PDA

View Full Version : November 12, 2006 11/12/06 Wonder

bdink921
01-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi there! Anyone else going on the Wonder with us on November 12th? It will be DH, DS, and me--we are staying in cat 11 7619. We can't wait!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

bdink921
01-30-2006, 07:10 PM
bump :Pinkbounc

minnieandmickey
02-07-2006, 09:21 PM
We just booked a secret porthole room.

RMARZOLF72
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
I am taking my 3 children on the 4-night November 12th cruise. I have a son that will be 10, a daughter that will be 8, and another daughter that will be 7. We are soooo excited! We are going to go to Kennedy Space Center on the day we debark the ship and then spending a couple days at Universal Studios. My kids have been to Disney a couple times already so we decided to give Universal a try. We are very excited!

Robin

bdink921
02-17-2006, 10:10 PM
hey Robin--your two youngest are my DS age--he's 7 turning 8 the day we debark. We're also coming in a day early-don't know what we're doing, but we are staying in PC at the new Residence Inn. After the cruise we're going to spend 2 days at WDW--I think!!! I'm just too excited, so far it's a secret for DS. Can't wait :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

RMARZOLF72
02-18-2006, 03:21 PM
We are staying at the new Raddison as well! I have not even begun to book flights tickets yet (need to save more money! :hyper: ) so I am not sure when we will get in but I think we will just try and relax when we get in.

Robin

bdink921
02-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I looked at the flights too--expensive from Hartford--we'll wait for Southwest fares to come out to book flights or fly out of NY. :teeth:

Pavilion 2000
03-06-2006, 10:01 PM
We're on this cruise too! This is the first cruise for me, DH and DS and we are so looking forward to it. We'll be spending 1 day at Universal and 2 days at WDW before the cruise. We're staying at the Doubletree Suites in Downtown Disney for those 3 days before the cruise. We love Universal and WDW and couldn't imagine a trip to FL without spending some time there.

bdink921
03-10-2006, 08:40 PM
It's our first cruise too--I'm a little nervous but mostly too excited!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

kkmcan
04-01-2006, 12:48 PM
We are on this cruise- our first family cruise. Kids don't know yet and they probably won't until a few days before. DD is 9 and DS is 6. We plan on doing Disney World for a few days after the cruise.

I'm so excited but the planning is so confusing- airlines tickets, travel insurance, transfers, hotel, excursions, etc, etc, etc!

Kelly

kkmcan
04-01-2006, 12:50 PM
How do I find out what room we got? We booked a cat 11 gty.

Thanks,
Kelly

bdink921
04-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Hi Kelly--don't know how you find out what your room number is w/a gty. We got our room number right when we booked. I don't know how well I'll do with no window but I don't plan on us being in the room much anyways. :goodvibes

The planning is fun--keep changing my mind about hotels, excursions, etc. I drive my DH nuts with all my planning and questions!! :teeth:

aimb
06-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Just bumping this up to see if anyone else will be on this cruise!

We'll be there - myself, DH, DS1 (who will be 5), and DS2 (who will be 9 months). This will be our first cruise, and we are so excited!! :Pinkbounc We're staying in a cat 6 room and will be spending a few days at WDW either before or after (haven't decided yet).

pirate:

bdink921
06-28-2006, 09:43 PM
hi there aimb!! Glad to see there will be a few people from DIS on our cruise. :thumbsup2

ColoradoMom!!
07-20-2006, 04:31 PM
We're going too!! :banana: Looks like we might have a small crowd on the ship. We booked this date just at the end of June and found it to be the least expensive (not counting Sept.) even compared to booking way out. We are staying at the POFQ for four days before the cruise. Debating on getting our own transportation to the cruise so we aren't there so late. We're taking the boys out of school, I know, a big deabe, but we will probably only get to do this once, and we don't want to fight the crowds and heat. I am SO excited and spending wayyyyy too much time on these boards! :blush:

bdink921
07-22-2006, 05:02 PM
:wave:

We're taking our DS out of school too--it's not something we do often so...I'm not going to worry about it ;) .

We're staying at WDW for 2 nights following the cruise--at POR for now (I keep changing my mind). We're renting a car to drive to the port the day before the cruise and then using Disney transfers back to WDW after. We finally booked our flights when Southwest released the November dates so now we're waiting and waiting :bored: . I'm also on these boards way too much--my DH thinks I'm nuts!!!!

