PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Crushes

casoue10
12-17-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm having guy trouble. I really like this guy in my grade :love: , but I get the feeling he doesn't notice me. He's only in one of my classes and I'm a "quiet girl". I'm in 8th grade and never dated b4. Plus he's popular in our small school. How's a girl like me supposed to get a guy like him?? I need help now. I think I'm in love :lovestruc

MuNkY
12-17-2005, 04:08 PM
A lot of guys like quiet girls.:confused3

But other than that, I can't really give you too much advice. I have a few more things to say, but I would get flamed off the boards.

Princess Ash
12-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I'm in 8th grade and never dated b4. Plus he's popular in our small school. How's a girl like me supposed to get a guy like him?? I need help now. I think I'm in love :lovestruc

First off...8th grade and never dated is not a bad thing. I had a sorta-bf-for-a-short-while in 8th grade, but didn't really have a real bf til my freshman year in college. After that, i had a 2 year, 3 month relationship :goodvibes .
So don't worry about being behind in that area.

Second..."a girl like you"...you need some confidence girly!!! There is no "girl like you..." You ARE you! You're an individual! You sound sweet, intelligent, and like you are a lot of fun! Have faith and believe in yourself. You hafta have confidence! I wish I had the confidence in middle school that I do now...not arrogance...confidence.

Third...To get him? You gotta break outta that quiet shell for a short while, cuz guys at that age...even if they like you...won't say anything. You know, he may be pretty shy in his own way. My advice...next school dance, or something like that...get up the nerve and ask him to dance!!! Don't want to be that bold? Ask him what a hw assignment is, casually ask him how his weekend was (whenever u come in contact with him)...little things like that.

Fourth...Watch those emotions, lol...we are a very loving community here...we don't want you to get hurt. If this guy isn't right for you...then someone else will be. If he doesn't pay attention to you...then it's DEFINITELY his loss! I know it's easy for me to say now...but trust me...from someone who has been EXACTLY where you are...............you'll grow into your own. And if a bf doesn't come along now...there surely will be one in ur future!!!

Good luck!!!
Keep us posted (and hope this helped!!!)

<3Ash

PS-

:wizard:

(Pixie dust for a little extra help, haha!)

XoXGerardLoverXoX
12-18-2005, 04:26 PM

But other than that, I can't really give you too much advice. I have a few more things to say, but I would get flamed off the boards.

True, True becuase I liked this kid and he liked me and I was queit and yea so....
(BTW this is Morgan (UJust Got PUNKD on my new user :teeth: )

PolynessianBaby
12-18-2005, 07:36 PM
Basically everything Princess Ash said....Just be your self...Talk to him and be confident...It's not bad to be in 8th grade with no b/f experience...I'm in 10th grade and I have only had a couple...1 that lasted for a while. So just stay confident and be yourself, talk to him and don't be nervous. Maybe start out by being just friends.:D
Taylor*

MuNkY
12-18-2005, 08:20 PM
True, True becuase I liked this kid and he liked me and I was queit and yea so....
(BTW this is Morgan (UJust Got PUNKD on my new user :teeth: )
Why do you have so many user names?

swimturtle115
12-18-2005, 09:05 PM
hey how do you get a buncha user names? why wont anybody talk 2 me geese i am new and everything and i am al a lone plus al u other people sound alot older than me i am 2 years behind bein a teen but not 4 long hahahahah!

MuNkY
12-18-2005, 09:26 PM
hey how do you get a buncha user names? why wont anybody talk 2 me geese i am new and everything and i am al a lone plus al u other people sound alot older than me i am 2 years behind bein a teen but not 4 long hahahahah!
You have two posts. We havn't had the chance. :confused3

Princess Ash
12-18-2005, 10:15 PM

Hi! Welcome to the DIS! So that makes you 11? My goodness, you kids are starting young! You're only a year older than my lil bro!

