PDA

View Full Version : 1/6/2007 Early Roll Call...Anyone Else Going???

Pages : [1] 2 3

kris1973
12-19-2005, 03:48 PM
My family just booked and we are so excited. I know it is a year away but I just wanted to see if anyone else is going to be on the ship with us. My daughters will be 11 and 9 when we sail. If anyone has any daughter their age maybe they can write to each other and get excited.

Kristin

soleilmagie
12-19-2005, 08:19 PM
Hi! :wave:

We are also going on this cruise! We have two kids: DS will be 4 1/2 and DD will be 2 1/2 by then.

Let's hope many more will join us!

---------------------------

Who's coming...

Soleilmagie (Stephanie), DBF(Daniel), DS4 1/2 (Mathieu), DD 2 1/2 (Isabelle)
NYAna (Ana), DH (Rudy) and friends (Yhey and Ben), DS2 (Bryan), Yheh's sister 11 (Marianne)
blues4, DH, DS8, DD 5 1/2
luv2cruzus, DH, DN25
The_Marchands (Brian), DW, DS8, DD17, DD7
akamaleficent (Nicole), DH (Nathan)
lilofan (Jack), DW (Christine), three adult children DS30, DD28, DS26
SurfnTurf, DH, DS9, DD 4 1/2
Bikinietmartini boy 9, girl 13, girl 14
supercalidisgirl (lilofan's DD)
tinkerbellmom1 (Sheri), DH, DS13, DS14
cruisingsoon123, spouse, DD1
theBarils (David), DW, DS4 1/2 and friends, DS 4 1/2, DD6
Medictinkerbell, DH, DS 4 1/2, DD 6 1/2
cruisin'Mike (Mike), DW, DS9, DS7, DD7
3riverscruiser, DW, DD8 and DS7
LWQuestie, DBF
Carrie Aukerman, DH (Randy)
Sunflowergirl66, DH, DD 4 1/2
red91wing, DS16, DD11, DS13 and DD7
luvs2disney (Pam), DH
Bullseyebaby, DH (Dave), DS14, DD9
jellojatdisney, DD 4 1/2, DD 2 1/2
Tinkfan84, DF

Want to see who you're cruising with? Check out our Cruise album (http://public.fotki.com/captainjack4376/january_2_2007_virt/)
Want to add your picture? Send a email to CaptainJack (http://www.disboards.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=121932)

I hope I didn't forget anyone...

kris1973
12-29-2005, 07:52 AM
bump hope some more are comming

soleilmagie
01-08-2006, 10:53 PM
We have less than a year to go, time to give this thread a big bump! :bounce: :jumping3: :Pinkbounc :jumping2: :jumping1: :maleficen

In one year, we will be at sea! :boat:

We can't be alone... can we?

NYAna
01-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Hi!

DH and I along with three adult friends and their children will be on this cruise too!! Children will be 11 (girl) and almost 2 (boy).

We are staying on deck 7. Where are the rest of you staying?

I can't wait!

soleilmagie
01-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Welcome!

Last year we were on Deck 7 (booked 7000-cat 8, had 7522-cat5!!!) and loved the location. This time we won't know for a while, we booked a cat. 12 GTY.

NYAna
01-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Bump... come on. There has got to be more of us going on this cruise. Let's chat.

kris1973
01-20-2006, 07:39 AM
I thought this thread had died so I have not posted. I am just so darn excited about it being less than a year away. We have not officially put our deposit down. Our furnace attacked us!!! So that delayed our deposit, but we are so going. It is going to be weird packing summer stuff in January but showing up to the airport in hats, gloves, coats LOL. How are all of you doing?

Kristin

disallday!
01-20-2006, 10:32 AM
:cool1: We are so excited about going too! My daughter will be 12 at sail date and my son will be 13 at sail date! Are you going on the 1/7/07 4-night cruise on Wonder? Right?

NYAna
01-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Hey all,

I can't stop thinking about going on this cruise. I can't wait. We've already put down our deposit. Now we have to start saving to pay it off.
I wish I can already start booking the shore excursions and such. Well, we will just have to wait.

disallday!
01-20-2006, 02:20 PM
:confused3 Sorry, a bit confused! I won't b seeing u guys on this one, we are leaving the day after 4 the 4-niter! :sad2: But it'll still be a blast, we did 3-niter last year!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Anywho......... you guys have fun and stay safe!

soleilmagie
01-20-2006, 05:06 PM
I wish I can already start booking the shore excursions and such. Well, we will just have to wait.

Do you know already which excursions you want to take? We are thinking of booking some this time, but I try not to look... :rolleyes1 Don't want to tire everyone with this overplanning habit of mine!

blues4
01-25-2006, 10:02 AM
My family is also going on this cruise. We put our deposit down and got our itinerary yesterday. We are so excited. It is going to be me and my husband and our two kids. My son will be 8 when we sail and my daughter will be 5 and 1/2. This our first cruise ever and we cannot wait. We only heard good things about the DLC. :wave2:

soleilmagie
01-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Welcome to the DISboards blues4! :wave: :welcome:

NYAna
01-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Do you know already which excursions you want to take?
Actually, I don't know yet. But I think this time we will do the dolphins excursion.

blues4
01-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Where do you find the list of excursions and when is the earliest you can book them? Do you book them through your travel agent or on the ship? Thanks for your help, don't forget we are first time cruisers.

soleilmagie
01-27-2006, 05:22 PM
You will see the shore excursions on the DCL website by selecting the port of call of your choice on the ''Ports of Call'' menu on the left.

The reservations can be made through your travel agent, on the ship or directly on the website. Online, ''Registration begins 105 days before embarkation for Concierge Level Guests (stateroom categories 1-3); 90 days before embarkation for Castaway Club members; 75 days before embarkation for first-time Disney cruisers.'' (from the DCL website)

On the DISboards, you will find many threads about the different excursions.

Hope this helps!

blues4
01-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the information. You are very helpful. :wave:

soleilmagie
02-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Anyone else? Any lurkers waiting to come out? :confused3

soleilmagie
02-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Are you doing anything Disney for Valentine's Day? :love:

I bought a Mickey waffler for magical breakfasts...

NYAna
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I started classes again and I barely have time to even see my husband. :-(

Well, just wanted to say hi!

msaseifert
02-14-2006, 09:44 PM
We just got off the Magic last week, it was our first cruise, now we are hooked. We enjoyed it so much that we are doing it again. We had such a great time, we did the dolphin swim at Anguilla and Coral World at St Thomas. We reserved the Castaway Cay getaway Package at CC. Any questions, I would be happy to answer. Our party will be 6 this time, my inlaws will come along this time. My DS will be 11 and my DD will be 7. See you then! :wave2:

NYAna
02-15-2006, 11:14 AM
We just got off the Magic last week, it was our first cruise, now we are hooked. We enjoyed it so much that we are doing it again. We had such a great time, we did the dolphin swim at Anguilla and Coral World at St Thomas. We reserved the Castaway Cay getaway Package at CC. Any questions, I would be happy to answer. Our party will be 6 this time, my inlaws will come along this time. My DS will be 11 and my DD will be 7. See you then! :wave2:
I'm sorry... are you going on the same cruise as us?

Thanks,

msaseifert
02-16-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm sorry... are you going on the same cruise as us?

Thanks,

YEP! :cool1:

NYAna
02-17-2006, 08:23 AM
YEP! :cool1:

Great! My DH and I last cruised with Disney in Dec 2001 so this will be our second cruise. This time we are bringing friends with us. They've never been on a Disney Cruise and I think it will blow their minds. :rotfl:

soleilmagie
03-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Bump! :jumping1:

luv2cruzsus
03-22-2006, 04:39 PM
We'll be joining everyone on this cruise as well! This will be our second DCL and fourth cruise in general. Our first DCL was 12/01.

On this trip it will be my DH (a Disneyland castmember), my niece (25) and me. It's her first cruise so I'm excited to see it all through her eyes!

The countdown continues!

NYAna
03-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Our first DCL was 12/01.

Hi! Welcome to our group... although we haven't been chatting much. (I guess we are all a bit busy).

So, you traveled on DCL in Dec 01? So did my husband and I. We were on the Wonder. Dec 13, 2001. Which one were you on?

Hey everyone... let's start chatting more. It will get us pumped! :goodvibes

soleilmagie
03-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Welcome luv2cruzsus! :welcome:

We're you on an Eastern cruise last time?

NYAna
03-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Soleilmagie,

Have you done anything for the cruise yet? Made anything?

I really wish I could. I've been so busy with work and classes that I haven't had time to even think of the little things I want to make for the cruise.

Let me know.

Thanks. :)

soleilmagie
03-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi!

I haven't done anything for the cruise other than buying formal and semi-formal dresses for me and DD (who will be 2 1/2 next January) at the after Christmas sales!

As far as making things, did you have any ideas? Last time we cruised, I was only a lurker...

NYAna
03-24-2006, 08:11 AM
As far as making things, did you have any ideas? Last time we cruised, I was only a lurker...

That's great that you took advantage of the sales. I don't want to buy any clothes yet because I am determined to lose weight before the cruise.

On another note... for my first Disney cruise I didn't make anything either. But this time I want to make those magnetic boards for the cabin door. I know that on the main board they've been talking about it.

This time I'm going with children so I want to make it special for them and do something extra but just haven't had the time nor energy to do it now. Maybe when we get closer to our trip.

soleilmagie
03-26-2006, 01:11 PM
I'll have to do a search on the other boards to get some ideas...

luv2cruzsus
04-10-2006, 01:57 PM
We were on the Magic cruise in 2001 the week they lit the Christmas tree - I believe it was the week before Christmas. It was awesome. We did the same itinerary that we will do this time as well. The dates just worked out better for us. I just love being on the ship, so I don't care where it goes!

We have a category 4 this time on deck 8.

NYAna
04-10-2006, 08:04 PM
We were on the Magic cruise in 2001 the week they lit the Christmas tree - I believe it was the week before Christmas. It was awesome. We did the same itinerary that we will do this time as well. The dates just worked out better for us. I just love being on the ship, so I don't care where it goes!

Hi luv2cruzsus,

Don't be sorry. None of us have been on the boards in a while.... guess everyone is busy. So glad you'll be joining us. I just looked at your countdown and was amazed that the cruise is less than 9 months away!!!! I can't believe it. I can't wait!!! Oh... my husband and I just got our tax refund so that money will go to pay almost half of the cruise so I'm really really happy about that! :bounce: So from now til about October we should be all paid up. :cheer2:

I can't wait to be able to reserve Palo, etc.

soleilmagie
04-11-2006, 09:14 PM

Did you do any excursions? If so, which one do you recommend?

The_Marchands
04-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi Everyone, We are going with you as well.....Can't Wait!

Myself, DW, DS 8 yrs at sail time, DD 17 yrs at sail time, DD 7 yrs at sail time

We Have been on the Wonder back in 2000 I believe it was

We are Cat 4 staying on deck 8----Cabin 8538

We have been looking at excursions, DW, DS and DD want to do some snorkling for sure. Myself and Oldest DD are into Scuba Diving and are deciding if we are going to book through the cruiseline or book through a local dive store on St Thomas and St Maartin.

Anyone else into Scuba thats going?

I guess we have lots of time to get all that stuff figured out.

I think this site is an awesome idea, we met alot of nice people on the last disney cruise and this would have been great to have then.

Lets keep this thread active and see if we can have some fun together..

Brian

The_Marchands
04-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Lets just see if my counter is working OK

NYAna
04-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Lets just see if my counter is working OK

Looks like it's working just fine. Great that you can join us. Hopefully more people join this thread so we can keep it going.

So you're a big group too... we are 7. The first time I was on a Disney Cruise it was just my husband and I and we've always said that next time we have to go with other people because it's so much fun. I hope we can all get together while on the cruise.

Well, great to have you here.

The_Marchands
04-12-2006, 10:11 PM
It's early, I'm sure we will see lots of people signing up here.

