PDA

View Full Version : What is Your Dream Job?

Daisymae26
01-02-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm sure we've already had a thread like this...but what is your dream job? It can be realistic or not. So go ahead and post your dream job! :)

*EWooWDW*
01-02-2006, 06:34 PM
Def something working at the park making a good bit of money. Some sort of executive. I'm planning on applying for the CP so I'll be on my way once I'm in college

AmoDolphin
01-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I really want to work for Area 51, but a more realistic dream of mine is to become an English Teacher.

The Dark Dancer
01-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Disney Artist/ Imagineer:
I'd love to be the artist who works in the castle's art shop!!!!! :cloud9:
The artist can take orders and draw a specific character and personalize them for someone.....(My Dream Job) I love Disney, making people happy, and drawing....so yeah.... :teeth:

or to be more realistic......

maybe a speech therapist. :confused3 But, I'm not sure about that.

dragonfly75
01-02-2006, 06:48 PM
A dolphin trainer....in Hawaii (hey a girl can dream =p)

being more realistic....a journalist or forensic scientist

MuNkY
01-02-2006, 07:05 PM
No. 1 Wide Reciever for the Detroit Lions.

DramaQueen
01-02-2006, 07:06 PM
DEFINATLEY an Actress! =]

ALSO, a Disney CM would be awesome, I'd like to be a face character like Snow White or something, or work at the Canadian Pavillion =]

Babyjustrun
01-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Actress ; Singer in a band (who cares if I can't sing??!??) ; VJ on Much Music ; Graphic Artist ; A & R Person ; Pyschologist

Captain Brain
01-02-2006, 07:12 PM
A Disney Tour guide.:)

DramaQueen
01-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Actress ; Singer in a band (who cares if I can't sing??!??) ; VJ on Much Music ; Graphic Artist ; A & R Person ; Pyschologist

Ohh man! A VJ on much would be SO awesome! I'd LOVE to do that!
I wanted to try out for the VJ search but I just never did ;p

Princess Ash
01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
New York Runway Model...that is my ultimate dream and goal.

More realistic, a broadcast journalist (it's what I'm gonna go to college for)

Babyjustrun
01-02-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm not old enough to apply. But maybe someday. Amanda got in with just a video that she sent, and i don't think it was during a VJ search either.

TiggerLove101
01-02-2006, 07:15 PM
poor musician living in new york, haha.

DramaQueen
01-02-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm not old enough to apply. But maybe someday. Amanda got in with just a video that she sent, and i don't think it was during a VJ search either.

Bah! I know! She's so lucky! She was the best though! By far my fave VJ! (okay 2nd. Rick is my fave.) I miss Amanda. She was in a movie with David Boreanez though! I hope she becomes a well-known actress :smooth:

Babyjustrun
01-02-2006, 07:18 PM
i hope so too!!
rick was my fave, then it was devon (i luff him, and he was in a simple plan video & he was in fantastic four for like ten seconds) and then it's amanda. matt and leah are cool too.

DramaQueen
01-02-2006, 07:19 PM
i hope so too!!
rick was my fave, then it was devon (i luff him, and he was in a simple plan video & he was in fantastic four for like ten seconds) and then it's amanda. matt and leah are cool too.

Yeah Devons pretty cool too! I saw him on day in T.O it was too cool.

Babyjustrun
01-02-2006, 07:20 PM
i've never actually seen him within any distance of me... but that's alright.

AllyGirlie
01-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Ok well I'm going to sound weird because it's not a high profile job..

Prosthetic Doctor

I have it all planned out, I know exactly what education I need and exactly what I need to do. It's a bit of work, but well worth it..

Daisymae26
01-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Ok well I'm going to sound weird because it's not a high profile job..

Prosthetic Doctor

I have it all planned out, I know exactly what education I need and exactly what I need to do. It's a bit of work, but well worth it..

That's really interesting! :)

AllyGirlie
01-02-2006, 08:06 PM
That's really interesting! :)

I know..

Buzz207
01-02-2006, 08:18 PM
I want to be a animator for disney

DollfieDreams
01-02-2006, 10:33 PM
realistic- disney cm, disney tour guide, english/creative writing teacher

un-realistic- voice actress...a disney princess in america...(im too short!!!)

BrerLizzie
01-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I would love to play one of the princesses in Disney. Especially Meg from Hercules, but I'm pretty sure I'm too tall for any of the female face charactors..