Bridget

bdink921
08-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Final change of plans--DH weekend off got changed so now we are flying in on the 9th to spend 3 nights at WDW, then the cruise!!! :thumbsup2

minnieandmickey
08-14-2006, 05:23 PM
We're doing 7 nights at our DVC before the cruise. Due to flight costs it was cheaper to leave right after the cruise vs leaving a day or two later.

ColoradoMom!!
08-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Countdown tickers are back up from Mouse House. Gotta see if it works! :cheer2:
Anyone else joining us?
Hmmmm it isn't listing the days left. bummer :confused3

ColoradoMom!!
09-11-2006, 01:49 AM
Come on out there!! It's going to be an empty boat :guilty:
There has to be more people sailing with us!!
Join our happy group :grouphug:

rodgers
09-12-2006, 10:42 AM
We're first time cruisers too. It will be my DH and our neighbor friend/adopted grandma who is 81! Any other old timers out there? When can we book excursions?
Also, is everyone else waiting to buy airline tickets until southwest dates are out?

bdink921
09-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi rodgers!! Welcome :wave2:

You can book excursions now--booking has been open since August 28 I think. We booked the dolphin encounter for Nassau. We booked our flights awhile ago--waiting for a good Southwest ding to lower our rate.

Bridget

rodgers
09-13-2006, 10:56 AM
So wait, you can book your airline ticket and then change it if the rates are lowered? How does that work? Can you tell I'm new at this LOL?

bdink921
09-13-2006, 10:11 PM
You can change your flight if a good ding fare comes up. Pull up your original reservation in a second window after going through most of the reserve process on the ding fare (you have to stop before you hit the purchase key). Then you cancel your original reservation and can then book the ding fare with your immediately available Southwest credit. If the flight times on your new reservation are the same as the original, you can ask for a refund on your credit card--if they are different you usually end up with some Southwest credit (good for 1 year). Savvy? If you're now sitting there like this :confused3 , go to the transportation board and do a search--that's where I originally got my info. :teeth:
Bridget

minnieandmickey
09-13-2006, 10:18 PM
what excursions has everyone booked?
We have booked the Atlantis Tour in Nassau, and Stingray's in CC. I also booked Palo's for DH and I.

rodgers
09-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Thanks Bridgett. So there is no cancellation fee?
I think we'll be booking parasailing only. I just want to relax and enjoy the ship and its activities and the beach on CC. Anyone gone in November before? What kind of temperatures are we looking at?

bdink921
09-14-2006, 03:10 PM
minnieandmickey-- we booked the dolphin encounter in Nassau. We booked Palo too--we're going Tuesday at 8pm after DH gets his massage. I would have liked to go to Palo earlier, but his massage time was the only one I could get. If I can change onboard, I probably will. We're also doing Palo brunch at 11am on Wednesday. :goodvibes

rodgers--no cancellation fee on Southwest for changing your reservation. My DH thought about parasailing and says he wants to try, but he's deathly afraid of heights :scared1: . I don't know what he's thinking!! The average temp is high 70's to low 80's in Nassau/CC in November. Most posters have reported good weather.

We may try snorkling at CC--I'm not sure about that!!

Bridget

kkmcan
09-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Just bumping this up. Anyone else? Might be a quiet ship from the looks of it. We have no excursions booked. We thought we might just grab a taxi to Atlantis to take a look around. For CC, we'll just do the beach thing. We are bringing our snorkeling gear. Nice and cheap.

We are doing the day before the cruise in WDW (Epcot) and the Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party the Friday after the cruise. Also might do a second day in WDW. Also gonna see some family for dinner one night after the cruise.

We fly home the Sunday after the cruise. We are saving on the excursions to be able to do the days at the world. Also we don't plan on doing anything else on board that costs money (spa, bingo, drinks etc)

See everyone there!
Kelly

bdink921
09-24-2006, 04:45 PM
We'll be at Epcot on Saturday too--and MK on Friday. We have to fly home right after the cruise.

Bridget

Off2Nvrlnd
09-28-2006, 03:47 PM
We will be joining all of you also! :wave: It will be me, DH, and DS 5. We are soo excited and badly in need of a vacation. This will be our first cruise and we just can't wait! We will also be staying a couple extra days to go to WDW (our 1st time). We usually go to Disneyland 10 times a year because it's only an hour away from San Diego and we have been bitten by the Disney Bug also :cloud9: I'm so glad to have found this site, I was looking all over for info on our cruise. Thanks for all your wonderful advice!

