PDA

View Full Version : Early DS Saturday 22 Morning Report...

Humpbacks1962
09-22-2001, 09:50 AM
Heck, I hope I don't have to eat the words of comfort I previously wrote!

But I was there at 10:00, when the store opened and so were a few more collectors! I picked the smallest store near me, hoping to avoid crowds. Well, the mall was quite empty alright, but guess where the bunch went!

There was this family... Rather than sending mom or dad to get pins for the whole family, the whole bunch piled up in front of the rack. We're talking heavy set mom, heavy set dad and heavy set kids. I could only sneak my arm into a lucky gap every once in a while to get the two pins I wanted. A single family nearly wiped out all the pins! The CMs were looking at them in astonishment. Quantities were not limited. I am afraid that with enough complaints, they will start limiting quantities.

But there were more than 8 of each! I'd say there were over 20 of each one of the eight different pins. The books and bags evaporated soon as well, I hope they have more in the back of the store. I bought a bag, but it is soooo small! I just gave it to my son, who started collecting during our last trip. He is seated on the floor, organizing his little Mickey pins now.

So, I just got a Walt, an extra one available for trade/sale to anyone who could not make it on time, and a Tigger slider for my son. I was also able to get 20% off with the postcard.

Wanda

SueEllen
09-22-2001, 11:41 AM
Incoming email. I was not able to get out of the house today to get the Walt & Mickey pin. (no one to drive me).

Sue Ellen