Anyways, welcome to the DIS! If you want people to say hi...I'd suggest making a new thread and letting people know who you are! Anyways, have fun!!! :wave2: :wave:

DollfieDreams
12-18-2005, 11:44 PM
honey, just follow what the Princess said and you'll be just fine. ^_^ i know how you feel, im going through the same thing, but i only see my.."crush" every other couple of months. im hopeless, but you on the other hand need to shoot for the moon. remember, you only live once! :goodvibes

Princess Ash
12-19-2005, 12:01 AM
WOW...after reading this post 3 times...I realized that I wrote that I didn't have my first real bf til my frosh year of COLLEGE! How could that be considering i'm NOT EVEN IN COLLEGE YET???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I meant my frosh year of high school. :goodvibes

Anyways, follow your heart...if you make a mistake, at least you'll know you followed your heart.

Keep us posted!

XoXGerardLoverXoX
12-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Why do you have so many user names?

I dont know.....

pugslee
12-19-2005, 02:51 PM

wow, I'm pretty quiet and never really realized that. but there's this one girl that is much more quieter than me, and the guys are all over her.

casoue10
02-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks a lot. (esp. Princess Ash)
Hey I ordered him a flower, for Valintine's Day, thru a school fundraiser. It's pink for "secret admirer". :lovestruc I am not going to tell him it's from me though. Oh well, I'll get around to it. ;) Thanks again.

casoue10
01-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Wow .....Im totally over HIM Now. Y? Well, I got tired of waiting, I saw him hugging his GF:sad1: , and he isnt worth my time. And He never knew... and probably never will.:ssst: (I liked him from June 2005-December 2006. (One and a Half YEARS!!)) I think its time to move on.

swimer3
01-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Wow .....Im totally over HIM Now. Y? Well, I got tired of waiting, I saw him hugging his GF:sad1: , and he isnt worth my time. And He never knew... and probably never will.:ssst: (I liked him from June 2005-December 2006. (One and a Half YEARS!!)) I think its time to move on.

I've liked the same boy for.... 2 1/2 years.
And I'm still not over him.
I'm just pathetic.
and a 'fraidycat

Sparx
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
I REALLY liked the same boy for two months(I had a little crush for about a year, but I mean, serious)...we're a week away from our 5 month anniversary.
take a chance. if he's free, pounce. He's free game, so go play.

casoue10
01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
I've liked the same boy for.... 2 1/2 years.
And I'm still not over him.
I'm just pathetic.
and a 'fraidycat

My Advice. Drop him a BIG hint now before u do like me. I still kinda like him but I convinced myself that I should just move on. (Plus my man was seeing someone) So.... yeah leave a BIG hint and see....either u'll keep liking him from a distance or mayb he'll get the hint and u to could be closer. ;)

Captain Brain
01-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Do what Ash and Shelby said. They're right.

Follow your heart, and do what you want to. :)

swimer3
01-17-2007, 05:18 PM
problem is, he's my best friend.
I dont want to mess things up or make it akward.

But I am thinking about asking him to Sadie Hawkin's Dance. just as friends though.

casoue10
01-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Ohhh.........ok. That makes sence.

The Dance things a really good idea though.

Mickey1122
01-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Sorry that happened. :hug:

Lil_Tink
01-17-2007, 06:45 PM
What Ash said.
Be your self.
Go for it :thumbsup2
If you get let down, move on, hes not worth it.
It's 8th grade, have fun :teeth:
I really liked one of my best friends, i didn't think it would work out, but now hes my bf and so far it has -knock on wood-

CastawayJ
01-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm having guy trouble. I really like this guy in my grade :love: , but I get the feeling he doesn't notice me. He's only in one of my classes and I'm a "quiet girl". I'm in 8th grade and never dated b4. Plus he's popular in our small school. How's a girl like me supposed to get a guy like him?? I need help now. I think I'm in love :lovestruc

sounds kinda like me except im a guy

1)go to school dance
2)have friends "nag" the 2 of u
3)dont break up like we did over break:sad1:

cuteswimgirl
01-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Every one just remember like the song... LOVE IS A BATTLE FEILD

CastawayJ
01-17-2007, 09:11 PM
my friend doesnt understand your sig???

cuteswimgirl
01-17-2007, 09:17 PM
my friend doesnt understand your sig???
?????

