PDA

View Full Version : March 23-26, 2006 on Wonder

clovely
01-01-2006, 11:03 PM
I just booked us. We have a 5 and 6 year old. Anyone else??

clovely
01-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Will we be the only dis'ers? That'll be so sad! :sad:

clovely
01-22-2006, 11:16 AM
If it's OK, I'm going to bump myself up a bit. I'm still holding out hope we'll find someone else on our cruise. But for now I'm starting to feel a little silly talking to myself. :crazy:

BuzzBoyMom
01-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Bumping you up in case there is someone who can help with your Flat Stanley project.

Hey - maybe you'll be on the cruise by yourself and they will let Flat Stanley steer the ship!!!

clovely
02-06-2006, 12:49 PM
OK, I'm bumping myself up. I've seen posts about the cruise before and the cruise after - is there nobody on the boards going with me?

mom x4,grandma x4
02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Clovely,
You were kind enough to give my lonely thread a bump. So I am returning the favor. Hopefully someone will see this and join your thread. :thumbsup2
I wish you a very magical cruise!!!! :wizard:
mom x4,grandma x4

Fsudisney
03-04-2006, 08:25 AM
We are going! Yay!!! I have been searching this forum looking for others who would be going with us! I guess it is just us!
I am going with my parents and my younger sister, and we have cousins coming along too. No one young enough for your kids, I'm afraid. All the kids with us will be 15, and 10.

So excited! Less than 3 weeks away!!! :Pinkbounc

clovely
03-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Hi! Cool! Great to hear from you! We are all so excited!!

So does your screen name mean you're FSU fans? If so, too bad we're not sailing during football season! Do you live in Florida? We're near Tampa. We were thinking we'd go to my dad's in Kissimmee the night before and drive over to the port from there. But we're getting a brand new puppy today - he's 8 weeks!! Crazy timing, I know. But my aunt and uncle are coming to house/puppy sit while we're on the cruise so I think we'll just drive over from here Thursday morning. I want to get there early, though!

Did you make any door signs? I also made tee shirts for my kids so we'll be the family with the 5/6 year olds (g/b) in matching tee shirts! I'm glad we're going now, in a few years I'm sure they'd rebel on that one!!

We're going to have so much fun!!!!!
Cynthia

Fsudisney
03-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Yes, I am an FSU grad! This is too weird- we are in Tampa too! What a small world!
It's nice being so close to the port so we can just drive over that morning. I feel sorry for the people that live so far away and also have to deal with flights. I can't imagine! We are so lucky!
This will be our family's 4th cruise, and we have never had a door sign, so I hadn't really thought about it. But we actually just found out that both of my mothers brothers are also coming with their kids, so maybe it would be fun if we had door signs for all of us.
I will have to look into how to make them on here. I have no idea where to start!
Do you know if on the 3 day we will have the special pirate menu? I know that we still have the pirate party, but I dont know if we will get the menu. I wish we did!
I wish we were on the cruise right now!!! :cool1:

Jakesmommy
03-05-2006, 04:19 PM
:wave2: Hello~ WE are from Tampa too and we are going on the Wonder from Mar 23-26 as well. I have a 6.5 year old little boy names Jake and we are so excited. this will be our 3rd disney cruise. My husband just gave me the ok to book our fl resident rate and I couldn't be happier.

Anyway, nice to meet you guys!!! Tell me about yourselves...

Melinda Noland

clovely
03-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Wow, now we're rolling. And how freaky that we'll practically be caravaning over from Tampa!

This is our first cruise and, from what I've read here, I'm also under the impression we wont have a special pirate menu. I'm kinda glad we don't, though, or we would effectively be missing one of the restaurants' menus.

I am a first timer so I'm not sure about this but is it possible to ask to be seated together for our dinner rotations? FSUDisney, you don't have smaller kids and it sounds like you'll have a big group, so you might not be interested in doing that. I'm sure with your big group that wouldn't even be possible. Just a thought.

mom x4,grandma x4
03-06-2006, 05:30 AM
Clovely,
I am so happy you finally got some posts on your thread. Mine has started to grow too. I am up to 6 families so far. :grouphug:
I know it is close to your cruise so I just wanted to wish everyone on this thread a MAGICAL cruise!!!!!!
My friend got back last week and the weather was perfect, :sunny: I hope it stays that way for you too!
please give us a cruise report when you return. :thumbsup2

mom x4,grandma x4
:yay:

Fsudisney
03-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Wow- THREE families from Tampa! Too weird!
I am not sure how the dinner thing works. I know we will definitely have a large group- I don't even think all of us will get to sit together, so you are probably right- it may not work with our group.
Wow! Your first cruise! Are you SO excited! This is my 4th, and I am addicted. Every year, I get this craving to go back. Hopefully you will have a great time and enjoy it just as much as we do. Although if you love Disney, I am sure you will love the cruise! :goodvibes
I am so excited for you! The first time is the best because everything is so new! :Pinkbounc Your kids are going to love it!!!

clovely
03-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Melinda/JakesMommy, do you know if it's possible or how to request our seatings be together for dinner rotation? Are you interested if it is possible? We're in the early rotation.

