PDA

View Full Version : Old disney channel

TiNKERBELLAo5
12-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Does anyone remember the old disney channel? when they would halloween specials with the mirrior from snow white? or when they would have the old Walt Disney SHow late @ nigth? i thin im crazy but i rememberd it :confused3

DisneyGirl421
12-24-2005, 10:14 PM
and the Mickey Mouse Club? omg i loved that.

((i thought of it cuz i just watched the old school MMC christmas special I have on tape. lol))

mantysk8coach
12-24-2005, 10:42 PM
Okay...sorry for lurking, I'm not a teen, but the title of the thread caught my eye. I miss the old Disney Channel so much! You guys are probably too young to remember, but I used to love Kids Incorporated (Fergie from Black Eyed Peas was in it)...Dumbos Circus, Donald Duck Presents, Mouseterpiece Theater...I wish they would have a day to just bring back all of those shows.

Okay, I'll butt out now!

MuNkY
12-25-2005, 07:31 AM
I just miss the time before playhouse disney. I liked watching the animated Aladden series and the animated Timone and Pumba series. Then they put in that stupid 5 year old, "make learning fun" stuff.

socer003grrl
12-25-2005, 12:30 PM
omgsh i rember the old disney channel haha i rember the little mermaid show the most hahaha i rember my momtapeing the old movies at night they had this thing in the begining going through a bunch of old movies hahaha

MuNkY
12-25-2005, 01:29 PM
omgsh i rember the old disney channel haha i rember the little mermaid show the most hahaha i rember my momtapeing the old movies at night they had this thing in the begining going through a bunch of old movies hahaha
I remember that. I can't see how I ever watched it though. :confused3

Also, does anybody else remember some of the earlier montly movies they do? Sutff like Brink and that motocross movie. Those things rules.

Daisymae26
12-25-2005, 01:40 PM
^ yeah, those movies were the best! Now the Disney Channel has gone downhill...

Princess Ash
12-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Okay...sorry for lurking, I'm not a teen, but the title of the thread caught my eye. I miss the old Disney Channel so much! You guys are probably too young to remember, but I used to love Kids Incorporated (Fergie from Black Eyed Peas was in it)...Dumbos Circus, Donald Duck Presents, Mouseterpiece Theater...I wish they would have a day to just bring back all of those shows.

Okay, I'll butt out now!

Don't worry about it! Friendly lurkers are always welcome :rotfl:

Yah, i remember some of the shows...but I didn't have cable til I was like...12.....so I remember basically from the monthly movies on...remember the Phantom of the Movie Theatre (or something like that?) with Mickey Rooney?

AmoDolphin
12-25-2005, 03:01 PM

I remember that too! Oh my gosh! I haven't thought about that in YEARS!

Sparx
12-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Also, does anybody else remember some of the earlier montly movies they do? Sutff like Brink and that motocross movie. Those things rules.
I remember those! I loved that irish one, Luck Of The Irish I think? That one was awesome.

MuNkY
12-25-2005, 07:02 PM
^^^^That was one of my favorites. I also liked that Holloweentown movie.

TiNKERBELLAo5
12-26-2005, 12:53 PM
I remeber a tv show that walt disney hosted himself. it was AMAZING. i remeber in 1st grade i woulds stay up and watch it. i dont remeber what it was called but i remeber walt on the show. Brink! was the coolest movie ever. i also liked "witch mountain"? i think thats what it was. it had erik von detten from brink! and the rival skate kid from brink too... lol

Sparx
12-26-2005, 12:55 PM
^^^^That was one of my favorites. I also liked that Holloweentown movie.
There are like three halloweentown movies. I love those. Halloween is my favorite holiday though.

Princess Ash
12-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I <3ed the luck of the irish and OH Smart House!

For anyone who has seen these...notice a pattern? :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Brink was ok...what were some of the other movies?

Halloween town was good too.

Sparx
12-26-2005, 01:03 PM

was smart house the one where the guy won a free house and it had that weird holographic person representing the computerized personality of the house? and she wouldn't let any of them leave? I liked that one.

TiNKERBELLAo5
12-26-2005, 03:17 PM

LOL! i see it... haha i thougth he was cute...if we are talking about the same guy :blush: lol

Princess Ash
12-26-2005, 07:11 PM
LOL! i see it... haha i thougth he was cute...if we are talking about the same guy :blush: lol

::yes:: :rolleyes2

Daisymae26
12-26-2005, 08:05 PM
wow, that just occured to me that it was the same person! :goodvibes

The Dark Dancer
12-26-2005, 10:45 PM
I also liked that Holloweentown movie.

That was my favorite Disney Channel movie. :goodvibes

DisneyGirl421
12-27-2005, 08:55 AM
omg i <3 brink.

and miracle in lane two. that made me cry! :(

Stitch&figment 4 eve
12-27-2005, 10:21 AM
My favorite movies on the old disney channel were the motocross one i think it was called motocrossed, halloweentown. They used to have the best movies on there.