Disney Skies
01-03-2006, 02:13 AM
Psychiatrist...raised alot of eyebrows when I mentioned that (almost everyone thought I was hoping to be a pilot, geez I wonder why...).

ellindea
01-03-2006, 02:33 AM
dream job would be Disney imagineer :wizard: , or a choir director
What I'm going for realistically is a foreign language interpreter/translator. I'm planning on majoring in Chinese and minoring in Spanish. I took 3 years of Spanish in HS and really liked it, plus languages really interest me, and I think it's something I would enjoy and be good at...and the pay is good, too :teeth: .

marypops!
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
i would like to work for dsisney for anything (mainly i guess i will have to work at the england pavillion) so i'm going to sign up when i can :)

MrsNick
01-03-2006, 03:59 PM
sorry, wrong board!

PrincessTink
01-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Unrealisticaly.. I want to be a well known singer.
Realistically.. Either want to study culenary arts, teach 2nd grade or be on the police force.
haha all very different if you ask me..

U Just Got PUNKD
01-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Hm... Either Work for Fall Out Boy, a Dancer on Broad Way, or a Back up dancer for Clebs.

BandGeek911
01-03-2006, 04:54 PM
My dream job would be to play in an ochestra (right now I'm looking at the Radio City Orchestra) and I'm working really hard at it. I'm even taking private trumpet lessons! (And that is not my cup of tea lol) but that's what I really would LOVE to do.

But more realistically I am going to marry a doctor :rotfl: lol jk. More realistically I want to become a music teacher!

Cinderella94
01-03-2006, 04:59 PM
An actress or singer.

BandGeek911
01-03-2006, 05:06 PM
My dream job would be to play in an ochestra (right now I'm looking at the Radio City Orchestra) and I'm working really hard at it. I'm even taking private trumpet lessons! (And that is not my cup of tea lol) but that's what I really would LOVE to do.

But more realistically I am going to marry a doctor :rotfl: lol jk. More realistically I want to become a music teacher!

TiNKERBELLAo5
01-03-2006, 06:14 PM
I would love to be Belle or Cinderella at Disneyworld.. i would get to work with prince charming :lovestruc

or if that doesnt work out

a sportscaster

or to strech the imagination a little... married to Tom Brady or Mark Prior

Maleficent909TL
01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Ah, I am going to be an author. I'm actually working on a quintet (five books) right now, although it's in its early stages. Other than that, I hope to be a vet, although if you do have to discet (Spelling?) a cat, then that's not going to happen.

:cat: I love cats!

true blonde princess
01-03-2006, 07:00 PM
my dream job woood b a famouse singer cuz i sing good or a vet cuz i luv animals

i'mgoofyswife
01-03-2006, 08:00 PM
i want just about any job that doesn't involve sitting down at a desk.i really like truvking and carpentry. (i have no clue why) maybe painting too.
i also would lke to be a famous violin player. now that would be neat! :cool1:

Epcot83
01-05-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm sure we've already had a thread like this...but what is your dream job? It can be realistic or not. So go ahead and post your dream job! :)

First off, I want to work at the Magic Kingdom as a CM for a summer job when I am 17. I want to be the person that drives the Jungle Cruise Boats, or work in Frontierland.

Then when I'm 18 and have graduated fomr highschool there is a college in Tennessee I want to go to where I can go for 2 years to be an architect, then when I'm done there, I'll go to Florida so I can be an Imagineer at Disney World.

But for any of you who are planning on getting into the Disney College Program, Don't do it!! I have an aunt that lives about an hour out of Orlando and she has a freind that works at the GF organizing weddings, special events, that sort of stuff. When i was down there last month she told me to never get into the Disney College Program, know why? Becasue they give the worst jobs they have. Like cleaning the parks, scoopin icecream, and for those unfortunate ones......scooping up Cinderella's horse's crap in the parades. So just thought I'd let ya'll know.

