PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you about the Pooh quilt I making

dyna
12-14-2005, 04:55 AM
I'm enlarging clipart pics of Pooh and friends just the characters no background need simple pics as I'm goin to paint them and be easier to paint.

I'm enlarging the pics to full page size. I only need the basic outlines so if pic is not of best quality it does not matter.

I will trace around the pics with an iron on transfer pencil once again only needing the basic outlines and a few details. Then I'll iron the transfers onto my blocks which will be just a tad bit larger than puter paper pages. Then I'll paint with Martha White tube ball point paints. Once painted I'll let the paint sit 24 hours or there about and iron on the wrong side of the block to help set the paints. Then from there it will just be a matter of sewing the blocks together with strips of material prolly green as Pooh lives in the 100 acre woods.

I'm making the quilt large enough for a twin sized bed.

In the past I've done this type of quilt using simple outline pics of animals from coloring books and made the blocks slightly larger than the book page.
Used a different brand of paint but I know the Martha White will work already tried it out.

Some of the quilts I made are 30 yrs old and still going strong the paints not fading and the quilts still in 1 piece.

I'm having a bit of trouble with eeyore right now he doesn't enlarge the same as the other characters has or I'm doing something wrong. I'll get him eventually tho.

goofymom/pop
12-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Wow sounds beautiful. I used to do things with the ball tube paints...loved them too! I had forgotten about them. Brings back memories of many sweatshirts for my nephews.....they were much better then the fabric paints because they never peeled or chipped off.

As for eeyore you can take him to kinkos and have him enlarged to the size you need if you can't get it right.

have fun!

FantasticDisFamily
12-14-2005, 08:06 AM
Sounds cool! Have fun with it.
Deb

bclydia
12-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Wow! That sounds great. I'll be starting my disney quilt in the new year. I've got autographed fabric blocks from our trip in Sept and will be adding appliques of the characters. I didn't know they still made the ball paints. My Mum used them to make us trick or treat bags almost 35 years ago.
Post a picture of your finished quilt if you can. We'd love to see it.

Aalore
12-15-2005, 12:19 AM
This sounds like a fun project!

Stephres
12-15-2005, 06:14 AM
That sounds really neat: I would also love to see a picture when you're done.

jenny2
12-15-2005, 09:02 AM
That's a great idea! Definitely post a picture when you're done!!