PDA

View Full Version : After Race Massage

MickeySP
12-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Sitting at work today so the big day is running through my mind.

I did get my email from Marthon update relative the GF Spa post race massage and have a couple questions.

Who has done this?
Is it worth the price?
Is the GF the only spot? My other events have had tents at them does WDW?

Thanks guys - getting excited/nervous/butterflies with really big shoes on them runnin garound my insides!! :earseek:

Lisa loves Pooh
12-25-2005, 03:17 PM
They have massages in the massage tent post race. The massage at any of the spas is if you want something a bit more. There will be a premium for off site. I don't know the prices--but expect "maybe" $80 per hour. In the tents post race--you can do 10 minute increments. Sometimes this is enough to facilitate healing post event.

If you do get any massage--IMHO it is worth it--but there are constraints. Deep Tissue is a big no-no. Your muscles are inflamed....this massage would hurt and there are other reasons why it is contraindicated post event--but I can't articulate what they are at the moment.

Hot Stone/Sports are the massages recommended by my coach who is a neuromusclar therapist. You can get away with these post event--most any other isn't recommended for until a few days after.

With a proper sports massage--it will facilitate the healing process for your muscles--and some therapists may even help you stretch a bit.

If you are not accustomed to massages--I would stick with the tents (carry a $10 or $20 somewhere on your person). You won't be out as much cash.

SSR also has a spa.

murcor
12-28-2005, 02:05 PM
Ive got a massage booked at SSR for the following, Im thinking this is when I will most appreciate it....Hopefully Im right