DollfieDreams
01-05-2006, 05:47 PM
But for any of you who are planning on getting into the Disney College Program, Don't do it!! I have an aunt that lives about an hour out of Orlando and she has a freind that works at the GF organizing weddings, special events, that sort of stuff. When i was down there last month she told me to never get into the Disney College Program, know why? Becasue they give the worst jobs they have. Like cleaning the parks, scoopin icecream, and for those unfortunate ones......scooping up Cinderella's horse's crap in the parades. So just thought I'd let ya'll know.

this is true, but in their defense: if you do start as a waitress, street sweeper, or vendor you can move your way up on the ladder. honestly, this is true. ive talked to people who are going through it right now. ive got friends who tell me that it isnt fabulous cleaning up trash or checking peoples tickets, but its still worth it all when you get to move it on up.

and even if you ARE a street cleaner or vendor, you can still make everything magical. you dont have to be an ordinary person with a broom. unless of course you choose to be. :)

also, if you have experience in foreign languages, stage tech or even costuming, your chances of landing a job as a stagehand or tour guide increase. im aiming for tour guide, and although i can speak english (obviously) im taking french and im self-teaching myself japanese.

and the more acting experience you recieve through highschool, the greater your chances of becoming a character get. but remember, just because you can smile and act like cinderella, doesnt mean thats who youre going to be. most all characters are based on height. if you are shorter than 5'7, you arent going to be a princess in america. tokyo maybe, but not here. shorter than that your best bet is chip n' dale, lilo or stitch, wendy or peter pan, a lost boy, alice, cinderella's mice, pinnochio. i was offered chip n' dale, pinnochio, stitch, and alice myself.

dont judge things until you experience it. and even if you start out small, anything is possible. besides, isnt that what disney is all about?

The Dark Dancer
01-05-2006, 05:57 PM
this is true, but in their defense: if you do start as a waitress, street sweeper, or vendor you can move your way up on the ladder. honestly, this is true. ive talked to people who are going through it right now. ive got friends who tell me that it isnt fabulous cleaning up trash or checking peoples tickets, but its still worth it all when you get to move it on up.

and even if you ARE a street cleaner or vendor, you can still make everything magical. you dont have to be an ordinary person with a broom. unless of course you choose to be. :)

also, if you have experience in foreign languages, stage tech or even costuming, your chances of landing a job as a stagehand or tour guide increase. im aiming for tour guide, and although i can speak english (obviously) im taking french and im self-teaching myself japanese.

and the more acting experience you recieve through highschool, the greater your chances of becoming a character get. but remember, just because you can smile and act like cinderella, doesnt mean thats who youre going to be. most all characters are based on height. if you are shorter than 5'7, you arent going to be a princess in america. tokyo maybe, but not here. shorter than that your best bet is chip n' dale, lilo or stitch, wendy or peter pan, a lost boy, alice, cinderella's mice, pinnochio. i was offered chip n' dale, pinnochio, stitch, and alice myself.

dont judge things until you experience it. and even if you start out small, anything is possible. besides, isnt that what disney is all about?

Very well said.....Darn..I'm 5'5"...hope I hit another growth spurt! princess: I was hoping that sometime I could be a princess...LOL

xxDisneyDancerxx
01-05-2006, 06:22 PM
My dream job is to either become a choreyographer or CM

imabrat
01-05-2006, 06:48 PM
i wanna be a dancer/choreographer........

but more realistic would be like a 1st or 2nd grade teacher

paintballer
01-16-2006, 10:48 AM
stunt car driver at DISENY :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Stitch&figment 4 eve
01-17-2006, 06:34 PM
A driver in lights camera action,swat team, csi, imaginer, 1st string defensive tackle for the PHL Eagles.

Tiinkerbelle
01-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Very well said.....Darn..I'm 5'5"...hope I hit another growth spurt! princess: I was hoping that sometime I could be a princess...LOL

Add blocks on your feet for extra height ;) Haha.

My dream job would most likely be the best world known famous Interior Designer. My realistic job would be owning my own Interior Designing company.

lauran cameron
01-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Working at WDW for a summer

or

Being on broadway/super model/actress

stitchgonecrazy
05-30-2006, 04:22 AM
photgragher

wishspirit
05-30-2006, 06:42 AM
OMG, just checked my height, im 5'7! WOOO... princess here i come! But honestly i would love to be a bell hop on the tower of terror! However, i dont know how easy it is to get a job there if ur British, i may have to work in the pub in Epcot, but im only 17. (we can drink in pubs at 18 here rather than ur 21!)

More realistically i would like to be a primary school teacher speciallising in history, then maybe go on to be a educational psychologist and help people just like me :) But doing a history degree sounds a bit daunting!

OnceUponAStar*
05-30-2006, 08:29 AM
My dream is to become a Disney Artist/Disney Imagineer. Hopefully my dreams come true.

ploto
05-30-2006, 06:04 PM
I would love to have a good high paying job at WDW. Maby an executive position.

