PDA

View Full Version : Anyone cruising the Wonder 1-26-06

dsjmeadors
01-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Im sailing wtih Dh, myself, and my 2 kids. 5 yr old girl. and 3 yr old boy.

Disneynut1955
01-03-2006, 11:34 PM
My wife and I just booked a Cat. 3 for this cruise. We are 31 and 34 with no children (we are just big kids!). We hope to meet others from DIS onboard.

TCB in FLA
01-03-2006, 11:46 PM
We're going to be on the cruise as well -- and get this, I have a DS5 and a DS3 -- so they'll be in the same group in the kids' club! We're going to be sailing along with my parents.

Our papers just arrived today! Now I'm officially excited! :Pinkbounc

Ginia
01-04-2006, 12:32 AM
We're on this cruise also (Me, Dh, DD 3, and DS 2). Dh's parents are also coming.

TCB in FLA
01-14-2006, 05:30 PM
We're a quiet group -- or else we are simply packing already! I started with a list of things to pack for each segment of our trip. We have two nights before the cruise, then two days of Disney afterward. I figure I will pack three mini-bags for each segment rather than one huge suitcase to drag everywhere. Luckily, we are driving, so I can store things in the SUV!

I haven't told DS5 and DS3 yet -- how did you break the news to your children? :earsboy:

dsjmeadors
01-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Oh yes I've been packing. We are also driving,and doing 1 day at disney, but 3 days total in Orlando afterward.

My kids are sooooo excited. I made one of the countdown rings. So each morning, they practically FALL out of bed to go tear one off!

Its almost time! :cool1:

TCB in FLA
01-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Deaven - What dining time have you been assigned? We've got the 8:30 -- there's no way DSs are going to last that long! I want them to be able to eat with us at least one night. I do like the idea of the early show. I'm thinking the solution will be to have them eat early, go to the show, then put them in the club while the grownups eat.

dsjmeadors
01-14-2006, 10:17 PM
We are 8:30 as well!!!!!

I think, mine MAY be okay. I dont know. Im kind of nervous about it. we've been kinda testing them, and letting them stay up late. At home they are in bed and asleep by 8:15. Last night they DS stayed up till 10. He did okay today. DD however, stayed up until 1:15. She was in bed at 7 tonight. A late snack, and maybe a snooze, I think they'll be okay. DD DEFINITLY has tons of energy!
Definitly a nap on CC day will be in order!
I just got done packing up all our toys for CC. Not much, just stuff to do sand castles with.

dsjmeadors
01-14-2006, 10:25 PM
BTW- did you get Palo's?????

TCB in FLA
01-15-2006, 10:01 AM
We are going to Palo's on the last night! I'm really looking forward to it! Are you going?

I've also been working on having the boys stay up a little longer at night, although we are paying for it with grumpy children in the morning (they are still getting up at their usual crack of dawn hour). I agree with you that naps are certainly in order! :faint:

dsjmeadors
01-15-2006, 01:15 PM
sigh-no palo's They were booked. So as soon as we board hubby is going to try and get some of those left over spots!!!!!!!!

TCB in FLA
01-15-2006, 02:56 PM
That's too bad about Palo's. Here's hoping something will open up onboard -- you never know!

When are you getting to the port? Since we are driving down early (we're checking out Kennedy Space Center on Wednesday), we figured hitting the port about 11:15 or so in hopes of getting onboard early. It would be great if the weather was nice enough to swim early on, but I'm not holding my breath. I also want to try to get our dining time changed.

Ginia
01-16-2006, 04:12 PM
We have 8:30 seating too! My kids should be ok. My DS may be a little grumpy, but he will make it :) This is our first cruise so I'm trying to make sure I get everything packed...we are all pretty excited though!

Ginia

TCB in FLA
01-16-2006, 07:33 PM
This is our first cruise as well -- unless you count the overnight ferry between England and Holland for me and a stow-away (DS!). Didn't go too well, although I think that was more morning sickness than seasickness. I bought sea-bands today, just 2 pairs though. I can't imagine all of us being seasick. The guy at CVS told me to keep the receipt and bring them back if we don't need them.