The first time we did the wonder we only had 3 of us, now we have 2 more, it will be a blast.
I think the door magnet Idea is a great Idea. Then we can spot other friends from here that we chatted with.

soleilmagie
04-12-2006, 10:46 PM
Welcome Brian! :welcome:

NYAna
04-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Just an idea I want to share with all... Home Depot or Sears has color swatches that are available for selecting Disney Paints in the shape of Mickeys head. They are really cute and you can use them for different things... e.g. punch a hole in it and use it as a marker/tag for your luggage, etc. I learned of this from someone's post here a long time ago. (don't want to take the credit).

What other ideas can you share.....

The_Marchands
04-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Back to the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luv2cruzsus
04-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Just wanted to wish all my fellow cruisers a great Easter weekend!

The_Marchands
04-17-2006, 06:13 AM
Happy Easter!!

The_Marchands
04-21-2006, 02:14 PM
******Bump******

The_Marchands
04-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Bump---getting too far down the line---

soleilmagie
04-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Is anyone going to dress up for Pirate Night? I don't know what we are going to do yet... We do have two pirate hats... pirate:

soleilmagie
05-02-2006, 04:13 PM
It seems I'm not the only one wondering what to do on Pirate Night : have you seen the new poll? I like the Mr Smee idea for men : simple and fun!

The_Marchands
05-03-2006, 06:16 AM
We are undecided if we are going to dress up, the kids will for sure...

The_Marchands
05-03-2006, 06:17 AM
It seems I'm not the only one wondering what to do on Pirate Night : have you seen the new poll? I like the Mr Smee idea for men : simple and fun!
I have not seen it, where is it at??

soleilmagie
05-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1100584

The Mr Smee idea is on the 9th post.

soleilmagie
05-19-2006, 09:09 AM
This thread needs a little bump :Pinkbounc

No, I have a better idea : it needs a little pixie dust so it can fly! :tink:

NYAna
05-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. I've been studying a lot for my Anatomy class. Finals are next week. Hopefully I'll be on here with you guys more often. I have some bad news though... one of my friends that was going along with us on the cruise passed away on May 19th unexpectedly. It hurts us all so much. She was just 45 years old. :guilty: I don't know if the rest of the group is still going (those would be her husband and her kids and grandchild). I am gonna try to get them to still go on the cruise with us because I know their mom (and wife) would have wanted them to go. This is really hard on me so if you don't see me on here for a while it will be because of two things... studying and just being bumbed out because of her death. Well, maybe being on here will bring up my spirits. Don't know.

Well... continue bumping up this thread to see if we get other people going on the cruise.

Take care All.

soleilmagie
05-29-2006, 12:04 AM
I'm sorry for your lost and I'm sending a little pixie dust for you and your friend's family. :wizard: :grouphug:

akamaleficent
05-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Hello fellow cruisers!
i was kindly directed here by Soleilmagie, thanks for that!
my fiancee and i will be on our honeymoon cruise. this will be his first and my second cruise with DCL. last time i went was in 2001 with my family and it was great. we are super excited about pirate night, we are both pirate fans in general and love to dress up so we will be sporting full pirate regalia. we got one of the obstructed verandah cat.7 rooms - 7120. glad to know you all are out there and am looking forward to keeping each other from going crazy from bottled up excitment over the next few months!

akamaleficent
05-29-2006, 06:39 PM
me again,
i realized i was not on the last page of the thread and missed a few posts.
i wanted to let NYAna know that i am sorry for her loss.

soleilmagie
05-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Just realised I forgot to congratulate you for the upcoming wedding : congratulations! :cheer2: (I just love to put smilies...)

The_Marchands
05-31-2006, 12:20 PM
NYAna, sorry to hear about your loss

The_Marchands
05-31-2006, 12:24 PM
akamaleficent, welcome and congrats to you.

We'll have to watch the other thread now to see if any fellow cruisers post there..

soleilmagie
06-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Bumping smilies time!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :jumping3: :dumbo: :simba: :figment: :stitch: :goofy: :maleficen :sulley: :tigger: :ccat: :donald: :mickeyjum

akamaleficent
06-14-2006, 12:49 PM
my dad fell and hit his head on monday and b/c he is on blood thinners there got to be a little too much blood in his brain. things were serious and starting to look up today. he's talking, lucid and the surgeon seems postive. just letting you know if i'm not around much for a while. hope you all are doing well. glad to have this thread!

NYAna
06-17-2006, 09:35 AM
akamaleficent,

So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he continues to improve. My thoughts are with you and your family.

NYAna
06-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone,

It's nice to be back. Since my friend, Yoly, passed away it felt a bit weird coming on here. Her daughter told me that she was so excited about the trip and how she was telling everyone that she was going on a Disney Cruise. :sad2:

So now her husband does not want to go without his wife. So my group of 7 is now down to 5. The rest of her family knows that she would have wanted them to go.

So this trip is bringing up our spirits and we will continue to plan for it.

Thanks for all your well-wishes. :goodvibes

NYAna
06-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey all,

Was wondering if any of you had suggestions about renting a car. There will be a total of 7 of us and we will be driving from Miami to the port. Are there car rental locations at the port where we can drop off a car? No way will I rent a car and have it sit at the port for a week while we are on the ship. What would you do? Also, we plan on then renting another car to drive from the port to Disney where we will stay for two days then drive back to Miami. Has anyone done this? Have you rented a car to get to the port and then rent another car to get back home? If you haven't... have you heard of anyone else doing it? Do you remember if there are any rental car locations at the port?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

soleilmagie
06-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi!

On our last cruise, we went to the port with the DCL buses and rent a car on the way back. We went with Avis, if I remember well. At the port, most rental company have a sign where you can wait for their shuttle. I remember we had to go back to the port halfway to the Avis office because the driver forgot our stroller back on the boardwalk! :scared1: The poor guy felt so bad! Luckily, it was still there. So don't forget to make sure all of your luggage gets in the shuttle!

I don't know what we will do this time. We are thinking of arriving on the 2nd or the 3rd, so we will probably rent a car and might do the same after the cruise because the direct flight from MCO to Montreal is often in the morning. With the little ones, I don't want to make too many stops.

Let us know what you do and I will do the same when we decide what to do.

akamaleficent
06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
i have heard Budget is a good place to rent a car. they are within a mile of port so you can walk or take their shuttle. most people rent cars and find a way to check them in at port, i know i have seen some threads on the main DCL board that you may want to check out.

my dad passed away on June 20. it was a long, emotional 7 days in the hospital and then we took him to hospice to make him more comfortable in his final hours. i will still move on with our wedding and honeymoon plans but he will be greatly missed in the process.

in the meantime, we have our cruise to look forward to. my sister is cruising with her family in sept and made her reservations online last week. she said with her and her husband on the computer they had no problem getting what they wanted.

NYAna
06-29-2006, 11:39 PM
akamaleficent,

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I've been thinking of you since you told us about his accident. I was hoping that he would get better. I know how hard it is to lose a father. My father passed away last year on Father's Day. He had ALS.

I am glad to hear that you are still going on with your plans for your wedding and honeymoon. Your father would have wanted you to go on with your life and marry the man you love.

It's a good thing that you have the wedding and honeymoon to plan for. It will keep you busy.

Well, this is what this board is for... planning. So plan away... :sunny:

NYAna
06-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi!
On our last cruise, we went to the port with the DCL buses and rent a car on the way back. We went with Avis, if I remember well. At the port, most rental company have a sign where you can wait for their shuttle. I remember we had to go back to the port halfway to the Avis office because the driver forgot our stroller back on the boardwalk! :scared1: The poor guy felt so bad! Luckily, it was still there. So don't forget to make sure all of your luggage gets in the shuttle!

I don't know what we will do this time. We are thinking of arriving on the 2nd or the 3rd, so we will probably rent a car and might do the same after the cruise because the direct flight from MCO to Montreal is often in the morning. With the little ones, I don't want to make too many stops.

Let us know what you do and I will do the same when we decide what to do.
soleilmagie,

Thanks for the info. (and thanks to you too akamaleficent). I have have read a bit about car rentals on other threads and I think that Budget is the way to go. However, I want to do some more homework before I make a decision. I will let you know what I come up with.

Well, it's late. Going to bed. Thanks!

soleilmagie
06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Akamaleficent,

I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. :grouphug:

soleilmagie
07-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi!

Since we were discussing car rentals, I started checking out prices. We are thinking of coming into Orlando the 2nd or the 3rd. Since we are from Canada, I first checked Budget (canadian site) and Avis, since I have a rebate. The Avis quote was the best. Afterwards, I went on the Budget .com site to see I much it was for carseats, and I received a better quote on that site than on the canadian site! Can you understand that? :confused3

soleilmagie
07-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi!

In 6 months, we will be on our third sea day! :boat:

And semi-formal night! princess:

NYAna
07-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Hi!

In 6 months, we will be on our third sea day! :boat:

And semi-formal night! princess:

Yippee!!!

lilofan
07-13-2006, 12:30 AM
pirate: Myself, my DW and our three adult children plus guests are coming on Jan 6.
This is my DW's and my third January Disney Cruise and we just love it this time of year.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment:

NYAna
07-13-2006, 09:14 AM
pirate: Myself, my DW and our three adult children plus guests are coming on Jan 6.
This is my DW's and my third January Disney Cruise and we just love it this time of year.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment: So glad that you will be joining us! The more the merrier! party:

soleilmagie
07-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Welcome aboard lilofan! :welcome: party: :welcome:

akamaleficent
07-13-2006, 02:27 PM
how old are your adult children? do they have children? just curious....

i've been looking at pics of the flying dutchman and hoping that it is still there when we go. my sister and i spent some time together last week looking at door signs and getting ideas. i sure hope that six months goes fast. i'm sure it will with classes, the holidays, etc.

SurfnTurf
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Hello all! We just booked our Eastern cruise for 1/6/07. There will be four of us: dh and I, our ds who will have just turned 9, and our dd who will be 4 1/2. This is our very first cruise ever, and we are very excited! We hope to meet some of you in person on the cruise, and possibly find some friends for ds and dd to hang out with on board and at the kids clubs. I am new to register here, but have been lurking for quite a bit during the planning stages. I look forward to chatting and getting to know some folks before we embark :wave:

NYAna
07-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Hello all! We just booked our Eastern cruise for 1/6/07. There will be four of us: dh and I, our ds who will have just turned 9, and our dd who will be 4 1/2. This is our very first cruise ever, and we are very excited! We hope to meet some of you in person on the cruise, and possibly find some friends for ds and dd to hang out with on board and at the kids clubs. I am new to register here, but have been lurking for quite a bit during the planning stages. I look forward to chatting and getting to know some folks before we embark :wave:
:Pinkbounc Welcome SurfnTurf! :bounce:

Glad that you'll be joining us.

I will be traveling with an 11 year old and a 14 year old. I hope your kids can hang out with them on the cruise.

akamaleficent
07-20-2006, 05:04 PM
i too tend to be a lurker. (until i have a trip to plan) then in order to avoid non-stop talking about the cruise to my friends and family at home, i post here. what a blessing to have this site...

welcome to the group and how exciting to go on your first disney cruise.
you will love it!

NYAna
07-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Okay, I'm finally done with my summer class... I got an A!... Now I feel I can plan a bit. Actually, I think I better plan a lot now because I will start nursing school in September and once I start school I will not have any time to do anything but study.

So, has anyone thought about which excursions you will be doing? The last and only time I was on a Disney cruise my husband and I were on the 3 day. The extent of our excursion was taking a taxi ride to Atlantis in the Bahamas. So this time we want to do much more... but I still have no clue to what we will want to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Another thing that we want to do again is to have dinner at Palo. DH and I had a nice time and it was really nice not having children around. Don't get me wrong... I love children, but it was nice to have a quiet dinner and to look out to the sea.

So, let's get this thread going. We are in countdown mode. :hourglass What else do you all want to talk about?

akamaleficent
07-24-2006, 06:55 PM
the only one i did on the last cruise was a catamaran/snorkel thing. it would have been fun if i hadn't gotten so seasick. i know that i am prone to motion sickness, and i took bonine on the boat everyday and didn't have any problems at all...
so all i know is: no catamaran

my family and i made our own way to Trunk Bay, had a great time there and were able to spend more time there since we weren't traveling with such a big group.

we haven't decided if we're doing any, i still need to do some more research and talk things over with DF.

soleilmagie
07-29-2006, 08:29 PM

Welcome SurfnTurf! :welcome:

Our DS will also be 4 1/2 at the time of the cruise (DD will be 2 1/2). I don't know if he will want to play with your DD or if he will enjoy the club since he speaks french. He watches tv in english and knows many words, but he can get shy in a ''real'' situation. We will see... at sea! :boat:

soleilmagie
07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Congratulations for your class NYAna! :cool1:

I don't know what we will do for excursions yet. I do have a few ideas for St Thomas : Coral World and the beach nearby, Paradise Point, but I don't know if we will go with DCL or on our own. For St Martin, I really don't know. Maybe the butterfly farm and/or an island tour.

