PDA

View Full Version : Can we do a walk through?

Kenswing
12-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Everyone :wave2:

This time next year we will be ready to buy into DVC. We would like to see the different properties as well as the different room sizes. Mainly Studio verses 1 Bedroom. Do we need to take the "Tour"? Or can we just go to each resort and ask to see the rooms?

Thanks,

Ken

rugelus
12-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Saratoga Springs offers a drop in tour of rooms for current DVC members. No reservation is required and I was not asked for my DVC membership card.

You could call the resort or the sales office and ask when this is available. Most likely you could do a walk through

MickeyCrazed
12-26-2005, 08:06 PM
There are still sample rooms at the Boardwalk that you could tour. They are right next to the Big River Grille.

cherylp3
12-26-2005, 08:13 PM
I believe they are phasing out the tour rooms that were at BWV.

Cheryl

JimMIA
12-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Most resorts will show you rooms, provided they have rooms clean and available to show. The tour at SSR will give you all the room types, plus an opportunity to ask a guide any questions you might have.

Don't be afraid of the SSR tour -- there is no pressure, and you don't have to buy anything.

Also, don't forget there is a resale market.

byoung
12-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Take the tour. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

Kenswing
12-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Most resorts will show you rooms, provided they have rooms clean and available to show. The tour at SSR will give you all the room types, plus an opportunity to ask a guide any questions you might have.

Don't be afraid of the SSR tour -- there is no pressure, and you don't have to buy anything.

Also, don't forget there is a resale market.
I should have been a little more specific in my OP. We will most likely buy resale since we would like to be in the Epcot area. So I guess I would like to see the rooms at BCV or Boardwalk.

Thanks for all of the replies. You guys are quick. ;)

Ken

DebbieB
12-26-2005, 10:07 PM
There are still sample rooms at the Boardwalk that you could tour. They are right next to the Big River Grille.

They have been converted to actual rooms.

manning
12-26-2005, 10:33 PM
The rooms at SSR are the same as BWV and BCV except for decorations.

Kenswing
12-26-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. Is there a website that has pictures of the various rooms?

Thanks,

Ken

buckylarue
12-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Here's a link (http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/gallery.htm) to a site with pictures of all WDW resorts, including many pictures of each type of unit at the various onsite DVC resorts.

pouncingpluto
12-27-2005, 07:52 AM

Are you sure? They were still models as of mid-November.

MaryPA
12-27-2005, 08:31 AM
Take the tour. We were there in early November and tried to see the rooms at SSR, we were told the tour was over for the day and they pointed us in the direction of the "sample rooms". Needless to say - we couldn't find them and we ended up wasting 1 1/2 hours.

LisaS
12-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. Is there a website that has pictures of the various rooms?

Thanks,

KenThe DVC website has 360-degree tours of each villa at each resort. Go to: http://www.disneyvacationclub.com and select a resort from the "See Our Resorts" drop down menu. Click on the "View 360 Room Tour" link. Also, if you click on the "Accommodations" link and then click on any villa type, you can view the floor plan for that villa.

Also, do a web search for "tagrel". We can't post a link to his site here, but he has excellent photo tours of a couple of DVC resort villas.

cobbler
12-27-2005, 02:35 PM
We looked at a one bedroom at BWV in early December of this year.

DebbieB
12-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Are you sure? They were still models as of mid-November.

Next to Jellyrolls, right on the boardwalk? That is where the old sales office & models used to be, they were converted to regular rooms earlier this year. Unless they still leave them open for walk throughs when they are not occupied. They took out the entrance directly from the boardwalk.

CarolMN
12-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Next to Jellyrolls, right on the boardwalk? That is where the old sales office & models used to be, they were converted to regular rooms earlier this year. Unless they still leave them open for walk throughs when they are not occupied. They took out the entrance directly from the boardwalk.
There's still an entrance to a DVC sales office from the Boardwalk. I noticed it on our last trip (12/2 - 12/10) and thought it was a bit odd. I noticed it because none of the other BW rooms on the ground floor had a gate to the Boardwalk - just the one that had the DVC Sales sign in front of it.

I was wondering if the new BWV rooms on the first floor had a way directly onto the Boardwalk, so that is how/why I noticed the Sales office. I didn't have time to go in to see if it was just a sales office or if there were still models there as well (didn't appear to be, but there could be). If there are models, they'd have to overlook the new croquet lawn as all the rooms facing the Boardwalk appeared to be occupied by guests when we walked by.

Best wishes -

Disney Doll
12-27-2005, 04:34 PM
You know, I bet if you went to the BWV or the BCV and they weren't crazily busy, they'd probably show you an empty unit.

pouncingpluto
12-27-2005, 06:52 PM

It wasn't as far down as Jellyrolls, but, yes, right on the Boardwalk. That's how we got hooked into taking the SSR tour on our honeymoon. :) We were walking from somewhere on the Boardwalk into the Boardwalk Inn (where we were staying) and decided to just peek in. There were three guides working, showing the place... a two bedroom lockoff.

Honestly, I think they should keep it open... it's great advertising... look at us... we never would have bought at SSR if we hadn't gone into the BWV model on a whim.

Kenswing
12-27-2005, 10:25 PM
Thanks everyone :wave2:

The links gave me the views I was looking for.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Ken

TheRustyScupper
12-28-2005, 10:18 AM
1) Just ask at the Front Desk of any DVC.
2) They will show you vacant rooms.

MickeyCrazed
12-28-2005, 09:23 PM

The sample rooms were still there 2 weeks ago. Our room was located right above them.

DebbieB
12-28-2005, 10:18 PM
The sample rooms were still there 2 weeks ago. Our room was located right above them.

Are they still on the boardwalk level next to Jellyrolls? I know they had construction in that area for a long time.

cobbler
12-29-2005, 08:59 AM
I don't remember exactly where, but you can walk right in from the Boardwalk, and there was some kind of gate. We just happened to walk by and saw the sign about the open house and come right in. We did just so we could check out what the decor in the BWV looks like.

G8RFAN
12-29-2005, 09:48 AM
We stayed there over a year ago on the 1st floor overlooking the pool (rm 1040). Right down the hall you could see the door leading to the original sales office. One night looking for the trash room, I peeked in and saw that they had gutted much of what I could see.

Now I had toured the sales center almost two years earlier and can't remember if the model rooms were actually part of the 1000 wing or if they were separated by the sales center. The "former :confused3" model rooms obviously don't need much renovating; however, I find it surprising that over a year later, they still don't utilize those rooms as inventory. Maybe the ingress/egress to the rest of the wing is not complete if they are still sealed off.

MickeyCrazed
12-29-2005, 05:44 PM
It appeared that the model rooms now occupy the space that used to be the enterance to the sales center.

I hope I can expain this in a clear manner:
When you used to stand on the boardwalk and look toward the sales center, the room closest to Jellyrolls was a small area that you could walk into to request an appointment. It was the width of a studio. The rooms next to that were the models (which were the width of a 2 bedroom unit.) The enterance to the sales center took up the width of a one bedroom unit (which was right next to the Big River Grille.)

Now the models (the width of a 2 bedroom unit) have been moved right next to the Big River Grille. The remainder of the space between there and Jellyrolls has been converted to guest rooms.