PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmmmmm. I seem to be in another Pickle.

MuNkY
12-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I have another problem for all of you DIS people to read about. But honestly, my apologies, I'm just trying to get to my end of the year goal of 1000 posts. :rolleyes:

So, some of you know about the girl I like at school. Now as I've said before, I really care for this girl, and would love nothing more than to hear "I love you" coming from her. Now I'm honestly thinking about asking her if she would like to go the mall or something with me. Now there doesn't seem to be a problem. But there is.

I've been talking to this girl on YIM for a few months now. Now I like her and all, but not like, love. Nothing compared to how I feel about the girl at school. I like to talk to her, and we flirt every now and then, but I keep to reality. I know that really, and online relationship, unless you have met the other participant in person, is kind of stupid. But the problem is, I don't think she understands that. You can see that when we flirt, it's not just friendly, everyday flirting. She has some feelings. Now, I'm going to ask the girl at school out sooner or later, and I know once that happens, I'm going to have to tell this online friend. But when I do that, I'm going to break her heart. I really don't want to do that. But I know at the same time, chances of us actually meeting are like the chances of me getting struck by lightning on a clear day.

I dunno. Any suggestions. :rolleyes:

Daisymae26
12-20-2005, 09:27 PM
well, if you do ask the girl out at school and she says no, then you can always have the girl online. but if you've already told her about asking the other girl out, her feelings will probably have been hurt, and two friendships just might go down the drain. as for a solution to both problems, i'll have to think about it...hope this helps! :)

MuNkY
12-20-2005, 09:30 PM
I feel like such a dope. This isn't quality posting.

MuNkY
12-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I should also add that she knows that I like this other girl. It just seems like she's trying to win me over.

Arielfn93
12-20-2005, 09:47 PM
hmmmmm, I am very deep in thought

polysisterchick
12-20-2005, 09:48 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm this is one tough pickle.
If I were you I would prolly ask the girl at school out. You have a better chance with her than the online girl. My questions about the online girl is how do you know that the online girl is actually a girl, or if she is around you age and not 54, or even if she would send you a picture it could be a picture of you friend. You know the girl at your school better and you like the girl at your school. The YIM girl will prolly be heartbroken but it is like you said, "chances of us actually meeting are like the chances of me getting struck by lightning on a clear day."
DON'T feel like a dope-- lots of people have questions about what they should do-I have TONS of those... I just haven't posted about them yet :teeth: you got more guts than I do if you are posting and asking people for their advice!
so a short summary of all that is:
Remain friends with YIM girl
Try to get closer to the school girl
Eat more chikin
(JUST REMEMBER THAT WAS ALL MY OPINION on what I would do in your situation not what I think you should do!!!!!!)

MuNkY
12-20-2005, 10:05 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmm this is one tough pickle.
If I were you I would prolly ask the girl at school out. You have a better chance with her than the online girl. My questions about the online girl is how do you know that the online girl is actually a girl, or if she is around you age and not 54, or even if she would send you a picture it could be a picture of you friend. You know the girl at your school better and you like the girl at your school. The YIM girl will prolly be heartbroken but it is like you said, "chances of us actually meeting are like the chances of me getting struck by lightning on a clear day."
DON'T feel like a dope-- lots of people have questions about what they should do-I have TONS of those... I just haven't posted about them yet :teeth: you got more guts than I do if you are posting and asking people for their advice!
so a short summary of all that is:
Remain friends with YIM girl
Try to get closer to the school girl
Eat more chikin
(JUST REMEMBER THAT WAS ALL MY OPINION on what I would do in your situation not what I think you should do!!!!!!)
She's sent me many pictures. I'm like. 98% sure that she is who she says she is.

Princess Ash
12-21-2005, 09:31 AM
She's sent me many pictures. I'm like. 98% sure that she is who she says she is.

Why do you say it would be so unlikely for you to meet her?
JW :confused3
Also, how long have u been talking to the girl on YIM?

MuNkY
12-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Why do you say it would be so unlikely for you to meet her?
JW :confused3
Also, how long have u been talking to the girl on YIM?
Well, seeing as she lives in New Mexico, and I live in Michigan, and neither one of us has plans on going to NM or MI anytimes soon. Yeah.

I've known her for about a year and a half, but just recently started talking to her again.

Princess Ash
12-21-2005, 11:03 AM
How did you meet her? And I'm gooonnnnaa hafta say go for the school girl...long distance relationships never work out...ESPECIALLY if you've never met her...

MuNkY
12-21-2005, 11:34 AM
How did you meet her? And I'm gooonnnnaa hafta say go for the school girl...long distance relationships never work out...ESPECIALLY if you've never met her...
Yahoo pool room.

Princess Ash
12-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Lol...Munky...that is soooooo random.

Anyways, tell this girl that you like her as a friend, but you don't want it to progress into things more, so you both don't get hurt. Tell her how honestly torn and sorry you are (which I can tell from this post), but that you still want to stay close friends. Then ask her if SHE has anything to say, and answer any questions she has. Make sure she is "ok" (which of course, she won't be...but I'm sure she'll get over someone she's never met) and hopefully things can go back to "normal" with you two. My advice, don't even bring up the school girl anymore. All it does is rub it in internet girl's face....make the "break up" be about something else (even though yes, I know, you guys aren't a couple, etc.)

That's my advice...whaddoes every else think about that?

DollfieDreams
12-21-2005, 01:30 PM
i fully agree with princess...

just remember, if internet girl really likes you the way she says she does, than she'd like for you to be happy. and if school girl makes you happy, than by all means, shoot for the stars. just remember, take it easy with internet girl if you know you mean a lot to her. having a guy choose another girl over them is heart breaking and i know how she feels, its not easy, but if you keep talking to her, keep being friends with her, time heals all wounds.

good luck. :goodvibes

grassfairy
12-21-2005, 07:24 PM
well.. if u like this school girl, tell her. but if u know that the online girl likes u, tell her that u don't like her the way she thinks udo, and that u still wana b her friend. just my advice

Princess Ash
12-21-2005, 07:25 PM
well.. if u like this school girl, tell her. but if u know that the online girl likes u, tell her that u don't like her the way she thinks udo, and that u still wana b her friend. just my advice

You gotta be gentle with the girl online tho...just remember...though it's easier to type and talk to a box...there is a real, live, flesh and blood person on the other end of the line with feelings, hopes, and dreams...just be extra-nice.

PunkGothicBabe
12-22-2005, 12:08 PM
yeah everyone here is right.
u hav real feelings for the school girl so try to get close to her. u know her better than internet girl.
if school girl likes u the same way internet girl does, then internet girl will be happy for u.
but remember: it can take years to make begin a friendship, but seconds to destroy it, so break it in a sympathetic way to internet girl so u 2 can still remain friends.

Princess Ash
12-22-2005, 05:51 PM
IMHO...just so u know...the internet girl is NOT going to be happy for you. I don't care if she says she is...if she really likes you in that way...she's going to be hurt...not happy...sorry...I don't care how good of a person someone is...

MuNkY
12-22-2005, 06:26 PM
IMHO...just so u know...the internet girl is NOT going to be happy for you. I don't care if she says she is...if she really likes you in that way...she's going to be hurt...not happy...sorry...I don't care how good of a person someone is...
That's what I was figuring.