Jakesmommy
03-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Hey there! I don't think we will be in the early seating. Right now I am on the waiting list for the early. Hopefully we will get it though. We should come up with a place to meet. I can't wait. My husband isn't a REAL disney person, so I had to convince him to go again. He said as long as I didn't promise him to do everything we could go. I am all for that...YEAH!!!!!

can't wait to meet everyone. So cool that we all live in Tampa. Do either of you scrapbook?

clovely
03-09-2006, 06:27 PM
So cool that we all live in Tampa. Do either of you scrapbook?

I scrapbook! Can't wait to get home from this cruise and do a whole book on just those four days!!

When are you planning to drive over? I want to be there to be one of the first to board and hit the pool! I'd like to shoot to leave here around 7:00-7:30. My kids, ds5 & dd6 will be in matching t-shirts that I made most of the time (not in the pool or at dinner, except pirate night they'll match).

I'm so excited!!

Jakesmommy
03-12-2006, 08:02 PM
GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU SCRAPBOOK!!! I LOVE IT!!! Infact my son'
teacher just left my house, we were scrapping away tonight.

WE will already be in Orlando starting On Sunday 03/19 to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. Then we are staying at Portofino until Wednesday and then off to the cruise. I like to be there early too. I am hoping to be on board before noon. I know Jake ( my son) will be ready to swim and get sailing.

We haven't cruised Disney in two years. I haven't had the pirate night thingy...WE have some pirate stuff, should we bring it? I think it will be sooo cute. Will your little ones go to the camp? My son loves it and doesn't want us to pick him up. LOL!! I love that too, but I want to hang out with him a lot too, so we'll have to make out times for him to do that.
Where in Tampa do you live? We are in Tampa Palms!! (actually new tampa, closer to wesley chapel. (near Super Target)

Melinda

clovely
03-13-2006, 05:31 AM
I've had so many people tell me that their kids didn't want to come out of the club. I'm like you, though...I want to do stuff with them! I've been through the navigators and there are a few activities I know they wouldn't want to miss, and of course when we go to Palo, but I don't plan to just drop them off for the day. Being the 3 night, we don't have that much time anyway.

We are taking pirate stuff for the kids. Dh wont dress up, plus that's our Palo night, so I got him a Buccaneers tie.

We are actually in the Brandon area, practically the other side of the world from Tampa Palms, LOL!

Fsudisney
03-13-2006, 09:41 PM
I have all this scrapbooking stuff, but can't seem to actually make anything! I think I get scrappers block! I am new to it though so don't really know how to do it and I like everything to be perfect so it is hard for me to just try things- I am too afraid to mess it up! Plus I never seem to have time- this is my first year teaching (kindergarten) and that seems to take up all my time!

Melinda- you should totally bring the pirate stuff! I think everyone that dresses up or even has a little something looks so cute!

I live in South Tampa, so between the 3 of us, we have the whole area covered! :)

clovely
03-16-2006, 10:41 AM
We're getting so close!! I'm bumping this up in case we've missed anyone.

We should almost try to get together after the cruise to scrapbook some of our photos. Brandon or S. Tampa might be quite a trek from New Tampa, though. We have a shop here in Brandon, Scraptopia, that does a crop night once/month where you go from 7p-Midnight and can use all their equipment and pick up stuff from the shop and just pay at the end for whatever you used. It's a lot of fun with a few friends. FSU Disney, I'm sure we could get you rolling. I've thought about trying to do the book for this trip mostly or all digital - but I get so frustrated any time I try to mess with that. I'd rather stick to my scissors and glue, I guess.

Melinda, maybe you'll have luck switching to main dining when you board. I've debated which would be best. I think the early is going to have us so rushed but I do think my kids would be the ones you see sleeping under the table if we had late seating.

If all goes well, I'm hoping you can find us by the Mickey pool Thursday afternoon! It's 11:50 now - one week from today we'll be on the ship or about ready to board! Can't wait!!

BTW, Melinda, my kids are wearing tee shirts I made for pirate night and I used some old black pants and cut the bottoms like shipwreck pants or something. I've got red sashes to tie around their waists and a couple props from birthdayexpress.com (hats, swords, earrings, etc). Didn't go overboard on the costumes or anything.