SKMinnie48
12-28-2005, 05:44 PM
I used to love watching Vault Disney at Night and the MMC! Also I miss it when they did the "InConcerts" with popular singers or groups at the time! Does anyone else remember "Mousercise"? :)

Princess Ash
12-28-2005, 05:49 PM
::yes:: motocrossed was awesome!!! I love it when they all start wearing liem green nail polish cuz she did and she kept winning, OMG!!! :rotfl:

MuNkY
12-28-2005, 07:15 PM

Johnny Tsunami was cool. My grandma got a crush on the grandpa on it though. :rolleyes:

Disneymusicgirl
12-28-2005, 10:42 PM
I remeber a tv show that walt disney hosted himself. it was AMAZING. i remeber in 1st grade i woulds stay up and watch it. i dont remeber what it was called but i remeber walt on the show.

^ ::yes:: I remember that show! I would stay up to watch it too. I remember he'd feature Disneyland on it a lot. Ah, the good old days..................haha.

reinita1002
01-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Naw your now crazy about the special Halloween shows. I was thinking about that the other day. *sigh* I wish I could go back in time to watch all the good shows they had back then.

Does anybody remember the show "Dinosaur" or "Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers?"

"just miss the time before playhouse disney. I liked watching the animated Aladden series and the animated Timone and Pumba series. Then they put in that stupid 5 year old, "make learning fun" stuff."

Hey I liked watching "Bear in the Big Blue house" :P

ktbutterfly2011
01-02-2006, 09:31 AM
I was one of the deprived children that didn't get Disney Channel until I was like seven because my parents wouldn't buy it but then the cable company added it. Mostly everything was changed over by the time I was seven but they were still playing like The little mermaid shows and stuff... I wish they would bring more "Disney Characters" into their shows. BTW- I hate like the buzz on Maggie and some other pointless show but i actually like The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I also like Phil of the Future

ellindea
01-02-2006, 03:05 PM
i rember my momtapeing the old movies at night they had this thing in the begining going through a bunch of old movies hahaha
yep, Disney Sunday Movies were great. I remember before the soaring through the movies intro, they had an intro where you flew through WDW at night! It was awesome.
And does any one else remember the Torklesons? And Under the Umbrella Tree, Tale Spin, Gummie Bears, etc.? Those were the days! :goodvibes

AllyGirlie
01-02-2006, 07:28 PM
For those of you who can't remember all the Disney Original Movies, here's a list..

Brink
Buffalo Dreams
Cadet Kelly
The Cheetah Girls
The Color of Friendship
Don't Look Under the Bed
Double Teamed
Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-Off
The Even Stevens Movie
Full-Court Miracle
Genius
Get a Clue
Go Figure
Going to the Mat
Gotta Kick it Up
High School Musical
Halloweentown
Halloweentown 2
Halloweentown High
Horse Sense
Hounded
Jett Jackson: The Movie
Johnny Tsunami
Jumping Ship
Kim Possible Movie
Life is Ruff
The Luck of the Irish
Motocrossed
Now You See It
The Other Me
Phantom of the Megaplex
Pixel Perfect
The Poof Point
The Proud Family Movie
Quints
Right on Track
A Ring of Endless Light
Rip Girls
Smart House
Stepsister From Planet Weird
Stuck in the Suburbs
The Thirteenth Year
Tiger Cruise
Tru Confessions
Twitches
Up, Up and Away
You Wish
Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century
Zenon: The Zequel
Zenon: Z3

By the way I got my list from http://www.disney.go.com/disneychannel/originalmovies/index.html
Some are missing though. Halloweentown and Halloweentown 2 were missing on the site, so I listed them. Who knows what other ones are missing.. Does anyone else remember Escape To/From Witch Mountain? They used to play it all the time.

pugslee
01-02-2006, 07:52 PM
I used to love watching Vault Disney at Night and the MMC! Also I miss it when they did the "InConcerts" with popular singers or groups at the time! Does anyone else remember "Mousercise"? :)

Oh, I remember those InConcerts! I remember when I was like 5 I would watch those at 11:00 at night during the summer because my mom would have to drive my brother home from his job and would have to bring me. I remember one with Jessica Simpson in it and she was in a magazine store and found a magazine with Nick Lachey in it and was all "That's my boyfriend!". :rotfl: I remember seeing one with Brittany Spears too.

Daisymae26
01-02-2006, 07:54 PM
One of my favorite shows on the Disney channel used to be "Boy Meets World". I loved that show! :)

Epcot83
01-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I miss when they had Zoro and all the old Disney shows on late at night on the Disney Channel. Like they had the Wonderful World of Disney and the Mickey Mouse Club, man i miss the old Disney channel. Now they have these really stupid shows. I think the Disney Channel is trying to be too much Nickelodeon, wich I also hate. My little brother, who is 5, watches all the stupid shows and thinks they're awsome. I can't stand them.

MissTink
01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
I miss the old school movies they used to put at midnight... like the old Gidget movies. I LOVE those!! I wish they would bring them back. :rolleyes:

jeanylaser
01-05-2006, 02:00 PM
my old disney channel is the walt disney presents walt disney talks about disneyland. and Danny Kaye was in the opening of Epcot center or Epcot. Including the Rescue Rangers also.