PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Fountain --HELP!

mcnuss
12-16-2005, 07:42 PM
DD has been obsessed with Chocolate Fountains ever since we saw one on a buffet at a local restaurant. Since there are so many home units in the stores right now, we got her one and we let her open it tonight in advance of our holiday party tomorrow.

The instructions call for "dipping chocolate" though, which I don't have and can't imagine finding before noon tomorrow. I found a recipe on the web that calls for regular chocolate chips mixed with a certain amount of oil to make it flow smoothly. I am wondering if anyone out there has any experience with these machines and can advise me about the chocolate. I probably have 10 lbs of choco chips in the cupboard (thank you BJs!) so it would be alot easier to use them!

TIA!

iNTeNSeBLue98
12-16-2005, 07:57 PM
You can buy the wafers at Michaels, AC Moore or other craft stores that seel candy-making supplies. Wal-Mart might even have them.

Marimar
12-16-2005, 08:30 PM
I would go w/iNTeNSeBLue98's advice, but I have been at a party where the hostess used the recipe you speak about. It worked fine and tasted yummy!

Mickey's old friend
12-16-2005, 08:39 PM
The wafers are called summer coating, just chocolate flavored. I have never used a fountain, but I think the chips with oil added would work.

we3disneygo
12-17-2005, 07:10 AM
our Kroger's store had one of these going one day and they were selling chunks of choc. to melt.???? :confused3 good luck and let us know how it works, I'd like one of these too!

mcnuss
12-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks to everyone! DH went back to the store where he bought it yesterday am (thank God the mall opened at 8:00 am) and bought the stuff they were selling for it - it was delicious!

Fair warning to anyone thinking of buying one of these: it makes the worst mess you will ever see ! It took over an hour to clean it. Needless to say, it will only come out for special occasions.