PDA

View Full Version : Those Plastic looking baking pans..????...

kaylajr
12-27-2005, 09:05 AM
I can't remember what they are really called but i have seen the infomercial on TV before just never really paid attention

they are Blue and really madeout of something that feels like plastic

Anyone have them

how are they

any tricks

My MIL bought me a set for Christmas

I got 2 cookie sheets
a loaf pan
a muffin pan
and a bundt pan

oh and she got me a baking stone too

any suggestions on that

all i have ever used is regular pans

WDWMom
12-27-2005, 09:27 AM
I need new muffin tins and was hoping to get some of these for Christmas too. I didn't, but may go buy them if they really work.

RealMickeysGirl
12-27-2005, 10:14 AM
I don't remember for sure but it seems that they said they were made out of silicone.

MaryPA
12-27-2005, 10:15 AM
I have them and I am not a big fan. Have not used the muffin "pans". I have used the bundt and the cake pans. It's okay but I prefer the heavy metal pans. My brother has them - he likes it but he does not bake all that much, I do.

PIRATEGIRL007
12-27-2005, 08:46 PM
I have them as well, but I'm not big on baking. I have only used them a handful of times. The seemed to cook well for what I made, and the best part was the cleanup, espicially with the muffin tins. I hate scrubbing and scrubbing pans and have been known to burn stuff before ;) , so these worked out alot better than usual. The hardest part for me was remembering to pull out the cookie sheet with them cause I'm so used to just picking up the pan, one big mess later and I don't forget now!

lewdyan1
12-27-2005, 08:59 PM
I bought some a few weeks ago and made cookies and they cooked great. :cool1: I forgot to wash it first and it smelled really bad!!! So now I am washing all of the other pieces before I use them!

GritsGirl
12-28-2005, 09:24 AM
I am not sure what the show was, but "they" were doing testing to find the best bundt pan....it turned out that a pan that was about $7-$10 was the winner out of vast range of prices that they tested.

Anyway, to get back on topic, their only critcism of the silicone pans was that it didn't give much definition to the cake (the cake just looked wavy instead of have the "points" that traditional bundt pans have). Since I don't do any "show off" cooking to impress anybody, I think those rubbery looking pans would work fine for me.

Grits

TN Traveler
12-28-2005, 09:50 AM
I don't have any but wondered....do you use these in the oven like a normal baking pan? I know they're made of silicone but it seems they would melt! I thought they were for microwaves.

Karen aka TN Traveler

bclydia
12-28-2005, 11:05 AM
The silicone pans are oven safe, usually to 400 degrees. They are truly great! I have some from Tupperware and I love them.

Rebecca12345
12-29-2005, 02:07 AM
I have some Betty Crocker brand heart shaped muffin pans (red) They are great! I use PAM before filling with batter. The heart shapes just pop right out. I purchased the pans 2 yrs ago during a valentine promotion. They do need to be placed on a firm cookie sheet to go into the oven. They are easy to wash too.

I had bought 2 mini muffin silicone no name brand at walmart (red also) & they were awful. Threw them in the trash after the 2nd use. I suggest sticking to reliable name brands.

Mom2Ashli
12-29-2005, 09:19 AM
I wanted some of these for Christmas but didn't get them. So I might just have to go and buy some for myself.