PDA

View Full Version : chocolate fountain

AdventureGuru
12-23-2005, 04:49 PM
So is this worth it? we had one at a crop once and I am wondering if I should buy one for my New Years Day dessert buffet...
Any thoughts???
How messy is the clean up???

beavismom
12-26-2005, 07:42 PM
We bought one from Sam's for our Christmas party and it was a huge hit. Our is by Rival (I think) and comes completely apart and goes in the dishwasher. It didn't make nearly the mess I thought it would (we had a lot of kids here) and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

It was really fun shopping for things to put in it... a few of the faves from the party were Nutter Butter cookies, pineapple (let it dry for a few hours before the party) and the creme wafer cookies. I would recommend keeping a fork around for the few things that might "get away" in the chocolate as well.

becky7953
12-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Chocolate is always worth it! :) :) :)

AdventureGuru
12-28-2005, 07:04 AM
hmmm...I'll have to see what I can find...if I can find one on sale we maybe talking business!!!
I think I'm going to try fruit, pretzels, the nutter butters sound awsome!!!
hmmm...what else can I use?!?!?

beavismom
12-28-2005, 12:23 PM
We also used mini marshmallows (with toothpicks), bananas, strawberries, pretzels, oreos and gingerbread men and one guest tried a carrot, which led to the conclusion that not everything is better dipped in chocolate. The biggest raves were for the pineapple, nutter butters, cream wafers and marshmallows. I think graham crackers would be good. The directions said to avoid cakes because they tend to fall apart. I think some dried fruit like apple slices might be good as well but we had plenty already.

AdventureGuru
12-28-2005, 04:39 PM
I remember using pound cake once with one...yummy yummy...