PDA

View Full Version : Cookie press recipes needed :o)

kldmom2000
12-20-2005, 01:02 PM
I finally bought a cookie press (the barrel type that has the different attachments to make pretty cookies) I was hoping there would be some recipe ideas inside the box, but there wasn't..... does anyone have any great recipes??? Should I do a shortbread one or would sugar cookie dough work? TIA!

JudithM
12-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Here is a recipe from the recipe book that came with my cookie press years ago:

BASIC SPRITZ COOKIES
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teasponn baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. With electric mixer, beat butter, shortening thoroughly.

2. Add sugar gradually, continuing to beat about 5 minutes until light, fluffy.

3. Add egg, vanilla; beat well.

4. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off; blend flour, baking powder, salt together; add in 3 additions; mix well after each addition; dough will be stiff.

5. Fill & assemble gun; use desired cookie disc; make cookies.

6. Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees or until just starting to turn light golden around edges, being careful not to overbake.

7. Makes 6-7 dozen cookies.

Minnie&Mickey
12-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Definitely try the recipe above. It is my favorite recipe to make with a cookie press, and the cookies look so pretty!

ptlycloudy
12-20-2005, 08:47 PM
I have used the recipes from this Christmas Cookie (http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/searchr.php?srcharg=spritz+&x=38&y=5) site . My husband loves the eggnog spritz, I like the almond cream, and my kids like the classic.

Happy cookie making!

twinz
12-20-2005, 09:08 PM
Here is our grandmas shortbread recipie...it is a much loved cookie in our family.

1 cup butter
3/4 cup fruit sugar (or very fine sugar)
2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 300 degrees
mix all ingredients (use your hands). If the mixture gets to "easy" to roll, refridgerate. Roll out with a rolling pin (not too thin, not too thick)
Bake for approximately 10 minutes (but watch them--as I am guessing at the time--they should be lightly browned on the bottom)
Let cool
These taste better the more they age, so if you keep them for a week, they will still taste great. They are a hard shortbread, not a soft one.

mlg32
12-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Chocolate pillow cookies-----One of my favorites is use the basic spritz(by the way I always use all butter no shortening) and the disk for the wavy strips. Push out a strip of dough and set hershey minatures or dove minatures at even intervals along the strip, top with another strip of dough. Use a knife to seperate into individual "pillow" cookies---Delicious!