PDA

View Full Version : Simon...

MuNkY
01-01-2006, 05:25 PM
You all know him. The dumb guy on American Idol. He crushes people's dreams, and he doesn't care. I just want to say, I hate this guy. Who says he knows who can be a superstar and who can't? I mean, I bet you can take a TON of singers making millions in bands where their voice just fits the sound, put them on that show, and he would tell them that they could never succeed in the music buisness. I mean, Sully Erna from Godsmack and James Hetfield from Metallica wouldn't last very long on that show. But look at them. They are both making a boatload of money, in two very succesful bands. Sure they don't have the best voices in the world, but I'll tell ya this, their voices fit the sound of those bands. Also, how succesful have the past what, three American Idol winners been? I'm just saying that Simon, it takes more than a good voice to make a sucessful music career.

2HOT2touch
01-01-2006, 05:29 PM
I think they did put a singer from a band in one of the auditions and Simon said he was horrible. and i think some people that have been on American Idol are now singers...

The Dark Dancer
01-01-2006, 05:29 PM
You all know him. The dumb guy on American Idol. He crushes people's dreams, and he doesn't care. I just want to say, I hate this guy. Who says he knows who can be a superstar and who can't? I mean, I bet you can take a TON of singers making millions in bands where their voice just fits the sound, put them on that show, and he would tell them that they could never succeed in the music buisness. I mean, Sully Erna from Godsmack and James Hetfield from Metallica wouldn't last very long on that show. But look at them. They are both making a boatload of money, in two very succesful bands. Sure they don't have the best voices in the world, but I'll tell ya this, their voices fit the sound of those bands. Also, how succesful have the past what, three American Idol winners been? I'm just saying that Simon, it takes more than a good voice to make a sucessful music career.

I totally agree.....He can be a real jerk. ::yes:: Just because someone doesn't have a perfect voice, doesn't mean that he has the right to degrade them.

Arielfn93
01-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I think he should be a bit more calm about it all

AllyGirlie
01-01-2006, 05:31 PM
In my opinion American Idol is a joke. I watch the first few episodes to watch all the idiots give it their all. Anyways, where are all these "idols" now? The only one you really still hear about is Kelly Clarkson and sometimes Carrie Underwood (because of her new song). I think Clarkson the most popular one, all the others kind of did their thing and then were never heard from again.

2HOT2touch
01-01-2006, 05:40 PM
In my opinion American Idol is a joke. I watch the first few episodes to watch all the idiots give it their all. Anyways, where are all these "idols" now? The only one you really still hear about is Kelly Clarkson and sometimes Carrie Underwood (because of her new song). I think Clarkson the most popular one, all the others kind of did their thing and then were never heard from again.
actually the runner up Clay is going to start a new album and i think it is going to be country.

Princess Ash
01-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Guys...Simon is a character...put on a show to make people hate him. That is his only function.
Chill out...
If people really want to have their voices heard...they won't give up at an American Idol audition, c'mooon
No, he doesn't have to be rude...but if he wasn't...1/2 of the American Idol audience would be lost.

xxDisneyDancerxx
01-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I think simon is a relly good judge! He accually tells them when the person is bad unllike paula...shes too nice to them...

I just wanted to post my opinon

nightmareb4xmas
01-01-2006, 06:17 PM
i agree. you know...these are young kids who want to make their dreams come true, they shouldnt be put down so harshly...But then again, thats what makes Simon, Simon. It brings in viewers and ratings, and i think thats partly why he's like that. The audience wants to see that. Sadly to say, I Like to see that on shows.

as for anything else, i only watch the first few weeks of American Idol...i just like the auditions.

and what Disney Dancer said, hes a good judge because that encourages them to do better and work on it, unlike paula who thinks everyone is good, even William Hung...

beachbaby91
01-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I love Simon, lol. I think he's just supposed to act like the mean one, and he does it well. He is just giving constructive criticism. Some people who come on are a joke, trying to be William Hung or something. Some are very foolish and just hurt your ears. Simon just seems to be very blunt.

Paula - Overly Nice.
Simon - Blunt.
Randy - Just says Dawg a lot and mostly goes with Paula.

Sparx
01-01-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't care if he's a character, he's why that I don't watch american idol. I can't stand to watch him. To make it on that show you have to fit the mold. If you don't fit that mold you're not going to get far.

