PDA

View Full Version : Side dishes for Chicken Marsala?

PoohBearLovinMama
12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
What would you serve with Chicken Marsala? I was thinking Garlic Mashed potatoes, but that's as far as I got.

We're putting off our big family get together until Mon and my in laws are coming over for just dinner on Sun. I thought I'd make a chicken marsala for Christmas dinner, since we'll be having Turkey and Ham on Mon. I just can't think of what good side dishes go well with Chicken marsala. Any good ideas?

hemispheredancer
12-21-2005, 06:44 PM
What about some of those Pasta Roni noodles? Garlic and Olive Oil, Parmesan, etc. We really like that brand over the Lipton noodles.

pfishgirl
12-21-2005, 09:47 PM
glazed carrots ? or another veggie you all like.. :confused3

PoohBearLovinMama
12-21-2005, 11:21 PM
good ideas! Thanks! Hopefully, I'll be able to think of one other dish to whip up. :)

wdw_dine_junkie
12-22-2005, 09:25 AM
I was going to say steamed broccoli or asparagus with parmesan cheese, minced garlic and a drizzle of olive oil.

Rex Rules
12-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Chicken Marsala is one of my favorites, and when I have it in restaurants they usually pair it with mashed potatoes or garlic mashed and I find them to be too heavy. I think asparagus or broccoli is a great idea. At home I use Lipton Lemon flavored rice. OOPs, just remembered it is Uncle Ben's, not Lipton....

LoveWDW
12-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Rice would be good. Basmati rice is fragrant and tasty.

lisa_from_nj
12-23-2005, 05:47 AM
I like some sort of pasta with Chicken Marsala because the sauce is so good. Also, sauteed garlic spinach (fresh not frozen) and garlic bread.

Lisa

Topper
12-23-2005, 08:29 AM
With Chicken Marsala, I would serve some angel hair pasta on the side (pour some of that yummo sauce over), along with some some steamed broccoli florets with freshed squeezed lemon juice. :cool1:

TN Traveler
12-24-2005, 10:59 AM
What about a huge tossed salad? I think a good salad works for just about everything....but then I could eat a salad every day of the week so take that w/a grain of salt! :flower: Angel hair pasta sounds good too.

Karen