PDA

View Full Version : March 26, 2006 Wonder?

hsteacher
12-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Just checking to see if any of you are out there (hopefully I didn't miss an earlier thread!). I have a DS that is 14. Anyone out there?

westjones
12-31-2005, 06:20 PM
We are going too. I have twin DDs who will be 12 in the Lab. This will be our 7th cruise! I can't wait!

It appears that the ship will be pretty full (the Disney website doesn't list any of the lower level rooms available any more) so we should have lot of others with us.

Since this is our 7th cruise, I can say that you will find a lot more DIS members on the 7 night cruises. The 3 and 4 nights have more newbies. We love the 7 night cruises also, but we are doing a 4 this time so we can also go to WDW (we only have 1 week in Florida because we are going on spring break).

Have you been on the DCL before? If not, you are in for a real treat. If you have been on before, then you already know that. ;)

DJ

joelja
01-01-2006, 10:44 AM
We are taking our 2 grand daughters, who will be celebrating their 3rd and 6th birthdays on the cruise

along with our daughter, son-in-law, me and my wife....
never been on a Disney cruise before....looking forward to it....
staying atht eRadisson the night before

westjones
01-01-2006, 10:56 AM
You granddaughters will love it. My girls turned 6 years old on their first cruise and we all fell in love with it! The Radisson is very close to port and it is a good choice for the night before the cruise. We are staying over at Beach Club Villas at WDW (just because we are DVC members and we are using points).

The 4 night is a great choice for cruising because they have 2 chances to get the ship into Castaway Cay (if it is bad on Tuesday, they try again on Wednesday....none of the other itenaries have this option). Assuming the ship docks at CC on Tuesday, you can relax and enjoy the island all day without worrying about getting back on board for the kids show (since they do it on the last day, and on the 4 night that would be Wednesday, the day at sea). Also, you have all day on Wednesday to pack up. On the 3 and 7 night cruises you have to get packed to leave right after returning to the ship.

We love the 4 night cruise. We have done 6 cruises (two 3 night, two 4 night and two 7 night) and we have decided the 4 night is the best for us. We can still have time for WDW afterwards and we get in all the things we want on the ship without feeling rushed.

I can't believe how close we are getting. Thinking of our trip will get me through our long cold winter!

DJ

P.S. One thing I did for my girls when they were younger that they LOVED. I went to Claires in the mall and bought them each a tiara? (crowns) and I gave them to them when they were dressing for dinner. They thought that was SO cool!