We will be staying in a category 9 in room #2052!

bdink921
09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi Diana :wave: !! Welcome aboard!!!

Bridget

bdink921
10-04-2006, 05:06 AM
What time is everyone eating?

We have main seating--and I hope it's the latest slot!! :)

Off2Nvrlnd
10-07-2006, 12:20 PM
We are scheduled for late seating, but I am probably going to request the early dining schedule. Don't want DS to pass out during dinner :rotfl:

ColoradoMom!!
10-11-2006, 11:35 PM
We're late seating - hope it works out!
I can't believe we are just a month away!! :bounce: I am beginning to get nervous! Don't want any regrets from lack of planning, you know.

mom x4,grandma x4
10-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Howdy everyone,
i am not going with you, I am going on the Wonder on 4/5, but I have some information to share with everyone who is cruising on the Wonder starting tomarrow.

On the main forum page there is a post titled :
BAD ENTERTAINMENT CHANGES ON THE WONDER
On it around post 10 are 2 letters from DCL that confirm what I am going to tell you.
Please check it out, dont take my word for it.

Basically DCL is NO longer going to have a house band on the Wonder.
That means: NO live music at the sailaway party, NO live music in the club, Wave Bands at night.
Instead you will have a DJ and recorded music.
I think DCL is trying to save a buck at our expense. We love the live music, it is something most people really look for ward to having on the cruise.

I figure if I wanted to listen to a DJ annd some CD's I can do that at home!!!

Anyway, if you feel you want the live music to continue, please take 5 minutes to write DCL and tell them. They do listen to their guests if enough people tell them what they want.
here is the address: dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

If it doesnt matter to you, that is fine, I just wanted to help spread the word so those who want to try and get this changed will have the opportunity to do so before their cruise.

Either way, thankyou so much for reading my letter and thinking about what I have said.

Again, sorry about crashing your thread, but this is the only way I can tell people who are actually cruising on the Wonder.

Have a Magical cruise,

mom x4,grandma x4

bdink921
10-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the info mom x4, grandma x4!!

mom x4,grandma x4
10-14-2006, 07:33 PM
your welcome.
I hope it will help people think about what is happening.

mom x4,grandma x4

bdink921
10-21-2006, 05:57 AM
Just about 3 weeks to go!!!!! :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :cool1:

cristit14
10-22-2006, 07:17 AM
We're late seating - hope it works out!
I can't believe we are just a month away!! :bounce: I am beginning to get nervous! Don't want any regrets from lack of planning, you know.

Sorry to crash your thread, I am not going on this cruise, but I am from Littleton too! I think you will like late seating. We had late seating on our first cruise and then got it changed to early. That really didn't seem to work well for us. We had late seating on our last cruise and it was much better. I don't know if it was the time change or what.

Oh yeah, our first cruise was a land/sea in 2004 and it was supposedly a "once in a lifetime" trip. Don't be surprised if you get hooked and find a way to cruise again. :)

minnieandmickey
10-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Anyone receive their docs yet? I haven't and am starting to worry, should I?

bdink921
10-24-2006, 06:22 PM
No--we haven't received ours either, but I sure am waiting--they should come any day now!! :)

Off2Nvrlnd
10-26-2006, 04:21 PM
No docs here either. When are they supposed to arrive?

Pavilion 2000
10-27-2006, 01:22 PM
No docs here either. When are they supposed to arrive?
My TA had contacted Disney regarding my documents and she said that Disney was very busy right now and that we should be receiving our documents about 2 weeks before our cruise.

So, we should be getting them soon!

Pavilion 2000
10-27-2006, 01:26 PM
what excursions has everyone booked?
We have booked the Atlantis Tour in Nassau, and Stingray's in CC. I also booked Palo's for DH and I.

We didn't book any excurions at all. We plan on staying on board while in Nassau. I tried booking for Palo's brunch online but that was completely booked by the time I was able to check. So, I'm going to get to the Port early on Sunday and hope that there'll be some reservations available on board.

We also got early seating for dinner (I think it's 6pm).

