PDA

View Full Version : help with i pod accessories

mrFDNY
12-17-2005, 02:32 PM
hi all,
sorry to post here, but i figure you guys would know the most about this subject.anyway,if you were getting this,anything else that goes with it,that you might want?

hi all,
my cousin is getting the i pod,the one that also plays movies for x-mas.shhh he does'nt know yet his parents are buying it for him.so are there any things that i can buy him for x-mas that goes along with the i pod?i honestly have no clue about these things.I'm sure the i pod has other accessories, but i have no clue about this thing.so help me here folks,if say your parents were buying you the I pod that also plays movies,would you need or want anything to go with it?

2HOT2touch
12-17-2005, 02:45 PM
well i have an ipod mini but there is this speaker/radio that you can hook any ipod up to. and I asked for that for christmas, so there are plenty of speakers that you can hook ipods up too, all you have to do is go to the apple store and pick one. there are also car attatchments so you can plug the ipod into the car stereo and it will play through the radio. you can also get covers for it. If you go to any apple store there are plenty of accessories and there are people there that can help you pick something for your cousin. you can also go to apple.com that might help too.
good luck! and Merry Christmas!!!!

U Just Got PUNKD
12-17-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't know much about ipod either but you could get him like some ear phone that are his favorite color or something I bet I didnt help but...

belle_of_the_ball
12-17-2005, 02:53 PM
there are skins to go w/ the ipod...but i havent seen any for the nano. an itunes gift card would be good...that way they can download music. On the nano that my friend is getting her mom went to sam goodey and got "the creature 2" sound system..its 165 i think here. Its all so cool! if you go to your local best buy curcuit city or something like that you may be able to find something.

AllyGirlie
12-17-2005, 07:53 PM
I got an ipod over the summer and let me tell ya - they charge you up the a** for accessories.. The only accessory I've gotten is the outlet adapter, so you can charge it without the use of a computer by plugging it into the wall. Other than that it came with everything I needed, earphones, USB cable, clip/holder thingy. Oh, I did buy a case at American Eagle for it for $19 which is cheap compared to those iskin thingys which cost about $30

BandGeek911
12-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I'm getting a cover to protect my ipod from any more scratches. I got it for $5 at 5 below. I would also get new earphones... the ones that come with the ipod stink!

2HOT2touch
12-18-2005, 03:48 PM
I got an ipod over the summer and let me tell ya - they charge you up the a** for accessories.. The only accessory I've gotten is the outlet adapter, so you can charge it without the use of a computer by plugging it into the wall. Other than that it came with everything I needed, earphones, USB cable, clip/holder thingy. Oh, I did buy a case at American Eagle for it for $19 which is cheap compared to those iskin thingys which cost about $30
You didn't get an adaptor with it??? hm..thats strange....

AllyGirlie
12-18-2005, 09:07 PM
The USB power adapter? You have to buy that separate ($29). The ipod comes with the USB cord to plug it into the computer with, which is how most people charge the ipod. I wanted to be able to charge it without a computer so I had to buy the adapter..

ktbutterfly2011
12-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Three words

Case Case Case. make sure the case protects the screen from scratches as well as the rest of the ipod. I really love my case, it came with a belt hook, arm wrap and wrist wrap. And, it's in my school colors :goodvibes:

2HOT2touch
12-20-2005, 04:28 PM
The USB power adapter? You have to buy that separate ($29). The ipod comes with the USB cord to plug it into the computer with, which is how most people charge the ipod. I wanted to be able to charge it without a computer so I had to buy the adapter..

o, mine came with the adaptor...i have a mini so i guess its different...? Or maybe you didn't buy it from apple? cuz my friend has the 20GB and hers came with the adaptor too...

AllyGirlie
12-20-2005, 07:16 PM
o, mine came with the adaptor...i have a mini so i guess its different...? Or maybe you didn't buy it from apple? cuz my friend has the 20GB and hers came with the adaptor too...

Are we talking about the same thing? I have an ipod mini as well and I bought mine at the Apple store in Farmington, CT. This is what I'm talking about.. USB Power Adapter (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M9837LL/A)

By the way have you noticed that Apple doesn't even make the ipod mini anymore? They don't advertise it online and they don't have them in any of the stores that used to carry them anymore..

2HOT2touch
12-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Are we talking about the same thing? I have an ipod mini as well and I bought mine at the Apple store in Farmington, CT. This is what I'm talking about.. USB Power Adapter (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M9837LL/A)

By the way have you noticed that Apple doesn't even make the ipod mini anymore? They don't advertise it online and they don't have them in any of the stores that used to carry them anymore..

Yep, mine came with it, and so did my friends....I got mine at the Westfarms mall in CT.
and yea, I don't think they make the mini ipod anymore...