As far as things to do on the ship, there are many we didn't have time to do the first time around (the kids were 2 1/2 and 8 months at the time) : Palo, the clubs, Art of entertainment/Behind the scenes tours,... As you can see, we really had no choice but to cruise again! :rolleyes1

We are now looking at flight schedules and prices. We are thinking coming in on January 1st. At first, we wanted to do non-Disney visits, like Sea World or the Space Kennedy Center and bring the kids to WDW on another trip when they would be older, but the more we thought about it, the more we realised it would be less trouble to take the ME from MCO and stay in one hotel with no car.

soleilmagie
07-29-2006, 10:18 PM
:cool1: :cheer2: :yay:

Our flights are now booked. We will leave Montreal on January 1st and come back on January 14th!

:yay: :cheer2: :cool1:

NYAna
07-29-2006, 10:51 PM
:cool1: :cheer2: :yay:

Our flights are now booked. We will leave Montreal on January 1st and come back on January 14th!

:yay: :cheer2: :cool1: That's great! We purchased our flights back in February. We got it for $170.00 round-trip from NY to FL on American Airlines. We will be flying down on January 5th and will return on January 17th.

Soleilmagie, thanks for the idea on the butterfly excursion... I think we would love that.

I was talking to my eldest sister about St. Martin and St. Thomas and she asked if we were going to the French side or the ______ side (I can't remember the other side). I told her I didn't know. She said the food on the French side is amazing. Do you have any idea which side we will be going to?

soleilmagie
07-30-2006, 04:23 PM
NYAna, you are so lucky to live in the US when it comes to flights! For us, it was 475 CAN$ round trip (plus taxes).

The other half of St. Martin, St. Maarten, is dutch. I don't know on which side is the port, but many tours go to both sides of the island.

The_Marchands
08-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Welcome to SurfnTurf and Lilofan, glad to have you aboard. The countdown is definately on. Our oldest dd is 16, next ds is 8 and youngest dd is 6. Not sure about excursions yet, I know I am going to book some scuba diving in St Thomas and St Maartin, I know the rest of the family wants to do some snorkling.

CaptainJack
08-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone. I just confirmed our trip for this cruise. It will me, my DW, and DDs (twins) age 12. As you can see, we are also going on the September 2, 2006 cruise in a few weeks. Once I get back I will post photos of the Flying Dutchman. Let me know whether you want photos of anything else from the cruise. :cool1:

NYAna
08-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi everyone. I just confirmed our trip for this cruise. It will me, my DW, and DDs (twins) age 12. As you can see, we are also going on the September 2, 2006 cruise in a few weeks. Once I get back I will post photos of the Flying Dutchman. Let me know whether you want photos of anything else from the cruise. :cool1:Welcome CaptainJack! :wave2: So great you'll be joining us! :Pinkbounc

That's wonderful that you will be on the Sept 2 Disney Cruise. I envy you! I can't wait for our cruise in January! Oh, could you bring back info from St. Maarten and St. Thomas? Like what to do and where to eat? Do you have anything planned? Oh great! Getting even more excited now! :rotfl:

CaptainJack
08-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Will do. We went on the Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2001 and the Western in 2005. For anyone with children, I would definitely recommend the Atlantis submarine in St. Thomas. We did that in 2001 when my DDs were 7. They loved in and talk about it even now. In St. Marteen, we did the catmaran and snorkeling. The girls loved it, I thought it was okay, and my wife thought it was marginally okay because she did not snorkel. If you decide to do that excursion, you should be aware that the ride on the catmaran can be bumpy. I started to get seasick on the way back--the only time that I was seasick on the whole trip and the first day on the ship we had 15 foot seas. Also, the snorkeling is on the French side of the island. And, as soon as we got there 2 women immediately took off the tops of their bikinis, which was very interesting for all of the teenage boys that went on the excursion. :smokin:

NYAna
08-09-2006, 04:57 PM
Will do. Thanks!We went on the Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2001 and the Western in 2005. For anyone with children, I would definitely recommend the Atlantis submarine in St. Thomas. We did that in 2001 when my DDs were 7. They loved in and talk about it even now. In St. Marteen, we did the catmaran and snorkeling. The girls loved it, I thought it was okay, and my wife thought it was marginally okay because she did not snorkel. If you decide to do that excursion, you should be aware that the ride on the catmaran can be bumpy. I started to get seasick on the way back--the only time that I was seasick on the whole trip and the first day on the ship we had 15 foot seas. Also, the snorkeling is on the French side of the island. Thanks for this info! The Atlantis submarine sounds good. Not too sure about the snorkeling... my husband didn't have a good time when we did that in Cancun.And, as soon as we got there 2 women immediately took off the tops of their bikinis, which was very interesting for all of the teenage boys that went on the excursion. :smokin: Ha ha ha... I bet it was very interesting. :rotfl2:

lilofan
08-10-2006, 12:38 PM
pirate:
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't replied to anyone but a combination of computer failure, vacation, and dealing with a severly ill 83 year old parent has eaten up my time. My Adult children are 30--an artist, 28 an actress and agent, and 26, a circus performer currently headlining on the NCL Jewel on a Mediterrenean cruise as a performer. For the 30 and 28 year old it is their first cruise. The 26 year old had to leave his grad night party and fly to Florida for his first cruise performance job and has cruised 35 or more times.
DW and I are on our third trip in three years and are just as exited as can be. All of our trips have been in January.

msaseifert
08-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Sorry to be leaving you but we decided to move our upcoming cruise to the Jan 27 Magic Western Cruise. I know you guys will have lots of fun and the holiday decor will still be up for you..........not sure about when we get on ship. At any rate have a great time!! :sunny:

soleilmagie
08-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Welcome aboard CaptainJack! pirate: :welcome: pirate:

You really seem like an Eastern fan!

NYAna
08-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Sorry to be leaving you but we decided to move our upcoming cruise to the Jan 27 Magic Western Cruise. I know you guys will have lots of fun and the holiday decor will still be up for you..........not sure about when we get on ship. At any rate have a great time!! :sunny: Sad to see you leave but I know you'll still have lots of fun! Enjoy!

NYAna
08-10-2006, 10:32 PM
pirate:
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't replied to anyone but a combination of computer failure, vacation, and dealing with a severly ill 83 year old parent has eaten up my time. My Adult children are 30--an artist, 28 an actress and agent, and 26, a circus performer currently headlining on the NCL Jewel on a Mediterrenean cruise as a performer. For the 30 and 28 year old it is their first cruise. The 26 year old had to leave his grad night party and fly to Florida for his first cruise performance job and has cruised 35 or more times.
DW and I are on our third trip in three years and are just as exited as can be. All of our trips have been in January.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment: Hi lilofan. Sorry to hear about your parent.

Wow! Your children are talented! Well, glad to see you back... at least for a little bit. :blush:

CaptainJack
08-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Helllooooooo .....
Is anyone out there ......

NYAna
08-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Helllooooooo .....
Is anyone out there ...... Helloo Helloo Helloo

akamaleficent
08-13-2006, 03:45 PM
i have also had some internet issues, i'm at the library right now, i couldn't go another day without the web!

lilofan-you're kids are about the same age as me and my fiance. he is 31 and will have just starts an aviation mechanic program in a week or so and i have decided to go back to school as a graphic design major and will have completed my 2nd semester before the cruise.

this should be a fun cruise for all!!!

NYAna
08-13-2006, 07:40 PM
i have also had some internet issues, i'm at the library right now, i couldn't go another day without the web!

lilofan-you're kids are about the same age as me and my fiance. he is 31 and will have just starts an aviation mechanic program in a week or so and i have decided to go back to school as a graphic design major and will have completed my 2nd semester before the cruise.

this should be a fun cruise for all!!! Hi akamaleficent, I was a graphic design major and fine arts major until I decided to go for nursing. BUT I still love graphic design. You'll do great if you love it! Have fun with it. So you're in your 30's? I'm 31 and hubby is 35. My friends coming along with us are 27 and 28 (if I remember correctly).

Wow, your fiance is into aviation mechanics... really cool. All the best to him.

soleilmagie
08-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone!

Seems many of us are about the same age! I'm 30 and my boyfriend is 31. I work for the provincial government (departement of education) and DBF is an engineer. You already know our kids are 4 and 2. DS can't wait to go back on the Mickey boat : yesterday, we wanted to show my dad our vacation pictures (we just came back from Maine), but DS wanted to show him the pictures from last year's cruise! :earsboy:

CaptainJack
08-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Okay, now all of you are making me feel old since I am 48. Yikes. I thought I would know a whole lot more when I got to this age. :confused3

NYAna
08-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Okay, now all of you are making me feel old since I am 48. Yikes. I thought I would know a whole lot more when I got to this age. :confused3 Oh CaptainJack... don't feel like that. You are the age you feel (or want to be). I think that anyone that is into Disney like us on this board... is young at heart. :yay:

NYAna
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
BUMP
:dumbo: :simba: :stitch: :figment: :goofy: :maleficen :sulley: :tigger: :hmghost: :ccat: :donald: :mickeyjum

soleilmagie
08-21-2006, 07:25 PM
There must be new cruisers out there... prices went up! :rotfl2:

NYAna
08-22-2006, 09:14 AM
There must be new cruisers out there... prices went up! :rotfl2: I am so glad I booked way back in Dec 05! :yay:

Bikinietmartini
08-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Hi !

We are 3 children of 9 (boy), 13 (girl) and 14 (girl) years old. We will do our first cruise on January 6th 2007 and we would like to know if other kids of the same age will be on this seven nights cruise.

Thank you !

NYAna
08-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi !

We are 3 children of 9 (boy), 13 (girl) and 14 (girl) years old. We will do our first cruise on January 6th 2007 and we would like to know if other kids of the same age will be on this seven nights cruise.

Thank you ! Hi Bikinietmartini! Welcome! :welcome:

Although they are not my children... I will have an 11 year old (girl), a 13 year old (girl) and a 1 1/2 year old (boy) traveling with us. (They are my friends kid and siblings.) Hopefully then can have fun together!

Great to have you with us!! I can't wait! :Pinkbounc

soleilmagie
08-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Bienvenue à bord, Bikinietmartini! party: :banana: :cheer2: :cool1: :woohoo: :wave2: :yay: party:

Quand partez-vous pour la Floride? Nous sommes peut-être sur les mêmes vols...

CaptainJack
08-28-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi !

Thank you !

Welcome, my DW, DDs, and I will be on this cruise. My DDs (twins) will be 12 when we sail.

NYAna
08-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Okay... so my husband finally got his renewed passport today. I bugged him so much about getting it. I truly thought he was going to wait until the last minute! So I feel like we are getting closer... I added his passport information to our reservations on Disney's website. Now all we have to do is fill out the other forms like the medical form, etc. :goodvibes

You know what I found weird? When I went to update my information it had a few new questions like, "When do you think you will cruise". I entered the information and when I submitted it I got an error message. It said that my Castaway ID # is incorrect! :confused3 It said for me to call Disney to get a number as they are updating their systems and are giving out new numbers. So if any of you are Castaway members... make sure you call Disney to get your new number. It's too late for me to call Disney now... it's 10:26pm. I will call tomorrow and get new member numbers... for me and my hubby.

supercalidisgirl
08-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Heading out on the Eastern Cruise 1/6/07 with my DD (that's dad, not daughter), DM (mom) and DS (siblings). So that's two old people (sorry dad, if you're reading this which I'm sure you are) and one or two of my adult brothers. Looking to hang with some other disney peeps for pajama bingo, pirate night, excursions, etc. Write back!