What types of clothing are you bringing? I've noticed that Nassau has been upper 70s for the high and 60s for the low. That's just a bit warmer than here, esp. at night. I'm hoping that long-sleeved shirts for the boys and a short sweater for me will be enough. I'll throw in our fleeces just in case.

TCB in FLA
01-16-2006, 08:09 PM
We just got moved to early seating - 6 p.m.! :banana: Yeah! The boys have a hard enough time with 2-hour meals as it is and with it being practically their bedtime at 8:30, I knew they'd never be able to make it.

dsjmeadors
01-16-2006, 10:27 PM
We are leaving Wensday night around 8pm. And are driving straight through from KY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we'll see.

Lucky dog on the seating. Im REALLY hoping that we get bumped in cabins! We lowered ours to Deck 1, just to get on the ship ( $$$ wise) The lady on the phone said to mention I am a Disney Store CM, and we MAY get something when we check in.
Oh, and we are boarding with swim suits under our clothes! LOL

dadofsami
01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
We are also on the Wonder for Jan 26 2006. Was wondering if there is anyone with 2 people wanting to share the cost of a room at comfort suites, so we can cut down cost of use at Atlantis. I will be traveling with my 14 year old daughter.

Disneynut1955
01-17-2006, 08:20 PM
We are also on the Wonder for Jan 26 2006. Was wondering if there is anyone with 2 people wanting to share the cost of a room at comfort suites, so we can cut down cost of use at Atlantis. I will be traveling with my 14 year old daughter.

My wife and I have a room booked for the day and would be happy to split it with you. They allow four (4) wristbands per room and it is just the two of us. I will send a private message to you as well.

Ginia
01-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Do all of you have passports or just birthcertificates? The cruise line told DH and I that I only needed bc's. I'm just hoping that they knew what they were talking about and let me on the boat...now I'm getting nervous...

dsjmeadors
01-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Nope, we have just BC's as well. you should be good! :thumbsup2

And we just checked tonight, and have been moved up to the 6:30 dinner! :cool1:
I was secretly hoping for a cabin upgrade from the mouse! LOL

TCB in FLA
01-22-2006, 11:13 AM
We have BCs for the boys, passports for us. I would like to have gotten passports for the boys as well but was shocked by the cost! I don't remember it being that high when we got ours 10 years ago!

Deaven - great news about the dining change. Good luck with the cabin upgrade!

Ginia
01-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with just a birth certificate:)

I just checked and our seating has been bumped to 6! :Pinkbounc

Is everyone getting excited? I can't wait!!! Also, is anyone doing a door sign? I think I'm going to make one for my FIL for his birthday.

Ginia

dsjmeadors
01-22-2006, 04:11 PM
WHO HOOO GINIA!

Im so stoked I cant even stand it! If only I didnt have that darn 14-16 hr drive ahead of me!

TCB in FLA
01-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Gina- Great news about the 6 seating! We'll be there as well.

I spent part of today packing and of course those boys walked in at least a half dozen times, usually when I had out something like sand toys or a mickey shirt. I'm thinking they are going to catch on, don't you think? We have about a 8 hour drive ahead on Tuesday and we'll tell them then. Can't wait!

dsjmeadors
01-22-2006, 08:49 PM
OMGSH,

I cannot belive you havent told them. I'd be BURSTING. My kids are so excited. My 3 year old especially, and I didnt think he'd really be until we saw the boat.
We watched it sail away on www.twopalms.com tonight, and that was a treat!

Dh, got him self all packed tonight. and DD "thinks" she packed! LOL I on the otherhand, have laundry to do! LOL

dsjmeadors
01-22-2006, 08:54 PM
did anyone else check the weather channel. we are headed for a week of rain.

so lets give some :sunny: vibes!

Ginia
01-22-2006, 10:21 PM
I don't think I could make the drive! I'm way too excited :rotfl: I hope the rain decides to hold off (or pass quickly).

