PDA

View Full Version : Had a Scare today...*update!*

The Dark Dancer
12-26-2005, 10:25 PM
(Off-topic but part of what scared me:) All week I've been having stomach pains (like heartburn) ....Anyways....;)

This evening, We were having my Aunt, Uncle, and 2 cousins over to swap Christmas presents. While my Aunt, Mom and I were in the kitchen, I was leaning against the counter when I began to feel dizzy. Everything in my vision started getting dark. Then I passed out. :guilty:

I heard my Mom yell and I opened my eyes to see everyone staring at me. My head hurt like heck. :headache: My Mom had saw me falling and, apparently, My head hit the counter really hard. So now I have a big purple bruise on my jaw.

They took me into my Mom's room and I started to have a cold sweat. By this time my Dad had the car cranked and ready to go to the ER. (He had to move 2 cars out of the driveway.) Well, I didn't want to ruin Christmas for my family so I said I was fine.

They checked my pulse and It was strong, but fast. I'm okay now, though.

I have no Idea what happened to me. :confused3

AmoDolphin
12-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Wow! Are you okay?

The Dark Dancer
12-26-2005, 10:29 PM
Wow! Are you okay?

Yeah, I'm fine now! (My head hurts but....) ;) lol, Thanks for asking!

2HOT2touch
12-26-2005, 10:32 PM
OMG!!! I'm so sorry!!!! i hope you feel better... and I'm glad you are okay.

The Dark Dancer
12-26-2005, 10:34 PM
:goodvibes Thank you. Thank goodness for make-up (to hide the bruise) ;)

2HOT2touch
12-26-2005, 10:36 PM
haha, tell me about it...lol

The Dark Dancer
12-26-2005, 10:44 PM
::yes:: :goodvibes ^^

BandGeek911
12-26-2005, 11:01 PM
:guilty: Omgosh, that is scary. Glad your feeling better now.

Panthra529
12-26-2005, 11:04 PM
I am glad you are okay, but this might not be something to brush off. Whenever someone loses consciousness, they should be checked out. It could be the sign of something serious even though you are young. On the less serious side.....had you eaten, were you overwhelmed, did you just become overheated, or maybe you have a flu bug (could be serious). More personally, could you be PG? (Don't need to know, just thought to put it out there). On the serious side, well, it could be a host of things I don't want to get you upset about. I suggest you call your family dr and tell him what happened immediately! Don't brush it off. I can't stress it enough....hopefully he can tell you you are in the peak of health. Good luck to you and hope to see a post telling us all you went to the dr and he said you are doing great! PS I work in an angiography/cath lab at the hospital as an x-ray technologist/scrub tech

Princess Ash
12-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Oh Sarah! I'm so sorry! I hope you feel all better soon! Cold pack and motrin...tylenol and advil don't work (lol)...sending :hug: s and pixie dust! :wizard:

The Dark Dancer
12-26-2005, 11:05 PM
Thanks y'all!

Yes, we are probably going to the doctor tomorrow (if not then sometime early this week) . Today really scared me so I will definitely not brush it off. I had eaten Chicken nuggets for lunch and I had been drinking Dr. Pepper and tea various times today. And I'm definitely not PG, lol. Could be a bug or virus. Thanks for the concern y'all. It means a lot! :goodvibes :grouphug:

Princess Ash
12-26-2005, 11:05 PM
I am glad you are okay, but this might not be something to brush off. Whenever someone loses consciousness, they should be checked out. It could be the sign of something serious even though you are young. On the less serious side.....had you eaten, were you overwhelmed, did you just become overheated, or maybe you have a flu bug (could be serious). More personally, could you be PG? (Don't need to know, just thought to put it out there). On the serious side, well, it could be a host of things I don't want to get you upset about. I suggest you call your family dr and tell him what happened immediately! Don't brush it off. I can't stress it enough....hopefully he can tell you you are in the peak of health. Good luck to you and hope to see a post telling us all you went to the dr and he said you are doing great! PS I work in an angiography/cath lab at the hospital as an x-ray technologist/scrub tech

I second that...you really should go for...even a quick check-up...we want you to be in tip-top shape...

The Dark Dancer
12-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I second that...you really should go for...even a quick check-up...we want you to be in tip-top shape...