NYAna
08-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Heading out on the Eastern Cruise 1/6/07 with my DD (that's dad, not daughter), DM (mom) and DS (siblings). So that's two old people (sorry dad, if you're reading this which I'm sure you are) and one or two of my adult brothers. Looking to hang with some other disney peeps for pajama bingo, pirate night, excursions, etc. Write back!
Welcome supercalidisgirl! So happy all of you will be joining us. The more the merrier! :grouphug:

Oh, I will be at pajama bingo for sure! :cloud9:

supercalidisgirl
08-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Ha...lilofan must be my dad. I just realized it...I didn't know his username. How many other people have 3 kids who are artists, agents, and circus artists? Anyway, I'm the agent "kid" and I'm freaked out that I might be seasick for the entire cruise. I can't even sit in the backseat of a car. Or walk and text message at the same time. I get too woozy. Any advice?

soleilmagie
08-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Welcome Supercalidisgirl! party: :welcome: party:

I don't know if we will be able to join you at night since we have little ones, but it is nice to know there will be DIS members out there if one of us goes out at night while the others watches the kids.

Our group is getting bigger and bigger... Should we start talking about a DIS meet? :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2:

NYAna
08-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Ha...lilofan must be my dad. I just realized it...I didn't know his username. How many other people have 3 kids who are artists, agents, and circus artists? Anyway, I'm the agent "kid" and I'm freaked out that I might be seasick for the entire cruise. I can't even sit in the backseat of a car. Or walk and text message at the same time. I get too woozy. Any advice? Yes... very talented kids! Ha ha - I said that in an earlier post to your dad.

Don't worry too much. I thought I was going to feel woozy on my first cruise too but much to my delight I wasn't. I too get sick if I sit in the backseat of a car for a while.:sick: And don't even think about reading in a car!.. I would get sick in a second! Yuck! I usually have to drive :drive: or sit in the passenger seat.:car: But anyway, talk to your doctor and see if he/she recommends something for you if you really think you'll feel bad. My sister always has to get a Rx from doctor for movement and small spaces... her trip on very small planes is a nightmare unless she has meds. :scared: :sick: :crowded: I feel for her. :worried:

NYAna
08-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Our group is getting bigger and bigger... Should we start talking about a DIS meet? Great idea! :thumbsup2 This would be my first DIS meet... so what would we do? When? How long?

supercalidisgirl
08-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the seasick tips...this is my first cruise. My lilofan parents have been with DCL two or three times. I think my dad is considering renewing vows this time 'round. Where do you live in NY? I hail from Astoria, Queens. (Well, not really...I just lived there for awhile and ate alot of greek food.)

NYAna
08-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the seasick tips...this is my first cruise. My lilofan parents have been with DCL two or three times. I think my dad is considering renewing vows this time 'round. Where do you live in NY? I hail from Astoria, Queens. (Well, not really...I just lived there for awhile and ate alot of greek food.)I live in Manhattan. Born and raised here but lived in Miami for about 7 years. My mother and my step-dad live in Miami along with all my close friends. I travel to Miami a few times a year.

I know what you mean about the Greek food in Queens... Yummy!

supercalidisgirl
08-30-2006, 03:52 PM
I missed Disney when I was in NY. Even though it sort of took over Broadway for awhile. Now I'm back in CA with my regular annual pass, sponsored every year by lilofan. :woohoo:

NYAna
08-30-2006, 05:01 PM
I missed Disney when I was in NY. Even though it sort of took over Broadway for awhile. Now I'm back in CA with my regular annual pass, sponsored every year by lilofan. :woohoo:I know how you feel. I was going through withdrawal when I moved back to NY. I was only 3 1/5 hours from Disney World and would just pick up and go whenever we wanted. It was great!

The_Marchands
08-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Welcome all, glad your with us

supercalidisgirl, how old are you and your siblings?

The_Marchands
08-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi !

Thank you !

We have dd16, dd6, ds8 with myself and dw

supercalidisgirl
08-30-2006, 09:06 PM
We're all adults...26, 28, and 30. Kids at heart. And I think we each might be bringing a friend. Should be a fun group! A dorky group anyway...

I've been checking out the islands on the internet all day. Instead of working. I'm trying to decide what type of excursions to do so I can book ahead. Also spa services...trying to decide if I should book on board or at CC. I'm thinking on board. Any advice?

Sounds like you guys will have your hands full with the kiddos. Although I hear adults can still relax while the kids are out playing. Is that true?

NYAna
08-30-2006, 09:40 PM
I've been checking out the islands on the internet all day. Instead of working. I'm trying to decide what type of excursions to do so I can book ahead. Also spa services...trying to decide if I should book on board or at CC. I'm thinking on board. Any advice? I've been really thinking about getting certified in Scuba Diving before the cruise. I hope to go on a scuba diving excursion. My younger sister and friend are certified and they love it. I'm trying to convince my husband to do it with me. I think it will be a lot of fun.

supercalidisgirl
08-31-2006, 04:11 PM
My boss is certified and he's totally addicted to diving. You might as well do it, if you can. I mean you're already booked to be at some of the finest waters in the world. Might as well get certified beforehand and get some diving in when you're there! Maybe you can find some good off-season pricing in NY during the fall months. Haha...I just said good pricing in NY...not likely, I guess.

bschiffler
08-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Hello everyone! Okay...I am a travel agent....I should know this!!! Unfortuantly I am a stay at home mom first and run a little buisness out of my home for the travel benefits.

But....where should we stay for 2 nights post cruise. We want to go to MGM and Magic Kingdom and be close to both. Don't want to spend a fortune since it is only 2 nights...any suggestions?

supercalidisgirl
09-01-2006, 01:17 PM
:cheer2:

My dad knows EVERYTHING about WDW. I'll be visiting him this weekend and I'll have him post a reply to you tomorrow. Check back! His username is lilofan. :smooth:

NYAna
09-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Hello everyone! Okay...I am a travel agent....I should know this!!! Unfortuantly I am a stay at home mom first and run a little buisness out of my home for the travel benefits.

But....where should we stay for 2 nights post cruise. We want to go to MGM and Magic Kingdom and be close to both. Don't want to spend a fortune since it is only 2 nights...any suggestions?Will you be on the cruise with us?

The_Marchands
09-04-2006, 02:15 PM
I've been really thinking about getting certified in Scuba Diving before the cruise. I hope to go on a scuba diving excursion. My younger sister and friend are certified and they love it. I'm trying to convince my husband to do it with me. I think it will be a lot of fun.

At last, some fellow scuba divers, :banana: or scuba divers to be.
I am AOW certified, I got certified in May of this year in preparation for this cruise.

Well I fell in love with the sport and have logged 49 dives this year so far.

I will be scuba diving once at each port.

The rest of my family doesn't dive so they will be doing some snorkling, so I will be on my own for the dives and was hoping to meet some other divers here.

As for the certification, I would get certified where you live before you cruise. It would be a much better experiance than trying to do what they call a "discover scuba" course during an excursion. The discover scuba is basically the first class of the open water course and they don't really show you too much and you might not enjoy the dive as much.
If you took the course where you live and get a couple of dives in, when you get in the water on the cruise you will be comfortable and feel right at home.

I hope you and your husband do it, its a lot of fun....

tinkerbellmom1
09-04-2006, 07:50 PM
:tink: Hello all!

We are on the 1/6/2007 Eastern Cruise, too! Myself, DH, and DS's 13 and 14 when we cruise! It's our second Disney cruise and we can't wait! :tink: We'll be flying in on the 1st for our first DVC stay at Saratoga Springs Resort for 5 days, then on the cruise with all of you! We're coming from cold and snowy Reno/Tahoe so we'll be stashing our cold gear for our beach wear :woohoo: !

We are 2 weeks and 5 days away from booking our excursions! I think we're doing the dolphins in St. Maarten, then the doubloon snorkel excursion in St. Thomas, then the Extreme Getaway day at CC.

What are you and your families doing? Have you had any excursion reports or feedback from other travelers? Have you ever done Palo? We didn't try it our first cruise, but I am tempted.

Less than 120 days! Woo Hoo!!

The_Marchands
09-05-2006, 06:56 AM
Welcome

We are still undecided about our excursions, I know I am doing some scuba diving, DW, DD16, DS8, and DD7 are deciding between snorkling or a beach trip of some sort.
There are quite a few excursion reports around the forum here.

NYAna
09-05-2006, 09:24 AM
:tink: Hello all!

We are on the 1/6/2007 Eastern Cruise, too! Myself, DH, and DS's 13 and 14 when we cruise! It's our second Disney cruise and we can't wait! :tink: We'll be flying in on the 1st for our first DVC stay at Saratoga Springs Resort for 5 days, then on the cruise with all of you! We're coming from cold and snowy Reno/Tahoe so we'll be stashing our cold gear for our beach wear :woohoo: !

We are 2 weeks and 5 days away from booking our excursions! I think we're doing the dolphins in St. Maarten, then the doubloon snorkel excursion in St. Thomas, then the Extreme Getaway day at CC.

What are you and your families doing? Have you had any excursion reports or feedback from other travelers? Have you ever done Palo? We didn't try it our first cruise, but I am tempted.

Less than 120 days! Woo Hoo!! :yay: Welcome tinkerbellmom1!:yay: Great to have you with us. That is wonderful that you'll be staying at Saratoga Springs for 5 days prior to the cruise. Oooooh... the envy. :) We might go to Magic Kingdom for a night or two after the cruise. Haven't decided yet. However, I am really hoping to get certified in Scuba Diving before the cruise. I'll let you know how that goes.

Well, welcome! :wave2:

SurfnTurf
09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Checking back in now that the summer has flown by...Hi everyone! :yay:

We just got excursion info docs from DCL and are busily scanning them for family friendly excursions--this is all so exciting!

NYAna--we spent some time in NYC over the summer--loved the Natural History Museum and my ds loved Nintendo World ;)

Soleilmagie--My 4.5 yo dd would love to meet your ds--she just started Pre-Kindergarten this fall and has a French boy in her class--I will see if he can teach her a few words and phrases to converse with your little one.

AKA Maleficent--Love your screen name, and so sorry to read of your recent loss.

CaptainJack--you are not the only 40+ one in the group--dh will be 42 when we sail, and I'm 41 ;)

Lilofan--I'd love to hear about your Jan cruising experiences--I am wondering if the water will be too cold for some of the excursions we are thinking about.

Anyone I missed---glad to "meet" you--we are looking forward to our first cruise (dh, 9 yo ds, 4.5 yo dd, and lil' ole me ;)

supercalidisgirl
09-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Hooray! Another westcoaster! Welcome aboard. Hey, my uncle lives in Carson City...I'll be up there in October to see him. Also, generations of my family have been vacationing at Lake Topaz for something like 50 years. I was just up there in August. Woohoo! :wave:

soleilmagie
09-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Welcome Tinkerbellmom1! :welcome: :welcome:

We also received our planning kit. Looks like we really have to plan now... :rolleyes1

We are still thinking about doing Coral World / Coki beach / Paradise Point on our own in St.Thomas and not knowing what to do about St.Martin. We are thinking about doing a sightseeing-type excursion. I looked out the reviews, but didn't find any really helpful.

As for pre-cruise plans, we should be booking our WDW stay this week.

Did anyone count how many DIS members will be on the cruise? :confused3 Maybe we should make a list of some sort...

soleilmagie
09-05-2006, 09:38 PM
When I posted my reply, I saw my counter and realized that tomorrow, there will be only 4 months left before our cruise!!!

party: :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :woohoo: :yay: :hyper: :rockband: party:

soleilmagie
09-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I added a list of who's coming on page 1. I hope I didn't forget anyone! pixiedust:

The_Marchands
09-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Awesome Job Soleimagie

I also added a link in my signature to this cruise meet forum, so when I post other area's in the disney forum some of our fellow cruisers that haven't been here yet might see it.