CastawayJ
01-17-2007, 09:19 PM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????

we can do this all day

ps i like it:thumbsup2

Idol_Fan
01-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Same thing goin with me BUT i messed it up big time. Im acting like one of those little kids in 3rd grade who tease their crush! ARG! :(

CastawayJ
01-17-2007, 09:24 PM
yay sig

i like the ocian

cuteswimgirl
01-17-2007, 09:28 PM
thanks i like urs to but i dont want to get off topic

but just to get back on track here is my story that i said a while ago and here is what happend the other day

He stares into my eyes
as i walk to class
i look back my heart pounds
i just wait for him to talk to me
he does not
it just makes me feel like he is to shigh*
to show his feelings
i heard some rumors that
he liked me
but i dont want to talk to him
what if he says no
i am mocked about
likeing him for a year
if he says yes
i would feel like
i forced him becuase i would look nevrous
but i just feel nevrous how he looks at me its
like he does it constentley
he knows i like him
thanks to friends :confused:
i dont want to make a move,.....
i cant even say hi to him..

oh man... first loves :rolleyes:

CastawayJ
01-17-2007, 09:30 PM
we dont have to ask every time

do it! do it!(chanting in backround)

PatriotsRule
01-17-2007, 09:34 PM

Ok, first off, don't feel bad because you're in 8th grade and never had a bf before. You go at your OWN pace. I did, and I had my first bf way after 8th grade. I can also relate to the "quiet girl" thing. It does feel like no one notices you when you're quiet. Just try your best to talk to him, but don't make it seem like you're trying really hard. Remember, baby steps.

PrincessKally
01-17-2007, 09:52 PM
My Director/teacher/adultfriend? lol Well anyways she has this saying to us when were acting and stuff that refers to when were not getting out of the box and being wild or the best we can be, and for some reason this thread made me think about it.
The quote is....
"Just get naked and jump in a pool full of jello!"
lol refering to just put yourself out there, Now I am not necessarily the girl to ask out a guy, or a girl that has had any luck with guys in the past, but I am coming to realize I need to put myself out there more, hang out with the guy get to know him etc, and stop being shy around guys, I Mean I'm crazy and wild around my friends and guyfriends but its almost like shutdown mood takes place around the certain guy.
Take baby steps but try to put yourself out there and talk to him would be my advice, get him to see the real you, your personality. And if he tries to get past the "quiet girl" appearance hes a keeper!

wow I just rambled alot. sorry!

Babyjustrun
01-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Honestly, you can't wait for him to come to you. While guys like shy girls, they aren't just going to ask you out magically if you don't speak to them or anything. If you like him, talk to him and hang around. Get to know him, even perhaps ask him to do something outside of school? It's not necessary for a guy to make the first move, they're scared of rejection as much as we girls are.

PatriotsRule
01-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Honestly, you can't wait for him to come to you. While guys like shy girls, they aren't just going to ask you out magically if you don't speak to them or anything. If you like him, talk to him and hang around. Get to know him, even perhaps ask him to do something outside of school? It's not necessary for a guy to make the first move, they're scared of rejection as much as we girls are.

::yes::

Now, if only I could take that advice. :blush:

Babyjustrun
01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
::yes::

Now, if only I could take that advice. :blush:

I probably shouldn't be giving advice.
You have no idea how many times I've had a crush on a guy, and haven't made any moves.
I'm getting better at being outgoing and the guys I like are basically my friends, I'm comfortable talking to them. They're as random and crazy as me.