PDA

View Full Version : RollerCoaster

2HOT2touch
12-31-2005, 02:50 PM
I am taking my friend to Disney in August. She has never been on a rollercoaster before and i don't want to go on them by myself. So I was wondering what you all thought would be a good first and second rollercoaster. I was thinking going on splash mountain(shes never been on that either) then thundermountain and then spacemountain. and then going on from there. What do you all think?

soccercruiser87
12-31-2005, 02:54 PM
1st - Big Thunder
2nd - Space Mountain
3rd/4th- Rockin Roller Coaster or Expedition Mt. Everest (take your pick, not sure what one is more intense because Everest doesnt open til spring '06 but you'll be there when Everest is open, but i'll try to find more info bout Everest and let you know)

The Dark Dancer
12-31-2005, 03:23 PM
1st - Big Thunder
2nd - Space Mountain
3rd/4th- Rockin Roller Coaster or Expedition Mt. Everest (take your pick, not sure what one is more intense because Everest doesn't open til spring '06 but you'll be there when Everest is open, but I'll try to find more info bout Everest and let you know)

That would be a good order to go in because, it would let her get used to them without anything too intense on her 1st try. :)

Here's a pic of the track I found: http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_everest_0.html
^ You can click the arrows to see more pics of the track ;)

Hope that helps a little! Have Fun! :grouphug: :wizard:

Princess Ash
12-31-2005, 03:40 PM
That would be a good order to go in because, it would let her get used to them without anything too intense on her 1st try. :)

Here's a pic of the track I found: http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_everest_0.html
^ You can click the arrows to see more pics of the track ;)

Hope that helps a little! Have Fun! :grouphug: :wizard:

Thanks for that awesome link!

I'd have to say Splash before them all...

2HOT2touch
12-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Thanks everyone!!

The Dark Dancer
12-31-2005, 03:45 PM

No Problem. :goodvibes Yeah, you would want to take her on Splash to get used to drops. ;)

soccercruiser87
12-31-2005, 03:47 PM

yea splash would be great if it was a roller coaster lol jp..i knew what you were saying because of the drops.

Princess Ash
12-31-2005, 03:58 PM
yea splash would be great if it was a roller coaster lol jp..i knew what you were saying because of the drops.

::yes::
Leave it to you to correct me...hahaha
But yes, that's what I meant...

Daisymae26
12-31-2005, 05:18 PM
1st - Big Thunder
2nd - Space Mountain
3rd/4th- Rockin Roller Coaster or Expedition Mt. Everest (take your pick, not sure what one is more intense because Everest doesnt open til spring '06 but you'll be there when Everest is open, but i'll try to find more info bout Everest and let you know)

I agree with you Travis; those are easy roller coasters to start your friend on! I would put Splash before Rockin' because I think it's less intense.

MyHappyEnding_
12-31-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm doing the same exact thing. :) In August too.

Yeah, I'm gonna start with Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, then Space Mountain, and hopefully my friend will agree to go on Rock n Roller coaster lol.

marypops!
12-31-2005, 05:45 PM
hasn't anyone thought of going on goofy's barnstormer i'm thinking it's less intense then big thunder though i'm not sure

MyHappyEnding_
12-31-2005, 05:46 PM
hasn't anyone thought of going on goofy's barnstormer i'm thinking it's less intense then big thunder though i'm not sure

It probably is. But you don't really see many teenagers going on it. lol

MuNkY
12-31-2005, 05:55 PM
I was going to say basically the same thing everyone else has said in this thread, so yeah, just read what they posted.

soccercruiser87
12-31-2005, 07:07 PM

i thought of it but then realized its pretty much not even a roller coaster, its more for children and thats why its in Mickeys Toontown Fair. :)

Princess Ash
12-31-2005, 07:08 PM
i thought of it but then realized its pretty much not even a roller coaster, its more for children and thats why its in Mickeys Toontown Fair. :)

:wave: I ride it! I ride it! :wave:

The point of being at Disney is being a kid. So I am a kid at Disney.
That.......and I have a 10 year old brother who asks me to go on it with him!

soccercruiser87
12-31-2005, 07:12 PM
:wave: I ride it! I ride it! :wave:

The point of being at Disney is being a kid. So I am a kid at Disney.
That.......and I have a 10 year old brother who asks me to go on it with him!

yea...anyways :rolleyes: ...lol jp..i have rode it before with my 11 year old cousin.

