PDA

View Full Version : No wild grabbing with JudySue leading the crowd

RamVA
09-22-2001, 04:52 PM
Well, if you end up at a store where JudySue has been waiting since the crack of dawn, the one thing you will avoid is hordes of people grabbing! Judy knew who came in when, and handed out numbers; then we very orderly walked up to the counter where the cast members had the pins in the boxes they came in, and you waited in line according to your number; of course the disadvantage was if you were #6 (me) or further, some pins were already sold out (Plane crazy went first at our store)! I guess credit for the more "civilized" buying process there has to be split between Judy-you had a number, you knew your "place", and the CMs who had not hung them on racks, where it would have been harder to control "grabbing".

I am torn on whether there should be limits or not; obviously those who trade, or buy for friends who have bought for us don't want limits; but I felt very sorry for the ladies behind me who are just trying to pursue a hobby, or buy for their kids, and couldn't get some. How about having a limit of two, and then you can always get back in line if there are any left?

Anyway, it was fun, but I went way over budget, AS USUAL! :smooth:

JudithM
09-22-2001, 11:58 PM
What a stitch! Is JudySue a CM? Ruthie, did you get the pins you wanted? If not, let me know ...

flyinglizard
09-23-2001, 12:53 AM
I didn't know JudySue was a cast member! But I do know she has been a karate instructor for many years! If she gives you a number, take it!

:0)

JudySue
09-23-2001, 01:43 AM
Karate instructor? Gadssss!!! Sweet 'lill 'ol me? Now I am in trouble!!! I was just playing by WDW "pen event " rules. Get there at crack of dawn, line up, get a wrist band (or in this instance, a number), get the pins.

Springfield Mall had everyting set up beautifully. Anne was in charge of the pins (now, that's a woman who really can take charge). There were 6 different pins left in the late afternoon - Walt, and the TV one sold out quickly. They were able to get the National Airport pin allocation, so that helped too.

It was great seeing everyone, sorry I forgot my pins. And we just may have a couple of new DIS participants!

sgtslovak
09-24-2001, 06:10 PM
Judy, if you'd only been in charge of the Mystery pin distribution in Disneyland 2 weeks ago during the convention, there would have been no riot. Just the sight of you going into your karate stance would have brought order.
Signed,
Grasshopper Chris

SGKoss
09-24-2001, 08:17 PM
I nominate JudySue to be in charge of whatever event is ocurring! She did a fabulous job organizing us for the convention and Beth could be her #1.

Make it so!