NYAna
09-06-2006, 01:31 PM
We also received our planning kit. Looks like we really have to plan now...Soleilmagie, When did you receive the planning kit. I haven't received anything at all. :confused3 :sad1: :sad:

NYAna
09-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Who's coming...

kris1973 (Kristin), DH, DD11, DD9
Soleilmagie (Stephanie), DBF, DS4 1/2, DD 2 1/2
NYAna (Ana) DH, one adult friend, 11yo girl, almost 2 boy
blues4, DH, DS8, DD 5 1/2
luv2cruzus, DH, DN25
The_Marchands (Brian), DW, DS8, DD17, DD7
akamaleficent, DH
lilofan, DW, three adult children DS30, DD28, DS26
SurfnTurf, DH, DS9, DD 4 1/2
CaptainJack, DW,DDs (twins)12
Bikinietmartini boy 9, girl 13, girl 14
supercalidisgirl (lilofan's DD)
tinkerbellmom1, DH, DS13, DS14

I hope I didn't forget anyone... Soleilmagie! Great work! Thanks! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

soleilmagie
09-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Soleilmagie, When did you receive the planning kit. I haven't received anything at all. :confused3 :sad1: :sad:

I went to the mailbox on Monday, but it was Labor Day, so I must have received it at the end of last week. Did you book with a travel agent or with DCL? We used DCL, maybe that made a difference. That or the fact that we live in Canada. I read somewhere on the boards that they sent out docs sooner outside the US. :confused3

lilofan
09-06-2006, 08:05 PM
:tinker:
Hi Tinkerbellmom
Welcome aboard. Just to answer one of your questions, about Palo. We love it and would never miss it. Be sure to make reservations for BRUNCH on one of the available days as many consider it the best meal served on the Magic. We will do both dinner and brunch.

Surfn Turf--Our cruises in January the water has been fine. However, we live
in Huntington Beach and most Floridians and Caribbeaners (is this a word?) would consider our water cold. As with most things, it depends on your perspective. It is certainly was warmer than anything we get here in "Surf City, USA." :
:MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

soleilmagie
09-06-2006, 09:19 PM
We made our reservations for WDW! We will be staying at the ASMusic, the only All-Star we hadn't been to yet. We will stay there from January 1-6, then come back on the 13th for one night. :rockband:

We got the CAA/AAA rate on a standard room for the first part, and the CAA/AAA rate on a preferred room for the last day. Seems like there were no standard rooms left with the CAA/AAA rate in any All-Star on that day. :confused3 But it is still cheaper than the regular price!

Now what do we have plan next... rental car, excursions, Palo... :rolleyes1

cruisingsoon123
09-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the DIS. We're taking our first Disney cruise w/our 1 year old baby girl on 1/6/07. We're not sure what excursions to do in St. Martin and St. Thomas. There don't seem to be too many beach choices on the disney website. Do you know if there are more choices once you get onboard? We've cruised with Royal Caribbean and NCL in the past and there seem to be a lot more excursions on those ships. I'm thinking Disney doesn't post all the excursions.. is that right?

supercalidisgirl
09-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Lilofan, did you ever reply to bschiffler regarding good deals at WDW resort post cruise?

soleilmagie
09-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the DIS. We're taking our first Disney cruise w/our 1 year old baby girl on 1/6/07. We're not sure what excursions to do in St. Martin and St. Thomas. There don't seem to be too many beach choices on the disney website. Do you know if there are more choices once you get onboard? We've cruised with Royal Caribbean and NCL in the past and there seem to be a lot more excursions on those ships. I'm thinking Disney doesn't post all the excursions.. is that right?

Welcome again cruisingsoon123!

I don't think there are more excursion choices onboard, since you can book online before you cruise... but you still can go on your own.

I also added your family to the list on page 1, but I could't tell if you were a :earsboy: or a :earsgirl: so I wrote cruisingsoon123 and spouse... :confused3

The_Marchands
09-08-2006, 08:12 AM

I found this elsewhere in the forum for a beach choice in St Thomas

I was just going through my pictures from our Eastern cruise. We were on the Magic last week. We went to Magen's Bay on St. Thomas. It was gorgeous, I highly recommend it. On the way the bus driver stopped on the hill above it and let everyone take pictures from the top of the hill above the beach. There are no waves, so the lounge chairs are inches from the water and the water stays shallow long enough for little ones to play. Food isn't included in the shore excursion, but there's a snack bar with pizza and burgers. We spent about $20 on food for three people.

If you're looking for a beach, Magen's Bay is the place.

Also, If you get the latest Passporter, it has all the excursions and some helpfull tips, I will have to check to see if there are more than whats listed in the excursion list for the port!!

lilofan
09-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Supercal (etc)
Yes, Angel Princess, I did.
:mickeyjum

CaptainJack
09-10-2006, 01:48 PM
We just got back from the cruise yesterday and are going again on the January 6, 2007 cruise with all of you. The cruise was great and the whole family enjoyed themselves. Here are our list of must do's on the cruise:

1. Anyone with kids between the ages of 10 and 15 need to definitely check out the Ocean Quest lab on Deck 2. My girls (age 12) practically lived either there or at the Oceaneer Lab. (Quest is THE Best chill out place for 10-14--according to my DD).

2. Anyone with children need to make sure that they participate in the Disney Sea University finale on Thursday at 5 pm. The kids are on stage with Mickey and Minnie. And, DCL gives each kid a graduation hat with Mickey ears and t-shirt that the child gets to keep. My girls took a sharpie and had the counselors and other kids autograph their shirts.

3. If you want to see the island at St. Thomas, go on the island tour.

4. All guys should at least take a coat and tie for formal night, whicch is on Sunday evening. I took a suit and was glad I did. We got some great pictures from that night (especially the one with the Captain of ths Ship).

5. We did not take anything to dress up in on pirate night (which is Tuesday night) and I regret that we did not. Next time we defintiely are. In fact, I know that Wal-Mart is selling a pirate eye patch and fake earing now for Halloween for one dollar. Much, much cheaper than on the ship.

6. Pictures with Captain Jack on the ship. Captain Jack was only available 2 times for pictures on the ship--Tuesday night. Definitely go and get pictures with him and make sure you get there early. (He acts EXACTLY like the Captain Jack in the movie).

7. Complete your registration documents online. It made checking in at the Port so much easier and faster.

8. Anyone who is not already a Disney Vacation Club member and is contemplating on becoming one, wait, if you can, until the cruise. They appeared to be running a really good deal on the ship.

9. At Castaway Cay definitely eat breakfast at Topsiders. You get a great view of the Flying Dutchman from up there.

10. Meeting the first day of the cruise--We had one at Promenade at 2:30 pm on the first day of the cruise which was great. I then could names and faces together for the remainder of the cruise.

11. If your children at the same age as mine (11-12) take Walkie-talkie radios for eveyone in the family--DH, DW, and kids. We did not and needed them to keep track of where everyone was. (And, make sure you take plenty of batteries--the batteries on board were VERY expensive).

12. Before the cruise, go and buy Airborne at the local drugstore and take it every day of the cruise. I did not run into anyone that seemed to have a cold. Yet, I came home with one. And, both my DD and the woman at the next table at breakfast on Saturday were both sniffling.

13. If you like Chocolate, plan on going to the midnight dessert buffet which was on Thursday night.

14. If you would like something autographed (picture, pillow case, mouse pad, etc) by the characters. Drop it off at Guest Services early in the week and they will assure that it gets autographed. (One of the little girls that figure skate with my DDs wanted an autographed picture of Minnie Mouse. So I downloaded one from the internet, printed it on photo paper, and we had that autographed).

15. Definitely take rain ponchos-the ones that cost about a dollar or two at Wal-Mart and take with you when you leave the ship. It rained at some point in St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay. The small ponchos are easy to carry and can be discarded when you are done with them.

16. For families with smaill children, purchase an autograph book and pen at Wal-Mart before you get the cruise terminal as it is much cheaper than at the terminal or on the ship.

17. Disposable cameras--take them and let your kids use them. We took disposable cameras for the girls that they could take with them and use to take pictures of their friends. Write their names and cabin number on them and if they lose them they will undoubtedly get turned into Guest Services and make their way back to the cabin.

18. Make a door poster for your cabin door. It made it very easy to know which door was ours. And, the girls thought it was very cool because our signs were pictures from Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

soleilmagie
09-11-2006, 08:15 PM
10. Meeting the first day of the cruise--We had one at Promenade at 2:30 pm on the first day of the cruise which was great. I then could names and faces together for the remainder of the cruise.

Do you think we should hold our own meet there? pirate:

CaptainJack
09-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Do you think we should hold our own meet there? pirate:

I think so. There was virtually no one other than our group there at the time. And, the locatio is central for everyone.

lilofan
09-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Great Post Captain Jack. I agree with everything you say. We loved dressing up for Pirate Night and looking nice on formal. Looking forward to meeting DIS people on this cruise.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

NYAna
09-11-2006, 10:23 PM
That was great info Captain Jack! Thanks so much. Sounds like you planned everything very well.

So is everyone already paid up? October 18 is getting really close. One last payment and we are ready to go! :banana:

akamaleficent
09-12-2006, 08:18 PM
captian jack - so glad you had fun on the recent trip. was traveling difficult due to recent security increases?

glad to hear from all these new people, what fun!!

as far as excursions and beaches go, i have heard that it is better to find your own way to the beaches by cab or water taxi, it takes less time than traveling with a large excursion group. my family went to trunk bay that way and we had a great time. of course my sister, the ultimate disney planner, knew exactly what to do. i am leaning towards not as much time and not having to do any thinking of my own on a honeymoon.
i think a meet during embarktion would be great, any one up for one on pirate night to see each other's costumes? captain jack would know if that's even feasible..... there may be too much going on that night.

dessert buffet is a must, drink some coffee so you can stay up, i remember being really tired that night, but worth it all the same.

i will pay off our cruise soon, by paid off, i mean half may still be on the credit card but according to dcl it's paid off, and am looking forward to making ressies

we are thinking about asking for some of the excursions, spa stuff etc as wedding gifts. any ideas on how others can get ship board credit for you?

CaptainJack
09-12-2006, 08:33 PM
captian jack - so glad you had fun on the recent trip. was traveling difficult due to recent security increases?

as far as excursions and beaches go, i have heard that it is better to find your own way to the beaches by cab or water taxi, it takes less time than traveling with a large excursion group. my family went to trunk bay that way and we had a great time. of course my sister, the ultimate disney planner, knew exactly what to do. i am leaning towards not as much time and not having to do any thinking of my own on a honeymoon.
i think a meet during embarktion would be great, any one up for one on pirate night to see each other's costumes? captain jack would know if that's even feasible..... there may be too much going on that night.

dessert buffet is a must, drink some coffee so you can stay up, i remember being really tired that night, but worth it all the same.

i will pay off our cruise soon, by paid off, i mean half may still be on the credit card but according to dcl it's paid off, and am looking forward to making ressies

we are thinking about asking for some of the excursions, spa stuff etc as wedding gifts. any ideas on how others can get ship board credit for you?

I do not believe that there is any way for persons to purchase a credit on the ship for you, BUT they can purchase Disney Dollars at any Disney Store, which can be used on the ship.

soleilmagie
09-12-2006, 09:29 PM

A Pirate meet is a great idea! Perhaps we could even have a group picture taken, I remember seeing one on the Picture of the day thread. I don't know how to arrange it however.... but if someone knows, it will be someone from the DIS! pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate:

For your wedding gifts, others just have to fill in this form: http://adisneycruise.disney.go.com/media/dcl_v0202/en_US/media/myCruise/GiftOrderForm.pdf
The address and phone number are written on the form, fax number is (407) 938-4288. :bride: :groom:

soleilmagie
09-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I think so. There was virtually no one other than our group there at the time. And, the locatio is central for everyone.

Should we make this official?

DIS Meet : January 6, 2007, Promenade Lounge (deck 3), 2.30pm :wizard:

tinkerbellmom1
09-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I do not believe that there is any way for persons to purchase a credit on the ship for you, BUT they can purchase Disney Dollars at any Disney Store, which can be used on the ship.

I would call DCL directly and ask what their policy is on giving a gift of an onboard credit. We're on your cruise, and it is our second one. Both cruises we have sent ourselves and our kids onboard credits from our dogs to help with souvenirs and fun. Disney adds any amount to your onboard account and leaves a card in your stateroom saying who the present was from.

You may need to give people your resie #, but go for it! The Disney Dollar thing will work, too! Probably easier, but I love the little cards from DCL.

Happy Upcoming Honeymoon! See you then! :tinker:

NYAna
09-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Should we make this official?