2HOT2touch
12-31-2005, 09:08 PM
I've ridden it but I kind of forgot about it.

MuNkY
12-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Actually I tried that, "work your way up" stuff. It's never worked. Take them on RNR first thing and then you will see if they are a coaster person. :)

The Dark Dancer
12-31-2005, 09:18 PM
We tried working my friend up to RNR, but it didn't work. She didn't like Space Mountain, Splash, or RNR....but she did like Dinosaur? Weird. :confused3

MuNkY
12-31-2005, 09:20 PM
We tried working my friend up to RNR, but it didn't work. She didn't like Space Mountain, Splash, or RNR....but she did like Dinosaur? Weird. :confused3
Dinosaur isn't a rollercoaster. I love Space Mountain, RNR, and Thunder Mountain, but I absolutly will not ride Dinosaur.

The Dark Dancer
12-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Dinosaur isn't a rollercoaster. I love Space Mountain, RNR, and Thunder Mountain, but I absolutely will not ride Dinosaur.

Yea, but the thing that was weird to me was that, to me Dinosaur is rough and jerky but RNR, Space, and Splash are way smoother. (Space is a little rough, though) But she hated those three ^ because she said they were way to rough and scary....To me Dinosaur is alot scarier than Splash. :confused3

But she did like BTM; She kept saying," Let's go ride the Hubba-Bubba Whirlwind!" ....She called it that the whole trip. lol

MuNkY
12-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Yea, but the thing that was weird to me was that, to me Dinosaur is rough and jerky
Yeah. Once I rode dinosaur and ended up in the seat next to me.

Sparx
12-31-2005, 09:41 PM
The work your way up doesnt' work. first find out if you are a roller coaster person, then if you are, ride them all, if you're not, don't.

But I am just a thrill ride junky and I ride everything over and over again, anyway. ;)

The Dark Dancer
12-31-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah. Once I rode dinosaur and ended up in the seat next to me.

Wow. :earseek: When My friend who went (she's only 90 lbs.) rode splash, she rose up out of her seat completely! The 2nd time she rode, we convinced her that she'd be alright; her Mom had put her legs over her. That was the last time she rode splash, lol

Sparx
12-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Wow. :earseek: When My friend who went (she's only 90 lbs.) rode splash, she rose up out of her seat completely! The 2nd time she rode, we convinced her that she'd be alright; her Mom had put her legs over her. That was the last time she rode splash, lol
lol the first time I road TOT there was this guy in the back and he had to hold his daughter down, she kept flying way up out of her seat. She was tiny. In the picture the guy has both of his hands on her shoulders pulling her back down. :rotfl:

2HOT2touch
12-31-2005, 09:57 PM
I hate dinosour. but I asked her if she wanted to go on RNR but she said no. shes kinda scared of rollercoasters. but i wont go on RNR by myself. I have never been on it and i dont want to go on it by myself.

The Dark Dancer
12-31-2005, 10:02 PM
I hate dinosour. but I asked her if she wanted to go on RNR but she said no. shes kinda scared of rollercoasters. but i wont go on RNR by myself. I have never been on it and i dont want to go on it by myself.

Try and talk her into it! We had to work on Chelsea for months until she agreed to go on! She's scared to death of Rollercoasters and she tried it. She didn't like them, but she was glad she tried them. She even bought a shirt that said something like" I survived RNR" or something like that. Now she wears that shirt to school and shows everyone. ;) :rotfl2:

It's up to you if you want to try and talk her into it though. :goodvibes

CASTAWAYCAYCUTIE
12-31-2005, 11:38 PM
Dinosaur isn't a rollercoaster. I love Space Mountain, RNR, and Thunder Mountain, but I absolutly will not ride Dinosaur.
you wont ride dinosaur?!?!
wierd.
i LOVE BTMRR and Space Mtn. and Dinosaur.
those and MISSION: Space and Test Track are my favorite rides in all of Disney World
and I hate Splash Mtn. and nvr been onRNR