4chunns
05-27-2006, 11:40 PM
We are leaving in the morning for our wonder-full vacation. I won't sleep tonight.

disneypoor
05-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Have fun Good4chunns! I wish I was leaving in the morning! We don't leave until Wednesday. We're doing WDW after the cruise. I hope you have a blast at WDW! We'll all be anxious to board the ship come Thursday morning! :cool1:

disneediva
05-28-2006, 01:34 PM
We are leaving Wednesday also and then doing Disney after the cruise. I started packing today :cool1: Do we have a place set for the Dismeet?
see ya'll soon
Wendy

disneypoor
05-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi, Wendy! I'm not sure I've heard anything about the DIS meet. Where are staying the night before the cruise? We're staying at the Radisson and then trying the All Star Movies after the cruise. We stayed at POR last year and loved it, but we decided to try the value resorts this time to see what the difference really is. I haven't started packing yet, but I have my list of things I need to pack all written out. I need to quit going shopping! I keep going and buying more stuff for this trip. I've probably got way more than anyone in our family will ever need! I guess that's part of the fun of being the vacation planner in the family, huh? :confused3

disneediva
05-28-2006, 07:30 PM
we are staying in Orlando at LA Quinta both before and after the cruise. My parents are managers of the chain so we get a good rate to stay thereI cannot believe its already here.
Wendy

disneypoor
05-28-2006, 08:48 PM
I can't believe it's here either! I just got back from Wal-Mart to get all of our travel stuff. It's really starting to seem real now! :banana:

TheDisneyTraveler06
05-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I can't believe it's here either! I just got back from Wal-Mart to get all of our travel stuff. It's really starting to seem real now! :banana:
We just did the same thing! Can't believe it's on THURSDAY! :cool1:

disneypoor
05-30-2006, 09:14 PM
I hope the weather is good for us. I'm a worrier, but every time I check the Disney site, it is calling for rain on the day we're in Nassau, the day we're on Castaway Cay, and the days following the cruise (we'll be in WDW then)! I hope someone is wrong about this! I guess no matter what the weather is, we'll have fun! See you all on Thursday! :thumbsup2