MyHappyEnding_
01-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Clay Aiken did pretty well for awhile..

...god, I love Clay lol <3

The Dark Dancer
01-01-2006, 08:45 PM
and what Disney Dancer said, hes a good judge because that encourages them to do better and work on it, unlike paula who thinks everyone is good, even William Hung...

Oh Lord...Now I've got "She Bangs" (The William Hung version) stuck in my head.....http://straitstimes.asia1.com/mnt/media/image/launched/2004-06-16/hung.jpg :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :faint:

polysisterchick
01-01-2006, 08:59 PM
lol

am I the only one who thinks his behavior is funny?

nightmareb4xmas
01-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Oh Lord...Now I've got "She Bangs" (The William Hung version) stuck in my head.....http://straitstimes.asia1.com/mnt/media/image/launched/2004-06-16/hung.jpg :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :faint:

:rotfl:

OhMyGosh....that picture of William Hung is petrifying

lol

The Dark Dancer
01-01-2006, 09:33 PM
:rotfl:

OhMyGosh....that picture of William Hung is petrifying

lol

I know.....I will have nightmares..... :scared:

But then again....looking at that pic who wouldn't? ;)

lol

Princess Ash
01-02-2006, 12:45 AM
I don't care if he's a character, he's why that I don't watch american idol. I can't stand to watch him. To make it on that show you have to fit the mold. If you don't fit that mold you're not going to get far.

Well, no, you're not going to get far in that show. But if you're looking to go on that show...you should already know that. If you really want what you want...then you can go after it in other avenues. Look at me, I want to be a model and I'm 5'3"!!! You think I'm going to go on America's Next Top Model??? NO! I'd never make it! But I AM going to try to persue my dreams via other avenues. Where there's a will, there's a way.

The Dark Dancer
01-02-2006, 12:55 AM
Well, no, you're not going to get far in that show. But if you're looking to go on that show...you should already know that. If you really want what you want...then you can go after it in other avenues. Look at me, I want to be a model and I'm 5'3"!!! You think I'm going to go on America's Next Top Model??? NO! I'd never make it! But I AM going to try to persue my dreams via other avenues. Where there's a will, there's a way.

That's a great attitude Ash! :wizard: I want to be a Disney artist or imagineer but, the odds ain't very pretty y'all. But, I'm going to try my best to do that and pursue my dream. :cheer2:

I'd love to be the artist who works in the castle's art shop!!!!! :cloud9:
The artist can take orders and draw a specific character and personalize them for someone.....(My Dream Job) I love Disney, making people happy, and drawing....so yeah.... :teeth:

Sorry...off-topic! :blush:

dragonfly75
01-02-2006, 10:19 AM
The reason that American Idol winners other than Kelly Clarkson haven't been heard from is that they went into different genres than Kelly-Ruben is in Gospel, Fantasia in R&B and Carrie in Country

MuNkY
01-02-2006, 11:21 AM
The reason that American Idol winners other than Kelly Clarkson haven't been heard from is that they went into different genres than Kelly-Ruben is in Gospel, Fantasia in R&B and Carrie in Country
Well if we never hear from them, then they obviously arn't doing too well are they? :confused3

beachbaby91
01-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Kelly Clarkson is the biggest by far. Listening to her now. I want to be a singer when I get older, and if I go on American Idol and Simon rips me a new one, too bad for him :P. I'll still go for it year after year.

Sparx
01-02-2006, 12:57 PM
absolutly true. And goodluck with being a model. my friend's mom is a model. Shes like 5'2'' or 5'1''

Princess Ash
01-02-2006, 01:46 PM
absolutly true. And goodluck with being a model. my friend's mom is a model. Shes like 5'2'' or 5'1''

Um right, Simon Cowell (spelling?) Did anyone else notice that his last name sounds like "coward"?

U Just Got PUNKD
01-02-2006, 04:34 PM

Whoa...
that is probally the uglyest guy I have EVER seen (sorry Willy :p )
But anyway I think that Simon is a little too hard on people... and he needs to be more that paula lol

2HOT2touch
01-02-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm going to start modeling too!! and I am only 5'2"...I'll prolly start with John casablancas and hopefully move up to Elite.

Oh Lord...Now I've got "She Bangs" (The William Hung version) stuck in my head.....

I'm sorry, i think its sad that this kid is getting a bunch of money just because people like to make fun of him.