Jakesmommy
03-18-2006, 09:14 AM
:cool1: Just got word from Disney that we got alittle upgrade!!!! YEAH! WE always book a cat 11 with the hopes that we will get an upgrade. We got upgraded to a cat 8. I think our room is 5518. I'm excited. We leave tomorrow for Orlando for the week. I have shortish blondish brown hair. I will be by the pool. I think we still have late seating but that's okay. We will probably not eat in the dining room anyway. We are eating at PALO on the first night. CLOVELY, good idea about the bucs tie. I should have thought of that. My husband is a HUGE BUCS FAN!!!!! LOL!!!

See ya'll in less than a week.

clovely
03-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Congratulations on the upgrade!! I just checked on the off chance; no upgrade. I certainly didn't expect one but you never know...we're in 6054. Did I ask already if you made any door magnets? Our room would be easy to spot - especially if we're the only three on board from DISboards and presumably no one else would decorate their door. Guess I might be a shoe-in for best decorated door. ;)

I'm a compulive mess. I've been combing through posted Navigators and making our itineraries. I could tell you at this point where we'll probably be every minute of the cruise - I'll have to keep reminding myself to RELAX!! I know there are several things on my schedule here that we'll be busy somewhere else and just skip. But I like to have a plan!! And I don't want to spend the first day and a half trying to figure out what's going on and find out after the fact about all kinds of things we missed that we would've wanted to do. So this site's been a HUGE help!

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up Thursday afternoon at the pool. If your son would like to hang out with dd and ds, maybe when they go to the club especially, that would be fun for them and nice for him to go in kinda halway knowing somebody. On my obsessive schedule, I'm not planning to let them just hang out in the club the whole time but I'm thinking Thursday after dinner and the show, if they're still up for it, they could go play up there for an hour or so while dh and I look around - and maybe hit that Martinis in Flight! What time is your Palo reservation? It'll probably be while my kids are at dinner and/or Hercules so they wont be in the club till later (9:30 or whenever the show's over).

Friday, I think they'll want to do the pirate party that afternoon. And then we're going to go to our 6:00 dinner and eat quickly (dh and I will just have appetizers or salads) and then we're going to take them to the Lab because we have an 8:00 Palo reservation. I don't want to rush but I'd like to get the kids and get to the Pirate Party at 9:45 too. We'll see.

Do you do yoga?? I read somewhere that there's yoga on the beach on the CC day....can't find it now, though. If it's offered, I'm going to do it!! Sounds awesome! Then there are several kids activities I think ours will enjoy after lunch that day - nap time on the beach for me!! I'd like to get cleaned up in time to get them back for the club graduation stuff but that might be pushing it.

Like I said, I'm making my poor kids wear matching tee shirts so we'll be easy to spot (I guess except in their swimsuits - which I happen to know will be both red on Thursday - I know, I need professional help!). FSUDisney, do you think your big group will want to go to the restaurant or just up to the buffet when you get in? If you go to the buffet, keep an eye out for us there or by the pool!!

This time next week we'll all three be at Castaway Cay!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

clovely
03-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Oh, by the way, I looked online and thought I'd have to order the tie with the Bucs flag on it but I found one at one of the sports stores in our mall. Fan Attic, I think.

pepsiontherocks
03-18-2006, 11:12 PM
My family of 25 will be cruising on the Wonder April 23-27, 2006! My granddaughter is 5 years old and she is going with us. Also have a granddaughter (age 9), grandson (age 9) and another grandson (age 3) going. All of my great-neices and great-nephews are going. I think there are eight of them. I'm not sure of their ages but they are all under 9 years of age.

I just booked us. We have a 5 and 6 year old. Anyone else??

willbug97
03-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi all I can't believe its tomorrow....We need some pixie dust....It looks like rain........... :sad2: At the port and in Nassau......This was a last minute cruise for us.........Hope to meet you all..........Please no rain :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Jakesmommy
03-23-2006, 06:26 AM
IT'S TODAY EVERYONE!!!! YEAH!!! hopefully the rain will go FAR FAR AWAY!!!!! SPREAD SOME SUNNY PIXIE DUST :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

clovely
03-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi, guys! Did we all have a wonderful time? Bummer about the weather in Nassau. Oh well. I was so glad it was sunny on Castaway Cay! But it was a little cold for our Florida blood still!!

We had a great time. I'm getting bunches of pictures printed. And I'll try to get a trip report going soon.

Cynthia

Fsudisney
03-28-2006, 05:16 PM
We had a great time! The rain did stink, but it was still fun! I was totally looking forward to the sail away party though- that is really what makes me realize Yes! I am on vacation! The sail away party in the atrium just wasn't the same!
The three day goes by way too fast though!
Now its back to the real world... :guilty: