PDA

View Full Version : Whoever gave us the recipe for peanut butter cup cookies....

mom2grace
12-17-2005, 10:29 PM
I can't STOP eating them!

I have made 16 dozen of them! Okay 8 dozen are for exchanges, but 4 dozen are unaccounted for! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: and I still have 4 dozen upstairs cooling.

I even froze them, and ate them straight out of the FREEZER!

Okay, maybe this thread should be called, confessions of a Christmas cookie baker, um, eater!!!!

babylisa4
12-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Also a super easy version of this-probably isn't quite as good but I like them just the same is to buy Pillsbury Peanut Butter cookie dough in the roll and pinch off an amount roll into a ball and push into a small muffin tin. Then when you pull it out of the oven stick your reese's cup into it immediately. The hardest part of these is unwrapping the candy. I had a friend who always brought these to work.

Tiggeroo
12-19-2005, 12:12 AM
link to the recipe please?

inky dinky doo
12-19-2005, 05:43 AM
I'm so glad you like them, mom2grace! A friend gave me the recipe several years agon and you're right. They're hard to put down.

Here's the link, Tiggeroo. . .

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=968538&highlight=ball

mom2grace
12-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

½ c butter
½ c peanut butter
½ c sugar
½ c brown sugar
½ tsp salt
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla
1¼ c flour
¾ tsp baking soda
14 oz Reese’s peanut butter cups

Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar & brown sugar. Add egg & vanilla. Stir in & mix well: flour, baking soda & salt. Roll into 1” balls. Put into mini muffin pans & do not press. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Take out of oven & add peanut butter cups immediately. Cool before removing from pan. If removed too early, cookie will break. Yield: 48

mom2grace
12-19-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm so glad you like them, mom2grace! A friend gave me the recipe several years agon and you're right. They're hard to put down.

Here's the link, Tiggeroo. . .

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=968538&highlight=ball

Oh my gosh, your recipe sounds even better!

piratesmate
12-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Oh - the ones you made were the recipe I posted. I love those!! :teeth: I haven't gotten around to baking yet (I'm waiting until DD has time & we had homework overload this weekend :( but she has off on Friday) but I think DH is getting tired of waiting...yesterday he brought me a 2 lb bag of mini peanut butter cups from his Wal-Mart run. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

As much as the other recipe sounds wonderful to me, I don't think I'd better mess with DH's expectations this week. Maybe between Christmas & New Year's...

Tiggeroo
12-19-2005, 11:41 AM
OP which recipe did you use? There are a few on there.

inky dinky doo
12-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Ooo, Piratesmate, I didn't even see your recipe. I'm going to try those. They sound yummy!

ksjayhawks
12-19-2005, 01:10 PM
I used the cookie part of the recipe. Put in mini muffin tins and baked for 9 minutes. Took them out and put a reeses miniature in them. then put the frosting on top.

They have been a hit at cookie exchanges. I have made 12 dozen and only have a few left. Need to make more this week. This is the recipe:

Another more special cookie. . . You'll want to hide some of these in the freezer for yourself; otherwise, they tend to disappear.

Filling:
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. powdered sugar

Cookie:
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. margarine, softened
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 t. vanilla
1 egg
2 c.flour
1/4 c. cocoa
1 t. baking powder

Frosting:
1 c. sifted powdered sugar
2 T. cocoa
1 to 2 T. milk
2 oz cream cheese

In small bowl, combine peanut butter and powdered sugar; blend until smooth. Chill while mixing cookie dough for easier handling. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. In large bowl, cream brown sugar, sugar, margarine and 6 oz cream cheese until light and fluffy; blend in vanilla and egg. Blend flour, cocoa and baking powder into creamed mixture. Shape dough into one-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. With thumb, make imprint in center of each cookie; fill with 1 tsp filling. Bring dough around filling to completely cover. Bake for 9 to 12 minutes. Cool. In small bowl, blend frosting ingredients. Spread over peanut butter cups. Makes 3-1/2 dozen

mom2grace
12-20-2005, 09:07 AM
OP which recipe did you use? There are a few on there.

I used piratesmate's recipe in post #5. I love it, I have 2 mini-muffin pans, so I can bake 48 cookies at once! WOW!! But, mine only take about 9 minutes to bake.

robinb
12-20-2005, 09:19 AM
I hate you guys. I made some last night (only a dozen because my pan is only that big) and they are almost all gone.

Beetle
12-26-2005, 08:24 AM
I always try something new to our standard Xmas meal each year. Based on comments from this thread, I tried the Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and am so glad I did. They were a HUGE hit at Xmas get together yesterday. I always send plates of remaining desserts with everyone and all were picking up extras of this cookie! Will have to make again next year!!

½ c butter
½ c peanut butter
½ c sugar
½ c brown sugar
½ tsp salt
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla
1¼ c flour
¾ tsp baking soda
14 oz Reese’s peanut butter cups

Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar & brown sugar. Add egg & vanilla. Stir in & mix well: flour, baking soda & salt. Roll into 1” balls. Put into mini muffin pans & do not press. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Take out of oven & add peanut butter cups immediately. Cool before removing from pan. If removed too early, cookie will break. Yield: 48