DIS Meet : January 6, 2007, Promenade Lounge (deck 3), 2.30pm :wizard:Soleilmagie, Do you know what time boarding is? Do you think that everyone will be settled in their staterooms by 2:30pm? If so, then great. I think that time will be good.

The only thing I am worried about is that I am the only one of my group that is a DIS member.... so, should I have those traveling with me come along to the group meet? I would like to meet anyone traveling with you all. :grouphug:

akamaleficent
09-13-2006, 01:39 PM
2:30 promenade it is! unless we hear itherwise of course

i say bring the clan, they are friends and family of a DISer so they are definitley worth meeting. besides we'll know all about them by then anyway right?

thanks for the gift info!!!!

CaptainJack
09-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Soleilmagie, Do you know what time boarding is? Do you think that everyone will be settled in their staterooms by 2:30pm? If so, then great. I think that time will be good.

The only thing I am worried about is that I am the only one of my group that is a DIS member.... so, should I have those traveling with me come along to the group meet? I would like to meet anyone traveling with you all. :grouphug:

Although the official boarding time is after noon, we were on the September 2, 2006 cruise and they started boarding Group Numbers 2 and 3 at about 11:30 pm and the remaining groups boarded quickly after that. 2:30 p.m. seemed a good time because you cannot get to your cabin until 1:30 and the life boat drill is around 4. So, we got on, had time to eat lunch, got to our cabin, and had plenty of time to get there by 2:30. Plus, having it later would probably start interfering with some dinners and kids who want to go the clubs. I know as soon as Ocean Quest is available, my daughters will down there and there will be no dragging them out for the meeting.

As to the photo, I think it a great idea. We discussed this for the last meeting, but it kind of fell apart and no one took a picture. If anyone is interested in the group pic, let me know and I will see what I can do to set it up.

One thing the last group did was set up a virtual cruise album and people could submit pictures of themselves before the cruise that were posted there. In that way, we could put names and faces together to some extent before the cruise started. If anyone is interested in that, I would be willing to set up the virtual cruise album for this purpose.

NYAna
09-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Although the official boarding time is after noon, we were on the September 2, 2006 cruise and they started boarding Group Numbers 2 and 3 at about 11:30 pm and the remaining groups boarded quickly after that. 2:30 p.m. seemed a good time because you cannot get to your cabin until 1:30 and the life boat drill is around 4. So, we got on, had time to eat lunch, got to our cabin, and had plenty of time to get there by 2:30. Plus, having it later would probably start interfering with some dinners and kids who want to go the clubs. I know as soon as Ocean Quest is available, my daughters will down there and there will be no dragging them out for the meeting.

As to the photo, I think it a great idea. We discussed this for the last meeting, but it kind of fell apart and no one took a picture. If anyone is interested in the group pic, let me know and I will see what I can do to set it up.

One thing the last group did was set up a virtual cruise album and people could submit pictures of themselves before the cruise that were posted there. In that way, we could put names and faces together to some extent before the cruise started. If anyone is interested in that, I would be willing to set up the virtual cruise album for this purpose.CaptainJack, So 2:30pm it is. Great.

The group photo is a great idea. I really think we should do it and I bet it will be fun. So... I'm in.

As for the virtual cruise album... I think it's a great idea too! Could you please set that up. Thanks!! :thanks:

soleilmagie
09-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Another vote for the virtual cruise album idea! ::yes::

The_Marchands
09-14-2006, 06:44 AM
sounds great too me!

soleilmagie
09-14-2006, 05:30 PM
As anyone else booked GTY? I know cabin assignments won't come before december, but I am finding it harder and harder to wait! :guilty:

NYAna
09-14-2006, 11:06 PM
As anyone else booked GTY? I know cabin assignments won't come before december, but I am finding it harder and harder to wait! :guilty:What category GTY did you get? I thought you can choose the category level you wanted for GTY.

CaptainJack
09-15-2006, 04:39 PM
What category GTY did you get? I thought you can choose the category level you wanted for GTY.

You do choose the stateroom level for a GTY and you are guaranteed not to get anything below that level, but Disney can assign you a stateroom above that level, which Disney does about one month before the sail date. A word to the wise, if you call DCL about this before that, the DCL rep may assign you to a cabin in your GTY category and the opportunity to be bumped up to a higher category by DCL evaporates.

soleilmagie
09-15-2006, 08:58 PM
If we had a lower category than what we book, we would be with the CMs! We booked a cat.12 GTY. And we will a least have a cat.11 since we are four (we booked in october). :teeth:

soleilmagie
09-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Someone started a thread on the main cruise board will all the links for the January cruise meet threads. I hope this will bring more people over here...

Today the kids said they wanted to be dressed as pirates for Halloween. If they don't change their minds, this means they will be all ready for Pirate night! pirate: pirate: DS was all excited to learn there would be a Pirate party on the Mickey boat with Captain Hook and Mr Smee! He doesn't really remember Pirate night from our last cruise since all he saw was the supper, and I don't recall seeing anyone dressed up there. And he was fast asleep by the time the party started. He was 2 1/2 then.

NYAna
09-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Do any of you know if Disney ever has any Florida Resident specials during the month of January? :confused3

CaptainJack
09-16-2006, 11:08 AM
I have started the photo album for our cruise. It is located at

Virtual Cruise Album (http://public.fotki.com/captainjack4376/january_2_2007_virt/)

If the link does not work, cut and past the following as the address:

http://public.fotki.com/captainjack4376/january_2_2007_virt/

I anticipate adding pics from our September 2, 2006 Eastern Caribbean Cruise this weekend.

NYAna
09-16-2006, 06:47 PM
I have started the photo album for our cruise. It is located at

Virtual Cruise Album (http://public.fotki.com/captainjack4376/january_2_2007_virt/)

If the link does not work, cut and past the following as the address:

http://public.fotki.com/captainjack4376/january_2_2007_virt/Hi CaptainJack,

Thanks for setting this up for us. Is there any reason why it says January 2, 2007 instead of January 6, 2007? :confused3

Thanks!

soleilmagie
09-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Do any of you know if Disney ever has any Florida Resident specials during the month of January? :confused3

Have you checked MouseSavers.com? I remember seeing an historic of the discounts for WDW on this site. Perhaps there is one for DCL? :surfweb:

CaptainJack
09-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Hi CaptainJack,

Thanks for setting this up for us. Is there any reason why it says January 2, 2007 instead of January 6, 2007? :confused3

Thanks!

My mistake. Guess I mixed it up with the cruise I just got off which left September 2. Thanks, I will correct it and correct the URL in a new posting to the thread.

NYAna
09-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Have you checked MouseSavers.com? I remember seeing an historic of the discounts for WDW on this site. Perhaps there is one for DCL? :surfweb:Thanks Soleilmagie. I checked and there aren't any specials for our cruise...yet (well, at least I hope they will have one). Thanks for telling me about mousesavers.com. :thumbsup2

CaptainJack
09-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Anyone wanting to buy Disney clothes for the cruise should check out the online Disney Outlet Store. Typing the URL www.disneyoutlet.com will get you there. I just got a bunch of shirts and shorts from there. The Mickey Polo shirts I just got were less than $10 each. If you order, use the following Discount Code MINNIE10. I got it with my order, it should give you another 10% off of most of your items.

CaptainJack
09-16-2006, 08:35 PM
I have corrected the name of the album, but left the URL the same. Anyone who would like to send me photos to add to the album, send them to me at lpostic@mindspring.com.

Thanks

Lionel

NYAna
09-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Anyone wanting to buy Disney clothes for the cruise should check out the online Disney Outlet Store. Typing the URL www.disneyoutlet.com will get you there. I just got a bunch of shirts and shorts from there. The Mickey Polo shirts I just got were less than $10 each. If you order, use the following Discount Code MINNIE10. I got it with my order, it should give you another 10% off of most of your items.Thanks! I entered the MINNIE10 code and only got the 10% off on one item. So I looked for another code online. I entered it and got 20% off for everything. So, enter familyfun20 and you will get 20% off on all items storewide. Enjoy! :rotfl:

CaptainJack
09-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks. I am adding pics to the virtual cruise album today. Hopefully, I will start getting pics from everyone going with us to post.

NYAna
09-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks. I am adding pics to the virtual cruise album today. Hopefully, I will start getting pics from everyone going with us to post.CaptainJack, What kind of pics do you want? Pictures that only have to do with the cruise?... cruises we took in the past? Or pictures of us and our friends and family coming along on the cruise. Let us know. This will be really nice. Thanks again!

CaptainJack
09-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Unless someone has an objection, my plan was to post pictures of the persons going with first names so we can all start putting names and faces together before the cruise. If you would like any other pictures other than of yourselves posted, feel free to send them. I have a limited number of pictures of the ship and first time cruisers may enjoy seeing pics of the ship before they get there.

CaptainJack
09-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Ana, thanks for the photo. You are the first to be added to the album.

I have updated my signature to include a link to the Album. Anyone who wants to be included, send me the picture that you want included to my email, which is lpostic@mindspring.com. I need your Disboard name in the email so I make sure I list it. If you want any of the following information included, please email it to me. The first names of the persons in the picture and what deck you are representing.

My girls' pics are already posted in the album. (In case anyone has a DD around their age, which is 12, who will be new to the ship, I am sure that the girls would be happy to show your DD around the ship. They now know every portion of the ship).

I am working on scanning our formal night pics from this last cruise to post the pictures of our entire family.

Thanks all

Lionel

NYAna
09-17-2006, 08:41 PM
(In case anyone has a DD around their age, which is 12, who will be new to the ship, I am sure that the girls would be happy to show your DD around the ship. They now know every portion of the ship).Although she is not my DD, Maryanne (age 11) will be traveling with us. I hope they can get together and have fun. This would be her first time on a Disney cruise so I bet hanging out with your DD's (professionals) would be fun.

CaptainJack
09-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Is there anyone else out there going on this cruise other than Ana and me?

The_Marchands
09-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Yes sir
We are with ya :)

CaptainJack
09-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Yes sir
We are with ya :)

Where do you live in Ontario? We are originally from Detroit. My MIL was raised in Windsor and my wife still have family in Windsor.

The_Marchands
09-18-2006, 01:56 PM
We are from Chatham, about 45 minutes away from Windsor. My Wife's family is also from Windsor

akamaleficent
09-18-2006, 05:46 PM
we are in the full swing of things with school at my house. going back to school at age 30 is an interesting experience. i care a whole lot more, have a house i own to take care of, not a dorm room or rented run down house and a job with actual responsibilities and 40 hrs a week,as opposed to stocking shelves at target a couple of mornings.

i am loving it though, just having a hard time budgeting my time. staying up until 4am isn't as easy as it used to be....

DF is doing the same thing so we are trying to stay oraganized and think about the cruise whenever the stress gets us down.

captain jack, thanks so much for the album, i will try to send you a pic soon, because i'm know the one in my signature isn't enough.....

CaptainJack
09-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Although she is not my DD, Maryanne (age 11) will be traveling with us. I hope they can get together and have fun. This would be her first time on a Disney cruise so I bet hanging out with your DD's (professionals) would be fun.

Ana,

I talked to the girls last night. They would be happy to give Maryanne the grand tour of the ship and help her find where everything is. And, more than likely some of the counselors at the Lab and at Quest that the girls got to know on this last cruise will still be there on our cruise in January.

Lionel

NYAna
09-18-2006, 06:31 PM
we are in the full swing of things with school at my house. going back to school at age 30 is an interesting experience. i care a whole lot more, have a house i own to take care of, not a dorm room or rented run down house and a job with actual responsibilities and 40 hrs a week,as opposed to stocking shelves at target a couple of mornings.

i am loving it though, just having a hard time budgeting my time. staying up until 4am isn't as easy as it used to be....

DF is doing the same thing so we are trying to stay oraganized and think about the cruise whenever the stress gets us down.

captain jack, thanks so much for the album, i will try to send you a pic soon, because i'm know the one in my signature isn't enough.....

Hi akamaleficent,

I know what you are going through right now with school and your life. I am 31 and have returned to school to become a nurse. I am working full time and attend class two nights a week and on Saturdays from 7a to 4p. Although I do not have children... yet... taking care of my home and married life along with school is not easy. So I know how hard it is right now for you both. Just remember that all your hard work will pay off. I remember all the great and crazy times before my wedding and I know this must be an exciting time for you. Enjoy it! The wedding will be great. All your planning will result in a beautiful day. Plus you will have a fabulous Disney Cruise Honeymoon!