ColoradoMom!!
10-27-2006, 01:58 PM
No Doc's yet here either. I am also hoping to book Palo brunch on board. Do they take reservations earlier than 1:00 if you are on board? :confused3

OK--now take a look at this. Go to the Disney site and rebook your trip. We are Cat. 11, and today Cat. 9 is $100 cheaper than what I paid. Am I missing something? Same decline of insurance and ground transportation to make sure my comparison is fair. I hope this means we will be sailing a less crowded ship, and maybe some will get upgrades.

bdink921
10-27-2006, 04:26 PM
No Doc's yet here either. I am also hoping to book Palo brunch on board. Do they take reservations earlier than 1:00 if you are on board? :confused3

From what I read on these boards, you should have no problems booking brunch when you board--you can book as soon as you board :) BTW--no docs here either!!

bdink921
10-29-2006, 07:11 AM
2 Weeks!!!!

It's almost here!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

minnieandmickey
10-29-2006, 12:36 PM
YIPEEEE

I started packing yesterday, we are heading off for a week at WDW first. My dd said that she is going to be too excited to sleep on Sat., boy I can't wait we all really can use a vacation right now.

Pavilion 2000
10-30-2006, 01:56 PM
My TA just sent me an email stating that Disney had mailed my cruise docs on the 26th... so they should be coming any day now!!!!

This weekend will be spent shopping for the cruise... have to buy all the little sample size products for easy packing!

Pavilion 2000
10-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I just got it today! WOOOHOOOO!!!! :cool1:

bdink921
10-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Still no docs here--tomorrow maybe :confused3 .

minnieandmickey
10-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Got Mine!!!!

bdink921
10-31-2006, 03:17 PM
Me too!!!!

Off2Nvrlnd
10-31-2006, 10:44 PM
THEY FINALLY MADE IT TO SAN DIEGO!

rodgers
11-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Got ours!!!

On the suggested packing list, it lists vaccination report...anyone know if that's a must?

bdink921
11-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Got ours!!!

On the suggested packing list, it lists vaccination report...anyone know if that's a must?

I've never heard of needing a vaccination report--anyone else??

rodgers
11-02-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm beginning to think it's more of a suggestion - like if a kid gets hurt they'd know when the last tetnus shot was. Does that make sense? Since it's not discussed here anywhere that I've found - I'm not too worried about it. Just thought I'd ask.

brimatnyc
11-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Hello: My name is Bri. I just joined this list. I'm so excited to see so many of you on this list going the same time we are. We are: my husband and 2 daughters - 5 and 19 months. We are so excited! It's great to see/read all your excitement, too.

Have any of you ever gone on the cruise with a baby? Any tips or advice you have for me? Anything special I should bring? We're in room 2002 - at the VERY front of the ship, so it may be a bit rocky, which I'm a bit concerned about.

Thanks for your enthusiasm everyone. This is so exciting.

Oh yes, any of you ever do the Cruise line's Birthday decor? was it worth it? It's going to be my husband's b-day.
Thanks!
...Bri

bdink921
11-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi Bri!!! This our first cruise so I can't really help you with your questions but I just wanted to say Welcome and hope to see you on the ship!!!! :)

rodgers
11-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Only two more days - we actually leave for the airport tomorrow. I hope I can sleep tonight!

Off2Nvrlnd
11-10-2006, 04:40 PM
We are taking a red-eye tonight. I did not want a flight of being asked hour after hour "are we there yet?" and my DS5 loves to talk :bounce: It's bad enough that he woke up at 5:00am asking when are we leaving?! Good thing I had to work today and he could torment his grandma with his excitement! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

See you all on the ship. I'm in room 2052 if anyone wants to stop in and say "Hi"

Have a great trip everyone! :wizard:

minnieandmickey
11-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Is it me or did that cruise go by way to fast! I hope everyone had as great of a time as we did and are home safe and sound. As soon as we got on the ship my DH said " I am never going on Carnival ever again". Needless to say we are planning our next 2 cruises, hoping for the 4 day DVC next year and doing the Western cruise (or maybe a special cruise) for our 20th anniversary in 2008.

rodgers
11-21-2006, 02:51 PM
We had a WONDERful time - everything we'd heard and more. Four days was just enough for us though - it was exhausting. We'll definitely go again in a few years.

bdink921
11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
We loved it!!! It sure did fly by but we rebooked for 2008 onboard so there's something to look forward to!!!