PDA

View Full Version : How much do swaps cost you?

bcarson
12-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I was just curious how much a swap normally costs you. If you are willing to share. I am trying to see if I am in the ballpark, over the top or what. I know that its probably different each time. I have spent about $30 including the postage for the year round swap. I am fairly new and didn't have some things I wanted to use so that was some of it. I don't want to sound like I am complaining becasue I am not. I am just wondering like I said what the norm is. Thanks.

bubbasmom99
12-30-2005, 07:51 PM
I think it depends on what supplies you have on hand and what you personally want to spend to get it "just right"... Postage is at minimum usually 2 x $3.85. For the Year round swap, I've purchased cardstock and stickers. I have patterned paper on hand already, and have a huge stock of eyelets, ribbon, and fibers, plus I have a wishblade that die cuts anything (but the WishBlade cost me $450).

If you have a specific look in mind, you may have to purchase stamps, ink, chalks, in addition to other embellies. Purchasing ready made embellies (like Jolees) makes it an even more expensive project.

I probably spend around $20 per swap.