By the way, I love your wedding website. It was really nice reading about you and your DF... and families.

I can't wait until you add pictures.

NYAna
09-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Ana,

I talked to the girls last night. They would be happy to give Maryanne the grand tour of the ship and help her find where everything is. And, more than likely some of the counselors at the Lab and at Quest that the girls got to know on this last cruise will still be there on our cruise in January.

LionelLionel, That sounds great. I will talk to Maryanne and tell her that I've already set up some friends that she can hang out with.

CaptainJack
09-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Time to bump this up to the top in case anyone is looking for us. :surfweb: :badpc:

NYAna
09-20-2006, 07:33 PM
I am worried about Soleilmagie. She hasn't posted since Sept 16. Soleilmagie! Where are you??? :confused3

CaptainJack
09-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Everyone must be really busy because there is virtually no possing and only Ana has gotten me her picture.

soleilmagie
09-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Don't worry Ana, I'm still there! :wave2: I kept reading all along.

I just sent pictures to CaptainJack so you should be able to see our little family very soon! :earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: princess:

NYAna
09-20-2006, 10:21 PM

I just sent pictures to CaptainJack so you should be able to see our little family very soon! :earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: princess: :yay: Good to hear you are okay. Was getting a bit worried.

Hey, do you know the date in which we can start setting up our excursions on line?

NYAna
09-20-2006, 10:33 PM
CaptainJack,

I just read your thread on the ants you found in your car when you got back to the port! How horrible! :scared1: :eek: :crazy2: I would lose it if I had to get in a car full of ants. Glad you were able to get them out.

CaptainJack
09-20-2006, 10:45 PM

I just sent pictures to CaptainJack so you should be able to see our little family very soon! :earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: princess:

Thanks for the photo. I have updated the album.

Lionel

CaptainJack
09-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Arrrrgggghhhh!

soleilmagie
09-21-2006, 06:22 PM
:yay: Good to hear you are okay. Was getting a bit worried.

Hey, do you know the date in which we can start setting up our excursions on line?

As Castaway Club members, we can start booking excursions, spa and Palo ont October 8, if our final payment has been made. (The date was is the package I mentioned the other day. You still didn't get it?) So we have a little more than two weeks to go. :hourglass Have you decided what you are going to do?

CaptainJack
09-21-2006, 07:30 PM
As little as possible.

NYAna
09-21-2006, 10:53 PM
As Castaway Club members, we can start booking excursions, spa and Palo ont October 8, if our final payment has been made. (The date was is the package I mentioned the other day. You still didn't get it?) So we have a little more than two weeks to go. :hourglass Have you decided what you are going to do?I called my travel agent and asked her about that package you mentioned and she said that she sent it to me when I booked back in January 2006. She said that she sent me everything Disney has sent to her for distribution. Now I need to look all over my house to find it. I remember receiving a little booklet with smaller booklets within it that can be removed. Is that what you speak of?

On another note.... October 8th is getting really close and we haven't decided on what we want to do just yet. Do you know if I book excursions on line will I need to pay for them now or on the ship?

I had planned on taking scuba diving lessons before the cruise but now that I have started nursing school I've noticed that I don't have much time for anything else. So I don't think that scuba diving will be one of our excursions this time around. We are thinking about the Butterfly Farm. :butterfly

CaptainJack
09-21-2006, 11:05 PM
St. Thomas

For anyone with children, the submarine at St. Thomas is pretty cool. We did that in 2001 and the girls loved it and still talk about it.

A couple we met on the last cruise did the island tour at St. Thomas and said it was a great way to see the island.

St. Maarten

We also went on the Catamaran and snorkeling in 2001 at St. Maarten. Also, a good excursion. A word to the wise. The ship docks on the Dutch side. The Catamaran goes over to the French side, which is announced on the catamaran. A couple of women on our excursion took that announcement as license to immediately take off the tops of their bikinis, which all the teenage boys on the excursion thought was an added plus for that excursion. popcorn::

NYAna
09-21-2006, 11:13 PM
What is going on with this thread? It's seems as though only soleilmagie and CaptainJack and I will be on this cruise. It's sad that threads for cruises that are for way later than ours (which is only a little over 3 months away) are posted on wayyyy more than this thread. HELLO HELLO HELLO.... I hear an echo.

Come on everyone. Let's get pumped about this cruise. This is our vacation... our honeymoon... our "I'm happy I finished my first semester of nursing school" vacation... etc. What will you be celebrating on this cruise? Well, although our (DH and I) 7th year wedding anniversary is in March, we will be celebrating on the cruise only because we can never get away in March. It's hard to get away in the middle of a semester and during spring break when all the college students are all over the globe partying.

Let's POST! :thumbsup2 :sunny: ;) :goodvibes :) :happytv: :rotfl2: :lmao: :banana: :Pinkbounc :love: :cheer2::grouphug::woohoo: :wave::stir: :yay::dance3: :joker: :lovestruc: :bounce: :flower3: :hyper2: :disrocks:

CaptainJack
09-21-2006, 11:16 PM
The cruise is our family's Christmas present and we will be celebrating a birthday on the cruise (on January 12)--my DW's birthday.

The_Marchands
09-22-2006, 05:49 AM
Working 18 hours a day right now---LOL----

We try an book a holiday this time of year for the family, just to get away.

My DW has her excursions picked, I will post them when I talk to her, as for me, I will be Scuba Diving at St Thomas and St Maartin. I think I am the only Scuba Diver on the ship---LOL.

TTYL

NYAna
09-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Working 18 hours a day right now---LOL---The Marchands! You are sooooo ready for a vacation NOW! Wow! I thought my days were long and crazy... but working 18 hours a day has won the prize! You must be feeling like this on your computer right now. ----> :surfweb:

soleilmagie
09-22-2006, 01:34 PM
I called my travel agent and asked her about that package you mentioned and she said that she sent it to me when I booked back in January 2006. She said that she sent me everything Disney has sent to her for distribution. Now I need to look all over my house to find it. I remember receiving a little booklet with smaller booklets within it that can be removed. Is that what you speak of?

On another note.... October 8th is getting really close and we haven't decided on what we want to do just yet. Do you know if I book excursions on line will I need to pay for them now or on the ship?

I had planned on taking scuba diving lessons before the cruise but now that I have started nursing school I've noticed that I don't have much time for anything else. So I don't think that scuba diving will be one of our excursions this time around. We are thinking about the Butterfly Farm. :butterfly

Yes there was such a booklet. And there was also a letter with the date for reservations and final payment.

As for the excursions, I did a quick search on the main board and they are charged to the stateroom account even when you book online.

We are also thinking about the Butterfly farm for St. Martin. For St.Thomas, it will be Coral World and Paradise Point. At first, we were thinking of doing them on our own, since it would cost less, but we would miss the tour part. Since both the Butterfly farm et Coral World excursions are in the morning (we would still do Paradise Point on our own), we could go back to the ship to eat lunch and then we could go to the beach on our own or stay on the ship if the kids need to take a nap.
:butterfly :fish:

NYAna
09-22-2006, 02:39 PM
As for the excursions, I did a quick search on the main board and they are charged to the stateroom account even when you book online.So do I understand this correctly???... If I book now I will have the bill ready for me to pay on day one of the cruise or do I have to pay before the cruise?

We are also thinking about the Butterfly farm for St. Martin. For St.Thomas, it will be Coral World and Paradise Point. At first, we were thinking of doing them on our own, since it would cost less, but we would miss the tour part. Since both the Butterfly farm et Coral World excursions are in the morning (we would still do Paradise Point on our own), we could go back to the ship to eat lunch and then we could go to the beach on our own or stay on the ship if the kids need to take a nap.
:butterfly :fish:That sounds like a plan. I really have to find that excursion packet to finally decide on which excursions to do.

CaptainJack
09-22-2006, 05:19 PM
No you do not need to pay either before the cruise or on the first day of the cruise if it is added to your onboard account, if you put a credit or charge card on file with Guest Services.

You provide the credit and charge card either online or at the terminal. If a credit or charge card is provided, you merely settle up your charges on the cruise, including excursions, on the last day of the cruise. (And, you never realize how much you spent until that last night, unless you check on your account periodically. I did not think we really spent that much on this last cruise and went on no excursions, but the girls did go shopping several times at Mickeys Mates, I charged unlimited computer usage, and we charged the tips. It all came up to just over $1000 when all was said and done).

Even if you provide a credit card, I think that you can put a limit on the spending and ask that Guest Services notify you once you hit the limit. If you do not leave a credit card, there is a very low limit on what you can charge to the onboard account.

Remember to put in your budget, the tips for the head server, your server, your assistant server, and your stateroom attendant. For our family, which as you are aware is 4 persons, the tips came to over about $320 for the 7 day cruise.

This is going to be a REALLY empty ship if the number of persons posting here is any indication of the number of persons on the ship.

I need pictures from
kris1973
blues4
luv2cruzsus
akamaleficent
lilofan
SurfnTurf
Bikinietmartini
supercalidisgirl
tinkerbellmom1
cruisingsoon123
bschiffler
The Marchands

If I missed someone who posted, I also need your photo for the Virtual Cruise Album (as well you lurkers :surfweb: who have not posted any messages to this thread).

Thanks

Lionel

NYAna
09-22-2006, 05:43 PM
No you do not need to pay either before the cruise or on the first day of the cruise if it is added to your onboard account, if you put a credit or charge card on file with Guest Services.

You provide the credit and charge card either online or at the terminal. If a credit or charge card is provided, you merely settle up your charges on the cruise, including excursions, on the last day of the cruise. (And, you never realize how much you spent until that last night, unless you check on your account periodically. I did not think we really spent that much on this last cruise and went on no excursions, but the girls did go shopping several times at Mickeys Mates, I charged unlimited computer usage, and we charged the tips. It all came up to just over $1000 when all was said and done).

Even if you provide a credit card, I think that you can put a limit on the spending and ask that Guest Services notify you once you hit the limit. If you do not leave a credit card, there is a very low limit on what you can charge to the onboard account.

Remember to put in your budget, the tips for the head server, your server, your assistant server, and your stateroom attendant. For our family, which as you are aware is 4 persons, the tips came to over about $320 for the 7 day cruise.Wow! $1,000? I hope DH and I don't hit that but you never know. Thanks for the info on the tips... I had forgotten to figure that into our budget. The last time DH and I were on a Disney Cruise was back in Dec 2001 for a 3 night cruise on the Wonder and tips weren't that much because of the short trip. So thanks again for the reminder.

This is going to be a REALLY empty ship if the number of persons posting here is any indication of the number of persons on the ship.

I need pictures from
kris1973
blues4
luv2cruzsus
akamaleficent
lilofan
SurfnTurf
Bikinietmartini
supercalidisgirl
tinkerbellmom1
cruisingsoon123
bschiffler
The Marchands

If I missed someone who posted, I also need your photo for the Virtual Cruise Album (as well you lurkers :surfweb: who have not posted any messages to this thread).

Thanks

LionelYeah you are not kidding. There are lurkers on this thread that do not post. I know this becasuse there has been 1769 hits/visits and only 212 post including this one. If you've visited this thread it's most likely you are booked for the same date... so don't be afraid to post. We are really a good bunch. :grouphug:

CaptainJack
09-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Where is everyone???

lilofan
09-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Hi guys
Sorry, but I, too, am swamped this time of year. Both my DW and I teach high school and its always crazy at opening plus I am a football coach and that means 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM 5 to 6 days aweek this time of year.
As for what we are celebrating, its my 60th birthday, our wedding anniversary, and its also some time off after the season. Plus, this year all the kids will be able to go at this time so it was perfect. I'm still considering the "vow renewel" idea for our anniversary.
Captain Jack, we will send some pictures real soon of our clan for the album. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment:

CaptainJack
09-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi guys
Sorry, but I, too, am swamped this time of year. Both my DW and I teach high school and its always crazy at opening plus I am a football coach and that means 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM 5 to 6 days aweek this time of year.
As for what we are celebrating, its my 60th birthday, our wedding anniversary, and its also some time off after the season. Plus, this year all the kids will be able to go at this time so it was perfect. I'm still considering the "vow renewel" idea for our anniversary.
Captain Jack, we will send some pictures real soon of our clan for the album. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment:

I understand. Before my DW started homeschooling our girls, she was an elementary principal at a private Christian school. That effectively meant that I kissed her goodbye (figuratively) at the beginning of the school year and got to spend any amount of time with her only on breaks. The first year at that school, she had no assistant principal and would be up to between 1 am and 3 am most nights trying to get stuff done. On Friday nights each week, both her and the girls were in bed by about 8:30 p.m. and I was left up by myself each and every Friday night (what fun!!!).