Thanks Ash! :goodvibes

Daisymae26
12-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh Sarah, sorry for being so late but I just saw this this morning! Wow, that's really scary! I'm glad that you are going to the doctor, and here's a hug to make you feel better: :grouphug: .

Keep us posted, and remember, we are all here for you! :)

The Dark Dancer
12-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Oh Sarah, sorry for being so late but I just saw this this morning! Wow, that's really scary! I'm glad that you are going to the doctor, and here's a hug to make you feel better: :grouphug: .

Keep us posted, and remember, we are all here for you! :)

Thank you! I'm fixing to go to the doctor, so I'll be back...with aswers hopefully. Thanks y'all for your nice words. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: *hugs*

Sparx
12-27-2005, 02:06 PM
same thing happened to me once. I was walking and my vision blured and I got really dizzy and it went on for a second or two then I remember falling and then (it had to be) just a second or two later I was sitting on the floor holding my head. I'm prone to very very bad headaches, so I thought this was just another one that came on really fast. My mom came donw teh stairs right about hten and told me to go lay down. I felt better right after that. :confused3 This has been a few months. I still don't know what it really was. Glad you're ok. :)

The Dark Dancer
12-27-2005, 02:08 PM
same thing happened to me once. I was walking and my vision blured and I got really dizzy and it went on for a second or two then I remember falling and then (it had to be) just a second or two later I was sitting on the floor holding my head. I'm prone to very very bad headaches, so I thought this was just another one that came on really fast. My mom came donw teh stairs right about hten and told me to go lay down. I felt better right after that. :confused3 This has been a few months. I still don't know what it really was. Glad you're ok. :)

Thank you....I hope that your okay! :grouphug:

The Dark Dancer
12-28-2005, 03:50 AM
Well, the doc said that I have a sinus drip that is caused by my allergies, and it got into my inner ear and messed up my balance. :confused3 Weird....I'm just glad it wasn't anything worse! My heart, lungs, and all other parts are working fine. He prescribed a medicine to help my allergies. I have a bit of fever and I'm a bit nauseated though. I think I've got a small case of the stomach virus. :confused3 Yucky! :guilty:

Thanks for all of y'alls help and nice replies! :grouphug:

Oh yeah, and my doc also said I might pass out again if the medicine doesn't work right away. If I do next week, my teachers will totally freak out! That would be a sight! ;) :rotfl2:

Daisymae26
12-28-2005, 09:31 AM
I'm glad it's not anything too serious; that's weird that it was all caused by a sinus drip! I am glad you feel lots better... :sunny:

Princess Ash
12-28-2005, 09:36 AM
If it messed up your inner ear...you could possibly have an equilibrium problem. That's what happens to many females in my family...they may get very dizzy and a buzzing in their ears... :confused3

Next time you go to the doctor's (for a check-up on this or w/e) u might want to mention that?

Neways...sooo glad you're feeling better...and as awful as it would be to pass out in school...it WOULD be slightly funny to totally freak the teacher out :rotfl:

Sparx
12-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Glad to hear its not anything worse.

Come to think of it, I was sick at teh time that I keeled over. So it might have been the same thing. oh well..

LondonLady
12-28-2005, 10:26 AM
I have had a (sort of) similar experience.
We were in Texas on a trip and we went to the zoo. Knowing Texas, there are almost no TREEES! So after about maybe three hours - I got overheated and dizzy and I felt nautious and like I was really going to pass out. :guilty: I might've actually for a few seconds I dunno :confused3 ...But my mom and dad took me into the Reptile House where it was air conditioned - didn't help. Then they bought me a soda, which dulled the nausea...but then suddenly a Park Official guy rode up in a sorta golf cart thingy and GUESS WHAT? I got to ride back to the entrance! WHEEEEEEE! :rotfl: Then they gave me a glass of water and I felt a lot better. All I remember is that they were very nice to me. ::MinnieMo

Cinderella94
12-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Oh my gosh! I am so glad you're feeling better!

Panthra529
12-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I am glad you followed up with the doctor, and even more glad it isn't anything serious! I hope you feel better soon. :goodvibes

The Dark Dancer
12-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Thank's y'all! :grouphug: :goodvibes

Yeah Ash, I'll mention that next time I go to the doc. Thanks! :goodvibes

TallSmartie
12-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Wow! I would be freaking out! I am so glad that you are allright.