I went and bought the kids new swimsuits tonight and they were telling everyone that would listen that they are for the "Mickey ship". My DS keeps asking me if BUzz is going to be there and my DD can't wait to see the princesses...I even had a hard time getting them to sleep tonight...I hope the next few days fly by!

Ginia

Ginia
01-22-2006, 10:27 PM
What level is everyone on? Are we going to be close? We're on 5.

Ginia

dsjmeadors
01-23-2006, 07:38 AM
were on 1. :rolleyes:

Castaway Stowaway
01-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Hey guys, im not on your sailing but Im hoping you guys can help the rest of us do something really special for a family thay is. I dont know if you seen his thread in the main forums, but our fellow Diser, Weathernlu, has gone through a terrible ordeal. He lost everything in Hurricane Katrina and has been through all the hoops to surprise his wife with a dcl cruise. Check out his thread. Its JACKPOT we got on or something to that effect. Anyway, Im hoping that there is something we (you,seeing as i wont be on :sad2: )can figure something out to make this cruise really special. Im just throwing this idea out there, i know but i need your help to figure something out.

TCB in FLA
01-23-2006, 02:40 PM
We are on level 6.

I'm not exactly looking forward to the drive either but figured we'll be doing nothing but talking about the cruise with the boys the entire time. And they'll get to watch the cruise planning DVD to pass the time -- I wonder how many times we'll do so in 8 hours?!

Ginia
01-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey guys, im not on your sailing but Im hoping you guys can help the rest of us do something really special for a family thay is. I dont know if you seen his thread in the main forums, but our fellow Diser, Weathernlu, has gone through a terrible ordeal. He lost everything in Hurricane Katrina and has been through all the hoops to surprise his wife with a dcl cruise. Check out his thread. Its JACKPOT we got on or something to that effect. Anyway, Im hoping that there is something we (you,seeing as i wont be on :sad2: )can figure something out to make this cruise really special. Im just throwing this idea out there, i know but i need your help to figure something out.

PM on the way...

Ginia

Ginia
01-23-2006, 07:07 PM
We should all try and meet up some time while we are cruising! Any thoughts?

Ginia

TCB in FLA
01-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Great idea, esp. since all of our kids are around the same age! My boys do well when they have "friends", even if it's only someone they met briefly before.

Unfortunately, I don't have any ideas about when/where -- and we need to pick soon before we leave Tuesday at noon!

I can't believe we are leaving tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Ginia
01-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Well, I guess we didn't get to pick a time since it is Tuesday at 11:30pm...Anyone else have any suggestions? This is my first cruise and I am kinda clueless:)

Ginia

hannahcup
01-25-2006, 09:14 AM
I will be on this cruise too!! Also DH, and DS4. Our first time!!!! :yay:

Ginia
01-25-2006, 04:04 PM
hannahcup ~ Glad you joined the group! All of our kids are right around the same ages. They will all have lots of friends in their clubs:)

For anyone that is still checking this thread before tomorrow ( :) ) I'm on Deck 5 and there will be a sign on my door. Feel free to stop by or leave a note!

Also, why don't we all try to meet up on Pirate night. I'm not sure where it takes place since I've never been, but I figure it is a start :lol:

I'm going to print out this thread and take it with me so I remember everyone's screenname:)

Ginia

hannahcup
01-25-2006, 10:36 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Tomorrow we will be :moped: arriving!!!!!!!
:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: Bon Voyage!!!!
Look for us on Deck 2
Grant and Hannah Kartagener
We will have serious magnets on our door!!
I made them last night and am psyched about them!!! :banana: :banana:
Hope to see you!!!

Ginia
01-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Last post before leaving!!! I can't believe it's here already!!!

Here's to some serious mouse...errr, I mean down, time:)

Ginia

Ginia
02-01-2006, 08:34 PM
So how was everyones trip?

Ginia

dsjmeadors
02-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Ours was great. although my 3 year old, we now know gets sea sick. We didnt realize it until the last night though. Poor guy. We couldnt figure out WHY he was so crabby. ( which ultimatly made for a crabby mommy.)
We truely had a wonderful time. Did anyone else?