CaptainJack
09-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Ana

Here are the suggested tips for a 7 day cruise for the various persons on the ship:

Dining Room Server - $25.75 x number of guests
Dining Room Assistant Server - $18.75 x number of guests
Dining Room Head Server - $6.50 x number of guests
Stateroom Host/Hostess - $25.25 x number of guests

On only one occasion, we left less than this. The first cruise our stateroom host totally failed to make the room up on the first day (Sunday) of the cruise. So we left him, less than the suggested amount.

On our last cruise, everyone was GREAT and I left a bit more than the suggested amount. In fact, we had the same assistant server for the 2005 and 2006 cruises. She was so good, we are going to request her for this next cruise.

Hope this helps you in budgeting.

Lionel

CaptainJack
09-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Hello echo hellohellohello

CaptainJack
09-23-2006, 10:06 PM
:badpc:

NYAna
09-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Hello echo hellohellohelloI think that I'm going to give up on this thread. It's depressing me. :sad2:

CaptainJack
09-24-2006, 01:03 PM

I found the answer to this question on Allearsnet.com. Anyone can add to an onboard credit for you. They will need 2 things: the reservation number for your cruise and a credit or charge card. With these 2 things, they call Disney Cruise Line and can put an charge an onboard credit to their charge card. When you show up for the cruise, you already have money in your onboard account.

CaptainJack
09-24-2006, 04:06 PM
:surfweb: :rolleyes1 popcorn:: :badpc: :wave2:

soleilmagie
09-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I think that I'm going to give up on this thread. It's depressing me. :sad2:

Please Ana, don't give up! What will we do without you? :confused3

Lets be positive : we're not the least popular thread. There is another January thread that has only three pages! :faint:

And that means more room for us on the ship... Who knows, maybe everyone will get an upgrapde! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

CaptainJack
09-24-2006, 10:03 PM

Lets be positive : we're not the least popular thread. There is another January thread that has only three pages! :faint:

And that means more room for us on the ship... Who knows, maybe everyone will get an upgrapde! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:

You are still here. HOORAY!!!!

I think Ana and I account for about 5 of our 15 pages.

I got your pics and they are in the album. Thanks!

NYAna
09-24-2006, 10:31 PM

And that means more room for us on the ship... Who knows, maybe everyone will get an upgrapde! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2:Thanks for not wanting me to go. Okay, I will stay. :hug:

I like your idea of not too many people going so that we then have a great chance of being upgraded. :thumbsup2

NYAna
09-24-2006, 10:33 PM
I think Ana and I account for about 5 of our 15 pages. :lmao:

CaptainJack
09-24-2006, 10:45 PM
I have posted a thread asking for feedback on excursions on St. Maarten. I plan on doing the same for St. Thomas so everyone can get some information on which excursions are the best.

soleilmagie
09-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Good idea CaptainJack! :thumbsup2

The_Marchands
09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
I found the answer to this question on Allearsnet.com. Anyone can add to an onboard credit for you. They will need 2 things: the reservation number for your cruise and a credit or charge card. With these 2 things, they call Disney Cruise Line and can put an charge an onboard credit to their charge card. When you show up for the cruise, you already have money in your onboard account.

Awesome

Now to get someone to put some money in there for me---LOL :rotfl:

NYAna
09-25-2006, 04:23 PM
I have posted a thread asking for feedback on excursions on St. Maarten. I plan on doing the same for St. Thomas so everyone can get some information on which excursions are the best.I noticed that. That was a great idea. Thanks!

NYAna
09-25-2006, 10:43 PM
:dumbo: :simba: :stitch: :figment: :goofy: :sulley: :maleficen :tigger: :ccat: :donald: :mickeyjum :hmghost: BUMP!

soleilmagie
09-26-2006, 08:46 PM
I think it's not enough : we're back on page 2!

:Pinkbounc :yay: :bounce: :jumping1: :jumping3: :jumping2: :dumbo: :simba: :figment: :stitch: :goofy: :maleficen :sulley: :hmghost: :tigger: :ccat: :mickeyjum :donald:

And maybe a little pixie dust too!

pixiedust: :wizard: :tink: :tinker:

supercalidisgirl
09-26-2006, 08:46 PM
What's up you guys? Sorry I haven't posted. Busy busy busy. I have nothing to report other than the fact that I'm tired. How boring, right? But I'm SOOO jazzed about this cruise! My lilofan dad has made all of our restaurant reservations at WDW prior to sailing. He's like a travel agent. I'm so lucky. And he's turning 60...ugh I feel old. I can't imagine how HE feels. Just kidding...luv ya, pops. Anyway...just saying "hi" to the gang. I'll send some pics to Capt Jack. Hey, anyone on myspace?

CaptainJack
09-26-2006, 09:50 PM
I'll send some pics to Capt Jack. Hey, anyone on myspace?

As a result of your post, I got an idea. If anyone is on myspace and has a photo there, give me the necessary information to find you myspace page and I can download your photo from that page.

akamaleficent
09-27-2006, 08:31 PM
my sister (akasleepingbeauty) just got back from her family cruise on sat and she had a great time. i can't wait to see pictures, especially the ones from pirate night. she then reminded me that i haven't made a hotel reservation for the night before and travel arrangements to port. so much to do! maybe if i'm real nice she'll look up some stuff for me.....

we do have our plane tickets though so there's a start.

ana- thanks for checkin' out the website

cpt jack - thanks for the credit info

talk to you soon!

CaptainJack
09-28-2006, 06:51 PM
New pic in the Album--Lilofan and DW

NYAna
09-28-2006, 11:19 PM
So, now it's just down to my DH and I. The rest of my group will not be traveling with us. I am so sad about the whole thing. This is a trip a year in the making and now the plans have changed. I am soooo sad. This trip was going to be perfect. It all started out perfect until my good friend passed away in May. And now no one else is coming with us because Florida has a new law that states that a child cannot have more than 5 unexcused absences and sure enough we have an 11 year old Floridian child traveling with us that already has one unexcused absence! Why is this happening? Don't get me wrong... a week vacation with my DH is really nice, but being with friends that love Disney as much as we do makes the trip a lot more fun. So, now my whole planning strategy has changed and I have to plan for just the two of us.

Well, just wanted to tell you all that you'll just meet my DH and I and not the rest of the gang.

CaptainJack, tell your girls "Thank you" and that I am sorry that Maryanne will not be traveling with us so they won't be hanging out together.

lilofan
09-29-2006, 09:28 AM
dancer:
Only 9 more days till October 8. Quick question,How early can you get online and book stuff. I'm doing Palo dinner and brunch and a couple of surprises for the family.

NYAna
09-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Only 9 more days till October 8. Quick question,How early can you get online and book stuff. I'm doing Palo dinner and brunch and a couple of surprises for the family.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :tinker: :goofy: :figment:I believe as of 12:01am on October 8th. Can anyone else confirm?

soleilmagie
09-29-2006, 06:23 PM
So, now it's just down to my DH and I. The rest of my group will not be traveling with us. I am so sad about the whole thing. This is a trip a year in the making and now the plans have changed. I am soooo sad. This trip was going to be perfect. It all started out perfect until my good friend passed away in May. And now no one else is coming with us because Florida has a new law that states that a child cannot have more than 5 unexcused absences and sure enough we have an 11 year old Floridian child traveling with us that already has one unexcused absence! Why is this happening? Don't get me wrong... a week vacation with my DH is really nice, but being with friends that love Disney as much as we do makes the trip a lot more fun. So, now my whole planning strategy has changed and I have to plan for just the two of us.

Well, just wanted to tell you all that you'll just meet my DH and I and not the rest of the gang.

CaptainJack, tell your girls "Thank you" and that I am sorry that Maryanne will not be traveling with us so they won't be hanging out together.

I'm sorry your friends won't be able to make it, the kids must be so disappointed... but you still have friends that love Disney as much as you do even though you haven't met them yet... us! :grouphug:

soleilmagie
09-29-2006, 06:27 PM
I just bought pirate costumes for DBF and DS for Halloween/Pirate night. pirate: pirate: They have yet to see them. I can't wait to see if they like them!

I found a princess dress for DD, it isn't a Disney Princess dress, but she got an Ariel crown to wear with it. It came with her Happy Meal today. princess:

And I bought myself a Snow White dress. :blush: I just love it, I couldn't resist!

NYAna
09-30-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm sorry your friends won't be able to make it, the kids must be so disappointed... but you still have friends that love Disney as much as you do even though you haven't met them yet... us! :grouphug:Thanks... I know that meeting all of you will be great. I know we'll have a great time.

So, now my friend called me and told me that she has an appointment with the school principle to see if she would allow her to take the time away from school. Let's see what happens.

NYAna
09-30-2006, 04:08 PM
I just bought pirate costumes for DBF and DS for Halloween/Pirate night. pirate: pirate: They have yet to see them. I can't wait to see if they like them!

I found a princess dress for DD, it isn't a Disney Princess dress, but she got an Ariel crown to wear with it. It came with her Happy Meal today. princess:

And I bought myself a Snow White dress. :blush: I just love it, I couldn't resist!That is too cool. I really think I might get a pirate costume for DH and I... but I keep thinking that we may be the only ones dressed up. I've heard that sometimes no one really gets dressed up for this. (I personally think it would be a lot of fun and laughs). :rotfl2:

CaptainJack
09-30-2006, 06:22 PM
On our most recent cruise on September 2, there were a good amount of people dressed up for pirate night. Some went all out and had full costumes. Some just had shirts and hats, but, if you dress up, you will not be alone.

NYAna
09-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to show you all the door sign I put together. Do you like?
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/NYCAna/DisneyDoorSign-1.jpg

lilofan
09-30-2006, 07:45 PM
As for Pirate night we will all be dressed. On our last cruise my Dw and I showed up dressed and the people at our table quickly excused themselves and came back dressed, too. They had been afraid most people would not, but as it turned out probably 1/3 or more people at our dinner seating did.
I'M with Captain Jack on this one. I think people do not dress as much on the Wonder but on both of our Magic cruises it was quite popular.

NYAna--Great sign. I've never done one so it looks like time to do so. You've inspired me!!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

NYAna
09-30-2006, 07:59 PM
As for Pirate night we will all be dressed. On our last cruise my Dw and I showed up dressed and the people at our table quickly excused themselves and came back dressed, too. They had been afraid most people would not, but as it turned out probably 1/3 or more people at our dinner seating did.
I'M with Captain Jack on this one. I think people do not dress as much on the Wonder but on both of our Magic cruises it was quite popular.Okay, now I'm really going to get costumes. Thanks!

NYAna--Great sign. I've never done one so it looks like time to do so. You've inspired me!!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMoThanks! Glad I inspired you! ;)

CaptainJack
09-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Here is what our door looked like on the September cruise:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/lionelpostic/100_0865.jpg

soleilmagie
10-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Oh Ana, please get dressed up!

Since I can't find any women pirate costumes that I like, I think I will be be going for the I'm-Elizabeth-Swann-I-like-to-hang-with-pirates look. :lovestruc pirate:

NYAna
10-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Oh Ana, please get dressed up!

Since I can't find any women pirate costumes that I like, I think I will be be going for the I'm-Elizabeth-Swann-I-like-to-hang-with-pirates look. :lovestruc pirate:Now I am pumped about doing this! Soleilmagie... were did you buy the costume for your DBF and yours? I found this one for me...
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/NYCAna/Swann.jpg

Have you seen other elizabeth swann costumes out there? And I think I'm going to get this one for my DH...
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/NYCAna/Pirate.jpg