PDA

View Full Version : Dining Central -- January

BobBrazeal
09-21-2001, 11:46 AM
Hello fellow adult and solo travelers,

Breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack?? Ė Is anyone out there interested in linking up with other adult or solo travelers? Well then youíve come to the right place.

Are you new to solo travel or a little nervous about going for a meal by yourself? This might just be a good way for some newer solo travelers to feel more comfortable going for a nice sit down dinner. This could give you one more thing to enjoy on your next trip to the world!!

Are you comfortable alone but just think you might want some company or conversation for a meal or two? Maybe youíre just interested in meeting some other vacationers like yourself that travel either solo or without the kids. This could be the ďE-ticketĒ for you.

This isnít just for solo travelers but for anyone on these boards, but certainly targeted for the adult or solo travelers. I just know that some solo travelers are a bit reluctant to dine alone so Iíve dwelled on them. I remember; Iím usually a solo and was very reluctant at first.

Let others know of your interest, right here. Post your travel dates and specifically any dates that you might want to meet to share a meal or a snack. Please specify any preference for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. Let us know if you already have a Priority Seating somewhere that you wish to share, and the time.

Maybe, if you would please, when youíve confirmed plans with someone and are booked, edit your original reply here to let others know.

So who is up for some company for a meal in January?

Bob

BobBrazeal
09-21-2001, 11:50 AM
Just to get it started, I'll be there from December 27th through January 6th. If anyone is interested in getting together for some meals, let me know. I'll probably be adding some detail to this at a later time when I get some more definite plans and possibly some Priority Seatings set up. Until then, PM or e-mail if you have any interest or ideas or even if you already have a PS and would like some company.

nicelady
09-23-2001, 04:42 PM
I'll be there January 19-26 by myself. Saturday to Saturday.

I'd like to do California Grille one night and watch the MK fireworks. I'd also like to do Illuminations from World Showcase. Either evening would be a good one to share a meal with a fellow DIS'er.

As the dates get closer, keep me in mind!

BobBrazeal
11-09-2001, 04:04 PM
:bounce:

Bumping once for visibility.

BonnieA
12-02-2001, 01:55 PM
Nicelady:
I am thinking about a solo trip to WDW at the end of January probably the 23-30. If the plans do come together I would love to meet you for a meal. Please email me.

BonnieA
12-06-2001, 11:57 AM
My plans are now firm. I'll be there 1/22-1/30. My husband will join me on Saturday, Sunday and Monday but otherwise I will be alone. Would love to meet other solos for a meal or just a snack. Email me, maybe we can set something up.
-Bonnie

doubletrouble_vb
12-14-2001, 11:38 PM
Funny I'll be there the 26th thru the 30th but the 26th & 27th are the main days I'll be solo...however if anyone sets something up I might be interested in ditching the family group I'll be with to meet other solos.

Simba's Mom
12-17-2001, 09:50 PM
Got the Frand Floridian Tea reserved January 2 @ 4:30. Getting cold feet about doing this solo (never comfortable at solo sit-down meals), but I knew DH wouldn't go for it. Anyone else care to go?

doubletrouble_vb
12-20-2001, 09:49 PM
I went solo to the Grand Floridian in September & loved it. The CM's are happy to make you comfortable & to talk to you. I bought a Diary with me everywhere I went so I could write my thoughts down as I looked around.

RLMS56
12-21-2001, 04:59 PM
I am seriously thinking of going solo for the first time. Stay at GF since I have always wanted to do the spa. I am a DVC member and have pts that need to be used by 1/31 or banked. So this is a good "reason" to use them! Airfare is cheap ($153) so this may be a go. My dates would probably be 1/22 - 25. I have never done the GF tea and would love to try it.

BonnieA
12-21-2001, 05:11 PM
RLMS56, I wanted to get to that tea last year during my trip but it wasn't to be. I would love to go and meet you there. I'm arriving on the 22nd so anytime after that will work for me. Please email me if you are interested.
-Bonnie

evairis
12-23-2001, 11:00 AM
I'm going solo to BWV on January 2 through the 11th. It would be nice to meet some fellow DVCers for a meal and conversation. I haven't set any PS yet. This trip has been a real spur of the moment thing, but it would be nice to meet some of you who have posted here.

BobBrazeal
12-27-2001, 08:01 AM
E-mail me at bbrazeal@home.com. I'm already on the road but I'll be checking my mail via my laptop. I'll be at VWL from 1/1 - 1/7 and BWV from 1/7 - 1/10. Let's get together. I don't currently have and PS or I'd make firmer plans. Just e-mail and we will figure it out. Looking forward to having company for a meal or two.