PDA

View Full Version : I got Zinged!

jrnunzio3
12-19-2005, 02:05 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I got zinged and that I love what I received. In fact, if whoever did zing me could post and let me know how they made the birthday card, I would appreciate it, or you could go through Goofymom/pop to let me know if you want to remain annonymous. I don't have a creative bone in my body, but I am trying to scrapbook some of my vacations. I would love to make my own cards for the holidays next year, I just need a little help/advise on what to buy/where to buy and how to make.

Thanks again to my Zinger! Happy Holidays.

Jen

goofymom/pop
12-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Congrats.....so what did your card look like?

jrnunzio3
12-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, I got this really cool, let me call him Uncle Sam card, which is just perfect, it is going on my page with my Marine Nephew and his friends who all just came back from Iraq.

I also had a Birthday card in there with an envelope. I need to find out how to make this, I would like to make my own cards next year.

then, I had what I am calling a journaling mat type card that matches the Uncle Sam and a bunch of accents that also match.

Again, I want to thank my Zinger! I just love everything.

Jenny

Congrats.....so what did your card look like?

lewdyan1
12-19-2005, 05:45 PM
How exciting!!! :cool1:

goofymom/pop
12-19-2005, 07:05 PM
since you pm'd me, that you know it was me...which card did I send you?

The Uncle Sam items I made too....glad you liked them. The journaling box type thing is also made to fit a 4x6 photo perfectly. Have fun and glad your nephew is back from Iraq!!!

jrnunzio3
12-20-2005, 06:39 PM
You sent me a Happy Birthday card. I really need to learn how to make my own cards, I think it would end up being a lot less expensive and more personal.

Thanks
Jenny

goofymom/pop
12-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Well I am not sure about the less expensive part, but more personal yes indeed.

I take a 8 1/2 by 11 paper cut in half...so you have two pieces 5 1/2 by 8 1/2. Then fold it in half using your back end of scissors to make a nice crease.

The rest is up to you. I have several stamp sets, and lots of great wooden stamps from the Dollar Tree. You can stamp your cards, or make paper piecings or do a tag, add ribbon, buttons...brads, eyelets...you name it you can do it. Check out the Stampin Up website for pics of ideas....

Glad you liked the card.