PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store Pin News - No Holds

Mickey7811
09-21-2001, 09:13 PM
I JUST LEFT MY LOCAL DISNEY STORE - WANTED TO FIGURE OUT MY PLAN FOR TOMORROW.

THEY JUST GOT AN EMAIL AT ABOUT 7:00 PM THAT SAID NO PHONE HOLDS TOMORROW - YOU MUST BE THERE IN PERSON TO PURCHASE.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE THAT CAN NOT GET THERE.

I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF WE DO HAVE A BIG LINE TOMORROW IN OUR STORE.

WE HAVE ALOT OF TRADERS IN OUR AREA.

OUR STORE GOT TWO FULL BOXES OF EACH PIN.

THAT IS NOT VERY MANY WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT WANT THEM.

OUR MALL DOES NOT OPEN UNTIL 7 AM.

I BELIEVE THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE AT 7 AM.

I AM NOT SURE I WILL BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE

I AM GOING EARLY THOUGH.

IT IS JUST A PIN, I WILL NOT FIGHT AND ARGUE, IF I GET THEM FINE, IF NOT - THERE ARE WORSE THINGS IN THE WORLD.

THE MANAGER IS CONCERNED THAT PEOPLE WILL GET UGLY. I CAN NOT IMAGINE ANY OF THE DIS BOARD PIN PEOPLE BEING RUDE, BUT IT WILL PROBABLY HAPPEN.

WE WILL SEE.

CANT WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT EVERYONE'S ADVENTURE.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.

AND IF I DO NOT GET A MICKEY AND WALT PIN, CAN I START MY BEGGING NOW.

DARLENE

Luv2Roam
09-21-2001, 10:06 PM
I just returned from the nearest TDS just awhile ago.
The 7:00 e-mail explains something to me.
I was in the back part of the store speaking w/ a CM. I asked if many people had been asking about the pins. And she replied a few. But she said they did not know in time and had held pins at guest's requests. She said after they had placed the holds, then they found out they were not suppose to. I told her I planned on being there at opening, but that I might as well go ahead and hold pins too. She told me to ask about it at the cash register. She said they were going to honor the ones they had on hold, and thought they could place them on hold if someone had asked today.
The mgr was at the cash register. When I asked her, she acted perturbed and frankly stated that no pins were on hold (and kinda glared over the way of the other CM). And continued that no pins could be put on hold UNTIL after they were for sale.
But I wouldn't go by what she said either. I bought a few items :rolleyes: and got the DC 20% discount. She told me the 20% was not good on pin purchases. I thought different but was not going to argue. I figured I would pay and contact Disney for the discount.
Then she said, "Well maybe you can get the discount. I'll have to check."
I also asked if her CM's were ever planning on pin trading with guests. The response: "Huh?" (Not a clue what I was talking about.)
I explained how CM's trade in the parks. She said, "Oh no, we won't do that."
See--- that store NEEDS me!;)

n2mm
09-22-2001, 07:43 AM
I would rather see a limit on pins than a No Hold policy. Basically the bottom line is for myself and a lot of my friends is that if we can't get the first pin, none of us plan to collect them. I refuse to go to ebay for the first pin, when we are there the first day and still can't get it. I hadn't plan to hold every week, but it would've been a nice option on the days or mornings that I just can't be there. Face it, 15 weeks is a long time, and I already had to make arrangements with family for the 2 weekends I'm in WDW. This is way to stressful to deal with during this very stressful time. This was suppose to be fun. :(

Luv2Roam
09-22-2001, 08:09 AM
Agree. I plan on buying two sets of all today. (Since I get 20% off. ;) )But if I would not be able to, then that would limit considerably how many I buy in the future. Also agree, I would not buy these off Ebay. There are too many other pins I like better!

lynxstch
09-22-2001, 12:00 PM
I was outside one of our local DS at 9:30 (only 3 of us in line..thankfully its a small store and obviously not many collectors around..lol)..one of the 3 of us was a CM who had to come in early just to get her pins..she said they were told NOT to hold any pins whether it was after they were on sale or not..I got to the register and was told I couldn't use my DisneyClub card for the 20% discount..I pointed out that I had gotten this information right off the Disney Club site..she called another store and was told that this collection of pins is NOT considered a collectible item (go figure!)..and that I COULD use my discount..yippee!..-must point out that while I was there..(about 20 minutes worth) no one called the store at all..and no others came in looking for pins!..think I will stick with this store for the entire set...lol

patbscrooge
09-22-2001, 12:08 PM
Got mine this morning. Several people in line, about three buying pins. Did hear the CM's commenting about the 7 PM notice about holding pins and they did not seem happy. The boxes were behind the counter and looked like they were still full. The lady in front of me was buying a second set and the man in front of her got the full set and a couple extra. Bags and albums were on the counter so I grabbed an album just in case they get scarce. Gawrsh!! I guess I'm committed to it now. BTW - if anyone needs any Walt and Mickeys, I got two extra to trade!!

Pat

jaross
09-22-2001, 12:10 PM
Our store had no limit. There were about 25 in line when the store opened. Everyone seemed to have some self control and only bought a few of each pin. I did not notice anyone hoarding.

Chris

PS I live in syracuse

Luv2Roam
09-22-2001, 12:20 PM
Our was pretty smooth. I was at both local stores. And in both cases only one other person was in there buying. In the second store, the 2 CM's admitted buying theirs also.
They were many still on the rack at the second store. The first store had me and another lady and no one else in there (yet) to buy any.
The CM mgr at this store did specifically say there were no holds and I would have to be there every time to buy them. Told her that was my plan! :D

Mary Anne
09-22-2001, 02:52 PM
Well I got to my Disney Store and discovered it had closed :confused: guess it was a while since I'd been there. :( However, by the time I got back home, I heard from a friend that was able to get me just the #1 walt and mickey. I then started calling around and was able to get #2,3,5,7,and 8 at one store. And then called another store for #4. So I was able to get a complete set.

I did however pay almost as much in handling and shipping as I did for the pins :rolleyes:

Not sure how I'm going to handle week 2.

eye R.N.
09-22-2001, 07:09 PM
Most mall stores only have two CM's on duty Sat am. This is an economic fact that is unlikely to change any time soon. Just like the parks TDS is having to cut CM hours. To tie one up on the phone is 1/2 the staff, if the other CM is ringing then there is no one watching the store. Also frankly, IMHO the people that show up shouldn't have to suffer because of the people that can get through on phone.

If I want the pins bad enough I'll find a way to get them.

One thing is for sure, Disney is making sure they don't have to destroy thousands of pins like they did with the last TDS set.

Denise

mickey4ver
09-22-2001, 10:00 PM
This set of pins is not being characterized as "collectibles" so any discount you are entitled to should be applied. DC or special promotions coupons.

Mary Anne
09-22-2001, 10:44 PM
For the record, I was not calling to get pins at exactly when the store opened, I was where I thought a Disney store was that has since been closed at opening, and was not able to buy any. I then took my child to Fall Little Leauge and then did a Dr. appointment, by the time I was calling Disney stores it was well into the afternoon. I did not get the #1 pin, just the others (one of each). Anyone that was on line at 10 am at their store certainly had more then amply time to buy them all out.

I doubt I'll buy next week's this way as the additional mailing fee cost almost as much as the pins themselves. The option of going to another Disney store is slim as as I do not drive and going into Manhattan using public transportation is not an option on a Saturday morning. I may call them late Saturday and see if any are left and then go in first thing Monday.

Disney certainly has not made many new customers with the way they are releasing this set.