PDA

View Full Version : Well, I got mine!

Luv2Roam
09-22-2001, 01:11 PM
I was at the nearest store at opening. We went early and waited quite awhile, just in case. NOT NECESSARY here.
Another woman was there just as they opened. She bought a partial set.
I even took in traders. But I was the only one with any.
The mgr CM said she was asked to keep back two of each, in case they did trade. But she wanted to sell them instead.
Then we went over to the other TDS, just to scope it out. By then it was 10:30. They had sold some, but still were many left. I did buy some extra Walt/Mickey. Those were getting low.
Again, no traders there. :(
I would be curious as to what is left by the end of the day here. The few people I saw were buying bags and books. But I don't feel like I need any.
DH wants to to collect all 100 pins. Guess I can force myself. ;) Dh does wonder if I should buy the pin bag just for my 100 pins. But, I have spent so much already! :rolleyes:

lindamg
09-22-2001, 01:18 PM
I wish my store had been so easy! I've posted my experience on another post so I won't repeat. Just thank your stars you have the stores you do!

Luv2Roam
09-22-2001, 01:40 PM
Guess I need some advantage to pin collectors being HTF here. ;) But think of all the local pin swaps I miss out on!

Bev J
09-22-2001, 03:15 PM
Well you should have come to the Lincoln store-hubby and I were there with our traders. We got there at 8:45 and drank coffee waiting for more pin people to show, none untill 9:50, no traders. Got all the pins we wanted. Will return next week but not so early. The CM's were wearing some of next weeks pins on lanyards so did get a sneak peek, some look very similar to the millenium pins that were sold at the DS.

Luv2Roam
09-22-2001, 04:02 PM
Bev J -- Maybe one of the weekends I will have to drive over to your TDS! We can actually have a (very) mini pin meet!:bounce:
Your store sounds much nicer!