PatriotsRule
05-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Here's my life dream:

To walk on the Red Carpet, knowing I'm nominated for Best Actress or Best Supporting Actress, some award like that. Then they actually say my name when they announce the winner. :cloud9:

So basically I want to be an actress.

Improv_Scarf
05-30-2006, 06:14 PM
My dream jobs are to be a Comedy Actress and a Writer. Of course I wouldn't mind being a cast member at WDW along the way... :thumbsup2

meg1mmfan
05-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Walt Disney Imagineer, mainly an art type and/or an animator for Walt Disney Company
:wizard:

DDRManiac
05-31-2006, 08:20 AM
I have wanted to design roller coasters since i was like 9 and its actually in the cards..ive been doing computer coaster design for years now so maybe

caitlin
05-31-2006, 06:45 PM
I want to be a Disney character at Disneyland.

I also want to be a professional actress. (Sh, it's a secret.lol)

FunnyClifford
05-31-2006, 06:53 PM

tiff13
05-31-2006, 07:05 PM
I've never liked the word job and I don't want to be tied down to one thing for the next 30 years of my life. I dont know what you would call this. I want to own a cabin resort on a lake where I'de take guests backcountry skiing/snowboarding, fishing, wakeboarding, hunting, etc. I'm taking the first step in that dream by moving to Canada (its where I want to do it).

PatriotsRule
05-31-2006, 07:52 PM
I've never liked the word job and I don't want to be tied down to one thing for the next 30 years of my life. I dont know what you would call this. I want to own a cabin resort on a lake where I'de take guests backcountry skiing/snowboarding, fishing, wakeboarding, hunting, etc. I'm taking the first step in that dream by moving to Canada (its where I want to do it).

If you love your job, you don't work a day :thumbsup2 :rolleyes:

Lil_Tink
05-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Swimmer for the Coast Guard.

Olypic Swimmer or Water Polo Player

Weather Tracker person [Like tracking hurricanes]

Or being a person to end poverty, world hunger, war ect.

StitchfansJr
05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
I would say Disney Imaginereer. :goodvibes

Robin4
05-31-2006, 11:01 PM
A princess!!! lol jk princess:

Tiinkerbelle
05-31-2006, 11:08 PM
:) I would also love to design a Disneyland park, I'm going to be taking photography, more interior design courses, a bridal consulant course and one other course to give me lots of options.

SurfingGirl
06-01-2006, 06:17 PM
Guitar Player in a famous band. Or a skate photographer.

disneydramadiva
06-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Imagineer... American Idol, not necesarily in that order.

donkeyboy8
06-01-2006, 07:51 PM

DIDO! Someday, I hope to become a high school music teacher/band director or teach/direct a band at a college. Teaching is the way to go. I'm good on the saxophone, but I don't know if I'll ever be good enough to start my own .. like .. jazz trio or something and get a record deal.

I hope to teach at a high school or college in Florida (the closer to Orlando, the better. lol.) That way, I can have a summer job at WDW being a character or something. Or, if I have a band going, we could perform at the park. That would be sweet!

IrishTink
06-02-2006, 12:50 AM
I would like to be journalist for Vouge or Allure, something like that. :surfweb:

VolleyballQt07
06-02-2006, 06:08 PM
this may sound freaky but my dream job would be to play for the detroit pistons.........the freaky part is, i'm a girl. wnba would be ok too! i could also deal with being an athletic trainer for a BIG sports team. preferblly detroit pistons then i could see the players with thier jerseys off! :goodvibes sorry, that's kinda weird. :confused3 an artist maybe. :artist: or i would love to be a princess: and be rlly rich and have ppl do wutever i say.......or a disney princess: would be okay too! :teeth: wutever i choose to be, i hope i'm happy! i wouldn't mind starting out at a fast food joint tho. :rolleyes:
oh yeah, an author too! :surfweb:

KidGoofy
06-03-2006, 09:20 PM
My dream job is to become a NBA Player.If I dont make it there I will probably be a CM at WDW.It is my home away from home.

Dragonlord11_7
06-03-2006, 10:44 PM
My dream job...? Game designer! I'm a computer freak and try to customize mine the most. I tend to make them crash more than being successful... :badpc: lol I'm not good at this stuff, but I can learn!! It's exciting to know the limits of this job: the computer's proccesser and your imagination. I love playing vidoe games, so what a better job?

swimer3
06-03-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm now think about being a Neurosurgeon